[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a story of how harmless choices can make a harmful world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: ForAPureYellowWorld.png (19 KB, 284x312) Image search: [Google]
ForAPureYellowWorld.png
19 KB, 284x312
Cute segregation sim is based off the work of Nobel Prize-winning game theorist, Thomas Schelling. Specifically, his 1971 paper, Dynamic Models of Segregation:

http://ncase.me/polygons/

>Schelling

Damn it Pol, I can't unsee.
>>
File: 1462733912231.jpg (82 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1462733912231.jpg
82 KB, 1008x672
What awful Jewish manipulation, what stinking deceit to avoid the obvious conclusion of these simulations.

SEGREGATION IS GOOD.

EVERYBODY IS HAPPIER.
>>
I cry every tiem.
>>
>>73466471
but surely it is just a coincidence, right right?
>>
File: FRIENDSHIP.png (64 KB, 879x599) Image search: [Google]
FRIENDSHIP.png
64 KB, 879x599
The best ship is friendship.
>>
File: best demographics.png (52 KB, 1076x646) Image search: [Google]
best demographics.png
52 KB, 1076x646
>>
>>73466161
very cute and informative
solid 9/10
>>
>set it to "i'll move if less than 100% of my neighbors are like me"
>segregation never goes over 5%
Clearly the most progressive option is for nobody to be happy
>>
>>73466471
That's what I'm wondering.

>People prefer their own kind
>People get unhappy if their neighborhood gets too diverse (whole body of academic research on that, it's considered a basic fact of life)
>Let's acknowledge that, but then tell people to just snap out of being prejudiced and push for more mixing even though it'll make all parties hate each other and their neighborhood

Attaching such a conclusion to an analysis that hints at the exact opposite takes some real balls... or a real big nose.
>>
This website is great.
I am starting my trip to Saudi Arabia
Just like the second half of the website, they will be enlightened and started to accept diversity.
>>
>>73469886
You're looking at people as individuals. The authors, considering their suggestions for activism at the bottom of the page, look at people as mere carriers of certain collective privilege and/or oppression.

They're ideologues. They think doing what we suggest would make most very happy but some unhappy, but that what they suggest would make everyone really unhappy at first but happy in the end once they teach us the error of our ways.
>>
>>73466161
I remember seeing this when I was bluepilled and thinking about how profound it was.

The fundamental flaw is the assumption that segregation is harmful. If people don't care about who their neighbours are, 100% of people are happy with their neighbours, but because it causes segregation it's still bad.
>>
>>73470828
That's ideology for you. They say they know what's best for you, even if you do not know it or want it. They see themselves as a mother giving her child some bad-tasting medicine.
>>
File: 1453664060977.jpg (8 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
1453664060977.jpg
8 KB, 300x218
>>73470479
>Attaching such a conclusion to an analysis that hints at the exact opposite takes some real balls... or a real big nose.
I think we know which one it is.
>>
>>73466161
>when you lower down the bottom line, whoever was happy continues to be happy.
>but that's bad and you have to get more diverse even if noone gets happier.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.