[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NO CORRELATION BETWEEN MINIMUM WAGE INCREASES AND EMPLOYMENT LEVELS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: raise_minimum_wage.jpg (26 KB, 440x320) Image search: [Google]
raise_minimum_wage.jpg
26 KB, 440x320
http://www.nelp.org/publication/raise-wages-kill-jobs-no-correlation-minimum-wage-increases-employment-levels/

/pol/ BTFO!
>>
>>73731376

doesnt make it right or non-racist
>>
>>73731376
My suspicion it has to do with the fact that we haven't been increasing the minimum wage either. If we yanked that shit up to 15, I'm preddy sure the unemployment would come.
>>
>>73731376
That's the worst report I ever had to look at. They literally just take the unemployment before and after a wage hike and completely ignore any other factors that could possibly be involved. No mention of other policies, trend of the economy in general, external factors like war, etc. Also no mention of inflation or what the actual purchasing power of that wage would be afterwards.
That is some shit tier propaganda if I have ever seen
>>
>>73731376
>NO CORRELATION
>>
>hurr durr lets look at correlations without controlling for other variables!
Did you know, that if you correlate car speed (time from 0-60 for instance) with weight, you get that weight is positively correlated with car speed? How can that be when clearly F=ma, and it makes no sense that attaching pointless weight to your vehicle would increase its speed potential. The problem is that weight also correlates with engine size/engine power(horsepower) which does correlate with speed, and as a consequence we got an erroneous result because we didn't analyze for the omitted variable.
If you've actually read this report, you realize that they make precisely this mistake.
>>
>>73732801
yeah, correlation =/> causation
but causation => correlation, right?
so no correlation => no causation, because contraposition

so no correlation MINIMUM WAGE increases EMPLOYMENT LEVELS implies no causation MINIMUM WAGE increasing EMPLOYMENT LEVELS
Am I wrong?
>>
>>73732318
That's because the minimum wage wouldn't be hiked to 15 overnight, but slow increments.
>>
I'd like to see wage-increase proponents graph the correlation (or claimed lack thereof) up to a trillion dollars an hour.

Should be informative.
>>
Should we tell that to all the people who got canned in cali a few weeks back?
>>
Good to know, wagecuck
>>
>>73733926
>a little bit of Cancer is good
>>
Where do these people think the extra money needed for this increase will come from?
>>
>>73733926
Why not? If something is good for the economy, you don't do it halfway.
>>
>>73731376
any one can make a .org . you may as well be linking a wiki page

how about you find a news article supporting your faggotry. most news channels are liberal or left leaning
>>
>>73735186
It is the hide the negative effects to the masses

Anyone supporting minimum wage is ignorant of its history.

The minimum wage was designed from the ground up as a way to keep lowskilled specifically black laborers(race doesn't matter as it affects all people that fit into the category of low skilled workers including young people so inb4 edgy racist) out of the job market to protect much more expensive Union labor.
It was very effective at this and is why it was also adopted in apartheid South Africa.
Studies done have shown that minimum wage laws still to this day adversely affect the low skill workers specifically young people causing an accute rise in unemployment in these groups which are the groups that need entry level jobs the most and are effectively denied moving up the job ladder
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.