[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fracking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 14
File: Natural_Gas_Fracking_01.jpg (43 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
Natural_Gas_Fracking_01.jpg
43 KB, 500x407
There are plans to start fracking in our area.
What is your oppinion on fracking?
>>
>>74865615
>our area.
who's area? earth?
>>
we tried fracking once but it turned out it incccrrcceeeesaasssess eeeaarertthhqquqqquaaaakaeekeeeesss.s.ss...
>>
>>74865760
Western Germany
>>
>>74865615
Got a good, non-corrupt regulatory body which will enforce those regulations?
Yes?
Then your fine.

Nat Gas is too deep to affect groundwater from fracking alone, and the Gasland meme of ignitable water comes from areas fracked and not fracked that have water wells that pump methane rich groundwater. Not that nobody has shown any danger to it but hey.

The real dangers are;
>Concrete well heads not correctly constructed
Leads to nat gas seeping out of the well-had cracks.
>Overland spills of frack fluid
Leads to groundwater contamination. Happens for the same reason red mud alumina spills (that's some real shit there) happen.

Regardless, if you don't like it, do you want Russian gas, Saudi oil, or dirty coal instead?
>>
>>74865615
Fairly sure they already do it in the Netherlands, they just don't call it that.

Don't really care.
>>
>>74865766
Extracting large amounts of gas causes earthquakes.

The fracking itself doesn't, it just lets you extract more than you would normally be able to reach.
>>
>>74865615
fracking an sich halte ich für nicht unübel, in deutschland jedoch schon.
die methode würde schon einen schritt in richtung autonomie bzg. energieimporte bringen und die hohen standards die hier gelten und/oder angelegt würden, verhindern solche szenarien wie gas aus wasserleitungen etc.
allerdings würden sich dann wieder sofort grüne cucks an rohre ketten oder raufbold rollstuhl eine steuer darauf erheben.
>>
File: Fracking According to the Left.jpg (118 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
Fracking According to the Left.jpg
118 KB, 800x530
>>74865615
Let's get this out of the way early.
>>
>>74865615
I don't think it will be a problem in Germany. Europe has strict water pollution rules. And Germany even more so... It's not like the USA where all you have to do is to brib... donate to the campaign funds of some politician and then get a "do what you want" card.
>>
File: Fracking to Scale.jpg (108 KB, 800x1941) Image search: [Google]
Fracking to Scale.jpg
108 KB, 800x1941
>>74866756
>>
File: Fracking According to the Left.png (416 KB, 519x416) Image search: [Google]
Fracking According to the Left.png
416 KB, 519x416
>>74866775
>>
File: Fracking to Scale.png (2 MB, 516x1579) Image search: [Google]
Fracking to Scale.png
2 MB, 516x1579
>>74866808
>>
>>74866850
>>
File: farking.jpg (359 KB, 670x8671) Image search: [Google]
farking.jpg
359 KB, 670x8671
>>
File: Fracking to Scale 2.png (28 KB, 268x1803) Image search: [Google]
Fracking to Scale 2.png
28 KB, 268x1803
>>74866881
I hope this clears things up for you.
>>
>>74865615
Inject proprietary undisclosed chemical mix into ground, state its impossible for them to leach into groundwater.
>leaches into groundwater anyways

Just frack my shit up.
>>
I would welcome the influx of economic development, jobs and tax revenue.
>>
>>74867025
but thats staaaaatist
>>
Do you know how many millions of gallons of drinking water they'll be using and what kind of chemicals they'll be pumping into your drinking water?

If not, then it's probably not a good idea. It's also a horrific bubble (ponzi scheme).
>>
>>74865615
They've come a hell of a long way with the technology and it's virtually safe now.
>>
>>74866915
>>74866899
>>74866881
>>74866850
>>74866808
>>74866775

Underground aquifiers do not work like that, it's not a band of water near the surface. Sometimes you need to drill far down into the bedrock (where water flows in the cracks) to get enough water to supply a town.

Fracking don't need to be a problem, but your pictures make no scientific sense.
>>
>>74867106
Yes because thats all that matters in todays warped society
>>
>>74867106
We'll have the high-speed rail wall soon.
>>
>>74865615
I made tons of money working frac. So I like it.
>>
So generally the oppinion is split...

