[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orlando, Florida decriminalizes marijuana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10
File: 20160410_002825.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160410_002825.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-marijuana-vote-city-council-20160509-story.html

>Orlando on Monday became the latest Florida municipality and the first city in Central Florida to effectively decriminalize small amounts of marijuana, passing an ordinance that will allow officers to issue citations rather than make arrests.
>The controversial measure, which was supported by Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orlando police Chief John Mina, was approved by the City Council on a 4-3 vote.
>It will take effect Oct. 1.
>The measure was opposed by the two former police officers on the council, Tony Ortiz and Samuel Ings, as well as Commissioner Jim Gray. The ordinance passed both public readings by the same slim margin.

Orlando, Florida has decriminalized marijuana. In a state with a huge crime rate, they are lowering penalties for a certain kind of drug possession. Why is it that every month, marijuana seeps further into our nation?
>>
>>73582300

cause weed is awesome
>>
>>73582300
>Why is it that every month, marijuana seeps further into our nation?

Because the majority of your nation thinks its OK.
>>
File: 1353882939255.jpg (23 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
1353882939255.jpg
23 KB, 506x556
This is in the same state that banned tyramine, making it a schedule 1 controlled substance.

Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>73582300

DUDE
>>
>>73582391
>cause weed is awesome

That won't cut it. Drinking is awesome for drunks. I wish alcohol could remain banned, but that ain't happening. We are allowing marijuana culture and acceptance into our society when we are in a perfectly good position to stop it! What the FUCK, guys?

>>73582467
>Because the majority of your nation thinks its OK.
That is unfortunate. And they want to consider it a personal liberties issue. I disagree with them. You can not literally do everything you want to do to yourself. You can not possess and purchase literally anything you want. It doesn't work that way.
>>
File: 1459538148966.jpg (95 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
1459538148966.jpg
95 KB, 640x533
>>
File: 1436274693986.jpg (27 KB, 681x407) Image search: [Google]
1436274693986.jpg
27 KB, 681x407
>>73582851
>when we are in a perfectly good position to stop it! What the FUCK, guys?

You dumb faggots have been trying to stop it for over 80 years.

>You can not literally do everything you want to do to yourself. You can not possess and purchase literally anything you want. It doesn't work that way.
I do it all the time. Cocaine for example. What's stopping me exactly?
>>
File: moonman.gif (2 MB, 345x259) Image search: [Google]
moonman.gif
2 MB, 345x259
>>73582851
>>73583143
>>
>>73582539
Yeah some weird shit is going on with mj legalisation.
>>
>>73583325
People in this state are functionally retarded.
Bugs was right.
>>
>>73583155
>You dumb faggots have been trying to stop it for over 80 years.
And we've done a good job. You will never completely stop a crime. Murder is never going to be 100% gone. The purpose is prevention and education. Plenty of people don't touch the stuff because of it's criminal nature.

>>73583155
>I do it all the time. Cocaine for example. What's stopping me exactly?

The cops if they ever are in a position to catch it on you. Some are worse at hiding it than others. You are literally damaging your body in ways worse than tobacco.
>>
File: 1374676798420.png (58 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1374676798420.png
58 KB, 400x300
>>73583720
>Plenty of people don't touch the stuff because of it's criminal nature.
Retards, aka people who shouldn't do drugs anyway.

>The cops if they ever are in a position to catch it on you. Some are worse at hiding it than others. You are literally damaging your body in ways worse than tobacco.
I'm a chemist with extensive pharmacology knowledge. I know far more than you do about what cocaine and other drugs do to me.
I'm the authority on drugs. Not cops, and not you. You and they do not get to have a say on this issue. You're not educated enough to make the call.
>>
>>73582851
>your rights end where my feelings begin
Daaaaamn dis nigga just went full Bluepill.
>>73582300
Fucking nice.
>>
Why should I care about my right to smoke pot? I just don't care. I don't smoke it, and I never will. Why should I support it? I don't smoke it, and I never will. I might as well oppose it. I am fine with it. I don't need it. I vote for me, not for you. That's the American spirit.
>>
>>73584345
A chemist makes you a medical doctor? That's like saying being a farmer makes you a nutritionist.
>>
>>73584735
>being this retarded

And you're not even high.

