[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>climate change isn't real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 58
File: change.gif (3 MB, 720x775) Image search: [Google]
change.gif
3 MB, 720x775
>climate change isn't real
>>
Friendly reminder that nobody denies that the global climate is changing.

It has been changing ever since the earth's atmosphere first was established.

People deny or question the amount of influence humans have on climate change.

> 1850-2016

That is nothing when looking at the history if climate change. You realize that right?
>>
>>73689853

>Global Temp in the year 1850

Lol Ok. Totally believable.
>>
Start this timeline a few Millenia earlier.

Pweety Pwease.
>>
>Millions of years ago
>No humans
>Ice age and other shitty climate change

Fuck off
>>
>>73689987
>nobody denis that the global climate is changing
See
>>73690029
>>
It doesn't even matter a toss. The earth had periods of global 40C averages and above, as well as bullshit fucking cold. Humans can ravage whatever the fuck we want, we own this bitch.
>>
>>73689853
it's been going up and down for hundreds of thousands of years
a couple of years in that gif doesnt even grasp it
>>
>>73689987
Do you deny that humans are burning fossil fuels?
Do you deny that burning fossil fuels releases carbon dioxide?
Do you deny that carbon dioxide absorbs heat?
Do you deny that the earth is warming?
Do you have a better explanation?

If the answer to any of these is yes, please explain.
>>
>>73689987
this. nobody expects the earth to have the same temperature forever. the debate is whether humans are influencing it.

but i don't see why it matters. why not try to keep it the same? it's more comfortable for us. nobody wants to live in an frozen taiga or a scorching desert.
>>
>>73689853

>climates are only just now fluctuating

>before fossil fuels, climates stayed perfectly constant for eleventy trillion centuries

>there totally won't be a maunder minimum in 2031
>>
>>73690325
Also this
>>
>>73690486

it's an absolute fact that, when the Earth warms, it gets wetter.

More CO2= more plants = more green = more wetness

there is NOTHING wrong with more co2 or slightly higher temps.

there is absolutely an ulterior motive to the entire climate hustle.

it's called tax money, and it's loved by jews.

the entire climate debate is over raising taxes NOTHING more.

if all the climate deals are followed through with, it will cost humanity 7 trillion dollars and 'might' lower the Earth's temperature by .027 degrees.

.027 degrees.

its
a
scam

and now the latest argument is: 'well, even if it's all fake, don't you good goys just want to live in a cleaner environment'?

they literally are just saying this now.

we're all being fleeced.
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 888x499
Climate change is real. It just isn't caused by humans. Our Moon and Mars have had proportionally similar fluctuations in temperature as measured over the last 30 years.

The global dimming/global cooling/global warming/climate change keep changing their label every 15 years or so. It's a long-proven fraud. It is nothing more than Marxism. It is the attempt by Marxist sympathizes to create a global cause that will massively expand government and allow that government to intrude into and tax everything that a human does in his daily life.

And if global warming was real, why are the global warming supporters trying so desperately to censor scientific opposition to it?
>>
>>73690241
Your point?

During those hundreds of thousands of years, there were only a small number of humans and they lived as hunter gatherers. Agricultural societies were impossible because the climate was too unstable.
>>
>>73690814
>Making up numbers to support your point
>more wetness

Enjoy having half your cities underwater and hurricane Katrina 5 times a year
>>
File: 1426985259727.jpg (59 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1426985259727.jpg
59 KB, 600x398
>>73691139

>muh waterworld

already debunked

>muh increased hurricanes

pic related
>>
>>73691139
enjoy that shit happening anyway when you pay 90% taxes but china and india don't care
>>
File: 1452710140847.jpg (34 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1452710140847.jpg
34 KB, 450x450
>>73689853
your range is 150 years senpai

how old do you think the globe is ?
>>
>>73689987
Tred
>>
>>73691263
>People have made bad predictions in the past therefore the whole theory is wrong

>>73691396
Where did I say anything about taxes? My point is that denying science is stupid
>>
>>73689853
Climate change isn't real. The concept of temperature is wrong, as concept of gas is wrong. There is no gas - particles float in either and there are the same particles in "space".
Satellites are just balloons.

They dont allow people to know this, because then people would travel to other planets settle there - outside of their zone of influence. And then the whole solar system will be like new-america and the "old world" will end under the shitskins, burying their shitty anglo scheming and all their manipulative memes.
>>
>>73689853
Can someone explain to me how we have down to the tenth of a digit of continuous measurements back to 1850s?
>>
>>73690325
please I want to pay more TAX to the goverments of the world who can keep me safe from climate change.

please tax me more mr government.

keep me safe tax me to keep me safe.
>>
>>73692708
Because that was when thermometers were invented you Mongoloid

>>73692711
Again I didn't say anything about tax. The government is incapable of dealing with a problem of this magnitude. All individuals can do is prepare themselves for the effects.
>>
>>73690814
7 trillion dollar's wow that's a lot of shekels.

plebs will happily pay climate tax. average joe will be forced to pay.

meanwhile all mega coporations will get to pollute the planet with shit that is not needed nor wanted.

>but what about every mars bar wrapper on the planet.

>every cola can on the planet
>every car exhust
>every tin of hairspray
>every tin of paint
>every volcano
>every jet engine
>every single dvd
>>
>>73693124
yeah will I did mention TAX because that's what the populations of the world will be forced into paying. TAX ,,,goverments have been shilling this GLOBAL WARMING shite for decades. OOPS I MEAN CLIMATE CHANGE.

FUK ALL YOU SHILL MOTHER FUCKERS OUT THERE.
>>
>>73693124
> right after anglos at last invented the thermometer (2 centuries later than the white world) we have precise stats all around the planet

A big flaw in anglo lies.
>>
my question is, have we ever seen drastic changes in temperatures over this short a period of time? I'm not familiar with the overall changes we have on record. Obviously knowing how quickly things are changing could be good evidence either for or against humans affecting climate change
>>
>>73693897
> have we ever seen drastic changes in temperatures over this short a period of time

Yes. It`s called winter and summer.
>>
>>73693897
Eh, the earth is just pretty much preparing itself to get rid of us. ;) We either adapt or die.
>>
>>73693124
Surely you don't believe we have accurate global average temperature recordings down to a tenth of a degree back then.
>>
>>73693897
Past temperature changes tend to have happened over thousands of years. Large short-term jumps have been caused by sudden events like asteroid impacts or large volcano eruptions and have led to mass extinctions.
>>
>>73694203
And "asteroid impact volcano extinction" was lately declared a meme, because extinction happened some millenia after asteroid, probably due to plant evolution.

Of course evolution is just another scientific meme.
>>
>>73694147
Yes? A thermometer is literally a tube with some liquid in it, they've been around for hundreds of years
>>
>>73689853
>Winter, Autumn, Spring, Summer

What are you trying to say? that its crazy there isnt a consistant climate?
>>
Global warming is essentially a meme
It's true, but people are overestimating its effects
Big deal, earth gets 1 degree hotter, who gives a shit.
>muh ice caps
This will take decades, we will have tons of time to emigrate elsewhere (if we even have to do that), plus antartica will become habitable.
Hotter weather is better for the economy as well
>>
>>73694410
I don't see your point. Are you trying to say that getting hit by an enormous asteroid didn't cause a temperature change?
>>
>>73689853
>2 degrees
>wow it's nothing

Dat misleading colour change and out of proportion gif :')

>save the planet white goyim, don't reproduce!

>2016

>still falling for this
>>
>>73694203
UNPROVABLE story-telling bullshit.
>>
File: 1_26_5l.jpg (141 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
1_26_5l.jpg
141 KB, 900x596
I couldn't give a thundering fuck if the sea level rises.

I live on a fucking mountain. Nothing's gonna happen to me because...

