[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did your opa do in the war /pol/? P2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 48
File: 1463167089370.png (446 KB, 989x983) Image search: [Google]
1463167089370.png
446 KB, 989x983
>>73907042
Continuing this thread
>>
>>73909946
None of them were jew.
One was a from a bourgeois family from southern France, the other one was from russia/belarus
>>
>>73917776
My grandfather fought in WW1 as a Navyman.
My other grandfather didn't fight at all.
>>
Got drafted to the Volkssturm but the war was over before the 1st deployment
>>
>>73917776
read a lot of newspapers about the war. i guess
>>
>>73917776
One was a D-Day dodger who fought in Ortona and the other was captured in Hong Kong.

Both came back pretty fucked up.
>>
>>73917776
Fought in the Spanish division, "Blaue", up until Krasny Bor, where he got injured.
>>
>>73917776
Neither of my grandpas fought in WW2. However, my great grandfather was drafted into the Romanian infantry during WW2 and died in action.
>>
>>73918012
>Implying your grandpa did not come with the help of the vatican after the war
>>
My grandpa was a german soldier in the eastern push. He got injured by a grenade and got sent home. Still has shraphnel today
>>
>>73917776
Grampa was in the US Army Air Corp.
He dropped bombs on Germans. Did lots of night missions, too.
I am proud that he fought for our country, especially in something as dangerous as WWII air raids.
I am also kind of ashamed that he was on the wrong side, though.
>>
>Wrong place at the wrong time, >captured by nazis on suspicion of being a spy,
>escaped prison,
>joined the British Army,
>killed nazis in North Africa,
>got badges and shit

My other great grampa joined the Romanian army, heard the Russians were coming, and ran home.
>>
Mine was a tank sergeant, was killed by a grenade dripped into his tank. Only enough the only crewman who survived was some rookie who just joined up a few weeks before
>>
Polefag here.
As far as I know for certain, one of my great grandfathers served in WW2 as a motorised scout/ logistics for allies. Still have his jacket somewhere back home. And during WW1, another great grandfather from the other side of the family fought for the Austro-Hungary
>>
Killed - First Poles, then frenchies, then Russians, then americans.

He got captured and tried to organize a prison riot in his camp when they got wind of the Ardennen Offensive. Got transfered to Britain where he stayed until 47'. Returned home to Bavaria, joined the CSU and became District Administrator for 35 years or something. Approved a nuclear power plant.

Great guy, lived until 93. Hope you're happy in heaven gramps
>>
B17 bomber
blow'd the hell out of some nazi "factories"
got hit with AA, and decided not to risk crashing in the channel
belly landed in some fucking nazi sympathizer's farm in france
he get arrested and spends two years as a POW
came back starved, fucked up teeth, and beat up

stupid germans.

he served in korea for a small stint. he just said he was teaching koreans how to salute and be in the air force
>>
>>73918697
coward, but rationnal
>>
Fighting Japs in the Marines
>>
>>73917776
Mine was stationed in a base on the east cost of the US, he never saw combat, nothing special
>>
File: poppop Navy whites.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
poppop Navy whites.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>73917776
Poppop was a radar technician and radio operator on a blimp. he flew out of French Guiana and patrolled the south atlantic and Caribbean for Hun submarines
>pic related
>>
Various relatives of mine were everything under the sun, ranging from US Airborne to SS Officers to Canadian Infantry.
>>
He worked as a nurse.
>>
>>73917776
I don't know what one did but the other one hid Jews, learned how to read in prison and escaped a factory that blew up, to live in the wild afterwards because he couldn't go home until the end of the war.
>>
File: s_s07_RTR3A5KU.jpg (186 KB, 991x673) Image search: [Google]
s_s07_RTR3A5KU.jpg
186 KB, 991x673
>>73917776
this thread again?

nothing. none of my family members have been in any wars except for the 1862 dakota war, and that wasn't even really a war. more of a terrorist attack
>>
Fought Japs for Holland in Indonesia. Got captured but fucked up some Jap ships.
>>
My Opa was born in 1942 so mostly nothing.
>>
Which war. I have a list of ancestors

Dads side:
American Civil War - Confederate Soldier- Great Great great grandfather. He died at Chicamauga. Letters my grandpa has says he died carrying the battle flag toward a union defense at horseshoe-like formation. Another soldier wrote that letter. I might inherit it.

War against Spain
Great Grandfather, navy
workedin boiler room.

Moms side
War of the 7th Coalition
Distant Granfather, probably a lot of greats
Prussian infantry
Waterloo. Nuff sad.

