[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insane pre-employment hoops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: 1442288627901.jpg (52 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1442288627901.jpg
52 KB, 604x604
>apply for job
>lowly office position at a hospital
>no exp required, just high school diploma
>didn't even list pay - most likely $9 or 10 which is pretty much min wage in my city
>spend an entire hour on the application
>asks for resume but still had to type in everything manually
>three professional references
>111 question assessment
>one-hundred and eleven questions
>99% chance I won't get called back anyways

This madness has GOT to stop. No boomer would ever go through all of this for even a well-paying job.
>>
bump. you know what time it is millenial friends
>>
d-don't let me die
>>
fuck that shit

I need to find a fucking job though

>three professional references

Lets say I have three people I think would be a reference, but it's been a long time since we spoke. Do you think I actually need to ask them? Do they ever actually check with your references? I don't want to bother them if I don't have to.
>>
this shit triggers my social anxiety badly, even though I'm a competent person and might be highly qualified for any number of positions, I hate the process of having to prove myself to other people

It's not like my job is going to prove to people on a daily basis that I'm qualified, so it sucks that this is what determines if I get the job, regardless of how ACTUALLY qualified I am.
>>
>>73664778
>Do they ever actually check with your references?
yes, its qualifications they don't check unless it's directly legally related like licenses etc

lost out on a job myself because the guy who said he'd give me a reference changed his mind when he got called. fucking cunt.
>>
>>73664778
I know how you feel, it's stupid to contact people that you haven't spoken to in several years and probably don't remember who you are. I just used family and friends with a different last name. If it's a big company with a really bureaucratic hiring process, they probably will contact references. If the manager himself is doing all of the hiring, they may not.
>>
>>73664928
>ost out on a job myself because the guy who said he'd give me a reference changed his mind when he got called

damn that fucking sucks, that's like my worst fear

the whole process just makes me feel awkard
>>
>>73664896
This is why personality matters more than qualifications these days. Even in precious tech positions, a less-skilled Chad is preferred over the brainiac. Companies are becoming vocal about that too.
>>
>>73664936
One thing that sucks is my last job which lasted two years I just worked with my boss. All contact with our customers was almost exclusively done by my boss and almost all of it was email-based.

So my reference is basically just my boss since none of these people will have remembered me.

So that means I have to scrounge through past employers, many of whom probably barely remember me.

>>73665058
>Even in precious tech positions, a less-skilled Chad is preferred over the brainiac.

this shit pisses me off
>>
>>73665014
The hardest part about a job is getting it; it'll be most important for you to improve on the whole process of interview rather than the job itself.
>>
>>73665058
This

I drove a garbage truck when I went to school. $28 an hour so I was stoked on it. I would empty every can in the city by the end of the week, there would be barely any garbage for me to take from cans because I was so on top of it.

The other driver came to work drunk several times, slept during his shifts, texted all day and never worked hard. But he was a funny and likable guy. Everyone liked him.

He got hired back and I didn't one summer back then. Pissed me the fuck off
>>
>>73665058
The less skilled-Chad is malleable. The brainiac is stubborn.
>>
>>73665282
>The hardest part about a job is getting it

fuuuuck why does this shit suck so much

>>73665319
>He got hired back and I didn't

the fuck is wrong with people
>>
I wish our society was built on apprenticeships and craftsmanship being passed down generation to generation instead of the clusterfuck we have now.
>>
I fake it and lie. It has worked for me so far...
>>
>>73665778
I'm getting slightly more comfortable with lying and fabricating my resume. The resume for this particular job in the OP was drastically understated, so I have my real (plus a bit fluffed) resume and a high-school level tard resume. This would be my first time lying big time, so I wonder if this will finally work.
>>
>2 years ago
>in high school
>take ROP class for pharmacy technician
>online tests
>google everything
>pass class
>become registered federal pharm tech
>decide to check out how hard it is to get a job
>go to Rayles pharmacy
>fill out application
>insta interview
>fat lady interviewer
>asks a bunch of questions I bs
>"describe a time when you completed something remarkable with a team"
>fuck
>think back to high school
>took an engineering intro class
>tell fat lady that me and a team developed a new type of bike
>asks what's special
>"it's foldable"
>she's amazed
>asks if we actually built it
>tell her yes
>she goes off
>comes back five minutes later
>"we would like to offer you a full time position, with benefits"
>"cool"

I still work here
Shit was easy
>>
>>73666168
Pharm tech is one of the only skilled jobs that hire as much as walmart or mcd's. my cousin is a pharm tech and has never been out of work.
>>
>>73664262
I went back to school for engineering specifically to get out of this employment hell hole

it's so bad out there it's almost not even worth living in the USA anymore
>>
>>73665319
How do i get a job as a garbage man? Do i need anything special to become one?
>>
>be me, 30
>get fed up of last job 2 years ago
>quit
>rang younger brother on the Thursday
>gib job plox
>start the following Monday
>£145 a shift to drive a truck
>nepotism at its finest
>>
>Want a summer job at NEXT stacking shelves
>Eight page application with CV
>process takes weeks
>have to come in for two interviews
>don't get it

The bureaucracy has to stop, and old people need to fuck off taking jobs that should be part-time for teenagers and early 20s. On the plus side, this just made me start selling shit over Amazon and the pay is OK, about 25 grand a year right now.
>>
>>73664262
so when boss asks you do to 111 things you going to complain about that too or are you going to do what the job requires? This hiring process weeds out the losers.
>>
ctrl v v
Vv
vvv
vvvv
v
v
Vv
v
v
vv
v
vv

Vvvvv
>>
>>73664262
Try getting a state or federal job sometime. It seems fucking impossible. Response time can be months, pre-interview tests, background checks, numerous interviews, polygraphs, and other shit. It's the fucking worst.
>>
Less skillful you are , more tedious the application process is.

If you know any higher ups, CFOs etc, check them out when they are searching for new jobs. The process is almost non existant and companies literally woo them.

If you have to do a 100 question survey you have already failed. tbqh. Even though you might not have a choice
>>
>>73668517
to drive the trucks, just a cdl. you don't want that job dude. for what it is, the pay is not even close to worth it unless you're a driver or working union.
>>
>>73664262
its not gonna stop man, you just gotta get better at getting people to like you. know when to be casual and when to be serious, say enough that you show you have personality but don't talk too much. and most important of all, learn how to deal with both genders accordingly. As a male I can say it is 100% easier to convince a female employer to hire me. At the same time if your employer is a male from a male dominated society, you will have better luck at getting to be buddy buddy with him. Western males are the hardest people to deal with when getting hired. You need to focus all of your attention on improving people skills and don't worry about the actual job, jobs are almost never as hard as they sound.
>>
File: smugboomer.jpg (118 KB, 532x801) Image search: [Google]
smugboomer.jpg
118 KB, 532x801
Yeah, I had a group interview for a job at American Eagle.

Had another one where I was interviewing at a different clothing store in the mall, I had to go through like 3 separate interviews. Shit is ridiculous.

