[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet ownership
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: 21321123.jpg (45 KB, 564x563) Image search: [Google]
21321123.jpg
45 KB, 564x563
Pet ownership is essentially slavery. You purchase your pet. You force it to live with you. You train it to obey, and if it doesn't, you punish it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.

>But he/she's happy, you can see it.
One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome. After all, they were taken forcefully from their mother (unless it's a stray).

>They wouldn't survive in the wild anyways
That argument only applies to the "pets" that are still in circulation, not to continuous pet-breeding.

Say what you want, but breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.
>>
>>73836862
Animals are for our exploitation. You used to be too until someone was brave enough to call you a human. Nigger.
>>
>>73837242
>Animals are for our exploitation.
Is that so?
>>
Non-humans have no value.
>>
>>73836862
>live outside
>fight for food, hunger plenty, no pats
>life expectancy 5 years
or
>live inside
>never out of food, toys, petted a lot
>life expectancy 12+ years
We're so cruel
>>
>>73836862
You will know what slavery is like in a few years when you're tending Mohammeds garden while he rapes your wife in the window.
>>
File: a7a[1].jpg (25 KB, 517x800) Image search: [Google]
a7a[1].jpg
25 KB, 517x800
>>73836862
>implying I care about slavery
>>
>>73837439
>live inside
>never out of food, toys, petted a lot
>life expectancy 12+ years
So let's say the government could create institutions that did exactly that. You have no freedom anymore. You eat when they say you eat. You shit when they say you shit. You get to live inside. You never run out of food. You get "toys". Your life expectancy drastically increase since the goverrment regulate everything you eat and do. No crime, etc.

Freedom is better than a life in chains. Doesn't matter what the prize is. Thought an american would understand that.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 367x500
>>73836862
Hâr, din jävla Svensson.
>>
File: HNI_0010_MPO.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0010_MPO.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
So what do you suggest we do with long domesticated species who cannot survive in the wild, like my ferret? Should we cull them into extinction?
>>
its more like adoption lad, in fact thats exactly what it is
>One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome.
yes surely they would be better off locked in cages for their entire lives until they die or live in the wild feeding on scraps and barely able to scrape by never knowing when they are gonna find food again
>>
>>73837677
Animals actually get their feel-good chemicals in their brains when they're with humans.
>>
>>73837418
>>73837652
"The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good."

You people disgust me.
>>
>>73837718
I suggest you read the OP again. It's covered.
>>
>>73837408
try telling a far it's immoral for him to own horses
in many cases animals have better access to food and shelter with humans than without
not to mention medicine
>>
>>73837883
*farmer
>>
>>73836862

1: most pets were bred specifically for living with humans.

it is now their natural state. just about every species of dog and cat is pretty much entirely domensticated

2: Dogs and cats are pack animals(yes, even cats). forming groups with a rigid hierarchy is totally 100% natural for them.

the only difference between this and nature, is that the alpha of the pack is a human.

Every behavior your dog and cat does relating to you is a pack behavior. they do the exact same thing among themselves.

It's not slavery, it's simply the natural life cycle of social animals. they are designed by nature to be lead and obey. it's in their DNA. it's the whole reason why we were able to domesticate them.

it's only a bad thing when you try to keep non-domesticated animals as pets, against their nature.

Tigers are not pets. they are solitary(solitary in this case meaning that, at best, they will live only with their own mate and offspring, they do not form packs).

however, you will find that the VAST ,majority of pets are either 1: pack animals who's nature already leads them to be commanded by another creature anyways,

or 2: something like a bug or a fish, which is basically mindless and has no opinion either way.
>>
>>73837792
>yes surely they would be better off locked in cages for their entire lives until they die or live in the wild feeding on scraps and barely able to scrape by never knowing when they are gonna find food again
See >>73837677

Also, I'm not saying we should throw out all domesticated pets in the wild. Just stop the breeding. When the pets are all used up, no more pets.
>>
>>73837883
>in many cases animals have better access to food and shelter with humans than without
>not to mention medicine
See >>73837677

Safety does not triumph freedom.
>>
>>73837677

>so let's say the government could create institutions that did exactly that

They already have them. They're called the Swedish prison system
>>
File: hahaha no.png (18 KB, 411x293) Image search: [Google]
hahaha no.png
18 KB, 411x293
>>73837677
>So let's say the government could create institutions that did exactly that
When dogs and cats present a declaration of rights to the senate I'll give your notions more credit than none at all.
>>
>>73836862
>flag
If you support PETA, you support a group of literal puppy stranglers.

Otherwise being opposed to owning animals is just plain faggy.
>>
>>73837943
>1: most pets were bred specifically for living with humans.
How does that justify the continuation of the practice? They are not needed for a healthy eco-system, so it's not a problem if they go extinct.

>Dogs and cats are pack animals(yes, even cats). forming groups with a rigid hierarchy is totally 100% natural for them.
So? You're forcefully taking them from their pack (i.e. mother and siblings), to live with you. They basically suffer from the Stockholm syndrome.

>Every behavior your dog and cat does relating to you is a pack behavior. they do the exact same thing among themselves.
See previous response.

>It's not slavery
It is. It's forced.
>>
>>73838016

animals have no concept of "freedom". you are trying to plaster human traits unto things that are not human.

Animals are not "free" in nature, they are bound by their instincts and environment. what they can or cannot do is strictly limited.

among humans, their freedom is limited by the human's rules and choices. in nature, their freedom is limited by things like enviorment, natural predators, competition among their own species, etc.

there is no such thing as freedom. you're not free either, you are just higher up on the food chain.
>>
>>73838066
>When dogs and cats present a declaration of rights to the senate I'll give your notions more credit than none at all.
Aha, I see. So do you suggest we make it legal to own humans as pets as well? If they suffer from severe retardation for example.
>>
Most of /pol/ would own a nigger if we could

Your argument won't fly here sweden
>>
subjecting another living thing to your dominance is a natural reaction.
only human made laws make this act not the norm
>>
Yeah they are a slave on fairly arbitrary lines.

Fundamentally I extend rights to other humans because of the "problem of other minds." I can't be sure that other humans have a conciousness, but I do know that our DNA is farm more similar in aggregate when compare to that of other species. I don't want other humans to hurt me so I decide that I will not hurt them in return.