Uncle served in Desert Storm as an artilleryman
Grandpa was in American occupied Germany as an army cook.
>>
>>73918850
Fury?
>>
>>73917776
Great-grandpa joined the party in the 20s (before it was cool) and went on to become Sturmbannführer.
AMA
>>
>>73919490
nice
>>
>>73919490
Why the fuck did you end up in Korea with a german ancestor?
Unless you are an American soldier waiting for Kim to grow balls?
>>
>>73917776
Fucked up killing the wrong people.
>>
My great-grandpas were on opposite sides of a civil war and they shot at each other multiple times because they were stationed in the same town.
They spent decades shittalking each other in family reunions.
>>
>>73919023
Sounds like he'll end up in hell.

Only Jews shall receive God's blessing.
>>
>>73919880
>American Civil War
>1861-1865
How old are you, anon?
>>
>>73917776
he did minesweeping then was with OSS
>>
>>73919676
heh not sure how to think of the guy to this day tbqh. All I know is he thought he was doing a good thing to the very end and at least pretended to not know about the really bad shit going on.

>>73919752
yea smth like that not a soldier though

>>73919880
>They spent decades shittalking each other in family reunions.
thats hilarious. In a funny way or were they serious?
>>
>>73917776
My grandfather fought in ww1 as an officer. And fought as an major in ww2, the armoured vehicle he was driving was hit by a bomb and he was the only survivor -2 legs. But because he wasn't a BITCH he didn't use a wheelchair, he used two Wooden legs.
>>
>>73920839
>family-guy-pirate.jpg
>>
File: 1362114723368.jpg (37 KB, 360x479) Image search: [Google]
1362114723368.jpg
37 KB, 360x479
>>73917776
my grandfather lied about his age to get in the army 2 years younger, got in the 101st airborne and fought D-Day, battle of the bulge and raided hitlers house

then he spent the rest of the war in france banging chicks with the rest of the 101st. had his pictures of the camps robbed by some cuck and published in magazines and shit later
>>
My grandfather was an alchoholic who drank himself to death
>>
>>73917894
> grandfather
> ww1
dude how old are you?
>>
>>73917776
>have nazi dagger from my grandfather's time in ww2
i'll see if i can dig it up.
>>
>>73917776
my grandfather was still young when the 2. world war ended so he migrated from prussia to western germany because he didn't wanted to live in commie land
>>
>>73917776
My Great Grandfather was in the Navy during the War and was a communications officer aboard the USS Fall River at the rank of Captain (wasn't in command of the ship). Prior to that he served aboard several other ships, including the USS Texas, USS South Dakota, and the USS Iowa.

I had a Great grandfather from a different branch of the family serve in WW1. Don't know anything about what he did other than that he drank himself to oblivion after he came home.

Had multiple relatives fight on both sides of the civil war, ranging from a Union private (who was also a German immigrant) to a minor Confederate General (don't remember his full name, but I think it was something-something Roundtree)

Don't know any specifics beyond that other than I had relatives in the American Revolution and that my first relatives in the country came over on the Winthrop Fleet in 1630, specifically some guy called Captain John Seaman, and his family history I can trace back to a Norman knight who fought at Hastings.
>>
I tried to warn you guys, but you missed out on Reunion in the last thread.
>>
>>73920984
This is the story I hear from everyone who's grandparent dodged the draft and sucked mommies titties during the war
>>
>>73917776
Shoveled shit in Louisianan.
>>
>>73917776
Navy, loading crew for a dreadnought. Primed lots of shells and came home safely, died 16 years ago in his bed, God rest his soul.
>>
File: opa.jpg (804 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
opa.jpg
804 KB, 2448x1836
>>73917776
Served on the eastern front and was Luftwaffe, also his brother was in north african panzer corps and I have a pic of him with rommel played music for him and shieet.
As for this pic its from my great grand father
>>
>>73919023
Based OPA
>>
>>73917776
My great grandfather was fighting alongside the Germans against the Russians at the river Don.
Luckily, he was an artillery officer, so he survived, but he was caught and became a POW. He could go home after the war.

My great-great grandfather was fighting alongside Austrians and the other nations of Austria-Hungary, against the Italians in the Alps.
They couldn't get papers to send letters home so he skinned the bark off birch trees and wrote onto them to his family with a pencil.
One day, he was shooting Italians from the top of a tower in some village, and the tower got hit with a shell. The roof fell on his head - he survived, but suffered a lasting, though only minor brain damage. He spent a bit of time at a hospital on the front, then was sent home.

Pic related is the coat of arms of my family.
We were granted nobility by the Habsburgs in the 1550's.
>>
>>73917776
My grandpa was a child

my great grandmother was head of an all female machine shop that built for the war effort

she was a cruel and vicious woman
Miss her still she was one hell of an awesome lady

fiercely loyal to family hated shitskins
Made fun of fatties in walmart to their faces at the ripeful age of 96.

Had an old lady beard and gave zero fucks
Told me how she had to kill my grandmothers rabbits during the depression so they could eat

taught me how to turn a soda can into a hobo stove in case another depression started.