This was like 6-7 years ago. Even my parents were like "Huh? You have to do all that for a job? When I was growing up you just walked in and they talked to you for a couple minutes then they hired you"
>>
>>73664262
dude, apply at a call center, easiest fucking job there is and if you're even half way decent at doing your job, you'll climb the ranks to a salaried position within a year or two.
>>
>>73664262
HR departments are filing cabinets for female gender diversity hires. They're the ones who turned hiring into a labyrinthine gauntlet of bullshit.
>>
>>73670355
>group interview
I thought that was a tv trope. What was it like?
>>
>>73664262
D-do do you have any j-j-j-jobs for Canadians? W-we really could use s-some because winter is comimg and its c-cold. We were g-goinna burn wood b-but the forest burnt down before winter.
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 530x218) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 530x218
Go get a job in a warehouse or a skilled trade or just hard labor. Use your physical superiority and hardiness to make the big bucks.

Fuck being trapped in an office full of gossiping cunts and bitch boys anyway.
>>
File: 1449856422522.jpg (93 KB, 310x440) Image search: [Google]
1449856422522.jpg
93 KB, 310x440
>be me
>enlisted 10 years ago
>not bad testing for e7
>got associates
>retire in 10 more years
>>
File: UPINTHISBITCH.jpg (17 KB, 354x256) Image search: [Google]
UPINTHISBITCH.jpg
17 KB, 354x256
>quit my accounting cubicle prison box
>want to travel and drink and fuck like a degenerate like my highschool friends did
>find job at the nearest pub and start working after a 5 minute conversation with bar manager
>now doing 30 hours at $30 per hour a week
>get about $250 in tips every week (no tax on that)
So not only am I earning only $5 less an hour from my previous job, but now I have the freedom to take a break for a couple of months to do a bit of traveling.

I am so much happier nowadays.
>>
>>73670355

My parents always make fun of me like im ditzy because I never know wages/hours at the jobs I apply too

They literally dont believe me when i tell them these things arnt listed
>>
>>73670599
professional office work is prestigious for two reasons

1) it pays more than your bullshit job
2) you can do it will into middle age

good luck being 40 years old doing what you do now. you're toast

meanwhile the engineer is working well into his 50s, maybe even his 60s if he can stay sharp
>>
>>73666168
shiiit a whole bike youre hired!
>>
>>73670794
You have to ask them in the interview. Nobody really advertises wages and remittance unless it's a high-value/specialized position.

If you ask confidently then it's also a bonus for you in the interview.

t. shift manager
>>
File: 2011-age-gap-07.png (8 KB, 408x255) Image search: [Google]
2011-age-gap-07.png
8 KB, 408x255
Is this the new Boomer hate thread?
>>
>>73664262

I've never had a job. How am I supposed to get one if I don't have any references or experience?
>>
>>73664896
Thats why you need connections. I don't know anyone that got a job out of high school or college without someone putting in a good word for them except for some bottom of the barrel shit.
>>
>>73664262
I just gave up.

I can't drive and could never afford all the rigmarole to get a license let alone a car and petrol. Public transport here is horrendous.

Most jobs I applied for in the last year were an hour or longer on a bus. So I made that (usually getting the early bus because times are unreliable meaning a half hour wait at destination) went through a crazy interview where the interviewer kept asking me what I think of his company, why I will be an asset, why I want to work there, followed by me having to assemble a bunch of blocks with the other interviewees and talk to each other and do team building exercises. All in it took about 2 hours then I got a taxi back because I was exhausted mentally. This was for a minimum wage temp checkout operator position for 4 weeks while some guy was on holiday, and I never heard back from them.
>>
>>73670527
I had to do one once. It was for a fucking mexican food chain. Can't remember which one. Me and 2 other people. The lady would just ask us questions and we would each answer in turn. I don't even get the point. I think they just wanted to get 3 interviews done at once.
>>
File: 1462763910820.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1462763910820.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>73670745

Similar, I'm a office cuck looking to go into bartending or even serving food. I hear it's a good industry to meet qt girls too.

All my cuck experience is being in an office, how hard would it be to start out just working evenings/weekends?
>>
>>73670973
Have to agree with DLC of Britain here
>>
>>73670745
$250 in tips a week in an Aussie pub? Just from people ordering $9 pints and basically saying 'keep the change'?
>>
>>73670599
4 grand a month for working in a warehouse? Yeah right. Maybe as a manager.

Physical labor is a bad long term career choice. You body won't be able to take it forever. By the time you hit your 40s you are toast.
>>
>>73670889
>professional office work is prestigious for two reasons
It's not though, those people hate their jobs even more I find. The average office worker isn't paid well either. It's all about finding bigger and better opportunities in any field though.

I make almost $30 an hour exercising all day long and have been for almost ten years since just a few years after highschool. I could be a manager in a few years if I push that avenue when the body starts feeling more stress.

The degree meme is such shit though, don't deny it.
>>
>>73670745
250 a week?

In the US you would make that much in a single night at most bars, at least.
>>
>>73671566

America has a very, very generous tipping culture.
>>
>>73671516
>4 grand a month for working in a warehouse? Yeah right. Maybe as a manager.

Bro that's one of my checks for 2 weeks. Granted I'm working 65-70 hours a week.
>>
>>73671619
So I hear.
>>
>>73664262
For non-technical work, the only requirement should be I like the guy and the deal should be sealed with a handshake. We live in the soulless technologically obsessed age though. Beep... beep... must become android... beep... boop... driverless cars are good... thought and personality bad.. beep... boop... norms must be followed... beep boop. Ignore previous attempts at opinion.
>>
>>73671566
$250 in tips in one night for one person? Bullshit. Also remember Australia doesn't have the tipping culture America does.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1920x1080
>Mcdonalds national hiring day
>Show up clean shaven, new hair cut, collar shirt... professional looking
>Look around and see niggers and gagsters trying to apply
>igotdis.jpeg
>getting interviewed by the manager
>everything goes well
>next day calls back for a second interview (real one)
>asks for 2 reference letters
>2
>reference
>letters

Mcdonalds must be really upping their game

>No prior job experience
>try to get reference from teacher
>finally get the damn references
>never get called back

mfw I didn't get the job
mfw got rejected from McDicks
>>
>>73671644
I don't get where people live that they can make that kind of money even at those hours just working in a warehouse. Thats like 30 bucks an hour. Every warehouse job I've seen where I live doesn't get above 15 unless you are management.
>>
>>73671714

My ex worked at a bar in a major city. On the weekends she would come home with 200 bucks in tips. It's bananas.
>>
>>73664262
I'd say just work at a doctor's office, but who wants to hire a male secretary.
>>
>>73671422
I think it'd be pretty tough, since that would be the loudest crowd, no?

I never worked in a bar. Like you, I only ever do office jobs. Even though I get a lot more money, I was always a bit envious of social jobs like being a bartender. You should get out there and do it, because I think it helps you to better navigate the world.

One key to success is to always envision yourself succeeding. See yourself doing what you seek to do, and make that a part of the process of actually doing it.
>>
>>73671776

>1776

GOD BLESS THE USA
>>
>>73664262

> wants an office position
> doesnt want to do tonnes of pointless paperwork

Its not for you
>>
>>73671714
Bullshit? Not even close. Both my sisters are bartenders and thats an average night for an 8 hour shift.

I think the difference is, you get paid an actual decent hourly wage. In the US tip jobs get paid like ass, but the tips make up the difference and then some.

