[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>m-muh roads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: image.png (158 KB, 780x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158 KB, 780x800
>m-muh roads
>>
File: frog.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>private utilities
>AKA privitized utilities after using public funds to build all the infrastructure
>>
Who are the people that expect to profit from road construction?
>>
>>73840735
So then it's just taxation without the word taxation.
>>
>>73840955
whoever owns the property and charges a tax/toll to pay for maintenance
>>
>>73840955
Those guys with the STOP/GO signs.
>>
File: 1455044601181.jpg (61 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
1455044601181.jpg
61 KB, 640x437
>>73840735
It's never going to happen libertardians.
Embrace the fash, it's the best way
>>
>>73841190
>>73841258
so the state?
>>
>>73841027
If you own a big chunk of land and want to rent it out to businesses and turn a huge profit, it will sell for much more if good road lead through it. And businesses already pay more for better locations. This is the sensable way to do it. There's no need to make everyone pay for a business to make a profit.
>>
>>73840955
Privately owned roads aren't a thing in your country?
>>
>>73840735
>who will deliver the mail
the fucking mail lady that is not directly payed by the govt but by her boss you dumb fuck

if the federal govt dies state takes over as it should
>>
File: bastiat1.jpg (168 KB, 839x467) Image search: [Google]
bastiat1.jpg
168 KB, 839x467
>>
File: 1462143727378.jpg (122 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1462143727378.jpg
122 KB, 720x960
>>
File: 1461587183959.jpg (38 KB, 475x720) Image search: [Google]
1461587183959.jpg
38 KB, 475x720
>>
>>73840735
Wouldn't work:
>live out in middle of nowhere
>got a shop on land you claim is yours
>need road to get customers to come, otherwise they don't know if you exist
>can't leave shop to get customers because theft
>can't afford private security yet
>fucked if bandits find your shop, but at least someone other than you has found it
Better make that shop closer to where there are roads.
>>
File: 508.png (133 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
508.png
133 KB, 400x400
>>73840735
It's more efficient to make the government build the roads than having a toll booth every 300 meters.
>>
>>73842007
That doesn't make any fucking sense

Enforce regulations within a market doesn't make the state a participant in that market
>>
Perhaps you Ayn Rand teenagers could look up the interstate highway system and why it was built.

>"The free market will fix it!"
No, it won't. Learn American history before you post your infantile babby's-first-politics garbage.
>>
>>73841027
except if you don't use the roads you don't have to pay
>>
>>73840735
the justice system
>>
>>73842236
>government
>efficient
besides with modern technology you don't need toll "booths"
>>
>>73840735
libertarians don't believe in a non state, but a free state
>>
>>73840955
businesses that want to get people to and from their business
>>
>>73842856
How the fuck are they going to know if you use the roads or not?
>>
Roads can be built the same way fences are.
>>
>>73843204
thats the final argument from this debate, you won't get an answer from him unless he says something retarded like putting an electrified gate every 10 meters everywhere.
>>
>>73843204
We have toll booths and transponders. I get charged two bucks if I use the road, nothing if I don't.
>>
>>73843204
man idk maybe with some sort of patrol or something.
>>
Best argument against Libertarianism is the necessity of an armed forces.
>>
>>73843013
Still modern automatic toll collectors make you lose speed and create jams for those who want to pay with cash.
>>
>>73843535
>toll booths
how the fuck are you gonna make toll booths for the whole downtown area?
>>
>>73842063
Are you saying that in this scenario you own a shop in the middle of a desert that no roads lead to and no people are aware exist, but you also have a bandit problem?

That sounds ridiculous no matter who builds the roads.
>>
>>73843204

Toll booths in my state are non existent, to use toll roads your vehicle has a transponder that is scanned and bills your account. If you don't have a transponder it takes a pic of your license plate and they mail you the bill.
>>
>>73843535
>>73843688
same shit from the urban area that are not suburbs?
>>
>>73840735
Nice, every argument covered except for the only important one: why is being tolled on a road any different from a tax?

>>73841926
How is the broken window fallacy attributed to Krugman?
>>
I don't get this argument because in Canada the government can't even build roads, so I don't know what we lose in a libertarian system
>>
>>73840735
the guy who made this comic hasn't heard of Ontario's 407
>government builds highway to alleviate stress from other roads
>sells it to private company
>401 is now the statistically the busiest road in North America and is literally falling apart because everyone is too fucking cheap to take the 407
>>
>>73841575
How is the land yours when there is no government to enforce your claim?

Enjoy getting claim-jumped by a PMC.
>>
>>73843741
But that's a fucking waste of space for the road.
Just have people chip in for all the roads to be improved, it's easier and doesn't fuck with everything, like taxes.
>>
>>73840950

> Implying that the government doesn't prevent them from building the utilities themselves.
>>
>>73843688
There are already cameras on every fucking traffic light to catch people that run red lights. Just replace them with transponders.
>>73843858
So what you're saying is that the road not falling apart is the one that isn't run by the government?
>>
>>73843900
People should chip in and help their fellow man, they just shouldn't be legally required to.
>>
>>73842677

>doesn't make the state a participant in that market

Don't ever wew me or my wife's lad ever again.
>>
>>73844031
>they just shouldn't be legally required to.
Where did I say it should be enforced?
>>
>>73843955
Yes which is funny as shit since the whole point of the 407 was to keep down construction costs for the 401.

I mean it worked since they never actually work on the 401
>>
>>73843955
they won't be able to monitor everyone since those red light camera are only meant to spot isolated people that are breaking the law not every single vehicle at rush hour.
>>
>>73842854
It was for moving troops left and right in the case that America was attacked, correct? The veins of America.
>>
>>73843900

How is it a waste of space? They are just beams of steel over the road.
>>
>>73844185
Well it's a good thing there are employees at companies that get paid phat stacks of cash to figure out how to make this shit work. I'm no engineer.
>>
>>73840735
>make every road a toll road
>it now costs $50 to go to the shops because the road owner changes a bunch of times

Get fucked.
>>
>>73840735
>people who expect to profit from them

hahahahahhaha
>>
>>73840735
>Who would build the roads
>A company
And people should just agree how to connect each other in the grand scheme of things?
>>
File: ron_paul_bttf.jpg (103 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ron_paul_bttf.jpg
103 KB, 500x281
>>73844343
>"Well if we had flying engines we wouldn't need roads!!!!"
>>
>>73844342
Because now you gotta spend more money having the damn thing being on, and having it collect money for it.
Plus it clutters the road above for which you can build over the road below. Inefficient, just have people who want the road to pay up, have everyone chip in, and if they don't chip in, they don't get on the road. If they get on the road, the others have every right to strip the man of his car and kicking him off the road.
>>
>>73844091
>Just have people chip in for all the roads to be improved, it's easier and doesn't fuck with everything, like taxes.
>Where did I say it should be enforced?

