[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheism and Liberalism...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 26
File: 1460165367704.jpg (215 KB, 1300x951) Image search: [Google]
1460165367704.jpg
215 KB, 1300x951
Why do so many atheists tend to be liberals?
>>
>>73428730
atheists are servants of the devil because they do not know God, so they are liberals because the devil wants to destroy society and Christianity with immorality and such things
>>
>>73428730
Because most conservatives act on their religious beliefs with their law-making/politics rather than keeping their religious beliefs separate from it.
>>
>>73428730
Because atheism is hedonism by another name and liberalism is the manifestation of hedonism as a political doctrine.
>>
>>73428730
Because atheism is apathy towards the ultimate question.

That apathy will bleed into other things of your life.

If God doesn't exist or it's just impossible to know then everyone is equally wrong/right. This means a Muslim is as right/wrong as a Christian.

Apathy in religion leads to apathy in culture and people.

All cultures are equally good/bad, African culture is equal to European culture, just as good/bad. No one is better than the other.
>>
>>73428730
I knew 2 atheists very well, and both were very dedicated to communism. That being said, they also were into the Occupy whatever trend a few years back
>>
>>73428730
>so many

They're pretty much all liberals. Atheism, other than just a personal view, is the original SJW crowd. Whining about imaginary violations to their identity. If a Christmas tree offends you, you're a SJW.
>>
>>73429037

Atheists do the exact same thing, and that's okay because divorcing the questions "What is the nature of reality" (religion) and "What should we do?" (politics) is retarded anyway.
>>
To me christianity is more hedonistic.

Under jesus, you can sin sin and rob and rape and steal and have degenerate sex all you want, but it doesn't matter since you can just accept Christ as your savior, go to heaven and be saved.

An atheist on the other hand, has only this life in mind, so he's more hesitant to act out, risking his life and livelihood and he must seek forgiveness not from a divine figure but from the people he wronged.

And christianity is pure communism:
“All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need” (Acts 2:44-45)
>>
>>73429388
I never did understand how they could be offended by traditions they don't even believe.
>>
>>73428730
Because both are essentially anti-cultural movements.
>>
>>73429923
>I never went to Church but think I know things about Christianity.
Your repentance must be sincere. God can see through a lie like that.

Atheism is hedonism. Without a God to live for, you have only yourself to live for. That is the first step on the path to hedonism. I have never met a hedonist who was not an atheist as well.
>>
Because who gives a fuck?
>>
I'm a conservative atheist.
>>
File: 1460335569443.jpg (104 KB, 504x672) Image search: [Google]
1460335569443.jpg
104 KB, 504x672
>>73429025
2/10 for making be reply to this bait
>>
>>73428730
I'm an atheist conservative-leaning moderate. Empirically, the policies work better than the left.
>>
>>73430264
You are the sort of degenerate that conservatism must strive against. I bet your a lolbertarian too.
>>
>>73429101
Fuck off with the moral relativism. That shit has permeated every aspect of higher-level education, and nothing good has come of it.
>>
>>73430368
Libertarians can fuck off. Explain how I'm degenerate please.
>>
>>73428730
Because they see the right and the religious far right as one in the same.
>>
>>73428730
Atheism is a Jewish political arm used to subvert European culture with it's Christian ties while under the guise of humanism introduces degenerate thinking.
>Christianity against homosexuality shows Christianity is barbaric
Really this is a two-pronged attack making Christianity appear backwards while promoting homosexuality.
Of course most atheists, most not all, are too proud to realize they're politicized and being misled.
>>
>>73430025
Bullshit. I have a very strong sense of my background and culture. And frankly am tired of the influx of foreigners and decay of law and order in this country.
>>
>>73430118
Grew up Catholic, dipshit.

I'm now UU.

And who's to say you aren't lying? If you genuinely believe in Christ and genuinely believe you'll be saved, you will be.
>>
File: 1446915120490.jpg (230 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1446915120490.jpg
230 KB, 900x675
>>73429923
this

>Christianity
cuck cult
>>
>>73430480
Atheism inherently encourages degeneracy by removing the fear of eternal fire and removing the church from their regular lives, which itself serves as a sort of "School of Life" for the average person.

Atheism may well be correct in fact, but society is better off with religion regardless of whether or not it is actually true.
>>
>>73429923
>Under jesus, you can sin sin and rob and rape and steal and have degenerate sex all you want, but it doesn't matter since you can just accept Christ as your savior, go to heaven and be saved.

