[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lyndon LaRouche in 1986 or Elon Musk in 2016? >Imagine t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: LLwasright.png (207 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
LLwasright.png
207 KB, 512x384
Lyndon LaRouche in 1986 or Elon Musk in 2016?

>Imagine traveling from New York to Los Angeles in only 21 minutes-by train. Impossible? A maglev system operating underground in a vacuum tube would have virtually no limit to its speed, with no steel-on-rail friction and no aerodynamic resistance. At a steady rate of acceleration, the passenger leaving New York would feel a gentle acceleration pull for about half the trip, then a steady deceleration. And this at an average speed of about 8,500 miles per hour!

http://www. larouchepub.com/eiw/public/1986/eirv13n04-19860124/eirv13n04-19860124_014-opening_the_age_of_electromagnet. pdf
>>
File: g2G7l.png (416 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
g2G7l.png
416 KB, 640x480
>>74901962

Is it possible that Lyndon LaRouche is not a kook and is in fact a genius far ahead of his time, as his supporters insist?
>>
File: 1463558049783.jpg (6 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1463558049783.jpg
6 KB, 236x236
>>74901962
you cant have nice things like that with muslims around, sorry bro
>>
File: p1.png (384 KB, 493x554) Image search: [Google]
p1.png
384 KB, 493x554
>>74901962
p1
>>
File: p2.png (217 KB, 482x610) Image search: [Google]
p2.png
217 KB, 482x610
>>74902273
If we can have planes we can have hyperloop which is safer against terrorist attacks than flying.
>>
The future is now
>>
I talked to LaRouche people when I was at the university of washington because they had a booth on campus with a huge photo of Obama with a Hitler 'stache. Was hilarious. Then the lady started saying inane crazy people stuff and I looked them up on Youtube and it was very cult-ish. They still call me occasionally to this day 1 year later
>>
>>74902649
>with a huge photo of Obama with a Hitler 'stache

They had this outside my uni too, right next to a picture of Putin that was captioned, "This is a leader"
>>
>>74901962
i wonder what a disaster involving this would look like
>>
>>74903029

dude that would be fukken awesome
>>
>>74903026
Putin is a leader. He has over 80% approval ratings in Russia. Who do you think is a good leader? Obama and David Cameron?
>>
>>74902438
>train going 8,500 mph in a vaccuum tube

>plant bomb somwhere in tube
>destroy vacuum
>train gets slightly misaligned as it travels through the tube
>slight magnetic misalignment at 8,500 mph

I think you can use your imagination on what that would look like.
>>
Futurama is starting to happen.
>>
>>74903546
Metal on metal grinding, sparks, rapid deceleration, several people killed.

Compare with a bomb on a plane, plane goes down, 300+ people dead.

No comparison.
>>
>>74903299
Remember when Sadam won 100% back to back baby????
>>
>>74903546
metal liquification. It would be over quick.

If the tunnel was in bedrock it wouldn't' be that big a deal, just repair the tunnel and lay some more track.
>>
>>74903756
Remember when Russia was not the same country as Iraq and comparing the two proved nothing?
>>
>>74901962
sounds cool, until mohammed blows it up
>>
>>74903744
The train would be obliterated my dude
>>
>>74903299
>over 80% approval ratings
And you believe it?
>>
You know what inspires me? Sending maglev trains to the moon! Teaching African peasants JavaScript!
>>
File: 1444300384837.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1444300384837.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>74903546
>I think you can use your imagination on what that would look like.

They would be human paste.

However, how is that different from a plane going down? Less toasted remains?

Also, that's assuming the tech would ever get to that idealized point, which it would not. But let's say it lets trains compete with or exceed flights as a mode of transport on distance. That would be interesting.

Hell, just having this tech and moving ONLY FREIGHT would pay major dividends. Every penny saved on transport is dollars off the final cost of a product.
>>
>>74904351
If a plane goes down, you lose a plane
If one of those trains moving at that speed were to have an accident you'd ruin your tube.

The energy involved is huge
>>
>>74904351
What makes this different from a plane accident is the fact that a hyperloop has many more points of attack.

When you want to attack the plane, you only really have the plane itself to plant a bomb in.

If you want to attack the hyperloop, you don't have to just place the bomb on the train, you can place it anywhere on the miles long tracks.

That in itself increases the risk of attack by a large magnitude.
>>
>>74904958
Unless the bomb is triggered exactly as the train passes nothing would happen except damage to the tube. Even if the train were passing each track section is connected in parallel so there is a good chance levitation could be maintained and loss of life would not be nearly as severe as a bomb on a plane. People posting here about a bomb causing instantaneous loss of levitation and immediate deceleration turning people into paste don't have a clue how maglev works.
>>
>>74904161
Not even close. As I said, huge friction and damage on the body of the train and the track, rapid deceleration. Anyone not buckled up would go flying. There would be loss of life, but it would not be nearly as bad as a bomb on a plane.
>>
>>74904958
>people in a vacuum
>>
>>74904799
You would ruin a section of a tube which would have to be rebuilt. Not insignificant, but not your entire tube ruined.
>>
>>74906323
>replacing buried tube is easy

meanwhile the entire system is jammed up trying to route around the damage...and thats assuming you HAVE multiple lines to divert to. And don't forget the concerns of the familys with regards to remains, and the investigation that will also hold up repairs.

As another poster said, can't have nice things with muslims
>>
>>74906817
Because each tube has several tracks and track switching is a thing. We have buried tubes right now, its called a subway. What we shut down all subways because of muslims? Did you fall on your head?
>>
>>74907140
subways don't travel at 8500mph and are tremendously less technologically complicated.

you're imagining we'll just dig up the bad section and put some premade piece back in but by its very nature of being new and innovative, it will be complicated.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.