Fair enough, but "just have the people chip in" and the comparison to taxes seemed to imply it. I agree with you that taxes are more efficient/expedient than tolls.
>>
>>73844365
Roads are sold on lease agreements. Ontario's 407 is owned by a spanish company and it costs on average about a 100/month if you use it 5 days a week. People are just too cheap to use it despite the fact that the alternative highways are falling apart and cause accidents from falling debris every year.
>>
>>73844516
>Fair enough, but "just have the people chip in" and the comparison to taxes seemed to imply it.
It means you want it, you pay for it. You chip in, a penny is better than nothing.
>>
>>73843465
or you could just say the entire Japanese mass transit system is privatized
>>
>roads built between economic sites
>everyone else fucked over
>it only makes sense to build yourself a road to your own home if you make bare cash
>the average bumfuck gains nothing
>roads not built
>poor stay poor
>rich stay rich
>the occasional bumfucks get a road on a contract for some businesses' work and will be kicked off their property if they stop working there
>>
Government roads are pretty great. All of you guys are talking about paying multiple dollars every time you want to use a road, toll booth or otherwise. I pay a 1 cent on the dollar tax for gas that pays for almost all of my state's roads and there are literally zero toll roads here. Shit's great.
>>
>>73844484
You're not as smart as the guys who get paid several hundred thousand dollars a year to develop technology for this exact purpose. Shit, who knows what technology will come out in the next few years that makes this even easier?
>>
>>73844588
thats only transit
they still have shittone of publicly-founded roads in urban area.
>>
>>73844560
That's a single road though. OP is suggesting all roads are privatised, which would all but guarantee different owners along a single trip through the suburbs/city, each wanting to recoup their own costs via tolls.
>>
>>73844650
so for the sake of this debate you are admitting that your solution wouldn't work as of now?

got it!
>>
>>73842236
How's Thailand at the moment are you still being ruled temporarily by a military régime or did things settle down for the time being. Just curious?
>>
>>73844560
>$100/mo to use a road
>why won't people use the road
you are an idiot, leaf.
>>
File: Estradas-esburacadas.jpg (47 KB, 563x388) Image search: [Google]
Estradas-esburacadas.jpg
47 KB, 563x388
there is a toll here that is super expensive(like 8$ for cars only to pass once), but it have the best road i've seen. not a single hole. meanwhile on all other roads around here drivers have to avoid all the holes and shittier parts, like pic related(green sober and red is drunk)
>>
File: rtn_202202.jpg (65 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rtn_202202.jpg
65 KB, 600x400
>>73844185
Modern toll cameras are crazy

>Those cameras can capture clear license-plate images at highway speeds and far faster – up to 180 mph

http://www.raytheon.com/news/feature/electronic_tolling.html
>>
I live in a place where the government does jack shit, you know what happens when people start talking about how shit the roads are?
>The government needs to pay for it.
Nobody wants to, or is going to shell out for it.
That's it, the extremely rare times they have they used concrete instead of asphalt.
>>
>>73844591
>everyone else only builds very limited roads for no particular reason
>completely open market for roads to untapped areas
>capitalize on market
>make mad money
>now people can get everywhere

>>73844760
>projecting and being this smug
I'm saying I don't know how different companies would choose to monetize their private roads in this hypothetical scenario, and we shouldn't pretend like we know better than those who do this kind of thing professionally. For example, what this guy posted >>73844945
>>
>>73844945
keyword: HIGHWAY
I have been talking about urban area the whole fucking thread.
>>
You need a government because modern societies are extremely complex and its not like running your house. The main reason for governments to exist is to control and oversee things, and yes they will hire companies to do the actual work, however running a country is like running a multi-billion dollar company. You need a CEO and a board of members, a management level and so on. If you dont understand this simple thing you probably shouldnt vote and finish kindergarten.
>>
Oh yeah right, everything would work so well without the government!
>people who expect to profit from them
Like fucking who? If people had enough money to pay for all those roads they wouldn't fucking bother and just fly a heli everywhere,
It's fucking retarded to think anything would work without government, look at the 3th world countries that don't have it/have government that doesn't do shit.
>>73844999
The fuck is U.S. Virgin islands?
Also don't worry mate, at least you got trips.
>>
>>73844737
Municipal privately owned roads wouldn't work because of the infrastructure problems that come with so many private companies in a single area.

Highways and border roads could work but it depends on how competent the government is.

In Ontario's case, our provincial government is completely retarded when it comes to road spending. Last year we had huge stretches of razed roads with no signs or anything. I ended up having to get my suspension replaced because it eventually completely fucked up my car.
>>
>>73845070
You know how they hang the stop light over the road to tell you to stop? You could just put a fucking camera right next to it, you fucking retard.
>>
>>73845070
The answer is either
A) the people who want the roads there or
B) The area is so urban that cars aren't needed
>>
>>73844900
It shaves off on average 30 minutes from commute times. You'll save more from gas money by taking the 407 than you will by not taking it.
>>
>>73845119

Fuck you!
>>
File: 1461459858232.jpg (140 KB, 811x960) Image search: [Google]
1461459858232.jpg
140 KB, 811x960
>>73840735
>Libertarians want the whole world to be worse than Brazil, with a tiny percentage of territory paved with streets of literal gold while everything else is dirt paths
NO. Fuck you, libertarians. Get out.
>>
>>73845119
>You need a government to run things
Name 5 things that you need a government for, just 5
>>
>>73845363
>he doesn't support the idea of charity and giving your money to help pay for the community to build roads
>>
>>73845481
>Everything will just work out if we give the rich everything and just use profit as the main motive for all existence
Why don't libertarians know that the 1800s was already a thing?
>>
>>73845205
you,re the fuckign retard if you can't understand the fact that cars in urban area are moving much more close to each other rendering the spying much more difficult. A car the is skipping a red light moves by itself thus much more easier to identify

>>73845296
Urban areas are sometimes the whole agglomeration of the city. If people are into an urban area and ride all the way downtown they don't necessarily have to be on the highway.
>>
>>73845363
>Libertarians are dumb because a bunch of these Social Darwinist and Anarcho-Capitalist authors don't meet my arbitrary criteria.

Oh man I sure am blown the fuck out.
>>
If you want a stake or say in society, grow up and pay your taxes. Fuck your high times shit and your "oh nothing technically says I have to pay income tax!". You cant bitch about broken/damaged infrastructure and tell your government to coddle you while trying to avoid taxes.

Man, you people are fucking dumb.
>>
>>73845363
Someone care to explain that pic?
>>
>>73845406
making and upholding laws
diplomacy
fighting wars
liberal democracy
protecting people who cannot protect themselves
border security
police
international treaties
food and other safety standards
having a military which is under the control of law

I could do this all day.

Now imagine any of these are in the hands of a group like yourself. You'd send the military to kill negros because you can and there's nothing to stop you.

And what happens if a negro sends his military to kill you, because there's no one to stop him?

