[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Escaping NEETdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: in MY loo.jpg (80 KB, 577x384) Image search: [Google]
in MY loo.jpg
80 KB, 577x384
Anyone NZ military/police here? Uni dropout considering moving into one of those fields, pref as an officer. Tips and recommendations much appreciated
>>
>>74346946
kek.
I'm not but alot of my family were or are servicemen.
If your clever go for air force, Not so much then navy or army.
Have at least level two if your considering officer training and dont be mentally or physically ill, cant remember exactly but there are physical aptitude requirements.

Above all dont get lured in by the drinking culture of the forces coz yeah being a drunk is shitty for you and the people around you.
>>
>>74346946
I have a friend who went into the navy sat all his tickets and is making bank in Aussie now repairing ships.
>>
>2016
>joining the military

Shit not-australia, fucking learn to weld and make sxrap metal art. Thats how i escaped NEERdom.
>>
Army Infantry here. Its a good lifestyle. Go to the navy if you want to travel. Police or Special Forces if you want to get some action. If you have a trade or training that you want to get there's probably a job somewhere in the forces that you can get it. Don't go to the air force unless you want to fly planes or fix them.
>>
You won't regret joining the military and if you do get bored of it you can always trade change. Even if you get in for a couple of years you will still come out as a better person. It changes you a lot but in a good way.
>>
>>74346946
if you're not a loud talking shameless jock rugby head, don't even bother with being an officer.

the military suffers from top-down incompetence. they have a tendency to give themselves medals for it. if you want a military career i suggest you move country.

cops will at least do their job. but there are systematic issues in the police force also.

you need to remember that problems with leadership in the government will infect all branches of the public service. the military, police and the intelligence branches are not immune. unfortunately.

even the sas has had institutional difficulties in the last ten years. we'll say that guys were getting in because they were liked, not because they met the required standards. guys that weren't liked got no where.

if you're going to do it, take a trade in the navy or air force. get your quals, get the fuck out. do not go officer. officers are not technically skilled and basically the skills you will learn will be bluster, being louder than everyone else (basically how you compete for promotion), passing the buck and maybe some microsoft applications.

or you know, just go back to school. take a deep breath and get it done in three years. do something that will pay at the end of it. do not think that it is what you will have to do for the rest of your life, basically it will be a springboard to something else. but regular pay and comfortable working conditions are a great place to be to plan your next step.
>>
>>74349021
How much does the military pay, in any case?
>>
What did you drop out of? SIS is always hiring from "all walks of life." Gaining your security clearance and then keeping your fucking mouth shut are essential skills though.
>>
File: 1463232545538.jpg (42 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1463232545538.jpg
42 KB, 600x700
I've been thinking about joining the military/paramilitary too. I've almost finished my CS degree and I would most prefer a job in the IC but second to that I'd choose the Air Force. Is there any point joining up after finishing a degree?
>>
>>74346946
>the niggers are at the back of the parade
>>
>>74349488
What kind of qualifications do I need to spy on my fellow countrymen?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.