My sisters make 60-70 grand a year off 4 nights a week.
>>
>>73664262
> accept a first job in a company lost I the middle of countryside took me 1 year to find it
> only thing in my life is job no more friends because I moved in cow owned land
> few years later the company I'm working for is laying people offs because of economical reasons
> the idea of looking for a new job already makes me sick
> want to leave the country but parents are old
> because of the way French system works if you leave it's final
> not part of the shitskin free welfare club
> not part of the Jewish free gold club
> hate my current job anyway

I'm fucking miserable
>>
>>73664928
why would anyone do that? thats fucking spiteful
>>
>>73671752
I live about an hour south of Seattle. Sure there are loads of warehouses that start at 10-12$/h but these places expect to attract retards, fresh out of highschool kids, felons, etc. Once you gain skills and get strong and fit enough there are higher level places of employment that expect far more from their employees and pay better as well. I can name 10+ warehouses that start around 18$/h here.
>>
>>73671901
I spent 2 years hemorraging my savings looking for a new job until I found my current one. Its honestly made me go into near panic attacks at even the prospect of finding work. I'm just way too shitty with people to convince them I'm their guy before they hire me. I've got a laundry list of references of people saying im a great employee and shit but I've never figured out how to get that across in an interview.
>>
>hotel has opening for banquet captain
>12mo+ experience listen
>only have 4mo experience as a server/expo
>bullshit my resume slightly
>get an interview
>friendly older asian guy
>lots of responsibilities, paperwork, signing paystubs, meeting clients, shit
>"we're interviewing others at the moment"
>get email next day asking about 2nd interview
>go in, get shown around, meet some staff
>"ok now to meet our HR manager"
>oh fuck
>go into the nightclub
>dim office, big guy with slicked back hair and rings pores over my resume and asks me about myself
>nearly freeze but manage to keep talking, am able to answer everything
>hour later, we shake hands and part ways
>asian guy goes to talk with him
>seems like an hour later
>"we have an issue..."
>oh fuck no
>"you need to shave"
>realize I have some stubble
>laugh it off
>hired
Still fucking hell, I have some really good experience and am usually pretty relaxed around people, but that felt a little grilling
>>
>>73664262
Call them and ask if they have read your application yet.
>>
>>73671533
The funny thing is that as more people go to college the labour/trade jobs actually start paying more because no one is willing to do them.

When the boss can only manage to hire fucking spastics they look after you pretty well.
>>
>>73671962
>>73671962
Eh, thats Seattle. One of the highest average wages in the US. Wouldn't find anything like that around here.
>>
>>73671839
I'd say a bartender in Australia probably gets $25 to $30 per hour with minimal tips. What do bartenders get roughly per hour in the U.S?
>>
>>73672041
I've never known this to actually work. Does it? I've tried it all my life and I don't think anyone has thought I was anything but annoying.
>>
>>73671727
Chin up. National hiring day is literally "day of most competition / not necessarily much need for new hires." Think about it.

>>73671776
>>73671816

GOD BLESS THE USA

>>73671901
Exercise. When all else fails, become a physical specimen.

>>73672040
Congratulations, northerly ally.

>>73672041
>>73672099

No, you ask where in the decision-making process your application is; not "Have you read my application yet?" Lololol
>>
>>73672046
>the labour/trade jobs actually start paying more because no one is willing to do them
Is it just me or does a hi-vis vest + work hoodie + tough workpants + boots look like a more respectable outfit than a suit? It just seems more hardworking
>>
>>73672090
Probably like 5-10 bucks in wage. Then another 30 or so in tips.

Obviously it depends highly on where you work, but pay is usually minimum wage or lower.
>>
>>73670424
>not being a chad so the hr cunts get wet and hire you instantaneously
>tfw 6'2" and /fit/ and personable, handsome and a becky with the good hair
Its like you're not even trying
>>
>>73664778

>references

And this is why I'll never get a job. The only kind of work I've ever done was self-employed/contract work. The "use a friend/family member" method failed miserably when they actually got calls and didn't pick up.
>>
>>73664262
>What is HR
>What is women who shouldn't have jobs doing something to justify their roles
Sack all HR and abolish their entire SJW feminist do-nothing industry
>>
>>73672099
Worked for me I think.
>>73672129
Yeah, say that. That sounds better.

If you show interest for the job, they will put you higher up. Ask any boss.
>>
>>73672135
I wouldn't go that far
>>73672057
Where are you? I bet I could find similar work to what I'm doing for $15-20/h just about anywhere in the country. If I really couldn't then I'd leave
>>
File: 1462680446353.jpg (286 KB, 1242x1218) Image search: [Google]
1462680446353.jpg
286 KB, 1242x1218
>>73672135
thats just you syrupfaggot, no self respecting proper woman will overlook a decently dressed office worker for a fucking blue collar, bulging disc at 30 years old worker.
>>
>>73672268
Are all HR people in Australia women too?

I literally don't understand how they get hired, what they do that justifies their salary, or anything else. Its ridiculous from top to bottom.

>>73672282
Leaving costs money.

And I said I could get around 15 here. Its the 30+ that I wouldn't never even get a chance at unless I got promoted to management.
>>
I am the worst fucking person ever at interviews. Landed my last job on 30 hours no sleep, jacked 2 red Bulls right before interview. Came off energetic and positive as fuck. Acted confident like I knew my shit, hot slut manager even mentioned teeehehehehe fort Myers is where I used to party a lot, thought wtf that was odd. I got the job. 1 month I lasted before quitting. Had to ask lots of questions, had no confidence at all, could tell they knew they fucked up hiring me. Moral of the story is go to your interview sleep deprived and jacked up on red bull and get that fucking job.
>>
>>73671776
>On the weekends she would come home with 200 bucks in tips.
You didn't kiss her on the lips after that did you?
I mean, phew. 200 bucks, must've been hard on her knees.
>>
File: 1458094189030.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458094189030.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>73672268
You're absolutely correct.

Let me tell everyone here a story of a dying company from someone very close to me.

>Be white, aging male who saves millions of $$$s for companies you work for with your skill set
>Collect comparatively small salary, given experience, but significantly more than 24 YOs that can't do what you do
>Work for smallish business
>Business takes huge cuts - about a quarter of company value lost. Anemic budgets.
>New HR director is hired. Lower-middle-age woman.
>Woman tells you about any new hires you make after the freeze is lifted: "I want you to look for people who have the energy to party and socialize after work. That is what I like."
>tfw she's fucking kids who want promotions
>>
>>73672353
Well I'm only at $24/h after several years of employment, it's the unlimited overtime that many warehouses offer where you make the cash.
>>
>>73672366
Since when is asking questions a bad thing?

I would prefer someone that asks questions to those that just do a shitty job because they don't know what they are doing and are unwilling to ask anything at all.
>>
>10 years, only gotten 1 sitdown interview, only applied to about a dozen positions.

>unemployed, never employed

I guarantee you if you apply to 5000 jobs you will get about 50 sit down interviews and by the 49th one you will have gotten over your nerves.

Being rejected is painful, but you can get over it.

(I couldn't, hence my life spiraling the drain).
>>
>Apply for a job shuffling paper in an office
>Job application expects you to be Thomas Edison reincarnated

This is why you need to network. Most jobs hire people through people they already know. The application process is just a facade. That's why they make it deliberately complex.
>>
>>73664262
>fell for the STEM meme
>every job wants someone with a commerce degree

I should have known all those fucking indians at uni were onto something studying business.

At least rope is cheap.
>>
>>73670745
See, you got lucky

Bartender at a shit beer bar in a bowling alley/arcade/karaoke/pool hall, make minimum (10/hr), plus tip.

