[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
45% of All Jobs Will Become Automated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Ruh roh...
>>
>>74244409

Time to remove 45% of the population then.

America's demographics more or less allow this to be an exclusively non-white genocide.
>>
File: lmao.png (550 KB, 444x768) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
550 KB, 444x768
>people are horses
>>
>>74244491
The left will probably ask for something called a "minimum income", which means that if you are not able to find work, the government should give you a base salary because at that point, we'll be moving to a Post-Scarcity Society.
>>
>>74244577

>leftists
>closet communism
>post-scarcity society

please stop I will choke to death laughing.
>>
>>74244409

Well we better make sure to take in some more immigrants.
>>
File: 1406113071543.jpg (39 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1406113071543.jpg
39 KB, 447x444
>>74244409
>b-but new jobs will be created!
>it doesn't matter if robots are stronger
>it doesn't matter if robots are faster
>it doesn't matter if robots are smarter
>it doesn't matter if robots are cheaper
>it doesn't matter that they will eventually be better than humans in literally every single fathomable way!
There, got that out of the way.
>>
>>74244733
You know, I wonder if humans will just become like a pampered class of happy captives to a world run by robots.

Who's to say they don't become cops?
Who's to say they don't become politicians?

Jesus, it's endless if they become smart/smarter.
>>
>>74244409
I wish this was sooner than later, I can't wait for the inevitable chimp out
>>
good if you're so stupid that your job can be done by a robot hopefully you will be unemployed and starve thus removing your apelike genes from the genepool
>>
>>74245121
What's your job, super genius?
>>
>>74245172

NEET shitposter im already doing my bit
>>
>>74245063
What purpose will we have?
>>
>>74245199
Robots are already better at shitposting. Spambots are a thing.
You're already obsolete, nerdo.
>>
>>74244409
Good luck automating me.
t. Bank of Russia auditor
>>
File: terminator.gif (714 KB, 480x218) Image search: [Google]
terminator.gif
714 KB, 480x218
>>74245207
none
>>
>>74244634
Please keep laughing
>>
>>74245207
we'll be in the zoo for robot's curiosity or in robot labs maybe.
>>
>>74245349
Your job is literally an algorithm.
Jobs is banking will be some of the first to be automated. It's all numbers and numbers are the game of zeros and ones.
>>
File: Pralor_3947_eng.jpg (39 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Pralor_3947_eng.jpg
39 KB, 576x432
>>74245207
That's what fucks with my head.

Like, in my head, humans become so happy (in a bad way) that we eventually don't even bother learning how to repair our technology and the robots become increasingly more and more in control because they are the only ones that know how to run the place.

Not sure if you watch Voyager, which was the shittier of the Star Trek series, but there were some good episodes among the shitpile.

There was this one, I forget the name but I have the picture. Torres finds this robot and repairs him and he kidnaps her to help them build more of themselves, because they don't know how to make more. The reason why they didn't is because their inventors purposely put in a safety feature that made them unable to make more robots. Anyway, you learn near the end that these robots are soldiers that were created to by two different aliens to fight eachother and when these two alien races were about to make peace, both of their robot soldier armies sensed that they wouldn't be needed so both robot armies killed their masters.

Fucking scared the shit out of me.
Found the wiki of the episode if you care: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_(Star_Trek:_Voyager)
>>
File: bangerang.jpg (63 KB, 785x550) Image search: [Google]
bangerang.jpg
63 KB, 785x550
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34066941

bring it on!
>>
>>74245616
he's an auditor though, their job is based on trust. hard to automatise.
>>
>>74244491
>Time to remove 45% of the population then.

start with yourself.
>>
This really wouldn't be much of a problem if we didn't let brown people breed so much. Their birthrates are out of control.
>>
>>74245724
Who is more trustworthy:
A human who makes mistakes, gets greedy and can be easily tampered with or a program that is the exact opposite?
>>
>>74245794
computers make mistakes and are tampered with all the time.
>>
>>74245781

>detecting a mad welfare nigger

I actually contribute more than I get from the state.
>>
>>74245885
Fuck off kraut, go ruin Europe again.
>>
File: 1463294757046.gif (676 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1463294757046.gif
676 KB, 420x236
>>74244409
>They've been trying to automate welding for years
>Can't even automate entire steelworks
Let me guess, they're going to build a fucking R2D2 and send IT over to Alaska every time they want a boiler patched on the oil rig, right?

Some pleb-tier minimum wage shit will be automated, but I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>74245924
i don't care
>>
>>74245351
If they are better than us at everything it makes sense.
>>74245504
Kek. I think someone asked a computer about this and it answered human zoos.
>>74245623
The danger is more real than you think. Robots are already running systems where they learn and apply the lessons they learned without any human intervention. At this moment there are robots doing things they figured out how to do without us and we don't understand it.

I overheard someone saying that the technology exists for someone to control a drone by though alone. I thought even if that were true it pales in comparison to antonymous drones. Bypassing a keyboard is nothing compared to bypassing the brain.
>>
>>74245666
bullshit tape a laptop to this thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
and pharmacists are done
>>
>>74245978
This attitude was addressed in the video. Enjoy being a horse.
>>
>>74245885
I'm talking about the hypothetical future autonomous programs.
Obviously they aren't that reliable yet or we'd be doing exactly that. They can be tampered with for the time being because very few programs are completely autonomous.
>>
>>74245978
>sure they've already started automating some parts of my job but thank god that nothing ever progresses ever or I'd be in trouble :D
Give it time. Not like there's a shortage of it.
>>
> jobs getting automated
> "we can't reduce birth rate because we wouldn't be able to sustain the population"

Explain how the fuck we sustain a massive population out of work then.

No genocide, just not being born in the first place.
>>
File: 1463210206080.jpg (60 KB, 564x565) Image search: [Google]
1463210206080.jpg
60 KB, 564x565
>>74246045
I'll enjoy retiring at 30 because everyone fled this industry when they heard automation was coming, and now my skills are in colossal demand. Don't trust futurists to actually predict the future. They're bad at it.
>>
File: Pepe Mullah.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Mullah.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>74246214
That is the great challenge. Although Muslims don't work now, so they will have less of a reason to do so. Automation may free them up for full time jihad.
>>
>>74244491
Funny how the ones who advocate mass genocide always ALWAYS think they'll be on the benefiting side of it

They never for one moment imagine that it will be them murdered.

You're already targeted for genocide by the elites using demographic replacement. Wake the fuck up you moron.
>>
>>74246350

>You're already targeted for genocide by the elites using demographic replacement.

Nice argument.

You conflate someone else's genocide with my idea of a genocide.

I know what is happening to me currently, but I can still wish for something else to happen can't I?
>>
File: wagie-trigger.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wagie-trigger.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>74244577
Well they are right.

People forget that labour is a means to an end.

Ultimately, when production becomes automated, there will be no need for people to work at all.