1. I live far above sea level, obviously
2. All my food and shit is grown locally up here, there will be 0% disruption
3. There won't be a mass exodus to this area, it'll be to the middle of England.
>>
>>73694604
>Be Greek
>argue that people can smoothly and easily emigrate away from problems

Top kek lad
>>
>>73690325

> Do you deny that humans are burning fossil fuels?
>Do you deny that burning fossil fuels releases carbon dioxide?
>Do you deny that carbon dioxide absorbs heat?
>Do you deny that the earth is warming?
>Do you have a better explanation?

No one denies anything, but explain why we should care, or care about anything other than the liberty and survival of the European/white race.
>>
>>73690325
Do you deny that CO2 is causing vegetation on Earth to do great?
Do you deny that the Earth hasnt seen overall greening since CO2 has been on the rise?
Do you deny that there are countless factors involved when the Earth's climate changes? And trying to pin all the blame on one gas that makes up a fraction of 1% of the atmosphere when the science isnt fully understood is intellectual dishonesty?
Do you deny that government/establishment scientists have lied in the past ie Earth is the Center of universe, Leaded gasoline is good for you, etc.
Do you deny that "renewable" energy is not by any means inherently clean, or anywhere near the efficiency of fossil fuels?

Go back to Pakistan faggot
>>
>>73694001
come on now friendo you know I didn't mean that short.

>>73694125
I can't disagree with that

>>73694203
Do you have any literature on the first part there? Would be interested to read more on it. If thats true then maybe the recent changes have been hastened by man
>>
>>73694604
spoken like a true idiot
>>
File: einstein.jpg (611 KB, 2326x1744) Image search: [Google]
einstein.jpg
611 KB, 2326x1744
>>73689853
I actually do believe in global warming but until sustainable energy is truly a thing we must find other solution for the short and long term.

Such solution would be things like removing C02 from the atmosphere or by blocking some of the sunlight with perhaps a large array of mirrors which could orbit the earth.
Obviously we don't have the technology yet for either but both solutions are technically possible.
For example if we ever find a cheap way to get things up into space (elevator?) we could do the mirror plan and reflect back some portion of the sunlight reaching us at a reasonable cost.
>>
>>73689853
The Little Ice Age did not end until around 1870, by the way. Before the Little Ice Age was a warm period, so I wonder what the time after the Little Ice Age will be... hmmm...
>>
>>73694817
Das it man
>>
>>73694975
prove me wrong
>>
>>73695018
>large array of orbiting mirrors
that may be the most autistic solution I've ever heard but the visual got a chuckle out of me
>>
We're in a cold period right now. It's quite natural for temperature to go up.

That said, we should still look into renewable energy. Not because of the environment, but the decreasing amounts of coal and oil.
>>
>>73694975
fear climate change.
fear
fear
get your tax shekels out goyim kek
we can make you safe from climate fear.
usa prob did more damage to whole climate by dropping those big bombs back on japan, didn't they change the magnetic charge or componds in base metals or some shit ?
>>
>>73695192
nuclear my man

all that delicious Uranium is just waiting for us
>>
>>73690325
Volcanos do more to cause climate change than all humans combined. Nice try.
>>
sshh

it's ok

there is no stopping it

we asked for this. we are doomed no matter what.

enjoy life while you can.
>>
>>73694604
Your country is literally islands. It will be the first to sink.
>>
File: not an argument 2.jpg (37 KB, 325x481) Image search: [Google]
not an argument 2.jpg
37 KB, 325x481
>all these non-arguments
time to take the climate change redpill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmkHr0W5Vk
>>
>>73695018
or I can just sit in the shade with my air con at full blast.

>large array of mirrors top-kek
>>
>believing /pol/ charts
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>73695253
>didn't they change the magnetic charge or componds in base metals or some shit ?
>>
>>73695362
what arguments ?

climate change is a very long running meme.
>>
>>73695282
Perhaps, but I worry about the safety. There are too many radicalized muslims in Europe right now, and any reactor is a major target.
>>
>>73694934
Yes I deny that CO2 is causing vegetation to do great. North and South America, North Africa, the Middle East, India and China are all suffering from droughts at the moment and having to cut agricultural output because of the lack of water.

There are countless factors involved, but the scientific consensus at the moment is that CO2 is responsible for most of the current warming. Just because it's less than 1% doesn't lessen its effect.

I didn't say anything about renewable energy. It's too late for that, we need to start bunkering down and preparing emergency measures to deal with mass migration and acute global food shortages.
>>
>>73690325

Do you realize that volcanic activity across the world emits more carbon dioxide than humans do?
Do you realize that not only does it by far outperform human actions but it also does so WITHIN A MONTH.
>>
>>73695612
No it doesn't.
>>
File: libyan-sahara.jpg (24 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
libyan-sahara.jpg
24 KB, 660x495
>>73689853
>>73689853
FOR ALL YOU FUCKING CLIMATE CHANGE DICK LICKERS, GOOGLE SAHARAN APOCOLYPSE.

The Sahara Desert was GREEN 6000 years ago, but a slight wobble in the earths rotational axis turned it into a desert in a matter of years. What caused that? CO2 greenhouse effect?? No. Fuck off

http://www.livescience.com/28493-when-sahara-desert-formed.html
>>
>>73695575
ohboyherewego.jpg
>>
File: muh CO2.png (213 KB, 924x798) Image search: [Google]
muh CO2.png
213 KB, 924x798
>>73690325
>Do you deny that humans are burning fossil fuels?
nope
nopey
nope
hmm, nopoe
Erm, why yes I do!
>pic related
>>
>>73695598
>sheckleing intensifies
>>
>>73689853
It was real as seen as Earth as a celestial object formed. It will be real even after humanity goes extinct. State your point!
>>
>>73690325
no

no

It doesn't quite work that way, but if you meant CO2 absorbs certain wavelengths, then - no, I don't deny that.

That is open to debate. Best answer is - we don't know.
1. The records of average temperatures have been often manipulated by various organizations to make them appear rising. There are plenty of examples. Temperature extremes of the past erased as "outliers", number of measurement stations drastically reduced, with large arctic areas being basically averaged from a few points. Original raw temperature records being barred from release, etc.
2. Areas around measurement stations have changed in the past decades. Some of them were standing in the open nature - now surrounded by urbanized areas, paved roads, installations that produce heat, etc. Many measurement stations are located at the airfields - and the traffic has increased a lot.
All this makes the measurements extremely inaccurate, and therefore - we simply don't have objective data.

Solar activity was increased in the past decades. Solar activity records of the past are available - it is directly linked to the number of sun spots and these have been regularly recorded for some two centuries now.
>>
>>73695018
>blocking some of the sunlight with perhaps a large array of mirrors which could orbit the earth.
holy fuck we're at least 100 years before even having the technology to do something like that
the moon hardly blocks out any part of the surface when a eclipse occurs, and it's fucking huge
>>
>>73695964
>Maximum daily temperature in the US

How many different datasets do think they tried before they got one that fit their explanation? Any graph that doesn't use global average temperature is nonsense
>>
>>73695750
>The Sahara Desert was GREEN 6000 years ago
antartica was a jungle a few million years ago too
>>
>>73695750
cool story bro , do you know that 6000 years ago the moon was in a different part of the galaxy, and was towed here by reptillians from the constellation draco kek perhaps the moon coming here has something to do with that desert going all dry.

or the flood 6000 years ago washed away all the trees and top soil.

or india had a nuclear war with flying viamanas armed with old skool nuclear warheads.

