[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Up To 200 Lions Could Be Culled In Zimbabwe Due To The Cecil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Up To 200 Lions Could Be Culled In Zimbabwe Due To The Cecil Effect

http://www.worldanimalnews.com/content.php?content_ID=659

>One of Zimbabwe’s largest wildlife reserves, the Bubye Valley Conservancy, recently announced that they must reduce their number of lions, currently at 500, by at least 200.

>This “issue” is being called “The Cecil Effect” by some, as the overpopulation is being attributed to the fact that trophy hunters are afraid to hunt after the uproar over Cecil the lion’s death at the hands of American dentist Walter Palmer

gg tree huggers
>>
>>74407021
Wait so the population wasn't controling itself and big game hunters were necessary to keep the ecosystem in balance?
>>
>>74407254
For smaller parks that is generally how things work

I think there's a park in South Africa that is pretty much a self-sustaining ecosystem though because it's the size of New Jersey
>>
>>74407021
Trophy hunters can fuck themselves.
>>
Whatever happened to the dentist who hunted down that lion?
>>
>>74407254

Yes. And trophy hunters are historically the biggest funders of animal conservation.

Now, instead of making money selling the privilege to trophy hunters, the parks have to take a loss and do it themselves, meaning less money for further/expanded conservation.
>>
File: 1355773571092.png (610 KB, 626x642) Image search: [Google]
1355773571092.png
610 KB, 626x642
>>74407021
Can I get a discount on bagging one then?

Always wanted a rug
>>
>>74407489

Lion Murderer Walt Palmer Has Done More For Conservation Than You Have

http://archive.is/Meyhl
>>
>omg so sad they killed 3 lions somewhere half-way across the world this is terrible!!! animal cruelty!!!
>they exclaimed while drinking milk walking through the mall with their leather purse going to buy bacon and eggs for breakfast tomorrow

liberals

lmao
>>
File: enhanced-8255-1405069124-11.jpg (145 KB, 625x624) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-8255-1405069124-11.jpg
145 KB, 625x624
>>
>>74407021

They were dead a hundred years ago. Perhaps 10,000 years.

Your vanity has no merit.
>>
>>74407535
This is true and follows the North American system that has been so successful for wildlife management. However, this is >>74407489 also true because of guys like that dentist who break the rules.
>>
>>74407254
>>74407414
>>74407535

No.

>National Geographic’s Dereck Joubert estimates that there are only about 20,000 lions left in Africa. Just 50 years ago, there were 450,000 — a 95 percent decline.
http://legislativegazette.com/archives/3300

They're dying off from poaching and trophy killing. Lions are a major predator, kill them off and the ungulate population soars and destroys all plant life. Refer to the Yellowstone deer problem that was only eradicated when wolves were brought back.
>>
>>74407021
At least it means Zimbabwe is about to get some food.
>>
>>74408215

Then why cull them?
>>
>Bully lions
>Bully cheetahs
>Bully rhinos
I hate africa
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 600x384
>>74407671
>implying I do anything in your example
>implying it's okay for faggot kikes to shoot lions with arrows and let them bleed out before trying to cover it up and avoid being held responsible
Gas yourself and get a better life
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 225x225
>>74408215
DELETE THIS THEY ARE DYING FROM NATURE NOT HUMANS
>>
>>74408515

It's a ploy to get americans to start trophy hunting again. They don't need to cull them - they're lying.
>>
>>74408869
>implying it's okay for faggot kikes to shoot lions with arrows and let them bleed out before trying to cover it up and avoid being held responsible

I never said this or implied this at all.

>implying I do anything in your example

Your anecdote doesn't change the fact the majority of people that cry about animal hunting aren't vegan. Do you not know how generalizations work?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.