[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
top kek! Nice prank: Dude goes around and reads quotes from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 25
File: 1462604119408.png (10 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1462604119408.png
10 KB, 420x420
top kek!

Nice prank: Dude goes around and reads quotes from the Bible but tells them that it's the Quran to get their reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDlxCvFZWw

>The Bible's like the glory of God, everyone's equal and everything!
>Ok what if I told you that this is the Bible...
>>
>>73876217
are those quote from the ancient testatment or the new testament.
cause the christian religion is based on the new testament while judaism is based on the ancient testament (the one with the murder the call to hatred and such)
christianism reformed itself to get ride of all the hate speech.
can judaism and islam say the same?
>>
>>73876217
They're both semitic bullshit. My reaction would be genuine either way.
>>
>>73876217
>religion leads to violence

what else is new, Sören-Malte?
>>
>>73876423

The Old Testament is NOT the same as Talmud and Torah, and Christians have NEVER denied the relevance of the Old Testament: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."
>>
>>73876423
It's all from the old testament

I hate people that quote that bullshit to bring down christianity, the worshipping of CHRIST and his teachings
>>
>>73876611

It's not.
It's from St Paul.
And only meme-Christians deny the relevance of the Old Testament.
>>
>>73876611
>the old testament isn't relevant to christianity
Hi Marcion

Too bad your heresy isn't at all relevant in the current year
>>
>>73876654
Everyone knows only the 4 evangelists are important and everything else is a meme
>>
>>73876611
>>73876423

Besides, it's funny when in these discussions, "Christians" always say that it's only about love and 99% of the Bible doesn't count ... but when someone criticizes Christianity from the right, the same people are all like "Christianity is not cucked, we wuz Crusaders and Deu Vult!"
>>
>>73876611
it s how the muslim proselit recruit youngling by telling them that christianity is a religion of hatred while citing the earliest verset of coran when memeht was still trying to convince people and not a warlord that could just say kill everyone that doesnt think and breath like us.
>>
>>73876712
Jesus would never condone the old laws that execute people for basic shit, he forgave people, which was a power only given to God at the time
>>
>>73876776
this

it is God's law. But it was never unforgiveable.
>>
>>73876731
Love is part of it

Values are most of it

Even Jesus got agressive over people who disrespected the values of the temple
>>
>>73876217
Doesn't this just highlight how shit Islam is then? They still go by the type of shit that you would never see a modern day Christian actually advocating.
>>
>>73876217
I'm not a biblecuck, mudshit, or kike, so I don't care about shitty jewtube propaganda.
>>
>>73876776
Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

John 10:35
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Matthew 15:3
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
>>
>pull obscure passages out of your ass to have a laugh
Meanwhile, the well known and popular stuff like the 10 commandments are peaceful.
>Yeah but what if we ignore that lol.
Wheras Islam's popular teachings are the things that are ruining the world.
hmmmm
hmmm
hmm
hm
>>
>>73876899

Yeah, but this is a completely different argument/discussion then. This is saying, "Christians are better because they are less Christian than Muslims are Islamic."
>>
>>73876996
That would be my argument, yes.
>>
>>73876217

2 Peter 3:3

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,"

Peter talking about you 2,000 years ago
>>
>>73876966

So the Old Testament suddenly does count?
>>
>>73876954
That Matthew verse is about the ten commandments fyi
>>
File: 1454082950614.jpg (9 KB, 191x255) Image search: [Google]
1454082950614.jpg
9 KB, 191x255
>>73876217
>old testament
Nice try, Mehmet
>>
>>73876954
And Matthew 15:3 talks about the 10 commandments being superior to the silly "wash your hands before eating bread" laws
>>
>>73877210
It is about the Law of Moses, which includes the ten commandments alongside the other moral, social and purity laws of the Old Testament.
>>
>>73877292
well desu;
more of leviticus is jewish laws; written by jews and could easily by rewritten.

