[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on climate change /pol/ Is it manmade? Or is it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: algore.jpg (92 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
algore.jpg
92 KB, 960x540
Redpill me on climate change /pol/
Is it manmade? Or is it a bunch of baloney.
If not, how fucked are we?
>>
>>74533418
try this OP, put a plastic bag over your head, then tell me that too much CO2 isnt harmful to humans.
>>
The polar ice caps have grown in the past decade. Climate change is a myth
>>
>>74533418
Friend of mine works for CSIRO doing statistical modeling for agricultural sustainability. We're fucked, but because it's all just a big feedback loop, scientists can't predict how quickly it'll all accelerate. Could be 100 yeats. Could be 20.

But we are definitely fucked.
>>
>>74533532
It isn't the co2 that's killing you. It's the depleting oxygen.
>>
>>74533418

Academic here.

When people say, "red pill me on X", they really mean "post some contrarian information with some sources that are badly carried out experimentation and hasn't been published in a reputable science journal". So...sure. Climate change is a meme.

But if you wanted a real, academic answer, here's the run down:

We're not working to save the planet any more. We're working on how to mitigate the damages that will come forth. Particularly the logistical nightmare of supporting migrations in land while undergoing food and water shortages.

On second thought, maybe it's better to think climate change is a meme.
>>
>>74534520

That is beyond retarded.
>>
>>74535117
Still mad that you overplayed your hand, and held a giant convention, celebrating all the tax money you were going to demand from the entire world, in payment for absolutely nothing?
>>
If climate change is anthropogenic, what caused the temperature to rise during the middle ages? Was it Charlemagne's SUV?
>>
>>74533418
Climate change is real. It's been happening since the earth was formed and will continue happening for a long time. The great oxygenation event drove many species to extinction. However, no one is trying to punish cyanobacteria by imposing extra taxes and red tape.
>>
>>74535117
>save the planet
>implying the planet needs saving and won't survive no matter what we do.

also
>Academic here

wow ur so smart dood
>>
>>74535986
There was a huge volcanic eruption in the 1800's for the first time in 200 years or something you were able to skate on the River Thames again. It's funny how during the industrial revolution it was cool enough but in the 1600's and 1700's it was too warm to skate on it just like today.
>>
Climate change is real, we are at the mercy of nature and it changes all the time, affecting everything. Idk how big of an effect we have on it. But when folks on the left talk about it they seem so self-important that it grosses me out.
>>
>>74534457
>statistical modeling
>science
choose one.
>>
>>74536434
Modelling has two L's in it moron
>>
>>74536490
both are correct you spazz
>>
>>74533418
I'm still blown away by the amount of people who believe it.

Yes, pollution is harmful. Yes, we should conserve our environment.

No we still don't put out enough CO2 to significantly affect the atmosphere. CO2 is not even a good greenhouse gas, water vapour is.

There was a massive volcanic eruption that happened a year or two ago near England and kept enought planes out of the air for a while. The CO2 released by that volcano was around several equivalent years of global human pollution.

And there were no localized effects/intense weather patterns in the area.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 650x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 650x514
>>74536628
You're wrong though
>>
>>74535117
Nice script shill
>>
File: imgres.jpg (11 KB, 337x149) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
11 KB, 337x149
Hey OP I've done some research on this and have come up with some answers.
>Is climate change true
According to 90% of scientists, but there's no way to know if even the scientists are correct or telling the truth.
>Is the world getting wamer?
Yes according to charts the world is getting warmer, but these charts like the microsopic one in the image show the world cools and heats up drastically over periods of thousands of years in cycles.
>Also
In the 70's it was believed the world was going through global cooling. And Al Gore, perhaps the biggest and most famous believer in climate change, made millions of investments he made in alternative energy from talking about global warming.
>All in all
Who fuckin knows
>Does it really matter?
Nah world's gonna die someday anyway
>>
File: 213124.jpg (217 KB, 1237x847) Image search: [Google]
213124.jpg
217 KB, 1237x847
>>74536840
im not though modelling
>>
>>74534457
I dunno m8. "We're fucked and I can explain why" is just a classic drinking conversational piece that people whip out to sound like they know about shit.
>>
>>74533418
Humans have an effect on climate change.

However, it is not nearly as substantial as natural effects.
>>
>>74537375
Thanks you proved me right
>>
>>74533418
the planet naturally cools and warms by itself.

however

human actions have rapidly accelerated this phase of warming up
>>
File: 213124.jpg (243 KB, 1055x821) Image search: [Google]
213124.jpg
243 KB, 1055x821
>>74537547
>>
File: 213124.jpg (85 KB, 777x727) Image search: [Google]
213124.jpg
85 KB, 777x727
>>74537547
heres another
>>
>>74537654
They were common until the early 20th century why the change?
>>
>>74533418
It's certainly real, but like with all things pushed by the government also largely blown completely out of proportion to make a buck.
>>
File: bye_bye_san_fran.jpg (81 KB, 777x551) Image search: [Google]
bye_bye_san_fran.jpg
81 KB, 777x551
>>74533418
Post reasons for supporting climate change

http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/
>>
File: fuckumean.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
fuckumean.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>Blah blah blah climate change blah blah
>No one cares about heavy metals in food
>No one cares about Estrogen in the water
>No one cares about Black carbon and Ozone which endangers millions of Americans
>No one cares about the Shrinking water supply
>No one cares about the numerous chemicals infesting every corner of our diets, environments, and homes

Climate change is hoaxy bullshit used to distract the masses from the fact that their proximity to a major highway gave them brain damage.
>>
File: flaccid_island.jpg (111 KB, 780x551) Image search: [Google]
flaccid_island.jpg
111 KB, 780x551
>>74538057
>>
>>74537903
i honestly dont know, my guess is the stressing of the L
>>
>>74533418
>Is it manmade?
No, but it might be accelerated by us. Though the CO2 hype is laughable, methane and water vapor are a hundred times more efficient green house gases and no one gives a single shit about those.
Instead we are harassing our companies with stricter and stricter regulations till they just say "fuck it", move to some 3rd world shithole and let their fabrics run without any kind of filters or waste disposal at all.

Generally it is a good idea to start investing into renewable energies, since fossil fuels won't last forever (though I'm pretty sure we have longer than they predict because according to them we'll always run dry "within the next decade!" and it never happens) and partial independence from shitholes like Saudi Arabia would be nice.
>>
>>74537961
not really. the hardcore left blow it out of proportion that it's a threat to mankind's existence because they're as retarded as climate change deniers. It's a geopolitical threat. It's destabilizing countries in the middle east right now with extended droughts and countries might start bickering over arable land and fresh water reservoirs. It risks conflict, not global annihilation. It's also a threat to nature as the ocean continues to acidify and once all the microorganisms start dying in the ocean from that then it will be a chain reaction leading to a mass extinction in the ocean.
>>
We live in a period of unprecedented global climate stability in comparison with the rest of the history of the earth.

The climate change agenda is just another power grab scheme that's trying to scare people into surrendering their liberties.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 188x187) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 188x187
>>74537205
>According to 90% of scientists, but there's no way to know if even the scientists are correct or telling the truth.
that's the point.
1.) when they say scientists, they actually mean "climate scientists" don't they. isn't saying climate change exists in their very own interest?
"hey guys, climate change is absolutely not man-made and a bunch of bullocks. now give me more money for further research on this topic, please?" is something you won't here any "climate" scientist utter.