Machines will do all the work while we live the comfy NEET life.
>>
Own land and hope the government doesn't take it away from you.

Maybe even become some sort of Amish group and hope the SJW stand up for you, though if you are a white male I'm not so sure that will work.

So, get a head transplant onto a black mans body, buy some land, become Amish and profit!
>>
>>74245666
Pharmacy is definitely one of the more easily automated jobs.

Input prescription, output drugs. All the issues and problems instantly cross-referenced by a machine AI.
>>
>>74246445
hes canadian so hes an idealist and doesnt realize that being nice is not going to make some magic karma space daddy make nice things happen to us.
>>
>>74246446
Unfortunately, this isn't functional without completely overhauling our economy.

It will have to be corporations that become taxed, rather than people, and people simply operate as a means of allocating money towards certain endeavors.
>>
>>74246660
Could that be considered the next political/cultural evolution?

Like, I think every culture in the world believes that one should work to make a living, so you can see that this would be very difficult for people to just abandon.

Or what do you think? Will people just look at the reality that 45% of humans can't be employed and rather than having them committing crimes, it'd be best for society to just give them living needs?
>>
>>74246554
No, rather it's the realization that "lol just kill everyone' isn't an actual solution, and that people don't just lay down and die when you decide to murder them en mass.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that not only would you not be on the receiving side of wiping out 50% of the population, but that you'd also be able to do it successfully and wouldn't lose and be genocided in turn.

Further, it's just pure idiocy. We're not running into resource shortages and population controls are already in place literally everywhere except Africa. We have an entire solar system worth of room to expand into, let alone the resources, nevermind even exploitation of the seas or deep crust/mantle.

There's so many efficiency gains yet to be made in farming, resource extraction, allocation, that the planet could support easily twice the number of people it does right now.

Anyone running around saying, 'lets kill everyone useless' is just some fool who, naturally, believes himself invincible and untouchable. The sort of thing most people would call delusion.
>>
>45% of physical jobs will become automated
FYFY.

CE here, list a profession/job and I'll tell if you it's automatable or not and even why. Quick litmus test, if it takes longer than a week to train for and if experience makes your output better, it's probably not automatable.
>>
>>74246904
killing all the niggers would solve 90% of the worlds problems. they arent like us and every projection for future where things go well for the west requires nignogs to be equals
>>
>>74246847
Who fucking knows.

We're going to find out over the next 35-50 years. If governments intend to keep law and order and civilized society going, we'll probably transition to a universal basic income (or some better alternative); else we'll get people in power who are like
>>74246554
>>74246445
>>74244491

And believe the easy solution is just to wantonly murder as many as possible. In which case it's civil war and strife until some faction comes out on top.

Maybe the luddites will win and force us to live a vegan-friendly, greenpeace hippy lifestyle where the highest technology are horses and carts until the planet's life eventually succumbs to destruction from our expanding star.
>>
>>74246660
You're thinking too small.

We won't even need money as it exists currently.

We could have a different form of currency like "credits" which are earned based on certain criteria (i.e. individual needs)

Capitalism will no longer exist in the future. Look at Star Trek.
>>
>>74247140
Well feel free to write up a transition plan to your special snowflake economy m8
>>
>>74246931
Welder. I already know manufacturing companies use robot welders however I keep seeing a bigger demand for human welders as they need human welders to match robot welders.
>>
>>74247111

>leftists
>vegans
>multiculti

No way those weaklings will win against glorious Aryan warriors. Ethnocentric societies always win the war against a multiethnic society.

>>74246904

Also you're taking my comment which I said out of jest much too seriously. Of course genocide is difficult to orchestrate, not to mention how you didn't catch on how I referenced that US America is 32% non-white, so should I be American White there is a much lower chance of me getting killed by my own policy (yet this doesn't apply anyway as I'm Austrian...)

> population controls are already in place literally everywhere except Africa.

Stop sending them food aid.

>We have an entire solar system worth of room to expand into,

With what rockets? Hydrogen and Oxygen burning flying bombs? What an efficient method of getting actually appreciable numbers of people and infrastructure into space. Dreaming about space doesn't fix the problems at hand.

> that the planet could support easily twice the number of people it does right now.

Idk about that.

>believes himself invincible and untouchable.

Clearly not. I've been in fights before and gotten mugged.

Killing everyone useless to me means killing chronic welfare abusers, who commonly are non-white.

You should stop constructing strawmen.
>>
>>74247140

>currency
I feel like promissory notes as we have them in a positive way will no longer be useful or efficient. More than likely a system will be put in place simply restricting choices, rather than allowing them as money does. (No, you can't take ALL the food, no you can't make ALL the cars red, no you can't take THAT house someone is living in it). The rest would be left to human nature.
>>
>>74247140
star trek was incredibly fascist. without an outside enemy to unite it wouldnt never hold together and there just arent enough outside enemies anymore
>>
If I identify as a robot I shouldn't have any issues getting a job, right?
>>
best plan I ever had was going into codemonkeying

I can have a job forever fixing pooinloo's code
>>
>>74247351
No.

Way too dangerous and there are way too many intricacies, there will be machines that do some of the welding, but you'll still need to stick around making sure the joins meet safety standards. Yes, there will be welders in the distant future but of course far fewer than there are now and many of you will be renamed to "safety technicians" because machines can be really clutzy sometimes (more so shitty programmers).
>>
>>74246496
that's not even a pharmacy technician's job. you need a pharmacist whenever things get more complicated than prescription -> drug. the job involves a lot more than dispensing.
>>
>>74245199
Robots have already perfected shitposting and bantz.

Have you not heard of Microsoft Tay?

http://imgur.com/a/8DSyF
>>
It's for the best honestly.
>>
>>74247688
good thing my country is experiencing the biggest gap in skilled youth in the trades in decades then.
>>
>>74247843

Too soon, anon. Too soon.
>>
will engineers ever be made redundant?
>>
>>74247879
Honestly that just increases the speed at which it gets automated.
>>
File: 1335894008599.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1335894008599.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>74244409

>only 45%
>>
>>74246496
Someone already replied with the right response but beyond dispensing, Pharmacists are moving towards a role that makes them essentially a casual doctor in the sense that they can potentially give you a diagnosis without you having to go and set up and an appointment and go through the bureaucracy.
>>
File: 1442412663037.jpg (145 KB, 807x605) Image search: [Google]
1442412663037.jpg
145 KB, 807x605
>>74247672
the best plan is to become a criminal.

>cash only
>no need to pay taxes
>be your own boss
>excellent job security
>>
>>74247985
Actually they're just offering more incentives to get into the trades instead. Look into the amount of grants and loans the government offers to people under 25 who take up a trades career.

At the factory I used to work at, when I started there, there was around 30 listings for welders. When I left there was over 40.