But not even a jew could swap out any of the ten commandments. There's only 10, everyone would've known em
>>
>>73877284

No. Paul the Apostle is not Old Testament but New Testament, you retard, and the Old Testament counts for real Christians anyway, see
>>73876505
>>73876712
>>73876954
>>
>>73876954
And in the John 10:35 he's persuading Jews not to stone him, he's saying "Your laws are always valid, so why would you stone me now for not breaking them?"
>>
>>73876423
Christianity is based on the new and old testament (torah)

Judaism is based on the talmud
>>
>>73877389
This is blasphemy, all of the bible was inspired by God.

Jews don't follow leviticus, they follow the talmud.
>>
>>73877399

According to Paul, he received his teachings only from two sources: divine revelation and the old testament.
>>
File: 1460487635572.jpg (27 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1460487635572.jpg
27 KB, 500x333
Wasn't it Jesus who said "you can't keep new wine in old jugs" when talking about religion and society?
>>
>>73877642
doesn't mean it isn't a jewish lawbook
>>
>>73876217
So is he defending the Quran or what?
>>
File: 1453772334432 - Copy.png (1 MB, 1163x1385) Image search: [Google]
1453772334432 - Copy.png
1 MB, 1163x1385
>>73876217
>>
this thread is like watching 4th graders argue about religion
>>
>>73877861
/pol/ is like watching 4th graders argue about politics
>>
Jesus only condoned the ten commandments, you know, the ones his father actually gave to the people?

None of the Jewish laws (which he broke on multiple occasions)
>>
>>73877861

Sucks that a fourth graded knows more about religion that the average American.
>>
File: 558x367.jpg (45 KB, 558x446) Image search: [Google]
558x367.jpg
45 KB, 558x446
>Implying you have to react without differences when someone reads you quotes from the bible and the quran
>Implying quran wasn't the first cause of large terrorism in your country
>Implying muslims weren't a problem in your country
>Implying there aren't underlying reasons for any behaviour
>Implying

FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>73878158

The "Jewish Laws" actually come directly from God, direct quotes and everything.
>>
>>73876217
top kek!

Nice prank: Dude goes around blowing himself like muslims but tells people he's christian to get their reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY7CATK2Xi4
>>
>>73877752
jews haven't followed it for 2000 years so it's hardly relevant who wrote it

the bible says that believers of christ are the real jews, and those that call themselves jews but are not are the synagogue of satan
>>
>>73878158
Not true, the only thing that was abolished was ceremonial and sacrificial law. He did not break the law of the torah
>>
>>73878331

Your "Christian" drones and your "Christian" George Bush ("God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq") have caused at least as much suffering as these suicide bombers.
>>
>>73878526
Just read matthew 15

Law breaking right there
>>
>>73878473
Oy vey, the goyim know.
>>
>>73876423
>christianism reformed itself to get ride of all the hate speech.

Which is why islam is winning

Because hate speech is now defined as saying you dont want them to flood your country and breed out of control

The new testament was the worst thing that ever happened to christianity, but at the same time, its the only thing that keeps it relevant in a society after it becomes prosperous enough for its citizens to not immediately need it, or believe it, due to access to education and an easier life in general

>>73876996
Except christians are somewhat responsible for the wests prosperity and muslims havent got jack shit to show for themselves

The only real difference here is race, and of course circumstance, but that is at least partly a result of racial differences
>>
>>73878642
What torah law was Jesus breaking there? Please show me the verse in the old testament that he was breaking
>>
>>73878639
>there are a few violent white people so its definitely equal

You deserve to watch your mother and sister get raped and murdered, because you are responsible for the same happening to so many other women
>>
>>73878796
You have no idea what you're talking about. The new testament is not free of hate, it didn't "reform the hate". Liberal Christianity is a new invention from ca 150 years back.
>>
>>73878796
>Except christians are somewhat responsible for the wests prosperity

Oh come on, you don't really believe that, do you?
>>
>>73876217
>Muslim points out stupid shit in Bible
>fuck Islam man
This is literally you right now
>inb4 Muslim
>>
>>73878796
>The new testament was the worst thing that ever happened to christianity
>christianity existing was the worst thing that ever happened to christianity
confused_girl_with_an_arrow_through_her_head.tiff
>>
i love the old testament because I want to believe that god will send fiery rocks upon all the /pol/sters
>>
>>73877399
No the Old testament laws are abolished by Jesus' words himself.

