[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Welfare Revisions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: tumblr_nz23jbGTzL1trmx0mo1_1280.jpg (230 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz23jbGTzL1trmx0mo1_1280.jpg
230 KB, 1280x960
Obviously we can't completely eliminate welfare because dindus and neets will chimp/sperg out. So instead, we need to incentivize the welfare populace to do something with their lazy asses. Right now there is no incentive to work because welfare is usually more than getting a job and working for that money.

I have a few revisions that would work. Post yours too.
>must be in education employment or training to receive bux, once employed for 5 years bux removed
>mandatory drug tests, if youre spending the public's bux or your new job's bux on drugs you should be immediately taken off, no forgiveness as it's what you agreed to.
>>
sage

fuck off. most people on wealth fare legitimately need assistance. It barely costs anything to the US.

What actually is waste of money is stupid wars perpetuated by Bush, Obama and soon to be Hillary unless Trump wins, in which case we go 10 trillion more in debt due to tax cuts on the super rich.
>>
A FUCKING SHEEP
>>
File: badassmotherfucker.jpg (67 KB, 800x459) Image search: [Google]
badassmotherfucker.jpg
67 KB, 800x459
>>74143702
http://toprightnews.com/maine-just-put-welfare-leeches-in-their-place-every-american-needs-to-see-what-happened-next/
>>
>>74143702
>Obviously we can't completely eliminate welfare because dindus and neets will chimp/sperg out
That's what napalm is for.

>>74143839
>most people on wealth fare legitimately need assistance. It barely costs anything to the US.
Libtard faggot. Also:
>dat pic
Stop promoting degeneracy OP.
>>
>>74143702
Basic income for all. A stipend.

If you want to rise above track suit bleached vodka nigger then you have to apply yourself, and make something of your life.
>>
>>74143839
>fuck off. most people on wealth fare legitimately need assistance.

Okay? I never said they didn't need assistance. What welfare needs to be is ASSISTANCE. NOT RELIANCE. Welfare should help citizens back onto their feet, but that's not what is happening. Many recipients just take their bux and sit at home with no job, enjoying their new state-bought iphone. If they were REALLY interested in getting back to being a productive member of society they will get a job or education so that they can do so.
>>
>>74143839
oh look, a kiwi talking about burgerland.

government dole ruin most people.
>most people on wealth fare legitimately need assistance.
nah, they don't. they just act like they do. if they couldn't get it, they wouldn't have acted in a way to get it.

>>74144178
No, NEETBux are even more degenerate. You get sunlight and air by virtue of being on earth, and a family by virtue of birth.
>>
>>74144305
>No, NEETBux are even more degenerate. You get sunlight and air by virtue of being on earth, and a family by virtue of birth.

Well duh, that's why they wouldn't exist. If you're a NEET, you wouldn't get them if the requirement for bux was to be in education/employment.
>>
File: file.png (71 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
file.png
71 KB, 640x624
>>74143702
Transition to a Universal Basic Income system. Cancel all current welfare programs, and distribute the money to every citizen evenly. Based on the 2016 budget, it works out to just over $1,000 a month for every US citizen over 21.
>>
File: 1453110920920.jpg (71 KB, 1024x647) Image search: [Google]
1453110920920.jpg
71 KB, 1024x647
>tfw neetbux for life

enjoy cucking yourself, wagecucks. i'll be spending every moment of the day indulging in my various interests and hobbies while you break your back to line the pockets of a filthy jew.
>>
>>74144702
>Transition to a Universal Basic Income system. Cancel all current welfare programs, and distribute the money to every citizen evenly. Based on the 2016 budget, it works out to just over $1,000 a month for every US citizen over 21.

Not bad. Doesn't seem like it would save us much money however
>>
>>74144738
>my various interests and hobbies
>fapping and watching anime
>>
>>74145087
Well it wouldn't save money at all, we would still be spending the exact same amount. It would just be spent in a much more efficient and beneficial way.
>>
rations

basic human supplies and sustenance instead of giving money to people with addictions. If you want more, than contribute to society.
>>
>>74145528
Sounds good on paper, but I'm not sure how it would work. They tried that on the refugees in Germany and they sharia'd out and rioted for cash so they could smoke cigarettes and send money back to their home country.
>>
>>74143702
errr

welfare is for people who can't get employment/are between jobs

Demanding you work in order to get welfare just... defeats the purpose.
>>
negative income tax
>>
>>74143702
these are nice breasts
>>
File: 1332028089307.jpg (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1332028089307.jpg
31 KB, 250x250
>>74145950
>badly done fake tits
>tattoos
>>
>>74143702
Those are some shitty looking tits.
>>
>>74143839
Holy fucking shit when the fuck did tumblr arrive?
>>
File: 18xqdfwfaa7h7jpg.jpg (70 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
18xqdfwfaa7h7jpg.jpg
70 KB, 800x451
>>74143702

Awesome tits, terrible tattoos.