I don't give animals that degree of liberty.
>>
>>73837677
>You eat when they say you eat. You shit when they say you shit.

I don't know, senpai. My dogs tell me when they want either of those things. Maybe I'm cucked by canines.
>>
>>73836862
Except for your pet has the same self-awareness as your toaster...Are you going to free your toaster...Pets are "Things" sure we love them and they are cute and all, but they are not self-aware and thus just mindless animals.
>>
File: couch_standoff.jpg (302 KB, 1495x737) Image search: [Google]
couch_standoff.jpg
302 KB, 1495x737
>>73836862
Fuck off mohammed
>>
>>73838394
>My dogs tell me when they want either of those things.
Yes, but it's your choice to comply. You don't have to. Your dog can't get the food himself, he has to ask.
>>
>>73837677
>Freedom is better than a life in chains.
sweden you are absolutely wrong

the alternative to their ownership is them living in the wild
and yet you say we shouldn't throw them out in the wild
their "life in chains" as you say is a paradise when you compare it to the life they would have in freedom

we are good to them, and they can do good things for humans as well
it is a symbiotic relationship, and ending pets would mean their extinction
>>
>>73836862
Domestic dogs and cats were bred with the express intention of them being dependent on humans. It's not slavery, it is symbiosis.
>>
>>73837439
To animals really like being petted? Like what's the human equivalent?
>>
File: Megamind VS Dobby.jpg (417 KB, 1270x840) Image search: [Google]
Megamind VS Dobby.jpg
417 KB, 1270x840
>>73838301
>So do you suggest we make it legal to own humans as pets as well? If they suffer from severe retardation for example
We do, we just call it 'custody'.
>>
When are you going to address the ongoing enslavement of plants? The plants you eat were specifically bred to be food, and in most cases they could not survive without human intervention.
>>
I'm sure my cat would rather be living in the alley scrounging up food than being pampered in my cushy apartment.
>>
Hey faggot, I don't care. Animals are property, by law and by God. No argument can surmount that no matter how many precious feelings you poor into it.
>>
>>73838470
>.Pets are "Things" sure we love them and they are cute and all, but they are not self-aware and thus just mindless animals.
How would you know? Just because they don't have the human kind of self-awareness it doesn't mean they're not self-aware. And how is that even relevant? They still have feelings.
>>
>>73837439
Other possibilities:
>be held in cage all day
>left outside for years with no interaction besides feeding
> never get walked, live in backyard for 10 years wondering what's out there and why you'll never see it
>get tortured and abused for no reason they can understand or just for fun

Most people b shouldn't have pets
>>
>>73838157

You do realize that is perfectly in line with the natural order, right?

yes, it is forced. we're higher up the food chain, so we get to decide what happens to them.

Does the mouse get to decide whether or not the cat eats it?

Does a deer get to decide if that pack of wolves is gonna chase it down and rip it's throat out?

Nature does not give a fuck about your feelings. there is a strict, rigid hierarchy to life. nothing is "free". some animals(like us) just have more options because we're higher up the chain, and thus have less things that can limit our freedom.

Basically, you're trying to argue against not humanity, but nature itself.

Nature is not a disney movie. if nature was a person, it wouldn't be Mother Theresa, it's be Ghengis Kahn.
>>
>>73836862
I consider it immoral to keep any pet that you have to cage/lock in/chain, in order to prevent it from going its own way.

I have a cat and he leaves the house whenever the fuck he wants, roams around the neighborhood and returns whenever he feels like it. I have a dog at my grandpa's house in the country and he too could go about wherever he wanted if he wasn't a lazy slob
>>
>>73838577
Humans who haven't been traumatized love touch i.e. hugging and kisses on the cheek.

Don't believe me that it's trauma that makes you socially anxious? Look at Dog's that have been abused, they hate being touched.
>>
>>73836862
the dog is my property and I will do whatever I wish with it I know this triggers you since dogs are filthy and haram but this is America damn it
>>
>>73838527
>Your dog can't get the food himself
Pretty sure my dogs can, they also let themselves out

>>73838577
>animals really like being petted?
Yes
http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/why-petting-fur-provides-pleasure-130129.htm
>>
>>73837881
Not really, if ownership and breeding of species who rely on us is forbidden they will disappear forever. You speak of freedom but it seems you'd rather they were just wiped out.
>>
>>73838617
>I'm sure my cat would rather be living in the alley scrounging up food than being pampered in my cushy apartment.
Open your door and see how long it takes for your cat to leave.
>>
>>73836862
Have you never played Pokemon? Animals exist to be beaten to death so they will then be your best friend. It's the way of nature.
>>
File: 1462889608375.jpg (81 KB, 600x670) Image search: [Google]
1462889608375.jpg
81 KB, 600x670
>>73836862
>animal lives hold the same value as human lives
o i am laffin
>>
>>73836862
>Having children is essentially slavery. You birth your child. You force it to live with you. You train it to be a good person, and if it doesn't, you punish it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.
>>
What's the problem if we give them food and a warm bed? That's better than living in the wild
>>
File: ugandan energy plan.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ugandan energy plan.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>73838577
>To animals really like being petted?
Have you ever pet a dog or cat? They seek it out from you once they realize that it feels good. The only thing I can imagine it feeling like is getting a scalp massage but all over, but it's also a bonding thing as they associate you with feeling good.
>>
File: 1432241056818.png (121 KB, 370x272) Image search: [Google]
1432241056818.png
121 KB, 370x272
>>73838759
>wanting to explore is the same as wanting to leave and never come back
is there something wrong with you?
>>
>>73838723
That's good, but your cat and dog were still forcefully removed from their family. You think that's just?
>>
>>73838470
Wait till AI becomes commonplace.
>Abolish appliance slavery now!
>>
File: american-psycho-batemansmug.jpg (62 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-batemansmug.jpg
62 KB, 600x327
>Swede posting about Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>73838723

Do your community a favour and don't let your cats roam, unless you're rural. Cats literally genocide local wildlife and can cause considerable property damage.
>>
>>73838892
Knew this argument was coming. What if your child was forcefully removed from you as an infant? Purchased by someone else? Would you be fine with that?
>>
>>73837677
imagine all the dogs that died for the last million years of totally avoidable starvation or disease that humans easily cure with modern society

also dogs are predators, "liberating" them would only result in them stealing our babies or becoming pests thus relegated to the life of a wolf, totally expendable and dependent on nature which is a miserable condition we've used out SUPERIOR (yes, I know swedes hate that word) intelligence to in fact truly liberate them from stuff like anon >>73838289 said
>>
>>73836862
>One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome. After all, they were taken forcefully from their mother (unless it's a stray).