The damage Protestants and their batshit theology have done to humanity is incalculable.
>>
>>73430645
Then how is that hedonism? Living with the intent to be saved will most probably lead to hellfire.
>>
>>73428730
Why do so many liberals tend to be atheists, you mean? It's because the conservative right tends to be religious.
>>
>>73430960
>you will know them by their fruits

How hard is it?
>>
>>73430463
What sets the standards of morality? How can morality even be objective?
>>
>>73428730

Well the bible is FULL of liberal minded people being smitted. Fire and sulfur raining from the sky, and since they think they bible is fake, they just brand it "homophobic" since it was "written by men"
>>
>>73428730
Because conservative politicians have been busy demonizing nonreligion and riding the religious right's dick for votes.
>>
>>73428730
Because atheism requires introspection and a certain intellectual incline.
Having faith in a god is the baseline for most of the world. So an emergent atheists have to question their own norms and views, especially those passed down from their parents and teachers.
Such mindsets are commonly associated with intellect, which makes atheist more likely to go to university.

Which would be completely fine if this were still 50 years ago. As any /pol/tard knows, modern day universities and their student bodies have heavily shifted to the left. Adopting dubious theories on topics as race, gender, videogames or literature.

It's unfortunate that the mindset that made early atheists reject a faith does not lead them to reject these new theories as well.

Well, that's not true. It's mostly the new generation of university atheists that is drinking this cool aid. The old guard, Dawkins and others, reject illogical SJW theories just as strongly as other religious theories.

In my opinion what happened was a cultural shift. Religious believes were pushed back through the sound, logical arguments of the early atheists, which made the next generation grow up with atheism or at the very least indifference to religion as their norm,
This means that now young atheists fresh from university did not come to their atheism by actively rejecting parental believes. Thus they're also no more likely to reject leftism than any other person.
>>
>>73429101
Yep, you are one of the cucks who will be bred out by Ahmed the Inbred.

Your attitude to culture is unprecidented in its cuckness. You willingly admit that MUSLIM """""CULTURE""""" is the as good as THE FREE WEST when one is built on a thousand years of science and progress and the other is built on the writings of an insane terrorist pedophile from the 7th century.
>>
>>73430519
This.

I also want to remind everyone how bias the media and everything/one really is. Liberals (even the senseful ones) legitimately believe that conservatives are bad people. My parents were democrats and never talked much politics but from everything else while growing up I believed democrats/liberals were good people who fight for equality while conservatives are seen as religious and restricting others' rights for the simple fact it was against their religion and couldn't "live and let live". It wasn't even until college I finally saw liberals as the scum they are (although I do retain some liberal stances on social issues). People automatically believe you are a bad person if you are a republican, even if you are moderate. They are brainwashed. I don't want to necessary say it's Bush Jr.'s fault but this sort of mindset really started taking off during his terms.
>>
>>73431689
>and a certain intellectual incline.

The emotional intensity of most atheists regarding their beliefs speak otherwise, likewise the absolute belief that no spiritual world or deity exists without proof itself is anti-intellectual.
>>
>>73428730
Because for a lot of us our Atheism is partly borne out of a desire for freedom. Meaning classical liberalism. Which is NOT any of this SJW bullshit.

I'm a proper liberal, which sadly means that nowadays /pol/ is where I need to come find some sanity. Shit.
>>
>>73429074
>believing that life was meant for more than just blazing your way through it on the straight and narrow most efficient money making path and that as a species we are only as strong as our weakest member, making us all naturally obligated to each other
>hedonism
>>
liberals tend to be gay
bible hates gays
so liberals tend to become atheists
>>
>>73428730
Because liberalism is the dominant group think so everyone are usually liberals dumbass.
If it wasn't for abortion and fag marriage most Christians would be liberals too
Now fuck off
>>
>>73432437
Brazil knows what's up.
>>
>>73430939
Okay? All I'm concerned about is the strengthening of the nation that I live in, and the current policies we have going do NOT promote a stronger nation.

I could go on, but I'll shorthand this by saying MAGA.
>>
>>73429923
>And christianity is pure communism:
>"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need” (Acts 2:44-45)
This is charity, not communism.

Communism would be the state taking your stuff and giving it to the poor. Christianity is you wanting to provide for the poor yourself.
>>
>>73428730
Im moreso conservative, even though im atheist
>>
File: Dahmer+Quote.jpg (174 KB, 1600x933) Image search: [Google]
Dahmer+Quote.jpg
174 KB, 1600x933
>>73429923

Wasn't Jeffery Dhamer an atheist? Didn't he become an atheist because he didn't like being told what he should do with his life?
>>
>>73432675

>I want the freedom to be a hypocrite

>t. Christian
>>
>>73432649
That guy is full of shit. He thinks humans can't be good without being threated to death, therefore he assumes everyone is inherently evil. Don't listen to batshit crazy religious zealots.
>>
>>73429923
I grew up in Georgia and I was taught that if you did bad things, forgiveness didn't mean anything unless you:

>meant it, truly.
and
>changed your life IMMEDIATELY

I was taught that people who sin during the week, and ask for forgiveness on Sunday, are going to hell, because they are basically mocking God. I was told that following the Bible wasn't the secret to "winning" at life; it was just being a good person, acknowledging that God, sin, Heaven, and Hell exist, and trying to be conscious of those elements during your decision-making.
>>
>>73433017
Yeah I know, I've been arguing these subjects for longer than I'd like to admit. I don't see the point in debating them so I just let them say that.
>>
>>73428730
The Amazing Atheist is a conservative, afaik. Also he had some sort of wacky sexual misadventure with a banana. Way to go! I'm so proud of you, TAA! Fuck off.
>>
>>73428730
Liberalism is actually good, for whites, who make up most of the atheist community in the US.
>>
File: swimming refugees cartoon.jpg (573 KB, 1247x1774) Image search: [Google]
swimming refugees cartoon.jpg
573 KB, 1247x1774
>>73430480
THIS THIS THIS

People who say "we would be good without religion, people are naturally good" are full of shit. If tomorrow we woke up in a world where there was no religion, and never had been any, I guarantee hardcore drug use and STD's would be so rampant you couldn't go a block without seeing a junkie shooting up, while having sex with another junkie, and both of them are swapping diseases.

Humans, when sunken into a state of incessant "instant gratification" style thinking, are prone to doing fucking disgusting things. Research Babylon and Sodom and Gomorrah.

>pic is info cartoon in Swedish pools to try (meekly) to stop the Rapeaggedon
>>
>>73433412
>The Amazing Atheist is a conservative

Based on what? He's pro-guns and anti-feminist, other than that, he's as liberal as they come.
>>
>>73432240
>emotional intensity
Are we talking about old school atheists or the new SJW atheists?

>absolute belief that no spiritual world or deity exists without proof itself is anti-intellectual
No atheist is expressing such an absolute belief. Even so, not believing baseless claims is not anti-intellectual. Especially when the other side does the very same for any deity but their own.

Anyway, the topic of this thread is only really valid in American society. I'd argue that there exists a strong conservative, atheist presence in most European countries.
Very few people in Europe take their religion serious on more than a feel-good level. Atheism in Europe has no enemys left to fight. Unless Islam grows very fast, all that's left from religious influence in Europe are privileges and laws left over from earlier centuries. (Yes, agreements signed in the Napoleonic era still regulate some parts).
>>
>>73433598
Probably among the low-IQ groups. They will be superfluous soon anyway, who really cares about them?
>>
>>73428730
I don't know but the direct connection with atheism and liberalism is largely the reason I'm agnostic now, used to be full fedora'd atheist in the past.
>>
>>73428730
Because we'll never achieve freedom until last king is hanged on intestines of the last priest.
>>
>>73433598
>"People without religion would do degenerate stuff"
>uses make-believe stories found in a religious book as case study
>>
File: barry-goldwater-preachers.jpg (58 KB, 601x425) Image search: [Google]
barry-goldwater-preachers.jpg
58 KB, 601x425
>>73428730
In recent decades conservatives highly tied themselves to religion, where else do you think Atheists were going to end up? Which is really shitty because there are tons of Atheists out there with conservative views who have been driven away by the heavy emphasis on religion in conservative circles. Its taking extreme modern feminism and other SJW ilk to make many realize that they aren't actually leftists.
>>
>>73433598
How about this: religion does nothing for us because people are naturally evil and selfish and nothing can stop it. We've had religion for thousands of years, and the raping and the killing never ends. What good is it, then?
>>
File: 1462742881678.png (388 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462742881678.png
388 KB, 576x1024
>>73428730
Because they is gay
>>
>>73428730
Because Atheism is the supression of the truth that God had revealed to them, through there suppression, they have a world view that leads to absurdity
>>
>>73433598
People are naturally good to their in-group though. Their selfish genes will make it so.

Also I hope this is bait because that sure ain't swedish lol
>>
>>73429171
Everyone knows God exists Romans 1:-18-22
>>
Conservative Libertarian Atheist here

It's because it's hip and trendy and atheists are just as likely to be retarded liberals as anyone else
>>
>>73433598
People aren't naturally good or evil, but certain races, cultures, and general areas of the world excel at churning out evil people.
>>
>>73429101
Everyone knows God exists, they just hate him in their sinful nature
>>
File: 5e6.png (12 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
5e6.png
12 KB, 469x463
>>73434111

>Selfish Gene
>Richard Dawkins
>>
>>73433802
>largely the reason I'm agnostic now

I hope you're smart enough to know Agnosticism isn't a middle-man/mutually-exclusive and you, basically, admit to being an intellectual-coward due to the left usurping Atheism.
>>
>>73433598
You equate atheism with "instant gratification" style thinking. But there have been lots of hedonistic and deeply religious societys.

There are also lots of societys that are not hedonistic with a very low belief in deitys. Japan or several European countries for example.