2.) 90%, 95%, 99% or however many agree argument:
there was a time when 90% of scientists agreed, that earth was flat, we only had 4 elements and it was worth funding research on how to turn lead into gold ....
>>
>>74538227
Yeah, what happened to peak oil and the collapse? A few years ago that was all you'd hear about all day and now it's just not an issue anymore.
>>
>>74533418
Imagine this:
>Year is 2020
>Trump has untacoed and unniggered USA
>Marine Le Pen, Frauke Petry and Farage is ruling in each corner of Europe
>Fleets are patrolling the mediterranean
>Global warming is fucking the 3rd world up massively. Drougth, floodings etc. is everyday life
>When all the subhumans have been eradicated Majestic Europeans, americans and stralians colonize the world.
>>
>>74538469
Also beautiful walls
>>
>>74537205
>According to 90% of scientists
As someone actually working in science, I can tell you that this number comes mostly from the introductory part of the paper where you state your motivation.
Everyone of them tells some shit about climate change and yadda yadda to justify why they are doing it, because guess what, if they said it is all nonsense and doesn't happen why should anyone continue to finance their studies?
The introductory part is also very often not really related to the research at all. My papers almost all talk about electrochemical coating yet I have never done anything that is more than just vaguely related to that topic. It's just that it is a topic of general interest so you can easily use it as justification.
>>
It isn't a huge problem, consider it, try not to be wasteful or pollute the planet anymore than necessary, but invest the majority of your time worrying about something that actually matters, like Muslims taking over Europa.
>>
>>74538422
Peak oil was always pushed by oil companies to inflate oil prices. It stopped working when fracking started and companies literally ran out of storage space and couldn't get rid of it fast enough
>>
File: Figure31-350x270.png (30 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
Figure31-350x270.png
30 KB, 350x270
>>74534210
No they haven't, fucktard. Take any month and measure the average and it will prove you wrong.
>>
>>74538766
Pretty much this. Generally giving a shit about your environment is a good idea because no one wants to live in China 2.0

But there's a point at which you should really ask yourself if it is worth it to keep investing your time into this one single topic (carbon dioxide in this case) for a negligible improvement if you have far more pressing issues. What we are doing right now is polishing a single tile in the bathroom while the rest is still covered in feces.
>>
>>74538838
Stupid faggot shut the fuck up my fist is gonna grow three feet into your asshole
>>
>>74538361
>>74538571
basically in the world of science opinions or how many "scientists" agree with you is worth crap.
proof is the only thing that matters ...
but i bet 90% of feminist scientists would agree that proof is an invention of the patriarcy.

also saw afd petry discuss climate change with some school kids video:
seems like co2 is less solvable in water, the warmer it gets.
so the theory is
>earth gets warmer.
>co2 solved in ocean water gets released.
>you notice an increased co2 in atmosphere
sounds reasonable enough to a "non-scientist" like me
>>
I did renewable energy research for the DOE in grad school and collaborated with scientists from national labs. It was disgusting how the senior scientists from the national lab would talk about their funding getting cut if they solved the problem.

I work in oil and gas now, senpai.
>>
>polar bears were supposed to be extinct by now
>the Arctic ice cap was supposed to be gone by now
>global warming started making everything colder, so they renamed it to climate change and pretended it was supposed to happen
>the 97% number was created by an intellectually dishonest study that was meant to provide a a pro-AGW talking point
>>
>>74538838
>Ice caps are melting

where are the biblical floods that we were promised?
>>
>>74539002
Yeah, the solubility of CO2 in water decreases when it gets warmed up.

There were also some fuck ups with ice nucleus measurements IIRC where they supposedly shifted the temperature change by a few years, indicating that it was temperature following CO2 rather than the other way around, but this has been denied and confirmed so many times by now that I don't know which one is the truth anymore.
>>
File: 1411023151972.jpg (31 KB, 327x260) Image search: [Google]
1411023151972.jpg
31 KB, 327x260
Naive question time:
No matter if climate change is real, man-made or not ... what would the ACTUAL consequences of global temperatures rising a few degree really be?
>>
>>74539591
Canada will become a super power
>>
>>74539591
The biggest consequence of importance is bees.

We really need bees.
>>
>>74539265
>AFL!
>>
>>74539591
Potential consequences are floods, droughts, crop failure and so on.

So, shit that would annoy the West but isn't really a existential threat to us since we can deal with it in some way, but the shitholes of this world might have a slight problem.
>>
>>74539652
fuck bees

BUT >>74539645
is a future we need to avoid at all cost
>>
It is simply ludicrous to think that human activity (at it's present tempo) is responsible for climate change.
1. The climate changes quite dramatically on it's own, even before us.
2. The science behind it is highly suspect, because it is viewed like a religion and questioning it is forbidden. Also the money involved eliminates any objectivity.
3. co2 exists separately of o2 in the atmosphere, so the air can be densely saturated with co2 and not affect animal life.
4. Heat and co2 are what plants crave, so global warning would enhance harvests and help feed the starving masses
5. The instruments used to measure temperature in the past were not accurate enough to register the changes that are being claimed. The proposed narrative is based on cherrypicked measurements and is not a true average.
>>
>>74539591
North Africa would become far more moist and the Sahara would start growing plant life
northern Canada and Siberia would be viable for human life
low land areas might get flooded
>>
>>74535209
How?
>>
File: african_bulge.png (41 KB, 580x562) Image search: [Google]
african_bulge.png
41 KB, 580x562
>>74539591
>>74539738

Oy vey, you racists, we need to stop climate change to save all the future Africans.
>>
>>74539753
What's wrong with a world where every Canadian can live it up like rich Saudis? Imagine a million Canadians holidays in Germany
>>
>>74539753
>fuck bees

no

pollination is very very important
>>
>>74539652
Bees die due to pesticide overuse, not climate change
>>
>>74539778
>3. co2 exists separately of o2 in the atmosphere, so the air can be densely saturated with co2 and not affect animal life.

That's not true. Your lungs work with certain equilibrium conditions, if you drastically increase the CO2 concentration in the air you will have problems expelling the CO2 from your body, which also means your erythrocytes can't take up any new oxygen since they are still occupied.

It's why divers can't just pump the air they breathe out into the bottle again to use the left over oxygen later, they need an additional CO2 filter in between.
>>
Manbearpig is an allegory for climate change right?
>>
>>74539738
>Potential consequences are floods, droughts, crop failure and so on.
maybe droughts in summer ... but wouldn't that be cancled out a bit by winter becoming a bit warmer and crops growing a bit better/longer then?
like >>74539778 said:
>4. Heat and co2 are what plants crave, so global warning would enhance harvests and help feed the starving masses

>>74539791
doesn't sound so bad. also you can always move out of lowland (unless you are tied down by mortages of course ... but thats a different topic)

>>74539968
>Imagine a million Canadians holidays in Germany
>a million
no ... this has to stop
>>
I don't understand how climate change is considered a scientific fact.

I mean, how can they test and observe that humans are causing the weather to change, in a way that it would not have otherwise? Isn't that what science means?
>>
>>74533418
90% natural, 10% manmade. It doesn't really matter though, society and civilization will collapse within the next hundred years, all the shitkins will die, and Earth will heal itself, with time.
>>
>>74540155
Your women are gonna get LEAFED
Every bar you go to will have molson Canadian, labatts blue and Canada Dry ginger ale and of course a nice poutine. Prepare for it Germany
>>
>>74533418
Climate change is real. The climate changed before man and the climate will change after man. Al gore cannot stop the climate from changing no matter how much money you give him. The real question is, do you want to pay more on energy now because of how the climate may or may not be 100 years from now? Why not just repent and have faith that Jesus will come back and save us all?
>>
>>74533418
>>74534457
It's real and we're fucked.

And the scary thing is, climate doesn't have to change much. Just enough to fuck with our food supply. The rest of the carnage will be inflicted to each other.
>>
>>74540179
>I don't understand how climate change is considered a scientific fact.
it gives politicians an excuse to control people so they force through anything that supports it and denounce anyone that speaks out against it
>>
File: al-gore-mansion.jpg (367 KB, 900x607) Image search: [Google]
al-gore-mansion.jpg
367 KB, 900x607
Man made climate change is just another way for insiders to screw you. Pure money making scheme.
No one with a basic high-school science education believes it.
>>
Obviously the fucking climate changes. You think the climate was always like this?
>>
>>74539778
>1
Yes, but we are currently in an interglacial maximum. This is a period of gentle warming followed by slow encroachement of glaciers and another ice age.
>2.
It's suspicious how these climate models have all suddenly "converged" on a single result when in the 1990s it was 50/50 whether recent warming was even measureable, i'll grant you that.
>3
Not quite. CO2 levels around the time of the dinosaurs would kill most modern mammals. We can survive up to about 0.5% CO2.
>4
Increased CO2 content in the oceans would decimate current fish stocks as corals would be unable to grow. Heat and CO2 are secondary to availability of water for crop growth - increased heating means increased desert bands near the equator.
>5
>what is an ice core
We can reliably tell what the extent of polar ice was up to about 30k years ago due to carbon dating and entrapped gas measurements. Global temperature, not so much.

The thing I most hate about the global warming meme is the immediate push to regulate all energy expenditure with "carbon tax". Implemented globally, this just hobbles developed economies while shit-tier farmers in central America and India strip landscape bare and cause even worse floods due to the lack of trees and clearing of rainforest for arable pasture.