Told me to make white babies and that mormons (we live in utah) are fucking crazy cultists

She used to make fun of fucking everyone to their faces (wannabe mexican mafia trash) although she was 96 and no one ever said shit

miss you great grandma

She married a UDT diver after my great grandpa died in the war. UDT were the original seals
>>
Paternal grandfather was a British navy officer, fighting japs in the Pacific mostly. Other grandfather is Belgian and lived under nazi occupation.
>>
Glider into normandy for d.day
Fought at bastonge for battle of the bulge
Said germans were pretty easy to shoot but they ran out of ammo
Sold so many lugers during war that he sent his mother cash to buy a new house.
Took artillery binoculars off 6'6 captured german
Was order to shoot russians in berlin if they were stealing from americans.
Cagey when asked if he killed any russians.
Bunch of dead friends he didnt want to talk about
10/10 would ww2 again.
>>
>>73919461
Movie was shit.
>>
>>73917776
Escaped a German camp to get caught by the Russians instead. Stole potatoes and grew more in latrine pits to survive.

;^)
>>
Paternal grandfather was among the first Estonian volunteers to join the German side in 1942. Served under Leningrad where he received several hits from a machine gun. He recovered and served during the Battle of Narva and then Tannenberg Line. Because he was a volunteer, life was made incredibly difficult for him after the war. He hated the Soviets with all of his guts, unfortunately he died just months before the beginning of the Singing Revolution.

Maternal grandfather was a bit younger and got conscripted in 1944, also served at Tannenberg Line.
>>
My gramps was a smuggler, he and his french friend eventually got caught and his friend was executed on the spot while my grandfather was sent to a labor camp.

He named his first born after him, robèrt
>>
my grandfather was a ship's cook on HMS Kent

he died before i was born

my other grandfather was not allowed to join up as his job was too important
>>
>>73922733
sick pic! But you just made it possible for undercover SJW to dox you.
>>
>>73923267
What did he smuggle?
>>
File: Beach.jpg (692 KB, 1322x1026) Image search: [Google]
Beach.jpg
692 KB, 1322x1026
>>73917776
One grandfather was too young to have fought in the war.
Now my dad's father. He was in the Dutch army when the Germans invaded.

Before the invasion took part he was tasked with defending this float plane on a lake. Was really chill. They stayed at a house on an island on the lake. They had to use a rowboat to get to shore. Drank beer and wine.
Then invasion happened and he got moved around. Can't recall to where but he was in signals and basically had to relay where the Germans were so artillery could pound them.
But that is not his tale of badassery.

Later Germans get near position and he fights. And he gets severely wounded. One bullet went into his mouth, struck his tooth and flew out the back of his neck, not severing his spine or anything vital. An artillery or mortar shell then also exploded above him, peppering his back with shrapnel. But being the stubborn grandmotherfucker he is, he refused to die from his injuries. Survived the war in one piece without any health problems. Got to be in his 90s in fact.

My mom's dad was an early jet fighter pilot after WW2. Don't know if he was present in Indonesia or not. He died when my mother was 16.
>>
Grandfather served with the 1st scots guard, and also with the first paras when the 6th norwegian attacked bergen during the failed assault on Germany.

Lied about his age so he could serve, I was named after him and he left me everything he brought back.

I feel that he'd beat me if he was here now.
>>
File: whalewhores3.jpg (34 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
whalewhores3.jpg
34 KB, 600x306
>>73917776
Riveted wings for the B-29. He actually worked the shift that riveted Elona Gays wings on. Joined the navy out of HS but only got in the last months of 1944. His brother was a navy corpsman embedded in 1st marines.

They both still hate nips today.
>>
>>73917776
Killed krauts.
>>
>>73923931
Failed assault on norway*
>>
File: panther_wiking_kovel.gif (2 MB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
panther_wiking_kovel.gif
2 MB, 300x180
Served the cause. That's the jest of it. Lot of ancestors scattered across the heer, ss (23rd, wiking, , luftwaffe- even a fallschirmjager. Although he mostly twiddled his thumbs in the latter years of the war.
>>
>>73917776
my one grandpa was drafted with 14. got hit by a grenade, wich fucked up his nose.
my other grandpa wouldn´t tell.
>>
>>73917776
Killed niggers in Angola
>>
>>73923656
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>73924257
And prolly left mullatos in Africa
>>
File: Tiger 1 Fire.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Tiger 1 Fire.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>73917776
>Dad great grandpa
>got in trouble letting local families get some food without food stamps
>every once in a while
>FDR ducks communist duck
>great grandpa sent over, moves through France as part of the U.S. Army.
>Germany 1945
>his unit is clearing towns in Germany
>he comes upon a young German
>he takes the German prisoner
>begins walking prisoner
>shot rips through his chest
>sniper in tree
>young German runs off
>Grandmother never saw her dad except when she was a baby.
>grandfather died for the banking families.
>Dad's great grandfather came from Germany
>had brothers in Germany
>fought in war not sure what happened to them
He also had family fight for the allies.
>>
>>73917776

Neither grandpa was allowed to enlist. Both had health issues. My paternal great grandpa tried to desert several times and came home with PTSD.

