[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the barometers of a society's health? What actions,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
What are the barometers of a society's health? What actions, behavior, laws and tenants indicate that a society is failing?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (56 KB, 469x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
56 KB, 469x200
bump
>>
>>73850466
This is actually a fairly good thread topic compared to the usual drivel.
>>
>>73850466
Tolerance+apathy
>>
>>73850466
death due to preventable diseases, corruption on a high and low level, oddly enough how bad the traffic rules are enforced
>>
>>73852306
hmm, what say you about behavior and beliefs?
>>
>>73852107
thanks, love you
>>
>>73850466
What are some examples of failed societies?

I'll start
Aboriginal australia (due to being overwhelmed by eurobros, and lacking organisational structures and technology to compete)
Nazi germany (due to being too autistic)
ISIS (due to being too autistic)
>>
The presence of large numbers of lonely male NEETS on 4chan is a good indicator of how severe the problem with society is.
>>
>>73852621
in the case of the abos, were they ever a society in the first place? I don't mean that as a joke
>>
>>73852621
quality post 'stralia
>>
>>73852306
This reminds me of when the british empire doled out independence to all those african states. The african states had laws, but none of them had a way of enforcement, or even a common sense system to identify and fix the problem. So basically bad governance can kill the health of a society, even though they could have literally copied the way the british did it without any thinking required.
>>
>>73852621
Im not a storm fag, but can someone clarify why Nazi Germany was autistic? Besides war of course
>>
>>73852815
but then you have to ask, what is society without the culture behind it?
>>
>>73852738
Even ants have society
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 717x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 717x473
>>73850466

>tolerance/equality
Makes all individuals equal, creates loss of individuality
>lack of respect for law enforcement/ glamorizing criminals
People look down on police/ look at criminals as good or see them as wrongly convicted
Racial self hatred/national self hatred
Looking down on your own country as being evil or somehow wrong/lack of racial pride

All things that are happening in America and have increased exponentially in the past 15 or so years.

Also, watch this if you haven't

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZnkULuWFDg
>>
>>73852738
It was basically a big collection of tribes, and some were friends and some weren't. Each tribe had a territorial radius of about 30km or so, at least near the ocean. So the tribes each influenced the ones around them, but had little influence other than that. So no unified language, no unified lifestyle or food culture.
>>
>>73853016
No writing too?
>>
Failed societies:
>Ancient Persia
>Ancient Egypt
Alexander the Great says hi
>Greece
Rome copied everything and made it better
>Rome
Corrupt emperors and politicians weaken the empires economy from the inside.
Next, immigrating goths from the east overpopulate the area and eventually bring about the dark ages
>Most of the rest of the "empires"
just get out muscled by the next contender
>US America
???
>EU
???
>>
>>73853016
>>73853085
Does writing define a society? Something to remember them by?
>>
>>73852861
they were extremely utilitarian, eugenics and such.
normies cant rationalize that mindset
>>
>>73853194
No
>>
>>73852711
I'm actually serious, large numbers of unmarried males with no real employment is a serious problem for any society
>>
>>73853085
They had some common symbolism within each tribes' art and cave drawing, so maybe a lexicon of 10 words? within their tiny population that would have already known whatever would have been written without having to read it. It really doesn't compare to any modern writing, nowhere near even egyptian-tier.

And definitely, writing is ridiculously important.
>>
tenants that don't pay rent
>>
File: 5years.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5years.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
I love these discussions. Minimum autism. Thanks guise.
>>
>>73853264
But if its not a place for normies then its good?
>>
File: b27.jpg (31 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
b27.jpg
31 KB, 600x457
>>73850466
>>
File: LOTGH and degeneracy.jpg (398 KB, 400x5000) Image search: [Google]
LOTGH and degeneracy.jpg
398 KB, 400x5000
>>
>>73850466
Defensiveness
Pessimism
Materialism
Frivolity
An influx of foreigners
The Welfare State
A weakening of religion
>>
>>73850466

>family values
>women know their place
>good contract laws
>lack of greed

There was actually a historian named John Glubb who talked a lot about this. You can read a little more about his ideas in this article.

