[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American College of Pediatricians official statement: Gender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: american-college-pediatricians.jpg (6 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
american-college-pediatricians.jpg
6 KB, 236x236
http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
>>
>>74427911
> Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.

No one ever mentions this.
>>
>>74427911
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_College_of_Pediatricians
>The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a small, socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The group was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians, including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples. The group's membership has been estimated at between 60 and 200 members (in contrast to the AAP's over 60,000 members.

Not that I don't agree with some of the points brought up (frankly I see way too much of a parallel between the unfounded hysteria of ADHD and autism misdiagnoses of the 90s and 00s to take this sudden spike in gender dysphoria seriously), but let's not pretend this is a fucking reputable or unbiased source.

These guys are literally the "Journal of 9/11 Studies" of pediatrics.
>>
>>74428658
>as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples
The AAP didn't want to look like bigots, so they accepted literal faggots adopting children as being reasonable.
The AAP can't be trusted if the allow mentally ill people to care for children.
>>
>>74429341
Whether or not the AAP is biased or not doesn't change the fact that the ACP isn't an unbiased reputable source.

One of the reasons so many arguments from /pol/ fall on deaf ears is because people here are willing to accept complete and utter shit as a credible source.

I agree that this gender ideology crap is bullshit, and I'd even concede that there should be more research into whether or not same sex couples can function as competently as traditional couples at raising and caring for children... but if you want to make those kinds of arguments, you need reputable sources and evidence to support them.

Have some goddamn intellectual standards.
>>
>>74428331

I actually just looked up the citation. It's true. the range is 2.2% to 30% of natal males having persistent gender dysphoria. That means 70% to 98% of "gender confused boys" accept their biological sex eventually. That is a shocking statistic.
>>
File: gendys.png (107 KB, 512x284) Image search: [Google]
gendys.png
107 KB, 512x284
>>74429708

That's why I looked up the citation. Here is the relevant section from the DSM-5.
>>
>>74428200
Based? That's not based, that's called following the Hippocratic Oath.

Shit, I'm amazed it took this long for them to release this statement. They were bordering malpractice for taking it this fucking long.
>>
>>74429708
Well, this is a political board. When it comes to politics and news, "credible sources" are not exactly available all the time. Infowars? MSNBC? Reuters? Politics is mostly about speculation. /pol/ is great at speculation and putting things together when given only a small bit of information.

Apart from politics, /pol/ is shit in every aspect. Its okay with history, but anything else it fails. I wouldn't expect many good responses out of a psychiatry thread.
>>
File: GENDER-IDENTITY.jpg (184 KB, 634x627) Image search: [Google]
GENDER-IDENTITY.jpg
184 KB, 634x627
>>74427911

Which one are you little kid?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.