Obviously when he was still talking to people he wasn't dead, and therefore did not fulfill the prophecy of a sinless death.

Once he fulfilled the prophecy, all laws of the old testament were void. He didn't destroy the law, he just fulfilled the prophecy of him coming down and paying in blood for all the sins of humanity, thus saving humanity from sin.
>>
>>73878639
Go back Muhammad.
>>
>>73876217
>cherrypicked segments of the old testament with the discussion already been framed in a negative light through lying
Wew
>>
>>73878899
Im an atheist and yes, how the fuck are they not, they were literally the vast majority of the western population as it became the most powerful civilization on earth
>>
>>73879187

But that's just confusing correlation with causation - it's a different thing to say that it was Christianity that *caused* the "west" to become wealthy and powerful.
>>
File: Mmonster.png (221 KB, 365x360) Image search: [Google]
Mmonster.png
221 KB, 365x360
>>73879187
>I'm an atheist
>>
>>73879039
Why would he send fiery rocks on /pol/
>>
>>73876423
>>73876611

The entire Bible come from God, and sometime the Old testament is more relevant than the New.
>>
>>73879307
he did send fiery rocks onto slavers and people here love and defend third world sweatshop slavery and American negro slavery
>>
>>73879039
>>73878965

How often do you get into and see street fights in Russia? How over the top are they?
>>
No one gives a fuck.

For all I care it the Bible could say "every person should be sucking dick" I'd still take it over a shit tier religion like Islam
>>
>>73879049
This is wrong.

Matthew 5:17-19
>Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
>For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
>Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The laws still apply. Jesus died for your sins in the sense that if you believe in him you will go to heaven no matter what, he saves you from the hellfire punishment of sin.
>>
/pol/ should literally convert to Islam. It's the only non-degenerate thing in the world.
>>
>>73876217
"The" bible
vs
The quran + all of the modern additions calling for atrocities...
...hmm.

Which followers ended slavery everywhere they could manage again?
>>
>>73879398
I've never seen a big fight but one dude asked me if I wanted to get hit when I shoved him
i also saw a drunk man trying to side hug some unwilling woman in a train station
>>
>>73879357
I've been here for 8 years and that is not really a commonly expressed opinion.
>>
>>73879443
Poland, I am not into worshipping a pedophile sand nigger.
>>
>>73879278
No it's not. Christianity's inherent qualities paved the way for Western values. Not the only factor by far but it was those qualities that specifically pertained to Christianity and not any other religion, especially not Shitlam
>>
>>73876611
The one about cutting off your hand is nt.
>>
>>73879485
the sweatshop part is implicit since almost everyone here is a capitalist
>>
>>73879507
>Christianity's inherent qualities paved the way for Western values

Like what?
>>
>>73879469
Russia is not what I pictured. Are you really as cold and emotionless as our media tells us?
>>
Christ fags btfo
>>
>>73879545
that's retarded, fuck communism
>>
>>73879573
no I would say Russians are more about being pushy and impolite, not me though I'm pretty americanized
this trait manifests itself during encounters with strangers, like I've read some woman had her back kissed by some random beer man, comments about appearance and so on
with people you know its even worse, absolutely nothing is offlimits, especially if the person is older
>>
>>73879552
"The basic outlook of Christianity reinforced the
experience of the Dark Ages to create the outlook of Western Civilization. Some of the elements of this outlook which were of great importance were the following:

>(1) the importance of the individual, since he alone is saved
>(2) the potential goodness of the material world and of the body;
>(3) the need to seek salvation by use of the body and
the senses in this world (good works);
>(4) faith in the reliability of the senses (which contributed much to Western science);
>(5) faith in the reality of ideas (which contributed much to Western mathematics);
>(6) mundane optimism and millennialism (which contributed much to faith the future and the idea of progress);
>(7) the belief that God (and not the devil) reigns over this world by a system of established rules (which
contributed much to the ideas of natural law, natural science, and the rule
of law). "

Tragedy and Hope pg.85
>>
>>73879818
So would you say being as direct as can be is the best way to get with a Russian woman?
>>
>>73879964
no
why would you want to date anyone from here? it is a very sad place full of insecure and depressed people, unless you're talking about rich people who are probably going to lack any "Russian" traits anyway
>>
>>73876217
The point is not what bible was the point is what bible is now.
Religion was like a social constitution of ancient world, that
wanted people to fear a higher power so they won't do anything
unlawful (according to that time period) and like constitution religion
needs constant reforms with changing times. It's the reforms that made bible what it
now. It's was because of reforms (acceptance of Buddhist principles)
that Hinduism is still around. And it is the lack of reforms in Quran
that most muslims prefer jihad and inequality of women.
>>
>>73880080
I like the accent and women who are a little edgy. I dated a Ukrainian and she was all right, a bit childish but all right.
>>
>>73877210
What about Bestiality, is that legit now? It's only b& in the OT.

**Theologically I was under the impression that OT law was in effect short of those related to sacrifice as Christ's blood resolved the need for further sacrifice. Sin = straying from the law
>>
only keks are Christian anyways
>>
>>73880149
Islamic reforms actually made it more destructive and violent. See: Salafism and Wahhabism. It could be an okay religion if the followers don't come into contact with those ideologies being spread by Saudis.
>>
>>73879878

I'm sorry, but that simply doesn't make any sense. For example, how did Christianity contribute to science by promoting the faith in the reliability of the senses? Like, the ancient scientists didn't believe that their senses were reliable, and thus couldn't do proper science until Christianity came around? Come on, this is ridiculous.

Or, how did millennialism (the belief that Christ will return to rule the Earth for 1000 years before final judgement) contribute to.. anything?
>>
>>73879878
>people need to have their faith in the reliability of their senses to be interested in science
kek.
>>
>>73876217
Stupid fucking propoganda.
Why don't they instead read news articles to them.
>Christians behead woman for being raped and rape 10 ten year olds
>WHOOPS, it's actually Muslims haha trolled XD

I want to kill all Muslims.
>>
>>73879443
>wanting to delude yourself
good luck
>>
File: 1446312437679.jpg (402 KB, 2048x1179) Image search: [Google]
1446312437679.jpg
402 KB, 2048x1179
>>73879878

"These ideas which became part of the tradition of the West did not become part of the tradition of Russia. The influence of Greek philosophic thought remained strong in the East. The Latin West before 900 used a language which was not, at that time, fitted for abstract discussion, and almost all the dogmatic debates which arose from the incompatibility of Greek philosophy and Christian religion were carried on in the Greek language and fed on the Greek philosophic tradition. In the West the Latin language reflected a quite different tradition, based on the Roman emphasis on administrative procedures and ethical ideas about human behavior to one's fellow man. As a result, the Greek philosophic tradition remained strong in the East, continued to permeate the Greek-speaking Church, and went with that Church into Slavic north. The schism between the Latin Church and the Greek Church strengthened their points of view, the former being more this-wordly, more concerned with human behavior, and continuing to believe in the efficacy of good works, while the latter was more otherwordly, more concerned with God's majesty and power, and emphasized the evilness and weakness of the body and the world and the efficacy of God's grace. As a result, the religious outlook and, accordingly, the world outlook of Slav religion and philosophy developed in quite a different direction from that in the West. The body, this world, pain, personal comfort, and even death were of little importance; man could do little to change his lot, which was determined by forced more powerful than he.

>>73880337

No it's not. You asked what kind of hand Christianity had in contributing to West's progress and I answered. Everything you need to know is in that answer.

