[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016- 05-11/turkey-gives-europ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 1459284331605.jpg (45 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459284331605.jpg
45 KB, 600x900
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-11/turkey-gives-europe-ultimatum-unless-visas-are-removed-we-will-unleash-refugees

If the visa deal with Europe does not go trough, we will send the refugees back

How did it come to this? How did Erdogan made Europe look like such a little bitch? A simple turk humiliated europe, feels bad man...
>>
http://pastebin.com/maWr0c5E
>>
Previous thread >>73728928

Sorry for the delay on my post, just moved over to my PC.
>>
bump for keeping it alive, post coming soon
>>
>>73747563
bump
>>
Remove shitskin
>>
>>73747563
So...
Can anybody explain to me why we can't just mow these fucked down with gun ships and artillery.

You can literally kill the problem.. but they refuse too
>>
This is all White Genocide.
>>
>>73748686
This.

TAKE Turkey. The Turks have no nukes. Invade them. They've shat up Constantinople for 600 years, that's long enough. Then YOU'LL control the checkpoints into Europe. Simple enough.

Britain, France, Germany could do it by themselves.
>>
>>73748686
you can swim from one turkish island to a greek island in a couple minutes

the route from turkey to greece is now smaller thn the route from africa to italy

i think the eu literally told italy to take these boats in lel

>>73748872
*cringes*
>>
>>73747563

Go look at the loss Turkish Airways suffered, Erdo was asking for Russian tourists a few weeks ago, begging actually, he's delusional considering he shot down a russian plane.

Have you seen the lira today? $1 went from 2.75 to 2.95 and climbing. It'll hit 3.50 soon.
>>
>>73746015
>>73746142

Military is the oldest institution a Turkish state has, so despite the fact that current day Turkey's gene pool is very diluted, the militaristic mindset is present in our genes and our culture.

The first incident of a Turkic military coup I can cite goes back to the Abbasid Caliphate, because for the Turkic states before that, military was the state, thus there was no such concept as coup. There is an interregnum period for a century, where the Turkish mercenaries called Atabegs dominated the Abbasid Caliphate. I can't find the link of this, but I'm sure there were 8 coups within a century due to internal power struggles of this military caste. This caste moved over to Egypt as the Mameluks, and sow the seeds of the Military-Islamist contention we're seeing today.

However Ottoman dynamics are very different from the previous Turkic states, because despite the fact that the Neo-Ottomanists can't bring themselves to admit (or simply because of their illiteracy) that Ottoman Empire is the continuation of the Byzantine Empire, in essence that it inherited the state structure and its politics (famous Byzantine court intrigues which was also present in the Ottoman court). This is no way unusual, because Turkic states before the Ottomans, such as the Seljuks with the Persians, adopted the state structure of the cultures they have dominated. It is basically how we adapted to the civilization.

The bloodless coups that this >>73741685 post refers to the coups in the 20th century under the Turkish Republic, but I tend to look at the current developments under a larger spectrum. A bloodless coup in the Ottoman time, was when Janissaries, who were the elite Ottoman corps voiced their discontent with the Sultan and moved inside the palace to behead him and instill a new ruler from the same Ottoman lineage. Mind you, there are no rival 'House's as is the custom in Europe, the only house that matters is the House of Osman.

1/?
>>
File: 710.jpg (141 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
710.jpg
141 KB, 1400x1050
>>73747563
I have to laugh because the only alternative is to cry.
>>
>>73748966
>Go look at the loss Turkish Airways suffered
turkish airwarys is a case study in harvard in how extremely big it has gotten in mere years

no path is undergone with no setbacks

>Erdo was asking for Russian tourists a few weeks ago, begging actually
cool source bro

>Have you seen the lira today? $1 went from 2.75 to 2.95 and climbing. It'll hit 3.50 soon.
lira has been shit for years now

and so what? what does this have to do with the article?

i dont understand, what you are saying is LITERALLY a reason for turkey to send refugees to europe since the countries is getting in a worse position and they need to offload them
>>
>>73749034
Very nice answer, thank you.
>>
>>73747563
Good bout time Turkey grew a pair.
>>
>>73749219
Why would we let in 80 million non-deportable Turks just to keep out 3 million deportable Syrians?
Seems like a bad deal.
>>
>>73749219
It grew large, voted best airline, fuel costs are down, but this idiot and his actions will wreck it, it's not even the loss of the russian tourists as their ruble is in the toilet. Since you missed the point, this idiot will wreck the whole economy with his behavior, not just the airline. See the bigger picture.

Lira has been shit, but it will be even a bigger pile of shit thanks to Erdo and his maniac ego.