>>74867560
Any professional information available?
>>
>>74867240
I edited pictures put out by radical leftists. Blame whoever made the originals for misrepresenting aquifers as perfect bands of water.

The scale, however, is generally accurate. Aquifers vary from starting a few feet below the surface to ending a few hundred feet below the surface. Fracking usually targets shale gas around 6000-10000 feet below the surface. The two are separated by several thousand feet of bedrock.
>>
>>74866066
>>74866066
>>74866066

I want nuclear energy but "scientific" liberals fucking hate it because its a way to make the world better without increasing the power of government.
>>
Gasland is environmentalist nonsense with no hard science behind it.
The "experts" who criticize Fracking in Gasland do not have any credentials in the subject of Fracking or even geology and have been sued in Texas over it. The hipster numale shill that stars in it refuses third party testing of his property(as do other Fracking "victims") and is paid by an environmental group that is funded by a mysterious caiman islands account that's linked to Russian Energies Corporations.

The Russians killed Fracking in western Europe to keep them dependant on Russian Energies, I believe they are trying to do the same in the America's.
>>
>entire mouth in the glass while drinking

what sort of mongoloid does this
>>
No fucks given desu.
>>
>>74867679
Sure. What specifically would you like to know.
>>
>>74865615
Anyone completely against fracking is retarded and wants us to all be dependent on OPEC for energy. Pass sensible regulations to protect the groundwater supply, and then get to work and produce energy and grow the economy.
>>
>>74867920
No, the Americans killed it by trying to tank Russia's economy through rigging the oil prices down, and then the Saudis (best butt-buddies with the Americans) were all like hell naw and tanked the oil price hard enough to crash the fracking ponzi scheme.
>>
>>74868062
Why is there such huge controversy about the whole topic?
Why won't they tell anybody what chemicals they are using excactly?
>>
>>74867860
Nuclear is "scary" because boomers were brainwashed against it by the govt and fossil fuel industries, these cucks went on brainwash later generations.
>>
>>74866915
Well now I know that whatever they're doing, isn't being done close enough to the water for it to be an issue.

What i don't know is, wtf are doing?
Can someone spoonfeed the fuck out of me and explain this whole fracking thing and why it's so controversial.
>>
>>74868238
>Why won't they tell anybody what chemicals they are using excactly?
Oh sorry that's proprietary intellectual property and it would violate copyright and patent law if the government's regulatory agencies were to actually do their jobs!

p.s. hope you like TTP and TTIP
>>
>>74868443

>TTP/TTIP

Not for us :^)
>>
File: frackTiki[1].png (551 KB, 1000x464) Image search: [Google]
frackTiki[1].png
551 KB, 1000x464
>>74865615
Yes, and good.
My region is littered with old slag-heaps and quarries and closed coal mines, even mines stretching deep under the sea.
I think we can tolerate a little fracking, I can't see how it will damage the earth any more than churning it up and physically digging deep into it.

Plus none of the water here comes from aquifers or any of that shit, and we don't suffer from Earthquakes.
>Drill, baby, drill!
>>
>>74868582
Yeah, no, you just have BP so you can fuck over our Gulf of Mexico and our government will cover for you.
>>
>>74868443
>Oh sorry that's proprietary intellectual property and it would violate copyright and patent law if the government's regulatory agencies were to actually do their jobs!
In other words toxic/carcinogenic. Proprietary intellectual property means they don't have to open up to scrutiny exactly what they are pumping "below" the water table.
>>
>>74865615

There is literally nothing wrong with fracking.

I'll be surprised if it actually happens considering how much the Russians are investing in anti-fracking propaganda, rent-a-protest etc. in Europe to prevent any competitors from loosening their stranglehold on your natural gas market.
>>
>>74868068

More government intrusion and rules to inhibit business? No thanks, it's a fair trade those locals made between the fracking co' and local interests.

