[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you explain why owning guns is so important. In my opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: 1456254094489.jpg (108 KB, 540x562) Image search: [Google]
1456254094489.jpg
108 KB, 540x562
Can you explain why owning guns is so important.
In my opinion the right to bear arms was created to help people defeat an evil dictator or something like that, but nowadays you can't still own as big guns as the government does so it is basically pointless for that. Apart from hunting there are no uses for guns other than killing other people so please explain this to me.
>TLDR explain why owning handguns is important
>>
When the government monopoly of violence becomes complete, it will never go back to the people without extraordinary measures.

Self defense is a human right.
>>
>>73526174
Personal protection. Target shooting, competition, fun, pest control, hunting.
>>
>>73526384
>>73526399
i see but in society with little t no guns are guns necessary for self-defence
>>
>>73526174
>you can't own as big guns as the government

force multipliers are basically useless in insurgencies against your own people

you're not going to start bombing blocks in your own city, so all the policing has to be done on foot, where the government is basically equal with private citizens in terms of equipment and are at a disadvantage in that they don't know who is and isn't the enemy and would have the media bearing down on them the whole time

if even 10% of a large city rebelled against the government in an organized fashion it would be a massive shitshow for the gov't
>>
>>73526384
also isn't the whole concept of a state based on the government monopoly of violence
>>
>>73526594
guns are pretty much the only self defense tool that doesn't put you at super high personal risk when you have to use them
>>
>>73526695
yeah but if the government would be so fucked up that people would go on the street what would prevent them from killing them
>>
>>73526174

I own guns because I'm 5'6" 140lbs and if a 6'5" 300lbs nigger decides he wants to rob or kill me I am totally fucked.

God made man. Colt made them equal.
>>
>>73526820
yeah but when the guns are everywhere the attacker is more likely to carry one
>>
>>73526970
butterfly effect

the objective is contain, contain, contain. indiscriminately killing people would literally put the entire country against you in the modern day world where information control is a big challenge
>>
File: 000.jpg (52 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
52 KB, 620x387
>>73526174
OP it's not only important for Americans to own guns, but it's important for us as well.

The US is such a large federation, that if it's citizens were unarmed, then the Government could take full advantage and basically do what they want....Brainwash them and treat them like slaves. You can kind of already see this in Liberal Areas such as California, where SJW's are so fucked in the head by the leftist Gov propaganda, they don't question their motives and take it all for fact.

For now in Europe we don't need Guns, because Gun Violence is relatively low because of National Governments strict Gun Laws (Excluding new Sand Niggers).

However if we had a European Federation, the life of which the Germans wanted for the past century. Then we would DEFINITELY NEED A LOT MORE GUNS!
>>
>>73527070
I'd rather take my chances in a gunfight than a knife fight.

Furthermore, it's not like you're saying that anyone can buy a gun.
>>
>>73526174
>explain why owning handguns is important
because i enjoy them so fuck you if you dont like it. explain why video games are important
explain why sports are important
explain why anything you like is important

fuck you a thousand times, faggot mongol
>>
>>73527298
yeah but less people die from guns in strict gun control countries than in burgerland
>>
>>73526174

To spite the Jews.

They want meek, powerless, uneducated low IQ servants. I can't become smarter, but I can (still) move to a country where I get a modicum of personal power through a gun.
>>
>>73527070
In that case, wouldn't that make you want one as well? Why should you leave yourself helpless to a predator?

10,000 years ago this mentality you have didn't exist, because people who thought like you got killed very quickly
>>
Someone remind me was the 2nd amendment written with an expiration date?
>>
>>73527458
well duh. but, do more people die overall as a result of few firearms? Of course there will be more gun deaths where there are more guns, but overall, there tend to be less violent deaths overall when the populace is armed.
>>
>>73527662
yoeah but today we have this thing called civilisation
>>
>>73527458
...and?

More people die from car accidents, trampolines, alcoholism, cancer, heart disease, drug overdoses, and diabeetus every year. Gun deaths, when suicides and accidents are lumped in with murders and homicides, don't even crack the top 10 causes of death in the US.
>>
File: 1451941341495.jpg (56 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
1451941341495.jpg
56 KB, 500x562
>>73526174

>the right to bear arms was created to help people defeat an evil dictator or something like that, but nowadays you can't still own as big guns as the government does

And who made that rule - oh right, the government. Even though it expressly forbid it in the constitution. And you wonder why we fight over shit like this.

>Apart from hunting there are no uses for guns other than killing other people so please explain this to me.

Also, killing people is an important capability (and right) to have if they are trying to kill you or your loved ones. Which happens; all the time.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-study-use-firearms-self-defense-important-crime-deterrent

And lastly, it's a right guaranteed by our constitution, so ultimately, we don't have to justify shit. Those who attempt to undermine the constitution are traitors to the nation and should be dealt with accordingly.
>>
File: 1445061122924.png (84 KB, 1348x428) Image search: [Google]
1445061122924.png
84 KB, 1348x428
>>73526594
>are guns necessary for self-defence
Can your grandmother fight off several Somalian immigrants with her bear hands?

>>73526174
Pic
>>
File: 1443927273870.jpg (816 KB, 1800x2743) Image search: [Google]
1443927273870.jpg
816 KB, 1800x2743
>>73527458
Firearms have zero correlation between crime and murder.
Cherrypicking only "gun" crime and murder and insinuating that it is worse than other crime is not valid as an argument and begs the question of "how many people stabbed dead is equal to one person shot dead"?
>>
The Second Amendment has no place in modern society. When America got organized as a country, they wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to the radical American masses. There’s too much personal freedom. When personal freedom’s being abused, the State, the only entity deserving of power, has to move to limit it. The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.