>>73880362

You first need to believe that your senses are reflecting you a somewhat accurate representation of reality to do science. If you don't base your epistemology around that then you get relativistic thought.
>>
File: 1462482295590.jpg (98 KB, 269x328) Image search: [Google]
1462482295590.jpg
98 KB, 269x328
>>73880428
Join NAA and fulfill your duty!
>>
File: 13-5-2016 14-25-33.png (158 KB, 1003x597) Image search: [Google]
13-5-2016 14-25-33.png
158 KB, 1003x597
>>73876919
>>
>>73878803
The one about eating bread without washing hands, I have no quote because I don't own the old testament

It says he broke the law in the new testament verses though
>>
>>73880559
>You first need to believe that your senses are reflecting you a somewhat accurate representation of reality to do science. If you don't base your epistemology around that then you get relativistic thought.
People are born with inherent faith in their senses as well as an inherent curiosity about the world around them. You don't need to be taught epistemology to be interested in math and science, and Christianity certainly had nothing to do with advances in these areas(or epistemology for that matter).
>>
>>73880559
>>No it's not. You asked what kind of hand Christianity had in contributing to West's progress and I answered. Everything you need to know is in that answer.

You didn't "answer", you just copypasted some bullshit and you have no idea how to defend it.
>>
>>73879878
Surprised you've read T & H. Must be a red pill
>>
File: 1458160031789.jpg (172 KB, 400x506) Image search: [Google]
1458160031789.jpg
172 KB, 400x506
>>73879510
I am Belgian, we hace a track record of following that law
>>
>>73880734
What difference does that fucking make? You want me to paste it again without the quotation marks?

You have your answer, now you are backpedalling

>>73880899

About quarter of a way through. It's super extensive but fun and informative as well
>>
>>73880325
That's why I think if they need others to respect their religion they need to reform their religion according the time and not according to their violent world domination propaganda.
>>
>>73880337
This a fact that Plato and Aristotle and the others philosophes following Heraclitus believed that Science can only be about eternal unchanging thing, and the study of the material world isn't Science because he is ceaselessly changing.

Also, empiricism was created by christian with christian mind.
>>
>>73880988
>What difference does that fucking make?

Well, if Christianity supposedly promotes independent thinking, you're surely not showing it right now.
>>
File: 1372023236573.jpg (32 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1372023236573.jpg
32 KB, 413x395
>>73880969
>>
>>73876475
this desu
>>
>>73879049
>No the Old testament laws are abolished by Jesus' words himself.
Literally the exact opposite you goddamn mongoose.
>>
>>73880686
he didn't break old testament law, he broke talmud law, that's the whole point, to follow gods law and not the traditions of men (talmud)
>>
>>73881089

Actually, it was the early Christians who didn't consider studying the material world important (because the Savior is coming soon and will take people to heaven and stuff).

>Also, empiricism was created by christian with christian mind.

This isn't true, empiricism can be found in various ancient religions/philosophies, e.g. Stoicism.
>>
>>73879425
It is said once, and again, and again, and again by Paul, directly that the Law of the old testament no longer applies, jew.
>>
File: Screenshot_96.jpg (48 KB, 581x519) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_96.jpg
48 KB, 581x519
>>73881352

another faggot who thinks christfags did nothing
>>
>>73881521

See >>73879278
>>
>>73876505
relevance doesn't equal law. the covenant of the old testament is not part of christianity.
>>
>>73881562
then why the christfags why not all the other people on earth

muh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9RG7NYQa8k
>>
>>73881442
You don't understand what you're reading you kike. Ceremonial law is abolished. All other laws still stand, however you don't go to hell for breaking the law if you believe in Jesus because Jesus died for your sins.

Cite chapter and verse.
>>
File: Screenshot_77.jpg (55 KB, 633x399) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_77.jpg
55 KB, 633x399
christfags doing nothing j
>>
>>73881712
It's all because of the magic properties of milk, I tell you. Europeans drank milk and invented things while niggers couldn't handle it and thus were being niggers.
>>
>>73876217
And the difference is smaller than you think. The problem with muslims is that they take the quran literally and don't think for themselves.