However most nights net me only like 85-120 in tips, our company doesn't do credit card tips for some reason...
>>
>>73672472

When the manager and everyone else are lazy as fuck and do bare minimal, then it's a bad thing. The place was a fucking joke anyway.
>>
>>73672510
Its cyclic. Everyone said GO STEM so everyone did, and now its overloaded. Especially when you factor in so many companies importing workers wherever possible. Now trade jobs are the hot shit.

In 20-30 years it'll go the other way. Not that that will save you from hanging yourself.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (17 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
17 KB, 443x332
>turn up for interview
>group interview
>>
File: Max_in_bed.jpg (247 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Max_in_bed.jpg
247 KB, 1800x1200
>>73671566
Tipping is very rare in Australia, it's just like >>73671488 said. Just spare change really. Not fussed, considering our minimum wage is significant.

>>73671422
>>73671811
If you don't mind dealing drunks and pushy women, it's fine. Just gotta have a thick ski, but having the ability to throw back the banter helps as well. If you can out bullshit your customers, the easier it is.

And yes, I've brought home more than my fair share of women home for a good dicking after work. Not exactly waifu material, but still, pussy is pussy to me.

>>73671461
Just shows you aren't a complete pussy really.
>>
>>73671811

Thanks for the encouragement and wisdom senpai
>>
>>73672501
If you apply like crazy you will get a job. The issue isn't getting a job though. Its getting a career. And that takes a lot of time and work. Or luck and connections. Or all of the above.

If minimum wage is fine, then your life will be easy, but good luck surviving off mcburger bucks past high school.
>>
File: 1462675178426.jpg (91 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
1462675178426.jpg
91 KB, 640x637
>>73664262
Have you tried lying on your resume? Using family without the same last name as you?
Bullshitting you way through the interview and playing the "muh feels for old people and injured people" card?

I was a neet for 3 years and i got a low entry position before you could say "your morally subjective questionnaire was fucking garbage"
>>
>>73672282
I mean

blue-collar:
>risks their life
>breaks a sweat during work
>can be promoted through hard work and knowledge
>the higher-ups are literally in charge of their guys lives

white-collar:
>risks their clothes getting coffee stains
>breaks a sweat if the AC breaks down in the office
>can be promoted through internal popularity contests
>the higher-ups were just there first or knew people

>>73672294
>30 years old
Your words, not mine

Also, women are fickle
>>
Anyone have experience robbing drug dealers?
>>
>>73664262
>February 2015
>Hand in resumes to about 20-30 places
>Some places just right out tell me to not even bother because they have too many resumes
>Go through a few application/questionnaires etc, no interviews or call backs
>Go to the same places over and over, still nothing
>Stressing cause about to lose car if I cant pay
>Get a call back to a pizza place in April, guy had 5 interviews lined up for one position
>Pressure is on
>Get a call back later that day with job offer
>Guy seems okay, staff seems okay, job is whatever minimum wage BS
>First few shifts the job is horrible. Little british guy makes staff members cry constantly
>Most horrible job I have ever had
>Stick it out and keep applying elsewhere, decide to try and break into the security industry
>Get my security license and apply for healthcare
>Nail interview and get hired on the spot, training starts within a week
>Leave my pizza joint, tell the boss he is a disrespectful twat but the main manager liked me so least I got that reference
>Start at healthcare security, job pays 13$/hr which is trash but better than nothing
>Work my way up to supervising at 15$/hr
>Continue on with the law enforcement application I started in May while working this job
>Get right to the end, attain security clearance, nail the interviews/polygraph
>60-100k a year here I come
>Get held up at medical because I was on an anti-anxiety med for 4 months two years ago
>Probably not going to get in now even though I got my security clearance
>my fault but cant go back in the past so probably stuck at healthcare security

Moral of the story, keep trying, keep going back to places, keep handing in resumes. If you are going to do minimum wage work I recommend either delivering pizza's, or becoming a server. You will get tips which should average your wage out to at least a few dollars or more above minimum wage. Life will keep telling you no, but eventually you will get something if you don't give up.
>>
>>73672617
I'm just finishing up a STEM degree. Applying for jobs is still incredibly competitive. They expect you to be super nerd and super social Chad at the same time.

And they usually end up hiring Pajeet for half of what they advertised.
>>
File: boomer laughing.jpg (120 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
boomer laughing.jpg
120 KB, 283x424
>be boomer manager
>interview millennials
>lazy fucks aren't hungry enough
>expect to be handed job
>i refuse to hire anyone younger than 30
>>
>>73672617
...I graduated in 2010

h-hold me senpai
>>
>>73671962
Do tell, I make 16 as a cook and I'm getting sick of it
>>
>>73672129
> Exercise. When all else fails, become a physical specimen.

I fucking need to, then I become a life coach or fitness coach for middle aged people.

> implying I have any connection to find a first customer
>>
>>73672765
Law enforcement makes 100 grand a year?

Damn, I wish I lived somewhere where being a cop was easy.
>>
>tfw $37 an hour warehouse job
>tfw shitload of overtime every few months (people leave,holidays)
>tfw penalty wages for overtime/publicholidays
>tfw best guy at work managed to hit 100k/yr
>>
>>73672765
How is security/LEO work?
>>
File: 1442397264557.jpg (400 KB, 1200x950) Image search: [Google]
1442397264557.jpg
400 KB, 1200x950
>>73672680
>turn up for interview
>group interview
>middle man company makes the interviews instead of people that are employed at your target company
>they just fucking around, paid for the trip for nothing, they already know who they going to pick
>they pick through relative connections
>>
File: mtnp1c.jpg (86 KB, 400x620) Image search: [Google]
mtnp1c.jpg
86 KB, 400x620
I was starting to think of taking up hard drugs to cope with my miserable accounting office job.

If any of you are feeling claustrophobic or chained up at your office job, do a bit of bartending, helps to stretch your brain and anxiety every now and then.

>>73672554
There's a pub on every street corner near my place so it's very easy to find a job in hospitality. We are after all all a bunch yobbos and drunkards.
>>
>>73672925
Seems boring as fuck. I could never do it. I need a job where I'm active all the time. Every security guy I've ever known spends most of their shifts trying not to fall asleep while sometimes doing paperwork.
>>
Worst part is I found a list on the company network, it pay detail of all 400 prople working for the company.

I have a bachelor degree and Secretary get payed more than me.
>>
Next time I get a group interview I'm going to walk out.
>>
References are the worst part about applying to jobs for me.
I don't have any friends, you can't list family, and I've never known any managers well enough to be personal enough with them to even remember their last name or number.

What the fuck
>>
If anyone wants to rob drug dealers hmu on Instagram, MortyGoalSt3in
>>
File: 1458875868311.png (192 KB, 389x372) Image search: [Google]
1458875868311.png
192 KB, 389x372
>>73672867
Honestly, that part is easy. Think of how many housewives spend their husbands' money. I have literally seen New York city 'fitness trainers' who just go outside with their ladies, jog with them, and do some push ups by the curbside.

Life is ABSOLUTELY what you envision it to be, before taking risks and making that vision a reality. It's the same reason we talk so much about making anime real -- this idea is founded in truth.