Also, that pic is from Germany.
>>
>>73433598
>If tomorrow we woke up in a world where there was no religion, and never had been any, I guarantee hardcore drug use
clearly never taken a drug, drugs cause mystical experience and mystical experience precedes all organised religion, the two are inseparable, what you are saying is like saying imagine waking up tomorrow and finding white without black, or solid without space

you are literally clueless
>>
I'm an atheist and a hard core conservative
>>
right wing atheist reporting in. yeah, I gotta admit that most atheists are stupid leftists desu.
>>
>>73434443
This. I'm exactly the same way, nothing annoys me more than fedora tipping cucked atheists.
>>
>>73434390
And you know that to be true?
>>
I would seriously like to reconnect with my local Catholic church, but I know it won't work out. I'm married to a dude and no matter what, I'm not going to accept that the bond I built with him is wrong. I don't know if I could really feel like God is real, anyway. Sometimes I watch them go to Mass from my place. Sometimes I even hang out in the gardens late in the day. Look at the statue of Mary and Christ and the beautiful stained glass murals, and I just feel a gulf that I can't bridge.
>>
File: 1339019809205.jpg (36 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
1339019809205.jpg
36 KB, 400x352
>>73428730
no idea, anon....
>>
>>73434670
Catholicism teaches a false doctrine, and you know God exists,
>>
>>73428730
>Why do so many atheists tend to be liberals?

Because cuckservatives couldn't get over their jew worship for a second to cater to them in an apporpriate fashion.
>>
File: 1441414689389.jpg (27 KB, 324x405) Image search: [Google]
1441414689389.jpg
27 KB, 324x405
>>73434074
>Jewish war god
>truth

this is why you're fucking cucks
>>
>>73433598
Wew lad
Rousseau would tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>73434074
>truth
>revealed

Time for another ride on the carousel? :^)
>>
>>73434880
Jews are not Going to heaven unless they repent and put their trust in God.
Most of them reject Jesus, and if they dont repent they will not escape judgement.
>>
File: warrior.jpg (50 KB, 480x383) Image search: [Google]
warrior.jpg
50 KB, 480x383
>>73434670

I'm a catholic, a new catholic, and pretty much everything i've learned about in Catholicism is that Catholicism is Peace, Love, and helping your fellow man. People can Kissesfeet.jpg all they want, but what brought me to the church to begin with was that it wasn't hellfire and brimstone. it was love.

Give it a go, Anon. The worst they can say is "no." And you won't feel God, if you don't look for him. Even if they say No, your heart will guide you to God.
>>
>>73435065
>allowing jews to repent
>not cucked
>>
Atheists throw out all morality in order to achieve a sort of new order in which they, deep down, believe will bring them pussy because everyone under their lack of norms would be a degenerate whore. They're generally bottom of the barrel types who know they have neither the willpower nor the genetic predispositions to become Chad.

98% are disgusting people that only want to bring everyone else down, just like women and nogs.

t. atheist
>>
Conservatism is deeply intertwined with religion. It stands to argue that most religious people will lean right. This is why we have poor hillbillies voting conservative, even when their economic policies aren't in these peoples best interest. Religion trumps everything in the end. They vote for the guy who mentions god the most.

Liberal atheist like in the OP are contradictory cancers. These people are gay and women equality yet they defend the teachings of Islam and stand with Muslims rights to live by sharia law. These are the people beheading atheist, killing all gays, and treating women like cow shit.

Makes zero sense.
>>
>>73434968
You know that God exists, but you love your sinful nature to accept that, all im going to tell you to do is to get on your knees and beg for forgiveness and put your trust in Christ, if your heart is to hardened to do that then talking to you will be useless
>>
>>73429101
You are mudshit. White people are born with moral compass, ability to differenciate right from wrong.
Thats what sets white people apart from a monkey like you which needs god to tell it what is right and what is wrong
>>
File: Sam_Harris_2016.jpg (55 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Harris_2016.jpg
55 KB, 1024x684
>>73428730
Special Snowflakism
>i'm oppressed
>i'm also smart

All you need to know. Just suckers for Jewish Tricks.
>>
>>73435279
>You know that God exists