But there are other religions that also take their texts literally, and that's why the religious right in the US sucks.
>>
File: Screenshot_78.jpg (69 KB, 669x382) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_78.jpg
69 KB, 669x382
and nothing
>>
File: 1436437300176.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1436437300176.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>73879278
God's blessings allowed the West to develop, you can follow the lineage of the received text and it's effects on the world. Look at old murrca`, the british empire etc. As cultures follow Christ, you can see the fruits the reap. When they abandon him, they fall
>>
>>73881723
this is the first time in this thread someone has pointed out the difference between biblical laws that people are supposed to enforce on earth (theocracy) and biblical laws for which people have no authority to enforce on anyone but themselves (covenant).

the former have nothing to do with salvation, and salvation is the sole focus of christianity; to enter into heaven through faith in christ, and the good works one does which serve as evidence of this faith.
>>
File: Screenshot_80.jpg (42 KB, 455x290) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_80.jpg
42 KB, 455x290
and more nothing
>>
>>73881712

What do you mean "why christfags"?

Consider this - imagine the same graph, but 2000 years ago. It would look pretty much the same, except most of the achievements would be concentrated in the Ancient Western World - no need for Christianity.

Plus, today, the majority of Christians live outside of the West, so why aren't they taking over?
>>
You all claim to be Alpha dogs but don't realise Islam is the peak Alpha religion respecting traditional gender roles and encouraging masculinity and feminity in their respective genders. you'd all actually love Islam if Arabs weren't ugly
>>
>((((Old)))) Testament
>>
File: 907630.jpg (669 KB, 1536x1559) Image search: [Google]
907630.jpg
669 KB, 1536x1559
>>73881969
>unironically posting solzhenitsyn
>>
File: Screenshot_50.jpg (72 KB, 650x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_50.jpg
72 KB, 650x480
>>73882017
>lus, today, the majority of Christians live outside of the West, so why aren't they taking over?
>>
>>73876731

Yet they still don't crusade. Go figure.
>>
>>73876654
>The early church completely ignored the teachings of the old testament
>Meme Christians
Stop living about history
>>
>>73882124
What's wrong with that Vlad?
>>
>make up bait
>only show the people who bite
Classic German television.
>>
>>73881976
Salvation is not the sole focus, but it is the primary focus and by far the most important one. Good works are not required to have salvation, but after you get saved you should follow biblical law and do good works.
>>
>>73882184
>>The early church completely ignored the teachings of the old testament
Prove it.
>>
File: url.png (148 KB, 1272x774) Image search: [Google]
url.png
148 KB, 1272x774
>>73882132

You... you really didn't know?
>>
File: st mary's church.jpg (137 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
st mary's church.jpg
137 KB, 600x415
>>73876217

The Old Testament is very different from the New Testament. The Holy Bible is split into two for many reasons.
The guy in your vid is quoting the Old Testament. Not the peaceful teachings of Christ from the New Testament.

The Old Testament is very bloody. The New Testament is very peaceful. If you read the Koran, then you can tell that the revelations of the prophet Muhammad are split into two: Medina and Mecca. The Meccan revelations portray peace, the Medinan verses are all about killing the Jews and Christians, violence and so on. Read them if you want more knowledge.

Here's a couple of links, if you wish to read more:

Holy Bible:
http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/1610_Douay_Version.pdf

Holy Koran:
http://www.gph.gov.sa/qurantrans/files/6_PDFDownloadLinkFull.pdf

And some Christian vocal music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-J2kuSCLvE

And for balance, the 99 words for God as in Islam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXGo_JuiAM

Peace to you, whatever you have faith or not. pic is my church.
>>
>>73882451

holyshit are you stupid offcourse i knew that .Christfags are spread out all through the world, to spread the gospel this is our goal why would christfags take over other christfags ?
>>
>>73882764

