[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pepper spray for self-defence instead of guns Why isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: pepper spray.jpg (9 KB, 252x360) Image search: [Google]
pepper spray.jpg
9 KB, 252x360
Pepper spray for self-defence instead of guns

Why isn't it viable alternative to lethal force?
>>
>>73775916
Because fuck you
>>
>>73775959

Really, that mature?
>>
What difference does macing or shooting make?
>>
Because anything that isn't dead is still a threat.

Shoot a guy with AIDS in the chest and he lives?, he fingers the bullet hole and then gives you a wet willy. congrats you now have AIDS in your ear.

You are only safe if the threat has been killed dead.
>>
>>73776020

Macing is non-lethal 99.99% of the time

Shooting? odds aren't so good.
>>
>>73775916
1) Pepper spray doesn't work on everyone
2) Wind
>>
>>73776045

Wow, you really think that?
>>
>>73775916
Neutralizer works quickly.

>goggles with neutralizer
>rag with neutralizer
>spray bottle with neutralizer

Pepper spray and tazers only work so well until someone whipped on PCP comes sprinting around the corner screaming "Ho'l Up!" with a chicken rib in their hand ready to shove it into your adams apple.
>>
>>73775916
If you pepper spray me, I'll shoot you.
>>
>>73776061

Wind affects bullets as well.
>>
File: 1443727572894.jpg (215 KB, 960x958) Image search: [Google]
1443727572894.jpg
215 KB, 960x958
>>73775916
It actually is, Americans are just too stupid to comprehend.
>>
>>73776086
But not so much that your bullet will turn 360 and hit you.
>>
>>73776104
Does that image apply to iraq and afghan vets who open carry?
>>
>>73776086
You also have to take the coriolis effect into account.
>>
>>73776067
>Wow
Fuck off, this triggers me.
>>
>>73775916
Because it's not lethal.
>>
>>73775916
Because you need to be standing a few feet in front of the person to subdue them.
>>
>>73775916
Because I put spicier shit than that on my fucking tacos
>>
>>73776104
That's pretty stupid desu, they use the guns to defend their homes and families and neighborhoods from delinquents, they have nothing to do with fighting isis.
>>
>>73776136

Yes, they did fuck all but drive around and waste a trillion dollars. Welfare queens deserve zero respect.
>>
>>73776267

No you don't, not possible.
>>
Pepper spray is a deterrent and often doesn't stop an attacker. Any that grew up watching COPS of vids of police confrontations knows that, more often than not, an enraged aggressor just pushes through it and attacks anyways.

>>73776086
Getting real tired of your shit, roo.
>>
>>73776054
Does it even matter? If they make you defend yourself does it truly even matter? Leave people alone and you don't get shot. Simple mathematics
>>
Where can one directly find Bureaucrats that write these stupid laws and regulations where you can or cant use something...
>>
>>73776045
>arguing for guns
>hypothetical where you have a gun and it fails with you getting AIDs
>implying that pepper spray gives bullet holes
Are you retarded
>>
>>73776315
Check it nigger
It'll put hair on your balls and burn it right back off
>>
File: TheSource.jpg (13 KB, 218x300) Image search: [Google]
TheSource.jpg
13 KB, 218x300
>>73776571
Forgot the fucking pic
>>
Pepper spray is only useful to calm down mildly angry, unarmed people. It won't stop a determined, armed attacker. Furthermore it takes some time for the effect to show up, at least a few seconds. You need to accurately aim at the eyes, nose and mouth, if you are using a fog type, that shit could go right back to you with some wind. Indoors it will permanently contaminate the room for weeks. Some people are immune to OC, not to mention if they are wearing glasses, masks, etc, the effect will be greatly reduced.

tl;dr : pepper spray is not a viable option for self-defense, but only a pain compliance tool useful for law enforcement to arrest someone or disperse a crowd.
>>
File: 1441417731289.webm (3 MB, 854x470) Image search: [Google]
1441417731289.webm
3 MB, 854x470
>>73775916
Like tasers, mace doesn't stop the most feral of niggers
>>
>I need a gun for self defense. I need it for protection!

>There are tons of non-lethal forms of self defense: mace, tazer

>f-f-fuck you! lethal is best!
>>
The main reason to carry a gun is to scare your opponent not to shoot them. Who would be dumb enough to attack abguy who could easily kill you? Pepper spray on the other hand scares no one because it is nonlethal.
>>
>>73775916
>"Put down your weapon, or we WILL irritate your eyes!!!"
>>
>>73776978

Do you regularly find a need to 'scare' people with lethal force? ie felony brandishing
>>
>>73775916
Because pepper spray hurts and just generally sucks, but it doesn't stop you

Source: One time in band, when we were changing into our uniforms some chick was mad at on of the drummers fucking around, and when he ran into the guys changing room she threw her purse at him. Said purse hit the edge of a bench and cracked the bottle of pepper spray she had in it, making it spew out pepper spray. Entire fucking drumline and sousaphone line got sprayed, but we still had to march our show and while it did suck hard, it wasn't debilitating.
>>
>>73775959
>>73776857

Yup, got sprayed last week, twice. Into the mouth and nose by police and it had absolutely zero effect on me. It actually stopped from coming near me because they didn't want to breath it in.