Well then you get something like Somalia.
>>
>>73845554
Where did I say that? Where in the fuck did I say that? Are you against charity, the rich aren't going to help so it must be the middle class/lower class to ask, to demand that they give money to help the community.
>libertarians
lel, I'm not a faggot.
>>
fug u i jus wand do liv in an anargo-gapitalisd society free marget fixs evrything :DD
>>
>>73840955
The same people who profited from laying down railroads.
>>
>>73845406
A good army
A police force
Making laws
Deporting non-citizens
[spoiler] reasonably priced utilities [/spoiler]
>>
>>73840735
>Live in Libertarian land.
>Notice that a wealthy region has a lack of roads.
>Build massive ringroad around wealthy region and charge $500 to use it.
>Wealthy folk can either pay up or stay trapped inside.
Hey guys, I think I just resurrected banditry and the highwayman lifestyle.
>>
File: privatized-roads-comic.png (115 KB, 780x420) Image search: [Google]
privatized-roads-comic.png
115 KB, 780x420
>>73842236
>>
>>73845837
So, do spoiler tags not work on /pol/ anymore? This is the second time I have typed them correctly and they have not worked.
>>
>>73845877
>building things

why not just

>knock on wealthy guy's door
>hold gun in his face
>demand $500
>he pays
>you hire another guy from the money
>you come back next day

its called the mafia I guess.
>>
>>73840735
Dear god, learn the nuanced need for government intervention in naturalised monopoles
>>
>>73845973
It's a red board, meaning it doesn't work.
>>
>>73845837
An army isn't necessarily the government's responsibility entirely. Israel uses a lot of contract mercenaries from out of the country. Of course, if you actually want to win wars you need a government funded army but for general security purposes, mercenaries can work just fine.
>>
>>73845973
>anymore
>>
>>73846006
I imagine they'd just call the police. Libertarians aren't ancaps.
>>
>>73844943
There's a bridge in phillie that's like 17$ toll
>>
File: potholes.jpg (81 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
potholes.jpg
81 KB, 620x465
>>73845563
I don't think urban areas would be the best for a toll type system, but the cameras would still work. Privatized highways are the way to go. They are already built and would be easy to implement tolls. Then the government could focus on repairing the pothole ridden suburban and urban roads.
>>
>>73846051
The important thing is the chain of command.

If there's no government, there's no chain of command accepted by everyone, then you get several militaries which will fight against each other. This has been proved again and again during history.
>>
>>73843800

Voluntary, and the money doesn't blow up children or shoot stefan molyneux
>>
>>73845638
Of course you are. And of course you don't realize it. There has seldom been a rational point a libertarian has made. All you retards do is use ignorance of history and literal religious claims to support a cult. ANYONE who knows even basic shit about pre-20th century America could never be a libertarian unless they were just Churchill-tier evil.

>>73845676
The major founders of the church of libertarianism were hypocrites and morons (and jews - just coincidence, of course).

>>73845759
Actually, upon rereading your post, I'm not sure what your argument is.

>>73845973
>anymore
When did they?
>>
>>73840735
God, I wish someone would just round up all the libertarians and systematically shoot them all.

Oh, wait...

THE GOVERNMENT CAN DO THAT!
>>
>>73846108
... That guy knocking at the door with the gun IS the government...
>>
>>73845316
you have effectively allowed a company to extort you for $1200 annually and you're thankful for it

i do not understand you canada
>>
>>73845754
>making and upholding laws
Privatized police forces have a track record for being more successful
>diplomacy
That's one
>fighting wars
That's called 'military', that's two
>liberal democracy
Unnecessary in a libertarian society, as laws and public policy naturally evolve through the free market
>protecting people who cannot protect themselves
Did you see what I said about privatized police earlier?
>border security
See privatized police again.
>police
See privatized police again.
>international treaties
That's just diplomacy again, so we're still at two.
>food and other safety standards
Unsafe things don't get bought, safe things get bought, companies already avoid making unsafe things in favor of safe things. If they make malicious products, then you can refer to the privatized police.
>having a military which is under the control of law
And now we're back at military, so we're still at two.

>I could do this all day.
Feel free to continue.
>Now imagine any of these are in the hands of a group like yourself. You'd send the military to kill negros because you can and there's nothing to stop you.
How would I go about doing that? Why would I do that? How can you not see the opposition I would face for doing that?
>And what happens if a negro sends his military to kill you, because there's no one to stop him?
What?
>>
File: 1462493685811.png (949 KB, 1588x2400) Image search: [Google]
1462493685811.png
949 KB, 1588x2400
>>73840735
>it's a libertarderian thread
>>
File: donald-trump-is-dumb-comic.png (201 KB, 780x800) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-is-dumb-comic.png
201 KB, 780x800
>>73840735
>>
>>73846195
But it won't of course. Because the government is far more lax than libertarians give it credit for. Far too lax, frankly.
>>
>>73846006
The roads make an excellent location to put a bandit group mate. Once they are boxed in you can start making demands of them but the main point is to have a base of operations to help defend against the inevitable mercenary/vigilante mob descending on your perfectly legitimate organization.

Gotta think 2 steps ahead mate.
>>
>>73846189
It isn't an argument, it's stating shit. If the rich refuse the middle class should rise up and bully them, take from the rich who refuse to play ball and use that money to go back into the community. Like taxes.
>>
>>73846051

>Israel uses a lot of contract mercenaries from out of the country.

Maybe, not entirely. My dad moved to America to dodge Israels draft.
>>
>>73845754
Reminder, lolbitarians don't believe in boarders.

Personally I think government is necessary even if only for emergency services and laws.
>house catches fire
>call a firefighter
>house is gone
>"Sucks about the house, that'll be $900"
Or it'd be like tipping where you get shitty service if you're known to not tip.
>call an ambulance
>"Hey jerry, that's the guy that never pays because he's poor"
>"Fuck him johnny, let's put him at the back of the queue"
>meanwhile you're on the ground having a heart attack
>>
>>73840735
>live in lolbertarian land
>harvest all the air
>charge people $1e999 to breath
Check mate athiests
>>
>>73846248
I almost caught autism from trying to understand this comic.
>>
>>73846234
What makes you think a "privatized police" would protect people who cant protect themselves? Why would they protect people who cannot afford paying them for example?
>>
>>73845837
Literally everything you just said could and often is done better through privatized methods.
>>73846189
>All you retards do is use ignorance of history and literal religious claims to support a cult.
Literally what are you talking about?
>>
>>73846389
How?
It's literally saying that with that small loan of a Million dollars, he was able to amass a giant fortune
>>
>>73846378
On a more realistic note:
>Live in lolbertarian land.
>Harvest all the water.
>Charge people to take the water.
Hmm, I'm sure I've heard of this before.
>>
>>73846228
beats paying 2400 bucks for car repairs every year because my government can't into road repairs. I only argue in favor of the 407 because our government doesn't do shit for road repairs. It takes them years to accomplish anything.

>>73846297
I think it's more a recent thing. As far as I know, a lot of countries don't have severe penalties for joining a mercenary group, as long as it's one fighting for Israel
>>
>>73846234
>Unnecessary in a libertarian society, as laws and public policy naturally evolve through the free market
Does that mean in a libertarian society you can go on a murder spree as long as you can afford to pay more than the guys family/friends that you've killed?
>>
>>73846234
also

>there are no unsafe products because of x
you're wrong
>>
>>73846454
Yes. However it's being attributed to Donald Trump 'being an idiot' and 'dumb luck'.
If stupidity was enough to earn billions there wouldn't be a poor negro on the planet.
>>
File: image.gif (12 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
12 KB, 501x585
>>73846314
This.

