[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate signs like this... Recently u find them at restaurants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: FB_IMG_1463492270507.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463492270507.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
I hate signs like this... Recently u find them at restaurants and businesses all over the Bay Area... They're designed to demonize poor, underpaid workers and are part of a larger campaign connected to the Chamber of Commerce who opposed paying workers a decent wage...

What makes this so offensive is that you never see signs explaining that prices have increased to pay the hundred thousand & million dollar salaries of corporate executives to these billion dollar multi-national companies..

You never see signs explaining price hikes because the cost of gas to truck in supplies have gone up or that electricity rates have increased...

What u have are businesses doing the cowardly act of demonizing workers and creating a hostile environment for workers... Such signs are designed to have poor folks going into a fast food joint read a sign like this and then wanting to give a stink eye and throw shade at a beleaguered worker...Call it divide and conquer. Call it deflection..Call it straight up bullshyt on behalf of businesses too cheap to share the wealth with their workers..

I asked the folks at this KFC if this sign was standard procedure and why hadn't they put up signs explaining price increases in the past? I recall when chicken was two dollars and not 5.. I ain't seen no signs explaining the price increases in the past, so why now?

No one had any answers.. The response I got was them saying: 'a lot of our customers were asking why their 5 dollar specials had increased'? They couldn't even say that with conviction.. We all know that wasn't the case and I let them know that.. I also noted as I have done with other businesses sporting these signs it isn't cool to make workers a scapegoat when they make billions

As a rule if I see a business whether is KFC or a local food truck with wack ass signs like this I take my hard earned money and spend it elsewhere... Shame on KFC and any other food joint posting signs like this!!
>>
File: 20150524_mcd.jpg (84 KB, 694x455) Image search: [Google]
20150524_mcd.jpg
84 KB, 694x455
>>74258707

>poor, underpaid workers
>can literally be replaced tomorrow by a retarded ATM that sells burgers

They're lucky that anyone pays them money to do anything at all.
>>
>>74258707
>triggered
>>
>>74258707
>Wanting an increased minimum wage
>Having to pay more to offset the costs

Hey $15 an hour proponents, this is what you wanted right? Expect it to get a LOT more expensive for goods and services now.

Money has to come from somewhere.
>>
You're not entitled a job. You're not entitled to high wages.
America is a business. Every employee voluntarily walked into their position and they agreed upon their wages with their employer.
If you don't like your employer, no one is forcing you to work there.
If you want to make more money, go work for someone else.

Otherwise it's a private business and if companies want to have a sign out front of a horse buttfucking a monkey, they could absolutely do that.

fuck off underage b&
>>
>>74258707
>u
Stopped reading there, nigger.
>>
>>74258707
If customers want to know why their food suddenly got exuberantly expensive, they have the right to know.
>>
>>74258707
>I also noted as I have done with other businesses sporting these signs it isn't cool to make workers a scapegoat when they make billions

But this is complete bullshit. The individual franchises who pay the workers are, for all purposes but legally, small businesses. It's not like the corporate office is sending down money to the local stores to pay the workers.
>>
File: 1422051783516.jpg (22 KB, 481x358) Image search: [Google]
1422051783516.jpg
22 KB, 481x358
>>74260206
This, I'd love to see all the fast food restaurants move over to the self checkouts where those minimum wage laws get passed.
>>
>>74258707
>im a child and dont like being held accountable for my actions. stop excuse-shaming me shitlorts.
>>
>>74260206
>>74260443
I wouldn't be surprised if behind the campaigns for raising the minimum wage there was some jew trying to sell more robots.
>>
File: clinton-syria-sarin.jpg (27 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
clinton-syria-sarin.jpg
27 KB, 600x315
>>74260289
>America is a business.
>>
>>74260289

I laffed
>>
>>74258707
0/10

Try harder next time.
>>
50 cents? That's it? Hell I'm willing to pay an extra 50 cents for their employees to have nearly double federal minimum wage
>>
>>74260289
>America is a business.
Truer words have never been said. That's why I shit on every pro-American "nationalist" everywhere.
Pro-American means to destroy your nation and culture and turn it into business.
>>
>>74260443
It would increase a need for higher learning as those machines will need people to build/repair/maintain them.
>>
>>74260206
Still need the cooks. That only eliminates about 2 jobs per location.
>>
>>74260835
That's exactly what a commie would say.
>>
>>74258707

FUck you commie cunt, I am so tired of people like you.
>>
>>74260835
It's not double moron, it's $8 now.
>>
>>74260258

But but but muh CEOs
>>
>>74261042
My bad, I misread op. Here in Florida our minimum wage is $8 and I haven't seen a single business with this. Besides, $8 isn't unreasonable. I'd argue for $9.
>>
>>74258707
You can partition out the entire corporate sallary of every CEO and barely dent the wage of workers at an individual level.the real answer is the cost of labor is not worth the money
>>
>>74258707
If you can be replaced your not skilled
>>
>>74261176

LOL I was making 9.50 /hr in 2001 working at walmart.

How can anyone slave away for $8? Holy shit.

I wont even take a job that pays less than 15/hr now. Infact, I stopped working all together and just work for myself. Something around $80/hr but only taking in 1.5k-2k per month with minimal effort.
>>
>>74261277
Thanks to globalism everyone can be replaced.
>>
>>74258707
Get Fucking Rekt you stupid faggot
>>
>>74258707
>take my hard earned money and spend it elsewhere
That's how you show them to support increased minimum wage instead of shutting down and putting all the workers out of jobs!
>>
File: minwage.jpg (116 KB, 799x587) Image search: [Google]
minwage.jpg
116 KB, 799x587
Minimum wage only causes more low skill workers to lose their jobs.
>>
>>74258707
The poor are despicable. You can actively change your situation m go back to fucking school, get a trade in some community college and take out a few loans.

There you fucking go. Asking for $15 an hour is absolutely filthy. I'll fucking replace you all with machines if I could.

Let them eat cake, so to speak!
>>
>>74261337
You sound like a walking spam email
>>
>>74260835
This tbhfam

apart from that, what kind of a fat as fatass eats at KFC? Those people deserve to have their prices raised. We literally pay for those fatsos in every other aspect of life.

Hell, they are probably using my tax money to buy that shit anyway, might as well go to people who actually work for a living instead of you neet autists desperate for tendies
>>
How can they expect you to even fucking do more than show up for $8/hr? Holy fucking Christ lol. That is so fucking ape shit retarded.

I couldn't handle it, could you imagine some fat bitch manager telling you to mop or arrange shit on pegs faster when you are being paid a slave wage? That's like an hour every day dedicated just to paying for gas to get to work and back. Two hours for breakfast and lunch.

