[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does US really have a "prescription drug problem?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 11
File: Pill-Bottle-2.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Pill-Bottle-2.png
14 KB, 500x500
In NYC, this has been front page for months now, and saw obongo talking about it, Trump, etc..

Now in NY state, all scripts, even for anti-biotics, have to be sent direct to pharmacies by computer(no more paper scripts, at all, unless you go to a VA on fed property).

I take fucking xanax for muh anxiety (I know, fuck you), have been taking since I was 12. My dr. now, who I've know my entire life, is now telling me he "just can't write it anymore."

Why did this latest generation of fuckheads have to ruin everything?
>>
Are people getting fucked like this all over the US? And I don't mean for shit like diludiad or fentanyl, fucking xanax.

Insane. Fucking nanny state. Need out of this country.
>>
>>74154495
Why dont you order it through the mail. If you dont know anywhere to buy it from go to a 3 world country and buy it through a doctor. Then send it in the mail. Pills go undetected and they dont check more than 1 per cent.
UPS deliver drugs to me weekly. I just dont bother going through a doctor
>>
>>74154785
It's not that easy here mate, esp since 9/11, they fucking scan everything and good luck finding an honest gook or chink to deal in schedule 2 stuff in the US, which xanax now is.

Same rating as cocaine. I really do need to move to swtizerland.

I probably will end up o Tor doing that eventually bc have a hard enough time functioning, now they want to pull this away from too? Might as well be in prison.
>>
so they're painting this as a new bubonic plague, but yet I'm the only one here who has even heard of this?

So why are the mayor and president talking about it?
>>
>>74154495
you know you can't stop that shit cold turkey right?

pills like xanax, klonopin, valium, etc can kill you if you stop them cold turkey
>>
>>74155296
I know, going to end up dead of a fucking seizure. You can't imagine level of paranoia here now, doctor for my entire life is afraid of a FED raid over bullshit.
>>
>>74155291
Prince died from an OD of opiates, a shitload of people in the US are addicted to pain killers

Some people take xanax only to get high, that's why all this shit is controlled

We still have paper scripts in Canada, but they really check the amount of pills you take
>>
>>74154495
so either they write anti-depressants because someone feels "unhappy" and they weren't really able to console them, or they refuse to write a prescription? are there quotas for sending the electronic scripts?
>>
>>74155427
One dumb nigger in minnesota. it's always been a "controlled substance," not like you buy it over the counter, it's regulated.

Now it's gotten to be insane here.
>>
>>74155394
I understand dude, I'm in a similar situation because my doctor retired and since the healthcare is so shitty in Canada I don't get a reference for another doctor, I'm on a 1 year waiting list

I saw it coming so I have a 2 year stock

order from a good source on the internet and you should be ok
>>
>>74155464
Not sure about the quotas. This has been sort of building for a while. Xanax is more anxiety than anti-depressant.

But when you've been taking for 12 years, have no idea how to handle this, bring cut off suddenly bc every doctor in the state is afraid now.
>>
>>74155623
yeah, that's ridiculous. Unfortunately it often seems to be this way, either no control whatsoever or severe limitations...
>>
>>74155464
yeah, they are pushing ADs, the main reason is that they are more expensive and you can't get high off them
>>
>>74155585
going to be looking, that's for sure. This one dumb jig-- who the rumors are actually died of AIDs-- has started an avalanche from White House on down.
>>
>>74155713
just get them from a trusted source, reddit has a board with reviews from people who buy in the deep web

surprisingly a lot of them are actually OK
>>
>>74155699
I literally can't afford ADs at this point since I lost my coverage under Obongocare and anti-depressants are $400-$600 a month for some of them or more.

fuck it. I just thought I was hearing things when went to Dr. and he said "no more paper scripts." Checked my iphone, and it is for all doctors all over state.

Even when you go to a doctor now, if he sends to pharamcy and they don't have the thing or number you need, you're fucked. NYs is only state to pull this shit.

with everything going on in this state, THIS is what they pull...
>>
>>74155811
thanks, will check, though have never been near reddit before, but this is...the fuckers can literally kill me on this one.
>>
>talk to p.doc about getting something to help anxiety and sleep problems from ptsd
>on benzos, doctor switches me to quetiapine, gain a fuck ton of weight, worried about diabetes because of this shit
>"uh you know doc, i've seen you guys prescribe cannabis for mental illness before, i have experience that this would help me the same as quetiapine and it maybe i wouldn't have to cut my calories down to 1k just to avoid gaining weight"
>realize i'm talking to a boomer
>...
>>
How about you stop riding the psychiatric drug carousel? This cunt has had you in his throes since you were 12, for fuck's sake.

And if he hasn't offered you a tapering schedule after such prolonged use, I'm saying something's amiss. You're either bullshit or he's incompetent.
>>
My prescriptions are a 3 week process.

First, I have to see my doctor every 6 months, which requires getting an appointment a month ahead. His hours are only 8:30-4:00 Monday and Wednesday, which is hard when I work 7:30-6:00.

When he writes the prescription, I can't take it to the pharmacy, I have to mail it in, which takes 2 weeks to process, at which the pharmacy holds on to it, then calls me so I can pay for it, then ships it back to me. My pharmacy has routinely failed to call me so I can pay for it.

If I want to refill my prescription, I HAVE to call between 8:30-4:00 and leave a voicemail, which is difficult in an open floor plan office. If I don't call between those hours, I can't record a voicemail and phone system hangs up. It's only until the next Monday or Wednesday when my prescription is approved, and... You guessed it... I have to pick it up physically between 8:30-4:00. My doctor's office is 25 minutes away from my work.