>50cm sea level rise in 50 years
Wow, it's fucking nothing
>Arctic ice disappearing
Wow, it's fucking nothing
>Middle east becoming uninhabitable
Good.
>>
>>74540263

this. it's a shame we can't do anything to prevent it.
>>
>>74535925
Regional weather=/=global climate
>>74535986
>I don't know how to distinguish climate differences from millions of years ago (over millions of years) to now (the recession of a 800 000 year low temp to high temp peak followed by unprecedented warming directly correlated with GHG's)
>>74536061
The planet will survive a nuclear holocaust you moron, but we won't and that's what matters
>>74536273
Stop politicizing this, faggots on the far left are just as bad as faggots on the right, they will embellish, and refuse to listen to the other side out of fear of destroying their narrative
>>74536810
Post citations fucker
>>
>>74540331
>Middle east becoming uninhabitable
>Good.
Yeah, the Muslim relocation program is going well in your country, I hear.
>>
Temperature is rising at insignificant rates (less than 1 degree over 30+ years), storms and things like that seem more common because of globalization and the internet so things are broad-casted everywhere. The climate is slightly changing but being blown out of proportion
>>
Actually you should become ecologist. Because if the question is internationnal, the best answer is local.
It means producing all we can in near areas, eating what the four seasons give you and fucking stop to move all around the glob (such as immigrants). It will lead to a more traditional way of life, and stopping the shitskins to come.
>>
>>74537205
I like how it's convenient for you to accept scientific consensus on most things like biology, physics, math, but when it comes to climate science all of a sudden it turns into some interpretable grey area for you? Fuck off cletus, what the fuck do you know
>>74537205
One paper talked about global cooling and the media blew it out of proportion cause of sensationalist reporting, shocking. And the world has gone through temultuous fluctuations of tempurature, but the steady rise and fall of temps over the last 800000 years is cause for concern when we're supposed to be receding into an ice age and are increasing to co2 levels unseen in 80000 years, play devils advocate for once in your pathetic life and do some research you stupid cunt
>>
>>74540804
>I like how it's convenient for you to accept scientific consensus on most things like biology, physics, math, but when it comes to climate science all of a sudden it turns into some interpretable grey area for you?
there is no consensus. The supposed consensus is the product of IRL Aussie shitposting. They had an analysis of all papers about global warming, then only looked at the ones that had a view of the cause, which is only 34% of all the papers they looked at
>>
>>74535209
He's right though. Co2 isn't deadly to humans, it's the depleting oxygen that's a danger.
>>
>>74540179
>I mean, how can they test and observe that humans are causing the weather to change, in a way that it would not have otherwise? Isn't that what science means?
It's called field research and gathering historical physical evidence.
>>
File: 1463475517139.jpg (234 KB, 960x864) Image search: [Google]
1463475517139.jpg
234 KB, 960x864
>>74533418
balony
>>
The real issue of climate change is in politicians and celebrities abdicating their epistemic responsibility to galvanize voters and revive moribund careers (fuck you, Bill Nye)
>>
>>74541099
There's a consensus on the consensus, a paper outlines 7 different papers saying the majority of climatologists say AGW is real
>>
>>74533418
ManBearPig = Man-Made Climate Change

Al Gore knows it's not real and has been trolling the world for years. He also wants to make billions down the road on carbon tax credit scheme he, Soros, and Stayer want to enact.
>>
>>74541144
>it's the depleting oxygen that's a danger
You're making us all look bad, champ.
>>
>>74533532
dumbest comment I've seen on here in some time
>>
File: co2-and-temperatures.png (173 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
co2-and-temperatures.png
173 KB, 600x415
>>74541215
>>
>>74538129
Yes they do care, flint michigan, the ozone layer (which is slowly getting better thanks to banning cfc's), there's multiple issues and we're working on all of them,l. Just because you can't focus on more than one doesn't mean the global collective isn't working to fix them
>>74538227
People are concerned about other GHG's, methane is a serious problem due to fracking and agriculture
>>74538295
>muh unquantifiable conzpiracy
>>74539265
>Doctor tells you you'll die of butt cancer in 6 weeks
>You're alive after 6 weeks but your hair is falling out and your muscles have deteriorated to the point of an auschwitz atendee
>THE PREDICTIONS DIDN'T COME TRUE Moron
>>
File: australia-adjusted-data.png (95 KB, 663x435) Image search: [Google]
australia-adjusted-data.png
95 KB, 663x435
>>74541403
A literature review that appeared in a 2008 issue of Environment & Energy reported that 31 (6%) of 591 scientific papers sampled on “global climate change” between 1993 and 2003 explicitly or implicitly rejected the idea of consensus that more than half of warming over the past 50 years was likely to was likely to have been anthropogenic. Fewer than half endorsed consensus, and only 7 did so so explicitly. This study conducted by Dr. Klaus-Martin Schulte contradicted a heavily publicized review published by Dr. Naomi Oreskes using the same Web of Science database which had reported that 75% of the papers in her sample endorsed the consensus.
>>
If climate change is our doing - scientists and pop-scientists are doing an absolutely awful job of convincing the public.

scientists do not have to reach a consensus - its either true or it isnt. "95% of scientists believe" is not fucking science. I can definitely see why people are sceptical of man made climate change.

It definitely feels like a cult more than it feels like science atm.
>>
>>74541720
>methane is a serious problem due to fracking and agriculture
Fracing isn't a significant source. Cow farts are the the significant source. If you have a problem with that, tell us who you'll kill to reduce it.
>>
File: 160412211610_1_540x360.jpg (16 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
160412211610_1_540x360.jpg
16 KB, 540x303
>>74541752
"What's important is that this is not just one study -- it's the consensus of multiple studies," Green says. This consistency across studies contrasts with the language used by climate change doubters. This perspective stems from, as the authors write, "conflating the opinions of non-experts with experts and assuming that lack of affirmation equals dissent."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160412211610.htm
>>
File: Settle that science.jpg (64 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
Settle that science.jpg
64 KB, 800x572
>>74533418
If you buy into the Man Made Global Climate crap, you are literally a mongoloid and should be gassed for the sake of the species.
>>
>>74541815
>>74541815
why would the fact that the vast majority of experts agree on a topic not be a good argument for non-experts like ourselves to accept it.
That's the reasoning most people have on every other topic in science
>>
File: 1463209647894.jpg (228 KB, 1022x862) Image search: [Google]
1463209647894.jpg
228 KB, 1022x862
>>74535117
>When people say, "red pill me on X", they really mean "post some contrarian information with some sources that are badly carried out experimentation and hasn't been published in a reputable science journal". So...sure. Climate change is a meme.
>>
this presentation is 7 years old and it still holds up well.
http://rps3.com/Files/AGW/EngrCritique.AGW-Science.v4.3.pdf
>>
>doubting climate change and peak oil

pol proves again that its filled with absolute retards, rofl :)
>>
File: image.png (235 KB, 560x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
235 KB, 560x1000
>>74533418
Obviously fake, check out this data which proves its all just a liberal agenda

I don't even know how people can buy into it.
>>
File: 1348692975157.jpg (1 MB, 1126x1200) Image search: [Google]
1348692975157.jpg
1 MB, 1126x1200
>>74535117
>Academic here
>food and water shortages
Earth is mostly water, Asians and Whites will never have a shortage.
The only ones affected would be lazy niggers in Apefrica. Just to drive this point home, I'm including a photo of a nigger fucking a cow while his homie tries to get said cow to suck his BBC
>>
>>74542246
Sell that old time religion, faggot.

Only Al Gore and the U.N. can save your world.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>74533418
Manbearpig Deniers need to be arrested and rounded up and put away forever
>>
>>74541948
You fucking retards honestly think that some smart jew roaches scurried out of the craigs out of nowhere and started conjuring up some elaborate conspiracy over 150 years to take 0.5% of your earnings via taxes? Occam's razor
>>
>>74533418

Do you like macadamian nuts anon?

Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation is the world's largest producer of macadamia seeds. Their headquarters are near the volcano Mauna Loa on the island of Hawaii aka the Big Island.

The Mauna Loa Observatory is an atmospheric baseline station on Mauna Loa. Since 1965, the Mauna Loa Observatory has been monitoring atsmopheric CO2. Mauna Loa is the world's oldest continuous CO2 monitoring station, and the Earth's primary benchmark for measuring CO2.

The Keeling Curve is a graph that plots CO2 concentration in Earth's atmosphere since 1958, based on measurements taken at the Mauna Loa Observatory. Charles David Keeling took CO2 readings a the South Pole and Hawaii from 1958 on. By 1960, Keeling and his group determined that measurement in Hawaii were enough to see yearly increases that roughly matched the amount of fossil fuels burned per year.