Because the west is de-christianizing. Even many of those who are nominally Christians don't go to church, don't read the bible etc.
>>
>>73876217
Try this the other way around, go up to some Pakistani groups and 'trick' them into calling the quran violent bullshit.
Get fucking killed.
>>
>>73882764
Different denominations have different gospels.
>>
>>73882764
If Christianity is so good for progress, then why aren't African Christian nations catching up to European Christians and becoming the most progressive nations?
>>
File: Screenshot_21.png (15 KB, 216x415) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_21.png
15 KB, 216x415
>>73882976

eat a bag of dicks
>>
>>73876217
That's nothing. A guy in britain got into trouble just by quoting churchill.
>>
>>73881881
>>73881965
>>73881995
>muh christian intellectuals
>in a time and place where you were either christian or a pariah
You surely understand that correlation is not the same as causation. Can you explain the mechanism by which practicing Christianity causes greatness? Does reading the bible increase your IQ? Does participating in various religious ceremonies and subculture promotes inquisitiveness? It seems more likely that Newton was a genetic freak of nature and he would've gone on to be a great man regardless of his upbringing.
>>
>>73883186

you can take a cup of shit and put sugar in it its still a cup off shit
>>
>>73883341
>no true christian
>>
>>73883341
So it's not that Christianity that caused all that European progress like you implied here >>73881521 good to know.
>>
https://youtu.be/tDDAa1If-u4
>>
>>73883217

Yet even in Poland (an anomaly, as you undoubtedly know), less that 40 % of the population regularly goes to Church.
>>
>>73883405
lol so when you become a christfag you now get rich or something ? its not like its magic your tribe in africa beliefs in god and gold rains down from the sky ?
>>
>>73883336
Correlation can be causation. Just not 100% of the time.
>>
>>73883568
Christianity is the strongest promoter of the family and patriarhcy, prerequisites for a stable society.
>>
>>73883336
>that Newton was a genetic freak of nature and he would've gone on to be a great man regardless of his upbringing.

And perhaps he wouldn't waste time searching the bible for secret codes!

>>73883568

>lol so when you become a christfag you now get rich or something ?

That was more or less the original argument, applied to the "West", that is.
>>
>>73883639
Correlation and causation are like night and day, because to claim causation you have to understand causality. Understanding the mechanisms of cause and effect is the goal of all of science, correlation is not an acceptable substitute.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (18 KB, 212x489) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
18 KB, 212x489
>>73883450

who cares man if you think that christfags will slaughter of other christfags even when pic related you dont understand christianity
>>
Color me surprised a bunch of retarded millennials born into secular families don't know anything about the bible.

Also the old testament is part of islam, as well. or do modern muslims not believe that?
>>
>>73876505
the torah is literally the first 5 books of the old testament..
>>
>>73883897
It's something along the lines of OT AND & NT are 'corrupt' and have been edited to shit by infidels, but yes essentially thats correct
>>
>>73883859
>who cares man if you think that christfags will slaughter of other christfags

Who's talking about slaughtering? I meant "take over" as in, become more wealthy, higher quality of life, better at science etc. I thought that would be obvious.

>>73883897

(Some) Muslim believe that the bible is inspired by God but the message was corrupted, hence God sent the Archangel Gabriel to Muhammad to "fix it" with the Koran.
>>
>>73884095
>Who's talking about slaughtering? I meant "take over

that is what take over means or do you think that the west would just give it to them
>>
>>73884335
Christ, you're fucking retarded. All that weed and hookers must have destroyed your blessed Christian mind.
>>
>>73884335

Jesus, this is like talking to a child. If the original hypothesis is correct, then the decline of Christianity in the Western World should be followed by the decline of the Western economy, science, power etc., in comparison to the other places where Christians live. I don't how how I can make it any clearer.
>>
>>73884421
no you are smart ivan at least i have a excuse you where born retarded
>>
>>73884626
its is like talking to a mental patient it took christfags 2000 years to get to this . how long have the africans been christfags ?
>>
>>73884812
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church
>Ethiopia is the second country only after Armenia to have officially proclaimed Christianity as state religion (in 333AD) though some argue it may even be the first.
About the same time that it finally stopped being persecuted in Roman Empire.
>>
>>73884812
>its is like talking to a mental patient it took christfags 2000 years to get to this

To get to what? The Renaissance? The industrial revolution? How long exactly does it take for Christianity to "work", according to you?