Repeat every 90 days. I've been doing this since 2010.
>>
>>74154903
Just buy etizolam, it's not even scheduled in most states. If it is, there's literally hundreds of other RC benzos.
>>
How high is your current dosage? I'd imagine you have an insane tolerance if you're taking benzos since your puberty. Prescribing benzos to 12 year olds is crazy in general.
>>
>>74154495
uh-oh, welcome to norway
>be on shitrock
>get sick
>be man
>don't get as much as an asperine or any actual medical attention to fix you
they want you sick here to earn shekels

don't get sick here is what I'm saying, you might end up loosing a foot, like that austrian ski athlete due to 3rd world tier health care.
>now run your memes, norway free health care, such utopia.. just need to wait 3 year for operation like in soviet union... running empty on meds like in africa... doctors prolly better in africa too
>>
>>74155699
Most antidepressants are garbage anyways, especially SSRIs, and they don't do shit for anxiety unless your anxiety is so mild it can be taken away by the placebo effect.
>>
>>74154495

it is habit forming, and good for recreational use, maybe think about rehab?
>>
>>74156280
>don't get sick here is what I'm saying, you might end up loosing a foot, like that austrian ski athlete due to 3rd world tier health care.
>>now run your memes, norway free health care, such utopia.. just need to wait 3 year for operation like in soviet union... running empty on meds like in africa... doctors prolly better in africa too
you've just described the "free" Canadian healthcare system......
>>
FUCK YES WE DO, but that is our future...

Better living thru chemistry and technology.

If we were a technological/pharmaceticul society we could eliminate undesirable traits/behaviors,races.

dont fear the evolution... visit your pcp/md
>>
Nothing new except maybe it finally hit the tipping point in NYC. The prescription epidemic was hitting a high point in Florida 6 years ago. Pain killers were the main issue and doctors were making fake prescriptions to drug dealers/addicts.
>>
>>74156120
>I have to see my doctor every 6 months, which requires getting an appointment a month ahead.

Here you will need to go each month (so the doctor get shekels) and it varies how long it takes to get an app. If you are in that once a month, meaning you are given any kind of meds, it's set up as you go out.

The meeting lasts 10 minutes and the "doctor", doesn't really do shit other than type with 1 finger on her/his computer for the whole session.

Again, never get sick here. If you do ie on a holiday, have good insurance and get home to real doctors ASAP. Germany is actually a good option if time is of importance, they ofc are very competent and take their work seriously.
Germans ofc, perfectionists...
>>
>>74156432
I was going to say, sounds like the Canadian health care system that I grew up with. The doctors there also pushed quetiapine on me for fucking everything. They wanted to take out my mother's uterus for one fibroid. THEY TOOK SEVERAL MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT MY DAD HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Finnish health care is at least prompt and thorough. Doctors aren't assholes here either.
>>
>>74156201
At one point, iwas taking 12 mgs a day, which yes, is high for xanax but my tolerance is insane.

They moved me down to 120 a month,which is..8mg a day. I'm going to need to investigate RC. Weird thing about benzos is that they don't all...in EU, they can't write for over 3mg of xanax a day, so when I was overseas, had to try a different grouping bc was in a nation where they open all mail from outside EU.

I hate having to run around like a degenerate for something that as impact of a tic-tac on me and just keeps me from having tremors and lets me function.
>>
>>74156359
yeah mate, rehab will stop my tremors I've had since 8 and the anxiety where I'd pass out from panic attacks, when after I got on it I was able to get through uni and professional school just fine.
>>
>>74156432
>you've just described the "free" Canadian healthcare system......

Kek I know, I have some leafs. You guys at least don't have to travel that far to get real health care. Get an american insurance if something happens, so you get fixed up, and don't end up loosing your job, then home then family.. due to shitty healthcare that could have fixed you together in a woop and sent you back to work, thus keeping all your shit and actually get fixed.

>also we go to germany and hungary to fix our teeth
Teeth of population has not been this bad since 1945.....
>>
>>74156120
>have to see my doctor every 6 months
would love to be in your state. Trying doing it each month. And his office had become a fucking zoo bc he was one of last doctors in area who refused to literally cut off people who needed basic shit.

He's a GP, not a shrink. Shrinks are real fucking thieves. One time I wished I weren't White I speak semi-decent spanish, and these fucking spics in Queens will write you for coaine if you pay them enough, they don't care.
>>
>>74156782

there is literally tons of meds for anx other than xanax, many that would give you just as good a quality of life

your doc should have explained this
>>
>>74156485
>The prescription epidemic was hitting a high point in Florida 6 years ago
That was different friend. There were literally cuban doctors mailing painpills all over the US after a phone call.

This is a doctor seeing you, who has all your records, there's no great mystery and it's not a pill mill where dcotor and pharm are same company.

I'm legit scared these fuckers are going to kill me. You can't come off booze, benzos, or phenobarb cold (tried phenobard for my tremors, what a fucking miserable drug, makes you feel like a lump of shit and once you start taking it, you have a seizure if you try stopping it).
>>
>>74154495
>all scripts, even for anti-biotics, have to be sent direct to pharmacies by computer

Describe, in detail, exactly what's wrong with this?

It sounds like you're butthurt about not being able to illegally acquire pills for the pillhead market.
>>
>>74156921
>shrink
dat's neither a real profession nor "science"
jewish scam
doesn't work on most of us, a bit like the potato niggers. I was sent to one, he moved back to iceland after two sessions with me. I am not kidding
>>
>>74156966
I double majored in pharmacology. I understand it pretty well. HAd I done med school instead of law, could just be writing my own gear.

will never forget my first 400 level class with the one of the heads of Mass General on psycho-pharm and anti-depressants/anti-anxiety: "well, we're really just shooting in the dark, it's more art than science..."
>>
>>74156649
Dude wtf i get 45 1 mg every 2 months you have an INSANE tolerance! What color are your pills?
>>
>>74156605

Quetiapine is the most prescribed anti psychotic down here. Some people are getting it just cause they're depressed.