6000 years ago in a galaxy far far away.

top-kek
>>
>>73694676
Where is the temperature change after Tsar-bomb exposion?
>>
>>73695306
>your country is islands
Mainland greece is very mountainous though
>>
>>73689853
Global warming is real, but its not the main problem. The planet and its flora and fauna will survive that. The big problem is pollution and stuff like deforestation. Of course these are things you can't blame on the general population but on the corporations and so on.
They need global warming to let people it's their fault.
>>
>>73692102
>people have made poorshit predictions
>all previous made predictions about how much CO2 would affect average temperature has been BTFO by actual data provided from present time measurements
>keeps believing these predictions
>bb-but these are NEW PREDICTIONS YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG YET

kek
>>
File: 720px-temp-sunspot-co22.png (107 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
720px-temp-sunspot-co22.png
107 KB, 720x540
>>73696208
If your entire argument is that we can't accurately measure global temperature then that is pretty weak shit bro
>>
>>73692102
This topic is exhausting--not because it's difficult to rebut your actual positions, but because most of what you're saying is just rhetorical bullshit. Debating this with people becomes more of a semantic debate than anything.

It's just a fucking waste of time.

The comic to which you replied sums up the heart of the issue nicely, and most everything else is just misleading language and nonsense designed to distract people from the real science involved.
>>
>>73696402
>>73696412

But it's true. I know you don't believe me, but it's absolutely true. They've even found petroglyphs in the middle of the Sahara depicting grasslands and animals like giraffes. Sorry that MUH CLIMATE CHANGE isn't created by humans, but you should be relieved
>>
>>73696327
How predictable (unlike global temperature).

http://sppiblog.org/news/rises-of-co2-and-temperature-do-not-correlate

https://works.bepress.com/raymond_bradley/52/

and so on...
>>
>>73696729
To be honest I agree.

My main thesis is that humans have exceeded the carrying capacity of Earth and our current growth in consumption is unsustainable, meaning that at some point we're going to hit a wall and lots of people are going to die. Personally I think with current levels of population growth and consumption it's likely to start happening within the next couple of decades. Climate change is just a proxy effect.
>>
>>73694756
>2 degrees
>nothing
>>
>>73696990
China already has an 1 kid policy. Just end the niggs and the curry niggs and the sands
>>
File: overpopulation.jpg (47 KB, 620x428) Image search: [Google]
overpopulation.jpg
47 KB, 620x428
>>73696990
>My main thesis is that humans have exceeded the carrying capacity of Earth and our current growth in consumption is unsustainable
And you base that on what?
>at some point we're going to hit a wall and lots of people are going to die
That sounds plausible, but that doesn't even necessarily follow from your first point, much less imply anything in particular
>>
Climate changes every day. Cold at night and warm in the morning, faggot.
>>
>>73696630
well fuck them ,coporations must fucking die first. but the mega corps have all the politicians bought and paid for.

we only have ourseleves to blame encouraging shit like star wars ,nfl.macdonalds,world cups ,mars bars.coca cola.etc

we are living in toxic hell.
>>
>>73689853
1.5 C is pretty cold though and your graph never even hit that line. It was 22 C hot where I live, and this is supposed to be a cold region.

How do you even come up with this bullshit?
>>
>>73697245
>1.5 C is pretty cold though
Please be bait
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>73694956
> I didn't mean that short
Too short for what?

Planet manages to cool down in winter and to heat up in summer.

If anything influences the average number - first it`s deserts, that are mostly created by arabs. Sahara did not existed before mudslimes overrun the place.

Mudslimes in USSR take over the Aral Sea area - *boom* - no more Aral sea, just desert.

Want to fight average temperature number - fight deserts and arabs that cause them.

Gaddafi tried to terraform deserts with crops. France bombed him out of existence. Saddam tried fungi and desert plants. Bombed out of existence by his american allies after showing the retarded pictures, that resemble the saddams experimental fertilizer-manufacturing plants.
>>
>>73697102
Overuse of resources, deforestation, depletion of groundwater reserves, soil degradation, environmental pollution, the list of ways in which humans are negatively affecting the environment is pretty endless. Maybe we will find a way to negate all that and keep growing but I think it's pretty unlikely.
>>73696894
I don't particularly enjoy debating about particular graphs because it's boring af but both of the graphs in the first link use limited datasets and only go up to the 90s
>>
>>73696990
people die every fucking day anon.

fear fear fear

pay more tax dollar to your climate overlords,listen to all these educated talking head idots spout there fantasy storys >muh science > muh buzz words like UNSUSTAINABLE
CURRENT GROWTH
CONSUMPTION.

FEAR

tax shekels fear
>>
>>73694418
There weren't weather station all over the world nor were there people around to record the data. The numbers are fudged and the scientists are paid by taxes. If nothing is wrong then they might have to get another job.
>>
>>73697484
>Overuse of resources, deforestation, depletion of groundwater reserves, soil degradation, environmental pollution, the list of ways in which humans are negatively affecting the environment is pretty endless
Having a list of buzzwords and ways that you PERCEIVE us affecting these things is not relevant--don't you understand that? The fact that something does have an affect (this is just rhetorical) does not mean that it is significant or even noteworthy in practice. You don't describe relative significance at all--it's like you just listened to too many female public school teachers and NPR broadcasts growing up or something
>>
>>73695598
> lack of water.
it's either hot, and precipitates more, causing plants to do better.
Or it's cooler, and everything is the same, with no warming.
>>
>>73692439

>this is what Russians actually believe
>>
>>73697245
Anon..
>>
>>73697600
>It's scary so I'm going to ignore it

>>73697661
You think there is an infinite amount of oil to burn? An infinite number of trees to cut down? They are buzzwords because people use them a lot because they are massive problems that we have no solution to.
>>
File: 1453264893151748537.jpg (109 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
1453264893151748537.jpg
109 KB, 800x531
>>73697840
> i cant disprove that or just say anything meaningfull, so i`ll just be ironic
>>
>>73697765
>More heat means more rain
>the Sahara is wetter than the UK
>Mexico is wetter than Canada

How does it feel to be this wrong?
>>
>>73697055
>2 degrees
>in 150 years
Holy shit, another degree and all life on Earth will become extinct
>>
>>73689853
>1.5c
Heh
>>
>>73696645
I never said that we can't measure global temperature. I told you that the record data has been manipulated and there are plenty of examples demonstrating that.
>>
>>73696990
>>73697968
The only solution to cutting world population is the practice of deep ecology.
Which in turn would cause the death of hundreds of millions of niggers in backwater countries.
>>
>>73698268

Your own country's space program disproves it you vodka soaked twat
>>
>>73694817
okay but just so you know i am going to your country as refugee if my shit floods
>>
>>73689853
>Not knowing about the little ice age.

During the nordic bronze age, Scandinavia had the same temperature that the modern northern France have
>>
File: Picking cherries.jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
Picking cherries.jpg
8 KB, 260x194
>>73690029
>statistical blip

LOOK GUYS SEE IT'S TOTALLY FINE BECAUSE THIS SINGLE DATA POINT IS OUT OF WHACK.