>>73672960
This is common in the U.S. for even middle-level positions. They have to prove they interviewed so many people, so you'll have seasoned professionals seeking employment who are interviewed by some intern that doesn't understand anything about the position, to fill a quota.
>>
>>73672850
Go down to the teamsters 117 union hall down in Tukwila if you're serious. They can tell you exactly what to do and give you a list of places that are hiring right now.

>>73672898
I used to work in a warehouse with an incentive pay program based on merit. The top 4-5 guys made ~110k per year. Pretty incredible when you consider our minimum wage is half of yours.
>>
>>73673029
I suppose the feeling of "I could be stopping a crime in the next 20 seconds" fades after a couple dozen hours or so, yeah
>>
>>73673030

She is sucking cock guaranteed.
>>
>>73673112
I imagine most security guards go literally years without actually doing anything particularly exciting.
>>
File: Dirty_Jews.jpg (70 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
Dirty_Jews.jpg
70 KB, 306x480
Seriously let's rob drug dealers.
>>
>>73673194
I think the only ones that would actually see action would be contracted ones for like, huge parties or city festivals, etc
>>
>>73673093
I got another one:
>come to interview
>fancy expensive buildings and private land with new forest, parks and everything planted artificially
>30 companies at one door, nobody working
>2 women employed at 60 room building
>could piss on the floor and run naked and nobody would even know until they check the cameras some time next year
>finally find the room, getting interviewed by middle man woman who wants to fill quota
>>
>>73668517
i manage recycling crews. much better. all i care is that you turn up and dont bitch when im around. your collegues will want you to be fast. its a good mindless job where you get to be outside and fit. also the ladies love a filthy manual laborer over some pasty office cunt
>>
File: 1461733175942.jpg (100 KB, 785x762) Image search: [Google]
1461733175942.jpg
100 KB, 785x762
>mfw i make 290k annually in Phoenix from just one of my jobs
>>
>>73672878
No. The pay is pretty shitty until you start advancing up to supervision
>>
>>73664262
looking for a bubbly outgoing person who gives 10000% in everything they do and has either a phd or equivalent real world experience and a phd with at least three hundred published papers and a pre-existing network of clients with either one olympic gold medal or three world championships and at least one of the following 1. nobel prize 2. fields medal 3. infinity stone to join our fun professional hardworking team as a pencil sharpener. hours are casual and the pay is in fluff that we find underneath our desks. must have at least four professional references and an endorsement from the pope.
>>
>>73673029
Law enforcement is a different ball game completely. Those guys get paid well here, upwards to 100,000$/year or more. For them most of it is dealing with drunks, lots of paper work, court appearences etc. The security industry is for the most part horrible depending on what you do. Mobile patrol isn't too bad if you enjoy driving, but static positions (malls for example) are terrible and low pay.

I do healthcare security which is more intense, in that we have to hold people down while nursing/doctors give psych patients injection, we have to enter seclusion rooms, kick people off property, we do helicopter landings, watch camera's, ensure lock ups and unlocks are done, protect nurses/doctors when they enter seclusion rooms, guard areas to prevent psych patients from leaving etc the list goes on. There are a lot of adreniline rush moments.

Healthcare security guards get assaulted more often than police officers according to the recent study done by the corporation I work for. It's pretty hectic shit we deal with. I think the craziest call I've been too is dealing with a guy who brought a two handed sword into the hospital and started swinging it around. We disarmed the guy but it was fucking dangerous, and we are unarmed ourselves (I think healthcare security is armed in American hospitals) but I don't know.

The question is, are you willing to do all this shit for only 13-15$/hr? Most people are not, and many people who do apply, go through the training and get in want nothing to do with it after awhile because the benefits are bad and the work sucks. A lot of the shift is walking around the hospital with a radio and responding to codes overhead when called, some days are literally just walking 20km straight and nothing happening.

Inhouse casino security is probably where it's at. Boring job but higher paying, better benefits, discounts and most of the time you are just escorting people out or confirming winnings.
>>
File: polar-bear-tired[1].gif (499 KB, 500x195) Image search: [Google]
polar-bear-tired[1].gif
499 KB, 500x195
>>73664262
Someone explained on a similar thread that they do that because they're forced to open the applications so they demand a lot of things so they can argue that they didn't find anyone fit so they can solve the vacant with another employee in the company.

Still, I found a job that was ludicrous in terms of demands and I still got it. Basically it was working as an IT, logistics, telecom, video recording and editing and doing absurd request like fixing machines, lights and whatnot. I got paid minimum wage for a 40hour/week job only I had to work more than 80hours/week doing several jobs.
>>
>>73673392
You say that as a joke but I remember reading a job posting on craigslist a year back where someone wanted 10 years experience in a warehouse for a 9 dollar an hour job.

I almost wanted to start prank calling them just because they deserved to suffer.
>>
>>73664262
>apply for one internship between jr. And sr. Year
>called and e-mailed nonstop until I got the interview
>nailed interview
>get hired day of interview
>9-5 15$/hr
>this happened today
Show some initiative anon employers like that
>>
>>73672878
I'm taking the police physical fitness/written test on Friday. The city/county I'm applying to has starting pay at like 80k a year. I've got 4 years army experience, and a bachelors degree. If I don't get this job I'm fucking done.
>>
>>73673416
I couldn't do security. I NEED a job where I'm actually working my whole shift. I can't just walk for 8 hour straight. I'd hang myself in a week.
>>
File: 1458168699794.jpg (104 KB, 385x626) Image search: [Google]
1458168699794.jpg
104 KB, 385x626
>>73673310
;-; Sorry Slovistan.

>>73673460
It depends m90. My story is basically the exact same as yours. However, with corporate internships, you've got to tread a fine line.
>>
File: mfw.png (233 KB, 520x423) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
233 KB, 520x423
>Get hired for job with decent pay
>Company fires/suspends people all the fucking time for no decent reason
>Already on my first and final warning for not wearing a name badge
>>
>>73673460
15 bucks an hour oh fucking boy

God damn I rather kill myself
>>
>>73673496
And if you get it you will be making all you ever really need to make right from the first pay check. I'd say thats nice.

>>73673460
>nailed interview
I imagine on 4chan, that step is the hardest.
>>
This is why when you have a decent job, you stick to it. It sucks when you have to look for a job now a days. It's not impossible but it sucks hard.

Right now I'm doing ok at $18.5 an hour with benefits. I mean I'm not rich but I'm paying my bills and have spending money.