They can always move out if it's an issue/land is "tainted".
>>
File: JEW-FOREHEADS-III.jpg (162 KB, 650x804) Image search: [Google]
JEW-FOREHEADS-III.jpg
162 KB, 650x804
>>74865615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCNDuCUB30

video related, it's Miles Mcinnes (Gavin Mcinnes' liberal brother) talking about fracking and why bush lied, people died, and a panda cried

the truth is, the rich liberals at the top started this controversy because it makes the US

energy independent
use their dumb free energy theories less
gives the energy industry more jobs
is largely responsible for the increase in jobs in US
less people on welfare
more blue collar workers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY34PQUiwOQ
Watch this
>>
>>74868421
The radical left hates all forms of fossil fuels. Their goal is to deindustrialize/degrowth. Cheap energy gave us industrialization. They cannot deindustrialize without removing cheap energy from the equation.

As such, they will produce all matter of propaganda and recruit useful idiots to make energy more expensive. They've been doing so for about 50 years.
>>
>>74868760
>delusional lolbertarian
Protecting property rights is one of the fundamental roles of government. I don't want dumbass companies to fuck my shit up because they don't know how to frack properly.
>>
>>74868092
> opec drives oil prices though the roof by cutting production
> high oil prices make fracking cost effective
> oil prices start dropping
> america is rigging the oil market!!

you are economically illiterate.

>>74868421
Fracking is basically drilling 2 wells, then pumping a thick slurry (viscous fluid) made from bentonite (the same clay that makes pottery) into the oil reservoir to push the oil up to the pumphead.

thats pretty much it.

there are no "dangerous chemicals" involved
it is not any more dangerous to the environment than normal oil pumping
the evil "runoff" is MUD not a chemical cocktail of benzine, PCB's, roundup and poison baby milk.

if you want scientific analysis, ask a scientist, not the eco-loon left.
>>
>>74868873
I can understand hatred of fossil fuels. Fair enough, less of them would be better. It makes us less dependent AND it means we can sell our supplies to countries who need it.

But we need a viable alternative, and so far there's only one, and liberals hate it far more than fossil fuels.
>>
>>74865615
>>74866756
>>74866775
>>74868746
whatsup with the tap water meme?

isn't tap water already treated? aka fluoride in the tap bruv?
>>
>>74869114
And how do you explan the burning water?!?
>>
>>74868238
It's controversial because people make seem like the worst thing ever (i.e. gasland).

Chemicals vary well to well. Most frac sites use 99% water and sand/1% chemikills anyway. Your safe.
>>
>>74869114
You are ignorant. Part of the idea of that operation was to lower domestic energy costs to try to juice the economy a bit through the back door. At the time I was even a bit surprised that they would be that clever.

It was a move quite entirely propelled by America. But they got taken and now are facing the consequences of having oil jobs, one of the strongest bubbles in recent history, go to shit. Not helping Canada much, either.
>>
>>74869282
Propaganda videos
>>
>>74869282
See >>74867920
It's a ruse. A con.
http://reason.com/archives/2013/07/05/the-top-5-lies-about-fracking
http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2011/03/07/dont-be-swayed-by-faucets-on-fire-and-other-anti-fracking-propaganda/#33f7306725e0
>>
>>74869282
video related explains it pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCNDuCUB30
>>
>>74869194
bropaganda
Tapwater contamination isn't really that big a deal anyway, since bottled water is so easy to come by.

If something gets in the water, we'll get a million different warning bells and notices and fliers telling us not to drink it until the contaminant is removed.

That's if it even gets far enough down the pipeline to hit the public water supply, and doesn't just get caught upstream and shut off.

Unless they permanently ruin an aquifer which would take some serious fucking work, it's not much of a concern.
>>
>>74867156
> CHEMICALS!!!
no you faggot. it's mostly bentonite clay and water.

> it makes an economic bubble!!
no.
it is technology to increase oil extraction from marginal oil sources

> it's a ponzi scheme
shit.
you dont even know what these words mean!

a Ponzi Scheme is financial fraud
social security is a Ponzi Scheme.
Amway is a Ponzi Scheme
any business model that emphasizes "Building your Downline" over actually selling a product is a Ponzi Scheme

fracking is all about INCREASED OIL PRODUCTION, not tricking idiots into selling shitty soap to their family and friends.
>>
>>74865615
We should federally ban it.
>>
>>74868396
Boomers went anti-nuke because of Cold War propaganda. The same propaganda that still restricts reprocessing fuel and unlocking nearly limitless cheap energy. They were taught to hate nuclear power for a far different reason than the modern leftist.

