[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Truth about UFOs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: UFOS over Paris.jpg (317 KB, 2048x1024) Image search: [Google]
UFOS over Paris.jpg
317 KB, 2048x1024
If you would believe as the flying saucer cultists would have us believe. That the majority of saucer reports are do to visitations. Then that would mean you have a very strange situation. That would mean several spaceships are coming to Earth over interstellar distances every day. As if all the Anthropologists in the world were to converge on one of the Andaman Islands in the Indian ocean because they just invented the fish net or something. I think it's much more reasonable if you want to speculate on the possibility of extra-terrestrial intelligence, that there are very rare visits from extra-terrestrials to the earth. There is no evidence for this, I just say that's not implausible, but to have several visits a day I think is a strain credulity.

I think a key to what's behind the real belief of flying saucers is most easily obtained if you look at the contact myths. There are several thousand people in the United States who claimed to have had personal contact with the inhabitants of flying saucers. And if you examine these myths you find that there are some peculiar irregularities...
>>
The inhabitants of saucers are benevolent ( They really care for our wellbeing), They're omnipotent (extremely powerful), omniscient (extremely knowledgeable) and they often wear long white robes. Now this combination is something I've heard in another context. This isn't science, this is religion. And what I suspect is happening is this, we live in very unsettled times. It used to believe in a personal, benevolent God who cared about people, and that you could pray to. But now, there are very few people who really believe that I think. Science for good or for ill has destroyed the traditional theologies and yet people have a need to believe more than ever. Well, the flying saucer myths are a really clever compromise. It's a way of having beings that come from the sky that are worried about us. That will step in and prevent us from destroying ourselves, as we very well might, and yet have it in the cloak of science s that no one can say " nonsense, that doesn't match science". It's all very Pseudo-Scientific. I would think that at least for the contact myths and probably or a lot of events of people seeing things flying over head, that what's involved is psychology and theology, and not so much the physical sciences.
>>
atheists pretended to have problems with the intelligent design argument but now they're getting into "the Universe is a simulation, it's so obvious!"
>>
>>74381222
>cultists
>>
>>74381344
Can't be a simulation because of how irrational numbers are applied.

Using infinite numbers to calculate in simulations would require infinite storage of data.
>>
>>74382822
>how irrational numbers are applied?
where do we need to?
>infinite numbers to calculate in simulations would require infinite storage of data.
that has nothing to do with simulation argument.
>>
>>74383789
Anything with circles requires pi.

Pi is an infinite number.

If you calculate circles without using pi to its nth digit, you get aberrations across the universe.

That's just one example.
>>
>>74381222

UFOs are advanced humans checking up on humanity who buggered off when their civilizations collapsed and they decided to head out to space.
>>
>>74384048
>Anything with circles requires pi.
no it doesn't. it is a ratio. your computer has a limited memory. you can compute a circle with it can't you?
>If you calculate circles without using pi to its nth digit, you get aberrations across the universe.
you can call pi=1 actually. It depends on you.
>>
>>74384449
Sure you can. I'm talking about accuracy. When your simulation is calculating the curvature of space, any inaccuracies could fuck your universe up.

Small scale calculations can do with pi=close enough.
>>
>>74384839
You don't know how their computers work
>>
>>74384048
Yes because there are perfect circles in nature
??????
>>
>>74384839
there is no problem with accuracy mate. the questionis if you are able to simulate a universe, would you do it or not?
it doesn't required to be %100 accurate.
>>
File: I want to believe.png (72 KB, 412x314) Image search: [Google]
I want to believe.png
72 KB, 412x314
>>74381222
checked
>>
File: Economic Opportunity_0.jpg (24 KB, 459x288) Image search: [Google]
Economic Opportunity_0.jpg
24 KB, 459x288
>>74385319
Thanks tech support
>>
>>74381222

it's probably just people having sleep paralysis lmao
>>
>>74385319
Thanks tech support.

But then you start heading down a path where anything goes and the rules don't matter.
>>
File: warhammer purging intensifies.gif (90 KB, 260x233) Image search: [Google]
warhammer purging intensifies.gif
90 KB, 260x233
>>74381222

I'll give you a very simple explanation for why UFOs visit the Earth, and it has nothing to do with their interest in our species. It has everything to do with the vast amount of liquid water on the surface of our planet.

Y'see our solar system is the functional equivalent of a Flying J's gas station in the middle of the desert. Nobody really gives a shit about it but it's the only service station for a good way.

It just happens to have a termite mound in the back that managed to discover gunpowder, which is a nice novelty. Nobody knows how the fuck termites could invent gunpowder but they figure they might as well check it out.

There you go, that's why aliens bother to come here. Oh and by the way, not all UFOs are aliens. I'd wager a good portion of reported sightings are experimental aircraft created by humans or just tricks of light in the upper atmosphere, but ETs do visit from time to time.
>>
File: 1463072098681.png (108 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1463072098681.png
108 KB, 1024x776
Would you rather fuck an Alien lifeform or a black chick?
>>
>>74385330
The curvature of space time is assumed to be a perfect circle.
>>
>>74385531
Would I do it? Absolutely.

Sorry if I got off topic. Think of all the experiments you could be able to do.
>>
File: 1457987463887.png (309 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1457987463887.png
309 KB, 500x357
>>74385319
Lel, you barely know how our computers work

>>74386185
>tech support
Kek
>>
>>74386274
Close anon. There is a "project" being worked on by many factions of beings, they all seem to want to work on this project but have varying approaches to it. DNA plays a significant roll in whatever this project is.
>>
>>74386306
An alien black chick. Double heresy.
>>
>>74386495
Am I banned
>>
>>74386352
the other things you said are interesting but this is misleading and most likely untrue
>>
File: Pills.jpg (614 KB, 2800x830) Image search: [Google]
Pills.jpg
614 KB, 2800x830
>>74386306
>Would you rather fuck an Alien lifeform or a black chick?
No
>>
File: DEAL WITH IT crab.gif (640 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
DEAL WITH IT crab.gif
640 KB, 250x170
>>74386306

I'd fuck just about anything that isn't repulsive, Anon.
>>
>>74384093

Probably the closest to the truth if any flying saucers are real. They could be protecting or think they are protecting us, or separating us from a larger galactic community for reasons. Reasons that involve nuclear weapons and our ability to wage war.
>>
>>74381222
UFO's are human time travelers from the future
somebody figured out time traveled, figured they could hide their craft in the ufo phenomena and became a self-fulfilling time loop.
>>
>>74381222
Ufos are as real as jews
>>
>>74386185
but you cannot assume you and a game character you create would experience same physics. They are not even physical
>>
>>74387018
So the alien?
>>
>>74386972
No, I said assumed.

I realize there is no definite answer as of yet.
>>
>>74387140

Bit odd that humanity has been around since the dinosaurs died out and WE'RE the most advanced result then again you could say lots of things like war stopped us from becoming like them but we did make some marvelous breakthroughs during war, I'd imagine they could be different missing links who thought their civilizations were going through an apocalypse or something like that.
>>
>>74387340
I guess, but that depends on the simulation. If you're simulating your own universe, then you could assume they would experience the same physics.

Like I said, at that point in depends on how close to the parent universe is to the simulation.
>>
>>74388396
Almost all scientific breakthroughs happen during war. Even now even though neither of our countries are in war, we're constantly coming up with new inventions for defensive purposes. If our world was completely peaceful which is out of the question then we wouldn't be even close to as productive.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.