[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lapsed Catholic here. How do I return to the faith after years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: cypher.jpg (146 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
cypher.jpg
146 KB, 625x416
lapsed Catholic here. How do I return to the faith after years of apathy towards religion?
>>
>>73562469
Search for the evidence for Christianity, and chat to people on here.
http://www.funnyjunk.com/religion/
>>
pray for faith brother
>>
Go to church fuckwit
>>
>>73562747
>funnyjunk

what year is it, 2007?
>>
>>73562469
Confession would be a good way to start.
>>
>>73562829
I do (occasionally) but I never get anything out of it. its always 10 minutes of scripture then 45 minutes of church hymns. So boring
>>
>>73562469
Fly to a Muslim-majority for a few days then you'll see the light
>>
take religions 'with a grain of salt' and don't worry about your lapse
>>
Just close your eyes and think very hard, and click your heels together three times, and magic space aliens will become real! It's worked for every religion since the dawn of time. Anything pretend can become real, all you have to do is believe!
>>
>>73562469
Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins?
>>
Try the Latin Mass
>>
>>73563278
(you)
>>
File: 1452900207654.jpg (44 KB, 351x371) Image search: [Google]
1452900207654.jpg
44 KB, 351x371
>>73562469
ISHYGDDT
>>
Stay lapsed
>>
>>73563508
why?
>>
Become a nonbelieving cultural Christian, which is the ultimate red pill. Do you really think all the brilliant philosophers and mathematicians in European history believed in a literal interpretation of the Bible? They pretended to believe because they saw the cultural benefits of Christianity are unrivaled. Just head over to tumblr if you want to see how white people behave without Christianity.
>>
>>73562469
Stop being Catholic.

You don't need a middle man to speak to God, nor should you follow your cuck of a pope
>>
>>73562942
>its always 10 minutes of scripture then 45 minutes of church hymns. So boring
then find another one.
if they dont preach the Jesus is the way, and that only through Him is salvation, then leave that church. find one that teaches salvation, not just muh feels and happy story time lets sing hallelujah.
>>
>>73562469
become a protestant

go about your daily life without changing anything and still feel fine about yourself
>>
>>73562469
Church, Praying, Study of Theology, Speak to fellow Catholics about how they feel about faith and why they practice. Praying the rosary helped me get back into the faith.

Honestly OP, just be involved with faith and pray.
>>
File: 1428539481531.gif (954 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1428539481531.gif
954 KB, 400x300
>>73563666
>go protestant
>satanic trips

no thanks
>>
Value the institution.

The Jesuits have it right. You can worship the institution and lie to bring people in.

The most powerful Catholics are non-believers.
>>
>>73562469

>wanting to worship a beaner that actively encourages the destruction of europe

this is why I can't take beaners like you seriously op, you're literally subhuman filth
>>
>>73563692
Catholics have a shit retention rate. If anything they drive potential believers from the faith due to their adherence to traditions and heirarchy. They're fucking modern day Pharisees and Sadducees
>>
>>73562469
Reject the Papists and become a Protestant. We have cookies and exegesis.
>>
File: 1428513772912.jpg (11 KB, 357x232) Image search: [Google]
1428513772912.jpg
11 KB, 357x232
>>73563901
>implying lapsed Catholics give a single shit about the pope
>>
>>73564039

no. You have Christian Rock and Kirk Cameron. Also, see >>73563666
>>
>>73564091
Many lapsed Catholics in Europe started going back to church because of Freestylin' Frank. It was called the "Francis effect"
>>
Catholic mass is the worst. Most people who go there every week just sit there and daydream while not listening at all. It's so fucking boring.
>>
>>73564206
I don't believe you

>>73564209
this. Been going my whole life and I know squat about the Bible
>>
>>73564209
Well yea, I sat through one (protestant here) and the first half of it was in fucking latin and the second half was a sermon about sports
>>
>>73564186
>go about your daily life without changing anything and still feel fine about yourself

Heh. That's how I've always seen Catholics.

The cotton candy deistic feel good retards have Christian rock. And terrible exegesis. The Protestants worth anything have Paul Washer.
>>
>>73564404
http://world.time.com/2013/11/11/francis-effect-boosts-attendance-at-italian-churches/
>>
>>73564209
You may like contemporvant worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giM04ESUiGw
>>
>>73564520
every protestant church in my area is either a lukewarm LGBT friendly cuckshed or a mega church run by some millionaire used car salesman of a preacher. I'd rather stick to what I know unless you can give me a better suggestion
>>
>>73564763
>unless you can give me a better suggestion
rtfm
>>
>>73564763
I am Arminian but it's difficult to find an Arminian church that isn't what you described. I'd shoot for a theology-heavy Reformed church, since they're more grounded imo. That or an old timey Pentecostal church, maybe Assemblies of God or Church of God. Try a small one. Idk about COG but the bigger the AG church, the more fag it is, imo. The Southern Baptist convention can get into the mega realm but they're not very cuckish.
>>
>>73565368
aren't Armenians Orthodox? And isn't Orthodox mass even more boring than Catholic mass?
>>
>>73565829
No, Armenia is a country. Arminius is a man.
In a nutshell, Arminianism = Free will and Calvinism (aka Reformed) = Predestination (God chooses who goes to Heaven and Hell). Both have convincing arguments, and though I don't agree with Calvinists, I do think that overall they are more theologically literate and have better meme game.
>>
>>73566208
And because of this higher level of literacy and devoutness, I would recommend a Reformed church to an outsider, simply because the odds of finding a solid church within that subset are greater. Nothing is worse than going to a service that winds up being a Jesus pep rally indistinct from a concert. And nothing does better to foster a sense of shallowness in a denomination/fellowship and in the church as a whole.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.