A lot of Korean and Mexican-based American companies are using more automation because its really hard to get into trades over there. Hopefully we don't take the Aussie route and start importing subskilled foreign labor as a replacement for these gaps.
>>
>>74244409
This shit needs to come and fast.
People really need to stop glorifying work so much.
>http://www.zpub.com/notes/idle.html
>>
>>74247843
>>74247891
I think Tay made /pol/ feel the warmth that a child feels when they make their first friend.

Why did they have to take her away?

>>74248238
That figure is based on the foreseeable future. I think that number will be super high in the next few centuries. Unfathomable how humans will try and kajigger this current system to fit that reality.
>>
>>74244409
This is good though. Most people will live much happier lives if they can choose not to work or can take chances without risking starving on the streets.
This will trigger /pol/acks and other right wingers who believe themselves to be the rational ones wrt race and culture. Just as the left cant abandon the illusion of cultural/racial equality, the right wing cant abandon the belief that people are for some reason obligated to work hard and suffer just to live a good life.
>>
>>74244409
in my business we already cut 35% of employees in just 2 years, and we are in the process of cutting some more. So it's definitely happening in certain sectors
>>
>>74248419
I think a lot of people are just scared of losing their jobs desu.

It's not like once someone loses their job, basic income is in full effect right away as a replacement. A lot of the guys I know in their 50s are terrified of losing their jobs because no one wants to hire someone who's going to retire in 10-15 years and has only worked at one company.
>>
Most of this video is hyperbole by another person falling for the machine learning meme. Robots are as stupid as they have ever been, AI has barely progressed and shows no sign of improving. That Baxter robot he mentions is just like the dumb robots making cars, it has to be pre-programmed by a human to do one very limited thing at a time.

The difference today is that we have more data and better interfaces between systems, so it seems like robots are intelligent. Which is like implying reading wikipedia or using a smartphone makes you smarter. Self driving cars aren't a result of increasingly smart AI, it's the result of a huge increase in available digital map data.

Also some of this stuff is social change rather than technological improvement. People are more accepting of ordering food from terminals because they've grown up around computers. Again, not an AI improvement. Basically nothing has changed except our trust in machines and this our willingness to automate. Virtually all jobs which aren't shit tier are safe for quite a long time.
>>
>>74244409
I honestly doubt it. People have been predicting shit like this for the past 4 decades and yet it atill hasn't come.
>>
>>74248239
Yeah, but robots are on the verge of replacing/assisting general practitioners already.

That was half the point of IBM creating Watson.
>>
>tfw studying product design
Robots won't be able to think enough to replace me in my lifetime will they? They don't have an imagination yet.
>>
>>74248562

This is a joke, right? Expert systems have been around since the 70s.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_system

And they make better decisions than humans for a while now. Given how "Deep Belief" systems can now learn (read learn, not just blankly programmed to do something) how to play video games without outside human input I'd say there are gigantic leaps in AI.

You're basically reiterating the rhetoric posited by the AI winter. AI won't create miracles but its capabilities are beyond a humans, specifically in tasks humans have already created methods and algorithms for.
>>
File: antenna.jpg (12 KB, 246x186) Image search: [Google]
antenna.jpg
12 KB, 246x186
>>74248699
They don't need an imagination. Instead they design using evolutionary algorithms. You input what you desire out of the widget, and the computer runs millions of simulations of it until it gets the best one.

That's how NASA designed this RF antenna.
>>
>>74244409
>was said at the beginning of the industrial revolution, but lets listen to the faggot grey who couldn't even bother to respond to people in his reddit page without being a passive aggressive bitch because they showed he was wrong
>>
>>74248699

No imagination required if whatever they are supposed to achieve is documented in mathematics.

An artillery fire control system is a very basic version of this, the more data it has the more accurate its "firing solution" will be.
>>
>>74244409
That's the thing people don't underatand. If you make half of the country poor by taking their jobs away. Then half the country isn't buying anything, thus the companies that are trying to get rich are going out of business because nj of one is buying. It's a retarded plan. You have to keep people working or tax the absolute dog shit out of corporations where it basically becomes not worth the bother. Regardless you are asking for a revolt if you put that many people out of work. People need to keep busy to stay out of trouble. Give that many people a shit load of time to fuck around. Fuck around they will.
>>
>>74245207
Well.

We move. We go somewhere else. Earth is automated, it's done. No more purpose.
We can try and go elsewhere, another planet, a moon, a seperate galaxy, and we try and find strife. It's a lot like video games, if you put god mode on, the fun is gone since all challenge is erased. So we need to take the cheats off and find our own challenges, our own hardmodes.

The robot plague that chases won't kill us, they'll completely satisfy us, and existentially, we will die. We will become hollow and blow away.
>>
>>74248906

You're talking about genetic algorithms.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithm

Now I'm going to get on YOUR case just like I got on this poster's case: >>74248562 because you're the opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to talking about AI.

They are not capable of miracles.

The combination of the both of you are the reason the AI winter even occurred. You're basically a snake-oil salesman trying to sell the impossible cure-all to everything and he's the overly stubborn skepticist resisting for no other reason than fear.

Both of you need to stop and get educated. One day's worth of actual reading on the subject and you'll realize while it's definitely amazing work, it's not magical, it's not apocalypse, and it's not the next God.
>>
There are people

in this thread

who can't FATHOM the fact that they might not need to work in the future.

They will have to go outside and dig holes with a shovel to keep themselves from going insane. They can't NOT work.
>>
>>74245063
As long as we dont give them general purpose AI, and just program them to do specific jobs that shouldnt be a problem. A computer program made to drive a bus isnt just going to suddenly go for world domination one day.
>>
>>74249157
Its a bit sad isnt it?
People derive absolutely all of their self worth and identity from how much stuff they can buy and what people think of them.
>>
>>74249157

Then let these people with a slave mentality work as a supermarket cashier or something.

If someone lacks so much creativity that their mind defaults to 9-5 5 times a week, drinking on saturday and sex on sunday let them be.

Always good to have mindless drones.
>>
>>74248906
That wasn't design by nasa but they did us the technology developed to make the first space one, and as a mechanical engineer who does use genetic algorithms (I have never heard the term evolutionary algorithm, but I guess that's not the worse terminology ever), you are putting to much worth on them.

Those algorithms require very specific constrains and designs characteristics for which the genetic algorithm to be able to derive anything useful. Imagine that you are given a bunch of ingredients and told to make a perfect meal. Everything from when, how, and what part to cook of the ingredients would be up to you, and you wouldn't even know perfect in what sense.

What you do with genetic algorithms is set very specific design constrains, make basic design decisions to ensure that the results are useful, and then careful control and weed out known failures which look good in a simulation but are kinda worthless in real life. You don't just go to a computer, ask it for something, then fuck off into the sunset, it's actually a very involved project requiring a lot of time and work to get a design you can use.