Holy fuck you would have a better hand to mouth existence living in the swamp
>>
>>74260835
Thanks for bringing some common sense to this thread.
>>
>>74261360

nope. the tech sector, yeah. but are you gonna import a drafter from bumfuckistan? if youre good enough, you will be kept. & most jobs arent affected by globalism.
>>
>>74261137
CEOs will let the lowest rungs burn. They only care about profit and are willing to take a few hits on the chin to preserve their own profits.

Hell even I am not an economist, but even I know that if you raise the minimum wage instead of lowering the cost of living, everything gets more expensive. Companies have to make a profit, and that means everything related to labor costs, materials, and upkeep (Utility costs) must be calculated into the budget.
>>
>>74261555
>if you're good enough
If you're cheap enough. If he can get someone to do it cheaper, he will.
>>
>>74261461

The trick THEY dont want you to know about!

I basically just sell shit on amazon. Spend about 30 minutes a day packing and sending orders out, then depending on what I have, adding shit to sell automatically on amazon (FBA fee rapes me a bit)

Its so god damn easy. It took a little work in the start, but now I normally just bulk buy something from china for $2000 to make $3-4k in profits from individual sales.

I just chill the fuck out and watch the checks come in. Once I get this crap house I bought reappraised (all this free time let me upgrade it) Probably borrow against that equity and roll it into a new house and start the rental train

Its so god damn easy and I am really angry at myself for stressing out over working for so many years. I was in retail management and I swear to god no amount of money is worth waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming about deposits, payroll and fucking items on shelves.

My big goal is to make 1-2k net profit from passive income then just fuck off somewhere in the woods
>>
I don't understand the fixation on minimum wage.

Isn't it far more useful to lower the cost of living so that the minimum wage is enough? There's plenty of low hanging fruit in regulation that props up home prices and rents.

Plus, even people earning far more than minimum wage stand to gain from cheaper living.
>>
Oh no, an entire- I mean half a dollar!
>>
Eat the rich.
>>
File: 1458314105613.jpg (94 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
1458314105613.jpg
94 KB, 419x640
>>74260206
Yeah, they're lucky they have any place at all in their own country.
Bunch of ingrates. Don't they know we're doing them a favor by letting them make burgers?!
>>
>>74261176
Id argue its too high already
>>
>>74261710

Incorrect. I am a network engineer team lead (the hiring decisionmaker as well for a team of 8) at a fairly large Service Provider.

Cheap is not what is looked for in actual skilled trades. Quality work is foremost, wages are pretty irrelevant because the profits are so massive margin-wise that you can pay the labor what the labor demands.

Basically, you're only worth what you're worth. If you bring a diverse and rare set of skills and a stellar work ethic, you're worth almost any price to a mission-oriented firm.

If you're a lazy pot-smoking fucktard with no past and no future, you're not worth the chair you're sitting in. Luckily for you, large swathes of your peers over decades/centuries have determined that by simply existing and being willing to perform ape-tier menial labor, you're guaranteed a certain amount of pay.

It's fucking pathetic. If you make minimum wage, you're a worthless, pathetic asset that can be replaced at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>74261811
>Isn't it far more useful to lower the cost of living so that the minimum wage is enough?

That would require repealing a law, and to the progressive all new regulations are progress.

If they're even aware of the government's effects on prices in the first place.
>>
>>74260956
Is anyone going to acknowledge this?? What about the chefs living on minimum wage?
>>
KFC is poison cancer food! Full of MSG. Col. Sanders was pioneer in neurotoxin flavor enhancers. Eat KFC and die with holes in your guts!!!!!
>>
It's easy to find another job, you just have to look. All it takes it going around for fullfilling jobs or jobs that have manual labor in them.

I went from a shitty minimum wage job to a full time warehouse job by simply asking to see a manager. It was easy and the job, while difficult, is rewarding. I could even get better if I get my Forklift license or my truck license under the company.

You're not forced to work there so quit, go around and find another job. It's your fault you're working at a retailer or fast food restaurant.
>>
>eating at KFC

Gross. Meanwhile, the customer base of KFC is relying on untold millions of taxpayer money to help pay for their scooters and ER visits. Fat people are the absolute bottom of society.
>>
>>74261901
That's exactly what a capitalist would say.
>>
File: 1458889181050.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458889181050.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>74258707
I hate them also because all fastfood employees should be replaced by robots.
I don't need a human to swipe a credit card and pay for a bucket of chicken and I don't need a human to bring me a bucket and say "huv a good day!".
All fastfood workers should be replaced with robots by the end of this year.
Fuck wasting humans
>>
>>74260956
2x20,000=40,000
7.50*40,000=280,000
$280k saved every hour
>>
Everyone once and a while I will get a coupon for this fucking franchise and figure i'll give it a go.

The chicken quality and side quality has gone WAY DOWN. Its like a potato wedge/boneless chicken finger factory now.

Remember when KFC had a buffet?
>>
>>74261525
Sure is Reddit in here...
>>
>>74262199
the one where I live still does
>>
>>74262065
That's exactly what anyone with economical education who prefers stability & personal wealth over gross national wealth increase would say.
>>
>>74260289
>Go find another job elsewhere lol
>Not understanding the limitations of transportation and the value of labor
>Not understanding that almost everyone would pay less than min wage if they could
And to top it off
>Calling somebody else underaged
Go live in the world after you graduate high school
>>
>>74261429
wow thats a lot of niggers
>>
>>74262129
It will more then likely happen, not this year, but you better believe places like McDonald's and crap will be jumping at the chance, artifical wage increases like the ones being pushed will only serve to push automation further anyway, not to mention simply raise the cost of living, people are to stupid to understand the difference between an increased number and a true wage increase via the value of the money you make in general.
>>
>>74258707

The sign is a provocation and a political statement. It causes unnecessary bad blood between the owner, the workers and the customers.
But hey, it's his business.

As with everything, you get what you pay for. If you keep paying your best workers the minimum wage, they are going to leave and only the slack will remain at your store.
>>
File: sad-jew.jpg (19 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
sad-jew.jpg
19 KB, 300x216
>>74260616
THE PLOT THICKENS
>>
>>74261710
>Montenegro GDP Per Capita: $7,106.86 USD (2013)

You're poorer than an average Mexican.
>>
>>74261475
i used to eat KFC when i was in middle school, didnt think it was too bad

if i eat it now i want to throw up, it tastes like fried cancer

the biscuits were always good to me imo
>>
>>74258707

They put it up to explain to the dumb people who eat there why the price increased on a product that is usually called 5$ fill up. Blacks will act all crazy cause it says "five dolla..why u gunna charge meh five fortay nine hmmm i wants a refunds"

They can easily increase the costs on everything else because it doesn't come with the price in the name of the special. Why are you bothered by a sign that explains things to dumb people? Oh wait you're a faggot liberal that doesn't understand economics. Just because you barely noticed now that when min wage and regulations like obamacare makes prices go up. You didn't notice or care back then when there weren't signs. Stay ignorant and blissful.
>>
>>74258707
This needs to happen so that when companies actually start trying to accommodate their workers instead of shitting all over them like Wendy's or KFC, businesses like these will go under or be permanently maligned.