It doesn't help that 100% of the money that went towards nuclear research was for weapon development. We chose the reactor types we decided to standardize explicitly to cook out weapon-grade materials.
>>
Take my 6 figure oilman salary and buy some bottled water.
>>
>>74869658
>no you faggot. it's mostly bentonite clay and water.
And what's the rest? Why won't the EPA say?

And it's very much a ponzi scheme. The only reason why they're expanding in spite of this is to cover the interest on the loans they had to take out to start the process. Textbook ponzi scheme.
>>
>>74869037

...so stop them? Why do we need a forcd monopoly like the gubmint to do that?

Too much of a bitch to pick a gun up?
>>
Don't they have laws in USA and Britain saying they can frack under your land without your permission? Sounds not very nice.
>>
>>74869929
Yes, I think companies should be subject to sensible regulation to protect the interests of the public. I am sure current regulations on fracking in the US are fine, and there's no reason to listen to dumb environmentalists who couldn't pass their biology courses.

>Why do we need a forcd monopoly like the gubmint
Are you some kind of delusional anarchist? Grow up.
>>
>>74869194
>whatsup with the tap water meme?

Pennsylvania is a state heavy in coal. Coal is fossilized plant matter. Decaying plant matter releases a lot of methane. As such, where you find coal you find methane, and lots of it.

It's where the whole "miner with a canary" came to be. Working the mines if you walked into a pocket of trapped methane you'd pass out and die, or a lantern would detonate the whole place.

Since coal is so shallow it's practically on the surface these natural formations would often penetrate the groundwater tables, causing methane gas to leech into water supplies.

There has been recorded instances of being able to "set well water on fire" as early as the 1800s. But, someone recorded a jet of flame shooting out of a bathroom tap on Jewtube, so the kike decided to blame it on a fractured gas well despite the water being full of methane long before any drilling was done in the area.

The Jew formed a religion around it that continues to lie and beg for shekel to this day. They even made an entire Kikeumentary around the Cult of the Flame, lying every goddamn word of it. Liberals ate it up.

If a Jew is speaking he's lying.
>>
So there are exactily two opinions here:
1. Fracking is not dangerous
2. Fracking may be a risky thing because of water pollution

I'm still unsure of what I should believe, since both sides have valid points.
>>
File: Real fracking to scale.jpg (617 KB, 800x3500) Image search: [Google]
Real fracking to scale.jpg
617 KB, 800x3500
>>74866756
>>74866775
>>74866850
>>74865615
>>
>>74870074
We even have laws that says the BLM can shoot you and take your land and give it away to a foreign government if that's what they think is best.
>>
>>74867971
this
>>
Colorado needs to start cracking asap. There's so much that can be found in our shale, and we can stop relying on foreign oil so damn much.
>>
>>74870273
The only risk is surface spills and exploding wells, the same exact risks with all forms of drilling for fossil fuels.
>>
>>74869114
That's literally not even close to how fracing works. There are dangerous as fuck chemicals on a frac site, and clay isn't used like that.
>>
>>74866066
And what about subsidence caused by fracking? and the fact that most fracking operations are temporary (3-4 months of use before moving to the next site).

To me it is a no-brainer. Fracking fucks our shit up. It's not a sustainable practice in any way shape or form. It can causes geologic issues (subsidence earthquakes) and while the groundwater may not be a huge concern with it, it still happens.
>>
>>74865615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8731W5r6Jg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8gAQhCq7c
dont go swimming in any lake or pond and dont use well water and your ok... for a while eventually your reservoir may get contaminated
>>
>>74870475
I read that as BlackLivesMatter. The sentence still works.
>>
>>74870578
And Warren Buffet profits handsomely because he bought up the railroads in part to get a lot spare tanker cars and places to let them sit in order that the fracking wastewater spends enough time sitting above ground to meet the regulations for being allowed to be dumped back into the ground again.

What a nice old man he is.
>>
>>74867860
Thorium based nuclear, Anon. Look into that.
>>
>>74865615
not with current oil prices

>build fracking infrastructure
>go out of business because saudis are almost giving oil away
>>
>>74870349
wait so are we stealing gas from the asians? Pumping fracking fluid down to them?
>>
>>74867812
>I edited pictures put out by radical leftists. Blame whoever made the originals for misrepresenting aquifers as perfect bands of water.

