[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET Recovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: neet.jpg (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
54 KB, 300x300
Being a NEET has a very large political component, so I hope that this thread is considered relevant here. Are any of you guys NEETs? Are you trying to fix your situation?

I see the "wagecuck" meme a lot here, but does anyone really believe in that nonsense?

Personally, I'm trying to learn to code. I'm hoping to get some kind of codemonkey job--I'll even move to another state and take minimum wage if I have to. I just don't want to work at Subway or Burger King (again) if I can avoid it.
>>
File: IMG_0565.jpg (420 KB, 1599x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0565.jpg
420 KB, 1599x1920
>>73422367

Personal failure is not a political issue. Try r9k.
>>
>>73422934
Part of what contributes to the NEET phenomenon is political. A lot of legislation and policy lead to the sort of cliffs that make it hard to overcome as a NEET
>>
>>73422934
NEET threads are always welcome. Fuck off third worlder.
>>
>>73422367
I rather take tax money that would otherwise be spend oh Ahmed then pay tax money that would be spent on Ahmed.
>>
>>73423468
Is that what you're doing now?
>>
>>73422367
Learning to code is a good way to go. It is a line of work that education does not keep pace with the real world. Plus they don't graduate enough people to fill the roles. It's one of the few professions that you can still self educate in and get a good job. Godspeed.
>>
Would it be better to get a BBA with a concentration in Finance or major in Accounting?
>>
>>73423566
No i got money that i saved earlier so i am currently not contributing or draining anything.

I don't what to do desu. Having work and money is nice but paying 50% of your income to a government that spends it on making your country shittier as fast as fast as possible sucks so hard that i honestly feel that being a bum and living under a tree might be the superior option.

Its not like they are only wasting the tax money on stupid useless shit. That wouldn't be that bad.
>>
>>73424038
Thanks, I'm giving it an honest shot
>>
>>73424296
Any way you can emigrate?
>>
File: NEETpepe.png (198 KB, 1280x809) Image search: [Google]
NEETpepe.png
198 KB, 1280x809
>>73422367
NEET is a way of rebelling against a system that takes a vast portion of your earnings in taxes to fund causes that are unacceptable and leading to the doom of your people. Like mass immigration and a public sector jobs tailored for women. When NEETing you are leeching instead of contributing to said system, thus accelerating it's collapse.
>>
>>73424359
I don't want to, i love the nature here and my family is here.
>>
>>73424830
What does your family think about your situation? Would they care if you were a NEET living on Swedish autismbux?
>>
>>73425601
>What does your family think about your situation?
They where blue pilled as fuck up to two years ago but they have started to wake up but they still think it can be salvaged and they do not realize the extent of the damage.

>Would they care if you were a NEET living on Swedish autismbux?
They would probably frown upon it.
>>
>>73425994
Could be worse I guess--how old are you?
>tfw wasted a straight up decade of life
>>
thread 404?
>>
File: 2de.jpg (43 KB, 622x365) Image search: [Google]
2de.jpg
43 KB, 622x365
>>73422367
Don't fall for the NEET meme.

>inb4 wagecuck shill

No, most of you here are probably men. As men our minds will go haywire without purpose. Sitting around for a few days doing fuckall but browsing 4chan with your hand down your pants, yeah, at first it'll seem nice.

But days will pass, and time will feel as though it's gone by alarmingly fast. Next thing you know you look like a miserable wreck, your mind is not as sharp as it once was. The internet is practically a drug in and of itself and too much of this shit will fuck you right up.

Go be a normalfag if you can, only misery awaits you here. And form fucking hobbies that don't involve just browsing the web.
>>
>>73428483
amen.
>>
>>73424679
This makes zero sense. If you live NEET, you'll be fucking helpless when the system that's sustaining you collapses. Only the people with actual marketable work skills will be employed, and you'll all be fucked.
>>
>>73428612
For context last year I fell hard into a depression and lived the NEET life. Felt solid for a while, but my brain felt like it was frying. Still wondering if I can reverse the damage.