Imagine driving on a highway owned and maintained by some greedy ass corporation.

>stop lights and intersections every 10 miles
>Toll booths at everyone
>speakers and billboards blasting advertisements.

No thanks. I'll gladly pay the government instead.
>>
>>73846171
Lol
>>
>>73846399
This also goes for the border. Why would they protect the border when they could just protect the people who pay them? AKA what "privatized police" do now in fenced off suburbs?
>>
>>73846577
No no, britcuck, the point of the comic is making fun of the faggots that call him stupid, that's the joke.
>>
>>73846389
It's poking fun at the people who think it was pure luck that he turned $1m into billions.
>>
>>73840955
>toll gates at major freeways
>auto companies lay down roads so people will buy their cars
>communities invest in roads together like neighbors

My town had a giant piggybank for a new wifi. Everyone contributed extra change every week. Got it done in three months.
>>
>>73846314
or

>your neighbors home catches fire
>he pays the privatized firemen
>they arrive, but while they save your neightbors house, the flames start burning yours
>"Well we could do yours, that'd be $10000 because of the circumstances, or we could just leave"

This could also go for the "privatized police". They'd essentially be like the Mafia, exact same result.
>>
>>73846314
>implying either of those business practices would produce a profit and be successful
>>
>>73846671
>>73846743
I'll bet a small loan of a million dollars you are taking it further than the artist intended.
The same guy did OP and that was clearly retarded.
>>
>>73846488
>realistic
>to harvest all the water
>all the water
>one of the most abundant compounds on Earth
>harvest all of it
>realistic
Wew lad
>>
File: 1444800415443.jpg (70 KB, 599x632) Image search: [Google]
1444800415443.jpg
70 KB, 599x632
>>
>>73846826
He's a libertarian, what did you expect?
>>
>>73846234
>Privatized police forces have a track record for being more successful
On a microscopic scale, sure. Now imagine a nationwide, exclusively for-profit police force with ZERO government oversight. If you can't understand why that's a recipe for the worst third world policies, you prove exactly why libertarians should be executed in the street.

>That's called 'military', that's two
The for-profit MIC is pure cancer. Literally one of the most wicked forces in human history. Next.

>Unnecessary in a libertarian society, as laws and public policy naturally evolve through the free market
Oh boy.

>border security
>See privatized police again.
Kek. How are so many people this lacking in awareness? Business interests are the EXCLUSIVE reason that all this illegal third world immigration is even happening. The only reason the governments have a hand in this is because businesses were allowed to get so thoroughly out of hand after Reagan that they now outright OWN all governments. I'm sure if we just remove as many restrictions on business as possible, the market will force them to do the right thing. FUCKING. LITERALLY. RETARDED.

>Unsafe things don't get bought
Oh look at that, a libertarian doesn't know history again. Government regulations only exist to spoil CEOs' fun! Not because something happened which made them necessary. No, of course not. And if you can't come up with at least three examples off the top of your head for this, then you fail at both history and logical thought and prove your severe ignorance of history.

>And now we're back at military, so we're still at two.
Except that in a libertarian society (or as close to that as we can get - direct corporatocracy), it's warring corporations who own private mercenary armies with zero oversight - and we're already seeing the immense degree of abuse this is causing with the minor degree of private contractors we've been using since Iraq).
>>
>>73840955
Black knights and their toll bridges, so my Medieval Chroniclers tell me.
>>
>>73846399
It's already being done in several towns in the US, and they're better off for it. The only difference between a privatized police and federally funded police is that privatized police face far more scrutiny for inadequacy.
>>73846546
No, it means that we don't need a governing babysitter making our decisions for us. Quit strawmanning.
>>73846561
No company intentionally puts out unsafe products because companies want to make money. The government issueing fees that are typically less than one percent their yearly profit is hardly as much of a deterrent as them losing stock value.
>>
>>73846830
He probably meant fresh water, which is much easier to control.
>>
>>73846488
>water companies are evil

They produce a mass surplus of cheap and clean water. There is also nothing preventing you from collecting rain water (besides the government) even if you disagree with the idea.
>>
>>73846937
>No company intentionally puts out unsafe products

wrong
>>
>>73842677
He said, as the Dutch state monopolized public transport and started encroaching on the culture sector and municipalities even go so far as to start yacht harbours that directly compete with private enterprise.
>>
>>73846830
Mate you only need to have a death grip on a single region to gain a monopoly. It's something that has been done many times in the past.
>Region has a lake fed by underground water.
>Settle by the lake.
>Charge people to buy the water at a huge price which they have to pay to live.
It's an effective strategy much like putting a toll gate between a market and the river that people fish in (This is how London started to become a large city).
>>
>>73846314
The reason lolbitarians don't believe in borders is because they are unnecessary.
High IQ societies are very expensive to live in and the gate that keeps out niggers and shitskins is their inability to earn a living wage in these high IQ societies. The reason high IQ countries have low IQ people in them right now is because the government is paying for most of their expenses. Take that away and they will either die, be taken in by family members or charity, or move back to Africa.
>>
>>73843142
Fuck that, I'm opening my business on an already existing road. Some other poor sucker's gonna have to pay for that.
>>
>>73847057
I'll take what are microbeads in handsoaps for 500 alex

They were literally using processed garbage to make these things and marketing them as "deep cleaning soap beads" before they got taken off the shelves
>>
>>73843204
You have never even seen a toll road, have you? All of Southern Europe (expecially France) uses them. There are boots and gates, and you pay to get on, or you get fucked and used small local roads.
>>
>>73847039
Water companies aren't inherently evil. They can become evil though.
Imagine if they upped the prices by a thousand times. It would actually become economical to buy bottled water.
>>
>>73846819
They certainly would profit though, it's called an emergency for a reason, people are willing to pay basically anything if their life is in danger and will certainly pay a small amount to save a large amount.
Besides, both scenarios already exist just in normal areas.
>computer's fucked
>go to the IT guys
>come back in a week
>"yeah it's fucked, you'll need a new one, that'll be $50 for the consultation"
and
>known for not tipping
>get your food fucked with and delayed because you don't pay what they consider the full amount
>>
>>73847164
Those aren't efficient you idiot, read the thread again.
>>
>>73844044
fresh
>>
>>73845783
Except railroads were heavily subsidized with public funds and built on public land that was given to them for free.
>>
>>73847147
Pretty much every restaurant would do horrible things if they could get away with it. Still from time to time they found horrible shit in restaurants.

Oil spills happen because companies want to spare money, industrial accidents can happen because of this too, its literally still a pretty common thing despite government oversight. Surely without it there would be none I guess...
>>
>>73847164
But in a libertarian wet dream even smaller roads would have toll gates
A toll gate heaven
>>
>>73843900
what if I am an evironmentalist completely opposed to roads and dont like cars? You will *force* me to pay for your hobby?