It's a fucking heavy drug too. Knocked me out for a week when I started it. Full zombie state, felt completely numb. Fuck that.
>>
>>74157184
>Describe, in detail, exactly what's wrong with this?
If the phamracy does NOT HAVE what you need, or if it's controlled, the exact number you need, you cannot do a partial refill.

You have to return to doctor, see him again, and have them call in a new script. In addition, their policy prevents then from telling even the doctor's office if they have or don't have any "controlled" meds, so you have to go and see, find out you're fucked, and then go back and keep doing this.

Enough detail for you, you fucking asshole?
>>
>>74157213
I take the 2 mg, though the make 3mg triangles, never had them. Either the white circles scored into quads from CVs or walgreens or the "sticks" if big pharms are out and go to a smaller pharmacy.

The round CVS are actually better and supposedly have no street value bc people won't buy them if not a "stick."
>>
>>74156966

What other meds? Benzos are the most effective. Although something longer acting like valium would have been better.
>>
File: 1389413402595.jpg (45 KB, 506x513) Image search: [Google]
1389413402595.jpg
45 KB, 506x513
If you rely on this kind of shit to survive just kill yourself.
>>
>>74154495
why not neurontine or even better pregabaline?
>>
Government will ensure medications are wildly more expensive and that you have less access to them, that is certain.

They will also determine if you reallllly reallllly need them or not.
>>
>>74157100
What shit doctor prescribes phenobarbitals in this day and age? Jesus. Did you try out beta blockers for your tremor?
>>
Also... this is very tragic....

If you actually needs meds like benzos, valium,rivo,xanax... The best way to get it here is to just go to Oslo S and grab some random junkies and ask. For some shekels they will fix you up, take you 5 minutes from exiting central.

>No paper trace
>Gov can't use med shit against you at a later point in your life (which they love to do)
You can't trust the doctor nor gov here

>Also pipe open national medical system
>outdated f5 load balancer that can be rooted last time I checked
>weak sertificate on vpn that can be raped
++++

nice to know your medical records are open for everyone with the slightest metasploit and some basic hacking skills.

>Yet they brag about security... when it's non existent...
>>
>>74157287
>depressed
i can't do it anymore, it feels exactly like weed burn out but it lasts for hours and hours
i figured i may as well just start using cannabis but fuck no, that shit makes you lazy and unmotivated
OH YEAH WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT QUETIAPINE IS DOING TO ME RIGHT NOW

no i haven't taken it today
>>
>>74154903
Xanax is not schedule II
>>
>>74154495
Yes, and then it leads into heroin use.
Quite a few friends of mine have fallen for this shit and it tears me up inside.
>>
>>74154495

>Xanax for anxiety since the age of 12

Kek, what the fuck was your doctor thinking? Unless you tried everything and somehow Xanax worked like a miracle while nothing else did.

I wish all of you Xanax junkies would be lined up and shot. You're only barely better as customers than shoplifters.

t. pharmacy major
>>
>>74157187
You're mixing up psychologists with psychiatrists, psychiatrists went to med school and are medical doctors (M.D.) like your pediatrician, dermatologist etc. Psychologists don't need a degree to work their job and they also can't prescribe you pills or write you a sick leave.
>>
>>74157702
on the plus side, quetiapine can be used to stop a serious hangover and also it got me off benzos with literally zero withdrawals

i can't imagine anyone taking it for depression though, but the way doctors are pushing it i don't doubt that's the case
>>
Anyone take venlafaxine I want to switch to it currently on 80 mg day of lexapro
>>
>>74157702
>QUETIAPINE
omg.. I was actually given that shit
that makes you into a zombie.
They like to give it for everything, I got it for insomnia... Yeah sure nice to sleep.. waking up drooling in the morning and dat feeling

>straight in the litter can

don't smoke all day, dat can actualy make you down and tired. Do it just before you sleep. It's all a matter of routines. Don't shitpost all day, stay active and esp start to WORKOUT. yes dat helps a lot

throw that zombie pill away, you can't function on medication such as that
>>
>>74154903
xanax is schedule 4, it's just the NY has the hardest drug laws of all the states
>>
>>74154495
Don't want to be a dick dude, but taking xanax from that time probably fucked you up more in the long term.
I know my xanax from 14-20 fucked me up way more than my anxiety did.
After about a year off of that, everything was just smooth sailing.
>>
>>74157970
bupropione or nothing.
>>
>>74157970
don't take it unless you can deal with the withdrawals
it's like having a really bad flu, the kind that makes your brain glitch out at everything
>>
>>74157970
Yes, I, a complete Internet stranger, recommend it
;-)
>>
>>74154623
benzo withdrawal is worse than opioid and can result in death
>>
>>74154495
yes, because idiots think the need a lifetime prescription for drugs.. Way to suck that jew cock.
>>
>>74157720
>Xanax is not schedule II
It is in NYS. I remmember when they moved up Vicodin and xanax to a schedule 2, at least in NYC.
It could be they moved Vicdon to 2 and xanax to 3 from 4, I'd have to check, haven't studied psychopharm in detail for years.

Regardless, they damn sure treat it like a 2 here in NYS.
>>
>>74154495
you can blame single mothers fucking up their kids for that

the state of parenting right now is "give him some xanax and sit him in front of minecraft and you'll never have to deal with him again"
>>
>>74157970
It' was surprisingly effective for me. Pretty straight forward to switch.

>>74158103
Worst withdrawals I've ever experienced.
>>
>>74157211
Mass general? Oh fugg m8 did you go to Harvard?
>>
>>74158184
god I hope to fuck you have a kid with a bad, bad anxiety disorder where he can't even function normally at a young age and you have to go through this shit with him/her.
>>
>>74157287
>Full Zombie state

Anti-psychotics are pure poison, got a cousin who is on them, he's literally a different person now. Then again, he had violent psychotic breaks (going crazy in public, vandalizing and assaulting people) and was a danger to himself and others and anti-psychotics is pretty much the only shit we have to deal with this kind of behaviour. The gig is well fucked for him.
>>
>>74158161
it's bad, but is that correct?
You can die of alchol withdrawal and opiod too

Benzos you will go crazy, get hallucinations and might end up tied down to a bed in the hospital not knowing how you got there. Psychosis. It takes years to fully recover.

