[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to make meaningful friends nowadays? I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 1536x1021) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 1536x1021
Why is it so hard to make meaningful friends nowadays? I feel like the day you leave highschool everyone is out to fuck you. The vast majority of people I've recently met just wanted to take advantage put of everybody.

Is this a modern thing or has it always been like this?
>>
>>73934594
i dunno man no new friends since highschool either tho
10 years...
>>
I use to be friends with everyone in high school. As soon as it was over there was really no reason to talk to any of them besides one guy that I would go hiking with on the weekends.

I basically just talk to him and 2 guys that live in the same building as him because they let me in.
>>
File: 1.png (34 KB, 621x577) Image search: [Google]
1.png
34 KB, 621x577
>>73934594
>underageb&

It doesn't matter what the fuck I say to you because in 5 years you're going to be fucked up in some other useless unrelated direction coming back to us for another waste of time.

Don't be a cunt and sort your shit out.
>>
>>73934822
solid advice britbong

:^)

OP yes people will use you to get ahead and throw you under the bus to get a promotion. find a company or boss to work for that sees through the BS and employs good people and you'll be fine. sounds like youre in a government job or in finance
>>
Just go meet people. It's not rocket appliances.
>>
>>73934594
It's a modern thing. Smartphones and internet have obliterated relationships. That said, friendships after high school are more difficult.
>>
Social media has turned friends into commodities. The (normie) Internet has destroyed friendship.
>>
>>73934594
>>73934594
Ive only met/made one close friend since high school, my roomate from college. We lived together for 4 years and now whenever we see one another its instantly like we havent been apart (I only see him twice a year). People suck and I dont care about making more friends.
>>
>>73934594

I just think it's harder to meet interesting people outside of educational settings, but maybe social media has exacerbated whatever the problem is.

I've had decent success with meetup.com in new cities for making a few friends...they've got one for pretty much any hobby usually. It's not as weird as you think it would be, everyone's there because they like the same thing and want to talk about that thing. Met doctors, lawyers, and bankers through an MtG meetup
>>
The only men I consider real friends are my friends from the military. Would literally take a bullet for you without a thought.

When I got out I struggled making friends. I've met men i consider real friends at work (trades) and at church

It is hard to make real friends on this Facebook age for sure
>>
>>73934976
>sounds like youre in a government job or in finance

He's 15.

In real countries, 15 year olds are considered too inexperienced for a job with real responsibilites.

If he's 15 and in government then the country he is from must be really fucking retarded.
>>
>>73934594
The problem is that public school is filled with idiots. Gossip, bickering, fighting and showing off is the norm, because these individuals are simply less intelligent.
The solution is a charter, magnet or private high school. Students there actually care about studying, and don't chimp out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.