Anti-freedom faggotry, I say. Not that I am an anti-car hippy, but Im just saying. Freedom trumps all.
>>
>>73847244
Having hired thug #112 through #125 man a toll booth that potentially makes 100x the amount you pay them is about as efficient as you can get.
>>
>>73846900
>If you can't understand why that's a recipe for the worst third world policies, you prove exactly why libertarians should be executed in the street.
Oh so it's bad for reasons you're not going to explain? Sweet, thanks for the insight.
>The for-profit MIC is pure cancer. Literally one of the most wicked forces in human history. Next.
Emotional appeal over logical reasoning. Next.
>Oh boy.
Sweet.
>Business interests are the EXCLUSIVE reason that all this illegal third world immigration is even happening.
Why would a privatized police force want less border security? So they can hire cheaper cops? What's your thinking here? Watch this, the police force that says "Hey, we'll protect the borders" gets the town's contract if that's what that community prioritizes. Easy.
>Government regulations only exist to spoil CEOs' fun! Not because something happened which made them necessary.
When car companies started putting out vehicles that were killing people, the government fine was infinitesimally smaller than the stock price plummet. The market is what drove them to improve standards, not your government babysitter.
>it's warring corporations who own private mercenary armies with zero oversight
Corporations aren't magic, they make money from people. The privatized military that fucks up doesn't get the contract, the one that doesn't fuck up does get the contract.
>>
>>73845070
Urban area? Walk or cycle, you unbelievably lazy bastard.

Develop a Metro or Tram company if you are that pathologically opposed to exercise.
>>
>>73847057
>Hey I got a great idea to make money
>Put out shit that people don't want to buy
>That's why we started this business, to not make money!

The real world isn't an anarcho-communist political cartoon
>>
>>73847262
It just comes down to greed which is why I don't trust a lot of companies in a libertarian society. Anyone who's ever worked for a private company will tell you that their company has done more than a few things in order to skirt costs.

At my old job we used to ship our shit to mexico and shipped back in order to avoid certain quality checks.
>>
>>73847341
>what if I am an evironmentalist completely opposed to roads and dont like cars?
Then don't pay into it. It's your money, donate it to whatever the hell you want, I'm not you.
>>73847394
>potentially makes 100x the amount you pay them is about as efficient as you can get.
That's disgusting, people should be able to police themselves and force others that haven't pay into the system out of it.
>>
>>73846424
>Literally what are you talking about?
Exactly. Oh I don't know shit like "Environmental regulations exist to spoil corporations' fun! ...It's totally not because the Cuyahoga river used to occasionally burst into flames because there were previously ZERO enivronmental regulations." This is the shit I'm talking about. We already experienced a time when most of what libertarians wanted happened and we GOT RID OF IT FOR A REASON. Literally nobody but libertarians want to return to truck systems, child slave labor in dangerous factories with zero safety standards and water so pollute it literally burns in the open in a downtown metropolitan area. Libertarians don't seem to know about any of these inconvenient facts. Apparently, history isn't a popular subject at Libertarian seminary.
>>
>>73845149
3rd world countries are shit because they are inhabited by braindead morons with 80 IQ. Look at China to see what dirt poor people with intelligence can achieve.
>>
>>73843800
>How is the broken window fallacy attributed to Krugman?

That retard thinks any time money moves it's good. If the windows are broken, then the owner has to buy new ones. The owner "simulated" the economy.

Krugman is a loud 8 year-old with grey hair. Fuck him.
>>
File: 1445663227561.png (275 KB, 322x586) Image search: [Google]
1445663227561.png
275 KB, 322x586
>>73841190
>Go down road
>$20 toll
>Fuck this
>Go the longer way
>$10 toll
>Only other way is 30+ minutes
>GFD
Thanks muh roads
>>
>>73847527
We tried private public transit in LA. It only worked as a loss leader to sell real estate in the suburbs and then got promptly dropped because it wasn't sustainable and had terrible coverage even at its peak. Our metro areas are very large here in the US.
>>
>>73845754
>protecting people who cannot protect themselves
Fuck the weak, pussy.
Laws? immoral statism.
Diplomacy? Can be done between individuals. Fuck your massive collectives.
>police
Immoral.
>food
What, because humans managed without food untill the advent of the modern state in the 19th century? Moron.
>>
>>73847570
I don't think you get what libertarianism is. The basis of it is that you should be allowed to do whatever you want so long as it doesn't affect those who didn't consent to the action. A fucking river bursting into flames and ruining the local environment counts as affecting those who didn't consent, therefore is not fucking cool as far as libertarianism is concerned.
>>
>>73847542
So you don't tell them it's bad for them.
Better yet you convince them it's good for them.
See: smoking.
>>
>>73847760
>Laws are immoral
>Diplomacy between states is bad
>Having someone you can trust to uphold the duties that you ask them to do is immoral
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>73847694
You're currently on a private website and don't have to pay a dime.

>roads are paid for by billboards

Done.
>>
>>73847721
>private public transit
that can't be right
>>
>>73847694
>Can't make decent money on eBay because everything I sell gets undercut to shit
>Somehow this specific scenario is when all business sense goes out the window
>>73847779
Who the fuck says smoking is good for you? Who the fuck believes smoking is good for you? I hope you realize it was independent study and not government oversight that alerted everyone to the potential dangers.
>>
>>73847244
They work better than the pot holled roads of Czechia and Poland, I'll tell you that.

>>73847568
Taxes arent elective, you moron. And you are proposing taxes to fund roads.

>>73847721
Maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with the hilly and rocky terrain of LA?
And I am not fucking in favour of public *anything* you cuck. Public transit? No, fuck off. Mass transit by private companies or fuck off.

And your metro areas are only large because of your excessive house sizes, and no sense of community.
>>
File: smokeafreshcigarettept2l1.jpg (245 KB, 950x613) Image search: [Google]
smokeafreshcigarettept2l1.jpg
245 KB, 950x613
>>73847979
>Who the fuck says smoking is good for you?
Please just say you're trolling so I know people aren't really this fucking ignorant about history.
>>
>>73847760
The strong is strong until someone stronger comes up
>>
>>73847979
>Who the fuck says smoking is good for you?
Pre-1950ish smoking industry.
>I hope you realize it was independent study and not government oversight that alerted everyone to the potential dangers.
And who's the one trying to cut down on who smokes? Because it doesn't seem to be a private company, the private companies would do everything they can to keep people smoking.
>>
>>73847847
>still believing states should exist
Yes mate, states are immoral. You should update your Bakunin.

And I didnt ask the diplomats of my country jack shit. Did I ask them to make a terrible deal with Turkey to keep migrants out? No i did not. This was not a voluntary exchange, it was forced on me.
>>
>>73847431
>Oh so it's bad for reasons you're not going to explain? Sweet, thanks for the insight.
Only reinforcing what I just said. If you can't come up with examples on your own, you've already proven you're too ignorant to have a valid opinion on the subject. Don't worry, since you're mentally crippled, I've listed some examples here: >>73847570 Go read a book, you fucking nigger.