>>73884812
>>73885247

Even earlier than that, actually. The Church in Alexandria (Egypt) was supposedly founded by Saint Mark, I'm surprised our Christian friend doesn't know this.
>>
File: holdthefuckup.jpg (32 KB, 380x321) Image search: [Google]
holdthefuckup.jpg
32 KB, 380x321
fuck off you dumb frogposter
>>
>>73876217
fake and gay
>>
>>73878857

The Iraq was unjust and we stirred the pot so bad that right now we have wild jehoodi running wild to this day.

Saddam was the only thing holding Iraq together.
>>
>>73876217
What about doing the opposite now? :^)
>>
Literally copying those dutch faggots doing the same thing, le old testament is christianity
>>
>>73876954
>https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A17-20&version=KJV
>I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
>till all be fulfilled.
are you retarded? jesus died on the cross, fulfilling the law, effectivey ending the Old Covenant. The Old Testament, it's rules, are not relevant anymore, adhereing to them is heresy. The moral rules however, as described in the Old Testament and the New Testament, are permanent, they cannot be changed.
retarded traditions from the Old Testament =/= permanent moral rules
>>
>>73878526
>>73878803
>>73880686
>>73881346
Jesus never broke the Old Testament's laws, he fulfilled them by dying on the cross.
>>
>>73881106
>>73880337
>Like, the ancient scientists didn't believe that their senses were reliable, and thus couldn't do proper science until Christianity came around?
>other philosophies which promote faith in the reliability of the senses do not exist
The fact that God gave us those sense allows for philosophers to easily trust them. If you were born in a nihilistic Godless world, it would be far harder to trust your senses, '1984' would be a reasonable example of that. You're implying that christianity is the only ideology that taught 'trust in the senses', which is most certainly not the case, but then to imply that no ideology is necessary which promotes that taught is retarded.
>>
>>73890154

What I'm implying is that the idea that Christianity contributed to science by promoting "trust in the senses" is ridiculous. Like, find me a few examples of early christian scholars explaining how important the "trust in the senses" is to scientific discovery.
>>
>>73876611
>found the heretic

Please go back to your eastern orthodox cathedral while you wait for hell
>>
>>73883336
>>73883698
>An ideology promoting forgiveness and love is bad for the general population!
>Can you explain the mechanism by which practicing Christianity causes greatness?
>Let's ask some passive-agressive questions, that'll show how smart I am!
Christianity helps society attain greatness by
>>73879878
>importance of the individual
>the potential goodness of the material world and of the body
>the need to seek salvation by use of the body and the senses in this world
Christianity promotes collectivism inherently, and promotes individualism by it's 'salvation'-mechanism.

>both bitching about 'what if Newton wasn't a biblefag'
He'd have find something else, not sure if you know it, but Newton was pretty stupid, he'd have found some other bullshit thing to do, don't think he'd have been more useful without christianity.
>>
>>73890553
>it's ridiculous! I'm however, not going to point out what exactly is ridiculous, and I'm going to make you search for more arguments (implying aswell that this 'trust in the senses' is something new (hint: it isn't) and is something so noteworthy that scholars would actually discuss it (it's a cultural thing so obvious that everyone would overlook it, so finding citations about it is not that easy) whilst not debunking the other arguments
>>
>>73879575
c
>>
>>73890920

And here we go again. If you really feel the need to defend the bullshit the other faggot copypasted, you should at least do your homework first. I swear, Internet made people so fucking lazy.
>>
>>73891190
>not attacking the argument made
>you're so stupid LOL!!!1! XD
shill.
>>
>>73891342

What argument? To say that X did Y without offering any evidence is not really an argument, is it.
>>
hmm.. really makes you think...
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.