In 1958, atmospheric CO2 concentrations were about 315 ppmv, parts per million by volume.

In 2014, atmospheric CO2 concentrations were about 401 ppmv, parts per million by volume, due to the combustion of fossil fuel3.

Looking at ancient air bubbles traped in polar ice cores show that the mean atmospheric CO2 concentration has been between 275 and 285 ppmv from 9,000 BCE on, but started rising sharply at the beginning of the 19th century. CO2 passed 400 ppm in 2013, and has not been at that level for 2 to 4 million years.

The documentary Chasing Ice (2012) uses timelapse photography to shows firsthand what climate change and rising sea levels looks like.
>>
>>74540735

This. If you think immigrants are bad now, wait until there are millions of climate refugees trying to escape islands, coastal areas, and areas affected by drought, etc.

Then again, if you believe any Arab has the right to get on a plane and burn fossil fuels and relocate to your non-shitty country, keep being a useful idiot for fossil fuel companies (who I bet don't even pay you retards to shill for them).
>>
>>74543671
>Chasing Ice (2012)
>2012

>Muh CO2
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/10/07/scientist-carbon-dioxide-doesnt-cause-global-warming

I used to believe the hoax too friend
>>
>>74543671
A few decades isn't enough data for events that happen over thoudands of years.
>>
It's man made you dumb cunt.
>>
>>74541697

How about run a hose from the exhaust pipe of your automobile into the cab of your automobile.

Or just sit in a running car parked in your garage.
>>
>>74544293
Ive always been interested in the C02 thing. Makes sense to me that plants would thrive on higher levels of C02, but apparently theres an effect where the ocean ends up trapping the C02 and we all get dicked either way. still undecided
>>
>>74541815

Scientists speak in probabilities.

Is it the public's fault that the public is so bad at science?
>>
>>74535282

What do you even mean here? Leaf is correct. You're celebrating our inaction as victory?
>>
>>74542246

/pol/ loves Trump and Trump thinks climate change is bullshit.

Know who also thinks climate change is bullshit and supports Trump?

Retarded evangelical Christian rednecks in the South who think the Earth is no more 6,000 years old and think God promised Israel to the Jews.
>>
>>74535925

Nobody has ever claimed that human activity is the only thing that can affect climate.
>>
>>74541815
That argument hold for the vast majority of scientific theories. They are almost all substantial rationalizations of reality.
If we held your standard of what is scientific the world would be complete chaos.
>>
>>74533418
It's a thing that has always happened, humans affecting the climate more than our local gigantic nuclear furnace is absolute fear mongering bullshit.
>>
>>74544293

CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

http://phys.org/news/2016-04-co2-fertilization-greening-earth.html
>An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries has just published a study titled "Greening of the Earth and its Drivers" in the journal Nature Climate Change showing significant greening of a quarter to one-half of the Earth's vegetated lands using data from the NASA-MODIS and NOAA-AVHRR satellite sensors of the past 33 years.

>"We were able to tie the greening largely to the fertilizing effect of rising atmospheric CO2 concentration by tasking several computer models to mimic plant growth observed in the satellite data," says co-author Prof. Ranga Myneni of the Department of Earth and Environment at Boston University, USA. Burning oil, gas, coal and wood for energy releases CO2 in to the air. The amount of CO2 in the air has been increasing since the industrial age and currently stands at a level not seen in at least half-a-million years. It is the chief culprit of climate change.

Climate Change: 10 Billion Tons Of Carbon Is Now Being Released Every Year, The Fastest In 66 Million Years
http://www.ibtimes.com/climate-change-10-billion-tons-carbon-are-now-being-released-every-year-fastest-66-2340770

One of the biggest predictors of whether or not someone believes in climate change is asking someone:
"Do you think the Earth existed 66 million years ago?"

There is no hoax.

The people who doubt climate change are by-and-large stupid rednecks who want to ride ATVs to their wedding and/or Trump rally.
>>
>>74544729
The people who take the Bible as 100% literal truth are a very small minority and at least they are relatively harmless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhteQmVk-AQ
>>
>>74545071
>10 billion tons of carbon per year

And how much do plants process?
>>
>>74544945
Of course we do not affect our environment as much as the sun but the current global warming is not in line with what most models suggest should be happening. Something that set in right alongside industrialization. Hardly a coincidence.
>>
>>74545182
Non of what is introduced buy fossil fuels.
Plants live in equilibrium.
>>
>>74545182

Not enough, hence increase in atmospheric concentration.
>>
>>74544348

That's why they've also taken ice cores and looked at air bubbles trapped in them to analyze ancient air.

In the past 800,000 years, the CO2 concentration never exceeded 280 ppmv.

Do you know much carbon humans have released from the burning of fossil fuels (which were originaly made by solar energy millions and millions of years ago)? I don't. But the the Carboniferous Period lasted from about 359.2 to 299 million years ago during the late Paleozoic Era. That gasoline you're burning used to be ancient forests, and is simply ancient solar energy (which photosynthesizers used to make hydrocarbons). Millions and millions of years of accumulated carbon have been released into the atmosphere (and absorbed into the oceans). CO2 dissolves easily into water, making carbonic acid, leading to ocean acidification, which dissolves the calcium carbonate shells of organisms in the ocean, like plankton. The ocean has also gotten warmer due to greenhouse gases.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/14/477963623/new-photos-show-the-rapid-pace-of-great-barrier-reef-bleaching
>The massive bleaching hitting the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia is likely that country's "biggest ever environmental disaster"

>"Mass coral bleachings have only been happening for 20 years, and they are irrevocably, totally, absolutely linked to man-induced climate change."

>"We are currently experiencing the longest global coral bleaching event ever observed,"
>>
>>74538838
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/592932/Polar-ice-caps-increase-volume-third-cool-summer-halts-melting-Arctic
It's increased by 33% last year, then 22% this year. 33% of the total amount is a massive increase.
>>
File: hottest years graph.jpg (501 KB, 2118x1476) Image search: [Google]
hottest years graph.jpg
501 KB, 2118x1476
>>74545746

>Scientists observed 33 per cent more ice than the average in 2013, and 25 per cent more the year after.

This could also suggest that 2013 was incredibly low.
>>
>>74544945

That gigantic nuclear furnance is what produced over millions of years all the fossil fuel hydrocarbons that humans (stupidly) burn for energy.

Do people think that when they burn fossil fuels the gas just escapes into space?

Maybe they did in the 50s, when people thought the environment was invincible, dumping toxic chemicals everywhere, leading to rivers catching fire.

Did you know that the Nazis used to use exhaust from running internal combustion engines to gas people to death? Have you ever heard of carbon monoxide poisoning? Now imagine 100 years of millions and millions of internal combustion engine vehicles running. There's a reason that exhaust pipes point out the back of the vehicle and not into the cab of a vehicle. Apart from maybe people in Shanghai, humans instinctly know they shouldn't be breathing in that shit, although because of enormous levels of smog in China even the chinks are getting wise to the negative impact of burning fossil fuels.

You live in New Zealand. To make it local for you, the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia is currently undergoing coral bleaching over 93% of its area, roughly the size of Scotland. I hope you don't eat fish, or like your fish grown in tanks in a Chinese apartment building, because rising temperatures in the ocean and ocean acidification affects the entire food chain in the ocean, since many of the smallest organisms (that bigger organisms feed on) have calcium carbonate shells that will dissolve in more acidic water.
>>
File: 1461688529976.jpg (41 KB, 500x717) Image search: [Google]
1461688529976.jpg
41 KB, 500x717
>>74535209
>depleting the oxygen in the bag doesn't kill you
ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: The eternal anglo
>>
>>74545435
>not enough
Do we have a study where we'd know how much they'd process? Have you read one?
>>
>>74545944
I live in a place where the yearly temperatures range from -60 to 110 degrees

Please tell me why I should care about 1 or 2 degrees.
>>
>>74545085
>The people who take the Bible as 100% literal truth are a very small minority and at least they are relatively harmless.

Wrong.

When people doubt climate change because a scientists is taking about the climate 66 million years ago, but they believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old, that's a problem.

When people doubt climate change because they don't realize that gasoline is refined oil that is the result of trees growing from solar energy during the Carboniferous Period 360 to 300 million years ago, that's a problem.

Donald Trump thinks climate change is "bullshit."

If you support Trump you're probably a white male over 45 with no college degree who loves Israel (retarded Bible thumpers who Republicans have successfully managed to persuade to vote against their interests for years).