I managed to pull this shit when young, didn't know just cut out pills cold turkey as I felt weird, instead of stepping down gradually. That landed me in the hospital for like two weeks or so

Benzos are dangerous shit, be careful with it
>>
>>74158330
No, one of the liberal arts t-5s in western mass, he'd come out 2x a week.
Mass General isn't associated with Harvard, the Deacon is.
>>
>>74158360
Turn his ass loose on Islam. He'll be a national hero!
>>
>>74158360
>he had violent psychotic breaks (going crazy in public, vandalizing and assaulting people)

He should become a bersherk, take him of his meds and let him loose on the rapefugees hans
>>
>>74158349
im 49 and both my kids are fine. they've never needed drugs to cope with life.
>>
I used to have major anxiety. But I never got treated, because I thought it was just a meme disease.

Anyways, I started becoming a social butterfly in college and now ok and anxiety is mostly gone. I feel like prescriptions for mental issues that you had as a preteen are the equivalent of handouts that only make you feel like something is so wrong with you that it can't be fixed.
I say this as a person who had a roommate with depression, anorexia and apparently OCD. It always felt like she took comfort in knowing she was a mental mess and enjoyed the drama of the influence it had on others around her while being a psychology student
>>
>>74158393
>Benzos are dangerous shit, be careful with it
I know that friend, that's why I'm noided as shit about it.

And these cocksuckers have firghtened doctors so much they are willing to let either die or go to the ER and wade through mexicans 2 feet deep to get, at most, a shot of ativan and a 3 day script and the problem goes on.
>>
>>74158512
>im 49
You are 49 and on 4 chan. and YOu are trying to sham esomeone for being on xanax?

Nigger, please...
>>
even if France became Niggerland, at least our social protection and drug delivery system works perfectly fine, be addicted to benzos/pain killer is almost free in France, hell it's even a public policy : we are the first country in term of use of benzos/AD/PK
> ouch my back hurt
> wazzup doc'? gimme some stuff my drug dealer is rising his price and my back hurt
>sure bro, take 2mg of valium and 200mg pill of tramadol thrice a day, for free, and forever plz :DDDDD a lab will pay me a yatch while the state will pay you the drug :DDD
>>
>>74154495
10 years

That's how long I was on pills for anxiety.

FUCK THAT!!!

I feel like I've lost a good portion of my life. 23-33. I was so numbed up to the world that I didn't do anything to improve myself. I worked a shitty job and went to school once a week. The same routine for 10 years.

The worst part

It was all prescribed by a doc who rarely encouraged me to get off of it.

I'm all for meds for anxiety and depression, but doctors need to start prescribing them for short term use. Just something to get you back on your feet.
>>
>>74157970
Like all SSRI, it did fuck all for me and withdrawls were shitty. From personal experience I'd advice anyone to skip SSRI/SNRI/Tricyclics. On Agomelatin myself now for two years, no side effects at all, greatly imrpoved my sleep which leads to better overall mood. Got energy for everything, getting /fit/ like a motherfucker, no sexual impairment like with any other anti-depressant and no fucking weight gain. I'm pretty happy with it.

>>74158502
>>74158509

One of the most recent breaks (he skipped taking his medication) involved him kicking a BMW full of shitskins and shouting racial epitaphs because their music was too loud, luckily people around immediatly noticed something was wrong with him and called the police, else those muzzies would've pushed his shit in.
>>
>>74154495
Is there a subby you can be proscribed?
But i do agree
>>
>>74158538
But the people who take things like xanax properly and it actually works for don't make themselves into drama queens or advertise it.

They take it, it lets them function, and that's it. I was on the first prozac trials in the USA at the age of 7. I'm not proud of it, but have a hard time believing I was "looking for attention" at 8 and that I would have ended up at a shrink at 8 if my anxiety wasn't very obvious.

And yes, you can say I'm weak, mentally defective, etc.. but I take my meds, go to professional school (on academic scholarship for a White guy, 97th percentile on LSAT) and don't make my issues into other people's issues.

Even pay cash for my doctor's appointments and pills. I'm a productive person. Why do the Jews have to destroy my life?
>>
File: CYT9TB7UsAAChMC.jpg (52 KB, 576x447) Image search: [Google]
CYT9TB7UsAAChMC.jpg
52 KB, 576x447
>>74158569
you guys have so many weird meds I don't even know what is heh.

Several e*ropean countries have lax laws on medications btw. I know people who have moved to portugal and spain due to this. Some people actually fly to austria to get medical attention there, then return home with subscriptions and meds, as these doctors are not playing priests or politicians, they are doctors and top notch ones.

Tragic...
>Police call sick people going to ie spain to get their medication, "narcotics" travelers....
and that's not just meds like benzos and so, but all kinds

I really hate my entire gov from top to bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZOL7wQjfc&feature=youtu.be&t=206

BTW: look how speeded that goyim is.
About to workout, dat nazi shit is really testo and works like fuck as motivation, I don't think you even need to know german for it to work
>>
>>74158627
Yeah but mate, EU is shit as far as dosage. Did my Jr. year aborad in Europe, didn't realize issues I'd have-- can only write for 3mgs per day of xanax a day max.

Finally, through my school was able to use the Us embassy doctor and a pharmacy used to "bending rules" for americans.
>>
as someone who has friends who doctor shop

yes

it's an industry
>>
>>74158607
i was online before you where born. Now go take a pill before you panic fag.
>>
>>74158895
France is meant to give good med laws and care, at least in some places.

the med students have a joke "why did the Germans build the autobahn?"
"so they can get to France faster to see a decent doctor."

don't really get it but doctors who go to conferences and such seem to find it funny.
>>
>>74158709
>It was all prescribed by a doc who rarely encouraged me to get off of it.