Well then... not your fault.

>Aquifers vary from starting a few feet below the surface to ending a few hundred feet below the surface.

Underground aquifers don't end a few hundred feet below surface. Nearly 100% of the land mass either has water all the way down to the lava (20-30% by weight of lava is water which is what makes it so violent when it comes out) or all the way down until salt water.

Drill straight into bedrock 6000-10000 feet below the surface and you will have water most of the way. You have to keep pumping out water or reinforce the sides of the borehole so that water don't seep in.

I have a master degree in this and I have never heard of a situation where the aquifier stops. There is little water in a lot of bedrock, but it's there. Either trapped in cracks (after the lava cools down underground) or in cracks that have some connection to the surface. It is normal to drill wells in bedrock, often very deep wells due to the slow regeneration of water.
>>
>>74868785
Thanks, that explained a lot.
>>74868873
Ok so that's nothing new. The left is has always been against progress.

So what you guys are saying is that
Fracking = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
How does one get involved with it?
>>
>>74870349
Here's your (you)
>>
>>74866756
The problem comes when that pipe is not cemented in place properly and the gas escapes up the gap between the earth and the pipe.

As you can see from your illustration, that would be bad.

Poor regulation leads to bad cement jobs more often than you think.
>>
You can set the water on fire coming out of your sink, it happened really close to where I live.
>>
>>74869282
> people can light their water on fire!!!
Burning Springs New York is called Burning Springs because you have ALWAYS been able to like the water on fire.

methane seeps into the groundwater and has been doing so since the white man first came to the new world

down by santa barbara calif, the looney left blames Tar Balls washing up on the beach on offshore oil rigs, yet the spanish explorers noted the native tribes harvesting tar from massive tar deposits on the beaches to seal their baskets and canoes.

offshore oil deposits squeeze oil up to the surface CONSTANTLY, and have always done so, the offshore oil rigs REDUCE this contamination by sucking the oil out before it can escape into the environment.

Problem Lefties?
>>
>>74869639
yea I dont know, I only drink purified bottled water anyway, buy it in gallons

although this paycheck I am changing my method of getting water because the plastic has estrogen, and I'm trying to maximize test.
>>
>>74870780
that's perfect though. It takes away the saudi's power.
>>
>>74869381
> people want things and will trade money for those things
> private industries make the things people want
> private industry trades those things for money
> it's a conspiracy!!!!

again, your absolute illiteracy is shocking.
>>
>>74865615
Hydraulic fracturing brings us closer to energy independence. Just look at the US and the boom they've had over the past 20 years
>>
>>74871717
Any time people act in concert it's a conspiracy. That's literally a made up word by the CIA to fight back against people who thought maybe it wasn't just a lone wolf and a magic bullet that killed JFK.

Pick up a book some day. Maybe something like, "The Secret Team" by L. Fletcher Prouty who worked for the CIA, explains within the first page how the economic "conspiracy" works, and even had some things to say in his lifetime about how much oil there is available for us to use in the planet. If I remember correctly, he referred to it as the second most abundant liquid.

I'm all for oil, but I'm not all for being stupid about it.
>>
>>74871845
>past 20 years
The fracking boom actually started in like 2008. Since the 70s, we produced less and less energy until the fracking boom. It's actually quite impressive; the Saudis are the only thing holding us back.
>>
File: IXTOC_I_oil_well_blowout.jpg (402 KB, 1495x999) Image search: [Google]
IXTOC_I_oil_well_blowout.jpg
402 KB, 1495x999
>>74871509
It doesn't matter! All life in the Gulf of Mexico is dead! Oil is so toxic nothing with ever live there again! Nature in no way has ways to deal with crude oil, because crude oil is manmade and not organic in any way!

