[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Responsobility while pregnant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: shalom.jpg (45 KB, 534x742) Image search: [Google]
shalom.jpg
45 KB, 534x742
I know that most of you here are quite conservative, but I would like to hear more interesting opinions than "The whiter the babies the better".

Abortion seems like a big topic in American politics, personally I don't really mind abortion, atleast when the baby isn't much more than a collection of cells.
Also, I don't really like the idea that irresponsible teens/adults will raise kids, especially when the pregnancy was a mistake, It's like giving the kid a bad future right from the start(Also rape victims who get pregnant).

However, I'm not sure about my position when it comes to a pregnant women and her freedoms, this time I would like to point out alcohol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/nyregion/bartenders-cant-refuse-pregnant-women-alcohol-new-york-city-says.html?_r=0

Should alcohol be illegal to purchase as a pregnant woman? should it be illegal to drink it?
We know Alcohol is bad for the baby, and since we know he's growing up to be a full human some day, would it be too cruel to refuse pregnant women the option to drink?
Should it be restricted to an extent? is wine ok but vodka is no go(for example)?

And generally, how much should the state get involved when it comes to the mother taking care of her body for the sake of the baby?
>>
No comment, but have a bump. I want to see this unfold.
>>
Bumping, waiting for /pol/-like serious discussion
>>
>>74170854
All Jews should give themselves a post natal abortion.
>>
>>74170854
the baby is clearly a human life, this isn't a case of what she can do with her body, she's inflicting pain and suffering on her child, it's disgusting and immoral
>>
I did not have even one sip of alcohol while pregnant.

I believe it has recently been shown that ANY alcohol while pregnant is harmful (whereas in the past women were advised to drink in moderation, no more than one drink a night, sort of thing)

That being said I also think the state has no business telling a grown woman what she can or can't do with her body while she is pregnant. It just paves the path towards mandatory vaccines, medical kidnapping etc
>>
Woman has the right to drink. Bartender has the right to refuse service.
>>
>>74173209
>freedom of association in current year

SHITLORD
>>
that fucking article

>"Another reacted to abstinence advice this way: “Stop infantilizing women.”"

STOP FUCKING DRINKING WHILE PREGNANT AND WE WOULDNT HAVE TO
>>
>implying this is a pervasive problem that needs regulation

Spent time in Alaska where there are a lot of FAS mooks - laws wouldn't have stopped even one. Trash who don't care about their kids are gonna have fucked up kids no matter what.

Government should spend money, energy, political capital, etc. on more pervasive problems that actually have a substantial chance of being remedied through policy.
>>
let the cunt do what they fuckin want. Not my business
>>
It shouldn't be illegal for a pregnant to purchase alcohol not should it be illegal for an establishment from refusing to serve alcohol to a pregnant woman.
>>
>>74173158
While taking biology in university i learned that the alcohol really only affects the foetus at specific stages and you really do not want any alcohol in your system at those times. However there is really no way to tell while pregnant when exactly those times are for each individual pregnancy. Its a hit or miss. My wife didn't drink while pregnant but if she wanted a glass of wine once a month or so i would have beenfine with that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.