I work IT and I can never understand people that get hired, and then either quit or get fired like finding a job is no big deal
>>
>>73673570
Yeah, no shit. When I saw how much they paid I was really surprised. I guess it pays to work a job that people in a really liberal state don't want to do.
>>
>>73673566
Jobs like that suck. I realized really early at my job that any write up was basically going to lead to me getting fired during their next wave of layoffs, so I've been disgustingly by the book since I started this job. Is almost like a game at this point, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get fired for some minor infraction just because HR is too pussy shit to fire people without some paperwork saying they fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>73673416
>not forming some sort of union

You have a good bargaining position. If you all said fuck it pay more they probably would.
>>
>>73664896

I've realized that too over the last years at my job. At school it was easy, work hard and you outperform everyone. At most jobs, you need "team work" and "social skills"
>>
>>73673573

Found a job for 16.50 an hour. Lasted a month and quit like no biggy. They were cock suckers. Haven't worked in 3 years lol. Thanks NEET life.
>>
File: 1459709563685.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459709563685.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>really freakin down in the dumps 3 years ago trying to get a job
>LE GETTING A JOB SHOULD BE TREATED AS A FULL TIME JOB xDD
>first week I go out and put in legwork visiting every business in person
>"NOPE APPLY ONLINE"
>3 weeks of endless 100+ question personality assessment quizzes
>just before bed, see job to work as a janitor or serving lunch slop at a retired veteran's facility
>another 100 question personality quiz
>fucking lose it start seeing red full edge-kun wanting to stab anybody that approved the use of these retarded quizzes with rusty aids covered nails
Fuck I was so mad at that point, why hire a guy when you could hire a pretty girl to do a job a monkey could do. Even today I can still sense that lake of rage a bit when I spend lots of time being out and see shit like
>go to grocery store: women cashiers, women managers
>doctor's office: wall to wall women
>dentist's office: same as above + dental assistants
>fast food/any restaurant: hostess, waitresses
>look inside any business, all women clerks
>>
>>73673570
just rehearse what you would say to the typical interview questions and you'll be fine
>>
>>73672791
>be 18 in 1967
>graduate high school with o.k. grades
>set out into the real world
>land job right away that easily allows me to pay for a comfortable lifestyle
>stay at the same company
>buy a nice house
>buy myself a new car every 5 to 7 years
>get married
>start a family
>work my way up to a VP/upper rung position
>making 6 figures
>work into retirement with all my benefits, cause why the fuck not?
>paid for my kids college
>be in a position to hire/fire
>younger generation coming in looking for work
>literally applying for the job I started out at 40 years ago
>"Sorry buddy, you need a Masters for this position" I tell them
>Fucking young people...they're not hungry enough
>Fucking coming here with only 3 years work experience, five references and only a Bachelors...thees fucking young people
>>
>>73673573
For some people finding a job IS no big deal.

Also, some people don't really care. I know plenty of people that just want to make some spending money and are fine living in poverty but free to do whatever, even into their 30s or older. Just the way some people are.
>>
>>73673569
It's an entry level summer internship that I will use to pad my resume. I haven't even graduated yet and its better than staying up until 4 am shitting on other people who are actually successful from your mother's basement.
>>
>>73673669
Eh. You overestimate people with no social skills. Their rehearsed answers can be dumb as shit.
>>
File: 1461291355659.jpg (40 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
1461291355659.jpg
40 KB, 500x563
>>73673526
Well admittedly a lot of the time we aren't walking 8 hours straight. Me personally after the first few months of doing that for 8 hours straight, I got fucking bored and decided to find areas in the hospital where nobody is and chill out on my phone. There are a lot of empty places in the hospital, a lot of cut off rooms with TV's and shit. You kind of learn the way the system works and are able to get around getting caught fucking around.

I worked with a supervisor on my very first shift who was drinking and chilling in a TV room lol. Personally, as a supervisor myself, I don't really care what my team does during their shift as long as they are responding to calls overhead. Patrolling is useless for catching anything important, I never see or catch anybody on my patrols. Most security guards fuck around, they don't walk 8 hours straight.

but I get what you are saying. Most security jobs are just walking aimlessly staring at people and kicking people off property. Healthcare security is a bit different in that regard as we personally see a lot of fucked up shit and respond to a lot of fucked up shit (people dying, family members crying and having to get them out of the room for example) or morgue accesses where we have to assist funeral homes with moving dead bodies. We don't have to touch them but it is kind of expected of us to help the guy load the body on to the stretcher.

but yeah, on dead days I'll get like maybe an hour of patrols in and the rest sitting on my ass staring at my phone or browsing 4chan.
>>
>>73673703

Whatever makes you feel better bro.
>>
>>73673093
> Life is ABSOLUTELY what you envision it to be

It must be true.
Laziest guy I used to know just start a business thanks to his dad's money. He spent his scholarship falling and being a drunk then spent 10 years leaching Healthcare and getting more drunk.

I was the good goy and I have no safety net
>>
>>73673703

BTW how are you successful in my mother's basement that is disturbing.
>>
>>73673673
I have legitimately seen jobs that require a PhD and 10+years of professional experience. The pay wasn't even that great. I was god damn flabbergasted.
>>
File: 1462323470960.jpg (2 MB, 2152x1614) Image search: [Google]
1462323470960.jpg
2 MB, 2152x1614
>>73673663
I hope your position is a little better now, Friend. The services industry is indeed better for women than men. I want the both of us to succeed in this world.
>>
>>73673785
No substance. No argument. I feel like I just hit the nail on the head describing you and you've got nothing to say about it.
>>
>>73673783
Your security job sounds alright. I worked at a touristy art museum, and it was just constantly telling children and foreigners to not touch anything. It was shit.
>>
>>73673703
>>73673862
This is the millennial ''''''''''alt-right'''''''''' equivalent of "YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE"
>>
>>73673703

Oh, and remember
>>73673549

I'm legitimately doing the same thing as you this summer. Just earning a little more, but I'm doing a ton at the job too. Don't let these negative voices get to you -- you've gotta market yourself the best way you can in life.
>>
>Every job I've ever had was always gained by me appealing to whoever was interviewing/hiring

Living in the midwest you run into a lot of managers that like table top games.

But I'd say if you find a steady job that pays even ok you should stick to it if you don't have much else to fall back on. I only have a HS degree and a year in a trade school for mortician (dropped out because of my mother's health and was the only child to care for her, never managed to get back in), and my current job I'd work till I die.

Be a security guard in the middle of nowhere. Good pay, get to do pretty much whatever you want, and clients adore you for simply remembering their name.
>>
>>73670139
>Less skillful you are , more tedious the application process is.

Depends on how many people want the job. Jobs at well-known companies are in higher demand and hence the process is longer and the employers are much more selective. If you're applying for less desirable jobs at obscure businesses, the chances of getting hired is much higher.
>>
>>73673862

15 isn't even bad calm down, just playing with you. Until Bart Burger flipper is making that at chuckle fucks then you are in trouble.
>>
File: mGJI4WY.jpg (291 KB, 681x656) Image search: [Google]
mGJI4WY.jpg
291 KB, 681x656
>Please select your ethnic origin

I like fucking with hiring managers by choosing that I'm a black male. You *always* get an interview.
>>
File: badass.png (1 MB, 960x545) Image search: [Google]
badass.png
1 MB, 960x545
>>73673645
You're right but it wouldn't work. The hospital privatized security, which means we work for a security company in the private sector. Every other healthcare worker is unionized but us. If we all said fuck it and walked out they would just hire a bunch of new people to take our places. The security before us was unionized making 20$+/hr but that's the reason they got rid of them and got a private company to come in and do it.

There is no path for unionizing for us. The only thing that makes the job worth it is the experience you gain so when you go apply to corrections or law enforcement you will have the required competencies. The only reason I got so far in my law enforcement application right up to security clearence while not possessing a degree is because they right out told me they get too many applications with people who have police and justice studies diplomas or criminology and want people that actually have experience dealing with the general public and crazy situations.