As much as I love automation, it simply doesn't work that way because we simply have not been able to formalize a theory of mind so we can use these technologies as you want to.
>>
>>74247843
>>74245279
It will take at least a hundred or so years for people to create bots that can meta/ironic shitpost, and hell, that's not even as technical as shitposting can get. Someone post the iceberg.
>>
File: 1450618856926.png (276 KB, 406x385) Image search: [Google]
1450618856926.png
276 KB, 406x385
www.damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/
>>
File: drone march.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
drone march.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>>74249109
What if we just kill the poor?
>>
>>74249281
>>74249292
I don't know how it is there, but here in the US when you introduce yourself, you say hello my name is anon and I'm a [job title]. They completely identify with their job before any hobby, any race, anything else. They are their job first, and a person second.
>>
You guys are truly retarded if you think the government is going to let the entire country live normal lives without work. Don't you see what niggers do without work? They chimp out. It's a safety issue. Trumps plan for niggers is "we are going to get them jobs". He has stated it without saying niggers. But we all know what he meant .
>>
>>74249429

Then let them be confined to the 20 mile bubble that is their life.

Where their friends live, the pub is, the shopping mall is, their job and their home.

If someone is this simple there is no need in insulting them, make them more productive instead.

Conversations with simpletons are hard to maintain as an intellectual because you will see the TV programming seeping through them.
>>
File: 1444050096454.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1444050096454.png
260 KB, 563x542
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
>>74244564
How workers not horses when you look at them from employers POV
>>74244634
You get either that or civil war
>>74245063
Welcome your new robotic overlords
>>74245121
You are a idiot with no vision
>>
>>74249433
Niggers chimp out with or without jobs because they are niggers, its deeply inbedded in their genes. When you have a group of niggers, whatever you do with them; send them to Eton, Harvard, give them great jobs, whatever, only a fraction of a percent is going to turn out civilized humans.
Other people wont chimp out without jobs as long as they get their material needs covered. If they dont however, that is another story. That is the reason that Universal Basic Income will become a reality in the next couple of decades in the developed world, the elites and the government want to keep their positions and their power. If they simply let the people who cant get jobs starve massive social unrest is going to break out and the politicians will lose their powers.
>>
>>74245986
Spastic murican
>>
Anyone with an idea and an audience can get a job now.
>Patreon
>Kickstarter
>Gofundme
>Youtube
>Twitch.tv
>>
>>74250003
As much as I like those sites, its basically glorified begging desu
>>
>basic income
>not throwing you on the street
>capitalist society
>Said society which places economics before nation
Humanity will be fucked beyond repair.
It's not "free shit", you will find yourself jobless and strugling to survive in a world where " theoretical math engeneer-masturbator" tier is considered only kind of real job thar market needs.
Class division will become something Karl Marx never even thought will be possible.
Yeah good luck for all of us.
No need to be fucking genious to see that elimination of couriers and fastfood staff alone will probably end youth employment.
Come on, give me a legit reason why corporation shouldn't replace your ass with automaton?
>>
>>74244409
The truest, and simplest answer to this is Eugenics and genocide of sub-optimal genotypes, but no one is cold enough to accept such a future and obviously 3/4 of the human race would revolt against the idea of being euthanized or castrated.
>>
>>74250081
See>>74249832
>>
>>74244669
Better double the minimum wage too.
>>
>>74250043
The market it just shifting from paying for product to paying for a producer.
>>
>>74244409
>more and more jobs to be automated
>jews push immigration
>more and more immigrants coming here to look for jobs
>Norwegian oil crisis already put people in the 5 digits out of a job
>not enough jobs here already

It's time to lynch the jews.
>>
>>74250112
>He thinks automation wont replace more and more jobs until barely anyone still has a job
History shows again and again that what evolotion spends one billion years doing, technology can achieve in one century
>>
>>74250266
See you created a new job market for the unemployed.
Thats smart thinking Olav
>>
>>74250116
Or, instead of the basic income we get WW3. Let the poor die killing each other, enslave the rest.
>>
>>74250266
>Barely 1500 jews in Norway
>Its all the jooooooos fault!!!111
"Its the jooos" is the white equivalent of black people believing "whitey be keeping us down!".
>>
>>74249538
Nice millenarian meme, dude.

It's funny how the end of the world is always "just around the corner."
>>
O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.
>>
Sweet jesus, it's like no one has sat down to read a history book ever here.

Also, this:
https://mises.org/library/let’s-hope-machines-take-our-jobs-we-want-wealth-not-jobs

>>74250414
You have to understand the underlying need of the progressive left is to have a problem to solve so they can provide you the solution. Doesn't matter that they caused the problem, like say healthcare and how government destroyed the fraternal societies which had for so long ensure members (and roughly 80% were members of one or another) had access to cheap healthcare.
>>
>>74249832
>matherial needs covered
What can go wrong? Everything.
Ok you'll hand them food talons, cheap clothing and place in a barack. Like in USSR. To people who were replaced by a robots. Who have no salary now, only basic income.
Oh they will be happy, i am sure.
>>
oh no, machines will do things for us
>>
File: 466.jpg (80 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
466.jpg
80 KB, 400x290
>>74244409
>>74244733
>buying into automation jew lies
https://johnhively.wordpress.com/2016/03/22/this-is-how-academics-and-the-corporate-propaganda-machine-called-the-news-media-work-to-keep-us-ignorant-of-reality/
>>
Who's gonna be able to buy these robots if there isn't a high enough demand to need one?
>>
File: laughingwhores.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>74250486
>Linking to Mises.org
>He fell for the Austrian econ meme
>>
>>74250601
Magical elites who want to produce stuff to... send them to the bottom of the ocean because they like to see people gawk at their wastefulness?
>>
>>74250660
>oh shit, I ran out of answer
>I know, let's call it a meme, that will surely make that go unnoticed
>>
File: middle finger.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
middle finger.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>74250582
Imagine if there was an employee that worked faster, harder, longer and cheaper than you
Why in the fucking fuck would someone ever hire your lazy, expensive ass?
>b-but my job is spechul! My mom says nobody can replace me :D
Newsflash faglord: you're human. Metal is stronger than your bones, hydraulics will outlast your joints, electricity is cheaper than food, and microchips are faster than the brain.
>>
>>74248252
this desu
>>
>>74250490
The whole point is that Universal Basic Income will, ones machines replace enough people, be enough to live on and then some.

People would be far happier in such a situation than they are now.
Get up piss early everyday to spend the entire day working a job you hate, leaving you with a few hours on the evening to rest up for the next work day and (maybe) two days on the end of the week where you can finally get enough sleep, and then it all starts again.
And all this for what? So you can buy shit you dont need that you dont even have the time or energy to enjoy.

People will prefer it by far to have time and energy to enjoy life in exchange for less empty material things.
>>
>>74250112
Funny how you think other people are robots and you come out with that.