God that must suck.

I smoke weed to escape from my troubled thoughts, my constantly active brain.
I literally smoke to become retarded.

But you, you have no escape.

There's nowhere to run to.
>>
File: 1415161709153.png (293 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1415161709153.png
293 KB, 500x501
>>73584735
Chemists/pharmacologists know far more about what various compounds do in the body than physicians. Our lives depend on it .

Most doctors couldn't tell you their methyls from their methoxys.
>>
One step in the right direction, needs full legalization on all drugs for anything to be compleetly effective though.
>>
>>73584345
>Retards, aka people who shouldn't do drugs anyway.
Yes. That's why the government steps in. These people go nuts on cocaine, why should it be legal for them to do it in the first place if the end result is committing crimes? How else do you prevent it?
>>
>>73582300
>In a state with a huge crime rate, they are lowering penalties for a certain kind of drug possession. Why is it that every month, marijuana seeps further into our nation?

Because as you say, your crime rate is huge, so that police are better off not wasting time on possession of user amounts of a relatively harmless drug. Especially considering that drug is legal in an increasing number of US jurisdictions.
>>
>>73582391
Fpbp
>>
>>73582467

>Because the majority of your nation thinks its OK.

Or at least the majority thinks sending guys to pound-me-in-the-ass prison over some weed isn't OK.
>>
>>73585078
A drug that leads to more crimes is concerning. A drug where a dangerous culture surrounds it and where you're likely to find other illicit activities if you find a person with drugs.. that's why
>>
>>73585095
What the fuck does this mean? I saw this in another thread.
>>
>>73585127
This. Why send someone to jail for a drug that isnt even half as strong as legal alcohol?
>>
>>73585057
>These people go nuts on cocaine
They go nuts regardless. Why should I be restricted because some loon can't live in society? Might as well ban all guns because SOME people commit murder.
>>
>>73585135
>weed makes you commit crimes
>dangerous culture
lol he took the middle school drug awareness shit seriously. Figures a KV neet would
>>
>>73585135

>muh gateway
>muh culture

Kek, America pls. Gateway theory is bullshit, and cannabis is mainstream American culture. Why aren't you focussing on drugs that are actually a problem in the US like meth and opiates?
>>
>>73585240
Or you can regulate guns better. As for cocaine, you should have them be medically cleared before they can even take it.

>>73585314
Black culture IS part of weed culture but not all weed culture is black culture.
>>
>>73582851

The Founding Fathers smoked weed you un-American totalitarian commie bastard!

I don't even smoke, but live in Oregon...the sky hasn't fallen, stop your pearl-clutching.
>>
>>73585358
>you should have them be medically cleared before they can even take it.
Why?
>>
>>73585135

Most crime surrounding weed is a direct result of it being illegal.

You're discussing a subject you have 0 knowledge of.
>>
>>73585358
Weed doesnt make blacks commit crimes you tard and the vast majority of black people smoke low potency mid
t.smoked with many black people
>>
>>73585429
So that someone is safe when they take it. Irresponsible people don't need uncleared access to drugs that could make them a danger to others. If we don't do this, how do we prevent them from doing a ton of cocaine and hurting someone? Wait until they did the crime? Silly.

>>73585436
You find a thug with pot, you might find a gun he's not supposed to have or harder drugs. Some people treat marijuana more as a cool and thug thing to do than others.
>>
>>73582300
Because most Americans want weed legalized
>>
>>73585436
Finally, someone on Pol with a brain. It's hilarious how so many people here claim to be redpilled and seek redpillness on nearly all subjects, but when it comes to illegal substances, THEN the government suddenly told the truth in their heads, and they refuse to be redpilled.
>>
>>73585555
>how do we prevent them from doing a ton of cocaine and hurting someone?
This doesn't happen outside of hollywood film, son.
>>
>>73582300
What you probably don't realize is that the average cop in a city like this doesn't have time to arrest every person they come across that has weed on them. Police regularly confiscate small amounts of weed and submit it for destruction, and then let the offender go. The reason the police chief supports this is now they can continue doing what they did before, but now it can be tracked easier, people can be held accountable for several small violations, and it brings the city revenue. Because it's an amount that's now legal, not the substance itself, having your vehicle or person smelling like marijuana is still probable cause to be searched.

t. jack-booted pig
>>
>>73585555

>niggers having guns

HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE KIDDING ME!?