One could argue that you're a cock-gobbling, bleeding heart faggot who cannot into logic or reason.
>>
File: cat contemplation.jpg (28 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
cat contemplation.jpg
28 KB, 500x302
>>73838759
>Open your door and see how long it takes for your cat to leave
If they don't get lost, unable to find their way home, they'll often return with parasites and communicable diseases picked up from other animals, namely feline-leukemia.
>>
>>73836862
Nothing wrong with slavery.
>>
>>73838892
>Having a garden is essentially slavery. You pot your plants. You force it to live with you. You water it to be a good plant, and if it doesn't, you remove it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or profit, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.
>>
>>73839095
kill it with fire
>>
>>73838661
>How would you know?

Because you ignorant nigger, we have actually tested animals for self-awareness. Elephants, dolphins, whales, higher apes and even some birds are self-aware and we can prove this. Dogs and pretty much every animal we eat regularly and just keep as pets are not self-aware. They have no concept of self, nor of tomorrow. They are mindless beasts that exist for no other reason than to be exploited as we see fit, and fuck you for being a bleeding heart moron You are probably a vegan too, but I doubt it, cuz you haven't told us you are yet...So just a regular faggot then?
>>
Man and dog have been best friends since the last ice age, the laws of nature have determined that we belong together. Who gives a fuck what some Swede thinks about this sacred institution.
>>
You people are disgusting. I would like for an alien race to come to Earth and do the things you've been doing for lesser creatures for millenia. You sure as shit wouldn't like it.
>>
>>73839148
True China knows whats up
>>
>>73839095
what the fuck is htat
>>
>>73836862
My cats are neutered and they can go wherever the fuck they want
they choose to lay on the deck
>>
>>73836862
I think you need...more...in your life.
>>
>>73838661
And no they do not have "feelings" they have instincts. Different things all together.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>73836862
Take care of it and it will always come back to you
Ahmed fucked you up pretty good my man
>>
>>73839282

So immigration?
>>
>>73839091
That scenario happens a lot, Its called adoption.
>>
>>73839282
if it does happen, such is the way of nature.
the weak and inferior are to be subjugated by the strong
>>
>>73837677
That would be the ideal NEET lifestyle and you don't even have to cook and clean up.
>>
>>73838892
>>73839200
>Having a car is essentially slavery. You park your car. You force it to drive you. You service it to be a good vehicle, and if it doesn't, you sell it. You use it for entertainment, transportation and/or profit, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.
>>
>>73836862
The last time I checked, I didn't cry about my nigger slave when I whipped him to death. To the gas chamber with you.
>>
>>73838932
your argument is kinda ok, but desu animals sever ties with their offspring in a matter of months so it's not really that big of an issue. also the dog literally wandered into my grandparents yard one day and stuck around since then
>>
>>73836862
It's better than being a mutt in Korea!
>>
If I can eat animal, why can't I fuck an animal?
>>
>>73839305
>Animals don't have feelings
Guess your dog's never happy then.
>>
>my cat or dog that sleeps, eats and shits all day is a slave

ok m8
>>
>>73839371
>That scenario happens a lot, Its called adoption.
I said forcefully. Do you agree with what's happening in Norway? The government forcefulyl taking away children from their parents, for no apparent reason at all?
>>
File: 1411543590551.jpg (53 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1411543590551.jpg
53 KB, 550x366
>when you live in the most cucked nation on Earth and you need to shitpost on 4chan to distract yourself from your woman being fucked in the other room by a refuguee
>>
>>73837677
That's modern society
>>
>>73839282
sounds pretty rad
i get to be an aliens friend and he supports me completely out of his own pocket, ayy lmao

i aint doing any anal probes though, thats where i draw the line
>>
File: giant bird skull.jpg (58 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
giant bird skull.jpg
58 KB, 600x400
>>73839282
Our ancestors used to fall prey to giant fucking bipedal birds, humans fought our way up and I for one am happy to be at the top because of it.

>>73839415
Because that's gross, stop it.
>>
>>73839417
Not as you or I would be no, Content would as close as I would say, but only content because there is no immediate danger and his pack is safe. I know how to dog fool. You cannot consistently use the same techniques on a thinking self-aware creature and expect them to continue to work, but with dogs they do, the same triggers, the same tests, the same techniques over and over again work every time...you can't just do that with any elephant, for example, each one is unique and will respond to different stimuli different ways..dogs and other non-thinking animals are predictable
>>
>>73839394
>>73839200
>>73838892
>Having a pencil is essentially slavery. You buy your pencil. You force it to mark paper for you. You sharpen it to be a good pencil, and if it doesn't, you bin it. You use it for writing, chewing and/or scratching, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.
>>
>>73837677
>American
>understanding ethics

You are drastically overestimating this country's citizens.
>>
>>73839415
Then animals would require more rites,safe sex etc
>>
>>73836862
>people willingly bring a mouth to feed into their house
>no guarantee it won't vomit or shit inside your dwelling
>anyone with allergies is barred from visiting you for extended amounts of time depending on the severity
>all for a simulated feeling of companionship that is in reality just a parasite/host relationship

My wife got a dog without my permission and i made sure it was gone that same evening. She's so fucking lucky our daughter is young enough to forget about it entirely within a month.
I was mad enough she did something that major behind my back, it being a finincial burden was the icing on the cake.

I don't have to get mad at her often, but women tend to forget where they stand and pull shit like this and you need to lay into them to reinforce the lesson of 'i pay the bills, i get at LEAST 50% stake in any decision"
>>
>it's an abject retard equates human and animal faculties episode
>>
File: 105141.jpg (295 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
105141.jpg
295 KB, 1024x768
>>73836862
Say that to my rabbit that shits all day and eats for free. While absolutely nothing is expected of it.
>>
File: 1434222303146.jpg (26 KB, 380x354) Image search: [Google]
1434222303146.jpg
26 KB, 380x354
My dogs seemed pretty damn happy for the decade plus that I kept them sheltered with good food and water, plus a nice backyard and all the love they could get even when they got old.