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbsnyt-national-poll-hillary-clintons-lead-over-donald-trump-narrows/

Donald Trump is the clear choice for pro-Israel voters.
http://nypost.com/2016/05/19/donald-trump-is-the-clear-choice-for-pro-israel-voters/
>>
>>74538227
Best post so far.
>>
>>74546370
You are all over the place buddy, I doubt climate change firstly because of the people who are profiteering from it.

I also don't completely disregard the "scientific" evidence (scientists funded by globalist controlled governments, and literally german eugenicists who believe in depopulation (see: Bill Gates' giggling face everytime depopulation or death is mentioned)), I actually think rather that it is greatly exaggerated.
>>
>>74545182

I don't know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_sink
>Oceans are at present CO2 sinks, and represent the largest active carbon sink on Earth, absorbing more than a quarter of the carbon dioxide that humans put into the air.[16] The Southern Ocean absorbs about 40% annual global CO2 emissions, through winds, currents and eddies (ocean whirlpools) that transport warm and cold water around the ocean.[17] The solubility pump is the primary mechanism responsible for the CO2 absorption by the oceans.

>It is estimated that forests absorb between 10 and 20 tons of carbon dioxide per hectare each year, through photosynthetic conversion into starch, cellulose, lignin, and wooden biomass.

But people should really ask how much carbon do photoautotrophs (plants, algae, cyanobacteria) capture per year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthesis
>Photosynthetic organisms also convert around 100–115 thousand million metric tonnes of carbon into biomass per year.

And keep in mind, if humans are releasing 10 billion tons of carbon every year by burning fossil fuels, that is the result of ancient photosynthesis by plants, algae, cyanobacteria.
>>
File: 1463034843789.gif (1 MB, 520x375) Image search: [Google]
1463034843789.gif
1 MB, 520x375
>>74535117
The sad truth.
>>
>>74546275
>Please tell me why I should care about 1 or 2 degrees.

Do you have any children? Any grandchildren? Do you want your grandchildren to have grandchildren?

http://climate.nasa.gov/effects/
>>
>>74547062
Oh my gosh big storms and 1 extra foot of sea water whatever will the poor children do.

They might have to build stronger structures and developed more advanced methods of farming... geez I hope they will be ok
>>
>>74539301
Ocean level is rising constantly for hundreds of years now.
CO2 does do shit.

Average temperature has does not change Ocean level.
When ice melts, saline levels decrease at the same rate. This makes ocean freeze at higher temperature.

Ocean levels are much more complicated than muh CO2.
>>
>>74546587

I'm saying that Bible thumpers who are skeptical of climate change are not harmless because those stupid people vote. I completely agree with their traditional conservative moral values, but they suck at science.

Fine. Follow the money. Who benefits? Oil companies profit much more off of fossil fuels (and spreading uncertainty and doubt about anthropogenic climate change) than anybody insisting on renewable energy or carbon taxes. The people profiting from climate change (and doubt over climate change) are oil companies and coal companies and the people who own container ships and the people who manufacture cement. Do you think Muslims in OPEC want people to believe in climate change? Does that help their bottom line? No, but denial and skepticism does.

Oil companies spreading doubt about climate change are exactly like tobacco companies spreading doubt about smoking cigarettes and lung cancer. Oil companies are also trying to cover their asses, because the world population has good reason to sue them into oblivion for failing to warn people about the exisential threat their product poses to almost all animals on Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sisters_%28oil_companies%29
>As of 2010, the surviving companies from the Seven Sisters are BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil and Royal Dutch Shell, which form four members of the "supermajors" group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry
>Governments such as the United States government provide a heavy public subsidy to petroleum companies, with major tax breaks at virtually every stage of oil exploration and extraction, including the costs of oil field leases and drilling equipment.

And it's not like /pol/ is exactly against eugenics. And climate change, is, in fact, a way to depopulate the Earth.

We are currently in the Holocene extinction event due to human activity, the greatest loss of biodiversity in 66 million years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
>>
>>74547284

You probably don't have children anyway. You have no stake in the future of humanity. No wonder you don't give a fuck about climate change. Are you also a homosexual?

You don't fucking get it.
>>
File: e48.jpg (12 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
e48.jpg
12 KB, 201x199
>>74547890
>follow the money

Do you really think that there is only 1 elitist faction?

Just because it's not a Saudi scheme doesn't mean its not a scheme.
>>
>>74538469
You know the third world isn't just going to sit there and let (what they see as) first-world-made problems fuck them up?

We're going to have a refugee situation that will put the current one to shame.
>>
File: Global-Warming-Fraud-Al-Gore-SC.jpg (410 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
Global-Warming-Fraud-Al-Gore-SC.jpg
410 KB, 1024x679
>>74548163
>>
>>74540265
Care to give examples? No politicians right now give a shit about climate change, they only hold these "conferences" which do jack-shit to appease voters.
>>
>>74548236

Do you think people pushing for carbon taxes (to reflect the true environmental impact of carbon pollution, and dissuade use) are profiting more than BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, and OPEC?

Who benefits more from climate change skepticism than Muslims living on the Arabian Peninsula?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_oil_industry_in_Saudi_Arabia
>Saudi Arabian oil was first discovered in commercial quantities at Dammam oil well No. 7 in 1938 now modern day Dhahran.

Without fossil fuels, the Arabian Peninusla would be a fucking meme.

The people who profit are Muslims.
>>
>>74548719
The 1000 years worth of coal in America would be pretty profitable, but we can't use that... cos coal is black and scaaary.
>>
>>74548575

Who gives a fuck what Al Gore thinks? I haven't cited him once.

People think because it snows that global warming is a myth?

Weather is not climate. But climate change leads to more extreme weather events.

https://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/science/extreme-weather.html
>Warmer temperatures cause more water to evaporate into the air. If the temperature is still below freezing, this moisture-laden air can produce more intense precipitation in the form of unusually heavy snow, sleet, and freezing rain events, even in years when total snowfall is lower than average.
>Winter storms have increased in frequency and intensity since the 1950s, and their tracks have shifted northward over the United States.
>It is likely that the frequency and intensity of extreme winter precipitation events will increase in some areas of the United States, particularly in the northern states.
>Scientists have medium confidence[1] that winter storms have increased slightly in frequency and intensity.
>>
File: co2 mostly human.png (57 KB, 1190x746) Image search: [Google]
co2 mostly human.png
57 KB, 1190x746
>>74546266

The fact that they don't do it quick enough is evidenced by the increase. co2 has never been fixed but generally, over thousands of years, a near balance is achieved. We have tipped the balance and the earth hasn't had the chance to catch up.

screengrab semi-related.

>>74546275

Cause the 1-2 degree is the global average. Some places may actually get cooler. But the places already teetering on the edge of total collapse are also those that'll be most adversely affected.
>>
>>74538227
>methane and water vapor are a hundred times more efficient green house gases and no one gives a single shit about those.

Methane is currently 1/1000th of co2. water vapour is short lived and largely self-regulating (for now).
>>
File: climate-change-lies.jpg (59 KB, 650x460) Image search: [Google]
climate-change-lies.jpg
59 KB, 650x460
>>74549145
>>74548977
>>
Its scientifically real. Right-wing butthurt or not we have to deal with it who cares if it was Christian Capitialism or Godless nigger socialism that caused it. To think all the scientists are on the Zionist payroll is /pol/ level faggotr...oh wait.
>>
>>74549308
>guy posts with credible scientific evidence
>"I know, I'll post a comic from someone with no scientific background whatsoever!"

inb4 Scientists are all bought by leftist jews or something.
>>
>>74548831

Are you some hick living in coal country? Do you work in a coal mine?

Burning coal has always been a fucking bad idea.

"Let's have miners perform the most fatal job in America dig rocks out of the ground which is the result of solar energy growing trees millions of years ago and burn those rocks to boil water to turn a turbine with magnets to generate electricity."

http://www.psr.org/news-events/press-releases/coal-pollution-damages-human-health.html
>Coal Pollution Damages Human Health at Every Stage of Coal Life Cycle

>By examining the impact of coal pollution on the major organ systems of the human body, the report concludes that coal contributes to four of the top five causes of mortality in the U.S. and is responsible for increasing the incidence of major diseases already affecting large portions of the U.S. population.

>Coal combustion releases mercury, particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and dozens of other substances known to be hazardous to human health. This report looks at the cumulative harm inflicted by those pollutants on three major body organ systems: the respiratory system, the cardiovascular system, and the nervous system. The report also considers coal's contribution to global warming, and the health implications of global warming.