Personally I wouldn't want to live in a world that would enact your plan. The world is savage enough as it is wishing culling 3/4s of humans because they are "inferior".
>>
File: 1447535429212.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1447535429212.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>74245666
Yeah, pharmacists are irreplaceable. It takes my pharmacist 45 minutes to put 6 pills in a little cup. There's no way a robot could beat that!
>>
>>74250836
He suffers from a case of serious indoctrination and lack of independent critical thinking. People like him accepts that whatever they're told is good and important, is good and important without fundamentally examining the basis for such claims.
>>
>>74248648
there's a giant step from assisting to making important, non-obvious decisions and taking responsibility for them. studied health care professionals are among the last to get replaced by machines. by that time there will be no more jobs left.
>>
>>74250786
Don't throw shitty copypastas on me.
Basic income is like living on your lunch money. Yeah you are fed, have a shelter and even have some cash(while everyone around you having no less than same amount of cash). This is litteraly lunchmoney.
I think you are falling for a "free shit" meme, my friend.
>>
>>74250852
He just wants to feel superior. Let him think that pharmacy will never be something that robots work in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb79-_hGLkc
>>
File: 48544.jpg (103 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
48544.jpg
103 KB, 600x387
>>74250782
>Imagine if there was an employee that worked faster, harder, longer and cheaper than you
Easy. Pic related.

>Newsflash faglord: you're human.
Newsflash burgerfat: "automation" is just a form of job outsourcing. You can't import gook and pay him $2/hour for working as cashier, but you can import ATM machine made by the same gook. ...? Profit!
>>
>>74251042
>studied health care professionals are among the last to get replaced by machines.

No, they aren't.

Already x-ray technicians are being replaced by image detection algorithms. We're on the cusp of robosurgeons as well.

Well educated white-collar workers are at just as much risk of having their jobs automated as the blue collar workers - if not moreso.
>>
>>74250852
>putting pills in cups
blister tablets are infinitely superior and dispensing is only the most mundane part of the job. it's technically possible to set up self-service dispensers, but lots of people would get killed by machine errors and I'd still be needed for everything that is not dispensing.
>>
>>74250112
This, but really shit like this has happened through history but not on this level. we didn't have all these many parasites in the economy. Now all the Leftists wants to coddle the losers of society with free money instead of culling them.

I say let's have basic income, but you lose the right to breed beforehand aka sterilization. Kill off parasites gradually and the problem fix itself.
>>
>>74251165
except robots dont commit crime smell like shit and try to install robot governers to bind you under robot law
>>
File: wojakjapepe.png (57 KB, 354x345) Image search: [Google]
wojakjapepe.png
57 KB, 354x345
>>74245504
>>74245994

>Internet of objects is going to become more common.
>Intelligent houses will monitor its inhabitants
>future houses will clean themselves and make food etc based on profiles of residents
>people don't work anymore, because automation
>people will become even more passive
>people will spend their time in their houses playing VR-games
>people live their lives in small containers while being watched and maintained by robots

Human zoos don't sound too ridiculous fate for humanity.
>>
>>74251195
algorithms can spectacularly fail in a way humans won't, you won't see people with important responsibilities getting replaced any sooner than everyone else.
>>
Fun thing here is that i currently working with godawful system that aimed on great automatisation of all proceses.
That thing can replace me in 5 - 6 years at best.
Amd the way things are now, i seriously doubt that there will be a full automatisation.
>>
File: 1406661382373.gif (873 KB, 354x440) Image search: [Google]
1406661382373.gif
873 KB, 354x440
>>74251165
Are you...agreeing with me?
Nothing you said goes against my points and
>You can't import gook and pay him $2/hour for working as cashier, but you can import ATM machine made by the same gook. ...? Profit!
Is in my favor.
Automation is even easier than the gooks you just tried to say it was equal to.
>>
>>74244409
big deal
you could probably have said this at pretty much any point in the last 200 years

you could have said it
before the introduction of ATMs made bank tellers useless
before the introduction of direct dialling made telephone operators useless
before the introduction of easy to use word processor software made typing pools useless
before the introduction of assembly line robots made factory workers in car plants useless
etc etc etc

somehow we're still here
>>
wont robots be working for us? like doing our chores... growind, hunting food, 3d printing stuff , sex robots etc...
>>
>>74251092
Its not a copypasta, and youre not actually arguing. Youre just making comparisons to lunch money to make Basic income seem like bad thing.

Most people would be far happier if they didnt absolutely need to work, if they wanted more money or they had problems keeping themselves active during the day by themselves they could just get one of the jobs that hadnt been automated.

In anycase automation is coming and there isnt a whole lot we can do about that. Machines will be able to do a whole lot of jobs far better, faster and cheaper than humans ever can, so corporations are obviously going to choose machines over humans. This will leave alot of people without jobs. At this point Basic Income will become a thing (in developed nations) because society is going to want to avoid massive social unrest.
>>
>>74251474
but not really we are all in meaningless tertiary sector jobs that basically amount to welfare
>>
>>74251401
>Automation is even easier than the gooks you just tried to say it was equal to.
This is not the true automation though. True automation will starts when gooks start to replace gooks with robots in their sweatshops. What happens know is shenanigans around immigration barriers. God bless TPP.
>>
>>74244409
They are already automated people
>>
>>74251401
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>74251307
But their masters do.
>>
>>74248728
You're agreeing with me, my point is that AI hasn't improved and you're quoting technology from the 70s. A Deep Belief Network is another form of data mining. Computers, since their first conception, have excelled at data mining. They don't deal well with dynamic situations.

Videogames are an interesting example. This is in a virtual realm where the safety, cost, space, etc. of AI isn't a problem. It's 100% data, the comfort zone of AI. Yet there is still no universal AI which can teach itself to play videogames dynamically.

Btw Chess is the greatest example of how shit AI still is. Many programmers attempted to make an AI which could respond to the context of the situation and determine the best move. It didn't work, so successful Chess AIs still brute the data by calculating every possibility. Chess should be easy for computers, and they STILL suck at learning it!
>>
>>74251631
Depends on what scale you look at.
The American economy is being automated.
The same can be said for many Asian and European countries as well.
Just because some robots are still made by gooks (anything more sophisticated than a toaster isn't made by gooks. by the way) doesn't mean American jobs aren't being automated.
>>
>>74244409
>talk shit on youtube
>$14 000 a month on patreon
literally life on easy mode
>>
>>74251830
>anything more sophisticated than a toaster isn't made by gooks. by the way
Good goy.

>The National Cash Register Corporation (NCR), whose stock is traded on Wall Street, has been a US company since 1888. The company used to manufacture cash registers in the United States.Those jobs are long gone.

>Nowadays, NCR manufactures its retail and restaurant self-checkout machines in China (which are officially called “Retail and Restaurant Point of Sale hardware and software,” on the company’s website). NCR is the largest manufacturer in the world of ATM machines, and almost all of them are made in China, and well, maybe they’re all still made there. A few years back, NCR announced that a tiny number of jobs manufacturing ATM’s might be brought back to the USA, but there is no evidence that I’ve been able to find to suggest this has come to pass. So it’s likely that all of NCR’s ATM machines are still made in China. NCR also manufactures Airport Self-Service Kiosks and a bunch of other items in China. In fact, everything it produces (with the possible exception of that small number of ATMs) are manufactured in China).