>what is line of best fit

You should honestly kill yourself and save your family the shame of being associated with you.
>>
File: TvsTSI.png (396 KB, 2889x2209) Image search: [Google]
TvsTSI.png
396 KB, 2889x2209
>>73697484
Hmm, I see a pattern here. Whatever evidence I may bring to the party is summarily dismissed by any of it's exclusions.

graph showing no correlation between CO2 and temperature increase
>not global
graph showing no correlation between CO2 and temperature increase
>not current

good luck with your shilling and shekels
>>
>>73698393
Deep ecology will never happen unfortunately

"Our age has witnessed the gas chambers and many other atrocities. On a global scale, the main problem is not the inflation of human life, but its ever-increasing, mindless over-valuation. Emphasis on the inalienable right to life of foetuses, premature infants and the brain-dead has become a kind of collective mental illness. The same phenomenon can be observed in the absurd history of capital punishment: when there were five million people on Earth, it was a self-evident fact that the death sentence might be enforced upon the most twisted members of the human community. Now that there are five billion people, one society after another is shirking away from the execution of even the most diabolical criminals. Amnesty International bitterly complains about the few countries that still endorse capital punishment. Unrelentingly, new means of rescue are being developed, so that helicopters might be able to fish out every raving mad fisherman who has ventured into a storm with a boat made of bark, thus salvaging another unique and irreplaceable individual from the embrace of the waves. The mind boggles.
In themselves, legalising euthanasia, re-instating capital punishment and abolishing overzealous rescue services would not have any significant impact on the population growth. Yet, as a matter of principle, these actions would be extremely important. As long as distorted practices prevail, an insane respect towards human life will reign: thus, even the possibility of a solution to the population explosion will be lost, and all lifeboats will sink into the depths of the sea."
>>
File: how science works.jpg (130 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
how science works.jpg
130 KB, 800x572
>>73698401
> if you don't believe my scientists, then believe "your" scientists
Why would I?
>>
File: 1460175807697.jpg (86 KB, 817x571) Image search: [Google]
1460175807697.jpg
86 KB, 817x571
>>73689853
Temperature changes. It always has, it always will. On and on forever

Greenhouses actually artificially increase their CO2 levels to four or five times atmospheric levels. The plants love it, and grow 5 times faster. The air above a grass field actually has less than 1/2 the CO2 as the air above a city street, because the plants are greedily sucking the CO2 out of the air.

CO2 is incredibly beneficial to plant growth. It's estimated that if we doubled the CO2 content in the air, we would almost double the plant growth rate worldwide. This would be an explosion of biodiversity unlike anything we've seen before. More plants means more animals. Crop yields would double. This would be an enormous benefit to all mankind, at the possible cost of a fraction of a degree of warming.

Gasoline is compressed biomass. The Carbon contained within it originally came from the air. Humans are simply returning that unproductive Carbon back to the air where it can once again be used in the life cycle.

Back in the Dino days, CO2 levels were 5 times higher, and the planet was a tropical paradise. The land was so productive, it could support gigantic creatures the size of a house
>>
>>73698590
I think we must kill all anglos, if they insist so much on capital punishments.
>>
>>73698576
Neither of the graphs were global. That one pretty much proves my point.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 638x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 638x640
>>73695598
Wow.
>>
>>73698270
>geography doesn't matter
>>
>>73698714
You do realise that the problem with rising CO2 levels isn't the rising CO2 levels right? It's the massive crop failures that come with rising temperature and unpredictable weather patterns.
>>
>>73698961

NO MAN THE PLANTS LOVE IT
>>
>>73698961
>Massive crop failure
What are you even talking about? I just explained that greenhouses artificially trap heat, and pump up their CO2 levels to multiples of what is naturally in the atmosphere. The result isn't crop failure, it's an explosion of plant growth.

Do plants not grow in the tropics near the equator where it's much much hotter? Or do they actually grow better?
>>
Plants release the carbon when they die.
>>
I suspect this planet might be rigged to fall into an ice age as soon as we reach a certain point of technological advancement. We're just about there. The ice is going to kill more than 99% of humanity and annihilate nearly all traces of our civilization. Our ancestors will know little to nothing about us, and they'll make up their own myths regarding Atlantis, the pyramids, and so forth, with our own artifacts adding a new chapter to the mystery. Eventually, a secret organization will reverse engineer some of the lost technology, and thus begin the countdown to the next global freeze.
>>
>>73698961
Check out this article

http://phys.org/news/2016-04-co2-fertilization-greening-earth.html

Satellites are observing a general "greening" of the Earth

Plants are growing more leaves, forests are becoming denser. Deserts are shrinking. Scrappy bushland is getting thick with vegetation. All of this is happening as CO2 levels rise
>>
>>73699197
Thanks for weighing in, guy.
>>
File: 1443163150515.png (610 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1443163150515.png
610 KB, 800x800
>>73698457

>i'm gonna chimp out bc gibsmedat ur solid land kraka and get shot by a border/coast guard

k
>>
File: life-expectancy-map.gif (14 KB, 600x279) Image search: [Google]
life-expectancy-map.gif
14 KB, 600x279
>>73699187
>Let's make everything more like the equator, that'll be great for humans!
>>
File: 1434053978102.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1434053978102.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>73699187
>>73699426
>>73699003
Yeah they love the carbon for growth.

But how do you guys think they're going to deal with THE CHANGING WEATHER PATTERNS.

Like I said, the problems not the CO2, it's what the CO2 does to the current atmospheric balance.

Not to mention the fact that rising CO2 levels lead to a greater build up of carbonic acid in the oceans which screws over smaller stuff like Plankton, which forms the first link in the ocean food chain?
>>
File: Earth Greening.jpg (31 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Earth Greening.jpg
31 KB, 800x480
>>73699426
>"We were able to tie the greening largely to the fertilizing effect of rising atmospheric CO2 concentration by tasking several computer models to mimic plant growth observed in the satellite data," says co-author Prof. Ranga Myneni of the Department of Earth and Environment at Boston University, USA. Burning oil, gas, coal and wood for energy releases CO2 in to the air.

>Every year, about one-half of the 10 billion tons of carbon emitted in to the atmosphere from human activities remains temporarily stored, in about equal parts, in the oceans and plants.
>"While our study did not address the connection between greening and carbon storage in plants, other studies have reported an increasing carbon sink on land since the 1980s, which is entirely consistent with the idea of a greening Earth," says coauthor Prof. Shilong Piao of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Center for Excellence in Tibetan Plateau Earth Science, Beijing, China.
>>
File: 1433493359071.jpg (29 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
1433493359071.jpg
29 KB, 313x470
>>73699003

/thread

>warmer climate
>more active weather cycle: more humidity
>niggers literally boiled alive
>Jew York and London swallowed by the sea, Gott finally strafe England
>more co2 = better crops, smaller insects and other non lung breathing vermin

KEEP PUMPING GUYS, NEVER STOP!!!
>>
>>73699623
How have they dealt with changing weather patterns in the past over the long course of history?

Answer: they deal with it. Life is not some precarious balance, it's a homeostatic, self regulating system.

In general, things will be better rather than worse. Cold temperatures are absolutely toxic to life.
>>
File: radiative-forcing.jpg (28 KB, 756x424) Image search: [Google]
radiative-forcing.jpg
28 KB, 756x424
>>73690325
everyone does. there's just too many people who won't admit they were wrong about the anthropogenic contribution.
>>
>>73695598
>Yes I deny that CO2 is causing vegetation to do great. North and South America, North Africa, the Middle East, India and China are all suffering from droughts at the moment and having to cut agricultural output because of the lack of water.

>lack of water
What the fuck does that have to do with CO2?
>>
>>73698576
>temperature change, not temperature index
completely disingenuous, and you fell for it. awesome.
>>
>>73692102
>falsify existing contrary data
>can't replicate experiments showing this data
>refuse to publish some experiments for peer review on secrecy grounds
>use bogus climate model programs designed to give the same range of numbers no matter what input is used
>muh 99%

t. 1%er physicist
>>
File: Cali-Drought.jpg (232 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Cali-Drought.jpg
232 KB, 1200x800
>>73699676
I'm aware of this, and just like the Greenhouse effect and rising temperatures it's totally in line with the science, but as I've said before what happens when the major breadbaskets of the world start receiving less and less rain.

We're already draining aquifers at a staggering rate, what happens when rainfall declines in those areas?

Imagine what happens to America if the farmbelt was to dry up?

I mean really though I'm not worried about Global warming, even assuming worst case scenarios Scotland will be fine, Loch Ness alone has more Freshwater in it than England and Wales combined and Scotland is mostly above sea level and when the Clyde floods my house get's to be on a nice wee island, it's gonna be comfy as fuck senpai.
>>
File: Indigenous IQ.jpg (110 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
Indigenous IQ.jpg
110 KB, 1000x625
>>73699600
Actually it's a lot easier to survive in tropical regions. That's why people who evolved in those regions developed lower IQ's, smaller brains, and spray and pray mating patterns.