>Viewed in this way, the totality of coal's impact on health becomes clear. Coal pollutants affect all major body organ systems and contribute to four of the five leading causes of mortality in the U.S.: heart disease, cancer, stroke, and chronic lower respiratory diseases.

http://www.rmi.org/RFGraph-health_effects_from_US_power_plant_emissions
>A 2010 study by the Clean Air Task Force estimated that air pollution from coal-fired power plants accounts for more than 13,000 premature deaths, 20,000 heart attacks, and 1.6 million lost workdays in the U.S. each year.
>>
File: GISS_Temp_Map.gif (45 KB, 674x399) Image search: [Google]
GISS_Temp_Map.gif
45 KB, 674x399
>>74549308

What? Because I said 'some places will cool'? Serious question, do you know why it is called global warming?

Look. Here is one projection. See that little bit of blue bottom of the map? That is cooling. But averaged globally, the trend is???
>>
>>74549145

How long does it take the Earth to "balance" an extra 10 ppm CO2? Quantify these numbers instead of hand waving about teetering on the edge of total collapse.
>>
File: NoGlobalWarmingGraph.jpg (718 KB, 954x677) Image search: [Google]
NoGlobalWarmingGraph.jpg
718 KB, 954x677
>>74549415
>>74549469
>>74549539

I can't hand all these (You)s
>>
>>74533418
You're going to get the array of answers from pol... But probably not this. IT'S designed by globalist elite as the new Religion. One government, one economy, one religion. Run tel dat.

As others have said, yes environment needs to be protected, yes green house gasses in excess are bad, but the bullshit known as global warming or climate change as we know is a complete crock of shit in terms of the manmade aspect. Yes climate change exists, the earth moves in cycles in a solar system and is effected by almost every external force. IT DOES HAPPEN, but man is the least of the concern... Albeit still a concern, ie pollution is not good... ever.
>>
>>74549469

Yeah, it was such a bad idea that it boomed economies into giving us the technology we have today.
>>
>>74549749

Atmospheric CO2 is increasing at about 2.75 ppm per year, and the growth rate is increasing.
http://climate.nasa.gov/400ppmquotes/

https://www.co2.earth/co2-acceleration
>"Today’s rate of increase is more than 100 times faster than the increase that occurred when the last ice age ended."
>>
>>74549790

Now show me a graph about ocean temperature friend.
>>
File: decadal variation.png (14 KB, 461x438) Image search: [Google]
decadal variation.png
14 KB, 461x438
>>74549790

Do you honestly think that graph is a good argument? You pick one of the hottest, anomalous years on record as your starting point then think this has proven anything. Are you really this mentally challenged or are you just out of actual points and so trying to derail the thread?
>>
>>74549830

So which physical process is driving the observed warming? Really there are only two options./ Either we're getting more energy from the sun, or more of what we're getting is being trapped. Or both.

The fact is that satellites observe the radiation coming from the earth. And some is missing. This missing is 'trapped' and leading directly to heating.
>>
File: foxy.gif (667 KB, 420x363) Image search: [Google]
foxy.gif
667 KB, 420x363
I will leave this piece of John Oliver here, it clearly sums up a vast majority of studies these days, and for another good watch, find the movie about sugar on netflix. Very enlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw

here is some booty too
>>
>>74549830

The Earth already has a global religion, capitalism which largely runs on the burning of fossil fuels (a lot of which are supplied by OPEC).

If anything, globalist elites would want to increase climate change to help accomplish their progressive agenda of depopulating the Earth (all while profiting off of fossil fuels).

Abortion, birth control, women working, homosexuality, transexuality, atheism, nihilism, individualism, consumerism, immigration, and yes, climate change, all decrease the reproductive rate, either by killing life or promoting lifestyles incompatible with the creation of life.
>>
>>74550068
No, it stopped. The growth rate stopped last year. http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/235609-carbon-emissions-stop-growing-globally
>>
>>74550348

> the observed warming?

So tell me again what the primary output of the sun is? On top of that, the research or "observed warming" you speak of has been tampered with at best. You saying you believe that is like saying you watch the news and believe that either. It's hogwash.

By the way i'm not debating whether climate change exists, i'm debating the national emergency bullshit and all the focus that's being put on it so we can tax the rich countries and bring them down while bringing up the standards for 3rd world shits. The environment needs to be protected but its not mission number one and it shouldn't be political. I know something has gone wrong when i have politicians say I should be prosecuted for saying something let alone about something they can't prove one way or the other. Gore said we'd be underwater in florida 3 years ago. Seas haven't risen, if any its a fluctuation and negligible. Nuff said.
>>
>>74550395
that booty would be more interesting without all that stupid cartoon shit
>>
>>74533418
It's fake, at least this "We're all gonna die unless we stop carbon emissions right now!" bullshit anyway. Yes climate change is a thing, but not nearly as bad as the scientists make it out to be.
>>
>>74549873

Do you think it's a good idea that China is using coal to have a "booming" economy?

Do you realize that oil and coal are just ancient solar energy? Do you realize that all oil and coal are the result of photosynthesis?

Do you realize that despite the technological progress humanity has achieved since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution (and the dawn of the internal combusion engine burning fossil fuels), that humanity is now powerless to stop climate change?

Do you really think 100 years of technological "progress" is worth it so that humans may not even exist in the next 10,000 years?

You at least got to play Final Fantasy 30 right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_catastrophic_risk
>The Cambridge Project states that the "greatest threats" to the human species are man-made; they are artificial intelligence, global warming, nuclear war and rogue biotechnology.[28]
>>
File: 93617main_sun4m.jpg (33 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
93617main_sun4m.jpg
33 KB, 576x432
>>74550702

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/0313irradiance.html

>So tell me again what the primary output of the sun is?

Heat?

>On top of that, the research or "observed warming" you speak of has been tampered with at best.

Come on. You know this is vague as hell and based on a coupe of graphs. What you are suggesting would require the complicity of literally tens of millions of people over decades.
>>
>>74550541
Fair opinion anon. Depop is definitely the ultimate goal of elites but first things first. They have to turn nice places into shit by moving migrants around and collapsing the system. And we haven't had captialism for a long time so I disagree there. WE have corporate welfare at best. On top of that, the corps are owned by elites and yes you're right working in every way imaginable towards depop. But to get there you need people forgetting God and looking towards mother earth to accomplish the rest. Not that i'm religious cause i'm not, i'm agnostic. But with that said, Christianity is blamed for much of the consumerism we see today which is totally counter to what the elites are trying to accomplish so GREEN is the new religion of the world. Everything else is in decline. Year over year its the same story, less christians, more green. And islam is an extension of this. By definition islam means to submit. Submit to our will. Once mudslims have taken over most of the world the elites will slowly convert them to green. That's teh plan for the NWO.
>>
>>74551010
f e a r m o n g e r i n g
>>
>>74550649

>The growth in global carbon dioxide emissions stalled in 2014 for the first time in the 40 years

This does not mean that the atmospheric concentrations have leveled off. It means that the rate of increase in human activity related global emissions hasn't risen. Atmospheric concentrations started rising 100 years ago when total human emission was far lower. So even if we stay where we are in regard to human emission, the level will still lead to accumulation in the atmosphere.
>>
>>74540263
Doomsday scenario: 3827471910

Don't worry the illuminati will find a solution
>>
>>74551011
Solar energy. Which can be interpreted many ways but yes heat is one of them. Again i'm not saying man doesn't contribute, but we're debating moot points. Symptoms don't matter, the root causes do. Humans are not helping the situation but its not priority number one unless your goal is depop. We've been asked for a redpill and that's it. I sadly even agree with the elites. Depop is necessary. There are far too many people on this planet, who are useless and stupid. If it were up to me we'd go back to living like native americans or caveman times. But it's not up to me, we as a species have to figure this shit out.
>>
>>74550702

They don't want third world shits (especially China and India) relying on fossil fuels for 100 years like Western countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions#cite_note-EDGAR2-3
In 2013, CO2 emissions per capita (in tonnes of CO2 per year) were:
21.3 - United Arab Emirates
17.3 - Australia
16.8 - Saudi Arabia
16.5 - United States
15.9 - Canada
14.2 - Kazakhstan
12.4 - Russia
12.3 - South Korea
11.8 - Taiwan
10.1 - Japan
etc

Since 1970, the bulk of C02 emissions were made by the United States and the EU.
>>
>>74533418
Temperature changes. This is nature
>>
>>74540263
As long as all the niggers, sandniggers, spics, and chinks die first, we'll be fine.
>>
>>74550868

That's a strawman. No scientist says "We're all gonna die unless we stop carbon emissions right now!"