>I'm all for meds for anxiety and depression, but doctors need to start prescribing them for short term use. Just something to get you back on your feet.

Absolutely this, almost every leaflet in the pill packages even explicitly state that they're not meant for long term use but most people I know that are on prescription drugs, myself included, are on them for years, if not decades. A similar problem is prescribing neuroactive chemicals to kids and juveniles, I don't even want to know the long term damage SSRI and the like do to a still developing brain.
>>
>>74158993
of course it is.. keep the sheep drugged and collect their money.
then they all stand around bitching about the 1%.. keep taking their drugs.. lol
>>
>>74158993
That's soon to my ass, driving cross country to "Dr. Shop" before internship begins to get my fucking xanax.
>>
>>74154495
>I know fuck you

If you know, then why even ask the question? Your doctor have been prescribing you medicine you shouldn't need for years and now he can't anymore.
>>
>>74159020
And you are proud of this? You're an old loser who has failed at life.
At least I'm 24, about to start 3rd year of professional school and have a chance. You life is already fucking over, and you're sitting here attacking me bc I take a pill to deal with anxiety.
>>
>>74159151
>If you know, then why even ask the question
You Swedes need to go back to cuck shed. The "I know, fuck you" was my version of "in b4 taking any pill is degenerate."

It's a big political issue now, both for current president and Trump has been talking about drugs in NH. I wanted to see if other people in other states were having this issue.

You don't like thread? Don't click on. Is Akmed putting a gun to your head making you read this while he cucks you with your GF?
>>
>>74159134
Head to Louisianan

really easy there
>>
>>74154623
Why don't you teach your doctor how to use the new computer system
>>
I had severe anxiety until I found out after years what was causing it.

It was malabsorption where I was basically shitting out nutrients that stop my endocrine glands and brain from attacking themselves.

So if you have anxiety get a good multivitamin, take 3-4 in one go and see how you feel.
>>
>>74159151
>you shouldn't need for years
Is this your considerd medical opinion, Dr.? the point is, the doctors ARE NOT making that determination based on people's health or needs, they are giving in to politicl and media bullshit pressure bc a bunch of "gen y" or "gen z" or whatever these new fuckheads are keep copping habits and ODing.

and the nigger prince, who actually died of fucking AIDS and they are turning it into a perscription drug issue to fuck normal people like me.

and I'm goddam sure I can't be only one getting fucked on this.
>>
>using any antidepressenats
>using any ssri
Just take molly and reflect on your thoughts with cognitive behavioral approach
>>
>>74159484
I don't know if you're being a smartass or are legit dumb. going to assume former.

I can't be only one getting fucked on this, bc every big NYC paper is in a panic over this shit to the point where it's now..just a nightmare and the fuckers are willing to let me drop dead of a seizure bc "prince" died from having a fent patch attached to every inch of his body and having HIV, so I get my xanax cut off?
>>
>>74159225
yep old loser... because YOU say so.
Enjoy working for the next 50 years because I retired at 45.
>>
my psychiatrist stopped prescribing me klonopin

was on 3 mg a day, didn't even titrate me off of it

It's a good thing I don't get addicted to shit and doing that didn't bother me too much, but it seems doctors are more willing to risk the health of their patients over prescribing these drugs now, which seems fucked up
>>
>>74154495

If you rely on chemical pills to function you're dysfunctional and need to die.
>>
>>74157838
>I wish all of you Xanax junkies would be lined up and shot.
Let's see..you are a fingook in school to pass out medicine.

I'm at an Ivy league law school as a Gentile, White male.

Who do you think is more valuable to society? Regardless of anything, I'll still be able to but and sell you in 10 years.
>>
>>74154495
>taking Xanax since you were 12

good goy
>>
>>74159888

This. You fucking degenerates are perpetuating a culture where innocent kids get drugged.
>>
>>74159643
No. You haven't explained what the actual problem is yet fucker. How is an e-script different than paper??? What is the actual problem your doctor is having sending your script electronically to the pharmacy?
>>
>>74159888
As you say. Tell us what you do with your life and what you've achived thus far? I already listed my achievements this far, on xanax the entire time.
>>
>>74159989
>You fucking degenerates are perpetuating a culture
Yes. When I was put through a clinical trial of prozac at 8 and on xanax at 12, I had a lot of choice.

Tell us what you contribute to the UK other than leeching off the dole.
>>
>>74159619
Aren't your prostitutes the cleanest in the region? Or is that Turkmenistan?
>>
File: gfycat.gif (496 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
gfycat.gif
496 KB, 250x188
As a New Yorker the recent scrip shenanigans have been really fucking annoying. I take Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine, for ADHD) and that's a Schedule II controlled substance. Until a couple years ago you could only get 30 day fills and they HAD to be a prescription. Then they started allowing 90 day fills via fax.

I spoke to my allergist recently about this and now they have a policy: If you request a drug, it may take up to 72 hours to fill the prescription due to this e-prescription shit.

I drove 3 hours from home and realize I forgot an epi-pen (severe food allergies, life threatening). I called my doctor's medical service on a sunday (affiliated hospital). I had to stop eating (except for a couple bags of chips) until WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON when the prescription was able to be filled. No longer can a doctor just "phone it in".