The reason high IQ populations developed in Europe and Asia is precisely because of the harsh winters and scarcity of food that made larger brains a worthwhile investment to survival.

The reason life expectancies are lower in Africa and South America and other non-white regions is because the people are largely low functioning and unable to manage a technologically sophisticated society (average IQ in Africa is 67)
>>
>>73699807
Human history is only about 10,000 years, during which weather patterns and temperatures have been stable. Life may thrive but human societies rely on agriculture, which need stable, predictable climate conditions. Adding energy into the system will make agriculture less viable.
>>
>>73697968
>An infinite number of trees to cut down?
>he doesn't know the u.s. has more trees now than before whites came

absolute pleb tier education
>>
>>73699807
You misunderstand my point, I'm obviously not putting it across correctly.

I'm not saying that life ends, it'll keep on trucking away same as it always has but what happens to our societies when we start losing arable land? What happens when extreme weather events become common place?
>>
>>73699900
CO2 causes rising temperatures which causes a lack of water. Keep up.
>>
>>73689853
>milankovich cycles are not the cause of this it's totally humans guys

You should be bitching about ocean acidification, that's what is going to kill us.
>>
>>73700166
>CO2 causes rising temperatures
[citation needed]
>>
>>73700014
But isn't it the story that more CO2 leads to more water vapor in the atmosphere? Why do you think this would lead to less rainfall?

Even going by the absolute worst forecasts, the planet should only experience an average warming of a degree or two. This won't lead to significant draughts the way you've depicted in your picture.
>>
>>73699809
Solar activity has been declining in the past decade as we drop to a solar minimum.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/08jan_sunclimate/

Even then solar activity still remains fairly consistent.
>>
>>73690146
Humans didn't evolve for those climates and last time we had an ice age, we also had a mass extinction.

>we own this bitch
>we don't have an effect on climate
>>
>>73699623

again, remind me why should i give a fuck about the acidic ocean.

>the world won't be able to sustain so many ppl

good, there are too many shits anyway, the sooner England falls, the better

>muh Tridents, muh nuclear power

no, you are pussies. Let the pakis slaughter you already. No one gives a fuck.
>>
File: 1462824042806.jpg (40 KB, 355x417) Image search: [Google]
1462824042806.jpg
40 KB, 355x417
>>73700166
>causes lack of water

Is that so, where does this fucking water all go then?
>>
>>73700014
loch ness would be brackish you idiot
>>
>>73690325
Do you deny that people (in the Northern Hemisphere) sometimes spin around clockwise?
Do you deny that such spinning increases the angular momentum of the earth?
Do you deny that increased angular momentum will cause the earth to rotate, which causes day/night cycles?
Do you deny that there are day/night cycles?
Do you have a better explanation?

Yes, to both of our questions.
Maybe, just maybe, that's how the earth behaves *regardless* of human action.
>>
>>73700067
You want so badly to believe the doomsday scenario that you're constructing it in your mind irregardless of the evidence.

Where is the evidence that weather patterns will change significantly? You've still got the same land formations, the same ocean currents, the same seasons....etc.

10,000 years is a long fucking time. Are you trying to say we've never experienced any disruptions during that time period?
>>
>>73690486
I love how 5 years ago the argument was that the there is no climate change. Now conservashits are moving the goalpost. 5 years from now, you'll be saying...ok humans have a slight impact but it's not necessarily a bad thing. 5 years later you'll be saying, well it is a bad thing but not as bad as people say it is and besides we have the technology to handle it so it's not a big deal. 20 years later you'll say, see we handled it, I don't know why everyone was freaking out.
>>
>>73700239
Greenhouse effect
>>
>>73700166

>rising temperature
>lack of water

on the contrary, you shitty memer

this means more water evaporating from the seas, a more active weather cycle and more humidity over solid land, more perspiration

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/news-events/press-releases/2014/new-study-confirms-water-vapor-as-global-warming-amplifier

keep up with the dank memes
>>
>>73700014
Yorkshire here, it's going to be comfy as fuck watching the world burn in our island paradise.
>>
File: 1433007451272.gif (2 MB, 296x142) Image search: [Google]
1433007451272.gif
2 MB, 296x142
>>73700250
I don't think it will necessarily lead to less or more rainfall, but I believe it'll lead to rainfall in different areas.

With rising temperatures we see increased melting of glaciers and ices across the Globe, the problem is that water then makes it's way to the oceans and the changing balance between fresh and saltwater can alter the flow of ocean currents, which then alters weather patterns. There's no guarantees that rain will fall where it still does or will fall where it's needed.

The whole two degrees thing isn't a worst forecast, that's the worst it can go while REMAINING in a condition similar to what it is now.

>>73700239
Infrared spectroscopy would like a word with you, as would Svante Arrhenius.

Seriously we've been aware of the greenhouse effect for over 100 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svante_Arrhenius#Greenhouse_effect
>>
>>73700146
Why would we lose arable land? I don't understand this. CO2 is a fertilizer for plant growth.

You think a 1 degree difference in warming is going to dry up all the farms into deserts? You've already got like a 5 degree swing in the average from year to year. The farms deal with it just fine
>>
>>73694934

Holy fuck this guy's retarded

Yeah fucking volcanos emit the same gases and look what happens to society when a fucking huge one erupts. When Krakatoa erupted in the 1800's places around the Earth went into famine

What the fuck is wrong with people? Holy shit
>>
>>73690325
The sooner you realize that OPEC is behind the environmentalist movement here in the States and how decimated our energy sector is, the more you'll realize that the Saudis are just pushing this to secure the world oil market. That's something that cuckposters like you would never understand.
>>
>>73700541

we will gain arable land in Siberia
>>
>>73694604
>hotter weather is better for the economy
Fuck you. Try living where I live during the summer.
>>
>>73700448
There is warmer temperatures, but I forgot to notice what >>73700451 (thanks f-am) said. Also, how do you plan to stop CO2 from being emitted? Almost every single mammalian organism breathes in oxygen and releases CO2.
>>
File: 1428347718406.jpg (75 KB, 350x383) Image search: [Google]
1428347718406.jpg
75 KB, 350x383
>>73700285
>why should I care about an ocean that can barely support life

Because the overwhelming majority of the worlds population survives on seafood, because fishing is a massive industry in most countries?

Well actually I should specify, it's a concern for most real countries, unlike yours.
>>
>>73700539
Glaciers have been melting for hundreds of thousands of years. The reason Canada has so many lakes is because the entire continent was crushed under the weight of a massive ice sheet. The reason the Great Plains of the USA are flat is because sliding glaciers carved away all the hills and mountains.

Compared to that, how much melting are we really expecting to see?
>>
>>73700742
>Because the overwhelming majority of the worlds population survives on seafood
Citation overly needed. The only country that I know of that consumes high volumes of seafood is Japan.
>>
File: kurultaj_312076.jpg (81 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
kurultaj_312076.jpg
81 KB, 960x640
>>73700742

if the shitskins and island dweller anglos starve to death I'm going to laugh all the way to the bank

GOTT STRAFE ENGLAND

THE STEPPE WILL RISE AGAIN

GREATER TURAN GLORY
>>
>>73695018
We can switch to nuclear power plants right now. Nuclear fusion reactors are down the pipe. Tesla is making electric cars viable.