>tfw no cool military family members
>>
Both of my grandfathers were Waffen SS, one of my grandfather's regrets was not killing more Communists in his life.
>>
>>73917776
One fought as a sniper for the Allies.
A few great uncles, who are dead now, were Nazis.
>>
throwing rocks at a german officer
and getting spanked with a belt by this officer
>>
>>73917776

he fled from portugal to brazil mid-war with a modest inheritance

opened a small houseware store in downtown sao paulo, lived in a shitty apartment, got married to a german descended gal

after the war he managed to expand the business into several other states and buy a mansion from a bankrupt coffee farmer

business partner shot him dead when my father was 12, grandmother got scammed by lawyers and later died of breast cancer with little money

father grew up to be severely fucked up in the head, throughout his life he sold the lands and properties that were left from his father to maintain a delusional life style

we still got the mansion thoug, it's worth several millions because of the location but it's in poor conditions
>>
Chilled in Honolulu the whole war.
>>
File: War 23.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
War 23.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>
>>73924269
F R I E N D L Y P E R S O N W H O I S N E W
T O T H I S
F
O
R
U
M
>>
File: MG34 Dont Give A Fuck.gif (967 KB, 408x316) Image search: [Google]
MG34 Dont Give A Fuck.gif
967 KB, 408x316
>>73924856
>>
File: March.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
March.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>73924920
>>
File: Tiger 1 Kursk.gif (2 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
Tiger 1 Kursk.gif
2 MB, 300x170
>>73925000
>>
>>73917776
he killed gooks in nipland
>>
File: wiking_mg42.gif (1 MB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
wiking_mg42.gif
1 MB, 300x150
>>73924920
>>
File: Right up the ass.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Right up the ass.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>73925065
>>
>>73917776
They were quite young at that time (20s), so they mostly only lived under the Occupated Zone. Their own parents, however, have fought, and two of them were sent to POW camps.

Also they (my grandparents) are believed to have sheltered Resistants for a few nights, but it's something that can't be known for sure, it may only be a story to golden their record.
>>
File: tumblr_ni6su47bPo1thlv3qo1_500.gif (375 KB, 499x378) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni6su47bPo1thlv3qo1_500.gif
375 KB, 499x378
>>73925110
>>
File: mg42.gif (622 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
mg42.gif
622 KB, 300x150
>>73925249
>>
File: tumblr_npjo6m5a0w1r3eyedo1_400.gif (2 MB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npjo6m5a0w1r3eyedo1_400.gif
2 MB, 300x180
>>73925249
>>
Die in the hollocaust
>>
His bomber was shot down and he was taken POW by the Russians.
>>
File: WaffenSS_Mg34_Mariupol_1941.jpg (355 KB, 1480x1002) Image search: [Google]
WaffenSS_Mg34_Mariupol_1941.jpg
355 KB, 1480x1002
>>73925306
>>
File: Fallschirmjäger Hot Potato.gif (681 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Fallschirmjäger Hot Potato.gif
681 KB, 480x270
>>73925413
>>
>>73917776

If that North Korea account turns up we'll get to hear about Kim il Sung
>>
>>73917776
Father's side was a marine and was sent to the pacific theater, don't know what he did though or whether he actually saw combat
Mother's side was an army man, dropped out at 17 to join the Amry, sent to the Philippines and decipher enemy Japanese radio messages, and also had a pet monkey over there.
He then became a firefighter, and became Lieutenant Fireman of his station.

Both of them never made it past Private

During the Vietnam war, my dad was Airforce Reserves.
He was sent to South Korea for a year.
He was an airplane electrician.
Planes would fly from vietnam, stop in Korea, get repaired, then either go back to Vietnam or fly back to America, or reverse order, USA to Korea to Vietnam.
My dad reached E-6 Staff Sargent
>>
>>73917776
My great-grandfather on my moms side was a German SS officer who was deported to the USA(Ohio) after the way. Grandpa was 7 and didn't know what the fuck was going on.

Dad's side were French who got out of France before it was invaded and worked in a Navy Shipyard in Boston.

My German grandpa never talks about what his dad did in the war though.
>>
I think my great-grandpa might have been named after Hitler himself, no troll. He was born in 1923, he was named Adolf after a man in the Bavarian army that his dad served with.