>Emotional appeal
Fucking trash it.

>Why would a privatized police force want less border security?
You honestly can't figure this out without handholding? Jesus Christ. I'm not giving you this one for free. Work for it. You should appreciate that.

>When car companies
Let's talk about car companies for a second. Before Japanese imports became a thing, cars didn't last for shit in America, and the American car companies claimed it was this way because it's what Americans wanted. Then Japanese imports became available and people started buying them instead because they lasted longer. Now all cars pretty much last the same amount of time. But American corporations DID NOT WANT THIS. You can try to claim this was the free market, but it actually wasn't. The Japanese don't believe in the free market. They believe in quality. And that's not motivated by an endless thirst for profit. Even now, income disparity is far less in Japan than America and they're probably the only nation on Earth that isn't imploding at the speed of light - meanwhile, the corporate-owned West is eating itself to make the rich more profit.
>>
>>73848061
>Taxes arent elective, you moron. And you are proposing taxes to fund roads.
I am not, I'm saying those who wish to have the roads must pay into the roads, those who donate the money, who give to the system should be allowed to have the privilege to use it. If you don't want to pay into it, tough shit, don't use the fucking roads.
>>
File: libertarian-roads.jpg (89 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
libertarian-roads.jpg
89 KB, 650x450
>>73840735
>live in libertarian utopia
>wake up
>no internet because DARPA was never funded and thus it wasn't developed
>eat breakfast
>hope I don't die of heavy metal poisoning because there are no regulations regarding food safety
>walk outside
>get in my car
>hope I don't get hit because there's no regulations requiring seat belts or airbags
>driving along the dirt road to my job at megacorp because there are no roads
>work for 9 hours with a 15 minute break to eat my hopefully toxin free food
>drive home from work to greet my daughter
>who's completely illiterate and can't go to school because there are no public schools and I can't afford private school
>just as I pull up to the house, a guy in a van with free ice cream snatches my daughter and drives off in a cloud of dust
>call the private police company
>"please note you will be charged $19.95 for this call"
>they give me a quote for $1000 to investigate my daughter being kidnapped
>only make $800 a month because no labor laws
>politely decline
>walk home
>get stabbed for my shoes
>nearby private police contractor can't interfere because I don't have coverage with their company
>can't afford to go to the hospital, but then I'd probably die there anyway because there's no requirements for hospitals to practice proper sanitation
>megacorp inherits my house because that's what my employment contract said in the fine print
>reflect on how fantastic life is without that oppressive government
>>
>>73848103
>>73848171
Last time I checked it hasn't been the 1950's for at least ten years.

>the private companies would do everything they can to keep people smoking.
Fuck, I forgot that all of those companies that make money off of helping people quit smoking actually want people to keep smoking. I had no idea that literally every company works together with each other as some sort of evil conglomerate.
>>
>>73847979
>I hope you realize it was independent study and not government oversight that alerted everyone to the potential dangers.
A Certain A. Hitler financed and backed the earliest anti-smoking research.

So uhm... no. Much as I am anti-state. Smoking being bad for you was discovered by a state.

>>73848129
And then you die, having lived a life that has known struggle and thus meaning.

Not this pathetic, pampered, couched life that we have now.
Id rather die in anarchy than live in comfort.
>>
Reminder that a heavily publicly subsidised (by multiple countries) ""private"" company managed to land a rocket on a boat 1 in 4 times therefore government is redundant
>>
>>73841258
Fuck I hate those guys!
>>
>>73842677
The US government is the biggest consumer in America
>>
>>73848304
>donate the money
So why is that any different/worse than a company doing it for profit? People still pay to have roads. Whether donating or paying. And a company at least has an incentive to run good unfrastructure in order to attract more clients. Some kind of good will foundation for cars? Why would they?

The only alternative is a state forcing people to pay taxes "for the greater good".
>>
>people think this kind of free market stateless society would work

Jews were literally turn the entire world into an autocratic hellhole.
>>
>>73848287
>Don't worry, since you're mentally crippled, I've listed some examples here: >>73847570
Yeah, I know, that was a reply to me. I already said that in a libertarian society, setting the local river on fire wouldn't be cool.

>Fucking trash it.
k

>You honestly can't figure this out without handholding? Jesus Christ. I'm not giving you this one for free. Work for it. You should appreciate that.
>I can't think of an argument, argue with yourself for me

>Then Japanese imports became available and people started buying them instead because they lasted longer. Now all cars pretty much last the same amount of time.
I... wait. You're fucking with me, aren't you?
>You can try to claim this was the free market, but it actually wasn't.
Oh shit, you really had me going there for a while. Fucking gold star for you, man.
>>
>Any time society is successful despite its libertarian leanings
SEE? LIBERTARIANISM WORKS!
>Any time society fails from libertarian leanings
THAT'S NOT TRUE LIBERTARIANISM, THAT WAS ANARCHY!

You clowns are the communists of the right wing.
>>
>>73848349
>libertarian
God you fucking homos... Libertarians are NOT anarcho capitalist, and believe there is *some* role for the state in society.

Namely defence and infrastructure. Things where collective self interest breaks down.
>>
File: 1451557115739.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1451557115739.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>73843900
>Just have people chip in for all the roads to be improved

>mfw not enough people chip in due to "somebody else's problem" effect
>mfw you have to force people to chip in
>mfw this is literally taxatiobn
>>
>>73847774
But there are plenty of libertarians who say that taxation is theft and any kind of government is immoral.

These are the ones that people tend to call retarded.

Generally wanting people to not be deprived of liberty without serious justification is perfectly fine, but rights don't come without duties. In other words, freedom isn't free.
>>
>>73848515
>So why is that any different/worse than a company doing it for profit?
Because the people are paying someone to build the road. If the people want the roads, then they must pay into it, if they don't, fuck'em, they don't use it. If the other companies want to use the road, then they must be forced to pay out of pocket to use it. It is a privilege to use the road, not a right. Only the privilege (anyone that pays into the system) can use the roads.
>>
>>73848578
Idealism of any sort is a cancer
'gas the kikes race war now' is not productive
>>
>>73846157
Do rural American towns really have roads that shitty?
Pictured is a rural Victorian town for comparison.
>>
>>73847774
So you get to murder the person who ruined the water or what? How do you prosecute people in an area with no system? Like, how do y'all not understand that humans collect with like minded people and naturally order and rule is made. Whether it's a chief, a king, or a modern government, system is made. Anarchy is fucking system less. Ie: no rules. Get fucked. It's fairy tale
>>
>>73844031
how about I use the roads and dont chip in. Why would I help you I'm here for myself
>>
>>73847431
>Corporations aren't magic, they make money from people.
Oh man, I don't even want to address this. There are more important factors involved in market forces than just "people want to shop here". Wal-Mart is a great example. Wal-Mart had the resources to undersell all other competitors and thereby pushed out all other options. People had the option to either save money so they could survive an increasingly harsher financial environment or keep other stores open. There's no way in hell it was going to go any other way, and Wal-Mart knew this. There simply was no choice, only the illusion of choice. And the entire market is like that. But libertarians refuse to see things that way, because it's religiously convenient for them not to.

