[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>college shouldn't be free because knowledge is valuable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
>college shouldn't be free because knowledge is valuable and we shouldn't spread its value

How is this even taken seriously as a reasonable argument against free college?
>>
>>73555604
ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵗʰʳᵉᵃᵈ ʷᵃˢ ᵖᵃᶦᵈ ᶠᵒʳ ᵇʸ ᴴᶦᶫᶫᵃʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᴬᵐᵉʳᶦᶜᵃ, ᵃ ᶜᵃᵐᵖᵃᶦᵍᶰ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃᶰ ᵒᶰᵉ ᵐᶦᶫᶫᶦᵒᶰ ᵍʳᵃˢˢʳᵒᵒᵗˢ ᵈᵒᶰᵒʳˢ⋅
>>
>>73555604
Thats not even an argument thats been made. I have some creeping suspicion that you are an economic illiterate.
>>
>>73555972
>complain people aren't literate about higher subjects
>wants to deny them free higher education
I have some creeping suspicion you are unintelligent.
>>
>>73556133
You don't need higher education to understand shortages.
>>
Internet is free.
>>
>>73555604
Supply and demand dip shit if everyone gets a degree then having a degree is worthless. Look at what happened to law degree's a few years ago over saturation of a market can be a bad thing.
>>
>>73555972
>paying for the book jew
Good goys
>>
File: Untitled-2 copy.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1200
If liberals want college to be free then they can set up a free college in their community using their own funds and charity.

Its not that information should not be free, Its just not the governments role to provide it for everyone.
>>
>>73557607

>we gotta keep knowledge contained so the people who have it can take monetary advantage of it

This is how you sound.
>>
File: 1369580843943.gif (771 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1369580843943.gif
771 KB, 500x365
>>73555604
Knowledge has nothing to do with it. Education is separate from knowledge.

If we make college free, people will never leave college. This sounds fun, but it's unproductive. People value the things they have to invest in. If you have to invest in your college education, and you have to pay for each and every semester, then you'll take it seriously, and you'll get it done as quickly and as efficiently as you can.
>>
>>73557832
There are people reading at a 6th grade level that graduate high school and go to community college all on government money. A highschool degree is worthless now, before it was seen as a requirement to get entry level position jobs. Extending this will make associates more worthless than they already are and bachelors will become the norm. They will lose their value overtime due to the subsidizing.
>>
>>73555604
i already have my degree, fuck you
>>
>>73557897
This.
>>
>>73557897
diploma mills
>>
>>73557832
Alright bro so what happens to the people who cant graduate high school? A G.E.D or High-school degree would be toilet paper. Free college does not mean Harvard or Yale shithead Free college means at most community college or equivalent. So basically people would still be fucked except you would also be dragging down the ones who still paid for their degree from a private institution. Because a bachelors becomes the new High school diploma. Meanwhile the kids in poor areas who dont give a shit about college or high school and drop out are basically fucked harder then they are now Perpetuating an even worse poverty cycle then we already have.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.