Where do you think a skilled, experienced worker is going to go? To the company that makes consumers pick up all the slack to that the top management can keep their paychecks?
>>
>>74258707
>money to pay increased wage costs doesn't come from thin air
>film at 11
>>
>>74260956

The cook and prep can be automated as well. Ever been inside a grocery store. Pretty much everything on the shelves was cooked and prepped by machines with minimal human intervention. Also, it's more than 2 jobs per location. Depending on how busy the location is and if it needs 2 cashiers at all times or if they can get by with one during slower hours, you're looking at at least 6 jobs eliminated when accounting for different shifts and days off.
>>
File: basic income reason to work.jpg (37 KB, 655x473) Image search: [Google]
basic income reason to work.jpg
37 KB, 655x473
>>74262135
Yeah, so the money can be used to raise the min wage even higher. It's a win win situation. We need to automate away shit jobs.
>>
>>74260258
Better than it coming from my taxes
>>
>>74258707
>: A lot of our customers were asking why their 5 dollar specials had increased'?

Yeah that's probably never the case. Something that was the same price for some time was raised and certainly noone ever asked why it became more expensive?

How good that some vigliant citizen like yourself with the ability to see through the capitalist system was there to contradict them and explain to everyone else that the store doesnt put up these signs to explain the raise to them but to shill for some shady malicious entity.

Put the bong down you retard.
>>
>>74264097
But they could just as easily write "It's 5.49 because our bosses need to make 100,000 times as much as you make"

equally true, but they would never write that, as that's not the kind of class warfare thy want to instigate.
>>
>>74261988
>>74262029
Don't listen to these communist faggots. They wouldn't know good food it you shoved it down their throats.
>>
>>74264505
fatass detected

I'm a commie liberal sjw vegan

fat people are on a level with trump supporters
>>
>>74264505

KFC's PR please.

Everybody knows it is nigger grade food.
>>
>>74264648
Exactly, Argentina. There is a reason why you see so many KFC's in South Africa, particularly around Johannesburg.
>>
>>74258707
MAN my favorite burrito truck on 48th and international raised their prices to 10 dollars for their super burrito.

Fuck that shit. Fuck you oakland
>>
Its fucking fried chicken, they charge $40 for a family meal. For $20 worth of chicken, soybean oil mac and cheese, old canned vegetables, instant mashed potatoes and some biscuits.
>>
>>74258707
Okay. You're doing the American thing and voting with your dollar. Do you want a fucking cookie? Fuck off back to plebbit.
>>
>>74258707
>You never see signs explaining price hikes because the cost of gas to truck in supplies have gone up or that electricity rates have increased...

Because those things are called "commodities", or their public infrastructure equivalent, "utilities". The pricing fluctuates and is based on cost of sourcing.
>>
>>74261730
Could you elaborate a bit more on your startup?
>>
i'm glad you think human workers are less important than utility bills
>>
>>74264783
I also never get an explanation for why my rent goes up every year but I don't need one because I'm not retarded.

inb4 "still renting lol"
>>
>>74264206

>Raise minimum wage more
>Supports basic income

I'd be surprised if your high school lets you walk for graduation next month, because you obviously failed economics
>>
>>74264411

People think min wage only raises for people making min wage. It's not true at all. If min wage was 8$/hour and you're making 9$/hour, when min wage raises to 9$/hour -- do you think you're gonna be okay with making min wage when you've been making more than that given your experience affords you a slightly higher wage than min wage? If you're making 5 bucks an hour over min wage, are you gonna not going to ask for a raise when min wage is 10 or 15 bucks an hour? It affects all costs.

Only ignorant people see this as blaming min wage workers for the price increase. Every service the retailer uses will be higher because min wage went up. Everyone they do business with will raise their prices accordingly whether they have min wage workers or not. Why can't people understand this?
>>
good

maybe fast food will be priced up high enough that people stop getting so fucking fat on it
>>
>>74258707
>Be unskilled worker.
>Get a raise from $10/hour to $15/hour.
>Ten other people get the same, so does the second and third shift.
>There are 30 people getting paid an extra $5/hour, all working 8-hour shifts.
>That's $1200 a day, $36,000 per month.
>Some dickhead complains because we tell our customers.

Fuck you, dude.
>>
>>74264783

Also, companies try to conceit their cost structure from competition.
If you read the sign, it says "to support" the minimum wage increase. It never says that the increase covers it by 100%.
>>
File: 1462311872490.gif (4 MB, 480x427) Image search: [Google]
1462311872490.gif
4 MB, 480x427
>>74258707
Hey retard, they had to raise prices because they raised the minimum wage. That's not demonizing anyone, it's stating a fact. I'm sorry that you feel oppressed by reality.
>>
>>74265496
What does this have to do with what I was saying.

I agree that worker wages have costs. So do executive wages. The only difference is that executive wages are fucking ridiculous, while worker wages are attempting to reach liveable.

Why focus on the wages that are trying to become reasonable and ignore the wages that are exorbitant? The answer to that is obvious. They don't want you indignant at crazy assholes who actively lie to you and kill you with their shitty products. They want you indignant at regular folks just trying to make a living; that way, you'll forget about how absurd their whole existence even is.
>>
>>74261602
The ceos and owners can do what they want. They own the fucking company. If they want to shut it down and put thousands out of work and run with the profits they can do it if they want. I'd wager to say it's kind of them not to. If you had some shiny object and someone said "hey give me some of that" you'd tell them to fuck off
>>
File: 1459961559954.gif (1 MB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
1459961559954.gif
1 MB, 191x200
>>74261525
>I'll pay 50 cents more so that employees can make 50 cents more
>I don't understand economics
I wonder how you'll feel when you are paying 5-7 dollars more for products to fund an inflated income, oh and you can go ahead and throw that into most of your other typical costs of living as well, especially when you realize that it's not even benefiting the workers as they too will see an inflated cost of living, you brain dead faggot.
>>
>>74258707
Well when because of being paid better, they don't qualify for section 8 or food stamps, then I make my money back by not being taxed. And I can choose whether or not to buy KFC food or not unlike paying taxes.
>>
>>74265661
>conceit

*conceal
>>
>>74265737
Nigger what are you talking about? The sign explicitly says that they are raising the price in order to pay for the increase in wages. Anon (and me, and every other decent person) thinks "fine; I'll pay an extra .50 for this trash poison food so that they guy can exist"
>>
Am I the only person on /pol/ who would rather pay 50 cents more for their fast food meal than pay higher taxes to support the food stamps and medicare for workers who are paid $7.50 an hour?
>>
>>74265938
I make enough money that .50 is a non issue. It seems that's it's the principle of the thing.