But we are all going to die, eventually.

The question is what kind of hellscape you want your grandchildren (and their grandchildren) to live in.
>>
>>74540657
>Temperature is rising at insignificant rates
>less than 1 degree over 30+ years

Are you stupid?
>>
>>74542849
found the Jew
>>
File: 1461380212507.jpg (921 KB, 2308x2344) Image search: [Google]
1461380212507.jpg
921 KB, 2308x2344
>>74537205
>>
>>74551723
>those niggers, sandniggers, spics, and chinks come over to the Western world to escape the heat/weather in theirs
>"HELP ME MY CULTURE IS BEING DESTROYED!"
>>
It's 100% real, 100% affecting us right now and is about to get worse and worse at an exponential rate starting this year. Why this year you ask? The sea ice that usually covers the arctic is going to melt this year and there's nothing we can do to stop it. Once that happens the blue water that is supposed to be covered by ice will start absorbing IR energy from the sun instead of reflecting it. It's called a positive feedback loop and when it engages we're going to see some serious shit.
>>
>>74551641
What exactly are you debating...? and wikipedia? Seriously scrow? This is like quoting collegehumor.com for facts.

On the other hand that's exactly why they're trying to bring these fools into the 1st world. So they can collapse the system and have ultimate control over them and everyone else. It's a means to an end. I'm shocked at how many people haven't read Rules for radicals... This is the liberal bible and they're smarter than most give them credit for. The elites are winning.

Why do you think we went to communist china and tried to bring them into the business\captialistic(neo) world? Because we needed low cost labor and we knew we the ultimate end would be that we could control them via their financial system just like we have the rest of the world. Not to mention they fucked up and pegged their currency to ours... the jews were laughing at that move. It's like they get a little boost from exports and they think they win but its the grand scheme that matters. Forest for the tree senpai, forest for the trees.
>>
>>74542437
That sounds breddy gud to me
>>
>>74550395
shoo shoo
>>
>>74551950

What.
>>
>>74552046
>and wikipedia? Seriously scrow?

Some studies fond that wikipedia is more reliablke the some top notch encyclopedias. Wiki as it's own sources in the bottom. Refute those.
>>
File: imageedit_190_4097652826.jpg (47 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
imageedit_190_4097652826.jpg
47 KB, 800x450
>>74551990
>muh arctic ice

Give up.
>>
>>74534520
It is the CO2 but even thoughbyouvare completely and utterly wrong your commentvus still no where nearcas stupid as the one you replied to.
>>
>>74551988
That is the globalists' plan.
>>
>>74533418
We produce meaningless amounts compared to China
>both our party leaders want a carbon tax
>>
>>74551437

Did you read the link I posted? The observed increase in solar irradiance (0.05%/decade) isn't enough to account for the observed warming.

I actually agree with you that depop is likely necessary. Well not quite. I think that overpopulation is inevitable (we'll hit 14bn by 2070). I think overpopulation is the biggest issue we face globally but nobody wants to discuss it cause the solutions aren't palatable to anyone. Pretty much only forced contraception in the developing world will make any difference at this stage.
>>
>>74552194
Then shouldn't you be trying to stop global warming so they don't come over to your countries? For someone who hates refugees so much you sure want a lot of them.
>>
>>74552145
>conservation efforts bore sucess

What are you even trying to defend? Al Gore is a politician, not a scientist. His opinions mean nothing in the scientific world. It's just a strawman
>>
>>74552131
LOL seriously portugal? Thats like saying a study that says collegehumor for facts is right. I can go all day. Whats next, a study about study about collegehumor?
>>
>>74552213
Australia is one of the largest GHG producers, thanks to your cows farts
>>
>>74551710

What, of its own accord? Like some sentient being? Temperature is simply a measure of heat energy. For a change in temperature this energy must come from somewhere.
>>
>>74552145
Look at a chart you stupid nigger. Arctic sea ice is in full shit the bed mode. Just look up sea ice extent and you'll see this is the year it disappears in the summer, next year at latest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/05/16/even-for-the-fast-melting-arctic-2016-is-in-uncharted-territory/
>>
>>74537765
Here's the correct one, Dereck
>>
>>74537205
>believing in climate change
Usually the first sign of being a cuck
>>
>>74552319
It's not. But since you are uneducated, i will spoonfeed you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

>inb4 wiki for wiki reliability

Read the studies

http://www.livescience.com/32950-how-accurate-is-wikipedia.html
>>
>>74552399
I just came in to say that's a pretty fucking nice flag there, buddy.
>>
>>74552389
Yeah you know 2015/16 is and el nino year right?

And 2016/17 might be a la nina.

You can't point at abberations and claim they are part of a long term trend.

https://co2insanity.com/2010/08/15/the-arctic-is-not-melting/
>>
>>74533418
Man is effectiing it.
>>
>>74546370
>Carboniferous Period 360 to 300 million years ago, that's a problem.
I don't think oil reservescsre from that long ago. Im notveorried about people burning oil. Now coal is something different.
>>
>>74552241
I didn't read the link, i don't trust nasa, the media in general, or any government agency for that matter... Common sense and rational thinking, as well as a redpill is all I need.

And no, i'm suggesting that a handful of greatly wealthy and influential people have pulled the wool over everyones eyes about global warming/climate change. It's like saying the CIA is not good at influencing foreign governments. Look up how many times america has support a coup in another country. It's hilarious. The people who started the CIA are the influential people I speak of.
>>
>>74552418
>I "believe" in a almost proven concept, therefore i like seing my wife getting fucked by strangers

Pol logic
>>
>>74535117
0/10

Learn the themes of this board better THEN roleplay. The boring rationalist archetype died off since the influx of pubescent edgelords riding the Trump train came in
>>
>>74551641
China doesn't share our fear of nuclear power.
>>
>>74552507
>www.livescience.com
Your a funny anon for sure...

Here's another funny one for you. See who owns livescience and tell me if you believe anything that comes out of them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiveScience

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purch_Group

Trust me, You can't trust them. But then again you said i'm uneducated so I must be right?
>>
>>74551033

The idea that God created the Earth, and that God created man to have dominion over the Earth (and all of its plants and animals) is a Jewish creation myth from the book of Genesis. The concept of corporations exploiting natural resources (like fossil fuels) as much as possible for profit (capitalism) is aided and abetted by ancient Bible stories about dominion written by Jews (who knew nothing about science).

Compare the Jewish myth that man was created to rule the world with the capitalist/globalist/elitist belief that man was created to the rule the world. Now consider the number of Jews in the financial sector who benefit from fossil fuel companies.

Islam is only strengthened by the burning of fossil fuels, since before oil was found in Saudi Arabia in the 1930s, the Arabian Peninsula was largely a bunch of desert nomads. Oil makes Muslims rich. If someone doesn't like Islam, they shouldn't like oil either. And oil companies are huge beneficiaries of corporate welfare.

Someone can be Christian yet concerned about the environment.

Bill McKibben is a Methodist and environmenalist who has written extensively about global warming and the leader of the anti-carbon group 350.org (a reference to 350 ppmv of CO2, which has long been passed).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_McKibben

Humans have fundamentally altered the air on the entire planet. The air you breathe is different than the air your grandfather breathed and the air his grandfather breathed, all due to the internal combustion engine.

Climate refugess will also turn nice places into shit. But the 1% dont' care, because they already live in their Ivory Tower skyscrapers, and they have the police to keep the rabble in line.
>>
>>74542031
Stop this blatant lying, name me one reputable scientist in a RELATIVE field that actually believes it.
It's retard paid interest nobodies through the entire industry, environmental sjws as bad as femininism
>>
>>74552768
And what about the studies presented in wiki page? will you just ignore them?
>>
>>74537205
>http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/16/where-did-97-percent-global-warming-consensus-figure-come-from/#ixzz41ZjMYL5B
>>
>>74552888
http://time.com/3945630/lindau-nobel-laureates-meetings/
>>
>>74552281
Nah, they'll go to you guys first. When they do come to us, they'll be form into ghettos and suffer beatings by local populations for abandoning their countries like the cowardly slackers they are.

Besides, there's nothing we can do to stop it now. After 100+ years of violent industrialization, the breaks have come off the climate train.

>>74552357
>What, of its own accord?
Uh, yeah? The primary source of thermal energy for the Earth's atmosphere is the sun, and that remains pretty constant.