When faced with the decision of where a citizen's loyalties truly lie, the government must prioritize over all alternative. The State is the ultimate source of human identity. It is the moral foundation of its citizens, how a citizen is clearly defined, and the entity that grants the people their rights. To oppose the government in any fashion should be met with extreme prejudice. A citizen who values the life of their loved ones, whether it is familial relatives or ones founded on friendship, above their allegiance to the State is a traitor to modern civilization, a revolting monstrosity who should perish with their primitive views.
>>
>>73526174
It is not so much about who's got the bigger guns.

It's about one side having them all and risking absolutely nothing by surpressing those who have none.

With the right to bear arms the situation may be lopsided, but that's still better than nothing.

Other than that: You must have the right to defend yourself. If _necessary_ by deadly force. The only problem is really the issue with the necessity. But other than that, from a civil rights perspective having a gun is A-OK.
>>
>>73527898
That falsely and naively assumes that all men are civilized, that they want to be, or that they will continue to be when the walla come crashing down.

All it takes is one disaster, one bad enough attack, one incident that makes unavailable all the conveniences we depend on for the facade of civilization to crumble.

Look at Katrina. Ferguson. Boston. It didn't take long for already uncivilized men to become roving predators. It didn't take long for men to organize themselves into packs and hunt for sex, food, and prestige through murder and conquest.

Do you really think that just because we have the capacity of abstract thought and language that we've somehow rescinded our membership from Kingdom Animilia?
>>
>>73527458
>yeah but less people die from guns in strict gun control countries than in burgerland
>>
>>73527458
>yeah but less people die from guns in strict gun control countries than in bwrgerland
i literally dont care about other people, especially ones from asshole european countries. fuck them and fuck you.
>>
>>73526174

With great power, comes great responsibility.

KILL ALL NIGGERS
RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>73528547
>the state is an all knowing ever merciful magical being, that always does the right thing

You know, you kinda deserve Trudeau.
>>
>>73526174
Because without guns, you'll get in the boxcar willingly
>>
File: 1456101298568.gif (58 KB, 129x111) Image search: [Google]
1456101298568.gif
58 KB, 129x111
>>73528547

We don't need your opinion on it, leaf. You're unqualified to speak about any meaningful subject.
>>
>>73526174
>nowadays you can't still own as big guns as the government does

... but you can. Civilians have access to all of same ammunition as military arms, plus many that are far larger and more deadly than what our forces use.

>Apart from hunting there are no uses for guns other than killing other people

... and?

Don't worry, liberals... we'll use those guns "as they were intended" soon enough. No need to keep begging.
>>
>>73527898
See>>73528013
Firearms are a very important tool to maintain current civilization ideals
>>
>>73528547
Stale pasta is stale
>>
File: large[1].jpg (155 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
155 KB, 1024x1365
>>73528547
>>
Owning firearms stems from your natural right to self defense. In nature if someone attacks isnt it self evident that you would use the greatest means to defend yourself? Isnt it self evident?
>>
File: 1458029620814.gif (263 KB, 600x304) Image search: [Google]
1458029620814.gif
263 KB, 600x304
>>73527898

>we have this thing called civilisation

Yeah, you're welcome by the way.

Now fuck off and stop telling the best country in the world it should be more like the worthless shithole you live in.
>>
There's no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Just because it's not needed doesn't mean it should be completely banned, or even restricted
>>
>>73528547
A FUCKING LEAF OH MY GOD
>>
>>73526174
The people who wrote the American constitution, the people who wrote the French declaration of rights of man and of the citizen and many philosophers and thinkers throughout the ages (Aristote, John Locke, Montesquieu, Alexis de Tocqueville, Machiavel, to name a few) all agreed that owning weapons was the basis for political and civil freedom. Period.

If you think you could possibly argue with those people, you are plain retarded.
>>
File: Stop that.jpg (69 KB, 609x720) Image search: [Google]
Stop that.jpg
69 KB, 609x720
>>73528547
>>
>>73529430
haha you fat scum are funny as a piece of stinky shit

just get gassed sometime
>>
>>73530534
you dropped this hombre
>>
Yea, as if the US military hasn't been stuck in a quagmire of shit in the middle east for the last decade by a bunch of goatfuckers with small arms and homemade bombs.
>>
>>73526174
That's a pretty niche meme, I love it.
>>
>>73527070
then it becomes a fair fight.
>>
>>73529398
English Common Law, John Locke.
>>
>>73526174

The private ownership of military weapons is the citizen's primary leverage against the excesses of government and would-be tyranny.

Whenever a malicious power comes into control of a country, the first thing they begin to do is limit the ability of the individual citizen to organize and defend their freedoms. This was seen many, many times through the microcosm of ancient Greek history, and many more after through world history.

Once the ball gets rolling, it inevitably ends in despotism as those in power realize there is no longer a consistent bulwark against tyranny.
>>
File: myboys.jpg (46 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
myboys.jpg
46 KB, 575x575
>>73526174
>Can you explain why owning guns is so important.

the jews make money by selling guns so they have brainwashed ever amerilard with a small dick into thinking they need a gun to defend themselves against the big black cock even though most handguns are turned against their owner within seconds of a home invasion.

also it is thought that owning a gun will help in the event of the zombie apocalypse for finding meat for the family to eat.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.