[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mark-zuckerberg_3249.jpg (416 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
mark-zuckerberg_3249.jpg
416 KB, 1067x1600
>Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.
>In other words, Facebook’s news section operates like a traditional newsroom, reflecting the biases of its workers and the institutional imperatives of the corporation. Imposing human editorial values onto the lists of topics an algorithm spits out is by no means a bad thing—but it is in stark contrast to the company’s claims that the trending module simply lists “topics that have recently become popular on Facebook.”
http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

Goybook does it again.
>>
Bu-bu-but we're the good guys, see!
>>
>>73727334
Now it makes sense that half of my newsfeed is talking about the latest Bernie bot hashtag.
>>
Wow really? It wasn't enough that Zuckerjew was caught on a hot mic assuring Merkel that he's help the plans to jihad Europe?
>>
>>73727334
do you think cuckerberg ever gets tired of permanently looking like an autistic out-of-shape 15 year old?
>>
So ? its the company right to display whatever the fuck they want

beside who get its news from facebook anyway
>>
>>73727646
>who gets their news from facebook anyway
About a billion people
>>
>>73727646
You don't see anything unethical about presenting news sources that fit an agenda as unbiased? At least we know the major news networks do it. Facebook presents the news like it's whatever is the most popular at the time.
>>
conservacucks are primitive superstitious men who spread fallacies constantly so it's ok to delete misinformation
>>
>>73727546
link?
>>
>>73727620
Doubt it and with the cream made from baby foreskin he'll look like that for about 50 years more.
>>
>>73727859
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/30/angela-merkel-caught-on-hot-mic-confronting-mark-z/

You can't like type "zuckerberg merkel mic" and have this be the first result?
>>
>>73727646
Thankfully people who can't vote/won't vote.
>>
File: facebook-zuckerberg-jacket.jpg (54 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
facebook-zuckerberg-jacket.jpg
54 KB, 700x300
>>73727334
Somehow I'm not surprised
>>
>>73727945
>the requested video is no longer available

Nice one, kikes.
>>
>>73727763

unethical .. sure .. illegale ? nope
>>
>>73727334
Not surprising. Liberals love free speech, but only when other liberals have it.
>>
>>73728164
lel

nuts, looks like I didn't save a copy of that one.
>>
>>73728197
>A Muslim talking about ethics
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.