Also, if you raise the price of fast food by .50 then the people that predominantly eat fast food (i.e. poor people) will pay .50 more for it. They're cost of living has already gone up in direct response to their increase in income. That's an immediate increase.

Slippery slope and all that. I don't know, I'm still sleepy.
>>
>>74261730
intrigued to know more
>>
>>74261730
What do you sell anon?
>>
File: help_0.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
help_0.gif
2 MB, 400x267
>>74264841
He's illegally importing and selling cheap goods from China, it's great until the port authority finds him
>>
>>74265879
>I dont comprehend basic economics but other people who disagree are niggers
Yeah, and the minimum wage isn't 15 and hour yet you moron, 50 cent price raise for a 50 cent wage raise is just the beginning, especially when it's not going to change anything aside from raising cost of living. You really need to stop correlating higher number with more wealth, it makes your stupidity obvious.
>>
>>74264411

Bit of an exaggeration, but they need to make that much. They're running a fucking company, and thinking on a whole new level compared to your average autopilot worker. I understand why you're jealous, but most of these CEOs work from 6am-10pm and are on call 24/7 every day of the year. Not to mention their work literally, not figuratively, adds that much more value to the company.
>>
>>74261730
>>74266332
>>74266369
You three, see this:

>>74266375
>>
>>74266381
What are you talking about? When did I ever suggest any of the things you are talking about?

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT, FAGGOT?
>>
>>74266491
They're running a shitty company shittily. They should be strung up, not rewarded. And no, they don't need to make that much. For what reason do they need to make that much?

KFC shouldn't even exist.
>>
File: 1463162684141.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1463162684141.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
>>74266516
Wow, I lost you that fast, you are worse off then I thought

What the fuck happened to education in this country....
>>
>>74260443
what is this picture from?
>>
I've seen signs complaining about card fees that were, frankly, insulting to my intelligence. Anytime you see one call in and complain.
>>
>>74266635
It's strikes me that you are just inferring a bunch of shit I never said or was even talking about.
>>
>>74266375
You sure that's illegal? You just have to pay import taxes...
>>
>>74261730

Most companies start off in garages like this but people should know lots of businesses also fail because it's hard to compete with companies in china that ship from china. Unless people are hard up on getting an item within a few days rather than a few weeks. People will go with the item shipped from china that costs less. People also don't know how much amazon/ebay charges in fees. It all factors into higher prices.

You still have to pack items, print shipping label, take them to the post office (most small garage operations don't have UPS/Fedex account pickup). I guess you can get the USPS to do pickups but i believe even they may charge.

Lots of companies small operations like these go under when there just isn't enough people buying from them.
>>
>>74266624

He's running an international organization consisting of multiple companies. I'm sorry you don't understand the scope of that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum!_Brands
>>
File: 1459130775737.gif (498 KB, 278x172) Image search: [Google]
1459130775737.gif
498 KB, 278x172
>>74266679
It strikes me that you simply don't understand the relevance.

Can someone just nuke us please? If faggots like anon are our future, we simply have no future.
>>
>>74266375
its not illegal to order goods from overseas.
people do it all the time.
>>
>>74267091
Who is "he"?

You think there is only one guy? And that guy is the only guy who makes way more money than he deserves?

He's running a company that produces garbage food with immoral methods at a ridiculous mark-up. It shouldn't even exist were we actually "voting with our dollars" (what we are actually doing is mindless consumption, and while I know you Trump idiots vote similarly mindlessly, the rest of us take our actual votes more seriously than buying a chicken sandwich.)

>>74267125
Well, it strikes me that you can't explain the relevance, because what I said was true. You were just inferring a bunch of shit because you are a premature ejaculator in lots of aspects of your life, not just the one.
>>
>>74264206
Welfare niggers and white trash instantly prove that image wrong. They destroy their communities, grow fat and develop substance abuse issues, and they're usually the angriest people you will ever meet.
>>
>>74267395

>There's a market for cheap convenient food
>They're shouldn't be companies producing cheap convenient food

This shit is why you're poor. You need to think on a different level.
>>
>>74258707
I work in a fast foods distribution chain for a large qsr

said qsr pays $.60 for a fully packaged and bagged hamburger

said qsr charges customer $1.29 for the hamburger
>>
>>74260835

It's more than 50 cents. The price of every business goes up and it adds up.
>>
>>74261555
You really think your trades job is safe because you assume people wouldn't hire a migrant? You're just as retarded as the burger flippers you bash.
>>
>>74261525

You're the reason why your country is a shithole.
>>
>>74267829
lol
Right, there shouldn't be a market for people producing products that ultimately hurt us (our health, our environment, our morality).

Look, I'm not a free market devotee, you stupid faggot. I'm not a slave to your idiotic doctrines that think poison factories should exist because there is a "market" for it.

These markets are largely manufactured by our own suggestibility as humans anyway. The existence of a market doesn't imply that it should exist.
>>
>>74261429

Why would a company willingly allow for a union, anyway? Isn't a Union basically workers calling the shots at your company and you have little say in how long they work or even firing them if you want to? Seems like one big penalty against the company.
>>
>>74264567
>>74264648
Fat fucks detected.
Protip: You won't get fat if you don't eat the entire family meal by yourself in one sitting after a hard day of office "work" and video games.
>>
>fucking welfare trash

>fucking workers wanting to earn enough money to not need welfare

make up your minds conservatives
>>
>>74268106
lol
no u

good response, you fat piece of garbage.

one of us thinks KFC shouldn't exist. hint: he's not the fat one.
>>
>>74267836
Of course they do, what do you expect? A 10 cent profit margin?
>>
>>74268197
overheads are not as oppressive as some would have you believe
>>
In bourgeois society, surplus value is acquired by the capitalist in the form of profit: the capitalist owns the means of production as Private Property, so the workers have no choice but to sell their labour-power to the capitalists in order to live.
>>
>>74266624

They

1. can affect the success of companies greatly
2. are usually exceptional individuals not easyly replaced
3. carry the risks of running a business infinitely more than your average minimum wage worker.

List goes on. CEO's job isn't as easy and greener grass as it from seems to be from your perspective. This affects their salary.
>>
>>74268195
Except I'm not wrong. Food doesn't make you fat, eating too much and being lazy makes you fat. Calories in calories out. It's a scientific fact.
Stay fat and mad, retard.
>>
>>74268336
I know. Doesn't mean I have to sell a burger for $0.70 if the costumers is both willing and able to buy them for $1. If it would be profitable to sell them at a lower price, some company would do so in order to lure people into their locations.
>>
>>74268693
>food doesn't make you fat

>calories in calories out

>he doesn't know that food contains calories

look, you have a beer guy, you fat piece of shit
>>
>>74258707
>labor % at a KFC runs the high end of 18% at dinner time
>minimum wage increases 20%
>menu prices go up 20%
in the neo trump era right wingers cant into math to save their degenerate lives
>>
>>74258707
Their profits are so ridiculous and they're making the consumer pay more with no increase in quality of the product or decrease in their profit margins. People will just go to cafes, restaurants, or alternative chains, and they'll end up losing money.
>>
>>74268195
>Ban assault food!
Lardass logic.
>>
>>74268693
look breh
I'm a whole foods, plant-based vegan

I couldn't get fat if I tried because I simply can't eat that much.