http://californiathinker.com/embers-of-an-empire-america-in-2016/
>>
Everyone instinctively knows things are getting Weird, but can't put a finger on why. Like when Deez Nuts garnered almost 10% of the vote last year. Everyone knows the trainwreck is coming, but can't avoid or stop it. They're all wrapped up in their own little worlds trying to not think about the coming habbening and yet cannot avoid the signs no matter how hard they try.
>>
>>73855796
is it a great cyclical thing? is islam slated to be the next greatness, taken over by something yet unknown?
>>
>>73850466
economic prosperity, sustainable population, ability to protect its country and borders
>>
>>73850466
that would be the perfect monopoly player piece
>>
File: 1461694119259.webm (955 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1461694119259.webm
955 KB, 720x404
>>73850466
Electing, or nearly electing a populist/comedian/insurgent is a sign that your political class is losing control of its elections. US and filipino presidential races are both examples. Worse strife is to come unless these "leaders" are suppressed or miraculously turn into strong politicians.
>>
>>73856044
>great cyclical thing
No, just the world going insane. Americans seem to have forgotten what happened when the Saudis got a hold of a couple jumbo jets. Krauts and the Frogs had a couple terrorists attacks and the liberals cheered. Obama is actively shilling for schools to accept trans-students choice in restroom choices. A billionaire is running for the most powerful office on the planet. PC culture is running rampant in the West.

That's just a handful of things that's happened in a short two decades. Normal people realize the world doesn't make sense anymore.
>>
File: FeministAnts.jpg (480 KB, 1000x923) Image search: [Google]
FeministAnts.jpg
480 KB, 1000x923
>>73850466
>>
>>73853264
>>73852861
>>73852621
Nazi Germany was schizophrenic, not autistic. Hitler was manifestly unsuited to strategic management, but tried to do it anyway rather than delegating. He also was ineffectual at preventing infighting between Goering, Speer, Goebbels, and Himmler power blocs, which caused numerous failures including:

>no strategic bomber force
>only beginning to enforce a planned economy in 1941/42
>not establishing defensive positions in Russia once it became clear the Eastern Front would not be won by winter
>no aircraft carriers (which to be fair probably would have been a waste of resources anyway)
>building V-2s instead of Waterfall SAMs
>Wernher von Braun arrested by the SS because Speer didn't side with Himmler in an argument

Germans as individuals, including those in power, definitely tended more towards the autistic side, but their government was fractured as fuck.
>>
>>73850466
Had that 10/10 would build, paint, play 40k, then step on in the middle of the night gouging my foot open and breaking it again.
>>
>>73850466
Politicizing of law enforcement.
For instance when white men are automatically guilty when colored/female police are involved
>>
>>73850466
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

LET THE EU BURN
>>
File: vatnik go leaf.png (327 KB, 505x372) Image search: [Google]
vatnik go leaf.png
327 KB, 505x372
lying stationary in his grave.
>>
>>73850466
I kinda wish I'd been around for second edition but overall I'm glad I missed it.

Haven't played in like a year anyway.
>>
>>73853016
By those criteria, India (modern, not ancient) could be described the same way. Or rural China, maybe even parts of urban China. I don't think 'language', 'lifestyle', 'food' are sufficient.
In fact, these could apply to separate wealthy & poor strata of the USA.
>>
>>73856553
Do you have a reference for cheering liberals, or is it just something edgy to write?
>>
>>73856999
Which is so different from how black or Hispanic men are automatically guilty when white police are involved.
>>
>>73856917
This model makes literally no sense, do you still have it?
>>
>>73850466
Multiculturalism.
>>
>>73850466
I would say the corruption of the government, look at us, our politicians are only old corrupt pigs that want to keep everyone dumb, whilst merkel tries hardest to import more violent arabs here because she wants that multi culti thing to work even though it always has been a failure, all she wants to do is to go down in history as the great unifier of humans.

Another problem i think are stigmatas like nazi/racist, claiming someone is one can ruin their lives and thus they remain silent and the ballance of the necessary right wing and left wing is gone, simply because people are scared to join right wing.

Look at us, it is a slow process
>>
>>73859163
Is any party in Germany given a bad look because of their proximity to nazism?
>>
File: 1423532903726.jpg (30 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
1423532903726.jpg
30 KB, 835x773
>>73856789
>their government was fractured as fuck
How did they manage so much success with such a situation?
>>
>>73859827
Of course, they always bash the AfD in the media and are all like "It's sad to see so many people still vote right wing, didn't we learn better?" It is insane
>>
>>73860207
Because pre US ownership of Germany Germany was awesome in power at the societal level
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.