Experience means everything and 90% of employers will take that over a piece of paper stating you are qualified. That being said because I am probably getting screwed in the process due my stupid doctor recommending me an anti-anxiety medication to try 2 years ago that I was on for 4 months, I will probably have to go to university and pick up some extra qualifications on top of my experience or else I will be stuck where I'm at for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 3949494.jpg (89 KB, 662x442) Image search: [Google]
3949494.jpg
89 KB, 662x442
>>73673937

lol
>>
This is why I don't leave my room
>>
>>73673977
Aha that's why I don't think sanders will ever win.
>>
>>73673740
I'm far from a Chad but I still do fine. Part of it is not spilling spaghetti everywhere and part of it is knowing yourself and emphasizing the good parts. If nerves are that big an issue then just remember that the worst that could happen is that you don't get the job
>>
>>73664896
I can relate to this. Never had a job and the thought terrifies me. Having to act like a normie all day makes me sick.
>>
>>73664262
meh I got a minimum wage job (like 9-10$ an hour) by walking in to an Office Depot and using my mix raced privilege (99% white 1% or less mountain-jew).

Literally was my first job.

fucking r9k is pathetic.
>>
>Ill get a job one day
>Those 200 applications are just a set back.
>Theres bound to be some company out there that is willing to hire me over a curry.
>Surely there is still company's willing to take a chance on me having no experience outside of a single volunteer job and education.
>>
>>73674002
Are Canadian police all federal police? I've never heard of local/city cops having to get security clearances.
>>
>>73672898
$37 an hour? what the fuck do you actually do in a warehouse to get that much per hour?
>I'm jelly as fuck.
>>
>>73674127

Are you dumb? Canadians don't even have real police stupid they just give you a retarded hat and throw you on a horse.
>>
>>73664262
>111 questions
I hope thats computer read because no human is going to give a fuck how you respond to that many questions.
>>
>>73672255
Just do some temporary jobs. You can easily get some references that way.
>>
>>73674298
Long questionaires are to catch you making a mistake with similar questions asked later. They don't see 111 answers, just where you contradict yourself.
>>
File: 1308136973318.jpg (250 KB, 848x2000) Image search: [Google]
1308136973318.jpg
250 KB, 848x2000
>>73664262

Yeah I'm sick of this shit too, makes applying for any well know institution a major fucking pain. I applied to one place spent a week filling out all their bullshit application on the net with the typical "why do you want to work for X" "what will X get out of employing you" questions, once I'd done that they then made me take online verbal and numerical reasoning tests which I do not see the point of anyway as whether or not a person can answer 30 maths questions in 25 minutes is clearly not a good indicator of how much of a good software engineer someone is, either way I passed both, then heard nothing for 3 months at which time they wanted to invite me to one of their assessment centres to do assessments and interviews all day. By that time I had a job already so I turned them down, but the amount of fucking hoops you have to jump thought to get into places is stupid. Then you parents think it's just a case of go hand your cv in at a couple of places and you'll get a job etc.
>>
>>73673456
i am barely joking

i did personality testing to work in a warehouse on a casual basis for minimum wage

i have a fucking bsc

i am pretty sure i can read a table and put shit in a trolly

i could go on but i'll get angry

but yeah, i see shit like that all the fucking time

>write a dissertation as to why you'd like to work in our office as a temp
>>
>>73674371

Think I am getting olderrrrrr

Now I am feeling MINNESOTAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>73672878

It's Canada. 80k is like 30k American.

American cops on average get paid about 35k a year. After 5 years they get paid about 40-45k.
>>
>>73671488
>$9 pints

wakemeupinside.png
>>
>>73674451
whoa yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh
>>
>>73674290
Distribution centre for one of the big stores.

Stack pallets n sheit.
>>
>>73674295
Canada has a federal police force (RCMP) and municipal police forces. Basically the big cities have municipal and most of eastern canada is municipal but the federal police force covers the rural areas and outskirts of bigger cities. I think our second biggest police force is OPP (Ontario provincial police) outside of that is just other municipal ones.

and yes some of our police do ride horses in ceremonies and shit, but so does your police forces.
>>
>>73674456
>35k
It really varies on where you go. Like I said before, the city I'm applying to pays 70-80k starting. It's not even a bad city with a lot of crime.
>>
File: 1459862092416.jpg (23 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1459862092416.jpg
23 KB, 500x368
>>73673673

Pretty much sums it up.
>>
File: amusing frog meme #367.png (19 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
amusing frog meme #367.png
19 KB, 530x492
Just go to the office, ask to see the boss, give him a firm handshake and say "Mr Johnson, sir, I'm just the person you need." Man, this generation is lazy...
>>
>>73674449
It's just to filter out deadshits/lazy/can't speak english.

These places often get 100s of applications for each vacancy.
>>
File: mooommmm.webm (843 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mooommmm.webm
843 KB, 1280x720
>>73674516

I fucked the first part up but you didn't bully me. Ty.
>>
>>73664262

In this world its about who you know, bud. Don't expect to go anywhere in life if you have no friends.
>>
>>73673569
t. Entitled millennial
>>
File: rYPxlnn.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
rYPxlnn.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>73674604

Here's a wild negro.
>>
>>73673663
>fucking lose it start seeing red full edge-kun wanting to stab anybody that approved the use of these retarded quizzes with rusty aids covered nails

Agreed, and the irony is that the people in HR departments almost certainly could not successfully complete an application themselves.
>>
>>73670646

>going in the military enlisted
>retiring off enlisted wages

It's like you dreamt of being a loser and achieved it.
>>
File: 1458190800182.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458190800182.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>73674700

T. Don't call me when North invades
>>
>>73664262

This only happens in america because your stupid country is fucked up as usual

Here you just apply for a job right out of school and get accepted no hoops or retarded crap

The only poor people here are ex-commies with no skills who worked factory shit for a living

If you have any relevant skills you will get a decent job 100%
>>
>>73674772
I wish I hadn't heard nothing but bad things about that game.
>>
>>73674612

Most unlikely dude. If you're just starting you may get a raise. That's practically 2 cops for the price of one.
>>
>>73669652
It's sad, even bum level retails jobs have hours long only assessments with completely subjective answers on them for jobs now.

The questions basically come down to 'do you prefer oranges or apples' and the person who answers apples gets their application trashed. Beyond moronic.
>>
>>73674838
Helps your country is smaller, more homogeneous, and not loaded with diversity nonsense.
>>
>>73664262
having to look for a job, not having employers look for you. damn, must suck being one of the worthless.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-06-18-03-03.png (602 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-06-18-03-03.png
602 KB, 540x960
>>73674851

Sucks bro, just makes for nice webm

BTW my cousin on right. Hot or not?
>>
>>73674959

Oh ya she's majoring in nutrition or some bullshit.
>>
>>73674959
Don't try to fuck your cousin anon you are not some kind of subhuman
>>
>>73674959
she looks like she has downs, mite be a bad picture though
>>
How do I find and get a job? Please help. I've never done this before and I don't have a resume. No experience and no references. What do I do?
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 240x135
>>73675070

>Mfw I couldn't bang my cousin because i am a fucking sad sack of shit
>>
>>73664778
>Do they ever actually check with your references?

No, not really. Sometimes its good to see that the person is listing people from places they worked before. Which is a good sign they left on reasonable terms.

I'll tell you why people dont check them. Because no one gives the name of someone who will give a bad reference. So why ring up someone who will just say, they were great? What did that achieve?

Of course it depends if you are going through the useless women department, who will do useless meaningless things all day like ring references.
>>
>>73674670

that's alright have a nice day
>>
>>73670527
I heard my company started doing that. Yeah, we're changing staff faster than most people change underwear.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-11-04-39-00.png (467 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-11-04-39-00.png
467 KB, 540x960
>>73675109

I would fuck her until she's normal.
>>
>>73670527
Had one several years ago at World Market. Was not told ahead of time it was a group either.