Occupy yourself. There's a reason many people come out of retirement, they have no solid hobbies and learn that doing pretty much nothing with your day is no way to live.
>>
Ok... Actual employed people (or not yet employed but simply anti-NEET) please give me your honest arguments against NEET life without resorting to feels.
I'm employed myself and have been working since freshman year of highschool as well as paid for college and my current car and apartment out of my pocket.

Even though the pro-NEET arguments seem retarded and embarrassingly degenerate, the counter arguments only seem like "muh honor, muh manhood, muh feels good to work for muhself," etc

It almost seems like these are just reverse psychological statements from actual neets trying to prevent the neet bubble from bursting or getting oversaturated like every other gold rush.

So what is it? What are some critical anti-neet arguments
>>
File: pepe eyes.jpg (3 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
pepe eyes.jpg
3 KB, 125x120
>>73429385
me:
>25+
>been with trad gf for a decade (yes, 10 years)
>she wants to be wife
>I just realized that I've wasted years of my own life for no reason
>I feel like I've had a complete mental shift; no longer want to be a man child
>working out 3x a week, getting up at 5 AM and similar
>learning to code

I've been unemployed for like four years though. I'm worried as fuck and my tendies (savings) are running out. I'm starting to buckle, mentally, under the pressure.

Before, I didn't give a single shit, and I happily played video games all day and thought only about video games. Now I'm like.. holy fuck dude, what did you do to yourself?
>>
I've taken the best of both worlds, I have a high paying part time job. I have a disposable income yet only work 24 hours a week. Feels good man.
>>
>>73430008
what about benefits and retirement?
can you elaborate on what you do?
>>
File: 1426963957518.jpg (125 KB, 641x593) Image search: [Google]
1426963957518.jpg
125 KB, 641x593
>>73429760
>Now I'm like.. holy fuck dude, what did you do to yourself?

Mmhmm, this was my realization too, especially after multiple days of waking up hungover and in such excruciating pain.

Living for nothing but idle consumption...months turned to days, days to minutes. It's surprising enough to me now that it's May of 2016.

Granted I learned a lot, found places with people who were as disillusioned as I was. But there comes a time when you get all that you can out of what you're looking for, and it becomes time to move on.

When you receive the message, hang up the phone.
>>
33 HS drop out been a NEET since 2001 AMA
>>
>>73430152
it's like I woke up from a years-long sleep--like that fear some people have where they're actually dreaming and just don't realize it. It's as if that was real for me. It's the strangest sensation.

I feel like I'm miles ahead of where I was but I'm so worried for the future now that I'm stressed as hell.

Anyone have any tips on explaining away a multi-year employment gap?

fuck
>>
>>73430366
Say you owned your own business that failed
>>
>>73422367
I tried learning code but people told me I was stupid, so I stopped. Basically my life.
>>
I am "retired" for the summer. I supplement savings with a landscape job every other week, 60-70hrs a week. I spend my week off shitposting and looking into startup businesses
>>
>>73430465
That's a good idea on paper but in practice I have to explain away four fucking years. I'm a decent liar when I've got actual material to work with but there's no way in hell I can (in terms of ability) lie away four years of nothingness.

What I was actually doing:
>community college on and off
>sleeping until 5 pm and playing battlefield until 9 AM

>>73430616
You're probably not--it really just takes time and consistency. How much time did you put in? If you say less than a couple of weeks full time, I'm going to slap you over TCP/IP
>>
>>73430366
>it's like I woke up from a years-long sleep--like that fear some people have where they're actually dreaming and just don't realize it. It's as if that was real for me. It's the strangest sensation.

There's this spiritualist belief of the 'true self' and, while I'm not going to ramble on about spirituality (since I'm not even that spiritual myself), it can likely be interpreted as your true self emerging out of the muck and filth that you accumulated with your previous lifestyle.