He was then murdered on his farm in Poland by a group of ukrainians in 1943.
>>
File: tumblr_mkvhrqZp4C1snwj0qo1_400.gif (850 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkvhrqZp4C1snwj0qo1_400.gif
850 KB, 350x196
>>
>>73926050
>>
>>73926103
>>
>>73917776
On my dad's side, my grandma fled Macedonia (what was then Yugoslavia) to hide from the Nazis and came to Canada a few years after the war. My grandpa hid in the hills until the war was over. Came over to Canada in 1959.
>>
2 of my great grandfathers were killed.
Both by friendly fire.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
>>73917776
My grandpappy was the radioman in pic related during DubyaDubya2 in the pacific theatre. They were shot down over a Japanese island and he parachuted out. He landed and a jap put a bayonet through his thigh and he pulled his .45 and shot that bastard through the head. He kept the bayoneted rifle as a souvenir and my dad has it stashed away in his house. Still has the blood stain on the blade.
My other grandpappy was station in Germany during the Korean War as a desk jockey.
My pappy was stationed on a base (can't remember which one) with the Marines during Vietnam and partied it up with all the soul brothas.
My uncle was in the Navy with the Sea Bees during Vietnam.
My cousin did two tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq with the Army. He was an artillery man I think.
>>
>>73917776
1 was in cavalry in Swiss Military and 1 was an engineer also swiss army. And im Infantry bitchezzz.
>>
Grandaddy worked at Los Alamos during the Manhattan project. It's where he met Granny.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x416
>>73917776
My Brittish great great grandfather fought at the Somme. Never met him though and he never talked about it so I've heard.
>>
File: ilsa2.jpg (106 KB, 495x750) Image search: [Google]
ilsa2.jpg
106 KB, 495x750
>>73917776
What did your OMA do during the war?
>>
File: 1462796820881.jpg (61 KB, 634x390) Image search: [Google]
1462796820881.jpg
61 KB, 634x390
>>73917776
Great great Uncle Fought across Norway, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt, to eventually be one of the many British victims of the colossal American fuck up at Anzio.
>>
File: DSC03142.png (3 MB, 1216x1921) Image search: [Google]
DSC03142.png
3 MB, 1216x1921
>>73926544
Grandmother was nurse in nazi germany during war, she got traumatized and mostly spoke about the swiss government has some gold trust-held for us. She was crazy but i loved her...
>>
>>73917833
GTFO. WE ARE FULL
>>
>>73917776
My mother's mother's father Liberated Dachau and may or may not have been one of the Americans that started executing SS officers :^). I'm not even kidding either.
>>
>>73917776
they both died not long after I was born
>>
>>73917776
My urgroßvater fought for amerika, because Nazis kicked the Baltic Germans out of Prussia, we were the haerzen auf Deutschland, they just kicked us out. They all died in Yugoslavia later on, killed by Bosnians while they were on their farm trying to peicr their lives back together. My opa worked as a pilot for the Berlin airlift. His last European family died in that civil war. That was in 1989.
>>
Got a pretty cool story

>Grandad was Army engineer in British Army
>Operates on Tanks
>Gets sent to frontline
>captures a german officer and keeps his pistol for the rest of the war
>travelled through Germany and entered Belsen
>said there were things in there news reports wouldn't say
>hated germans from that point on
>still have the officer's booklet
>>
Mine died before i was born since he was born 1911. He lost his parents during WWI and then became whermacht in WW2. Got himself a French waifu that was 10 year's younger and fled to Mexico in the early 40s
>>
File: Haruna.jpg (240 KB, 737x494) Image search: [Google]
Haruna.jpg
240 KB, 737x494
>>73917776
My great-grandfather fought for the Japaneese aboard the IJN Haruna, pic related
>>
Great grandfather fought both world wars. Granddad fought in the Pacific. Ill never forget what he told me: "nothing burned brighter than a flaming nip in the sky".
>>
Grand father was a technician for the military after ww2 pretty sure. Saw no action.

Other grand father was a big piece in the Irish mob in the north east.
>>
>Great uncle
>captured at Dunkirk sent to prison camp
>liberated by Russians, sent to gulag under suspicion of German spy (think it was the Irish accent)
>escapes from gulag, becomes a cop in Canada