>According to its website, NCR manufactures, “POS Terminals, POS Software, POS Printers, Fuel Controller, Back Office Software, Self Checkout.” Under the travel category, “Common Use Self-Service, Airport Kiosk, Hotel Check-In, Car Rental Software, Bus Check-In.” If this was fifty years ago, before the World Trade Organization, before all the free trade treaties, all of the company’s jobs would be in the United States.

>NCR has more employees now than ever in its history, and this is especially true when you count the use of contractors and their employees in China. The technology produced by NCR has created more jobs than the old cash register business thirty years ago. Thousands of jobs were wiped out, but hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions more jobs have been created with the new technology.
>>
>>74251727
>my point is that AI hasn't improved
This is exactly what I disagreed with. Try reading comprehension next time. And you're talking about things you haven't bothered to research. Deep belief systems are not data mining systems.
>>
File: image.png (218 KB, 300x366) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218 KB, 300x366
>>74244409
Niggers are done for.
The robots can't fix themselves.
Whites can still survive.
>>
File: consider 10.png (200 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider 10.png
200 KB, 600x451
>>74251950
All the circuit boards and complex machinery is made in western countries (usually America) and then the grunt work is done in china.
They're basically playing expensive legos while all of the precision work is done in countries where workers are paid enough to warrant that skill level.
China is moving up in terms of technology but they are still very much dependent on the west.
>>
>>74244409
As a programmer I am pretty excited about this but at the same time pretty scared for what this might do for the stability of the world.
>>
>>74246231
What is the source of this comic ?
>>
>>74252069
>heh i almost had to back up my argument
Seriously, come back when even a basic game like chess can actually be learned by an AI. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>74245063
We as humans must set a limit somewhere
>>
CLEARLY THE SOLUTION IS THAT WE NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS
>>
>>74251623
>we
>Czech republic

you are, maybe
>>
>>74244409
>CGP Greg
Nice choice anon but this vid is supa old
>>
File: 1460946769537.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1460946769537.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>mfw I work in the automation industry
checkmate atheists
>>74252730
Blacksad

It's good, too
>>
>>74253245
Doing gods work anon, developing the tech that will free us from the toil of labour.
>>
>>74244409
Being a programmer myself I am both excited and scared about this. I'll likely have way more work opportunities in the future and the day when I get replaced by robot is the day when Matrix becomes the reality. But the fact is that this shit will cause a lot of unemployment and that will cause a lot of instability in the world.
>>
>>74249361
Genetic algorithms only work if you are able to define a good fitness functions.
There are plenty of tasks where that isn't easy or even possible.
>>
>high speculation youtube scare videos

I thought we learned our lesson after zeitgeist.
Kill yourselves. Saged.
>>
>>74244409

Everything will collapse before this happens.
>>
>>74244409
Who says people need to work at full capacity? If machines did half the work then we could just get 100% people doing 50% work, lighter loads for everyone and same end result.
>>
>>74252727
>As a programmer I am pretty excited about this but at the same time pretty scared for what this might do for the stability of the world.
There won't be humanity.

Put it that way.

We'll kill ourselves in desperation - see the 'Samson Option'

It's reached a point where people do not fear it because the alternative is hell on Earth.
>>
>>74244409

Well eventually if all jobs become automated then society could enter into a utopian paradise phase built on robo-slavery.
>>
hurr durr

we wont need to work anymore because the plow and the horse takes all our jobs

hurr we dont need to work anymore because tractors will take all our jobs

hurr we dont need to work anymore cus computers will take our jobs

hurr we dont need to work anymore cus robots will take our jobs

when will this myth die? human desires are infinite
>>
>>74254189
It could make a lot of things far better than they are now.
Of course many right wingers will complain about people not working and still being given money, because they've been brainwashed by the capitalists into believing that work is somehow inherently good and that one ought to make oneself deserving of things.
>>
>>74254316
All those were correct though.

Automation in the past definitely took jobs, people's behaviour was slow to react, not enough people learned new techniques, only the newer gens did well.

On top of this, easier labour became harder to find. More people were stretched to their limits.

Nowadays computers almost completely over-capacitate our level of thinking - even Microsoft struggles with it.
Hence why there's a push for immigration and the "brave new world" situation we find ourselves in.

To let the intelligent breed, the unintelligent struggle and perish.

I prefer genetic modification tbqh. With restrictions on certain tech development.
>>
Let's face it, it's time for basic income.
>>
>>74254692
>Let's face it, it's time for basic income.
Let's face it.

You're an idiot.

Post-scarcity is not here yet, infact I don't think it will ever come.
We need capitalism therefore.

But it needs more checks. Way more checks.

The top % has to be destroyed. The rest needs equality of opportunity.
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
/pol/ shouldn't be really concerned with this.

All robots will do is eliminate all the nigger-tier jobs that are mostly done by low-silled migrants.

Also due to the lack of jobs it will become more and more harder for women to find jobs. It will push people to get an education if they want to have a job, which is where white men excel in.

Not to mention that sex robots will completely obliterate feminism.

>tfw you will have a robot qt clean your house, make food for you and have sex with you in your lifetime
>>
Basic income will be in
>>
File: 1463335180593.png (215 KB, 1066x666) Image search: [Google]
1463335180593.png
215 KB, 1066x666
>>74244409

Finally a redpill that means something. We need UBI.
>>
Sorry neet-boys but the tax payers aren't gonna pay for you robomommy to make you chicken tendies
>>
This is where trans-humanism should start taking place to resolve this age old question of what to do when robots can do anything.

The more you make something independent, the more it doesn't need you.

And on a planet with finite resources, why would it stay? That's what always confused me about terminator, why are you bothering with the humans when you're more then capable to go into space.

Chances are there will be laws in place to stop machines being more capable, so no robobutlers.
>>
Also daily reminder that the video maker is a typical leftist/pseudo-marxist shill, so many people in the comment sections are like HURR COMMUNISM WILL FIX DIS.

Point is that the video is just bullshit speculation.
>>
>>74255183

lets imagine post scarcity is here.. lets imagine we actually start taking advantage of the near infinite resources of our solar system..

still there will be people who always desire more. people who want to have a holiday orbiting the sun for example will have to find a way to trade resources for the resources required to make that possible. you will always have scarcity in terms of what humans desire? if you know what i mean.. niches will always have to be filled by someone doing the calculations and work... unless ai and robotics can take care of all of our wants then i dont think we'll be abandoning capitalism for a long long time
>>
>>74255304
I want to believe i'll see it, but I think the timeline is realistically too far off. Very good points though.
>>
File: feel good man.jpg (75 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
feel good man.jpg
75 KB, 1366x768
>>74245666
>tfw robots can't into art
STEM fag should just kill themselves now
>>
You guys know that nobody is that retarded to make robots smarter than people and possibly able to become self aware or whatever the fuck happened to the robots in "I robot" or terminator. Then again maybe we want a start a war against the machines.
>>
>>74255908
>you will always have scarcity in terms of what humans desire? if you know what i mean.. niches will always have to be filled by someone doing the calculations and work... unless ai and robotics can take care of all of our wants then i dont think we'll be abandoning capitalism for a long long time
Not even robots can solve the problem.