It does reduce medical errors and I'm sure it also has some reduction of fraud/abuse but it impacts a lot of innocent people too.
>>
When I was in university 2-3 years ago there were a fucking shitload of kids who made money by faking illnesses to get scripts for Xanax and other drugs, then selling them by the pill. Don't know if it's widespread outside of universities
>>
>>74158393
You can die of alcohol and benzo withdrawal relitatively easily(of course benzo are more potent than alcohol) because of their influence on GABA receptors directly (can shut down the whole GABAminergic inhibitory pathways). Opioid receptors are less vital, they inhibit GABAminergic neurons but through opioid receptors and their are many other types of incoming receptors which do compensate, so withdrawal of opiates is not often associated with death
>>
>>74160054
>No. You haven't explained what the actual problem is yet fucker
I WENT THROUGH IT STEP MY STEP, YOU CUNT. GO BACK AND LOOK RETARD.
No.74157310
>>
>>74157838
Mitä vittua nyt taas pekka? Xanor-asiakkaat ovat mukavia, kohteliaita ja maksavat joko käteisellä tai sossun maksusitoomuksella.

And we don´t even sell Xanax in Finland It´s name is Xanor. Basically every customer is a nice customer in pharmacy.
t. a pharmacist.
>>
>>74159689
tell me how healthy you feel after holding one of your dying children in your arms after a car accident
or could you even imagine that, being the stereotypical egocentric american CUNT that you are?

get lost, you old loser, a real man your age would've figured out how to vent his political constipation in a constructive avenue instead of preaching about shit you know NOTHING about on site that an entire generation too late for you
>>
>>74160170
That's part of the issue, mate. Also, if your pharmacy doesn't have in the number you need, you need to go back to doctor and have him resend it.

And the pharmacies cannot tell even the doctor if they have any controlled shit in stock bc afraid of being robbed.

So you can literally end up driving to 6-7 different pharmacies. It's insane, and no other state has this.

No one was insane enough to forge a script, they were all scanned and check for the seal with a computer, and the dose number was written 2x on the script.

and if pharmcist had any issue reading it, they always call to check.

Thi sis just insanity, completely politically motivated. The doctors and pharmacists--and esp people--hate it.

I think they're gonna end up having to rescind it. MY friends who are vets and go to a VA can still get their scripts and have no issues.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 870x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 870x790
>>74156001

>realize I'm talking to a boomer

Holy shit I've had a similar issue with boomer doctors
>>
Have you tried to wean off, and perhaps try a different medicine, OP?

I'm also a professional and take xanax. I'd like to quit but any time I get close, I lose focus at work.
>>
>>74160579
Fuck Cuomo. He's the one responsible for this insanity
>>
my state blames prescriptions

the real problem is dealers from out of state

every single person we get is some nig from NY or NJ
>>
>>74160606
the boomers in finland can be real hard asses too
fucking lutherans everywhere
they'll throw in female lesbian priests but i can't smoke cannabis
>>
>>74155427
>healthcare is so shitty in Canada

I thought you guys had free healthcare.
>>
>>74157184
I have ADHD and controlled substances are the best pain in the ass to get. I have to see the fucking doctor every time I need a refill
>>
>>74160764
i came down a bit, from 180 a month to 120. I tried...2 years ago, during my "gap year," to wean off and I ended up in bed, shaking, unable to even get into the shower.

I don't know friend. If you aren't in NYC, you might not have a problem. They say there's a le-reddit board that caters to doing it over Tor, I'm probably going to end up looking into that rather than dropping dead of a seizure.

Also, could never function in school or now at my internship without it, I don't know what to even do at this point friend.
>>
>>74154495
That's something we have had here for years, so stop complaining and welcome to the modern world.
>>
>>74154495
Having the same issue with adderall. I have to pay $60 every two months to my campus psychiatrist to get a script.
>>
>tfw can't even get my bc without going through a fucking doctor
>doctor is a lazy shitstain always late to give the pharmacy my script
>caused me to be late more than once
>have to get it "refilled" every 3 months
>they always want to give me a pregnancy test or a pap smear when I don't want or need those stupid things
>they would not even give me a script for bc without giving me a pap smear first, an invasive and painful procedure where they shove poky metal and plastic things up the goo
>blackmailed me into undergoing that by holding my bc script hostage

Not exactly recreational you cunts. Just another way to tie is not only to their system but to a geographic area, to keep tabs on us and limit our movement. If I wanted to go backpacking in europe for 3 months I literally could not because they won't give me 3 packs of pills in advance. I'm about to move and it's gonna be a nightmare having them fax my shit over to??? where??? I don't have a doctor there yet. Why do I need a fucking doctor at all? Almost wish I could just deal with the drug manufacturer directly.

There is no drug problem in america, that's just what they want you to think so they can take away one more facet of your freedom. There's no point to it practically, they just want to be in control of anything they can so YOU are underneath THEM and their power. Slow road to a totalitarian dictatorship. Instead of one cunt we got a whole bureaucracy's worth of 'em.
>>
>>74161608
pregabaline helped me off xanax.
>>
>>74160764
also-- have tried klonopin and valium. For whatever reason, even with the short half-life, it just works for me.

i know a decent amount about pharmacology. All brain chemistries are different, psycho-pharm is more art than science.

Essentially, you need to use yourself as a guinea pig and find what works for you. If clonopin or valium are easier to get and give you same results, go for it.
>>
File: sweden--yess!!.jpg (311 KB, 1124x1409) Image search: [Google]
sweden--yess!!.jpg
311 KB, 1124x1409
>>74161614
>That's something we have had here for years
Yes, but you are also cuckolds who can't own firearms and can't piss while standing up anymore.

If we are now on same level as Swedes, we are in dangerous territory. Also, NYS is only state in union to have this bullshit.
>>
>>74154495
This is the world the jews want, soon they will want you to pay everything with a chip under your skin.
>>
>>74161608
I become worthless when I wean too. Im terrified of the long term effects though.
>>
>>74161752
not sure we have it in US, but will serch it, thanks. You'd be amazed not only what isn't available here, but what they charge for what is.

when i spent my year in EU, could not belief the prices of drugs, and they were still in the packets, right from pharmacy, rather than some Jew mixing it up and putting into a bottle.

