[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, can any Canadians recommend me a chill city in Canada with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: mountiemaintain.jpg (31 KB, 300x388) Image search: [Google]
mountiemaintain.jpg
31 KB, 300x388
Hey, can any Canadians recommend me a chill city in Canada with a relaxed vibe? I'm an American who wants to live in the Great North, at least for a period. Ideally I would want to find a rural cabin-setting with proximity to a cool city.

My grandfather was a full blooded Canadian, and very proud of his heritage. I don't see a future in the U.S.A.

What do/don't you like about living in Canada?
>>
File: filename-p120001-023rr.jpg (51 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
filename-p120001-023rr.jpg
51 KB, 550x366
I've also heard there's a lot of land untouched by civilization. This appeals to my rugged american sensibilities
>>
>>74224560
Stay away from major cities and you'll have a good time.
>>
File: Moraine-Lake-Alberta-Canada-1.jpg (174 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
Moraine-Lake-Alberta-Canada-1.jpg
174 KB, 1280x851
Man, this forum sucks balls. People just post the same 5 topics and memeify beyond the point of any discourse
>>
northern BC or rural Alberta/Saskatchewan
>>
>>74224560
>Ideally I would want to find a rural cabin-setting with proximity to a cool city.
depending on how loose your definition of "cool" is, you might like Halifax
>>
>>74225333
I haven't heard much about halifax. I live on the east coast USA, so it's pretty close to me. What is your opinion of it?

I guess my definition of "cool" is pretty general about the city's 'culture': good restaurants, cool music/art scene, nice people who aren't hostile, just interesting people living there.

>74225273
>rural Alberta/Saskatchewan
are the people very conservative there? The nature is gorgeous, definitely
>>
>>74225602
>What is your opinion of it?
it's a nice town to live in, but it might be hard to find a job since the economy has been in decline for a while. Outside of the town itself there's wilderness for ages and plenty of places for cabins. It might be kind of liberal for a /pol/ack though, stay away if you hate degeneracy
>>
I like that people are fairly friendly here in Canada not many people will bother you. Memes aside, I love Canada. Our prime minister might be a cuck but he hasn't affected me or my family in any way but I am worried his politics might damage the way of life many Canadians cherish.

What I hate
Its super boring in some places. I'm not very sociable and there aren't many places you can go to with friends to just relax. Jobs are kinda scarce especially for STEM degree holders
>>
>>74226509
I'm self employed, and money is not an issue. And ehhh, 'degeneracy' is fine by me, I just want to be left alone mostly. Will definitely look into halifax.
>>
File: sds.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
sds.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
>>74224560
>rural cabin-setting with proximity to a cool city.

Try Vernon, British Columbia. It's only 20 or so minutes away from the city of Kelowna. It a peaceful town, very relaxed, good weather in the summer, very chill town and you can find a nice quiet area there.
>>
>>74226643
to be honest I don't really get the hate for Trubro. He has a progressive vision for the country, and even if you don't agree with his social views it is unlikely that any of them will have an effect on your private life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.