I miss them so much.
>>
File: dog bag.gif (1 MB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
dog bag.gif
1 MB, 250x204
I treat my dog better than most people I know.

Hell I give him more respect than most people I know because I can always rely on him.
>>
File: tmp_15366-0320161654b1552215181.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15366-0320161654b1552215181.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3120
>>73837825
Animals =/= People

Nice bait.
I'm gonna go take the dog out, be like to tree coons in the evening.

Thing is, a dog is a terribly simple animal. And quite useful. Easy to train for work and pleasure, and they appreciate clear instruction, firm leadership, and a task well done.

Spend time developing a relationship with a well bred working or sporting dog, o.p. and learn the true meaning of man's best friend.
>>
>>73839698
ethics and morals are a human construct, they dont actually exist outside of human consciousness
so therefore they arent real
>>
File: 1443453679420.jpg (49 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
1443453679420.jpg
49 KB, 600x901
>>73839747
You forgot the part where your not married, have no kids, and live in dads basement
>>
File: 1410160362616.png (76 KB, 720x326) Image search: [Google]
1410160362616.png
76 KB, 720x326
>>73836862
...are you talking about my cat you literal cuck?
>>
>>73836862
Puppy mills and inbreeding are horrible practices, but I highly doubt that dogs in particular would live entirely separated from humans if given the chance. In some areas with large populations of feral dogs, the dogs have remained affectionate or at least generally mindful of people and have become very accustomed to living in urban areas. Dogs in Moscow and other areas can be seen regularly riding the subway and barking at people for food.
>>
>>73839747
Me thinks that dog got lucky, fruit cake.
>>
>>73839901
>Animals =/= People
The quote is applicable to animals as well.

>man's best friend.
It's a slave.
>>
>>73840031
You're*
>>
File: 1460598440237.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
1460598440237.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
read the first sentence, fuck off Sweden.
Dogs are Haram last I checked.
>>
>>73839795
>>73839828
>>73839842
>I make sure it's well feed, has safety, so on and so forth.
I'll say it again. The same argument is applicable to humans and the government. They could create instutions where they lock you up against your will, and as long as these criteria are met, you wouldn't have a problem with it right? Fuck freedom.
>>
>>73837974
If we let them loose, they'd mate whenever they wanted in the streets (dogs do that a lot, and cats are even worse) and keep reproducing.
>>
File: miniature-schnauzer-04.jpg (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
miniature-schnauzer-04.jpg
164 KB, 1024x768
Should I get a miniature schnauzer?
They seem like top tier dogs and are good for people with allergies.
>>
>>73840085
Lucky i didn't brain it on the sidewalk to make a point, i hope you mean.
>>
File: 47t2114508.jpg (47 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
47t2114508.jpg
47 KB, 630x473
>>73840091
>>
File: 1462138456561.gif (2 MB, 550x374) Image search: [Google]
1462138456561.gif
2 MB, 550x374
>>73836862
I wonder why you make such posts sweden probably cause you're just that enriched.
>>
>>73840214
I had one. Literally 10/10 dog
>>
File: dog on acid.gif (23 KB, 650x335) Image search: [Google]
dog on acid.gif
23 KB, 650x335
>>73840169
>The same argument is applicable to humans
You keep saying that, why do you think this thing?
>>
pet ownership is degenerate but not for any of OP's retarded PETA tier arguments.

it's because it's a surrogate for raising children, and promoted as part of the depopulation agenda
>>
>>73840204
>If we let them loose, they'd mate whenever they wanted in the streets (dogs do that a lot, and cats are even worse) and keep reproducing.
Already went over this argument. I'm not arguing against "using up" the pets that are currently in circulation. I am saying we ought to stop the practice of breeding animals for our amusement (i.e. pets).
>>
>>73840169
>implying as a swede you aren't already obligated to have a BDSM fetish and a bull in your house by your government
>>
>>73836862
oh shit those poor dogs, brah. Without humans this is the life of a wild animal:

"Captain's log 24 June 2016-----

It's raining again today. If im lucky maybe I can find a dry patch of leaves somewhere that hasn't been soaked through yet. Still no food, that last squirrel got away. So damn fast. Had a pack of mountain lions on the perimeter again last night, luckily they didn't detect me then devour me alive. It is unlikely that i'll be able to catch any food this week, so i've been walking through the long grass hoping to pick up some ticks so that I can eat them instead to stave off the hunger."

>Daily struggle for survival
OR
>Have your needs provided for by a benevolent companion

Fucking idiot. Dogs that live with humans have it so well and they fucking know it.
>>
>>73840228
Iam just pleased lassie got away!
>>
>>73840349

ive been waiting to see what your response would be to the fact that ending pet ownership would lead directly to their extinction

thats the moral and ethical solution to you?
>>
>>73840311
>You keep saying that, why do you think this thing?
So let me get this straight. If a creature is superior, you should be free to do whatever you want to it? Guess someone with superior genetics and intelligence than you should be allowed to do whatever the fuck he wanted, and it wouldn't be immoral for him to do so.
>>
File: 1433182035784.jpg (6 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
1433182035784.jpg
6 KB, 236x177
>>73836862
Yeah i have two parrots, i always feel bad they arent free to interact,associate, play and mate with their own kind, i hand fed and raised the quaker the other was hand fed by the breeder, i think they are quite happy but at the same time i know if they knew what life is like in the jungle they would get super depressed and probably self mutilate, its sad in a way. But i will take care of and love them both for as long as i live.
>>
Holy shit, what kind of fucked up childhood did you have. I bet you eat people and bury them under your frint porch. I
>>
>>73836862
>check flag

ofc
>>
File: 20160502_072813-1.jpg (886 KB, 2611x1915) Image search: [Google]
20160502_072813-1.jpg
886 KB, 2611x1915
>>73838759

>tfw I let my cats outside almost everyday for over 18 years so far, living in multiple states, and they come back every day to cuddle and sleep

