[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Bernie Sanders’ wife once ran is forced to shut down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: gettyimages-520019878_1.jpg (58 KB, 830x553) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-520019878_1.jpg
58 KB, 830x553
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/college-debt-school-bernie-sanders-wife-once-ran-forced-shut-down?cid=sm_fb_msnbc
apparently she left it helpless before it started to have real financial issues.

>Burlington College, which had been crushed beneath weight of the property purchase made in 2010 while Jane Sanders was college president, will close at the end of the month, the college confirmed on Monday.

>In a letter to students and parents, College President Carol Moore said the closure brought a “deep sense of loss and sadness.” Current students, she said, will be able to transfer credits and continue their education at a neighboring college.“These hurdles are insurmountable at this time,” Dean of Operations and Advancement Coralee Holm said in a statement. “It is with a great sense of loss to the educational community that Burlington College’s progressive and unique educational model will no longer be available to students.”

>There was no immediate reaction from Jane Sanders.

>When NBC News sought comment from the Democratic presidential candidate — who has called for making public colleges and universities tuition free — campaign communications director Michael Briggs emailed back a one-word response: “No.”

>Determined to double the then-200 student enrollment by 2020, Jane Sanders pushed to purchase the 32-acre parcel of land along Lake Champlain from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington.

>Sanders, who had been president since 2004, left the private liberal arts college in 2011.

>In April, the college’s lender informed them the line of credit would not be renewed. And on Friday, the college’s Board of Trustees agreed to shutter the 44-year-old school. Four years later, Burlington College — desperate to get its books back in the black — took a huge loss when it sold the land to a developer for $7.65 million. It was not enough the save the school.

>On Saturday, the last class to graduate from Burlington College collected their diplomas.
>>
>>74221287
Hmmm....if free college = bankrupt colleges all over the country, I'm tempted to let it all Bern
>>
>>74221384
FIRST IS BEST
>>
>>74221384
Free college wouldn't run out of money at a federal level it would just suck money out of all of us endlessly
>>
>>74221384
>>74221554

"Hue Hue college is stupet. I no need edjmaction. Gonna go trade school be a rich motherfucker. Hhahah you dumbass 4 goin university debt."
>>
>>74222534
uneducated faggot detected
>>
They're just redistributing the university to hobos and drug addicts.
>>
File: thumbnail_5715900852943316813.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_5715900852943316813.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
>>74221287
Burlington's for coats not school. Stupid dummies.
>>
>>74222534
trade schools are a good option if you dont have what it takes to go through STEM or the medical field though.
>>
>>74221287
Trump college seems like a big deal now huh?
>>
>>74222534
you're a fine product of american rhetoric classes, i see
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.