We have solutions we are working on. There are people who reject these things and not because these things are bad but simply to spite those that believe in climate change.
>>
File: 1431629640509.jpg (153 KB, 1024x760) Image search: [Google]
1431629640509.jpg
153 KB, 1024x760
>>73700297
>brackish

It's a Freshwater Loch friend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ness

>Loch Ness (/ˌlɒx ˈnɛs/; Scottish Gaelic: Loch Nis, [l̪ˠɔxˈniʃ]) is a large, deep, freshwater loch in the Scottish Highlands extending for approximately 23 miles (37 km) southwest of Inverness.
>>
>>73689853
>>73689987
>>73690053
>>73690146
The problem isnt that the climate is changing, its the rate at which it is changing which is stressing the ecology to its limits. Weve had ice ages, times when the average earth temp was several degrees above average, earth goes through several different climate cycles in a hundred thousand years . The thing is, those changes in temperature and climate took thousands of years to occur, which gave plant life and animals enough time to evolve and adapt through natural,selection, hence despite going through several ice ages, we still have animal and plant life. The problem we face today is that rate of change that may have taken thousands of years are only taking a few hundred years due to industrialisation and the increase in greenhouse gases. That rate of change is increasing as much of the world industrialises. This has meant there are many species under threst of extinction and plant life are dying due to intense flanctuations in temperature and rainfall.
>>
File: 1431379468513.jpg (53 KB, 402x413) Image search: [Google]
1431379468513.jpg
53 KB, 402x413
>>73700859
>Britain
>Starve

Yeah well done, every country in the UK is up to it's neck in Freshwater lochs and lakes left over from the last glacial period, I guarantee you that if there was a global water crisis we'd feel it less than Hungary.

>mfw Hungary entirely collapses due to water shortages, industrial collapse and subsequent civil unrest while we can take multiple showers a day.
>>
File: 475.jpg (35 KB, 375x356) Image search: [Google]
475.jpg
35 KB, 375x356
>>73700437
>irregardless
Bro I like your point but that's not a word.
>>
>>73696630
>the planet and its flora and fauna will survive that.
No actually they wont. Animals can't adapt like humans can adapt their surroundings to them. We are in the 6th great extinction event as we speak. Sure new creatures will come out of that but many will die and it will take some time. I'm quite happy with the creatures we have now and I think most people would also like to preserve them.
>>
>>73700437
10,000 years is a very short time in geological terms, and no, we haven't had any disruptions as big as the current one during that period
>>
File: 1432998885454.jpg (116 KB, 500x744) Image search: [Google]
1432998885454.jpg
116 KB, 500x744
>>73700856
https://www.msc.org/healthy-oceans/the-oceans-today/fish-as-food

No you're right, it's nbot as large as I remembered but it is still a sizeable section of humanity.

Bear in mind though that fishing industries are a large source of income for a lot of coastal regions.

>>73700793
Well we're currently expecting to see most of the Greenland ice sheet to go and that's going to be pretty soon since the water is actually pooling under the Glaciers to some degree increasing the rate of melting.
>>
>>73697661
>buzzwords
I don't think you know what that word means. Buzzword isn't actually a buzzword.
>>
>>73700911

>muh fusion power
>muh ITER
>muh laser induced chain reaction
>muh 3 competing technologies
>t-t-they will be ready in uhh 20 years
>always 20 years
>since the eighties
>but for realz this time
>gib more funding goy
>shekelsignofrubbinghands.ascii

simply ebin

that being said, fusion research is worth the money like the Moon project, simply because all the material scientific and other technologic breakthroughs they achieved, but it's the great goldmaking alchemy maymay of our times

also imagine cheap, really dirt cheap and massive amount of energy produced on the Earth's surfice

if people will be able to waste and use abundant amounts of energy from nuclear fusion it'll cause a REAL FUCKING GLOBAL WARMING
>>
>>73701375
I have no argument here, source looks okay.
Argument aside, nice pic friendo
>>
I think people need to look at the upside: we found a way to thermo-regulate the Earth.

But overall, I'm really skeptical that global warming will be catastrophic. Will most likely just be expensive to mitigate.

Technology is already fixing the problem as well.
>>
>>73698714
>temperature changes
I love how you fags spit this out like you've discovered the holy grail for arguing this topic.
Yes temperature changes, that's called climate.
>>
>>73689853
Do you notice how the temperature has risen in correlation with the human population? Basically it's because of overpopulation. We need more resources for more people, which means we have to produce more to sustain more. The population was 1 billion people around 100 years ago, it is now approaching 9 billion.

If we would start nuking China which contributes upwards to 30% to global green house gases and houses majority of the population, nuke India, and nuke most of the middle east we would solve overpopulation. Countries like America, Canada, Australia, Britan contribute less to GHG yet are the countries that seem to be paying the most for it.

Blame the chinks in China and the shitskins in India and most of the middle east (Saudia Arabia) for the rise in global temperatures. Our economy would be stronger and our world would be healthier without these people in it.
>>
File: ApatheticPorcupine.jpg (159 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
ApatheticPorcupine.jpg
159 KB, 640x426
>>73701494
Jesus Christ every time you post all you do is demonstrate that Hungarians shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on matters of import.
>>
File: water_res_per_cap.png (154 KB, 940x469) Image search: [Google]
water_res_per_cap.png
154 KB, 940x469
>>73701124

>water shortage in Hungary

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73701529
>already fixing the problem

You what? If anything the problems have only just started.

Seriously you're gonna have to back up those claims.
>>
>>73701494
I didn't mean to imply fusion was here right now. Just that nuclear fission reactors and electric vehicles are.

The current fusion projects look pretty promising. They've ran at least one that I know of for some super short amount of time but still that's a big step.
>>
>>73701803
The rise in cheap renewable is already fixing the problem in first world nations.

Problem is the third world can't afford those technologies yet, so they have to rely on fossil fuels. For now.
>>
>>73692711
You're an unemployed loser who doesn't pay taxes anyway. Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: Holy shit you really think that.jpg (214 KB, 1542x2012) Image search: [Google]
Holy shit you really think that.jpg
214 KB, 1542x2012
>>73701734
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ER.H2O.INTR.PC/countries?page=1&display=map

Yeah nah cunt.
>>
>>73701716
I agree with your point but those are literally the countries with the highest emissions per capita
>>
>>73695598
>CO2 is responsible for most of the current warming

And what's responsible for most of the CO2?
>>
>>73702014
They absolutely can afford it, solar has reached grid parity with coal in a lot of places, it's why Africa and India are investing heavily into solar.

There's still the issue of CO2 already in the atmosphere which will be absorbed by the oceans.
>>
>>73694817
1. Higher elevation/latitudes are affected the worst

2. Correct soil composition will NOT be sustainable on top of a mountain

3. NO ONE will be fleeing to the mountains because they will be the most uninhabitable zones
>>
File: 1434544330637.jpg (276 KB, 2506x1248) Image search: [Google]
1434544330637.jpg
276 KB, 2506x1248
>>73701730

well what do you think will happen if nuclear fusion plants will start churning out heat of biblical proportions, when we can't irradiate what's coming here from the Sun according to your memes?

you're dumb as a rock
>>
>>73690814
>more CO2 is good mkay

Damn the industrial lobby got into pol too it seems
It would be all nice and fair if
>wetness is horrible
It leads to respiratoral problems, furthers the growth of fungus inside houses etc
>more plants and trees
Yeah sounds nice, just guess this: we are having less and less forests and such due to industrialisation and urbanisation.
>forgetting about smog
It is really nice to see how you go on as if people in, lets say, some Chinese industrial city, have a 20-30 years lower life expectancy due to them breathing a single day being equal to smoking a few boxes of cigs.

I mean it is simple, any factory owner would deny setting up filters or so, then he should be hanged, all of his property taken, and his family sent to a deat... I mean conc... I mean labo... I mean rehabilitation camp.
>>
>>73702147
Humans. This is literally the entire point of the thread, are you thick or something?
>>
File: 1461652845376.gif (1 MB, 435x331) Image search: [Google]
1461652845376.gif
1 MB, 435x331
>>73702069
>>73701734
Oh and also:

http://www.gov.scot/Resource/Doc/350693/0117519.pdf

>With total annual renewable water resources standing at some 15,000 cubic
meters per capita, Scotland is 10 times more water-rich than England &
Wales.