Erdo is desperate, he's paranoid, so he's lashing out with threats. Reality he's gonna get spanked by either EU or our wildcard in Pennsylvania which a lot think has been neutralized. Erdo is wired for sound, his every move and action, it's quite hilarious how this will all play out, I picture the savage lashing out at the wrong people around him.
>>
File: 1456924976044.jpg (17 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
1456924976044.jpg
17 KB, 600x468
>>73749541
>Why would we let in 80 million non-deportable Turks just to keep out 3 million deportable Syrians?
exactly, europe simply needs to take in much more refugees now to take care of them, it is unfair turkey has had such a big burden for years now, it is time europe does its humanitarian part, i wish more people would think like you, we will deport them when syria is free again :))
>>
>>73749034
However the Janissaries over time became so unruly that they started to stage coups as they saw fit. This is very similar to the 1970-1990 period of Turkish military coups.

Before I tell what happened to the Janissaries, we must consider the special structure of the Ottoman balance of power. Whenever an Ottoman Sultan was throned, the Janissaries as it was customary, hailed him but reminded him that 'there was Allah greater than him'. This is in line with the unique Ottoman state structure, which brought Sufi unitarian belief system that everything is an image of Allah and the Sultan is God's shadow on earth. Therefore, the absolute power of the Sultan was contested by certain levels of social barriers:

1) The people. People living in Constantinople never caused widespread riots on their own (apart from Alawi riots in bumfuck Anatolia, which happened because of power void and triggered by sectarian violence) but voiced their displeasure. This is the current state of the dissidents in Turkey, voicing displeasure, and doing nothing else. Turkish people, are by culture, persevere and suffer. 'There is Allah above!' 'You will answer in the eternal life', these are customary Turkish curses.

2) Ulama (intellectual caste): These people were the educated members of the society, and often led sermons in Friday prayers. Their domination over the public opinion was severe. It manifests itself at its best as a reveration for educated people by the illiterate ones (as was the case in 1940s, where being a teacher was one of the most respectable jobs and a huge social status), and at its worst as the cult of illiterates who are guided by a lying media, as is the case today. Ulamas, when hearing discontent among the people, would push them over to a riot in a Friday sermon, which then triggered the coup.

3) Janissaries: Although they were the earliest form of a professional army in Medieval Europe, Janissaries did not strictly live in their barracks.
2/?
>>
File: 1461954020838.jpg (65 KB, 868x585) Image search: [Google]
1461954020838.jpg
65 KB, 868x585
>>73749731
>It grew large, voted best airline, fuel costs are down, but this idiot and his actions will wreck it
that idiot you are talking about literally, LITERALLY made it big, idiot
>Since you missed the point, this idiot will wreck the whole economy with his behavior, not just the airline. See the bigger picture.
yes, the bigger picture, maybe you can make a thread for that? nobody is interested in your life story

>Erdo is desperate, he's paranoid, so he's lashing out with threats.
there are no threats in this case LOL, the EU and erodgan made a deal, the conditions of the deal have not been met, and thus the deal is off, there is threathening, its simple negotiating, stop acting like a little bitch

>Reality he's gonna get spanked by either EU
interesting, we will see if they will have balls to do something, but what can they do lol? try to fuck with erdogan and boom, another 2 million refugees in europe

>or our wildcard in Pennsylvania which a lot think has been neutralized.
erdo already btfoed him and your shitty corporate country, you slave

>Erdo is wired for sound, his every move and action, it's quite hilarious how this will all play out, I picture the savage lashing out at the wrong people around him.
cool story bro, subscribed, will you write a book about your life story? ill buy it
>>
>If I did tell you where I'm from originally you wouldn't be able to handle it Turk bros, so lets not go there.
I still wonder where is this anon from. Hayastan maybe?
>>
>>73749960
Were Janissaries eunuchs?
>>
>>73750255
no lel the nigger harem keepers were eunuchs
>>
>>73747563
bump
>>
>>73747563

Looks like Istanbul will be calling the shots for the European colonies from now on.

Interesting.
>>
>>73747563

Why are these visas so important for Turkey and why do European states not want these visas?
>>
>>73749960
As opposed to a 'professional army' we see today, Janissaries actually lived among the people, walking around in the marketplace and ensuing order. However, when the economy went to shitter which allowed Janissaries to act unruly, they started extortion in the marketplace. When a riot would begin in a Friday sermon, Janissaries would simply join the mob and they would move towards the Palace. This is how, Ottoman Sultans were reminded that there were no absolute rulers in the society.