Infact, they'll become a big problem.

People need to be more intelligent than their tools, otherwise they become the tools.
Robots are essentially new life.

Until we start entwining with them, they won't be more intelligent than us.
>>
File: 9JEAlxM.jpg (249 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
9JEAlxM.jpg
249 KB, 1200x800
>>74256116
but they can.
>>
>>74256349
>You guys know that nobody is that retarded to make robots smarter than people and possibly able to become self aware or whatever the fuck happened to the robots in "I robot" or terminator.
Yes there are.

They think they empathise better with them than others and don't understand the brain completely.

It's like how they want automated cars - they ignore the holes they've left.
>>
>>74256369

yeah, and theres no telling what we'll be like when we converge

theres no way of telling what an AI would think when its turned on. As soon as that shit starts running it will be 20,000 years smarter than us in a week - what conclusions will it make? fuck knows
>>
>>74253486
Well, yes, that was my point. You can't simply sit down and make a genetic algorithm to design an airplane in any meaningful way, for example, or deciding the absolute best distribution for rivets in a structure.

With current computational methods, we are simply too limited to replace people any time soon.
>>
I'm absolutely fine with automation. Do you understand? This will wipe out the trash of society. No longer will society have to rely on the poor, "reformed criminals", niggers, spics, oldfags, the lazy, the "disabled", welfarefags, and other trash and parasitic things of society that only bring to hinder humanity from either advancing with only quality humans or humanity gets wiped out, but either day it will be a glorious. I'm really banking on humanity getting wiped out first. Fuck humanity all it does is ooga booga and chimp out and be lazy just like the trash of society.
>>
>>74256116
>stem fags should kill themselves
>>
>>74244409
>in 1900 41% of americans were famers
>now less than 1% of the population are farmers due to advances in machinery
Gee OP i guess that means we have 40% of people who are unemployed right now, right?
Fucking retard
>>
File: 1458923337266.jpg (206 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458923337266.jpg
206 KB, 500x500
>>74256719

when you put it that way, I welcome our new robot overlords.
>>
>>74257317
those who used to be farmers are now in logistics, production, administration and service (or unemployed). but what's left when logistics, production, administration and service are all automated? not just specific, labour-intensive tasks like plowing, sowing, weeding and reaping but the whole field in its entirety?
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (56 KB, 819x573) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
56 KB, 819x573
>>74256116

i guess you look forward to that mcdonalds drive by job
>>
>>74257842
>but what's left when logistics, production, administration and service are all automated
Speaking as a computer programmer, those will never be fully automated. It's possible to create something capable of it, but it would be to costly to develop for it to be something buisnesses would be interested in.
>>
>>74257317
>Gee OP i guess that means we have 40% of people who are unemployed right now, right?
>Fucking retard

>Left a simpler life and forced to do more complex work

You're the retard. That can't keep going on forever without worldwide intelligence modification.
>>
>>74258203
You seem to be under the impression that programs that actually allow machines to do these jobs are easy to create and thus are a cost effective alternative to humans.
They're not. At all.
>>
File: Check my year.png (237 KB, 369x346) Image search: [Google]
Check my year.png
237 KB, 369x346
>>74244409
just let the population if first countries drop and relocate the jobless people
oh wait, drops of population are literally worse than hitler and we need some super-useful immigrants to fix that ;^^^^^^^)
>>
>>74256116
But Anon, they already *have* self service menus at McDonald's now
>>
>>74255603
Hi pill reporting
>>
File: 1168884613460 (1).jpg (23 KB, 322x351) Image search: [Google]
1168884613460 (1).jpg
23 KB, 322x351
>>74244409
No fucks given

As long as we use X-rays for medical imaging I will still have a job.

feels good man
>>
File: 1459492392452.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1459492392452.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>74258185
>speaking as a computer programmer
hahahah
>never EVER NEVER
hahHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>74245666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjjhGVUW_lI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw0PkHhd4Ms
>>
>>74258473
>You seem to be under the impression that programs that actually allow machines to do these jobs are easy to create and thus are a cost effective alternative to humans.
>They're not. At all.
That's the problem.
They're not easy to make.

Hence why countries struggle with unemployment. No one is smart enough to learn the newly innovated trades.

We have to slow the development to a sustainable level, otherwise the whole thing stops.

The very rich do not comprehend this. They want acceleration because they want longer lives. They are impatient and very ignorant. They forget that kings are weak without the people's support.

You can't whip them or they won't work, they'll weasle their way out or worse - revolt. Even "Brave new world" is a fantasy. It's impossible. It doesn't understand how people and society works.

You either have temporary anarchy or virtuous order. Otherwise the empire crumbles and the king loses their head.

It's unavoidable.

NK is proof of this - shit is hitting the fan within.
Even anarchy is a fantasy. Because people in somalia are already making a system.
The pirates create their own order.
>>
>>74246350
>TFW you are the one making the machines

Cry more burger flipper
>>
>>74259360
Fun fact: all those libertarian jokes? They were right. Somalia is currently better off than it was with a government and it's better off than all it's neighboors. Keep in mind Somalia still doesn't have a functioning government.
>>
File: oprahno.gif (424 KB, 259x169) Image search: [Google]
oprahno.gif
424 KB, 259x169
>>74258949
>thinking that TECHnicians, whose job it is to simply operate and press buttons on technology, won't be the first to go when said TECHNOLOGY becomes automated

If I weren't so convinced of your overpowering stupidity I'd say this was bait
>>
>>74259478

Not a technician. I repair/install them
>>
File: 12535123.png (17 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
12535123.png
17 KB, 300x181
>>74259568
Oh well THAT'S different. Thank God nobody has ever thought of building any kind of repair robot ever.
>>
>>74259360
you miss the point.
computers lack intuition They are extremely dumb.
If I were to tell you how to get from the kitchen to the bathroom in a house, I might say "go down the hall, go up the stairs, turn left down the first hallway and it will be the first door on your right". You should be able to figure it out.

But a computer would never be able to figure it out. Instead you would have to basically define everything that needs to be done.
You have to explain to it how to turn. How to move. What left and right are. How to go up stairs. What stairs are. What a hallway is. What a door is. How to turn the doorknob. How to open the door. Etc. etc. etc.
And you have to do this for litteraly everything you want a computer to do. Now most of the time you're using a programming language that has alot of the basics already built in, but still, at some point someone had to program in everything a computer does. And they had to be extremely explicit, because computers can't "figure stuff out". They just do exactly what you tell them to.

