[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gargamel from the Smurfs a Jew?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1463249075407.jpg (26 KB, 274x400) Image search: [Google]
1463249075407.jpg
26 KB, 274x400
Is Gargamel from the Smurfs a Jew?
>>
>>74078378

yes
>>
Isn't is original plan to make gold out of smurfs?
>>
>>74078378
Yes.
>>
Is he evil and a lover of money?
>>
>>74078634
No, not at all. It's a rejuvenating potion that needs smurf juice.
>>
>>74078378

No. The matter has been discussed to death.

It's possible he was influenced by images of Jews he'd seen as a child when designing the character but he vehemently denied that he was.
>>
>>74078818

>I did not have sexual relations with that woman
>>
File: 2Wicked-Queen-Snow-white.jpg (276 KB, 1603x1280) Image search: [Google]
2Wicked-Queen-Snow-white.jpg
276 KB, 1603x1280
Yes I thoughts so, he's the typical Jewish stereotype.
Do you know of any other negative characters from cartoons which portray Jews?
The evil granny witch from Snow white?
>>
When I was a kid, I heard Gargamel was a priest and the smurfs were the seven cardinal sins with Papa smurf as Satan
>>
>>74078945

Daffy Duck is pretty greedy, and very funny.

mort from family guy of course.

i know there's others. all the good, old cartoons did this. looney tunes, popeye, etc.
>>
>>74079195
What the hell
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargamel#Jewish_stereotype

>According to French sociologist Antoine Buéno, Gargamel is suggestive of a stereotype of a Jew, having a big nose, magic powers, love of gold, and keeping a Mezuzah by the door of his hut (clearly identifiyable in several panels of the comic).

>In addition, Gargamel's cat Azrael’s name in Hebrew actually means “God is my helper” (in Israel he is called “Hathattul” which is composed of the Hebrew words `Hat` - which is fear in Hebrew, and `hatul` - cat; literally meaning "fearsome cat"). In both Jewish and Muslim tradition, Azrael is the name of the angel of death. In addition to that, it was a Jewish name, so it could be used as an injoke for Delporte's Jewish wife.

>On the other hand, the name "Gargamel" is not a Jewish name but taken from Rabelais' classic Gargantua and Pantagruel, where Gargamelle is the mother of Gargantua and a giant, which is appropriate since Gargamel is a giant compared to the Smurfs.
>>
>>74078378
No, the Smurfs are Bolshevik Jews and Gargamel is the Anglo

The Smurfs are communist propaganda
>>
>>74078378

That's the reason why Smurfs is my favorite cartoon.
>>
File: image.gif (826 B, 120x160) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
826 B, 120x160
>>74078945
Mr. Krabs
>>
File: image.png (253 KB, 550x369) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253 KB, 550x369
>>74078378
>>74078945
Pic related
>>
not every greedy character is supposed to be a jew. greed in itself is a funny and easy concept to portray, see Scrooge McDuck.

With Mr Krabs it's obvious: all other protagonists play deadly sins and he doesnt even have a big nose.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.