What I'm inferring from this thread is that I'm fucked, and going to have to really start researching RCs.
>>
>>74162157
>long term effects
From everything I learned in psychopharm, benzos and opiates are not known to have any longterm effects.

Based on current research (at least as far as 3 years ago), taking uppers for ADD or weed for whatever have a much greater chance of causing longterm neurological damage.
>>
>>74162287
My research has indicated that long term benzo use can permanently alter your gaba production. It can also cause apathy. I'm experiencing the latter but im also prone to depression as many who take benzos are.
>>
I legitimately don't recognise any of these drug names. I'm not on anything and neither is anyone I know. Aside from a few things like my father and his ibuprofen for his bath pains.

I had no idea so many people rely on this stuff.
>>
>>74162659
4chan attracts those with mental afflictions. Welcome and enjoy your stay
>>
>>74162167
I feel with you regarding the price, meds are very expensive here as well but we don't get the heat because of insurance. neurontin is the 'old' pregabaline, both are available as generics here (allthough I pay the extra for the original because fuck generics). I have heard that kicking pregabaline is very hard though, I have halved the dose in 4 years (600mg -> 300) without a lot of trouble. used to be hammering 6mg xanax and countless dia's. switched directly to 600mg pregabaline withoud any issues.
>>
>>74154495
Enjoy your dementia at 50
>>
>>74162482
>It can also cause apathy
You can never rely on those bc "correlation does not equal causation."
They type of person the are going to test is almost certainly going to be a depressive type, bc anxiety and depression tend to go hand and hand.
also, is this on people who are off xanax or...there are so many variables to take into account. Also, used to use a BAGA supplement for bodybuilding, if you are legitorried about that, you can still order GABA.

What worries me is that they keep moving in the direction of more and more nanny state, more control, more lists, more restriction...we keep getting more freedoms taken away.

And for the cunts who do take pain pills, they are going to just drive them to heroin. Aren't going to magically stop.
>>
>>74162992
>dementia at 50
If that gives me 27 years of being able to function normally, it's a fair trade.
>>
>>74162798
>pregabaline
let me look this up and see if they even have it here. I'm down to 3 day supply left and I'm panicking, and all the shrinks have fucking months long waiting lists.
Not sure what they expect me to do just being cut off this way.
>>
It's just this decade's drug hysteria. There is no epidemic of opioid abuse. There is an epidemic of ignorance, under prescribing, acetaminophen, and mostly PAIN (mental and physical). Making drugs harder to get just benefits drug dealers by increasing the demand, which jacks the prices. "Compassionate care" just replaces law enforcement and jail with beds and rehab. But this whole thing will blow over and everyone will pretend it never happened, except there will be more brutal "anti-drug" laws that don't work and more lives fucked over. It's bullshit.
>>
>>74162798
oh dude, that's lyrica, use it for nerve pain here. I think my mom actually has a shit load of it at her house, could go get some and try it I guess, but based on it's pharm description not sure would do much.

Just trying to sense if any other NYers here are having big issues with this new bullshit so maybe we can get it overturned. These days, no one can "forge" a script. The phams (used to) scan them, put under a a literal microscope to check for irregularities.

Anyone else from NY state, if enough of us complain maybe we can get Cuomo to overturn. The nightmare is, your pharm does not have it. and you're fucked, have to go back to doctor, have it sent to another one, THEy might not have....it just, there's no end to it...
>>
>>74163456
>more brutal "anti-drug" laws that don't work and more lives fucked over
Exactly. Was reading in NYC papers...88 ppl die from drug overdoses a day...all that shit, most of it is heroin, and what isn't is fent that comes in from Canada where they get that shit cheaper and easier.

So basically, are going to ruin lives of people who actually benefit from Xanax, and I guess some who benefit from ritalin ( don't know anything about it), and in process how many lives will they destroy?

People who are addicted to opiates will just go to fuckinh heroin.
>>
Hope they never take away muh dxm
>>
>>74161692
wow, just dawned on me, we have a female posting on /pol/ for a long time and no one said "tits or gtfo." Place is changing.

Couldn't you threaten "sexual harassment" or something for them pulling that shit if it's a male doctor?
>>
>he's depressed
>let's give him meth so he works regardless

My experience with pill farms
>>
My mom has a pretty bad perscription drug problem. Pretty sure shes addicted to opiate pain killers. She usually mixes it with wine and its never a good combo.

I think theres a problem. I think it stemmed from one of the surgerys she had.
>>
>>74163670
exactly, lyrica.
here it is sold for epilepsy, anxiety and neuropathic pain.
max. dose is 600mg, in two doses. you can spread it out through the day and it'll balance you well. if you need it fast then snort it or for the very anxious ir can be used in an enema apparently.
>>
>>74163456
Where do you live faggot?
>>
>>74163456
>except there will be more brutal "anti-drug" laws that don't work and more lives fucked over
Something like 16% of people in prison are in there for drugs kid, stop spouting that liberal meme.
>>
>>74154903
> they scan everything
No they don't.

Do you have any idea how many tones of weed is shipped through the mail daily?

You have no fucking clue.
>>
>>74163670
The problem is that they went to official prescription pads to try to force security features and serial numbers (scanning in to check that numbers were not being reused) but sometimes docs still had a number of sheets from the pad stolen or entire pads and failed to report. Also forcing e-prescription means auditable records on both sides and more easy tracking of what doctor is prescribing what..

The biggest case you can make is that the two factor auth and registration requirements make it very difficult or impossible for a doctor to prescribe in emergency or urgent situations where they are available by phone but a computer, internet, or 2FA device they need for e-prescription login is not available.
>>
>>74163670
neurontin is the old drug, lyrica (pregabaline) is the active metabolite and is sold as the followup. here (in my oppinion) you can find credible info: https://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Neurontin
>>
>>74164399

female doctor and no, the cunt card doesn't work like that. It's established medical procedure. Just like you can't use the cunt card to get out of a tsa rape at the airport, you can't get out of what the government/medical "profession" say is necessary. We're all just cattle to them, male or female.
>>
Sometimes buy antibiotics online to have for emergency.