Yeah that's slavery alright
>>
>>73840384
>>Daily struggle for survival
>OR
>>Have your needs provided for by a benevolent companion
Been through this plenty of times in the thread. Read.
>>
>>73836862
Agreed
It's retarded to own a dog unless you're a farmer, hunter, solider,policeman or blind fucker
>>
>>73840448
now you're getting it!
>>
>>73840540
and you were wrong every time
>>
>>
>>73840432
>thats the moral and ethical solution to you?
Then it'll lead to their extinction. They are not necessary for a healthy eco-system. They won't feel anything once they are dead. Extinction doesn't matter.
>>
File: THERE IT IS.png (453 KB, 737x515) Image search: [Google]
THERE IT IS.png
453 KB, 737x515
>>73840448
You keep making the jump from animal to human in your arguments, as if you think the two were interchangeable. Now you're calling pet owners nazis? Sven is this your life? Is it even life?
>>
>>73839296
That's a weevil, and the stuff on the girl's hands is its saliva, not blood.
>>
>>73840552
I see. So if I have better genetics than you, I should be allowed to purchase you, and use you for anything? To be my slave? It's fucked up and the fact that you can't see is highly disturbing.
>>
>>73836862
Animals exist solely for our fun and use, they're organic toys and tools.
>>
>>73840782
Well. I'm terrified of weevils now.
>>
>>73838577
Yes. Most domestic animals (particularly dogs, cats, pigs, and other sociable animals) like being pet. The human equivalent would be something like friends cuddling or embracing.
>>
>>73840807
There is no if. you being so goddamn whiny and narcissistic in this thread is proof enough i'm superior to you genetically.
>>
File: FuckYouMuzzies.jpg (4 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
FuckYouMuzzies.jpg
4 KB, 266x190
>>73836862
Faggot, my dog was my friend and it was a mutual relationship, but I wouldn't expect any less from a dirty Muslim.
>>
File: bailey cabin.jpg (66 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bailey cabin.jpg
66 KB, 960x540
>>73840807
I'm pretty sure we already have anti-cruelty laws here Sven.
Also my dog had such a poor life as my slave, getting fed the best dog food money could buy and getting to do whatever he wanted around my house and yard. Truly he lived a hard life.
>>
>>73840928
>you being so goddamn whiny and narcissistic in this thread is proof enough i'm superior to you genetically.
No it's proof that you're a fucking psychopath. You don't care for the happiness of those around you.
>>
>>73839305
That's not necessarily true. Most complex animals (especially mammals) have emotions.
>>
>>73841084
Your dog looks fucking depressed.
>>
File: Picture-60.png (143 KB, 316x269) Image search: [Google]
Picture-60.png
143 KB, 316x269
>>73836862
>Say what you want, but breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.
It's a symbiotic relationship. They get food, we get companionship and pickup their shit.
>>
File: queen 2.jpg (261 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
queen 2.jpg
261 KB, 747x1328
My dog queen lived 14 years. Loved her like a daughter. Buried her in her favorite blanket with her food dish full, water full, treats, like a true pet lover would. You wouldn't understand this though. I guess your mom didn't love you, or whatever , but it's about love and affection, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>73841161
Prove it.
>>
>>73840718
and what do we gain from this, letting multiple species of animals go into extinction?
>>
>>73836862
>I am a human bean
>I have a soul
Nah
>>
File: image_38.jpg (1 MB, 653x900) Image search: [Google]
image_38.jpg
1 MB, 653x900
>>73838706
>>73836862
> if nature was a person, it wouldn't be Mother Theresa, it's be Ghengis Kahn.
This right here. The bottom line is humans are part of nature as well and we are simply "king of the jungle", so to speak. Nature has never been fair and never will be. There is always a dominant species in every ecosystem and there is always an alpha in every pack. We just had happened to win the cosmic lottery my friend.
>>
>>73836862
PETA plz go and stay go.
>>
>>73840875
well it's not a weevil and I can't remember the name of it is, but I'm pretty sure whatever the fuck it is you only find it in new zealand.
>>
>>73837943
>the only difference between this and nature, is that the alpha of the pack is a human.
If you pickup their shit, I'm not sure which is the alpha.
>>
File: Vicky marries an animal.jpg (128 KB, 977x518) Image search: [Google]
Vicky marries an animal.jpg
128 KB, 977x518
>>73841155
Your only argument appears based on the assumption that animals are equal to humans, and that how one treats animals equates to how we treat other humans.
I'd ask you why you think humans and animals are equal beings, but you'd just post something about slavery and "how would YOU like it huh?"
>>
>>73841304
>and what do we gain from this, letting multiple species of animals go into extinction?
It's what they get. They no longer have to be slaves, and suffer.
>>
>>73841260
14 years of devotion,love never dies.
>>
>>73839296
Tree Weta from none other than New Zealand
>>
File: baileysleeping.jpg (90 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
baileysleeping.jpg
90 KB, 720x720
>>73841222
He was 13 when that pic was taken and still maintained a loving personality throughout his entire life.
Something tells me you've never actually owned a dog, I wouldn't doubt it given that they're probably banned in your islamic republic.
>>
>>73837717
/thread
>>
Child ownership is essentially slavery. You breed your child. You force it to live with you. You train it to obey, and if it doesn't, you punish it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.

>But he/she's happy, you can see it.
One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome. After all, they were taken forcefully from their non existence.

>They wouldn't survive in the wild anyways
That argument only applies to the "children" that are still in circulation, not to continuous child-breeding.

Say what you want, but breeding children for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.
>>
>>73836862
Is this b8? I don't know why you're posting this here. /pol/ is full of the dregs of society who only care about themselves or people like them. You're wasting your time trying to appeal to the compassionate side of bitter sociopaths.
>>
Completely agree. I do have pets but I rescued them from shelters. It would be a better world if we stopped the breeding and left animals alone. If you are going to get a pet please adopt. Animal abuse is for niggers.
>>
>>73841459
>They no longer have to be slaves
Well there are many who are slaves to their government and don't complain one bit.
>>
>>73841428
>Your only argument appears based on the assumption that animals are equal to humans
No, that's not it. I'm saying that all life is precious, and all living creatures deserve freedom. They do not deserve to suffer, to be forcefully taken away from their parents to serve as a slave for some fucking human just because that human can't find a girlfriend or a friend.
>>
File: laughing crocs.jpg (197 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
laughing crocs.jpg
197 KB, 840x560
>>73841606
This is a far better argument than anything the Swede has posted here today.
>>
>>73836862

true. only rescued animals can be pets.
>>
>>73841265
https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-psychology/exercise-discipline-affection/do-dogs-have-emotions
>>
>>73836862
Nice try Mohammad. Pol isn't a sharia zone yet, dogs are still allowed.
>>
>>73841591
It's been /thread a long time ago. Now it's just beating a dead horse.
>>
>>73841155
Cool how your idiocy is proof I'm crazy. That means the other idiots in this thread prove the same about you. Thus, opiniom (re)discarded. Psycho.
>>
>>73841606
Is your pet free to leave when it reaches adulthood? No. So it's not the same thing. Fuck off.
>>
>>73841779
Perhaps only animals who can kill you can be pets. This way, it's fair.
>>
>>73840504
Exactly, during his youth my cat used to go out almost every day and come back every night (sometimes even already fed from hunting or other people feeding him) and I didn't even live in a house, it was an apartment building with 10+ floors, he would wait for me or a family member and follow us back home, the fucker could even recognize his floor. If that's Stockholm syndrome then you could say my cat's smarter than you are.
>>
>>73841808
>There's no doubt in my mind that dogs have emotions.