You know why weed is often associated with criminals? Any guesses?

Because at the moment, criminals are the ones who sell it. Fucking DUH, guy. If you bought it in a store, you're not buying it from some street thug that might have other drugs, or guns, or whatever.

Which is exactly what I just said.
>>
>>73585712
>cocaine-related violence doesn't exist

NICE BAIT.
>>
>>73582851

>That is unfortunate. And they want to consider it a personal liberties issue. I disagree with them. You can not literally do everything you want to do to yourself. You can not possess and purchase literally anything you want. It doesn't work that way.

how come?
>>
>>73585555
>You find a thug with pot, you might find a gun he's not supposed to have or harder drugs.
So arrest the thug for the illegal gun and harder drugs
>>
>>73585135
>A drug that leads to more crimes is concerning. A drug where a dangerous culture surrounds it

Today I learned: Alcohol - not alcohol prohibition - makes people into Al Capone.
>>
>>73585769
Violence happens regardless. "coke related violence" is bullshit that law enforcement uses to legitimize their failed war.
>>
>>73585750
My point is that just like traffic violations, it can be used as a means to investigate for further crimes being committed. Do you have any idea what kind of crimes have been discovered during traffic stops?

>>73585782
Go outside and try to cut yourself head to toe. Your body, your energy, your motions, right? It just doesn't work.

>>73585797
Yes, and you wouldn't have found him if it weren't for the pot.
>>
>>73585555
>You find a thug with pot, you might find a gun he's not supposed to have or harder drugs
That's exactly why it's an amount being decriminalized. Most street criminals smoke weed, and it's an extremely useful tool for getting into their pockets to find what else they have. That's why when this legislation was starting to be discussed a few years ago a lot of agencies were against it because they were talking about making any amount of weed legal, thus forcing cops to change their tactics entirely.
>>
>>73585185
first post best bost
>>
File: 8edba82a0d17_sf_10.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
8edba82a0d17_sf_10.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>73585896
>Go outside and try to cut yourself head to toe. Your body, your energy, your motions, right? It just doesn't work.

what madness is this?
>>
>>73585896
So fuck the will of the people, pot should stay illegal because MUH FEELINGS?
Why do you anti-pot people argue like SJWs?
>>
>/pol/ is okay with legal firearms
>/pol/ is not okay with a legal plant
hmmmm
>>
>>73586013
It's an example. Why do you think you are legally allowed to do everything you want to your own body without issue? Others are capable of declaring you incompetent of taking care of yourself and banning narcotics.

>>73586030
>MUH FEELINGS

Backpedaling. Because crime, not feelings. Backpeddlers like you should kill yourself. How dare you misinterpret my post like that. Water it down to just "muh feelings" meme. I dn't think in memes. I don't communicate with memes. Next time you better provide a better argument or I'm not responding to jack shit to any to your fucking posts.
>>
>>73586132
>Others are capable of declaring you incompetent of taking care of yourself and banning narcotics.
Nanny state lover kek
>>
>>73585896
See >>73585739
Smelling like weed will still get you searched. When it's discovered or you admit you only have x amount on you, which is under the criminal amount of y, you're issued a citation an on your way. If you have over y amount or you've got a trunk full of rifles with filed off serial numbers, you go to jail all the same.
>>
>>73586171

What if a mentally ill person snorts a ton of coke, gets hyped up, and ends up killing someone or brutally injuring them? How insane do you have to be to actually think someone's coke habit won't affect another person?
>>
>>73585896
You're not very bright. Traffic cops dont keep dogs with them just to check for weed, and that is the only reliable way to find it, if you had to do a search anyways you'd still find whatever other illegal items they had.
>>
>>73585896