You're over here severely overweight posting on r/fatlogic, but you think you're good because you dont' lie about it.

You're still fat, and nobody cares if you hate fat people too.
>>
>>74260443
Plz no, i don't want to touch these greased screens.
>>
>>74258707
I have no sympathy for modern fast food workers, they want pay increase but when they start to lose their welfare benefits because higher pay they request less hours to work.
>>
>>74267395
>My retardation is everyone else's problem
Like I said nigger, just because you lack the capacity to understand why what I said is relevant doesn't mean it's any less relevant. It just means you are simple, but that means you should probably keep your opinions on such matters to yourself, I can't explain anything any clearer, it's pretty straight forward, even for an autist. Raising the dollar number some makes on a piece of paper, does not always increase the wealth of that person, especially not if the number on a paycheck being higher is matched by goods and services typically rendered also increase on cost to match the higher number on the pay check. It's a lose lose, and that's the most autist friendly way I can put it, if you still don't understand then you are a lost cause.
>>
>>74268852
Look, what you idiots don't understand is that when you place more obstacles in front of people, more will fail

I understand muh personal responsibility and all, but since I don't have to worry about myself in that regard, I have to look at numbers. And what affects numbers isn't personal responsibility.

We aren't in the midst of an obesity epidimic because of a drastic downturn in personal responsibility. We are here because of an uptick in shitty food.

They benefit; we suffer. And not me from being fat, but me from having to look at fatties.
>>
>>74268701
also doesn't mean you should pay the people who work for you the absolute least amount you can

a qsr in the right location literally prints money

some people are of the opinion that employees are faceless numbers on paper... my company doesn't and pays us all very well for what we do. A guy who stacks boxes all day is making 25 an hour... the company could get people to do the exact same job for min wage but they don't
>>
>>74268957
The problem with all of this is that you still can't explain how it relates to anything I said.

And you can't because it doesn't. You just wanted to get your nut off, and didn't care if it made any sense in context

good for you, you stupid faggot
>>
>>74268769
>Too mad to type properly
Good job.
>>
>>74261602

People have to be able to afford to live.

You get enough angry people starving in the streets and you get flash mobs of Bernie supporters attacking and spitting and making executive orders on everyone who doesnt agree.

All they need is a little more push and they will take over America. Lets not give it to them.
>>
>>74258707

Fuck off idiot this is basic business, the minimum wage increases the price of everything goes up because the extra cost is passed onto the consumer. You're a fucking idiot the greedy CEOs and the corporate heads aren't going to take a 50c paycut just so you can spend less on shitty fast food. They didn't get to the top by being kind caring warm people who were loose with profits.
>>
>>74269168
>whew; good thing he made a typo

aren't you lucky
>>
>>74258707
>prices have increased to pay the hundred thousand & million dollar salaries of corporate executives to these billion dollar multi-national companies
nice meme fucktard
doesn't happen. $5million over $5billion revenue is .1%, literally not measurable
and that's for the 500th highest fortune 500 company. ratio would get lower as revenues increase
and if you're mad, why don't you petition the SEC? it's all their fault anyway for forcing disclosure of executive salaries
who would've thought more information would increase competition?
my high school econ teacher, that's who
>>
>>74269051
>the company could get people to do the exact same job for min wage but they don't
Then it's a nice company, good for you and your coworkers. I assume you have a low exchange rate and little sick leave.
>>
>>74269319
our benefits have declined in recent year but are still superior to most of the rest of the industry

its a private company... no share holders to appease
>>
File: 1463414075914.jpg (80 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1463414075914.jpg
80 KB, 720x960
>>74260835
I imagine a year ago you were one of the imbeciles who incessantly professed that "there would be no change in the price of goods and services with an increase to the minimum wage". You probably thought that with the passage of the ACA "you could keep your plan if you liked it" as well. It's absolutely disgusting to witness the mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance of the left.

kys
>>
>>74258707
>I asked the folks at this KFC if this sign was standard procedure and why hadn't they put up signs explaining price increases in the past?

Because price differences on the supply side are to be expected. That's not what this is. They want to remind people that big government costs money.
>>
>>74260289
>people unironically believe this
Look, there are people who are intentionally lazy, but equating our political system with the economic structure of capitalism alone is why we are seeing such a decline in the west. Blaming the people and not the service providers is exactly how you get people calling for processes that won't work, like socialism or communism.
If capitalism is going to survive, it needs to stop sending us into recessions and depressions and then blaming the workers for asking for living wages.
>>
>>74258707

Idiot, the only people who will get fucked by the increase in minimum wage are the poor folks and customers.
Some companies will not be able to afford paying new minimal wage and thus will fire alot of people.
And those who will be able to pay it, will simply make their products more expensive and thus all of the customers will pay for it.

The rule of thumb is that almost all taxes are transferred onto the customer.
>>
>>74260357
>10% increase
>exuberantly expensive
>>
File: 1462232187023.jpg (118 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
1462232187023.jpg
118 KB, 600x927
>>74269279
It wasn't even a coherent sentence.
You seem to be getting assravaged by multiple anons anyway, so I'll just watch until you ragequit or have a stroke.
>>
FUCK THE WORKERS I WANT ROBOTS

Can't ever get my order right at the current wage, why the hell would we raise it ?

Fuck these people and the companies they work for too. pushing this garbage
>>
>>74269718
it was literally a typo, holmes

you have a beer gut, you fat piece of shit
>>
>>74258707
Niggers BTFO.

>:da fuck I need a hia minmum wage fo? I aint got no job!!
>>
>>74269718
oh, you didn't understand what the typo was?
>>
>>74269720

And another thing... HAND WASHING

Pay money for dirty nigger commies making sandwiches w/o gloves on?

Fuck you and fuck them too
>>
>>74258707
Ppl who eat at kfc should have to pay a stupidity tax on top of every other charge
>>
File: 1461871938412.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1461871938412.jpg
247 KB, 1224x1445
>>74269110
>muh decent person
>I am so smart, I will pay extra moneez so Dat peepole can keep their jawbz
>but anon, the extra money you are paying isn't helping anyone keep their job, it is simply incurring an increased of cost of living across the board, this will match the the inflated false wage increase either way and no one benefits from it
>Dat is ureluvaaant! U r stoopid, it strikes me Dat u r unable to show me how dis matturs.