Yeah thats not proof, that's feelings...You have a vagina?
>>
>>73836862
Wow, you're right. Let's just gas all the dogs and just be done with it. Why, if they could survive in the wild, let's just let them all run lose, wild, and unchecked.
>>
>>73836862
They're animals. They're non-sentient. We're the dominant species. We will do as we please with the creatures of the Earth.
>>
>>73836862
Dogs and Cats + Mankind = dream team

I live on an acreage 25km out of town in the boonies and all of my "slaves" get to roam free across hundreds of square km if they felt like it and I'm sure the cats do, but my 2 dogs rarely venture outside of eyeshot of the house and are capable of finding food in the wild themselves as they eat mice and weasels all the time. We all benefit from companionship and a shared home.

I'll agree that shit pet owners are degenerate and I've no taste for inbred "purebred" dog breeding. But you can suck shit if you think my "pets" are enslaved against their will or under some kind of unfair system of oppression.
>>
>>73841709
>>73841779
>>73838723
Only three sensible people in this entire thread.
>>
>>73836862
But my cats love me I saved them from euthanasia and they know it
>>
>>73841973
Nice meme. Cesar Milan is a dog specialist. He fucking trains them for a living.
>>
File: sun and earth.jpg (86 KB, 960x713) Image search: [Google]
sun and earth.jpg
86 KB, 960x713
>>73841773
>all living creatures deserve freedom
We're trapped on the skin of a single world in a thin membrane of atmosphere, we're all in a cage. At least cats/dogs have kind humans who will dutifully fulfill their needs in exchange for companionship.
>>
>>73842081
>Cats + Mankind = dream team
ftfy
>>
>>73836862
no it is a adoption
>>
>>73841917
You miss the point, domesticated animals have bred dependence on humans, just like children. Pets serve more purposes than recreational, cats and terriers are great for controlling vermin. Large dogs make excellent guards

Our relationship with animals has been symbiotic for near 20,000 years. You are literally Paleolithic.
>>
File: 1462068835066.png (160 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1462068835066.png
160 KB, 512x512
Op?? Have you ever loved someone to the point that if someone hurt them, you would fucking kill them ??

Thats how most animal lovers feel about their pet's. Just think about it. I understand your srgumemt, but i have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>73842057
>We're the dominant species. We will do as we please with the creatures of the Earth.
Why stop at dominant species? Let's say dominant people. I should be allowed to do whatever the fuck I wanted to since you're inferior to me. Of course you would agree with this. After all, superior creatures should be allowed this.
>>
My dog is my employee. In exchange for free room and board and food and walks and playtime, she alerts me to danger and will potentially fuck up an intruder.
>>
>>73836862
>You purchase your pet.
I saved a stray cat from the streets. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>73840214
I had one, amazing dogs just make sure to train it not to bark
>>
>>73842201
>Why stop at dominant species?
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
>>
>>73842201
You would have to prove your superiority and my inferiority. You haven't done either one of those yet. If you did, then yes, you could do whatever it is you saw fit to me, and I wouldn't have any say in it. So fuck off.
>>
>>73842317
Not all people are christian.
>>
File: pig-full-body.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg (36 KB, 945x531) Image search: [Google]
pig-full-body.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg
36 KB, 945x531
What about little bacon over here? His he someone...
>>
>>73842130
Ok, and he uses the exact same techniques over and over and over again not having to once take emotions into account, because if they had ACTUAL emotions and not driven by instinct which we may mistake for emotions, the techniques would have to change as the dogs themselves would not be so predictable, because as we all know, emotions are unpredictable. And Ceasar Milan is just a faggot with a TV show, I've been training dogs for over two decades using similar techniques that he uses. Dogs are wonderful animals and I love them very much but do not for one second think I hold ANY animal with the regard that I would hold a Human.
>>
File: New Zealand Dream.jpg (75 KB, 851x660) Image search: [Google]
New Zealand Dream.jpg
75 KB, 851x660
>>73836862
We treat our wives with respect here in NZ.
>>
>>73841459
did the concept of a mutually beneficial relationship go over your head for the entire thread?
then again you are swedish, maybe you have forgotten the meaning of what a relationship really is with all the cucking going on there

with your proposal, we lose multiple forms of life will be permanently extinguished, which i also don't think you understand, perhaps because of your own culture being permanently changed as we speak

as well as lose the symbiotic advantages that pets bring, so we would be worse of without having any pets

we are all cursed to life here, and even you swedecucks going extinct would have a negative impact on the world, even if it means that you would not have to suffer being swedish anymore
>>
File: i smell a bernout.jpg (98 KB, 472x600) Image search: [Google]
i smell a bernout.jpg
98 KB, 472x600
Op is autistic faggot. Never bonded with anyone or anything. Probobly a crossdressing tranny prostitute.
>>
>>73842201
>Let's say dominant people
The most disturbing thing is how quick you are to go there with it, like you really don't understand what the difference is and can't fathom why people think you're so fucking stupid.
>>
>>73842432
Not Christians only, Jews and Muslims believe the same.
>>
>>73842507
Stockholm syndrome is not bonding.
>>
>>73841709
Is it too late to undomesticated them though? Have you every been to a 3rd world country? There are stray mangy starving cats and dogs everywhere rummaging through garbage. It's really sad.
>>
>>73842136
What if aliens came along and wanted to take us as pets? Im not one of these "all animals are pwecious" faggots Just curious, figured it would be a better conversation than this shit.
>>
>>73837825

"The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who isn't actively trying to destroy him or what he cares for."