Just to add, there was no charges brought against me.
>>
>>73777094

Bet they still put you in cuffs
>>
>>73776857
Dude, they spray this shit on their chicken every day for lunch.
Did you not read all these WhitePeopleFood hashtags?
>>
File: goggles-1.jpg (62 KB, 1417x829) Image search: [Google]
goggles-1.jpg
62 KB, 1417x829
>>
>>73775916
Pepperspray doesn't stop a tyrannical dictatorship.
>>
>>73777094
Were you at the protest in Bath?
>>
>>73776978
Actually, no.
You only take out your gun out if you are going to use it. And if you are going to use it, it means that you were in a situation when you were seriously fearing for your life, ie : self-defense.
You don't show your gun just to scare away people, that would only worsen the situation, and is unlawful.
>>
>>73777233
Dubs of truth.
>>
>>73776020
>american education (or lack thereof)
>>
>>73775916

Guns hurt more. So they are better for fighting.
>>
Because getting sued by the attacker for unnecessary suffering on their part because you emptied a can in their eyeballs is for the fucking birds fampai. Can't get sued by dead people.
>>
>>73776862
It is tho
>>
>>73777274
I thought we were talking about self-defense?
When someone attacks you, you give a warning shot and they run away. Less problems than with pepper spray.
>>
It's beaner food.
>>
>>73776633
>get some on your hand
>touch your eye
>>
>>73775916
>burgler has gun or knife
>stabs the shit out of you in a rage or shoots you from a larger distance
dumb ausnigger
>>
>>73777722
Warning shots are a terrible idea (And even illegal in America)
It devalues the whole point of carrying a gun, and frankly the way self defense works best is pulling out a gun only when your intent to kill, and if the assailant sees it and bolts or otherwise backs off, you can rethink your course of action.
Warning shots trigger the flight-or-fight response hard, and you're basically showing that you have a lethal weapon but will hesitate to use it
>>
>>73775916
Because in Australia you aren't allowed to own any item for the sole purpose of self defense.
>>
>>73775916

Niggers and poor people do not feel pain. One must thus cause a blood pressure drop or sever motor control nerves, at a minimum.
>>
>>73777722
Never fire a warning shot.

Also, checked.
>>
>>73777722

>Warning shot
>stray bullet hits someone

It's illegal to give a warning shot.
>>
>>73778169

Read the OP again and ask yourself if this thread is for you

Then give yourself an uppercut or lacking reading comprehension, fampai.
>>
Pepper spray < taser
>>
>>73775916
Cuz some nigger hopped up on PCP isn't going to be stopped by mace. Fuck I'd be surprised if 9mm would be enough.
>>
>>73776375
yeah... right
>>
>>73775916
Because legally you can defend yourself when your life is in immediate danger. If you're using a nonlethal deterrent you're probably going to be brought up on assault charges. When you have to exercise your right to self defense you want to make sure that only one person is giving their version of events.
>>
>>73778598
>Pepper spray for self-defence instead of guns
I answered that within the context of living in australia.

You aren't allowed to carry anything for self defense here.

And if you are referring to the cops, cops don't carry weapons for self defense. They carry weapons to subdue criminals.

How about you suck a dick?
>>
Pepper spray is pretty viable for self defense if you're against like 1-3 people and aim it at the face, where it will irritate their eyes, mouth and nose. I like it, but it's generally used by women and guns are cooler and lethal.
>>
>>73775916
Pretty sure most pepper spray isn't dead-accurate at 10 yards. Plus, it's possible to build up an immunity.

Oh, and the fact that I don't want the person I'm defending myself from to live. Dead men tell no tales.
>>
>>73778985
but then you get cucked hard by your legal system. believe me, ive watched a couple eps of law and order
>>
>>73778663
Depends on the ammo and where/how many times you hit him. With modern self defense ammo, 9mm is virtually as good as .45. If you hit the heart or central nervous system, 1 or 2 shots is usually enough (head for sure), regardles of caliber. Otherwise, you have to punch a bunch of holes to drop bp. Again, caliber is pretty much irrelevant in this case with modern technology.
>>
File: 1462948515724.jpg (263 KB, 628x456) Image search: [Google]
1462948515724.jpg
263 KB, 628x456
highly illegal (considered a banned weapon) in most of Europe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray#Europe
>>
>>73779074
Uh huh. Empty the entire magazine, making sure at least one of the shots is fatal. Call the cops. Say someone was attacking you or broke into your house, and you were terrified and your heart was racing. So long as you empty the magazine quickly, it's an open and shut case.

Fear factor is taken into account in regards to murder, and they'll believe you were terrified, so long as you don't reload.
>>
>>73779074
>Applying our television to our real world scenarios

It's called the Electric Kike for a reason. Don't believe that shit.
>>
>>73775916
Awesome idea bro. Upgrade the police forces from clumsy guns to this new better self defense technique 'pepper spray.'

Your idea will save a lot of lives.
>>
>>73776862
>non-lethal forms banned in most of europe
:^)
but then again
>bullet proof vests are banned here for civilians supposedly
>>
Because a threat is not 100% neutralized until it is dead. Pepper spray is a good way to get your ass beat into a coma by feral niggers.
>>
>>73775916
What if the attacker is upwind?
>>
>>73778608
Tasers are everything but non lethal
>>
>>73775916
Shoot to wound doesn't even work all the time in self defence.
>>
File: 1462844477705.png (246 KB, 641x595) Image search: [Google]
1462844477705.png
246 KB, 641x595
friendly reminder, just in case this thread could lead to a misunderstanding :

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED
>>
>>73775916
>tfw you live in cuckland and its illegal because achmeds right not get sore eyes trumps your right to life and liberty
Just kill me desu
>>
>>73777722

>Warning shot
>Looks at flag

Makes sense.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.