Never had any mind altering drugs our pain killers until now.

My dog got had to get his spleen removed giving him tramadol. Drugs really helping him.
>>
>>74162773
I feel so at home ;-)
>>
File: image.png (234 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
234 KB, 640x1136
I was a heroin addict for 6 yrs. got on methadone recently, and my life has improved 1000 x. Methadone is basically an antidepressant that takes away your drug cravings. Its listed as one of the "50 essential medicines for advanced society" for a reason. All u children calling opiate use degenerate, just know that there are many addicts who are far superior to you.
Oh, and methadone raises ur iq after 10 years of being on it.
Read page 11 and see picture.
http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/meth347.pdf
>>
>>74164883
>The biggest case you can make
No, you don't "get it." Quite often, a pharmacy won't have 120 xanax in stock. If you take a partial refill on them...say, 70 of them then your script is dead, all you get for month.

Normally, used to just take script to next pharmacy. Can no longer do that, have to go back to doctor. And they will not tell ayone, even doctor, if they have a controlled substance in stock since some asshole shot up a phamacy in long island for a few vicodin a few years ago.

so you can literally spend 3 days having to go to pahamcies and back to Dr. to try to find your meds. I've had to go to 5 or 6 pharms in past. Now I can't even do that, hav eto go back to docotor, then try pharm, then back to Dr.

If were going ot computerize, why not add feature where it tells Dr. if they have it in stock?

But I'm a fucking "pill head" for not wanting to go to 5 or 6 pharmacies and back to doctor for 2 fucking days.
>>
>>74154903
Ever tried inositol? It's pretty weak but you can buy it on Amazon
>>
For people mentioning Lyrica:

Don't take it. Severe withdrawals kick in after 2 weeks of taking it. Take benzodiazepines instead or try and figure out if a health problem is causing your anxiety because Lyrica is a dirty jew drug.
>>
>>74154495
>Does US really have a "prescription drug problem?
Yes, but what you're describing won't help it. The problem is over-prescribing and doctors nkt really giving a shit about the drugs they hand out.
>>
>>74154495
This is a sign for you to stop taking that shit. You'll feel better eventually, trust me.
>>
>>74154495
>Now in NY state, all scripts, even for anti-biotics, have to be sent direct to pharmacies by computer

This is the work of lobbyist working for health care software vendors like Cerner.

It has nothing to do with prescription drug abuse.
>>
>>74154495
enjoy your seizures...in all honesty, sue your doctor...you can have a claim that he caused dependancy
>>
>>74169970
>mfw my doctor overprescribes everything and doesnt give a fuck about his negative reviews
>>
>>74158709
So Xanax puts you on autopilot? I've got super bad anxiety and I've been debating whether or not to get a prescription but that sounds pretty good.
>>
>>74154903
Xanax is a schedule 4, and the reason cocaine is a schedule 2 instead of 1 is that it still has medical application as it is a REALLY good topical analgesic and vasoconstrictor.
>>
>>74154495
The government is taking away your doctor's right to prescribe you the medication that you need in a convenient way.

The government is at fault, a government controlled by your generation, not this latest generation.

It's okay grandpa, I get that you're a little slow after being drugged for so long.
>>
>>74156001
I'm surprised they didn't start you off with sertraline (SSRI) first go, as it's indicated for both anxiety and ptsd. I'm a little unsure why they'd give you an atypical antipsychotic as a switch from benzo, which are really for short term use.
>>
>>74158993
My entire family did this back when Xanax was a housewife drug and not a street drug back in the 2000's. I remember going to the clinic with my mom and the guy was some unprofessional yogi who had his waiting room stuffed to the brim with middle aged ladies (pretty sure you have to wait weeks in advance for an appointment). My mom went to see him for one minute and came out with a fresh prescription. The guy lost his license and got sued to hell for malpractice though.
>>
>>74154495
>I take fucking xanax for muh anxiety (I know, fuck you), have been taking since I was 12.

jesus god I'm glad I'm not an american
>>
>>74157628
Starting to think that maybe doctor's need to get off their high horse, and start letting pharmacists actually have an actual say in regards to prescribing, as that is what pharmacists study and focus on.
>>
>>74154495

obongo is plain nuts, he just forced the entire usa to cold turkey. because all usa is probably on drugs, americans are pill obsessed, weak fatasses
>>
>>74154495
Overperscription of opiods is a big problem. Even if they completely stop hundreds of thousands will still be hooked.
>>
File: 1425951303341.png (459 KB, 846x1038) Image search: [Google]
1425951303341.png
459 KB, 846x1038
>>74154495
I'm a pharmacist in New York

Fuck off, drug problem is huge and you are part of the problem with your benzo shit.
>>
>>74170903
If I honestly could, I'd tear up 75% of the percocet, norco, and oxy Rxs I receive. Not because I'm against opioids, but because I just know that it's a nog looking to get high from pain pills. They also tend to forgo antibiotics for the opioids if everything isn't free.
>>
>>74155585
>I'm in a similar situation because my doctor retired and since the healthcare is so shitty in Canada I don't get a reference for another doctor, I'm on a 1 year waiting list

The fuck?

My doctor retired and all of his patients were given a list of doctors. Any of those doctors would take his patients without question.

I seriously doubt your doctor retired and left all his patients high and dry. I don't believe you are telling us the full story here.
>>
>>74154495
Yea I feel this on the inside. My meds kept me from killing stupid people. Now I'm out of meds super pissed cleaning my weapons. Not good USA. Not good at all.
>>
File: no.gif (2 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2 MB, 400x170
>>74166992
>I was an addict that couldn't control his base urges without a brain altering drug
>now I can do amazing things like hold onto a job and not be a drain on society
>just know that i am superior
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.