That's not a point. People break the law. That's not relevant to cannabis. Cannabis is smoked by criminals and non-criminals alike. Also, criminals are often troubled, which will often turn people to cannabis. Correlation does not equal causation.
>>
>>73582300
>>73582851
>>73583720
>>73585555
>>73585896

Your analpain sustains me.

t. expat Floridian
>>
>>73586132
>Cannabis
>Crime
What crime do you speak of, other than the crime in consuming the plant itself?
Your post and "arguments" against drugs are literally >MUH FEELIGNGS

Let be put it into perspective for you
>Alcohol and crime
There, fixed it, now you can start calling out the liquid jew.
>>
>>73586284
If they smell or see it or the person seems high, they have reasonable suspicion. You don't need dogs in every circumcstance.
>>
>>73586246
What if a mentally ill person gets hyped up, and ends up killing someone or brutally injuring them? How insane do you have to be to actually think someone's mental illness won't affect another person?
>>
>>73586246
What if a mentally ill person gets hyped up, and ends up killing someone or brutally injuring them?

>How insane do you have to be to actually think someone's coke habit won't affect another person?
Replace "coke habit" with anything and you'll see why your argument is bullsjit.
>>
>>73586284
>dogs
>the only reliable way to find it
Weed makes your vehicle reek long after you've smoked it. It's the only thing you don't need a dog for.
>>
>>73586368
People who can't mentally handle a drug and hurt others as a result. Thus why medical clearing to use a drug is important.

We might as well stop taking neuroscience seriously. We won't give someone anti-psychotic medication willy nilly, but we don't care if someone changes their mental state with marijuana? Inconsistent.

>>73586417
>with anything else

So you want me to deliberately ignore the fact that it alters your mental state and affects your body in such a way? How convenient for your argument huh?
>>
>>73586476
>So you want me to deliberately ignore the fact that it alters your mental state and affects your body in such a way? How convenient for your argument huh?

Lots of things do this. It's not an argument. Coke is nothing compared to alcohol as far as mental impairment goes, and that's a pharmacological fact.
>>
>>73586332
Nice flag.
>>73585896
>creating crime helps fight crime
Holy.
SHIT.

Anon...you best be getting paid for this.
>>
>>73586476
Then punish them for the crime they did then you idiot, don't blame the substance for YOUR fuckups.
You don't blame alcohol when you run someone over while driving drunk, then why the hell should you blame cocain for someone doing the exact same thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 1024x1229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428 KB, 1024x1229
>>73582851
Spotted the Muslim
>>
>>73586476
>the fact that it alters your mental state and affects your body in such a way? How convenient for your argument huh?

What, like alcohol? Does this faggot want to ban beer too?
>>
>>73586582
>Creating crime

You think all drugs are inherently good? That's a philosophical statement of itself

>>73586669
No, we can't ban beer. We tried banning alcohol once.
>>
>>73586669
>Does this faggot want to ban beer too?
They usually do.
>>
>>73586669

Actually, yes.

See

>>73582851
>>
>>73586710
>You think all drugs are inherently good? That's a philosophical statement of itself
No, there is no "inherent" morality to them.
>>
>>73586710
>You think all drugs are inherently good?
Drugs are tools. That is all. Like any tool, usage comes down to the user.
>>
>>73586775

This.

Also, you going to reply to

>>73586286

or are you just going to admit you have no fucking idea what you are talking about?
>>
>>73586374
When keeping it in a car it should be concealed and in an airtight container.

Driving under the influence of weed should probably be illegal regardless of the plant being illegal or not. As it can impair concentration somewhat.

Though I guess it is one more thing for retards to fail at and get caught, but I imagine the times this actually happens is very low
>>
>>73586476
>People who can't mentally handle a drug and hurt others as a result. Thus why medical clearing to use a drug is important.
I seriously hope you support this for alcohol use. Alcohol fucks up your mind and body way worse than pot ever could
>>
>>73582300
Why are you against marijuana? Muslims smoke it all the time and they live in thriving nations. Are you raicist?
>>
>>73582300
>decriminalized
What's the point? Why not just sell it in stores like Colorado? Decriminalizing it isn't going to change a thing, officers rarely enforce that law anyway.
>>
>>73586753
History lesson children! Gather around everyone!