Fixed for you ,my friend. As much as you value human life and like to get on your moral high horse, they are people in your country that are trying to actively destroy it culturally, along with that belief of yours.

If you're disgusted by people on the internet, you should get a look at reality first, then either vomit yourself out of existence, or realize that the world isn't as kind as you think you are, and neither are you.

Plus, you're quick to throw a stone for someone who just quoted "The true measure of an individual", faggot.
>>
Also, why the hell is this faggot equivalating human life with animal life? We're sentient. Animals aren't. Their lives, regardless as to whether you believe in religious doctrines or Darwinian theories, are worth significantly less than ours, and it would be foolish not to exploit their lives to our benefit.
>>
File: 1460065888992.png (26 KB, 238x231) Image search: [Google]
1460065888992.png
26 KB, 238x231
>>73836862
Of course it's the swede who is all "save duh animals!"

Yeah we get you love animals that's why you have that migrant crisis.
>>
>>73836862

The domesticated dog has THRIVED as a species, those first wolves who didn't fear humans as much and were not as aggressive and came closer to the camp fires and were willing to work with humans struck a real bargain. Yes, they gave up their freedom to go wherever they wanted and choose their mates as they wanted, but they've prospered and been taken care of.

The work they do is bred into their genes. Try having a border collie for a household pet, he will start herding your children around the house and may even nip heels, the desire to herd is that strong, and they get fucking BORED when they're not working you have to come up with other activities (such as agility training) to keep them mentally occupied. Sporting dogs similarly they LIVE for hunting birds.

I had an English Setter who'd just mope around the house all day disinterested in almost everything but when it was time to go pheasant hunting he was an entirely different dog. It was his favorite thing to do, to go out innawoods and go hunting.

and I don't consider it an "ownership" thing, they're a member of your family.
>>
>>73842689
>What if aliens came along and wanted to take us as pets?
Perhaps we are their pets. We might just not realize it.
>>
File: 1457766709356.jpg (12 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
1457766709356.jpg
12 KB, 239x211
>>73842689
I would fucking love that.

I'm so lonely.
>>
>>73842885
>We're sentient. Animals aren't.
How would you know? Consciousness can't be observed. Scientists don't even know what the fuck it is. Where it comes from.
>>
>>73842689
It would depend on the nature of the relationship they wanted from us, and the way they went about attaining it. If they presented it as a proposal to go tour the universe with them having all your needs met just because they wanted the company of another species, I can see a surprising number of people jumping at the chance, though there would never be species-wide consensus naturally.
>>
>>73842966
Touche' Ima start shitting everywhere. See what happens!
>>
File: 20160322_102557.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160322_102557.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Kill yourself.
>>
>>73842689
Dogs in space,maybe aliens would find them to needy.
>>
Just wait. This will be the new moral crusade for leftists.
>>
Portugal is on the verge of giving a special legal status to animals, something between "thing" and "person". Don't know if other countries have done it.
>>
>>73843041
Yeah that one, like what we have with dogs cats etc, but of course there would be the ever-present spectre of what some of us do to dogs and cats and the like. It would stand to reason that some aliens might be sick fucks too.
>>
File: 1431013924199.gif (655 KB, 460x426) Image search: [Google]
1431013924199.gif
655 KB, 460x426
>>73843010
Maybe you'd find the alien equivalent of a girl that fucks dogs.
>>
>>73836862
>One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome
Fiar enough. Then I'll just make my dog addicted to Heroine and become his only provider.

That way he'll love me for sure.
>>
>>73842689

If there are aliens, we are the local fauna to them. Advanced, probably terrifying, fauna but just another interesting animal on a rare-ish oxygen-nitrogen world.

> They still shit there little alien pants when the Sovs set off Tsar Bomba.
>>
>>73836862

>Scandinavian retard

Thank you for proving my long-held theory. You give a mouse a cookie, and he'll ask for a glass of milk.

You do things in the name of liberal thought and humanity, that seem logical, and eventually, people start running out of things to bitch about.

Then they start saying crazy shit. Just absolutely fucking bonkers shit.

It happens every time.

Pets are slaves. Bees are slaves. What the fuck. It's a fucking dog. Humans domesticated it. My morals are my own and it's not immoral to have a fucking dog or cat you goddamn up your own ass Euro retard.

It's this goddamn insane level of cancerous "kindness" that's killing your country, your continent, and the West as a whole.

I don't usually post this, and I'd take no action against you, but I truly hope that you die.
>>
File: 1437176151588.gif (494 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1437176151588.gif
494 KB, 500x281
>>73842689
>mfw imagining Ayys abducting MMA fighters and keeping them in little bowls like Siamese fighting fish.
>>
>>73837677

It's not like slavery though, they become incorporated into your family. You're their "pack". The reason dogs and humans get along so well together is that we have similar family structures. They understand how our families work, and so they fall into being a part of the family easily. They do also love you, oxytocin level analysis of pets around their humans has shown that.

It's a mutually symbiotic relationship. We wouldn't be where we are today as a species without the companionship of dogs.
>>
>>73843133
Nice cropped ears on your pitbull. You're exactly what this thread is about. Absolutely disgusting how you treat "your" animals.
>>
>>73843182

Already in place in France.

You can destroy your furniture as much as you like. No one will bat an eye at furniture abuse. But raise your hand one time too many on a pet while someone else notices, and you're in for a world of hurt even bigger than being a fucking Holocaust Denier in a courtroom.
>>
>>73843062
You've been potty trained. Poos in the loos are the wild ones.
>>
>>73843023
SEE >>73839257
>>
File: mimic octapus.gif (769 KB, 462x240) Image search: [Google]
mimic octapus.gif
769 KB, 462x240
>>73843023
Many do have some form of consciousness, but there are definite degrees of it and it's not just a "are you aware you are a cat" yes/no line. If you want to use whales, octopuses, gorillas and other animals that have shown surprising awareness, well then you've got something to go on there.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (77 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
77 KB, 601x601
>>73843202
I can dream.
>>
>>73843023
Conciousness is love,the opposite of love is fear.
>>
>>73843365
What? you never had a cat that was sick? They shit RIGHT OUTSIDE THE FUCKING LITTER BOX...I fucking hate cats...But yeah it would be a great way to let them know I am in distress.
>>
>>73837974

so you're advocating genocide, extinction.