Repeat after me: Lost. Cause.
>>
>>74262006
This.

I went from managing a fastfood joint to working in a warehouse. Learned the business, and now work as an account executive and make over 70k a year.
>>
>>74269998
top post, m8

next time, wait until it makes sense. you would disappoint a lady something awful if she could stand your grease smell and fatness
>>
>>74269028
>implying people not cooking their own meals is a corporation's fault

Nigga you don't need to eat that shit, poor people don't need to eat that shit. Go to a supermarket, ten pounds of potatoes and ten pounds of onions will not run you more than $20. That's two weeks worth of food at least. McDonald and all that crap existing is not at fault for people making shitty lazy choices and getting fat. It actually is the individuals fault because no one forces anyone to eat garbage. You have tons of affordable healthy food but you choose fast food because you're lazy. That's your fault.
>>
File: 1024.jpg (74 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1024.jpg
74 KB, 501x585
>>74258707
>raise the minimum wage goy
>but keep prices cheap goy

Spoken like somebody who's never worked a real job in their life.
>>
>>74268023

KFC isnt poison when consumed in moderation.

If you hate the US so much, why don't you move? It's not going to change and you have no endgame.
>>
>>74266674
What's wrong with passing the card fee onto the consumer?

If you choose to pay in a way that costs the merchant more money, why shouldn't they force you to pay more?
Flat fee + percentage of the transaction adds up fast.
>>
>>74268023
so edgy
so authoritarian
>>
>>74269998
its not that linear you fucking sperg lord there are thousands of variables that your pathetic little mind cant even comprehend
>>
>>74270106
But they do eat that shit. And I'm not dumb enough to believe that what has changed is something fundamental about human nature. We were always stupid and obscenely open to suggestion.

What has changed is the suggestions to which we are responding.

Since I know that we can't change humankind's endemic stupidity and susceptibility to oft repeated ideas, what we need to do is change the ideas.
>>
File: 1462297164057.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462297164057.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>74270092
>I don't have anything to counter what you said, have a random insult so I can pretend I didn't jest get BTFO

Come back when you have something better than that, your game is weak, just tuck tail and walk away, before you make yourself look even more retarded.
>>
>>74258707
>eating kfc
>>
>>74270249
While that's a lovely post and all, it doesn't actually address any of the things that I said

Indeed, all it does is repeat what I said, which is that I'm not a free market devotee.

The idea that you think that is an insult is stupid beyond belief
>>
The real issue here is that we tax income and not land use
>>
File: image_2.png (128 KB, 1160x420) Image search: [Google]
image_2.png
128 KB, 1160x420
>>
>>74270282
Sory m8
I can't compete with all of your ultra clever images
>>
>>74258707
>explaining that prices have increased to pay the hundred thousand & million dollar salaries of corporate executives
That's because they don't. The CEO of McDonalds made $9.5m in 2013, the most recent year I easily find. If his pay were slashed to $0, it would reduce the price of a Big Mac by about $0.001, or one-tenth of one cent.

Raising the salary of several hundred thousand employees by a few dollars is more significant than what a couple executives can do. McDonald's officially estimated they have approximately 760,000 employees in the US in 2013. If we assume something like 700,000 work as regular employees making at or near minimum wage ($7.25) and work 30 hours per week, this would equal $7.917b in total salary. The official estimate in total salary across all positions from McDonald's is a little higher, numbers varying based on which report or article I read. If we were to raise the minimum wage to $10/hr, their total salary would go up to $10.92b, for a net increase of about $3,000,000,000. McDonald's would have to increase the cost of their Big Mac by about $0.50 (and all other products by a comparable percent) to compensate for the increased salaries.

Increasing the compensation of a single person by a couple million per year has a much smaller effect than increasing the salary of several hundred thousand people by a couple dollars per hour.

The restaurant isn't shaming the poor; it's informing the poor. Prices went up as a direct result of governments decision to make salaries go up. Soon, Wendy's will have signs stating employees have been replaced by kiosks due to higher minimum wages.

This doesn't shame the poor; it shames government.
>>
>>74260835
>double
Even if the 50 cents went DIRECTLY to the employee (It doesn't) that's not exactly double.
>>
1. $0.50 is way more than they needed to raise to compensate the minimum wage increase. This is one of the most popular menu items.

2. The $5 Fill-Up is also a kind of "signature menu item" on the official KFC website. They could have upped the price on literally any other menu item without raising a stir, but instead they up the price on the one item whose official name and nationwide advertising is that it costs $5. This is deliberately provocative.

If the national office tolerates this local franchise doing this (as I'm sure it has been reported to them by now), then fuck KFC.
>>
>>74270395
Are you insane?
If I have the money to buy 20,000 sqft. of land, I shouldn't have to pay taxes because of that.
>>
>>74269901
You're gonna eat the food with the same hands that touched the dirty money, so who cares?
>>
>>74260206
>automate fast food
>someone puts all that equipment in a vending machine set-up
>restaurant that jumped on the automated jew bandwagon have no point of differentiation but higher land and facility costs
>fast food restaurants die

Good end.
>>
>>74270274
> humankind's endemic stupidity

what ever it takes to make you feel better about yourself right?
>>
>>74260206
Drive-through fast food attendants fucked up my orders so much that I'd actually prefer to order on a machine and pay 1$ extra per meal than dealing with those low IQ losers
>>
>>74258707
The reasons that signs are put out for price hikes due to higher employment costs caused by the minimum wage is that this is an uncessary increase in the cost of production of their products.

If the cost of Gas changes or the cost of electricity changes, then those change in large part due to the cost of producing them, not because of government interference.

The plebs need to understand that when you vote for higher min wage you vote for prices of things to go up as a response and that just makes your life more expensive and doesn't solve the problem which is that the poor don't have much money, because increases in wages are eliminated by increased living costs.
>>
>>74258707
>a fucking one post thread, again

Come on, faggots
>>
>>74270495
whatever it takes to avoid addressing the content, right?

look, m8, if you can't respond then don't. it's fine; we both know anyway.
>>
>>74260206
>>poor, underpaid workers
>>can literally be replaced tomorrow by a retarded ATM that sells burgers
>They're lucky that anyone pays them money to do anything at all.
Automation is an eventuality, not a consequence of high wages. This will happen. What will we do then?
>>
>>74260956
>>74261980

Have you worked in fast food or seen it be prepped? It's essentially just an assemblyline with food, the "cooks" aren't doing anything but moving food items from one station to another.

The chefs could most definitely be replaced with machines
>>
>>74270575
>argue against my sweeping generalizations
>>
>>74267016
>a few days rather than a few weeks. People will go with the item shipped from china that costs less.