In the era of 1920, alcohol was banned in the USA.
The result of this was the follwing
>More potent alcohol
>Methanol instead of ethanol
>The mafia had a HUGE market control because they sold alcohol
>More crime
>More abuse
>More addiction
>More overdose

Prohibition. Does. Not. Work. Simple as that, history has proven this to us time after time.
>>
>>73586425
Its not too bad if you air it out really, and doing it in public is a bad idea in general. What makes the stink stick around for long is mixing it with tobacco, which healthier individuals wouldnt do
>>
>>73586876
well actually senpai radical Islam forbids any drugs
>>
>>73586775
>No, there is no "inherent" morality to them.
Elaborate.

>>73586286
>people break the law
>so might as well make it legal

This argument is never going to be any less retarded no matter how many times you people repeat it. Could you elaborate on it and maybe I'll find it more digestible?

>>73586848
>I seriously hope you support this for alcohol use. Alcohol fucks up your mind and body way worse than pot ever could

Certainly although the culture is a huge barrier. Look at prohibition.
>>
>>73586961
Prohibition also led to the Mexican cartels gaining more power, as they imported tequila across the border.
>>
>>73586710
>No, we can't ban beer. We tried banning alcohol once.
>But wasting billions of taxpayer dollars year after year, decade after decade to stop drugs while in no significant change to supply or demand is a good idea!
Your cognitive dissonance is astonishing
>>
>>73587029

You still haven't provided any reason it should be illegal, other than it often being around other illegal activities, which we've already established is because it's illegal and the business is in the hands of criminals.

>it's bad because it's illegal

You have the IQ of a nigger.
>>
No reasonable answer for why hemp is illegal.
You get 4 times the amount of textile for the same acreage.

Do you support the cotton jew
>>
The consequences of legalized / decriminalized marijuana are far better than the consequences of illegal marijuana.

Illegal marijuana further funds criminal enterprises that bring massive violence and a myriad of other illegal activities.
>>
>>73587029
You idiot, again, this has been proven by history so many times. Prohibition of drugs breeds more crime and damage than it cures, Way more infact. If you look at the war on drugs today, do you say "Wow, this war is so succesful" Do you say that? If you do, then you're retarded.
>>
File: 1455870756493.jpg (33 KB, 454x454) Image search: [Google]
1455870756493.jpg
33 KB, 454x454
>>73582300
>>municipalities have the right to break national laws
where is this outlined in any document
>>
>>73586973
Those things help, but if you do it with any consistency in your vehicle, or have it not sealed up, someone that doesn't smoke (which obviously consists of most cops) can smell it. Regardless, the fact that you've already considered those variables makes you more intelligent than 90% of the people that police use the smell of weed against.
>>
>>73587267
The feds are actually not legally authorized to ban any goods at all.
>>
>>73587267
State sovereignty -> state's rights -> state's right to enact laws that allow municipalities to alter the penalties of the law.

Penalties are supposed to reflect the damage the crime does to the community.
>>
i wonder who's behind all of this...
>>
>>73587478
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Adelson
>Fighting the "mainstreaming" of cannabis legalization is a personal passion of Adelson, whose son Mitchell died of a drug overdose.[42] Mitchell was said to have used cocaine and heroin from an early age.[43]
>Adelson believes cannabis is a gateway drug.[44] Andy Abboud, vice president of Las Vegas Sands, has stated that "Pro marijuana folks have awoken a sleeping giant in Sheldon and Miriam Adelson".
>>
>>73587478
Jews either want it seriously illegal to profit off of the prison industry, or completely legal to profit off of the commerical sale of it.

Decriminalization is not profitable as it's still illegal to sell and less people are going to prison.
>>
>>73587714
>Decriminalization
It's also a nonsensical ethical and legal position. Either something should be controlled, or not.
>>
>>73582300
Marijuana is a gateway drug prove me wrong
>you cant
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.