Learned they only have a cashier position open, and it was me (at the time 21) and a bunch of 18 year old college girls.

I didn't get the job nor did I anticipate I would.
>>
File: 1459842449692.jpg (82 KB, 478x475) Image search: [Google]
1459842449692.jpg
82 KB, 478x475
>>73664262
>be me, 16
>summer
>mommy has a job at a factory as a sales manager
>she gets me a job in the plant
>easy shit
>filthy mudslides everywhere
>moderate effort has me commended as one of the top employees
>go back each summer to work
fast forward 2 years
>mommy helps me get position on offices as engineering assistant/intern/whatever they feel like calling me
>basically just excel monkey work and data entry
>breeze through all the shit lined up for the summer in 3 weeks
>spend the rest of the summer shitposting on 4chan and watching anime on my phone
Fast forward 1 year
>getting job in offices as IT assistant

It not that hard, just save up the gbp and get mommy to get you a job at her place as someone's lackey.
>>
>>73675577
What if your mother doesnt work, Your friends all still study and the one industry contact you have has let you down more times than hes helped.
>>
File: 20160503_001701.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160503_001701.jpg
658 KB, 1920x1080
>>73675491
I don't know what algorithm i triggered to get hired at walmart. I guess I just clicked on the right things and nine years later I'm still here.
>>
>>73675664

Yes but did you du nuffin? And do you want to fuck my cousin?
>>
>>73675491
so so face
would fug tho
>>
>>73675577
>tfw parents fucked off into the grave right before they could coast me into a career path
>>
>>73670745
>Did restaurant work
>Applied as a line cook, not a waiter or bartender
>Realized I'm too dysfunctional to be social
>Watched people make bank for doing jack shit while I struggled to pay bills while busting my ass
Life hasn't changed that much, in an office now, the cunts at the top are the waiters of yesteryear and I'm the data-entry loser who has to listen to their shit even though they've never learned anything a day in their lives.

What do, /pol/bros? I'll literally serve faggots the rest of my life as a slave, then die poor. Wut do?
>>
>>73675725

Very good.
>>
>>73675140
> i am a fucking sad sack of shit

Me too anon, me too.
Regarding your question, given the opportunity I would fuck her
>>
>>73675634
I've had a lot of "contacts" actually turn out to be completely worthless. Makes me really skeptical when someone says they "know a guy who works there". It's usually bullshit.
>>
>>73675577
r u qt?
>>
>>73675770

Excellent decision my son.
>>
>>73671727
They only hire minorities and a few white people like me. My whole store is full of mexicans and muslims. There is only like 5 white people
>>
File: cTLQuxO.gif (945 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cTLQuxO.gif
945 KB, 640x360
>>73675634
Ask daddy, or make friends with daddy's friends. If you don't have a daddy, then you start making some better friends.

>>73675754
None of your parents' friends gave you any sympathy points?

>>73675842
Anything you want me to be baby
>>
File: 20160410_050040.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160410_050040.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>73675698
I'm not black. My city has seen an explosion of vibrancy in the past decade. It's funny that my boss has complained m that it's hard to find the right people, not sure of that's a dog whistle for white people who can read.
>>
>>73675762
If you don't start learning charisma or social intelligence you're going to be stuck as a wagecuck for the rest of your life, anon
>>
>>73664262
at least CVs are easy here so I can send a bunch of them out, digitally signed, and write a 5-minute application letter

good luck getting a job if you don't speak Russian though
>>
>>73664262
Fuck my life.

>Applying with a staffing agency.
>The application seriously takes two hours.
>two fucking hours.
>and then if my application make it through I have to go in for another 2 hour interview.

what the fuck is going on?
This is a temp staffing agency.
A fucking temp agency and I'm going through background checks like I'm applying for the fucking secret service.

Actually no. Applying for the secret service is easier.
>>
>>73675910

Not talking about you at all but I will literally put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger before working at Walmart. Hell I might do it anyway for fun.
>>
>>73675934
If you ever actually find the place where the Secret Service posts job openings let me know. I've looked for years and never seen them post an opening.
>>
>>73671232
start from the bottom

blue collar jobs
>>
>>73675934
You have to thank these "tanned youths" for making the process so ridiculous for you. Honestly you might even be better off just asking for a job in person, a friend of mine landed a store clerk job that way. Just had to have a short interview with the manager first.
>>
>>73676048
it's USA jobs bro.

Also go to the secret service website and they will tell you where your local field office is.
>>
File: heh.gif (841 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
841 KB, 350x262
>>73676074

>tanned youth
>>
File: 20160427_030835.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160427_030835.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>73675988
I don't have a GED or anything and I'm in my 30s. Unfortunately, this is the best possible outcome I could have ended up with.

However, if you do find yourself working at Walmart: wear comfortable shoes.
>>
>>73676100
>USA jobs
I've looked there. The closest I've ever seen is the uniformed position. I've never seen agent openings.
>>
>>73675886
My parents were just as introverted and socially retarded as me and the only reason they got to where they did was because of the boomer meme

No friends and no family is possibly one of the worst fates a human being can receive, just fuck my life up senpai
>>
>>73671901
tu bosses dans quoi ?
>>
>>73675934

>Applying for the secret service is easier.

Government jobs they not only follow up with your references but they do background checks on them too and interview them in person.

>>73676074

But that has been the intention for over 50 years. It's our own leadership in government who has been working with corporations to import a fuckton of cheap labor and drive down the value of the people who actually built this country, the working class.

I find it difficult to be mad at people for taking the offer to live here when the gate was swung wide open and our own government is telling them to come.

If anyone needs to be punished to rectify this its the leadership who enabled it.
>>
File: hhhhhhhhi.gif (895 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhi.gif
895 KB, 700x600
>>73676074
Sorry to disturb you, but i happened to glance over at your post and saw you drop this.

>>73676048
Good luck, they'll dig up all the raunchy stuff you've been Jerkin it to and put you on a list.

>>73676211
No relatives at all? Aunts or uncles? Chummy grandparents?
>>
>>73664262
>tfw went into a "techie" career
>don't have to bust my ass on job applications
>can always go free lance if I need time away from bull shit corporations
it's pretty nice, most of my work is to get referrals for future jobs
>>
>>73676188
I imagine those are a little harder to come by. And it probably wouldn't hurt to contact your local field office for that kind of thing.
>>
>>73676170

I just hate Walmart bro not personal at all brother.
>>
>>73672135
I've done both. Currently at a job where I wear a suit or at least a shirt and trousers, I miss doing manual labour. Although when I did manual labour I wanted an office job. Swings and roundabouts.
>>
>>73676170
How many hours per week?
>>
File: 1390786706611.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1390786706611.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
Self-employment and mass-microentrepeneurism are the future, anons. Why aren't you on board?
>>
>>73671232
family friends BB, it fucking works and tell them ahead of time to bullshit.
>>
>>73676229
Les achats mais j'ai pas le diplôme
>>
>>73676301
Yes... I know.

But you can actually upload your resume exactly once to USA jobs and it's there forever. They actually make an attempt to streamline the process. They don't have 2,000 question personality exams.
They conduct the background check, they call your references. That's not made my problem.

These fucking 9/hr poverty jobs over-automated everything.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.