[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an idea for a modern infantry force that would render
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1463202824044.jpg (70 KB, 720x507) Image search: [Google]
1463202824044.jpg
70 KB, 720x507
I have an idea for a modern infantry force that would render current ground troops obsolete and revolutionize infantry combat. Would like to discuss with those interested. The fact of the matter is, unless we put boots on the ground, we can't hope to liquidate ISIS and maintain moral authority.
>>
>>74107956
>liquidate ISIS
just stop funding them
>>
The Yanks dont want to liquidate ISIS, only contain them. They are a useful proxy army.
e.g mujihadeen in Afghan. US supplied them too
>>
go on then, what's your idea?
>>
File: meh.ro563.jpg (88 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro563.jpg
88 KB, 640x356
>>74107956
I'm sure you idea is wonderful, but as Anons pointed out, we aren't meant to "win" against ISIS just yet. The entire thing is a charade at the behest of the Jews and the crypto jews in Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>74108455

We need heavily armored infantry, encased from head to toe with the most advanced and modern body armor available today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8tYcSErWa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYaSRIbPWkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjWGAKyo4U

Such soldiers would also be equipped with highly advanced ballistics shields and would march in formation. Organization and command would be issued using advanced satellite telecommunications technology. Each "maniple" would be trained to function in and organic and fluid manner.

Weaponry would be a standard issue "baynoted" 9mm micro-uzi machine pistol. "bayonetted" meaning, a clamp that wraps around the base of the handle and barrel would allow the soldier to attach a large combat knife slightly smaller than a gladius so that after an initial wave of suppressing fire, soldiers could conserve ammunition and charge enemy positions.
>>
>>74108972
right, so your idea is space marines. great job

1. that would be too expensive
2. marching in formation is just going to make them easier to spot and shoot at from a distance
3. if the satellite signal gets scrambled (which would be the enemy's go-to) or they wander into a place with no signal then the whole unit is fucked
4. fucking uzis with knives on them would be shit for long range combat
>>
>>74109962

The whole point is an armored charge and capture of territory. Uzis have an effective range of 200 yards. Enemy ranged fire with standard issue automatic rifles would be completely neutralized.

We would go house to house, building to building, root them out, and kill them. All concentrated resistance would be scattered and dismantled.

Additionally, if satellite communications broke down, the standard issue headsets to switch to a local frequency and direct control could be maintained via on the ground leadership.

Right now, we are just firing missles, each one costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, and accomplishing what exactly? Harassment?

March in, capture their cities, defeat and kill the enemy.
>>
>>74111032

So let me just outline the advantages of heavily armored infantry units:

-Less expensive to operate
-Coordinated group fire
-Impervious to small arms fire
-Superior mob control
-Superior defensive perimeters
-Ammunition conservation
-Superior organization and communications

Give a capable general a force like this, and we could just march in to Raqqa like a modern day Roman empire and set the whole nest on fire, and there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do about it.
>>
>>74109962

Another thing I'd like you to consider is that Space Marines are a concept born out of science fiction, involving theoretical non-existent technologies of the far future, whereas what I am proposing involves a re-fashioning of technology we already possess.
>>
So what happens when they decide to allah ackbar you with a large petrol tanker? That's going to be a lot of dead soldiers and a lot of very experience hardware up in smoke.

Columned/regimented units got abandoned for a good reason, especially in a guerilla warfare environment. If you have large units of close range, tightly-packed heavy armour troops they'll just find a way of cancelling their advantage out.

>Long range weapons
>High calibre sniper rifles
>Artillery
>Anti-tank weapons

It's like the introduction of tanks, first they had shock value then everyone found ways to destroy them at close range with molotovs and other fuckery that subverted their advantages into a disadvantage.
>>
This is satire, right?
>>
>>74112854

Well, first of all, I could think of multiple potential ways of killing a group like the one I am describing, and multiple ways to avoid having them killed. Obviously we wouldn't want these expensive suits of armor out in the open to get shredded by artillery and ranged weaponry... but the dragon skin itself is extremely lightweight, and although the individual would be encumbered he could still take cover or reform.

Heavy infantry assets would be used to seize and secure builds and territory, not sent out into the open to get bombed. If the war against Isis were simple a question of open war on the field, we'd have won a long time ago.
>>
>>74114141

>Group all your soldiers together
>Single explosion
>Lose an entire fucking platoon

You're an idiot with no military understanding, OP. A complete fucking underage faggot
>>
>>74108972
Good job coming up with an idea that's been thought of by many, many different people over the last 50 years
>>
>>74107956
>we can't hope to liquidate ISIS
Why should we be involved in a foreign civil war? We have done entirely too much getting into other people's shit across the ocean. This world police bullshit needs to stop. It's not good for anything and it throws good American lives away for nothing.
>>
>>74115727

You wouldn't march through the streets. You would be delivered via convoy, preferably aerial, proceed directly to the objective, and then form up on site. Heavy infantry in this style could just as easily take cover, but they have the option of forming up for mob control and a far greater degree of protection.
>>
File: innanutshell.jpg (18 KB, 342x345) Image search: [Google]
innanutshell.jpg
18 KB, 342x345
>>74108106
/thread
>>
>>74108972
>march in formation
>someone shoots a rocket at them
>50 people die from one rocket
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.