Which one? How do I know that?
>>
>>73435086
Catholicism teaches a doctrine that goes against scripture, please read your bible, Ephesians 2:8-10
Galations 1:6-10. your religion wont save you, only Jesus can
>>
>>73435442
Romans 1:18-22
>>
>>73435300
But islam is the only religion to say no to premarital marriage, showing your sexual body parts, etc. Don't talk about morals to islam, you know that islam is like the very moraled.
>>
>>73430368
You should thank your fellow evangelicals for fucking over conservative politics in the US. You pretty much ruined your own reputation by putting so much focus on dumb bullshit like worrying about fags and abortion that you push away a lot of people who actually care about immigration, economics, etc.
>>
>>73435122
God changes their heart.
>>
>>73434783
Whatever homie, Catholics say the same thing about Protestants. I'm American but the ritual and history of the Church makes it seem like the right way to go. I'm not going to have a religious experience at a Baptist Church service, I'm sure.
>>73435086
That's what I want. I guess that it really doesn't matter to me if God is real. I want that sense of divine purpose. Universal love and forgiveness. I loved the doctrine of Christ when I was young, but the American obsession with biblical literalism and petty shit like homosexuality drove me away. Back then I was obsessed with what was true or not. That doesn't seem to matter as much to me. I've drowned in relativism and gotten more and more paranoid and cynical. I want to be able to really love strangers again, and I feel like the Catholics at least get that. Am I rambling?
>>
>>73435230
>implying this isn't 98% of all humans

t. Human
>>
>>73435602
That doesn't answer my questions.
>>
>>73435490

>Implying that Catholicism isn't built around the teachings and worship of Jesus.

Do some research on the catholic church history. Jesus Christ appointed Saint Peter to be the founder of his church (The catholic church).
>>
>>73435714
again i said its not religion that saves you, there are plenty of un repentant baptists who are going to hell, It doesn't matter your religion, only Jesus can save. Catholic church gives Authority to man, and this goes against the Bible
>>
>>73435754
>implying it is
I mean the majority of humans are still stupid and directionless but if I had to guess, the percentage of the total population would be more like 80-85%
>>
>>73435872
Show me a verse proving apostalic succession, peter can be the leader, but he didnt have christs Authority. you are only saved by Jesus
>>
>>73435668
>premarital marriage

Yeah, no, islam allows 60 year old men marry 9 year olds.
There is nothing moral in islam, and even if there is its still a way of telling people how to live. People who need fantasy tale a guide to life are monkeys
>>
>>73435785
The same way everybody else, revelation from the God that everyone knows exists
>>
>>73435979
I'm not interested in being saved. I accept that I'm damned. I just want to do good works on earth, change myself back to the forgiving person I was a long time again. I want to lie to myself about God and Jesus and all the saints until I really believe. At least the Catholics will let me in.
>>
>>73435979
there is no authority to man in the catholic church, get your facts straight. The pope is the guy that interpret the message of Saint Peter to the best of his knowledge. Please, again, do research. Better yet, read the book "This Is Our Faith" to get a better understanding.
>>
>>73436242
That sounds a lot like that "claiming to be wise but being fools" thing in that verse you posted, lad.
>>
>>73436327
Well have a nice day then
>>
>>73428730
There has always been this intellectual sympathy between the Left and Atheism.
The reason being Leftism seeks to place The State as the highest authority that can give or take Freedom and Liberty at will as the state sees fit,, it's like political humanism.
>trust man in general
The heart of atheism is the declaration "there is no God".
It's not an informed position it's not an analytical position and most are confounded to realize that their arguments are generally puerile and polemic, and their beliefs wafer thin.
>>
>>73436355
So if the holy orders teach a message that contradicts the Bible, which one is right?
>>
>>73436604
Psalm 14
>>
>>73436397
No i dont deny God exists, but when an atheist uses the tools and gifts that they know God gave them, to try and disproove him, that is pretty foolish.
>>
File: 1461841344914.jpg (56 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
1461841344914.jpg
56 KB, 405x600
>>73428730

Atheist and practically anti-liberal (anti-collectivist really) and clearly need to 'shout out'.

Also bi, think San Francisco's parades should be 18+, PERIOD.

I'm a gun toting, war fighting, freedom loving, individualist. I know most are...but think that is them exploring their emotional side and normally would be told "You're wrong." by society but aren't because of the 'Great Unlearning' of the late 20th, early 21st, centuries.

*Can't find anything on the pic, anyone know if it's a true quote or amade up one?*
>>
>>73428730
I have two theories.

1. The cringeman theory: They are/were trying to be edgy/intelekshual, and either they still believe it's edgy and "against the status quo", or they're too far gone and too embarrassed to seek salvation.

2. The normal brain evolved to believe in that which cannot be seen as a coping mechanism, and for whatever reason, they're mentally retarded in that area.
>>
>>73436916
>they know
>how
>because i know
>how
>because god told me
>how do you know it was god that told you
>because I know

>>73428730
>Why do so many atheists tend to be liberals?