So, the Janissaries abused their power, and tried to oppose any modernization efforts in the army fearing that they would be cast out. However, Ottomans were losing badly in 18th century and a modernization was inevitable. Hence, Mahmut II, the son of a French slave who was raised in a very pro-Western mindset, and narrowly escaped a coup that killed his predecessor, abolished the Janissary corps in his revenge and butchered every single Janissary in Constantinople. It is told that the Golden Horn was blood red that day. This is exactly similar to the US-backed purge given to the Turkish army in 2000s.

Then, we should consider Erdogan. Erdogan is an Islamist, however moderate he claims to be, but he is foremost a populist and a pragmatist. His attitude and consolidation of power, and being able to strafe military coup threat who took down previous Islamists like Erbakan is awfully reminding of Abdulhamit II, Erdogan's hero. Therefore, let's see what happened to Abdulhamit:

After Mahmut II's purge of Janissaries, a series of reforms were set in place in the Ottoman structure, that brought Western institutions to the Ottoman politics. This gave birth to a major bureaucratic caste, which is still present today. However, Ottoman Empire still needed its military more than anything, and the top schools were always militaristic, at least until late 19th century when European schools were allowed to be opened.

3/?

>>73750255
no, eunuchs were in charge of the harem.
>>
>>73750136
Nope. You had one guess bro. But since this clown in Belgium is trying my patience.
>>
>>73750817
easier for students, working people

also turkey will be able to offload a couple hundred thousand k*rds

its just a bargaining chip for erdogan really if its not that another thing will come up
>>
can someone in Europe explain to me why you don't just say "we aren't accepting any, if you come we're sending you back"?

it seems like you're adopting the most retarded stance of all time

>we'll accept everyone, we'll give anyone that comes free shit, it's our duty
>oh whoa why are all of these third worlders flooding us?

almost seems intentional, hmm
>>
>>73750913
>clown

>m-muh lira and turkish airways
>m-muh fethullah wildcard (look our cancer totally didnt get btfo, us evil strong :)))
>m-muh russian tourists

cry more bitch

>>73751005
turkey does not need to take them back
>>
File: 1420767357962.jpg (23 KB, 258x288) Image search: [Google]
1420767357962.jpg
23 KB, 258x288
>>73750913
TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW

Also don't mind him, he has some mental issues.
>>
>>73750041
What's the use when Turkish Airways becomes a burden to the state. What's the difference when inflation and the currency become shit again like they were before Erdo. It was all hype then, a whole lot of nothing. You show 2001, but the idiot will take you right back to those inflation rates and worse.

You somehow think he neutralized all opposition, he hasn't.

Today his top adviser threatens to send poor muslims to europe by sea, the grand sultan, protector of muslims, his policies are all fucked up. I will be amazed if Erdo goes another year. The only reason there is no coup, the CIA and army are watching him ruin himself, taking it nice and slow.

It's game over, he's desperate, you can see it in his face.
>>
File: GDP_per_capita_PPP_2014-en.svg.png (148 KB, 1024x559) Image search: [Google]
GDP_per_capita_PPP_2014-en.svg.png
148 KB, 1024x559
>>73750041
>Proud of a $10.500 GDP per capita
Turkey a shit. We have more than twice that and we still hate ourselves.

$10.500 is nothing to be proud of son.
>>
>>73750906
The brightest minds of the Ottomans, who were educated in Europe and worked with naturalized European Pashas (generals), decided that they were the ones responsible for the fate of the Empire and tried to instill a Westernization agenda themselves. Mind you again, these changes are always brought from the ruling class, as opposed to the French Revolution. These high-ranked military people deposed of a Abdulhamid's predecessor because of his unwillingness to sign in a Constitutional Monarchy, which was unheard of. Abdulhamid was a shrewd cunt though, he pretended to be pro-West, but installed a clause that allowed him to overthrow the constitution and the parliament once the Ottoman-Russian War of 1877-78 began.

Seeing the tendency of the Ottoman Army to revolt, especially the Navy, Abdulhamit had the ships chained inside the Golden Horn where they are told to rot. In the latter half of his rule, Abdulhamit faced an Armenian insurrection, very similar to the Kurdish one today, and formed his own soldiers ironically from Kurds, called the Hamidian Regiment. These Kurds who were intensely loyal to Abdulhamit, once disbanded from the army by the seculars, would later participate willingly in the Armenian genocide, both for the plunder and for the mutual hatred dating back to Abdulhamit.

The special preference of Abdulhamit gave birth to the disctintion of a "schooled" (mektepli) and a "birth-right" (alaylı) military encampment within the army. This is very similar to the military-police duality we see today, where the military is in majority Kemalist and the police are Islamist.