He used to have a bullet in his hand that he kept there, could push it around inside his skin, the mad bastard.
>>
Grandfather 1 - Pathfinder in RAF. Flew over Dresden. Came out of the war quite wealthy and married me granny who was about 20+ years younger, so he died before I was born.
Grandfather 2 - Royal Engineer. KIA in North Africa
>>
Nothing because he was 7 when WW2 ended.
>>
I'm not sure he was in the military. I can't really remember. He did went to Indonesia though but he never wanted to talk about it.
>>
>>73927335
I will say though that I'm pretty ashamed of that HOWEVER as I've been putting together the past few months my maternal grandmother might not actually be his daughter, ie he got cucked while he was serving. How do I know this you might ask? Well he had a full blooded Native American grandfather (this is well documented) and I have ZERO native American blood in me (I did DNA testing). Now There are really some possible conclusions here:
>I'm adopted (which is unlikely because I look a lot like my mom and EXACTLY like my maternal grandfather when he was my age)
>My mother is adopted ( this is slightly more likely but still unlikely, refer to above)
>My mother was the biological daughter of her father and another woman and my maternal grandmother "adopted" her when she married him
>My maternal grandmother was adopted (unlikely given the time, however I wouldn't 100% doubt it given her mother's background)
>My maternal grandmother's father was cucked by the milkman or something (which I find most likely)
Anyway. So I guess I should feel bad about my cucked great grandfather killin' Nazis :^)
>>
File: 1463005640984.png (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1463005640984.png
2 MB, 1280x800
>>73921030
I could see doing that
>>
File: 1462696726803.png (227 KB, 358x309) Image search: [Google]
1462696726803.png
227 KB, 358x309
>>73928022
My grandad was barely 1 year old, apparently the local chip shop got blown up by a V1 or something. Don't know what my irish great grandfather did, sounds like he must have invaded France or something though.
>>
>>73917776
One Great Grandfather fought in Burma for the British and got PTSD. Also, because he came back in a different uniform to the one he went in, some dumbfucks thought he was a traitor (also, his parents were Italian, so that didn't help.) Another was in the Merchant Navy as a chef.
>>
File: lsoh.png (747 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
lsoh.png
747 KB, 960x540
Let me see. He was a teenager then, so probably getting molested by his uncle and then ostracized for it by his ritzy fuck family.

>Good ol' fashion morality.
>>
Grandpa was a Marine in Nam
He had that thousand yard stare, but was nice and lovable as could be. Never really talked about what he did in Nam except for one time I saw him talk with a fellow marine about old times. Talking about people filling religious artifacts with pot and shipping it back to the states, and stories about good times at base.
>>
>>73917776
Maternal Opa was from Stolp (now Slupsk). Was a Hitler Youth, got drafted at 14 at the very end, spent the last four months or so of WW2 stationed on the Baltic Sea as anti aircraft defense. He admitted that they spent as much time running and hiding in the woods as they did actually shooting down planes because they had almost no training and were absolutely terrified. Then he spent two years in a Danish POW camp.

His cousin was in the Waffen SS though, and his father oversaw administration for the French occupation.

Paternal Opa (South Africa) refused to fight for the British and joined the Ossewabrandwag.
>>
Gramps was a radio operator in the Army, went to clean up Guadalcanal after the Marines gave the Japs the ol' "right-there-Fred". Saw no action. After he got there he didn't shit for 30 days and his buddy caught a huge mantis and used to walk it around base on a string.
>>
File: 1456624943152.jpg (110 KB, 592x887) Image search: [Google]
1456624943152.jpg
110 KB, 592x887
>>73917776
my grandfather was too busy killing over a hundred japs in the Guadalcanal.
>>
>>73917776

he tricked a German kike.

>ww2
>German ship destroy mexican ship on atlantic
>goverment says to germans in mexico "you have to go back"
>my grandfather work as employee to a German kike in a jewelery
>kike need to leave mexico soon and ship is ready to go
>sell everything he can,
>my grandfather and other employee buy the shop
>they promise him to send the rest of the payment
>they change their mind and trick the kike
>they will never know nothing about the kike
>grandfather buy the half of the store to the other partner.
>>
>>73929179
>Grandpa was a Marine in Nam
you sure you're 18?
>>
>>73917776
Not quite sure as Romania was a bitch during WW2. But he lost an arm. He died somewhere @ 2000 when I was barely 9 so I didn't really get to know him.
>>
Both of my grandfathers were in ppcli together.

They would not talk about the war but apparently they did a lot of fighting. They were overseas from 1939-1945.
>>
File: 645645y45y45.jpg (126 KB, 1920x814) Image search: [Google]
645645y45y45.jpg
126 KB, 1920x814
>>73927707
My grandfather was shelled by a Haruna-class ship when he was entrenched on Guadalcanal.

He had metal in his body till the day he died.
>>
>>73917776
Got busted down to private for running hooch.
>>
File: 1443553574540.jpg (67 KB, 572x626) Image search: [Google]
1443553574540.jpg
67 KB, 572x626
>>73917776
My opa was a Private in the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division and was stationed in Great Britain. He fought in the raid of Dieppe, and later was deployed to push back the Germans after D-day.

I remember talking to him when I was 8 about the war, it was very interesting to hear him talk about it. But he was always troubled by it, and one time slipped that he wasn't too sure he fought for the right side.
>>
>>73930912
Vietnam ended in 1973, 43 years ago.