What?

It's always weeks to get shit shipped from China.
>>
>>74270674
>look, m8, if you can't respond then don't. it's fine; we both know anyway.
>>
>>74267016
I'd also say most small companies fail because they're offering the same shit dozens of other companies offer
>>
>>74270273
Okay faggot, explain to me how what I already described will not happen if we throw out a blanket increase of a number value without adding any actual spending power increase behind the money they make, please explain to me how this will not just lead to more inflation and raise the cost of living to match the arbitrary value increase. Hell, give me one direct long term benefit of doing this at all.
>>
>>74270497
Get a marmitex, João. Where the fuck are you going to put your drink on a moto anyway?
>>
>>74260443
>where those minimum wage laws get passed.

Machines cost cents to run and maintenance costs are minimal. They are cheaper than workers at any wage rate. A business is not going to take the less profitable option then suddenly decide to change when the cost of their bad decision increases.

If a job can be automated, it will be automated, no matter the other considerations.
>>
>>74258707
>What makes this so offensive is that you never see signs explaining that prices have increased to pay the hundred thousand & million dollar salaries of corporate executives to these billion dollar multi-national companies..

Liberals whine about this, but will still get their daily Starbucks.

Starbucks' CEO gets $10 million a year, ~454 times as much as a barista
>>
>>74261864
>Being so much of a peasant minded highschool dropout that you don't know how to make a living without sucking up to giant corporate machine.

You are free to do anything you want. Like start your own business, and in America it costs nothing especially if you have a smart phone already... which they do.

>hardworking immigrants do fine
>drug addled highschool dropout 2nd generation of illegal immigrant parents cant find jobs
>lazy, white overeducated millennials with feminism degrees cant find work.

There truly is justice in the market.
>>
I hope that at least the right-wingers so busily cranking out propaganda like this are getting paid for it.

That would explain why you don't see any coming from the left.
>>
>>74270656

I have, my colleagues used to jam their fingers up eachothers asses before they started work like a prank. I think the japs call it kancho or something. Whenever we got a nigger at the drivethrough we'd just give them all the old burgers that hadn't sold at lunch / dinner lol.

Machines should definitely be introduced to save people having to work in those dreamless shitholes.
>>
>>74260616
Can confirm.
The company I work for does the software for digital kiosks and the owners are known supporters and lobbyists for higher minimum wages.
>>
>>74260289
>America is a business. Every employee voluntarily..
I thank god every day that I was born on the non retarded side of the 49th.
>>
>>74258707
>designed to demonize poor, underpaid workers

It's stating facts.

Facts aren't there to demonise poor people
>>
File: 499653.png (16 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
499653.png
16 KB, 600x315
>>74270743
i'm not going to pretend to be an economist because you are. I know enough to know what i don't.

You on the other hand watched some youtube doc and listened to a podcast and now think your Adam Smith reincarnate
>>
>>74270656
You too. What are you going to do when automation is a reality? And what do you suggest workers do until then, compete with machines until they're making a dollar an hour, then get replaced by machines anyway?
>>
>>74258707
>KFC can't afford to pay it's workers
>Those poor, poor executives
Oh wait, what's this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum!_Brands
“Yum! Brands, Inc., or Yum! and formerly Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc., is an American fast food company. A Fortune 500 corporation”
“Based in Louisville, Kentucky, it is one of the world's largest fast food restaurant companies in terms of system units—more than 42,600 restaurants around the world in over 130 countries.[1] In 2015, Yum!'s global sales totaled more than US$13 billion.”

Hmm…interesting.

CEO:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Creed
http://executives.findthecompany.com/l/40946/Mr-Greg-Creed
>Total Annual Comp.: $4,973,503

Omg what is he, made out of money? These fucking greedy fucking parasites! How dare they want higher wages!? Yum! will go broke‼
>>
>>74260289
>America is a business.
Allo? Britannia? I wish to givings you many thanks for subjugate in past. God saves ze Queen!
- With many loves from peoples in Quebec.
>>
>>74271122
They have a fiduciary responsibility to squeeze every ounce of profit for the non productive shareholders
>>
>>74270915
>Machines should definitely be introduced to save people having to work in those dreamless shitholes.
You ungrateful dick. First you fuck with the food, then you have the nerve to take the money.
>>
>>74270274
If stupid people can't stop eating poison, then they deserve to be poisoned. I don't care. I can tolerate the existence of fast food because of the convenience during travel. If morons want to die from eating that shit every day, I'm not going to stop them. With your logic we'll have to prohibit alcohol because stupid people can't fucking stop abusing their livers. Sorry buddy but people with self contol can handle that shit and you shouldn't deprive them just to stop morons from hurting themselves. They'll hurt themselves anyway.
>>
>>74260443
they dont let you use your Student Card ;__;

Plus you need some human aspect for quality control,
>>
File: 1431029898613.jpg (20 KB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
1431029898613.jpg
20 KB, 250x270
>>74261602
>CEOs
The vast majority of Fast food outlets are under the watch of corporate CEO's, they are franchised out to whomever. Corporate charges them a fixed amount for the rights to use their brand name. Annually, it could be anywhere from $50,000 to well into the millions depending on how many stores the franchise owns and operates. It's the franchisee's profit margin that is going to get skimmed by a Minimum wage hike. Franchisee's do not have a multi-billion dollar fortune. Each store they own Probably rakes somewhere in range of $20,000 to $60,000 per year depending on the brand, store location and so on. That's enough to make it worth doing but again, they are not exactly swimming in dough and they are person who gets hurt by a hike in overhead and if the overhead is too steep they'll have to give the store back to corporate.

Granted, If you were to ask me, I'd say the deserve to end up broke for being stupid enough to even getting into franchising in the first place.
>>
>>74270870
>That would explain why you don't see any coming from the left.

Every protest you see is from the Left
>>
>>74271122
Aren't the restaurants mainly franchise locations? They have to raise the price to survive, as they also have to pay money to the holding.
>>
LOL MORE THAN HALF OF AMERICAN ADULTS MAKE LESS THAN $30,000 A YEAR. MINIMUM WAGE IN AMERICA IS MUCH MORE THAN FAST FOOD.
>>
>>74271314
in the right spot they make millions don't be fooled by the poor old franchise owner meme
>>
>>74271412
source: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-21/goodbye-middle-class-51-all-american-workers-make-less-30000-year
>>
>>74271293
Well I do care. I would much rather regular people flourish than some sociopathic corporation that commits atrocities on a regular basis, compromises the nation's health (and wealth because of this) and moral standing, and lies and obfuscates just to trick people into buying shit

People are flawed, but a corporation like this is disgusting by design. Why should I abide that?
>>
>>74261980
>Is anyone going to acknowledge this?? What about the chefs living on minimum wage?