That line also means we have 5,000 litres above and beyond what Hungary has.
>>
File: Balatoni panoráma.jpg (1 MB, 1920x612) Image search: [Google]
Balatoni panoráma.jpg
1 MB, 1920x612
>>73702069

shitty meme

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2201.html

>Hungary 104 cu km (2011)
>United Kingdom 147 cu km (2011)

you don't even have proper lakes or rivers on your shitty island
>>
>>73695598
>scientific consensus

Is it the same """scientific""" consensus that predicted few years ago that average temperature would raise by 1.5C by now when its only gone up 0.05C?
Is it the same """scientific""" consensus that's been going on about melting polar ice and tundras and then its shows that these polar caps and tundras melt and grow each year and in fact they've grown more than what they've melted in recent years?
Is it the same 95% agrees "scientific"" consensus that's actually been shown to be fucking cherry picked and actually only represent less than 12% of the field?
Do they also happen to be called mexican intellectuals?
>>
>>73702361
>only stupid people ask questions

Most of the Earth's CO2 comes from humans? I suppose I'll have to take your word for it.
>>
It's real

Humans aren't contributing to it as much as people like to believe
>>
>>73701494
Developing fusion will be like developing the first combustion engine. Both are considered very important technological endeavours of their times. Both took or will take a long time to be realised. The modern combustion engine design took more than a century and many thoisands of engineers to be refined before it became useful in most of its applications, but every knew it was well worth the investment. Similarly, fusion will take decades to be developed, but it will be worth it and it will be perhaps the thing that will,determine who will be the next superpower.
A working fusion reactor with commerical value would probably propel us to the 2nd Industrial revolution aswell as AI and Austomation. We are running out of cheap fossil fuel and renewables arent enough to supply the world with baseload power. Fusion is also whats needed for space exploration
>>
>>73702227
>heat escaping from nuclear fusion plants
>when we can't irradiate what's coming here from the Sun

So I think you might be retarded because:

1. The whole idea with nuclear fusion is to retain heat to maintain the reaction, so we'll be minimising heat loss.

2.This statement made absolutely no sense whatsoever, but I assume you meant reradiate what comes from the sun. If that's the case then we already do, the entire problem is that rising CO2 acts like a blanket trapping that heat, so you use fusion in order to maintain power without increasing CO2 and in fact devote some of the energy to trapping CO2 thereby increasing our ability to reradiate that excess heat back into space.

Also you seem to have some bizarre idea that performing fusion on Earth is practically going to cook the planet alive, mate heat generated by fusion on Earth will be a flash in the pan.

>You're dumb as a rock

The lack of self awareness is genuinely staggering.
>>
>>73700577
>ash spreads around the world
>blame the CO2

top jej
>>
>>73702726
Okay that was mean I apologise. Yes, CO2 has increased from 280 ppm to 400 ppm over the last couple of hundred years. The reason for this is because we've been digging up coal, oil and gas and burning it to power our excessive lifestyles. CO2 absorbs heat so the Earth's temperature is rising, which is going to cause pretty major problems for agricultural society in the near future.

>>73702714
It's gone up by 1C and is still rising
Arctic sea ice is shrinking, the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are both melting.
>>
>>73699784
>niggers literally boiled alive

brb buying a Hummer H3
>>
>>73703126
Antarctic sheets are growing ahmed
>>
File: duna.jpg (50 KB, 645x403) Image search: [Google]
duna.jpg
50 KB, 645x403
>>73702793

Do you know how a fucking thermonuclear power plant works?

The word "thermo" should give away.

And I said that it'd be nice to have fusion power ofc.

But if it'll just become available at one moment, it'll be probably fairly cheap and if people will start to exploit it and rev up the power production it'll lead to and ACTUAL disaster, because it'll be very easy to produce a shit ton of electricity with heat, but even utilizing so much electricity can lead to an actual, serious global warming.

look at what's China doing now. And the other countries where ppl are breeding like rabbits are far worse. If the jooz will use the cheap power to expand the industrial production under the guise of "developing" these countries, it'll be horrible.

Sure, modern technology is now heading towards energy efficiency, and a sort of frugality with materials and power. And this is a very good thing and should be encouraged. Cheap electricity can easily destroy this progress.

Look at what Venezuela was doing, what any oil exporting country is doing. They are wasting huge amounts of oil to keep the domestic oil and electricity prices extremely low to please the population.

In the hand of such a leftist regime cheap electricity in itself can be utterly destructive.

Pic is an actual river.
>>
>>73689853

What is natural warming cycle in a post interglacial period
>>
>>73701734

The results for the UK are likely skewed by England, which is overpopulated

Scotland, Ireland and Wales have plentiful water supplies
>>
>>73695018
>we could do the mirror plan and reflect back some portion of the sunlight reaching us at a reasonable cost
What is space debris?
What is 1,600,000 km^2 of mirror?
What is a reasonable cost?
>>
>>73692439
>particles float in either
its ether comrade
>>
>>73703559
If it was a post interglacial period, we'd be going into another glacial, so it'd be cooling
>>
>>73690325

Obviously we are.

Of course they do.

It's not as simple as that. If it was then more CO2 being released would directly mean the temperature going up. This is not what we see. From about 1940 the world saw following the war a massive expansion in idustrial production and with it CO2 release. The temperature went down. Since about the year 2000 we've not stopped putting CO2 into the atmosphere - we're putting it out faster than ever, but the temperature is not shooting up to keep pace.

It has been. It's not right now.

Yes. The sun.
>>
>>73704062
See >>73689853

You're just wrong about temperature
>>
File: Sunspot-Cycle.png (120 KB, 800x340) Image search: [Google]
Sunspot-Cycle.png
120 KB, 800x340
>>73700260
>Solar activity has been declining in the past decade as we drop to a solar minimum.

Yeah, and funnily enough the temperature has stopped going up.

Also we are still FAR above any recorded solar minimum. Pic related.
>>
>>73703505
>Utilizing so much electricity can lead to an actual, serious global warming.
The Hungary education system produces some results huh. It's not that the method of producing the used electricity causes it. It's that the increased usage requires increased production and the production (through oil/coal/gas burning) is on of the reasons pollution is occurring. Electricity doesn't pollute the atmosphere u mongoloid.
>>
File: global_temp_yearly_2.png (230 KB, 5728x3744) Image search: [Google]
global_temp_yearly_2.png
230 KB, 5728x3744
>>73704193
Oh am I? Pic related, notice 2000 onwards.
>>
>>73703505
also all fucking electricity is generated by heat becuse all power generation is making shit hot to boil water to make steam spin turbines (a simple way of explaining it), can you actually just read a book instead of listening to whatever the fuck you're getting you're autism from
>>
>>73704469
>Posts a graph showing clear warming to disprove warming
also looks like that is about six years out of date, which the OP isn't
>>
>>73704407

It's not air pollution you dumb fuck. It's the amount of heat that's freed from the nuclear bond and used here on the surface.

Motion, losses on resistance, everything is converted into heat. Heat is used to generate electricity in the first place.

If electricity becomes way cheaper, people won't bother to buy more expensive power saving appliances, factories, industrial smelters, transportation can utilize the cheap power and all the energy freed from the nucleus will be trapped here, on the surface in the form of heat.

Learn to read, maplenigger.
>>
File: global_emissions_trends_2015.png (29 KB, 562x256) Image search: [Google]
global_emissions_trends_2015.png
29 KB, 562x256
>>73704632
Here's CO2 release. The theory goes that CO2 is directly correlated with temperature increase.