Because the right gets fucked over with guilt by association thanks to retards like this guy.
>>
>>73428730
Both are acts of rebelling against daddy.
>>
>>73432342
Communism doesn't work.
>>
>>73437122
Are you using logic fedora man?
>>
>>73428730
Because by now, in the age of 'militant Islam', most conservatives have re-adopted their Christian faith (about which they never really cared) in a superficial, sanctimonious and showboating way.
>>
File: manul-cat-face-eyes-768x1366.jpg (300 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
manul-cat-face-eyes-768x1366.jpg
300 KB, 1366x768
>>73428730
Molyneux explained it pretty well. In general, everyone has a god, there is a space in the human consciousness that must be occupied by such a concept. Most Atheists will give you a bullshit answer of "science," but the truth is that most of them actually worship the government. Leftism is the new religion, complete with its saints, its taboos and its human sacrifices.
>>
>>73437397
Again with the implication that I'm an atheist, because that worked so well the last 3 times.
>>
>>73437621
Why do you think Islam is such a violent religion?
>>
>>73437397
What makes your holy book any more valid than the millions of others that have been written throughout mankind's history? Because you can "feel" it? Just like everyone else who has ever chosen to put their faith in any religion?
>>
>>73437630
>molyneux
HAHAHAHAHAH

>not an argument
MOM, LOOK, I SAID IT AGAIN
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73437630
>there is a space in the human consciousness that must be occupied by such a concept
[c.n.]
>>
>>73437630
>there is a space in the human consciousness that must be occupied by such a concept.

I don't believe that to be true... I understand why a Syrian mother picking her child's remains out of the rubble needs to believe in a deity, and why those people who arrogantly sneer at that notion are insufferable, but to suggest that there's a void in every human that must be filled by something that (however absractly) represents God is just nonsense. If everyone possessed the capacity for such fear then the world would not look like it does.
>>
>>73437857
Romans 1:18-22
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

people make false idols, but the true God has reveled himself to everyone, so that they are with out excuse, so to sum up the baisics
I know the same way everyone else knows
>>
>>73434580
That I don't believe in God and I have what would be considered extreme right wing beliefs?
>>
>>73438255
How does referencing your own book prove your own book's teaching? Again, how does this disprove all the countless other religions that have done the same?
>>
>>73438255
>my book is the only true one because it says so
>the true God has reveled himself to everyone

Looks like he forgot a few billion people in the history of mankind.
>>
>>73437124
Well maybe if daddy would just pay attention and discipline me, this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>73438151
We will differ on that matter then, but I think it explains human behavior adequately, and it's definitely true when it comes to Leftists.
>>
File: comparative memeology.png (225 KB, 766x463) Image search: [Google]
comparative memeology.png
225 KB, 766x463
>>73437857
>What makes your holy book any more valid than the millions of others
>implying they're not all just the same fucking story
You ignorant fuck. Just stop posting.

Pic related, you can find the same archetypal mythological figures in all religions. Even the Bible, Norse myths, and Celtic myths have stories that hold parallel archetypes.
>>
>>73437770
Because its teachings are antiquated and violent and, while some have the capacity to acknowledge this and sift through the bullshit, many do not and interpret it literally and use it as an excuse to carry out their own, personal, egotistical behaviour.
>>
>>73438255
>I know the same way everyone else knows

You know because of circular logic, lad: >>73437122
"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools " :^)
>>
Both are signs of a dysfunctional mind.
>>
You can't do whatever you want if God is judging you.

Leftism and atheism go hand in hand.

Do what though wilt is their law
>>
>>73437982
Mom look i said it again hahahahaa u non libertarians are funny
>>
>>73438347
Yes can you know for certain anything to be true?
>>
>>73437630
Rightism is a religion
>>
>>73438393
are you any of these religions?
>>
>>73438495
Without God, you cant know anything to be true
>>
>>73438827
How do you know that?
>>
>>73438481
has there been any non catholic wars of Christianity?
>>
because christians are more moral, so obviously they tend to be conservative
>>
>>73438877
He presupposes that you have to believe in a god to know anything. Ignore the philosophical circle jerk.
>>
>>73438969
I like your response, are you born again
>>
>>73428730
I think you got that observation a bit backwards...

Atheism is a central tenet of communism, therefore nearly all liberals (socialist/communists) are (generally) atheistic.

Whereas not all atheists are liberal.

I think in the US, republicans are very much religious, whereas libertarians tend not to be (or better, religion should not have a place in government at all), and both are very much on the right.
>>
>>73438903
Pretty much every British imperial conquest in the name of the Crown (and therefore of God) has been a non-Catholic war of Christianity.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (73 KB, 1247x473) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
73 KB, 1247x473
>>73433598
>>
If you are a christian you are insane. Maybe not the straightjacket wearing loony bin kind, but you're not connected with reality. When I hear christians talk seriously about their faith, it's laughable and childish. It's like African villagers running away from cameras because they think it'll steal their soul. It's the exact same level of critical thought.
>>
So much cringe-tier armchair statistics in this thread.
>>
>>73433017
This desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 461x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 461x375
>>73439403
Care to explain how and why Christian people are insane, and please refrian from the science meme.
You know full well that does not collide with religion.
>>
Most atheists are liberal (over 80%) because they're edgelords who have been brainwashed by the state to rebel against their parents.
In our schools we teach our children about the evil, racist, sexist, white Christian men who stole land from the peaceful, noble natives and developed an immoral society that invents medicine and communicates at the speed of light. It shouldn't be that much of a surprise that they abandon Christianity and run straight into the arms of the state. They aren't atheists or liberals, they're Marxists and most don't even realize it.
As a member of the 20%, I resent these Marxists for tainting every friendship I have with christbros. I don't want to change Christians, you guys are the only people left with a sense of humor. But I also can't help but feel sorry for liberal atheists. They've accepted a new God that's even worse and don't realize it.
The Christian God can at least fill his followers with peace and reverence, the State God only fills mass graves.