At least, that's the closest comparison to your sensation that I can think of.
>>
>be me
>18 just managed to graduate high school
>have no skills and really socially awkward so just stay at home
>no idea of what to do in future
it's been like this for about four months now, how much worse does it get?
>>
>>73429760
>>learning to code
great, another illiterate nigger thinks he can code without several years of higher education.
more job for me cleaning up after your lot I guess.
>>
>>73422367
In the process of NEET recovery. NEET for a year and a half so maybe I'm not a "real" NEET. Working on self confidence, working out 3 times a week, reducing time gaming, giving more attention to my hobbies and generally living instead of just existing. There's much more to life than NEETdom.
>>
>>73422367

I've worked since I was 16 and absolutely believe in the wagecuck meme. I don't go NEET because I don't feel right taking other people's money, but the work I do is 100% fucking pointless and would be done better, cheaper, and faster if they replaced all of us with robots. I want to kill myself every single second I'm at work and get too drunk to be able to do it every day when I get home. I'm a NET, no education or training and I'm never going to do any job that wouldn't be done better by a robot. The only purpose of my job is to keep people busy and the only reason my employer and every other employer in the field we're in doesn't replace everybody tomorrow is the massive tax breaks the government gives them for hiring humans instead of going automated
>>
File: J U D E N R A U S.jpg (276 KB, 1600x861) Image search: [Google]
J U D E N R A U S.jpg
276 KB, 1600x861
>>73422367
>>
>>73430921
>russian programmer
>talking shit
vlad pls
>>
>>73430152
>Vino tinto Don Simon

My sides, here is what all the beggars use to drink
>>
>>73430863
It gets a lot worse when you're in your 30s and you add a helium tank and CPAP mask in your favorites on Amazon
>>
File: cde.jpg (165 KB, 550x544) Image search: [Google]
cde.jpg
165 KB, 550x544
>>73424038
I've been learning programming and linux system administration stuff for years and have a couple certifications. I dont know where to look for employment though. I feel like all the empty years on my resume will really hurt my chances.
>>
>>73431052
kek nice ad hom, groid
won't make you better at coding though
>>
File: pepe horizon.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
pepe horizon.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1281
>>73430835
I guess I just feel like I was a child and a moron, even up until just a few months ago. Or maybe even now, I guess. I look back on the decisions I've made and some of the things I do and say and think, even today, and I cringe.

I feel like I've got so little time to fix all of it (and in practice I am running out of savings and a place to live).

>>73430863
>>have no skills and really socially awkward so just stay at home
>>no idea of what to do in future
Do something. Literally fucking anything--just go do it. Most importantly, do not do the same thing for a long period of time. My biggest regret is getting comfortable with my own shitty place in life and being lulled into this shitty state of going nowhere. You're so many years ahead of so many people--just fucking start now IMO. Even if you just work a shitty McJob part time put the savings into a safe investment portfolio, you'll have like $50,000 in the bank by the time you're my age.
>>
>>73431387
Ad hom is where you attack someone's character and then shoehorn that into a half-assed rebuttal of an argument

I'm just bantering with you, you shithead

Also I do intend on going to school for this, I just need more time/money to do so
>>
File: 1428539482055.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1428539482055.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
>>73431408
Another thing I want to mention is, if you have mental problems that interfere with your ability to function, fucking find ways to solve them. They won't just gently vanish one day. I dicked around thinking mine would just stop impacting me one day and paid the price for it.

Stress management exists for a reason. It's a practice in and of itself to make sure that your shit remains unfucked.
>>
File: 1458109419935.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458109419935.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>73422367
I need help. The mental health hospitals were shut down and the only people who get help are pink haired trannys faggots who are sjws wanting attention.
>>
File: 1462598054024.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1462598054024.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>73422934
FUCK YOU WHITE MALES ARE PUSHED TO THE SIDE FOR AFFIRMATIVE A TO ON NIGGERS AND BROWN MUDD NIGGERS.