His grandpa came home, dicked someone, then if the child dicked/was dicked at 18, it'd make anon 25.

Fucking crazy how time flies.
>>
Great grandad was the navigator in a great big bomber they flew over Germany. Eventually got shot down, lost all hands except him and the pilot (not actually sure how many other people you get in a bomber, maybe this is my child brain getting the wrong end of the stick) and got smuggled back to England by the french. Never saw combat again, though.
>>
File: 4524353245243523.png (66 KB, 697x469) Image search: [Google]
4524353245243523.png
66 KB, 697x469
>>73932795
>Fucking crazy how time flies.

Your right

What the fuck am i doing on 4chan on a Friday night?
>>
My grandfather was a civilian in hong kong. but my grandmother was a civilian in burma. she said she could see the japanese sneaking through the hills and that they had a certain smell
>>
File: 1462672298535.jpg (28 KB, 619x496) Image search: [Google]
1462672298535.jpg
28 KB, 619x496
My great great grandfather fought for germany ww1. Immagrated to america. Grandfather was a marine, but never fought germany. He was pacific theater. Father was a marine, vietnam 1967-69, heavy combat vet. Myself, marine, iraq vet, afghanistan vet, 2004-14. Soldiering is in my blood.
>>
3 out of 4 of my great-grandfathers on one of my parent's side died fighting the germans on the eastern front
>>
>>73917776
Grandfather was a marine, never saw combat. Don't remember where or when, but tensions were rising somewhere in Asia I think and his platoon got off their boat, marched across some peninsula somewhere, and got on another boat. That was the extent of what he did.
>>
>>73917776

My Opa died in the first charge on The Somme.
>>
File: cardart_shieldoftheavatar.jpg (208 KB, 700x516) Image search: [Google]
cardart_shieldoftheavatar.jpg
208 KB, 700x516
>>73933534
>>
>>73933762
Great grandfather was in WW2, dad was in Desert Shield. Can't explain it, but I feel like I should enlist. I'm in college currently, but I'm seriously thinking about joining when I'm done for no reason other than I feel like I should. Anybody else?
>>
My father's father (who is descended from old Canadien French & Indian Wars heroes) joined the 101st the day he turned 18. Was at D-Day, Market Garden, and the Bulge.

Apparently he neutralized several German tanks by spraying a Thompson through the driver's amd gunner's slits.

More interesting is his father, who was arrested in Montréal during the Easter Riots, but a mob broke into the police station. He had 2 brothers that were both killed on the same day at Passchendaele.
>>
Cape Breton Highlanders Artillery
Fought in Italy
>>
>>73933975
Depends. How much do you want to fight for the Jews?
>>
>>73934325
I don't give a shit what or who I'll be fighting for. Yes, I know about the Jews and that I wouldn't be fighting for freedom, or fighting at all, but I just feel like I should.
>>
>>73917776
Took Normandy from the japs
>>
Two great grandfathers sat on their asses at the border to Finland for a few months. That's about it.
>>
File: 1460316445231.jpg (33 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
1460316445231.jpg
33 KB, 620x620
Mine was a cook for glorious Yugoslavia army. No army can fight on an empty stomach. ÄŒevapi for victory
>>
>>73917776

My great grandfather was a doctor in the south of France, with military roots. He wasn't involved in the military at the time of the occupation, but he did provide medical care for resistance fighters.

My other french great grandfather was probably a collaborator. He was an ultra religious Catholic, the kind that made up the backbone of Vichy France. Towards the end of his life he was reading Latin translations of the bible.

Another was a German citizein, who got sent to a concentration camp for being a dissident. Apparent Jewish heritage (Not practicing or anything, but they had a couple jewish grandparents) I don't know much about him, because that half of the family is full of drunkards and clowns.

My grandfather on my mothers side was old enough to drive test cars for ford. He rescued a bunch of POW's as a civilan contracter helicopter pilot in the North Korean war, and got some medals or something for it. He made a point of never talking about what he did during the second world war, but we are certain he was a soldier. He also apparentley rescued a bunch of people from the Hindenburg.
>>
my grandfather drove tank in north africa

other grandfather wasn't in the war. don't know why.
>>
>>73917776
slapped rommels shit at tobruk, then slapped the japs in new guinea.
>>
He was in the Army and tag-teamed with ANZAC to btfo the Nips out of New Guinea. Got shot in the butt during it and got malaria a few times.
>>
>>73920984