tl;dr you're not really an atheist if you put your faith in the state
>>
>>73439999
>please refrian from [...] meme
>posts meme pic
>>
>>73439999
God blessed this post with quads. Checkmate atheists
>>
>>73440074
Pretty much when you have no faith in anything you start to put your faith in stupid shit like the government and what not.
>>
File: kek akbar.jpg (52 KB, 552x615) Image search: [Google]
kek akbar.jpg
52 KB, 552x615
>>73440419
And there is only one god that deals in repeating digits.
>>
>there are people here who are unironically liberal
Liberalism is for the uneducated who think themselves scholars, that's why they're all atheist.

You can tell a true religion from a synthetic religion by the amount they have in common with other religions. Liberals think they have it all figured out so they don't do their research. If you know anything about comparative mythology, you'd know that no matter where in the world, myths all have unifying themes and archetypes. These archetypes are basic understandings of the spiritual history of mankind. From the Americas to Oceania to Eurasia to Africa, there are stories which match up to each other. How would an atheist postulate that the Indo-European peoples managed to spread their believes to fucking America? Atheists will immediately look at this post and consider it some sort of ramblings from a retard. While that may be true, because I'm fucking around with several things right now, I'm sure you can pick out what I'm trying to say if you have at least a little intelligence, ie. not a liberal.
>>
>>73430606
#Notallatheist.
>>
>>73438423
Tyrone was in prison son. And it's your fault.
>>
File: Violent Purge.jpg (47 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Violent Purge.jpg
47 KB, 750x600
>>
>>73432926
>"i don't know why people feel empathy without religion"
>t. sociopath
>>
>>73440485
It doesn't help that by abandoning Christianity the liberal atheists have also tossed away the 5000 years of Western philosophy that had become intertwined with the faith.
>>
>>73428730
just to oppose christfags
>>
>>73442070
sociopath, noun
>a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.
conscience, noun
>an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.
What do you think that "inner feeling or voice" is? You think it's just your biological imperative to be an upstanding member of society?
>>
Are you kidding?

Leftists are the worst religious fanatics in the world aside from muslims.

They're all devout believers in the psuedoscientific global warming cult.
>>
>>73428730
Becoming atheist tends to involve rethinking a lot of stuff. Not just theological matters but also political ones.

I'm a moderate atheist. Prosetylising annoys the fuck out of me, whether it's religo's or other atheists.

I do however feel that a lot of the argumentative types could prove useful in the struggle against the islamification of Europe. Get that logic out there, get muslims questioning their beliefs.
>>
>>73438594
I'm literally a libertarian bro
>>
>>73432675
I'd disagree, charity implies that there is a reasonable choice where the donor is not coerced into sacrificing their material possessions. In the Christian faith failing to partake in charitable acts and an obsession with self and the material world equate to sins worthy of eternal damnation. Therefore the Christian coerced by the threat of hell and enticed by the salvation of heaven to behave in a particularly 'charitable' manner.
>>
I'm an atheist, and I'm a libertarian. Liberals and conservatives are mouth breathing retards. So is /pol/.
>>
>>73443570
roads bitch whos the mouth breathing retard now
>>
>>73443758
>Muh roads
>>
File: stefan.jpg (64 KB, 1453x862) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
64 KB, 1453x862
>>73428730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rD4gD3Oe4
>>
>>73440074
Wew lad

What a crock of shit.
>>
>>73440602
You deserve a (you) for this well thought out post with emotional energy packed into it as well as references to prove your point.
>>
>>73440602
>Iiterally went to r9k to complain that his rambling rant about "adiests b dumb dey don't do da reserch" didn't get replies
Be more butthurt, America.
>>
>>73439205
so the crown is equal to God then
>>
Everyone in this thread needs to read this post now: >>28430714
>>
and by that post I mean here:
>>>/r9k/28430714
>>
>>73435065

not sure if pilpul or genuinely stupid enough to ignore Christcuckoldry's Jewish roots...
>>
>>73445574
Elaborate for me pls
>>
>>73441010

the Emperor was a militant atheist, you know...
>>
>>73442828
>What do you think that "inner feeling or voice" is? You think it's just your biological imperative to be an upstanding member of society?