And yes, corporations DO need to be babysat, because they're spoiled bitches who'll tear up the furniture and burn down the house if you don't.

>>73847774
So you're saying libertarians aren't in favor of deregulating businesses?

>A fucking river bursting into flames and ruining the local environment counts as affecting those who didn't consent
Yet the government had to step in directly because nothing was being done after shit like this happened MULTIPLE times. This wasn't a one time occurrence. Funny how that works. I'm sure if it was allowed to continue long enough an angry mob may have driven out the looters and hanged the businesses' owners, but of course that would be prevented in a libertarian society and it's not desirable in ours either.

So are you for deregulating business or not? Let me guess, you're more interesting in finding some way to blame the government for allowing the businesses to do this shit in the first place, while simultaneously claiming businesses should be deregulated, which just so happens to be the exact thing which lead to this?

>>73848103
Libertarians believe only the present exists. The past doesn't count. Precedent is irrelevant.
>>
>>73848652
Shhhhhh, don't let the goyim know, gosh.
>>
>>73847760
The state is not immoral, it's just an association of people that is stronger than you.

>fuck the weak

I agree, libertarians are weak and so they must bear the duties the state imposes upon them.
>>
>>73848363
Imagine this scenario, the guys that did the study to find out smoking was bad went to the smoking industry in private and told them. They never told another person.
Do you think the smoking industry would suddenly stop or do you think they'd just cover it up?
You seem to think people intrinsically know what's good for them and that companies will fix their own wrong doings.

Also, it's in the quitting companies best interests for people not to quit smoking, the more they come back the better. Sure someone will come along with a better cure but then you "suddenly" make yours even better, all the while you continue to want the smoking companies in business because your company depends on it.
>>
File: 1456218566132.jpg (39 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1456218566132.jpg
39 KB, 500x738
>>73840735
are you fucking retarded anon? In south korea the government let companies build roads and bridges AND THERE IS A FUCKING TOLL EVERY FUCKING 5 MILES HOLY SHIT
>>
>>73848731
So what, you think a company can survive without a profit (i.e. people who want roads using them)? Do you believe companies are evil genies that manipulate people who dont need roads into using them or something?

Donations never achieve anything, faggot. Have a gander over at kickstarter if you dont believe me.
>>
>>73848379
>A Certain A. Hitler financed and backed the earliest anti-smoking research.
[Citation Needed], and a government figure supporting smoking research doesn't mean they were the ones that finalized the studies and informed people. I'm pretty sure nobody, at least here, credits the Nazis for helping them kick their habit.
>>73848660
>But there are plenty of libertarians who say that taxation is theft and any kind of government is immoral.
Those are called Anarchists. They just call themselves Libertarian because Anarchism is so associated with edgy teens and shitty music that nobody listens to them. I do consider forced taxation a form of theft if the person being charged isn't utilizing anything the taxes are being put towards, but a government in place for national defense or international relations is something that literally everyone in a nation benefits from and is, therefore, justifiable to tax for.
>>
>>73848953
I don't think you understand that this is about taxation without calling it taxation. Donating the money by force is still donating the money.
>>
How can libertarian individualists protect themselves from Chinese invasion?
>>
>>73848953
if a company can't survive without a profit then they aren't meant to survive
>>
File: 1460828843092.jpg (28 KB, 528x440) Image search: [Google]
1460828843092.jpg
28 KB, 528x440
What does /pol/ think the best political and economic system is? and why?
>>
>>73847176
If a company raised their prices well beyond the market value of their water, they would not be able to compete with other companies that charge the market value and have losses instead of profits.

>>73847215
The amount people would pay is high because they have a high value of the service and a high price would be reasonable. However private firefighters can compete with more efficient payment methods than "hey your house is on fire that will be $900 sir." It would work just like private fire insurance where different companies can compete for both an affordable and efficient way of profiting.
>>
>>73848061
Private mass transit was what I meant to say, my apologies. Knew it didn't look right.

We had real estate tycoons put up huge amounts of light rail to connect the suburbs with downtown to encourage people to buy houses out there. They were wildly successful at selling real estate and then scrapped the rail system because it was wildly unprofitable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Electric

>And your metro areas are only large because of your excessive house sizes, and no sense of community.
They're large because first, we have a lot of people, Greater Los Angeles has 18.6 million people to your country's 17 million. And second, because we have a lot of space in this country.
>>
>>73844999
RARE
A
R
E
>>
File: wideleaf.jpg (5 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
wideleaf.jpg
5 KB, 300x57
>>73843800
Krugman is a famous international economist who subscribes to Keynesian economic policy.

Suiting captcha
>>
>>73849090
None and all.
It's all about the times and how the situation is playing out.
>>
What's stopping an ultra-rich conglomerate of Chosen People from hiring a private army and enslaving the population in a certain area?
>>
>>73848799
Excuse me, where the fuck did I say laws and government are fucking evil and need to vanish completely? You arrest them and persecute them, fucking obviously.
>>73848824
I appreciate the effort, but you already gave yourself away with the "this example of the free market working isn't actually free market because something" earlier.
>>
>>73849052
They don't. They would get BTFO because they were too busy squabbling over gold and the Nonaggression principle
>>
>>73848947
That's why it's not best korea.
>>
>>73848904
The state is not an association of people. It is a class, an organization. All it consists of is people misusing the system to their advantage.

>libertarians are weak
Politically, maybe. Individually? Nah. I bet you dont even match 1/2/3/4/. And if you dont know what that means, you dont even go to /fit/ and are weaker than a HIV infected Rhesus macaque.
>>
>>73848660
>But there are plenty of libertarians who say that taxation is theft and any kind of government is immoral.

Many libertarians think that but view government/taxes as a necessary evil. If you completely oppose the idea of government you are an ancap not a libertarian.
>>
>>73849090
anarcho-fascism
>>
>>73849052
They support open borders.
>>
>>73849218
>Individually? Nah. I bet you dont even match 1/2/3/4/. And if you dont know what that means, you dont even go to /fit/ and are weaker than a HIV infected Rhesus macaque.
And people have guns. They can shoot.
>>
>>73847851

He'a not forced to go shitpost, but he is forced to use roads. What's to stop one company from buying all the roads in a neighborhood/city and charging a massive toll?
>>
>>73846239
>check flag
>not american
huh, i always thought it was the same faggot samefagging this autistic story
>>
>>73848812
Then you would be billed by the owners if caught and taken to court if you refuse to pay.
>>
>>73848363
How is the time elapsed relevant?

It completly negates the claim that companies would never sell a harmful product and then lie about its effects when there was no governing body stepping in and wrapping them sharply on the knuckles.

We know it happens, we have examples of it happening, it doesn't happen on the same scale now because we have regulatory agencies.
>>
>>73848349
How come libertarians never acknowledge that third world slums and favelas are perfect examples of the totally unregulated free market in action?