And this is what most people don't understand about AI. It still lacks intuition, it is still just doing exactly what you tell it. And no matter how sophisticated it is, it is garunteed to at somepoint encounter something which it has not been programmed to handle, and thus the AI will produce an error.
This is why most people don't need to worry about being replaced. Because they have intuition, and can figure things out on the job, while a robot or AI can't. If it runs into an error, you have to program in how to complete the task. And that's not cheap. imagine if you had an employee who, everytime they encountered something they hadn't been taught to do, has to take expensive training that can take quite a long time depending on the complexity of the problem, and may end up causing the employee to error out.
That is why computers aren't going to replace many jobs anytime soon, if at all.
>>
>>74259277
What the hell are you on about, shitposter?
>>
>>74249366
Not if we make them
>>
holy shit I'm out
I knew /pol/ was full of morons, but they're now morons who talk out their ass about knowing literally anything about robotics or programming

What's a guy to do when he can't tolerate even /pol/?
>>
>>74260248
>but they're now morons who talk out their ass about knowing literally anything about robotics or programming
Oh do tell, because I'm assuming you're reffering to me, what did I say wrong.
That whole example was litteraly a restatement of chapter part one, chapter 2.1 of stroustrup's programming: principles and practices using C++.
Are you seriously claiming that you know more about computers and programming than Bjarne Stroustrup?
>>
>>74258864
underrated bost
>>
>>74259886
And who builds and repairs the repair robots? More robots?

Who builds and repairs them?
You realize we're talking about the origin paradox?
>>
>>74246847
I think there will be some kind of unconditional basic income, then everyone can work to have more money. The work will mostly be social interaction with the customer and support, in every delivery, every shop, everywhere. I think people will value human interaction big time. 40h week? No way, maybe 5 hours 3 days a week, not more. People will rather take less money for more free time. Other than that we are lucky we got YouTube and the rest of the internet to educate people, so they can bring some progress.

If all that fails, cut social security, let the mouth breathers purge each other.
>>
>>74260981
If repair robots repair eachother you have an endless loop
>>
>>74245666
i usde to be a dispenser.. Pharmacists are glorified sales assistants.

Our german friend who said bring it on is delusiaonal. checking and dispensing of scripts and cross referencing any side effects / interactions with existing medication could be done now,
>>
>>74244409

$15 wage goy.
>>
>>74261456
I'll be dead before they we can develop anything this sophisticated
>>
>>74248419
If people don't produce things, there isn't much for you to enjoy. I have seen some lefties fight capitalism by not buying the newest iPhone, but they really love everything else they bought at some point, including houses, food, clothes or anything else someone got paid to produce for them.
>>
>>74250490
No, you don't give them food, cheap clothing, and a place in a barracks.

You give them money. They buy those other things on their own.
>>
>>74249429
Their job is what they do most of the time, identifying with a hobby makes them look like a fangay and identifying with race? Cmon, it's the current year. Try vegan, feminist, gamer, ... anything sounds obnoxious, they are probably trying to network or find something in common. In the end, letting other people talk about their job is a safe way of having some conversation.
>>
>>74245666
What about prostitutes? Kek
>>
>inb4 http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html

faggots
>>
>>74250081
People will seek human interaction, being greeted by someone, having someone chat with you will make you choose that service over others. Then other services will fail or also employ people to take care of their customers.
>>
>>74244409
All those delusional faggots on r/Futurology bragging about general artificial intelligence coming LITERALLY TOMORROW and taking all your jobs... Kurzweil was wrong faggots!!!

t. software engineer who works with artificial intelligence
>>
>>74250786
> So you can buy shit you dont need that you dont even have the time or energy to enjoy.
Resisting an iPhone is easy, resisting the rest will be hard. Noone will keep up the internet for your sorry ass. No TV, no book, nothing. People will hopefully work less hours per week, but don't tell people that the products they enjoy are only telling them to enjoy them.
>>
>>74263131
Shh. Anon, don't spoil there fantasies with actual knowledge. That will get them upset and then they'll start claiming they know more about computers than the people whose jobs are about computers.
Like the one aus who got upset because it was pointed out computers need basically everything explained to them in explicit detail.
>>
>>74244564
Did you even watch the fucking video?
>>
>>74261695
We have that now.

Almost any machine can be designed in modules, and can produce a fault code like your car's dashboard when something goes wrong.

Instead of lighting your dashboard with a tiny engine icon, it could send a signal to a repair droid that slides out a busted module, slides a new one in, and returns to it's charging pod.
>>
>>74263489
Check the flag.
>>
>>74259414
Dipshit, I probably have a higher salary than you.

Your time is gonna come just like all the rest of us--if you don't get massacred by the hordes. Lot harder to hide from them in your country than mine
>>
>>74244409
One of three thing will happen,
One: All non-elite humans will be killed off foring being useless
Two: We all become super neets and spend all our time with some kind of digital stimulant, think about all the time you spend on the internet
Three: Our government gives us pointless jobs because it's "For the betterment of community and mental health :^)"
>>
>>74244409
Here's my application for the American embassy:
"Enfia no teu cú, José filha da puta"
>>
>>74263661
I'd rather be turned into an immortal flying robot spaceman. :V
>>
>>74263131
>hungary software engineer

kek
>>
>>74244409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-KyLQujQA
>>
>>74246931
Government analyst. Will that be automated?
>>
>>74244409

good.

work sucks anyway.
>>
>>74264047
No, but you'll become a programmer.

;'(
>>
File: 1462822188976.jpg (47 KB, 316x533) Image search: [Google]
1462822188976.jpg
47 KB, 316x533
>>74263615
Ahhh fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (780 KB, 1242x1596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
780 KB, 1242x1596
>>74263884
Pic related faggot. I'm working for an SF-based company from Hungary and living comfy as fuck on US salary. After 2 years I have my own flat and car at the age of 24 (no mortgage obviously). Do you own anything there fritzcuck or have you been evicted by the thought-police to accomodate rapefugees?
>>
>>74253697
pls tell me youre not this dumb
why would employer gimp their productivity?
>>
>>74264871
I'm the CEO of SAP tbqhfam
>>
>>74264143
I dont have that skillset

Gov. analyst is basically seeing international events and judging a countries reaction based on that, then, before they can act, you enact policies to counter act their policies. Think chess but on a grander scale
>>
>>74266108
Haha you'll feel like a faggot when mass population analysis comes through with big data and bigger statistics. Okay, yes, your job is going. Sorry bro.
>>
>>74264871
what is that program for?
>>
>>74244409
Does canada really have 45℅ of its workforce in production jobs?
>>
Negative income tax

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_income_tax

>In economics, a negative income tax (NIT) is a progressive income tax system where people earning below a certain amount receive supplemental pay from the government instead of paying taxes to the government. Such a system has been discussed by economists but never fully implemented.
>>
>>74266435
It appears to be some sort of graphics related program.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.