Welfare should be increased so that middle class workers no longer have to have a job to get a paycheck.
>>
Here, better revision
>Unless you are mentally or physically handicapped or are currently employed you must serve in the armed forces if you are between the ages of 18 and 25.
>>
1. SNAP benefits are the most effective welfare program. It keeps people fed (giving them the ability to work better, learn better, and less incentive to commit crimes) and that money is directly injected back into the economy at a local level, meaning that impoverished areas benefit even more from the program, in that the money will sustain amenities like a decent grocery store. It's an incredible program and the only thing that can replace it in effectiveness is actual jobs.

2. Drug testing for welfare costs more money than is saved by rooting out drug users. Every state that has implemented drug testing as a "cost-saving measure" has lost money on it.
>>
>>74144702

What website is that?
>>
>>74146203
http://rooseveltinstitute.org/beta-universal-basic-income-calculator/
The figures it gives by default are a few years out of date, got new ones from here:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/interactive-budget
>>
>>74146354

Thanks, mate.
>>
>>74146173

What do you think about "workfare"?

>Governor LePage passed a measure last year that requires recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program (SNAP) to complete a certain number of work, job-training, or volunteer hours in order to be eligible for assistance. The new requirement has resulted in a dramatic decline in food stamp enrollment, resulting in a logical win-win for all of Maine.
>At the end of 2014 the enrollment count for SNAP was approximately 12,000 individuals. Now that individuals have to complete either 20 hours of part-time work a week, volunteer for at least 24 hours per month, or get involved in a vocational program, the amount of SNAP recipients has dramatically dropped from 12,000 to approximately 2,500 by the end of March — a nearly 80% reduction in welfare.
http://toprightnews.com/maine-just-put-welfare-leeches-in-their-place-every-american-needs-to-see-what-happened-next/
>>
>>74145907
Anybody can go to vocational school then get a job as an electrician.
>>
>>74146464
Anybody with the money, you mean.
>>
File: 061116.friedman.jpg (1 MB, 1766x2354) Image search: [Google]
061116.friedman.jpg
1 MB, 1766x2354
>>74143702
Milton Friedman's negative income tax.

https://youtu.be/xtpgkX588nM
>>
File: 1460606191830.jpg (80 KB, 720x1133) Image search: [Google]
1460606191830.jpg
80 KB, 720x1133
>>74145997
Those tattoos are so shitty
>>
>society expects people to work
>society does not help them get jobs
wat do
>>
File: 1462575469286.jpg (21 KB, 687x417) Image search: [Google]
1462575469286.jpg
21 KB, 687x417
>>74143839
>most people on wealth fare legitimately need assistance
No they don't. They need work. Those genuinely unable to work without family to care for them, through no fault of their own, are so few in number charity could easily keep them housed and fed.
>It barely costs anything to the US.
It's not about cost. Welfare subsidizes poverty, increasing its prevalence. Obviously you cannot eliminate poverty by paying people to be poor.
>stupid wars
Do foreigners really not have the slightest clue about how America works?
>>74144128
>>74144702
Let's take away the biggest incentive to work. What could possibly go wrong!
>>
>>74146882
dude it is not that fucking hard to get a job. if some shit brained high schooler can pick up a job somewhere so can some able-bodied adult. there is only a job shortage for people that refuse to work any job but their "dream job"
>>
>>74146979
There would still be plenty of incentives to work with a UBI in place. Living on $1k a month would be bare subsistence, and unlike traditional welfare system UBI leaves no barriers for people to work for additional income if they wish. Under this system you could also abolish minimum wage.
>>
>>74147229
Personally, I'm in a situation where I'm working, but welfare would actually pay me more money, but if I go on welfare I can't keep going to school, and I'll have to eventually find a new job once welfare ends.

It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>74143702
>must be in education employment or training to receive bux, once employed for 5 years bux removed
I support this generally. But the economy's greater need for human labor is shrinking every day.

>mandatory drug tests, if youre spending the public's bux or your new job's bux on drugs you should be immediately taken off, no forgiveness as it's what you agreed to.
Didn't Florida try this and they only caught like 12 people at a cost of several hundred thousand dollars?

Eventually we should implement UBI. That would remove the fiscal cliff that disincentives work as people start earning enough to make them ineligible for all of the financial benefits they start out qualifying for under the current system.
>>
>>74147394
This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about, current welfare systems are a trap that can be difficult to escape.
>>
File: 1462554882244.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
1462554882244.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
>>74147229
>There would still be plenty of incentives to work with a UBI in place.
You clearly haven't spent anytime around welfare recipients. I was a maintenance tech at section 8s for years, I've met hundreds of people on dem programs, and I can say with 100% certainty these people have no drive whatsoever in life. They choose to be unemployable degenerates. We should be deporting these people, not enabling them.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.