[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian Federation economy on the mend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: russia.jpg (410 KB, 937x623) Image search: [Google]
russia.jpg
410 KB, 937x623
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-wp-blm-russia-econ-e98ebea6-1ce6-11e6-82c2-a7dcb313287d-20160522-story.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-says-economy-could-recover-soon-thanks-to-rising-oil-prices-1460477143

The rouble tanked the past 5 years, but it seems they are recovering. As the EU gets swamped with rapefugees, will Russia be the place to be in 2020?
>>
>>74764294
Literally all Russia has to do to survive for the next hundred years is not capitulate within the next 5 years
>>
>Perhaps the biggest hurdle is Russia's business climate. While frequently fodder for criticism, there's progress. Russia has surged by 61 spots in the World Bank's Ease of Doing Business Index since 2013 to 51st this year.
>>
>>74764294
Dead cat bounce. Russia will get recked by their demographics. They are bleeding people like crazy. I'm not even hating on them or anything, I wish best for fellow slavs but their country is in serious trouble. Their own agencies are predicting all this shit.
>>
>>74765161
>They are bleeding people like crazy
Source me on this senpai.
>>
>>74766687
> http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopulationdata/a/russiapop.htm

Russia's population peaked in the early 1990s (at the time of the end of the Soviet Union) with about 148 million people in the country. Today, Russia's population is approximately 143 million. The United States Census Bureau estimates that Russia's population will decline from the current 143 million to a mere 111 million by 2050, a loss of more than 30 million people and a decrease of more than 20%.

I can't find official data on that now but when this story was hot there was actual russian made demographic forecast on that. Putin was addressing this issue repeatably too.
>>
It does seem like all the best looking most intelligent talented and educated people all leave for Europe and the US.
>>
If Russia can get rid of its soul--killing, initiative-killing corruption, it'll be a powerhouse. I heard they've been trying to do so. But as a few Russian friends of mine who emigrated to the US said, unless you have connections it's pointless to start a business, because the government or a connected guy will just steal it from you. So people are not motivated very much there.
>>
>>74767289
>143 mil
Yes, but it was fluctuating around that number since around '95, Putin just started the initiative to increase this stagnated value higher through additional money for 2 and more children. It is about 146 right now, check kikepedia.
>>
>>74767289
>predictions
>accurate out to 40 years from now
>accurate at all
top lel pole
>>74767425
Richer countries attract people who want to make money plus muh false Hollywood movies and television paints a glamorous pic of life in the West
How long can they maintain that once the middle class is destroyed, which it is being by all objective measurements
How long can they maintain that once the riots begin again? 138 cities were burned to the ground in America in the 60s riots 1992 LA riots dozens were killed and millions in damage were done
>>
>>74767868
>Russia killing corruption
Honestly, it's something like Brazilians getting shit together or French stopping being arrogant fucks. Technically it's possible, but, damn, too hard to imagine.

>>74764921
Doing Business ignores the possibility of a business being raided or some adverse shock destroying it (like, mayor starts demolishing stuff just for the hell of it - it happened in Moscow some months ago). It is largely overstated. Also, it's calculated through Moscow and St Peterburg, and those cities are much better than most of the other ones.

>>74767425
Can confirm. Finishing one of the top universities in Moscow, and nearly all my peers are leaving to continue study somewhere else, most likely hoping to find a job there. Most of my schoolmates are also trying their best to leave because job market is shit and we're literally living waiting for all the country to explode one day.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.