[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't any mainstream politicians like Trump or Hillary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: o-AUTOMATION-facebook.jpg (944 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-AUTOMATION-facebook.jpg
944 KB, 2000x1000
Why don't any mainstream politicians like Trump or Hillary talk about automation, technological singularity, etc? Are there any careers safe from this shit?
>>
>>74759546
It's inevitable.
>>
For campaign purposes they have to stick to simple core messages aimed at getting the most votes.

But I think it would be entirely appropriate to start stirring up more of a national discourse about this sort of thing. The media is running with it already, and it very much plays into many relevant issues like education, economy, migration, jobs, etc.
>>
>>74759546
automation engineering, industrial automation and R&D positions are safe from obsolescence for the next 20 years. Must suck to be blue collar though, lul.
>>
>>74759546
Well trumps not talking about it because to attract idiots, you must talk like an idiot.
The vast majority of the american population are idiots.
Having been a TV personality trump knows this, as well as knowing idiots like wacky out there people. So for now hes babbling about walls so that people will vote from him.
Perhaps he'll say something about technological advancement when he gets into office?
>>
>>74760216
Blue collar isn't the only thing that's going to be affected. Even things like accounting, surgeons, even law jobs will be threatened
>>
>>74760702
I'm sitting pretty in R&D for the time being, but it sure is comfy knowing that I have blue collar skills to fall back on in case of social and economic disarray. A lot of people out there are either a bit helpless with their hands or are not reliable workers.
>>
>>74759546
>technological singularity
Hard take-off is a bit of a long shot. Soft take-off really isn't. With a soft take-off, we'll most likely merge with machines ourselves given that we'll have the time and the ability to allow new advancements to amplify research in other non-IT fields.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6m59qBbBU

This short vid explains a good portion of the op
>>
File: 1430802631220.jpg (303 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1430802631220.jpg
303 KB, 1000x1000
can we automate congress in the future? do we *really need human legislators?
>>
>>74761476
Yes, but if that day happens, then ai is going to basically enslave/genocide us.
>>
>>74761476
Is that a baguette being held in front of her?
>>
>>74762572
she is refueling in a very cute method
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.