If you're talking about guilt as a reflex, sure. It's a very useful trait for humans because we needed to be social and form groups to survive. Even animals seem to be capable of guilt.

There's also testable links between physiology and psychopathy.

>Dysfunctions in the prefrontal cortex and amygdala regions of the brain have been associated with specific learning impairments in psychopathy. Since the 1980s, scientists have linked traumatic brain injury, including damage to these regions, with violent and psychopathic behavior. Patients with damage in such areas resembled "psychopathic individuals" whose brains were incapable of acquiring social and moral knowledge; those who acquired damage as children may have trouble conceptualizing social or moral reasoning, while those with adult-acquired damage may be aware of proper social and moral conduct but be unable to behave appropriately. Dysfunctions in the amygdala and ventromedial prefrontal cortex may also impair stimulus-reinforced learning in psychopaths, whether punishment-based or reward-based. People scoring 25 or higher in the PCL-R, with an associated history of violent behavior, appear to have significantly reduced mean microstructural integrity in their uncinate fasciculus—white matter connecting the amygdala and orbitofrontal cortex. There is evidence from DT-MRI, of breakdowns in the white matter connections between these two important areas.[50][51][52][53][54]
>>
>>73446067
Another winner post bro. You earned this (you) reply bro enjoy it. How do you feel tell me?
>>
>>73442862
This, but their unfalsifiable worldviews on oppression and confirmation bias are a better example
>>
File: 1451622040066.jpg (49 KB, 498x486) Image search: [Google]
1451622040066.jpg
49 KB, 498x486
>>73445809
Christcucks worship the Jewish messiah sent by the Jewish God according to Jewish prophets. It all relies on the idea that the Jews weren't lying though their teeth and just made up all this shit. When the cucks get called out on this, they go turbo-kike and play word games denying the Jewish origins of their shit religion.
>>
>>73446337
The Jews hated Jesus and his followers, they did anything they could to have them killed or cause them to stumble, but through the power of God, even though they were once Jews, they were sanctified by God's grace, and became born again.
>>
>>73446782
now this is pilpul...
>>
>>73431381
morality follows logical rules
>>
>>73447074
What religion are you?
>>
File: 1386128121759.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1386128121759.png
269 KB, 450x488
>>73447181
definitely not anything with Jewish origins, that's for fucking sure
>>
>>73447404
>have you ever studied history, two of the leaders of the protestant reformation do not like Jews.
if you read the bible, it talks about how the jews kept on disobeying God, and got owned for it, read Exodust, Jeramiah, and the Gospels,
>>
>be Atheist
>not libtard

Is it really a liberal thing?
>>
File: 1393573609040.jpg (66 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1393573609040.jpg
66 KB, 520x390
>>73448017
You. Oven. Now.
>>
>>73429037
This desu
>>
>>73448223
i am anti zionist, marxist, and islam, and will do what it takes to stop them, im the definition of not ovenworthy
>>
File: 1385970546582.png (264 KB, 448x421) Image search: [Google]
1385970546582.png
264 KB, 448x421
>>73448581
>>
>>73433764
there are lots of high IQ heroin Junkies they just tend to be mentally ill
>>
File: chaika thinking!.jpg (83 KB, 510x625) Image search: [Google]
chaika thinking!.jpg
83 KB, 510x625
Lefty Atheists came to the conclusion of atheism for the wrong reason, emotions, rather than logic.

The logical atheist looks to evolution as a guide to how society should work for the sake of creating a more genetically adapted human race.

The logical atheist embraces the scientific method and is constantly skeptical, which results in them not being effected by the leftist propaganda that has helped the least adapted (the least successful. aka low IQ populations) to breed heavily while the middle class with average IQ cannot afford to have children and thus shrinks. What has resulted is a heavily skewed populations with a large population of low IQ poor, and small population of average IQ middle class, and a small population of high IQ upper class.

The emotional atheist looks at this situation backwards and rather than looking at the economics and logic, they look at the people who aren't poor and blame them.

Ultimately I think perhaps the lack of acceptance of their own in-group that religion provides has let them to feel like there is something wrong with themselves and thus develop the self persecution complex of the left.
>>
If your human life and rights are god given, no one can take ot away from you and you can fight to the death for them.

If you are athiest your rights are given my the government and are subject to change on their whim. Athiesm is just worshipping a god under another name, government.
>>
>>73451056
I disagree I think the atheist looks at the government as a tool to get what they want done.

The problem is that most atheists have not thought much about their own morality and likely inherited their morals from a less religious liberal parent or developed political views that are the opposite of their very religious conservative parents.

I think I was given a unique opportunity compared to most atheist as my mom is non religious liberal while my dad is a religious conservative. I had to spend a lot of time balancing the two and come to my spiritual and political beliefs as an alt right atheist
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.