[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in the food stamp program?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: food-stamp-actual.jpg (356 KB, 1661x778) Image search: [Google]
food-stamp-actual.jpg
356 KB, 1661x778
Should the provision of food stamps to people be tied to them being not overweigh? I.e. have regular quarterly checks whether someone has a normal weigh, and if he or she is overweight do not hand out food stamps?
>>
I'm fine with food stamps as long as they are only redeemable for healthy, worthwhile items that are value deals.

We have poor people that are fat dude, think about that. There is so much food that poor people can get overweight from it it's a joke. Anyone living in a western country is part of the top 5% of humanity in terms of wealth
>>
>>74384716
And how much would that cost you fucking moron
>>
An overweight person cannot "feed" on his fat. The fat is stored in the skin layers. Fat people are just as hungry as skinny people are, in fact, they need more food because energy to push their fat bodies around. So no.
>>
>>74384924
this is bullshit
>>
>>74384716
The overweight should be cut up and served to the starving.
>>
>>74384886
>And how much would that cost you fucking moron

I do not know. How much does it cost for people to get weighted on a weight station? Can be done automatically, can't it?
>>
>>74385013
Ok, explain how fat people metabolism works then, toothpaste.
>>
the only thing you have to do to fix food stamps is make them valid for only raw ingredients....no processed anything
>>
>>74384716
Weight? No. Drug test? yes.
>>
File: 574200.jpg (28 KB, 512x349) Image search: [Google]
574200.jpg
28 KB, 512x349
>>74384924
>Fat people are just as hungry as skinny people are, in fact, they need more food because energy to push their fat bodies around. So no.

On September 5, 2003, Blaine began an endurance stunt in which he was sealed inside a transparent Plexiglas case. The case was suspended 30 feet (9.1 metres) in the air next to Potters Fields Park on the south bank of the River Thames in London, and measured 3 feet (0.9 metres) by 7 feet (2.1 metres) by 7 feet (2.1 metres). A webcam was installed inside the case so that viewers could observe his progress. The stunt lasted 44 days, during which Blaine drank 1.2 US gallons (4.5 litres) of water per day and did not eat.[27]

Blaine in the box for Above the Below in front of thousands at City Hall (London)
The stunt was the subject of public interest and media attention, The Times reported that "1,614 articles in the British press have made reference to the exploit."[28] Then U.S. President George W. Bush referred to Blaine’s stunt in a speech at the Whitehall Palace in London, saying, "The last noted American to visit London stayed in a glass box dangling over the Thames. A few might have been happy to provide similar arrangements for me."[29] A number of spectators threw food and other items towards the box, including eggs, paint-filled balloons...

The stunt ended on October 19, and Blaine emerged saying "I love you all!" and was subsequently hospitalized. The New England Journal of Medicine published a paper that documented his 44-day fast and stated his re-feeding was perhaps the most dangerous part of the stunt.[34] The study reported, "He lost 24.5 kg (54 lb)—25 percent of his original body weight—and his body mass index dropped from 29.0 to 21.6. His appearance and body-mass index after his fast would not by themselves have alerted us to the risks of refeeding. Despite cautious management, he had hypophosphatemia and fluid retention, important elements of the refeeding syndrome."[35]
>>
I used to buy a 25 cent bag of chips with a dollar foodstamp and get 75 cents real money change when i was a kid.
>>
>>74385395
how do you not eat for 44 days and emerge with a healthy bmi?
>>
>>74385395
Are you honestly using David Blaine, an american magician as reference...
>>
>>74385426
you are what is wrong with this country
>>
>>74384716
>Do you believe in the food stamp program?
NO
>>
>>74385182
Fat is energy reserves.
It's the whole reason the body stores it.

Tap into those reserves, fatso.
>>
If it's a properly run social safety net, then yes it's a very good idea. Similarly with subsidizing nutritious high-protein food for pregnant women because it's not like we need more retard children.

But as usual the criminal federal government abuses what should be a good thing. Maybe we could work out some kind of counterbalance to do with the federal government only being allowed to kick in matching donations for a program that is ultimately run by states or something like that.
>>
>>74385667
So your argument is to cut food supplies from fat people so they would use their body fat instead? You do realize fat people can die from hunger, right?
>>
>>74385606
I was 6. I work and never got any assistance as an adult.
>>
>>74384716
Just do what we do, have food banks where they can get weekly boxes.
>>
>>74385900
Please link a source of you're going to write shit this stupid.
>>
>>74385900
>fat people can die from hunger, right?

They literally can't.
>>
>>74385900

No they can't.
>>
>>74386088
>>fat people can die from hunger, right?
>They literally can't.

I always wondered that. Can fat people starve to death? Or do their bodies have to first lose all the weight before they actually die? Can a fatty die with a BMI of say 33 because of lack of food?
>>
>>74384716

The food stamp program is meant to keep the plebs in line and keep things running smoothly for those at the top. Here in the U.S., there would be chaos if the SNAP program ran out of money, and social chaos is bad for business. Masses of staving plebs have been known to rise up and behead the elites that are calling the shots. Don't EVER think anything the government does is meant to help you.
>>
>>74386046
That's one of the reasons I support my local food bank and offer food to bums instead of money.
>>
>>74386214
I guess they were right. Yet they need supplements to stay alive.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
>>
>>74384716
We could save vast amounts of money if we eliminated the program entirely. If you want to support someone with proper healthy foods you distribute the rations directly.

You get a box with the proper amount of rice, beans, produce, and lean protein one needs to feed the family for the week and nothing more.
>>
>>74386214
>do their bodies have to first lose all the weight before they actually die?

Yep.

Although if they are really fat they could die from a vitamin deficiency before they die from starvation.
Lack of protein is also an issue, but the body breaks down muscles to cover that.

So in short: give them one egg and a vitamin pill every day and they should be perfectly healthy.
>>
>>74386744
If you're feeding the hungry don't give them lean protein. Give them the big fatty cuts that nobody else wants. More calories and nutrition on the cheap and it saves the fancy pants stuff for the rich.
>>
>>74386046
Even that system gets abused.

One lady went to the food bank even though she still owned a pony (for her kids to play with).

But those are rare exceptions.
In general it's a great system especially since much of the food would have been thrown away instead.
>>
Them getting fat is the plan. Its the bread of bread and circus.
>>
>>74384716
There should be no foodstamps at all.
Charity, get the fuck up in the morning and do something with your life if you wanna get food.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.