As you can tell, Erdogan is uncannily like Abdulhamit, and his downfall will be the same. Here is how it goes for the latter:

There was no stopping the Westernization of the Ottoman Empire as the European powers built more and more institutions and gained greated economic and political leverage.

4/?
>>
>>73751005
No idea. It must be intentional if we do allow them into Europe.
They don't meet the criteria for joining and they are literally using refugees as hostage bargaining chips.

If we DO let them in, we'll still have to do our "fair share" (ie. take over 90%) and we'll have shitloads of Turk immigrants too

People seem to forget that part of the deal is that we take the refugees off the Turks in the end anyway.
>>
>>73751393
the only one who has mential issues is him

>>73751427
>What's the use when Turkish Airways becomes a burden to the state.
top lel, do you have some data bro? post some sources to say that the situation is bad? :)))

oh wait you dont have any, you dont know what you are talking about, you just read turkish airways is getting less visitors so now its all burning down? top kek

>What's the difference when inflation and the currency become shit again like they were before Erdo.
every country gets it ups and downs, no country is perfect, every country rises, gets a crisis, rises, this is natural

>It was all hype then, a whole lot of nothing. You show 2001, but the idiot will take you right back to those inflation rates and worse.
ok, good, if he does that he will be voted out, what is the problem? you want him gone right? so if you say this is going to happen, he will be gone, fun :))

>You somehow think he neutralized all opposition, he hasn't.
i said he BTFOD fethullah

>Today his top adviser threatens to send poor muslims to europe by sea
top lel, dumb ignorant motherfucker, first of all, the guy is a moron, every country has dumb high ranked politcians who say dumb shit, second of all, what he said was literally this

"we will send back the refugees who we took back according the deal we had, since the deal will not continue, they will have to return", he is not saying he will send them all, he is saying he will send the ones who he took back, back, part of the deal, go and cry to the EU, not Turkey

>I will be amazed if Erdo goes another year.
yeah yeah you crybabbies have been saying this for years now

>The only reason there is no coup, the CIA and army are watching him ruin himself, taking it nice and slow.
>It's game over, he's desperate, you can see it in his face.
okay friend, thanks for telling me this, im extremely scard now :((( im crying :(((( you are so smart wow :)))

kill yourself dumb shit
>>
>>73747563
>How did Erdogan made Europe look like such a little bitch?

act like a bitch, get treated like a bitch

ps, not even a fucking country
>>
>>73751821
Thus the Army formed an internal underground group, called the Young Turks, which positioned itself in the westernmost parts of the Ottoman Empire, far from Abdulhamit's reach: Macedonia and Thessaloniki, the latter being Ataturk's birthplace. They have revolted against Hamid, and having superior powers they moved inside the city. The city was taken without a single shot.

However, my intuition says that this will follow: The uprising of the Islamists (alayli), especially in the police.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/31_March_Incident
The internal strife of a nation that is already listed as a 'torn nation' by Huntington, and is already fighting against PKK insurgents.
Martial law.
Collapse of Turkish economy.
Civil War.
And if the history indeed repeats itself, a World War must follow, which leads to the breaking apart of Turkey. We will see if this nation can give birth to another Ataturk.

Going back to >>73746015
> The players in the game
US and Russia shook hands to depose Erdogan. Pretty much every superpower is involved.
> Their motives
This I'm not sure. The American poster claims that the coup will be done for Turkey's good, but my hunch claims that being one of the three standing powers in the Middle East, Turkey will also be disposed of after Saudi Arabia. Probably this will happen in the same timeline with Iran. Greater Israel comes to mind.
Optimistic scenario: Turkey becomes the regional hub for global finance, modernization, Turkey on route to becoming a regional power.
> Information about the current situation and what to look out for
I would look out for riots and how they are suppressed. I expect a lot of blood, if there is none initially, then there will be a bigger uprising.
> How you think it will go down (even if it is just speculation)
See above.
> The consequences
Disbanding of Turkish nation. This is awfully pessimistic, but my logic tells me that a state that is so internally fucked up can only resist to so much conflict.
>>
>>73752596
>US and Russia shook hands to depose Erdogan. Pretty much every superpower is involved.
so this is decided after erdogan took down the plane? ooooookay
>This I'm not sure.
the us wants to get rid of erdogan because he is not usefull for them, thats obvious, russia and turkey were friendly, putin liked erdogan, in a matter of days without blinking its not far fetched erdogan becomes best buddies with him again, thats how he works
>The American poster claims that the coup will be done for Turkey's good
its extremely hilarious how an american can claim that whatever his country does, is done because its "good"

the us is evil as fuck lmao
>but my hunch claims that being one of the three standing powers in the Middle East, Turkey will also be disposed of after Saudi Arabia.
saudi arabia wont be disposed untill oil runs out, and after oil runs out you dont even need to dispose it, the country will burn
>Greater Israel comes to mind.
lol what
>Optimistic scenario: Turkey becomes the regional hub for global finance, modernization, Turkey on route to becoming a regional power.
a regional power for what lmao? iran gone? saudi arabia gone? what is there left to have power over? kek
>I would look out for riots and how they are suppressed
already happened
>>
>>73748872
>Constantinople

