[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Public Universities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: berlin_humboldt_uni_studenten.jpg (90 KB, 600x359) Image search: [Google]
berlin_humboldt_uni_studenten.jpg
90 KB, 600x359
Give me a reason why Bernie's proposal for tuition free universities, all of which is paid for by a small tax on Wall Street, wouldn't benefit the economy?
>>
Devaluation of degrees, overeducation for unskilled work
>>
>>74328650
They would be great, but that tax won't pay all the tuition for everyone. That's either crap education or more national debt for what will soon become a HS diploma.
>>
>>74328650
making anything free decreases the quality

it would be shit just like the us public school system
>>
>>74328650
Free college and universal healthcare are great ideas if we could get the niggitynogs and beaners under control.
>>
File: img20140421090645.jpg (219 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
img20140421090645.jpg
219 KB, 1600x1200
Do we need more people with women' studies degree?
>>
>>74328650
It won't work because he'll just enable useless shit degrees like psychology and just hand universities blank checks.
>>
>>74328706
Fpbp
>>
File: 1463357821765.png (711 KB, 1600x2162) Image search: [Google]
1463357821765.png
711 KB, 1600x2162
>>74328650
It would make my polisci degree even more worthless than it already is. So unless Bernie wants to make Law/Grad school free as well he can go fuck himself.
>>
>>74328650
Because his "small tax" on wall street would make the entire institution unprofitable. Everyone would try to dump their shares and any form of long term savings that was held in stocks will lose all of its value when the market tanks.
>>
What's the point of having more people with degrees when there aren't enough jobs for all of those people?
>>
>>74328650
Everyone who would benefit from college can already go to college. Making it free would only increase the already growing number of idiots with degrees, which keeps them out of the workforce for 4 years while simultaneously increasing the tax load for everyone else. It's a bad idea. If anything we need less people going to college, not more.
>>
>>74328650
It's not feasible in this current fiscal period. Maybe one day, but not now.

People don't realize that public universities just make it easier for people in private universities to get jobs. Just because public universities become a thing doesn't mean private ones will stop existing.

Public universities also mean that higher education will just be a next step for everyone after high school. Can anyone tell me what the public school system is like in America...? Yaaa...imagine that happening to universities.

Since everyone can attend public universities, standards drop to accommodate niggers just like the public school system did. It also makes you the same as everyone else.

Yes, let public universities become a thing so that I can automatically choose the private school attendees.

Like, when are you fucks going to learn, shit ain't fucking free?
>>
>>74328650

Because college is a scam, no matter who is paying for it.
>>
"Free" isn't free. Taking money from wall street to give it to poor people to go to college doesn't build more colleges. There's not enough room in college for everyone. Colleges raise the pricing to keep people out because they can't handle more students. Colleges raise prices more then what do we do? Tax more? Put a price cap on tuition? Then what do we do when there's more demand for college than colleges can handle? Cram hundreds of students into tiny rooms? Build more colleges? Do you think there's a bunch of unemployed people sitting around who are capable of running a quality college? Do you think a small tax on Wall Street is enough to train and hire all the people required to run and build a college? Do you think the people in the government are capable of training, hiring, and managing all the people required to run and build enough colleges for everyone in the entire country who would go to college if college were free?
>>
not only are degrees violently devalued but now EVERYONE gets put through the marxism indoctrination matrix.

Let's not do this.
>>
>>74328650
Universities are largely high quality and not free in anglo countries

Universities are largely shit quality and free in non-anglo countries
>>
>>74328650
>i want "free" college and dont mind paying for it via taxes for decades
just get a loan its cheaper for you
>its too expensive! i dont want to!
so you dont think its worth the money/investment?
>>
>>74328650
Its only free community college you dumb nigger
>>
>>74330797
How does the loan system work?
Is it typical kike usury?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.