BP secretly brought in helicopters to cover hundreds and hundreds of miles of beaches with fresh sand overnight! Oil kills absolutely everything! BP killed absolutely everyth--

>1979-1980
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixtoc_I_oil_spill

ALL OF THE DEAD FISH ARE A CONSPIRACY! NOTHING WAS ALIVE! THEY PLANTED THOSE BIRDS! NOTHING LIVES!
>>
>>74871845
We've been fracturing gas wells since the 1960s. It only ever became an issue when the Jew ordered their liberal golems to attack.
>>
>>74872040
>It's actually quite impressive; the Saudis are the only thing holding us back.

they aren't though

we are literally allowing OPEC to adjust production rates so their economies don't collapse
>>
>>74870564
> Michael Moore told you some shit
> must be true
> anyone else is wrong!!!

then why dont you explain it for us?
Gas Fracking
http://www.chemistryviews.org/details/education/1316813/what_is_shale_gas_how_does_fracking_work.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY34PQUiwOQ

Oil Fracking generally uses bentonite clay to displace the oil

you are simply ignorant.
>>
>>74872328
Working out pretty good for Venezuela.
>>
>>74872510
Saudis have huge deficits too.
>>
>>74869894
> And what's the rest?
proprietary mixes of lubricant to keep the machinery working and stabilizers to keep the shit liquid at VERY high pressures

> Why won't the EPA say?
because you dont need to know.
Other Things You Dont Need To Know
the recipe for coca cola
the eleven herbs and spices in KFC's chicken
the home address of salman rushdie
the new names and identities of mafia informants
the names and descriptions of undercover cops
whats really going on at the Groom Lake Facility (area 51)

grow up, stop winding yourself up into a frenzy of manufactured outrage over every perceived slight and mind your own business.
>>
>>74872716
Fuck the Sauds to be honest. As far as I can tell, we've entered a war of attrition and it's not one they can pull out of very easily due to the nature of their oil production.
>>
>>74873088
Yeah, I don't know why we give a shit about them anymore. We don't need them, and they literally sponsored 9/11; come on.
>>
>>74870074
> Don't they have laws in USA and Britain saying they can frack under your land without your permission?
Britain:
Yes.
oil and all other natural resources belong to the crown, and your "ownership" of any parcel of land is at the sufferance of Her majesty

US:
NOPE
if you own the land you own everything in it
if an oil co. wants to drill (or frack) under your patch, they have to ASK PERMISSION and pay whatever you demand for the privilege

oil leases are voluntary, if you say NOPE, they cant do shit.
>>
>>74865615
>What is your oppinion on fracking?
Its insane, just keep burning the coal, its not even that bad and basically harmless in comparison.
>>
>>74873937
> swede advocating Coal Burning

i actually didnt see that coming.
>>
>>74873292
>if an oil co. wants to drill (or frack) under your patch, they have to ASK PERMISSION and pay whatever you demand for the privilege

Who has the burden of proof here, if they drill underneath my neighbors land and steal my oil are they responsible?

Wars have been started over this.
>>
File: bagger 288.jpg (100 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
bagger 288.jpg
100 KB, 700x465
>>74874240
7/10 bantz burgerfriend.

Fresh water is in short supply and it takes a lot of energy to make salt water drinkable.
>b-b-but they frack below the water table
Yeah, and then they pump that shit up to ground level an its sips down into the water supply when the rain comes. Coal might be dirt but its risk free compared to fracking. One could even argue that its better then nuclear because at least it doesn't go chernobyl or fukoshima on your ass.

TL;DR
build more baggers
>>
>>74865914
western Germany has no petroleum reserves. and it's only a problem what numdigger drillers accidently Crack into the water table. poor research = poor results.

I'm pretty certain Germans are known for their work ethic.
>>
>>74875044
>One could even argue that its better then nuclear because at least it doesn't go chernobyl or fukoshima on your ass.

Even with disasters like Chernobyl and Fukushima accounted for, Nuclear energy has killed the fewest people per kilowatt produced out of all other energy sources. Coal on the other hand, has killed the most.
>>
>>74875044
>one could even argue that it's better tha nuclear