You talk like you know something about climate science, yet you don't even know the basics.
>>
>>74552667
>I "believe" in a almost proven concept

So you admit your gullibility?
>>
>>74552891
>trusting Wikipedia
>any year
>>
File: f4d.jpg (101 KB, 686x582) Image search: [Google]
f4d.jpg
101 KB, 686x582
>mfw even if climate change fascists are right it doesn't matter at all

At least 40 percent of Greenland's ice sheet in the Arctic is protected from melting due to a new phenomenon detected by a group of U.S. scientists, according to a study published in Science Advances magazine.

The study, led by scientists from universities in Chicago, Colorado and Oregon, also had international contributions from France, Denmark and Switzerland.

Despite the rapid thaw in the Arctic, 40 percent of Greenland's ice sheet "rarely experiences surface melting," the report says.

The reason is a process scientists have detected for the first time, by which nature "recycles" water to protect the ice sheets from global warming.
>>
>>74552631

>Common sense and rational thinking

Then let me appeal to that.

The earth is warming correct? So there must be something driving this warming. This means we are either receiving more energy from the sun or more of it is being stored here. Satellites can monitor the wavelength and amount of incoming and outgoing radiation. These observations show less energy, particularly of certain frequencies, escaping the earth than they should. The mechanism for this is that co2 can absorb and re-emit certain radiation. This has been long known anc can be easily demonstrated in the lab. What else is known is that atmospheric co2 is rising.

So we now have the mechanism required for global warming and indeed increasing quantities of one of the culprit gases.
>>
>>74552667
>/pol/ is one person
>living in Portugal
>being that poor
>>
>>74552781
You said a lot anon, and frankly i'm not going to respond to it all. I'll say i respectfully disagree on some and agree on others.

The same water, the same elements on this planet today are the same from the beginning of time. Shit doesn't just leak out into space then come back as something else. The earth has cycles to repair itself just like water you piss in your yard filters through the ground and comes back for someone else to drink as clean water from the water table.

I never said christians can't be concerned about the environment. I only said that they're "Blamed" for much of todays consumerism.
>>
>>74552956
Time magazine? Do you have any self awareness?
>>
>>74553014
That is why i ut believe inbetwen "". Becaue i don't believe. I trust that people that know way more then me about climate and if it is changing or not.
>>
File: Mother-Nature-Global-Warming.jpg (53 KB, 462x352) Image search: [Google]
Mother-Nature-Global-Warming.jpg
53 KB, 462x352
>>74553042
>The earth is warming correct?

No.
>>
>>74552972

>Uh, yeah? The primary source of thermal energy for the Earth's atmosphere is the sun, and that remains pretty constant.

Please read my other posts then read here

>>74551011

The increase in solar irradiance isn't enough to account for the increase in temperature.
>>
>>74551177

If scientists are scared, you should be scared too.

Climate Scientists: We’re Alarmed. Here’s Why You Should Be, Too.
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/03/20/3416741/climate-scientists-alarmed/

>Ten years ago that same era it was not thought that Greenland would be losing ice dramatically in the next few decades, but within a few years we realized that was wrong.”

>You really do have to think about worst-case scenarios when you are thinking about risk management. When it’s a risk management problem, thinking about worst-case scenarios is not alarmist — it’s just part of the job.

>In the case of climate change, the worst-case scenario is the end of modern civilization as we have come to know it, a post-2050 world that has a carrying capacity considerably below 9 billion people – and one that continues to decline decade after decade. And yet this “worst-case scenario” is all but certain to be achieved if we merely continue on our business as usual path of climate inaction for a few more decades.

>Why then are climatologists speaking out about the dangers of global warming? The answer is that virtually all of us are now convinced that global warming poses a clear and present danger to civilization.
>>
>>74552972
You know Mexico and all of South America will also be affected? It won't just be the middle east.
>>
>>74552891
I believe i've already answered that. Use common sense instead of repeating rubbish you hear on CNN. There may be hints of truth to any study or any article or any other form of human communication but the fact remains, we're still humans and we're not perfect and are almost always biased. I choose not to blindly believe other peoples bias. If that makes me uneducated despite my degrees then so be it. Aristotle once said, its the mark of an educated mind that can enterain a thought without accepting it. I say aristotle was a fag, but right about the educated mind.
>>
>>74553036
Ok, keeping covering your ears and closing your eyes. You are american, so i wouldn't expect anything else.

>>74553096
The conference happened no matter how much you don't like it. Google it if you don't like Time. I've seen many articles
>>
File: hottest years on record.png (8 KB, 258x352) Image search: [Google]
hottest years on record.png
8 KB, 258x352
>>74553134

>no warming in 17 years

This is a meme. Picking the hottest year as your starting point is not a good way of doing science.
>>
File: ha.jpg (44 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
44 KB, 446x400
>>74542437
>Earth is mostly water
>>
>>74533532
The burger shows his education again
>>
>>74553098
>I trust that people that say they know way more then me and get paid to publish their opinions about climate and if it is changing or not.
>>
File: 06.06.15.HolySmokeMir-X.gif (50 KB, 520x388) Image search: [Google]
06.06.15.HolySmokeMir-X.gif
50 KB, 520x388
>>74553162
>>
>>74553134
The average temperatures are increasing without a shred of doubt. The "controversy" is wether it was man made or natural

>>74553204
>I believe i've already answered that. Use common sense instead of repeating rubbish you hear on CNN.

I've never seen CNN. Check my flag. There is more world then USA Cletus

> I choose not to blindly believe other peoples bias.
>I choose to ugnore science

It's up to you to be stupid. But don't expect me to take you seriously, then.

>educated mind
>denies climate change

Based on what?
>>
>>74553175
They're already used to shitty hot-as-balls weather. They'll be fine.
>>
>>74553162
Fact: most scientists are liberal socialist shills.

They should be scared.
>>
>>74552399
are there any houses available in Greenland?
>>
File: snow.jpg (231 KB, 718x854) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
231 KB, 718x854
>>74533418
100% true

Scientists are never wrong
>>
>>74553229
>not observing trends over the last 4 billion years
>>
>>74553411
>The average temperatures are increasing without a shred of doubt. The "controversy" is wether it was man made or natural

No man you are like 10 years behind in your own propoganda.

90's global warming
00's global cooling
10's climate change

Oh and since we just had an el nino year, never mention el nino but make sure you spout "HOTTEST YEAR ON RECORD !!!!!" as often as possible.
>>
>>74552588
And what is causing the el Nino pattern to increase in frequency and intensity? How about massive amounts of energy being sucked into the ocean! El Nino is literally heat trapped in the Pacific being released into the atmosphere, and as of recently it has been permanently increasing surface temperatures.

Riddle me this you stupid faggot, if CO2 is just a meme, why is Venus hotter than Mercury? It's literally raining molten lead and sulfuric acid on the surface of Venus and it's 870 degrees. Meanwhile only 800 degrees on mercury. SURPRISE! Venus' atmosphere is like 80% CO2.

I want all you climate change denying fuckwits to know you are subhuman and deserve to be gassed.
>>
>>74553042

I understand your rationale but I disagree. You're not taking into account many other variables, including the varying degrees of tilt of the planet and the varying path the planets take in revolving around the solar system and in turn the galaxy... There are lots of variables in play here but my main and final point is that the research/opinions that you quote can't be proven or even tested in most cases. With that said I choose not to be taxed (as a solution to an environmental problem) based on theory or biased research. SUE ME. You won't convince me that Global warming is 100% manmade until everyone who believes it kills themselves as part of the solution... and I do hope to see that one day, at which point i'll agree whole heartedly.
>>
File: 1970s_papers.gif (14 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1970s_papers.gif
14 KB, 500x285
>>74553573

>00's global cooling

Cite it.
>>
>>74553435
Stop deflecting. We're talking about massive severe weather events, tidal waves, monsoons, hurricanes, etc. Not to mention when sea levels rise and all the coastal cities are displaced.

It'll happen to you, anon. Stop denying it.
>>
>>74553162
LOLOL THINKPROGRESS???? Could you get anymore Jew/progressive/liberal/soros?
>>
>>74553648
>faggot
>nigger
>you deserve to be gassed

You know even if your right we can just scrub CO2 out of the atmosphere when we need to, and terraform the planet to whatever we want.
>>
>>74553654

You're essentially saying in this post that you're not interested in evidence. Your mind is made up.

As to tilt and what not, these things are known and taken into account.
>>
>>74553678
> a graph showing papers published per year

Try being a scientist and publishing a study that refutes or challenges the accepting climate model, Bill Nye thinks you should be imprisoned for it.
>>
>>74553559
>not understanding that the earth couldn't support human life for most of that time
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.