Yet where is this correlation? CO2 release has seen a fairly constant increase, temperature has not.

Why?
>>
Oh it's this fucking thread again

>muh it's the sun
>muh CO2 is just a trace gas
>muh Climategate
>muh Medieval Warming period
>muh imminent ice age
>muh globalist conspiracy
>muh IPCC
>muh Al Gore

are we done yet?
>>
File: 1440033476871.jpg (554 KB, 1235x1662) Image search: [Google]
1440033476871.jpg
554 KB, 1235x1662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxrWUTzrUA
>>
File: 1462906862798.png (111 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
1462906862798.png
111 KB, 300x333
>>73704778
I cant believe what I'm reading. Honestly tell me one thing before I continue, whats you're lvl of education and in what field. Cause im getting a srs amount of autism pretending to understand thermodynamics.
>>
File: Fig.A2.gif (15 KB, 664x474) Image search: [Google]
Fig.A2.gif
15 KB, 664x474
>>73704862
The correlation is right fucking there
>>
>>73704569

yes, you idjit, but why don't you actually read what I wrote. The problem isn't fusion power, which would be the most eco friendly solution.

On its own.

But if we can produce huge amounts of dirt cheap power it can change the way and amount energy is used in our civilization. And it can lead to a problem.

In oil regimes fuel is dirt cheap. So everyone buys huge cars, they can travel easily, they can waste the oil in their everyday lives, because the government subsidizes it.

What will happen if the gubbamint will start plopping down fusion plants to "develop" the country and then subsidizes the now virtually limitless amount of energy?

It can surely give a huge boost to some industrial sectors and bring down prices of numerous things and people will melt over how fusion power changed their lives while we transform our planet into Venus 2.0.
>>
>>73696412
I don't know how to tell you this anon, but 6000 years ago the moon was in a different part of the galaxy.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (85 KB, 490x348) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
85 KB, 490x348
>>73705003
>warm periods last 12 years
lul
>>73704862
>Wheres the correlation
shows a graph with only one variable across time and wants you to find a correlation to the non-existent variable.
>I know my shit guys its all about the taxes the science isnt settled
>>
>>73705143

>canadian education
>calling out people for not understanding thermodynamics, while being unable to grasp the relation between heat and enthalpy, bound and free energy in systems

do you have any other comeback than memes?

fuck off and finish school
>>
>>73689853
Atmospheric CO2 as a theoretical cause of "warming" cannot be proven and has categorically been disproved in the same clinical experiments desperately attempting to prove it.

Remember, a 97% consensus among student "scientists" that are not climatologists is not evidence or proven fact.

Watch the whole vid, but fast forward to 18:25 for the fast rebuttal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCrkqLaYjnc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>73689853

I'm not doing shit. It's the globalist cucks polluting the atmosphere. I'm here using 1 light bulb, 1 small laptop, pissing into jugs to conserve water and eating as little as possible to minimize my environmental impact.

Tell those millionaire fucks to stop using so much energy.
>>
>>73696412
>draco kek
Top kek Nigel
>>
File: Noes.gif (188 KB, 289x240) Image search: [Google]
Noes.gif
188 KB, 289x240
>>73704973
Pretty much, climate heretics vs the climate high priests. History repeats.

>>73705162
Is the profanity really necessary? Keep a civil tongue and speak the queens Engrish m8!
>>
>>73704862
The rise of feminism is causing climate change.
And proof is in the direct correlation there with your graph!
>>
>>73704973
>Muh Technology has already been invented to stop using fossil fuels

>Muh technology has already been invented to scrub co2 from the atmosphere and oceans

>Muh nobody in their right mind thinks we will be using fossil fuels in 2100

Climate change is fucking retarded
>>
>>73705537
>doesnt respond with education
>thinks earth is an isolated system
>thinks he knows enthalpy, then proceeds to ignore entropy
>thinks things brakes heating up and cooling will make the earth boil
I fell for the bait and i cant handle it
im done school
>>
>>73689853
Guess what you stupid shit, the entire solar system is getting warmer. Who fucking cares
>>
Daily reminder that the warming periods in Europe were region specific with other areas getting far colder.
Daily reminder that it is too early for another natural warming cycle
Daily reminder that the sun is in a cooling phase.
Daily reminder that there is no readon possible for this warming if you exclude the greenhouse effect
>>
>>73705537
Holy shit I read you're earlier posts how did i fall for this, I'm actually retarded.
>>
File: 1425721345631.jpg (121 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
1425721345631.jpg
121 KB, 576x768
Look look look
I'll agree to your heterical "we're all going to fucking die in 10 years" if
A. You agree to shut the fuck up
B. Stop shilling for garbage like solar panels and wind energy that cause more ecological damage than anything else
C. Become an ecofascist
D. Full support the collection and reserve of all oil for necessary materials and fuels
E. Shill for nuclear fucking energy R&D like there is no tomorrow
F. Support the practice of deep ecology
t. Nuclear engineer
>>
File: 1462331700943.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1462331700943.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
Daily reminder that we are on a rock suspended in space that is revolving around a giant hot ball of energy which is revolving around something else which is revolving around something else. Try drawing an oval around something on a piece of paper. You can try millions of times and it will never be exactly the same oval twice over. This little experiment for your simple brain doesn't even address the fact that we live in a 3D realm and that we are moving around something that is also moving.

Wake up people ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
>>
File: global_hoax.png (490 KB, 1887x3464) Image search: [Google]
global_hoax.png
490 KB, 1887x3464
>>
File: 1448290858351.jpg (43 KB, 472x480) Image search: [Google]
1448290858351.jpg
43 KB, 472x480
>>73705162
>the correlation is right fucking here
>posts picture of a PROJECTED BASED ON THEORY TEMPERATURE GRAPH, THATS ALREADY BEEN DISPROVEN BY ACTUAL TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENTS MADE VIA WEATHERBALLOONS AND SATELLITES

full retard
>>
>>73689853
>The earth is a static environment that never changes.
>>
File: 1426573846521.png (185 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1426573846521.png
185 KB, 500x668
>>73706223

I have a university degree you chucklefuck.

Also did you even read what I wrote or you're just
>bantering
?

>>thinks earth is an isolated system

>>73702227

> when we can't irradiate what's coming here from the Sun according to your memes?

the whole fucking thread is about heat coming from the Sun and getting trapped here so the
>entropy
on the system of heat can't grow fast enough, the surface of the Earth can't cool off all the power freed from fusion

also
>muh entropy
>muh enthapy

if you'd understand any of this, you'd know that fusion IS towards maximizing entropy by advancing matter towards the iron peak

if you free all the binding energy you'll heat up the surface, yes the same thing with fossil fuel, but with fusion it's on a whole different level
>>
File: 1433324872072.jpg (78 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
1433324872072.jpg
78 KB, 480x680
>>73706416

>still no actual arguments just
>lelele u r retarded

fuck off, kid
>>
>>73689853
>1850-2016
I'm totally convinced.
>>
>>73705424
>lul
He was referring to the Sunspot cycle.
>>
>>73689853
It´s a scam and i´m using it to earn money and "prestige" (termites emits more co2 than humans)
Maybe you are a leftist?...Obama is showering the jungle with glyphosate but.......(i won´t tell you)
There´s worse things than climate change like Hg poisoning, plastic, hormones, gmos, etc.
>>
>>73708945
>plastic
>hormones
>gmos
please kys
>>
File: MerchantMax.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
MerchantMax.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
I know the climate hasn't been stable once in the past 4 billion years, but if you pay this new tax we will fix that for you!

Have faith in me, goyim, Chaim Goldblattsilvermanbergrosenshoahstein is a name you can trust!
>>
>>73689853

Wow

1 degree in centuries.

And that 1 degree is based on lies.
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.