>his pictures of the camps

Yeah nah

Cameras werent a thing that people who werent dedicated media personnel carried around at that time.
>>
my gumpa got reported dead in Africa when they found his dogtags with the rest of his squadron, but he apparently made it to Cairo, secured safe travel home and walked in just in time for his own funeral

which, tbf, is pretty badass
>>
My Great-granduncle fought in Burma with the British Army from 1941 onwards, whilst you Americans were busy beating tiny amounts of Japs on small islands he was busy fighting half a million of them in the shittiest terrain imaginable.
Apparently didn't like to talk about it which I don't blame him for
>>
>>73936401
My Grandfather drove an ambulance in Burma during the war for the US, people always begged him to kill them if the wounds were too much.
>>
File: 1463073469088.gif (2 MB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
1463073469088.gif
2 MB, 300x262
>>73917776

My grandpa fought in the AK aka national army, killing germans. They did partisan stuff. What really got me tho is that his grandma was smuggling grenades for him and his men hiding in the forest,

Different times, different people.
>>
My grandpa on my mom's side was a pilot in the pacific and flew a F67F Hellcat. I have a framed picture of him and his wing flying in formation. His brother (my uncle) was a pilot that flew B-25's in low level/anti shipping raids in the pacific. Both made it home and died of heart attacks before I was born. Apparently Im the spitting image of the grandfather, in both looks and temperment.

My grandfather on my Dad's side was drafted and ended up becoming a cook, he apparently had such a good rapport with a general stateside that he ended up being transferred everywhere the general was. Stayed stateside the entire war because of that. During that time he met his wife who was an army secretary. She was an incredible lady, died 6 months ago and ate spicier wings than my grandfather till the day she died.
>>
>>73917776
I have no idea, I know my great grandpa made guns in a factory for Hungary I'm not sure why he didn't fight I think he was injured and couldn't.
My other grandpa ran away from Hungary to France in the early 1930's, I don't know if he fought in the war but I know after the war he moved to Canada and joined the Canadian army.
>>
Was an AA lightman in Athens. He fought extensively in the civil war, though
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-13-21-06-02.png (415 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-13-21-06-02.png
415 KB, 480x800
My grampa was a "boina negra" in pinochet's times.
He told me some stories about those times
>>
File: chesty.jpg (41 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
chesty.jpg
41 KB, 600x439
My grandma and grandpa lived across from Pearl Harbor and saw the attack. He wasn't in the Navy though. He was a yacht builder.

My other grandpa was a Technical Sergeant in the USMC back when that rank existed. He was a B-25 instructor bombardier and participated in New Guinea and the Luzon campaigns. Never met him so all I know is he got the airman medal for participation in 5 or more raids in which enemy fire was present.

https://youtu.be/cPJFwkuAuNs
I love these color videos. Really makes it seems recent. Because it was recent. Our grandkids will look at us in awe just for walking so soon after these giants. There probably won't be a war like this ever again.
>>
He bombed pearl harbor.
>>
>>73938087
>there probably won't be a war like this ever again
It would probably be a lot worse, World War One was called the Great War because it was thought no war after that could ever be as bad.
>>
>>73919880
That's hilarious
I know this is probably second-hand information, but did they actually recognize each other?
>>
>>73917776
my maternal grandfather was an aircraft mechanic who spent most of his deployment in Britain until near the wars end when he was deployed into Germany. My paternal grandfather fought Japs in the pacific theater the entire war.
>>
File: 1463112451115.jpg (509 KB, 1600x1454) Image search: [Google]
1463112451115.jpg
509 KB, 1600x1454
>>73938087
http://www.vmb423.net/roll.htm
This is his unit yearbook. They are low res but if you check out the marginal drawings they are really funny. Americans truly are the chosen people.

Here's another color reel because this thread is great: https://youtu.be/kKZfsPMfpo0
>>
>>73919228
That's a good ole American boy right there
>>
>>73917776
ANZAC Maori Battalion, was part of the invasion of Italy.
>>
My family wont evenackowlede what he actually did, but I inherited his WWII German tinnies (pin badges), and uniform,when I get home Ill get em out and post pics
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 750x500
>>73919023

Sounds like a great man.

My grandfathers were in the US Army and Army Air Corps. Neither saw combat; one made it to Europe and was sent back on a ship supposedly headed to the Panama Canal in preparation for an invasion force of Japan.

If they saw the whole picture of the scam that was the war and the SJW chaos it is still birthing today, not a chance they would have participated.

German bros, there's no turning back time. But next time we fight on the same side.
>>
great grampa was a prisoner in russia
>>
>>73939134
My great grandpa also, he was caught with a gun and the Russians thought he would be a revolutionary this was after the Hungarian revolution. He was just a farmer who wanted to protect his chickens
>>
>>73921633
Same here. Granddad was a loader for a machine gunner. Some germans where surrendering yelled at them to stop they didnt understand and kept walking so they gunned them all down.

>that feel when you cant tell your hero that you support national socialism
>>
>>73940628
Got a nazi dagger from one of the corpses
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.