>>73848363
>Fuck, I forgot that all of those companies that make money off of helping people quit smoking actually want people to keep smoking.
You do realize that the tobacco industry has WAY more fucking money than any combination of anti-smoking private agencies, right?

>I had no idea that literally every company works together with each other as some sort of evil conglomerate.
Nope. Your beloved market forces just operate to serve the rich and powerful, as they always have.

>>73848385
>100 year old technology has been landed
>This is progress to a capitalist
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I thought it wasn't the 1950s anymore though? We should be WAY beyond this primitive tech by now. Now explain how the USSR kicked America's ass in the space race at every benchmark until the moonlandings? Or how Americans are STILL using Nazi technology for all their space travel? Wow, you know what the USSR and Nazi Germany have in common that they don't with America? Bet you can guess!

>>73848571
>setting the local river on fire wouldn't be cool.
Yet it happened. BECAUSE society already had your ridiculous market norms in place.

>k
Sociopathy isn't a valid argument, as much as libertarians may wish to believe it is.

>I can't think of an argument, argue with yourself for me
The argument isn't even difficult. You're just a retard. I'll give you a hint: Listeria.

>>73848578
Libertarians literally use communist-tier arguments. When their policies lead to ruin for all but the rich, like during the reign of the Robber Barons, that wasn't because of libertarian policies. Everything is always the government's fault. ALWAYS. Libertarianism is a religion, not an economic system.

>>73848773
I should think not, considering all your leaders are literally jews.
>>
>>73844999
TAX SHELTER
A
X

S
H
E
L
T
E
R
>>
>>73848909
Okay, so in your hypothetical scenario, these people spent time and money studying the effects of smoking only to not actually tell anyone about it for no given reason? If you have to stretch shit this far to make your idea work, it's a shit idea.

>Also, it's in the quitting companies best interests for people not to quit smoking
How many times do I have to say this? If their shit doesn't work, people don't buy it. Why would a cigarette company work with an anti-smoking company knowing they are directly responsible for a reduction in their demographic?

And you have to look at things realistically. Smoking is never going to completely vanish. Cigarette companies and anti-smoking companies will always have business because you will always have people that analyse the risks and don't care, and analyse the risks and do.
>>
>>73848799
But that would never happen because humans always have long term interests in mind and would never try to cheat on a service they provide as it would damage their reputation long term
>>
>>73849069
>>cant make a profit
>have a bad season and dont have reserves to pay my employees, despite being extremely leftist and sharing all profit equally
Yeah, must have been evil capitalism again.

>>73849027
I dont think you understand Im a libertarian as well and you are arguing against me needlessly.

>>73849122
London has 12 million people and the Randstad (Dutch collective of cities) has 8 million people. Both are far more spread out than LA. And we still have working and even profitable rail and light rail systems.

Again... I think there are issues beyond infrastructure in your country.
>>
>>73844999
Why didn't you vote for Trump?
>>
>>73849546
>I dont think you understand Im a libertarian as well and you are arguing against me needlessly.
I'm not a libertarian.
>>
>>73848792

>...suburban and urban...
>>
>>73849218
>implying an organization isn't an association of people

Are you retarded?

>politically, maybe. Individually? Nah.

Individual strength doesn't matter if you can't stand up to what's actually out there, which happens to be collectives of people headed by states.

My life is for my country, which is stronger than you could ever be.
>>
>>73849392
If nobody can afford their toll, nobody could pay and thus the company would fail. If it is expensive but somewhat affordable, they will have to deal with smaller companies starting up offering lower tolls. It's the same reason why utility companies charge a high amount despite being oligopolies or sometimes monopolies, yet don't charge a massive amount.
>>
File: 146305432826912.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
146305432826912.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
stop shilling your unfunny tryhard comics here dumbfuck
>>
>>73849138
Krugman? Really? "Break a window" fallacy Krugman. Come on. Next you'll bring up ïnome inequality" Piketty.

>>73849321
Only in the USA. But in a libertarian society? You and me can engage in an arms race over our feud. You have a gun? I buy body armour. You buy a cannon. I buy a tank. You buy a jet. I invest in a space weapons race. So do you.

And then technology has been advanced.
Whatever happens to us, one of us kills the other, human knowledgde has been advanced. A thing the statist left will never achieve, with its anti-competition and "everyone is a winner" crap/
>>
>>73849422
>How is the time elapsed relevant?
Gee, it's weird how all those people that used leeches to cure diseases went out of business. It's not like scientific discovery and the subsequent general increase in common knowledge has anything to do with anything.
>>
>>73849768
This.

Water is provided by private utilities and it's cheap as fuck.
>>
>>73849768
*high amount should be higher amount
>>
>>73849812
>And then technology has been advanced.
Or. Or listen, I just shoot you. You don't buy shit, I blast you away and now I reap the rewards, which is nothing, because you had to act like a nigger and try to invade my land.
>>
File: 1421384539347.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1421384539347.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>Country becomes liberatarian
>Rich families begin acquiring farmland, factories, workshops, homes and resources
>Eventually one family is the owner of the majority of anything that has value
>Thankfully they need workers for their farms and factories
>They are kind enough to pay you letting you live on one of their rental homes
>They even allow you to buy from them some of the lower quality food not fit for exports
>As you're working your 18 hour workday as usual, the speakers anounce an important message
>From today onwads, anytime you're refering to the owner, you're to address him as "his majesty"
>yfw
>>
>>73845973
thanks, now i know how you're supposed to do them - if i ever go to one where it works
>>
>>73849804
That's fucking rich, coming from you.
>>
>>73848792
Actually, it's continuously getting worse. The infrastructure along with everything else is falling apart.

>>73849176
Oh boy, you sure got me while ignoring literally every other post I made. Now explain why the Japanese maintain a functional, racially homogeneous population, while the capitalism-obsessed West is imploding. There are far more important forces in this world than muh precious invisible hand.

>>73849240
There is literally no such thing as a government small enough to satisfy libertarians. They are anarchists by default.

>>73849900
This.
>>
>>73849812
>human knowledgde has been advanced
yea, human knowledge sure needs advancement when you 3rd world dutchcucks can't even spell "knowledge" correctly
>>
>>73849954
That would go agaisnt the libertarian code of honor in which you have to wait one turn before using any weapon
>>
>>73849417
>taken to court
>implying I accept your authority
>>
>>73849441
>I'm going to turn around and say I was just trolling and am not actually this retarded: the (attention seeking) post

multifags are cancer
>>
>>73849441
>how Americans are STILL using Nazi technology for all their space travel?
The space shuttle was not made by Werner von Braun, and the Soyuz is the only space going craft these days. And it was designed by capitalist, orthodox, Russians.

>>73849742
>organization
>an association
The two are diametrical opposites. One is voluntary, the other mandatory. Buy a fucking dictionary.

>>73849804
Oh good god not this fucking malaysian again.
>>
>>73843590
>"I don't know."

This is invariably how all debates with libertarians end. I wish you all had the self awareness to realzie what absolute tools you all are.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.