Why'd they change to Istanbul from Constantinople?
>>
>>73753523
That's nobody's business but the Turks.
>>
>>73753316
>so this is decided after erdogan took down the plane? ooooookay
Nah it probably was decided before, but it became released after it. Russians were provoking Erdogan obviously to shoot the plane down.

>saudi arabia wont be disposed untill oil runs out,
Saudi Arabia is on course for a civil war due to throne fight, and the world is transiting to renewable energy after the Paris Conference.

>a regional power for what lmao? iran gone? saudi arabia gone? what is there left to have power over? kek
No, the optimistic scenario doesn't see their downfalls. To have a stable Turkey you need a stable region.

>already happened
I wasn't talking about Gezi, it's pro-Erdogan riots after the possible coup.

>>73753523
Turkification of names. Istanbul is still a Greek phrase though, means 'to the City'.
>>
Can we just recommission some enhanced radiation weapons? I have a feeling they're going to be useful in a few years.
>>
>>73752596
very nice reply turkbro, I'm impressed. it's like 6 am for you, why are you still awake?
>>
>>73747563
>zerohedge

Can we get a more reliable source like CNN or BBC?
>>
>>73754118
I need to do homework. I'll better get going, glad you enjoyed. Good night.
>>
>>73753999
>Nah it probably was decided before, but it became released after it. Russians were provoking Erdogan obviously to shoot the plane down.
russians do that all the time to every country, baltic countries, uk, america, you are grasping at straws with this one

>Saudi Arabia is on course for a civil war due to throne fight, and the world is transiting to renewable energy after the Paris Conference.
saudi arabia will be essential for the world economy for atleast another 15 years, a bare minimum of years, without saudi arabia selling reliable out the world economy will pretty much collapse, do not underestimate this

>No, the optimistic scenario doesn't see their downfalls. To have a stable Turkey you need a stable region.
man, i personally want to see kurdistan happen, deport the kurds in west turkey to kurdistan, build a huge wall, and call it a day, as long as that region has oil its hopeless, especially with america there is no real hope
>>
>>73751762

>what is lower cost of living
>>
>>73754377
>you are grasping at straws with this one
you are aware that we were the only ones that shot the only russian plane down since the cold war right? are you aware of the consequences of messing with a military superpower?

>saudi arabia will be essential for the world economy for atleast another 15 years,
not when there is already an oil glut, leading to all time low prices. war in arabia will increase oil prices to $70-80, maybe $90. Which is the same as a couple of years ago.
>>
>>73754167
Newfags don't listen to this kike zerohedge is based
>>
>>73753316
>the us is evil as fuck lmao
Maybe. But you Belgians so love to lube your ass up for great evils to just waltz in, so you'd probably really enjoy working with us.
>>
>>73754749
>you are aware that we were the only ones that shot the only russian plane down since the cold war right?
yeah but you are grasping at straws with saying how russians wanted this to happen, no strong basis

>are you aware of the consequences of messing with a military superpower?
banning of tomatos imports :(

>not when there is already an oil glut, leading to all time low prices.
oil glut only because saudi arabia has been pumping it out, they have their own reasons for keeping it low (american shelling being one of them)

in a matter of mere days, with a simple decision the price of oil can sky rocket, it only needs 1 sentence of one guy in saudi arabia

>war in arabia will increase oil prices to $70-80, maybe $90. Which is the same as a couple of years ago.
soo wait, first you are saying oil will not be important because of renewable energy, but now it will go back to 80 dollars

articles say that saudis will be able to survive around 6+ years with the current oil price, so i guess i will see you here back in 6 years when the war there starts
>>
>>73755107
>first you are saying oil will not be important
Key word: will
>>
>>73755332
its going to take a veeeeeeery long time for renewable energy to be worth using instead of oil

such a looooong time that by thn saudis oil could be 0 lel
>>
>>73755473
That's why if this scenario plays out, World War becomes inevitable. A new world system will be erected.
>>
>>73756165
yeah well like i said imo some of your points dont hold up, i stil lliked your posts tho, im out have fun with your homework
>>
Young Turks were the ones trying to bring jewish bolshevism to Europe.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.