Don't worry, it's their turn soon. Fast food is extremely simple to prepare. It's 99% reheating and assembling prepackaged and frozen ingredients. Easily done by machines.

>http://www.gizmag.com/hamburger-machine/25159/
>>
>>74270471
This is an idea that has been around for a very long time.... read this, explains far better than i can

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_value_tax
>>
>>74271047

My job(s) are not currently up for replacement. First is financial analysis and consulting, and people still want a human face for that, plus computers can't wine and dine a client to keep their business and trust.

Second job is infantry platoon commander. Which will never be replaced, by its very nature it is a human leading humans

What do I suggest others do? Get fucked, it's not my problem
>>
>>74260956
>Still need the cooks.
Not for much longer. It's being worked on right now.
>>
>>74271293
>I don't give a fug about the species
>let the cretins breed out of control and feed on garbage
>no way does that make the country fucking suck for the rest of us
>>
>>74269552
I think you missed the joke
>>
>>74271323
People organizing to protest?

I don't see anybody photoshopping a "Trump 2016" onto dumb photos.
>>
>>74271344
>Aren't the restaurants mainly franchise locations?
Of course they are. But why does cash only flow in one direction? Hmmm?? Greg Cook sure does get rich off of money flowing out of those restaurants to him personally. But god forbid he not live an exorbitant lifestyle so other people can fucking survive.
>>
why are fast food employees all fat minorities these days and not young people getting job experience?
>>
>>74265701
so we should make them fire their CEO and spread the millions around?

have you done that calculation?
>>
is this a troll? food is very low margin. Imagine how hard it must be to set up and hire an entire staff for a place, so predominantly fat retard fucks come in at odd hours to buy strange, digusting food.
>>
>>74271215
You may wish to see this thread: boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/74248924 They're claiming /pol/ doesn't make excuses for the rich.
>>
>>74271412
>>74271459
Is it minimum wage or just lack of hours?
>>
>>74271575
I would trust a robot over some slime ball jew in a pin stripe suite
>>
I'm kind of conflicted. Goldstein playing victim over an increase in a minimum wage so he gets one million less out of his hundreds of millions vs entitled niggers thinking they need $15/hr to drop a fryer. Which is worse?
>>
>>74270469
>$0.50 is way more than they needed to raise to compensate the minimum wage increase. This is one of the most popular menu items.
If the wages of the employees at this location were raised from ~$7.25 to $10 per hour, then 50 cents is almost exactly what they needed to raise the price by to compensate.
>>
>>74271734
>is this a troll?

OP does have just one post, so yeah
>>
>>74271717
I wasn't talking about just a CEO
CEO stands for CHIEF executive, which itself implies the existence of other executives who aren't the chief executive.
>>
>>74271673
Assembly plants moving overseas, no way to pay for college, no place in college because of foreign students and third world immigrants, no trade or field labor work because of illegal immigrants.

We got a world of problems imho senpai
>>
>>74271122

Dividing his whole paycheck out to all the other employees wouldn't even equal a 1 cent per hour raise. Learn to math, you fucking retard.
>>
File: nowholdonherem8.jpg (17 KB, 225x240) Image search: [Google]
nowholdonherem8.jpg
17 KB, 225x240
>>74258707

>increase price of fill up
>less people buy fill up
>make less profit
>can't even afford to pay original wages

Didn't really think that one through, did you?
>>
File: marxism.png (41 KB, 759x599) Image search: [Google]
marxism.png
41 KB, 759x599
>>74268600
>>
File: 1455916826528.jpg (228 KB, 1022x862) Image search: [Google]
1455916826528.jpg
228 KB, 1022x862
>>74260289

I think it's silly to think that low wage employees, at least in the current market, have much negotiating power. Eliminate corporate welfare and price floors before we expect to see something like wage negotiation coming back.

I don't agree with liberals whining for a $69345345 dollar minimum wage, but I also dislike the mainstream conservative attitude of "everything is fine negotiate your wages lazy fucks lol."
>>
>>74272011
>increase price of fill up
>less people buy fill up

prove it
>>
>>74271656
Why bother with a franchise, why not open your own new store.

Every place started small then expanded.
>>
>49 cent price increase
I'm okay with this
>>
>>74270395
States tax land value. Have you never heard of a property tax?

Most economists will tell you a consumption tax is the best way to raise revenue as government with minimal interference in the market. It should come as no surprise that states receive most of their revenue from a form of consumption tax, the sales tax.
>>
>>74270441
good post
>>
>>74271429
>in the right spot they make millions don't be fooled by the poor old franchise owner meme
Most of the stores that make millions also cost Millions to run because they have to pay a shitload of rent for said's store busy location

I would know. I used to work for an accounting firm that specialized in helping restaurants.

I had a couple of guys who would take home 6 to 8 million a year, but their franchise owned 30 stores when I started and bought up an additional two or more each year. They were one of more successful clients. The vast majority of them made 'Meh' Money. Not really phenomenal but enough to make it worth doing. For every one very successful franchisee, we had two who completely failed because they had no fucking clue how to run a business in the first place

Trust me, I have no sympathy for Franchise owners. I think each and every last one of them is completely retarded for buying into the scheme in the first place but I'm not going to hesitate to shed light on the topic
>>
>>74272076
When was the last time you went to KFC or any fast food?

I haven't been any in a month or so.

Or you could just compare Q4 2015 to Q1 2016 and wait for Q2 2016 to compare.
>>
>>74271575
You should go on vacation in South America or North Africa. You'll see how tall you have to build your walls, and how much broken glass, razorwire, and electric fence is necessary to keep out all those people that you don't personally give a shit about. And remember, no matter what you do, they take over from time to time and your government will destabilize and your money becomes worthless for a generation or so. Good luck with your anarcho-capitalist dream.
>>
>>74272011
If you can pay $5 for some chicken, you also have the 50 cent extra to spend.
>>
>>74272022
Noam Chomsky had some good things to say about this. It's because of globalism. The unskilled or low-skill labor has been made worthless because the pool to draw from is the entire world. Highly skilled people are secure (for now) while laborers are affected by populations they have no influence over outside of their own (now pretty much arbitrary) borders.
>>
>>74271490
Nobody is fucking tricked into buying fast food you cuck, people know it is shit and buy it anyway. You honestly should be shot you anti freedom commie.
>>
>>74271273

Anyone who eats at McDonalds deserve all the shit that they get. When some soccermom cunt complains that her fries have salt on them you can fucking bet someone spat in her free refill of coke before giving it to her.

Treat the employees like shit the employees treat you like shit.

The only difference is that I got your money for doing so :^)
>>
>>74270469
>They could have upped the price on literally any other menu item without raising a stir, but instead they up the price on the one item whose official name and nationwide advertising is that it costs $5.
How do you know the prices of other items on the menu were not similarly raised by 10%? I would bet they were.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.