but that's wrong.
>>
>>74875317
>and it's only a problem what numdigger drillers accidently Crack into the water table.
Or when there is a eartquake in the future and the earth creates a crack that allows that shit to flow into the water table. Pumping a mix of non biodegradable chemical down into the earth is fucking retarded, there is no telling what might happen in the future and you are basically leaving a ticking time bomb for future generations that will be impossible to clean up if it goes of.
>>
>>74875685
>natural disaster causing the environment to change
>this was completely unheard of until humans showed up!
>>
>>74870638
The obvious jump cuts in the first video...
>>
>>74876023
I was going to ask if you are retarded but then i saw your flag so nvm.
>>
I work for one of the larger enegry-related companies in Germany.
Fracking is pretty much a crime against nature. You may be able to extract a little gas, but those chemicals won't go away anymore. Nobody can be sure which way they travel, so it's likely that they'll end up in the water source of the next town over. OP, are you by any means from NRW? I heard they're going to drill in Haltern soon.
>>
no problem.. they use undrinkable water
>>
>>74866850
But this still makes earthquakes, no? I don't want no earthquakes made by humans who are trying to get rich. Energy corporations have almost zero good will when it comes to taking care of the environment. They seem always to favor profit. Why should anyone trust such self-serving cretins?
>>
>>74868781
It's the fucking Aldmeri Domain holy shit.
>>
>>74865615
They should only frack at sea.
>>
Doing everything they can to keep things going that people have grown accustomed to for the century.
>>
>>74875685
>knowing where active faults are
>>
>>74880757
>knowing where faults will be 3000 years from now
Just fuck future generations, right?
You people are even worse then the boomers. Gas yourself please.
>>
>>74865615
Well it can't get any worse at this point can it? Might as well go out in an earthquake and have your taps shoot fire as experience what's about to happen.
>>
File: edison light.jpg (11 KB, 227x287) Image search: [Google]
edison light.jpg
11 KB, 227x287
>>74865615

I'd rather invest in wind farms and solar panels. It might offend some elite's who complain about a spoiled view but I'd rather have those renewable's as providers of energy rather than earthquakes from frakking just for a quick buck in the wallet.
>>
>>74876193
you're right, I come from a country where wide swaths of forest get destroyed by naturally occurring forest fires every year, and one of the worst ones is happening right now (right next to the world's largest natural oil spill).
>>
>>74881704
pay carbon denbts canada
>>
>>74881382
>solar panels
solar panels are a meme, they create more waste then the equivalent amount of oil to get that energy over its lifetime, they require rare metals which getting creates tons of waste along with them being inefficient as all hell nowadays
>>
>>74881382
>solar panels.
May as well just outright nuke London instead. About the same benefit for far less environmental damage.
>>
>>74880928
Fuck people 3000 years in the future if they haven't progressed far enough to fix that problem easily.
>>
>>74881704
>comparing naturally occurring forest fires to pumping millions of tons of toxic water into the earth
Fuck off retard
>>
>>74865615
Looks like someone better buy the damn filters.
>>
They got DIRT in our WATER that comes out of the GROUND!

HOW DARE THEY!
>>
>>74865615
causes small persistent earthquakes that damage all structures
>>
>>74865615
Against. It can poison the soil and the gas is right under our biggest wheat fields. I prefer nuclear power.
>>
>>74871329
And that's why I have to shoot squeeze under pressure because of dumb frac cowboys.
>>
>>74865615
I won't pretend to understand fracking but I'd like to reduce our dependency on other countries
>>
>>74865615
Depends on if you like eating fracking products in your food or not.
>>
>>74866775
what about flint, michigan?
>>
>>74885625
Wasn't that because of lead pipes, not because of fracking.
>>
>>74885915
oh i thought it was more complicated than that

cba to look it up so i'll believe you
>>
>>74885915
>>74886118
Yeah, basically government incompetence. The local government was so fucked up the governor appointed an emergency manager (where have we heard of this? remember when goldman sachs started appointing heads of state in the EU to be austerity dictators?) who fucked up.

So then the local government said, "we dindu nuffin"
And the emergency manager said, "shucks, beats me"
And the governor said "not my fault"

And then conveniently King Obama and the almighty federal government had to step in to save the day.
>>
>>74882192
If ground pollution is so horrible maybe we need to keep burning carbon by any means necessary or else we have to bury tones of toxic batteries under ground!
>>
>>74885625
That was because a retarded city council decided to change water sources and the new source corroded the pipes. Lead leached into the water from the pipes. It had zero to do with fracking or fossil fuels in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis
>>
>>74865615
Oklahoma has earthquakes now thanks to fracking.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.