That's a worse fate.
>>
>>73836862
>One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome.

This is actually something I can agree with. It seems to have a lot of merit. As long as they are under your powers, their life, and so their quality of life, is all in your hands. You could cut their legs off and use them as a pillow and they are utterly powerless.

It really is in their best interest to keep you as happy as possible. Or suffer, quite often, very severe consequences.

Thankfully most humans, even if it's not out of empathy, take decent care of their pets.

The ones that don't, more specifically the ones who purposely torture, need to be drawn and quarter'd.
>>
>>73843023
Holy fuck you're dense. Animals are not consciously aware of their own existence. The vast majority of them can't even recognize themselves in a damn mirror. They have no cognitive abilities beyond their genetically endowed instincts. We, on the other hand, if you want to get scientific about it, have multiple duplications of the SRGAP2 gene that allows us to have more advanced brain functionality. No other animal on the planet has this, and, thus, that is why animals, with virtually no exceptions, are incapable of cognitive thought or reason. They simply react to external stimuli and their brain's respond to the external stimuli through genes that have been artificially (human interference) or naturally formed throughout history. You. Fucking. Swede. Cuck. Faggot.
>>
>>73836862

My pets love me. Faggot autist who can't even bond with an animal, I LOL at your meager existence.
>>
>>73836862
Pet ownership is healthy for humans and lowers the risk of mental and heart diseases. That is all you need to know.
>>
>>73836862

One could argue whatever they want, doesn't mean they (or you) are right. Stop trying to present your opinion as fact.
>>
>>73839415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKWLC87Uzw

here you go, leaf.
>>
>>73836862
>computer ownership is essentially slavery blah blah blah

Ya fuck off. Animals have no conscious. I would shoot a dog before I shot my computer.
>>
File: hug.gif (998 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
hug.gif
998 KB, 219x300
>>73843698
>lowers the risk of mental and heart diseases
I have read that a few minutes of petting a happy animal reduces your blood pressure. Even if it isn't true, I like to think it is.
>>
>>73843698

it's also healthier for the dog too. Now mind you, we need to treat our dogs well, like family, I can't abide people who beat animals.

But if you treat your dog well, they're really happy, and they enjoy nothing more than spending quality time with you. In fact the worst times in their lives, are the times when you're not with them
>>
>>73843390
>male ayy sees female ayy walking her human male and chuckles to himself after making certain pervy assumptions.
>>
>>73836862
I don't understand, are you trying to say slavery is wrong?

Isn't the enslavement of an inferior a mutually beneficial arrangement?
>>
Well, if the animals hate their arrangement so much, they should grow some opposable thumbs, develop a conscious, and spark the fur revolution.

This is why they are considered "things" - to put them at our level is an insult to humans who are far above any other organism on the planet.
>>
>>73844069

... depends on the kind of servitude and treatment.

enslavement of the niggers well, it depends, were they house niggers or field niggers.

Field niggers were treated like shit, house niggers didn't have it so bad.

There was nothing mutually beneficial for field niggers. being beaten and doing hard physical labor and being malnourished and crowded into a shack with no furniture is no comparison to how a family pet is treated. People don't whip their dogs.
>>
>>73836862
>human beings have the same needs and capacities as animals
Please, by all means, show me ONE study that shows dogs, cats or any other common pet has consciousnesses or a language as complex as the human.
Protip: you can't.
>>
>Dog with no home comes up to me, wants attention
>I pet it and scratch its ears
>it loves this
>I give it food
>it gets in my car with me
>I drive it home
>it loves my backyard
>loves the central cooling
>loves the food I give it
>loves sleeping on my couch
>whines when I leave
>jumps up and down and pees itself out of excitement when I come home
>follows me around for the next few hours to make sure I don't leave again
>somehow I am exploiting this creature
>>
>>73838577

Have you ever had someone scratch your back? It feels really nice.
>>
>>73844348
>Being beaten
>Being malnourished
>Crowded into a shack

This stuff wasn't common practice. For the most part the slaves were well treated.

Although a massive proportion of the slave owners were Jewish (around 30%), so I can imagine how the fate of those slaves in particular might be a lot less fortunate.

But in "slavery" as you describe it with the likes of a creature as inferior as a dog is certainly mutually beneficial so long as the Master is kind and fair
>>
>>73844218

I wouldn't go that far. Dogs are definitely not "things", it's more a spectrum between a thing and a person, and dog's are more than halfway towards being a person.

Dolphins, Orcas, Elephants and Great Apes you could qualify as "non human persons"
>>
>>73836862
you're right, all animals should be gassed rather than being taken care of.
gas the animals, animal liberation now!
>>
>>73843585
It's actually proven that Dolphins are capable of cognitive thought.

There was a mirror test done in the wild, and a couple apes managed to recognize themselves in the reflection. And can even learn sign language proficiently.

The smartest birds aren't even capable of mimicking human speech but there was a African grey Parrot that had extremely advanced communication abilities, and knew words with a very advanced understand of exactly what it was saying, and possibly was the very first animal to ever ask an existential question. "What color?" when it was shown it's mirror image.
>>
File: 1457842796122.jpg (160 KB, 1026x853) Image search: [Google]
1457842796122.jpg
160 KB, 1026x853
>>73836862
Back when it was legal, my family owned people, too.

Jokes and edge aside, worry about your migrant problem before you worry about the cat and two dogs who love me more than any other human has.

Rather than slavery, its more like adoption if you aren't a sadist. You don't share blood, but you love them, feed them, house them, protect them, and get in trouble with the law if they fuck up too bad in public, just like a minor.

You give kids orders, too, and punish the children if they aren't followed, if you want to raise one that isn't an entitled asshole with no concept of consequences for his actions.

Like your people's government, and my people's women.
>>
>>73838577

human equivalent would be hugs, claps on the shoulder, other affectionate forms of touching.

The act of petting a dog releases oxytocin in both the dog and the human involved, it's a bonding experience and produces feelings of love and family between both parties.
>>
sven we all know the only reason you're against pets is your owner ahmed is afraid of dogs
>>
File: 1436870832001.jpg (70 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436870832001.jpg
70 KB, 1000x1000
PLEASE BE BAIT. I hope that this is bait from the bottom of my heart. If you actually believe this than there is no saving you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.