ON PURPOSE THEN WE GET BLAMED FOR SOCIETY CRASHING FUCKING JOKE.
>>
>>73431729
>tfw my self-respect has taken a hit ever since my 'awakening' and so I'm bad in certain social situations wherein I need people to respect me
working on it
>>
>>73431521
who cares...
your best learning years (12-20) are gone anyway.
your brain gets less and less plastic every passing year.
you either need to get to the top real quick, or get outsourced by pajeet.

its great you are doing something, but
irl something often turns out to be nothing.
>>
File: 1456858679423.jpg (43 KB, 945x530) Image search: [Google]
1456858679423.jpg
43 KB, 945x530
>neet living off savings
>want to get decent at art because I know that I won't have a chance at that when I have a job or start studying
>didn't do anything for the first 6 months, was depressed as fuck
>finally started working on it, tons of video material, books, a tablet, charcoal, etc.
>finally feel better about myself, even though I already wasted a ton of time

Oh well...
>>
>>73432224
>your best learning years (12-20) are gone anyway.
This is an exaggeration
>your brain gets less and less plastic every passing year.
This is technically true but the amount is not very significant, especially not in your mid-20's

Seems like you're just making every effort to shitpost, I imagine you're some sort of fuckup yourself or you wouldn't be so persistant with your shitposting
>>
>>73429659
Once you fall in the neet hole it's nigh impossible to climb back out, depending on how long you spend in there. I see nothing wrong with being unemployed, as long as you can still support yourself and you are doing something with your life.

I have 2 semi-neet examples. I myself am going to community college cause broke and so I live with my parents. I had a job for awhile but it was honestly not worth the money so I quit. Currently looking for a new job but it's been awhile now and I feel myself sliding into NEETdom as I want to drop out as well.

Now take my friend, for instance. He took a semester off college and has never worked a day in his life. He lives with his mom and smokes weed all day. He is a neet. How will he get out of it? Well he's going back to college next semester and thus ending his neet life.

All it really takes to avoid becoming a neet is having something to do. The neet life isn't fun
>>
>>73432412
I make decent money, mind the circumstances of course, while doing what I like.

about brain I speak from experience.
my last post was sincere, but go ahead, call it shit. I'm done with you.
>>
>>73432725
>my last post was sincere, but go ahead, call it shit. I'm done with you.
You've done nothing but shitpost
>ur a nigger
>you're russian lol
>wow ad hominem!

ok, cyka blyat, we get it
>>
>implying I will willingly give my body and mind up to slave away for our jewish overlords
>>
>>73432954
nice meme
>>
File: 79285051.jpg (20 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
79285051.jpg
20 KB, 249x249
>>73422367
>trying to learn to code.
>hoping to get some kind of codemonkey job

DONT DO IT LORD NEET! Don't be fooled by STEM memes!!
>>
>>73433288
s-suggestions?
>>
>trying not to be a NEET
>get rejected from: Target, Walmart, Chipotle, Five Guys, Big Lots, and McDonald's

Some people are destined to fail
>>
File: 1459968887338.png (725 KB, 683x980) Image search: [Google]
1459968887338.png
725 KB, 683x980
>>73422367

I'm a 5 year NEET, got a job interview at 2 tomorrow at a call center, hoping it goes well

To all the other NEETs, keep your head up & don't let anybody discourage you

But tomorrow I may be a wagie
>>
>>73433436
How'd you get rejected from McDonald's? They even employ people of color around here.
>>
File: 1452130314589-0.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
1452130314589-0.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
>>73433395
>>
>>73433479
How'd you downplay the five-year employment gap?
>>
>>73433576
lad...
>>
NEET and proud for 6 years
>>
I've been a neet for a couple of weeks since I quit my shit job.
I forgot how comfy it is, but I do want to get another job soon.

On the bright side, I don't have as much money as I used to, to buy drugs and alcohol with. Kind of a bummer
>>
I was a neet for 7 years now working a starter job full time for a year. All i want is to go back. Neets of this thread i wish i was you so don't be so gloomy.
Get your money elsewhere by any means necessary, i warn you go back.
>>
>>73433529
I don't know, all I know is I hope I die in my sleep
>>
>be me
>outta high school for a year
>no money for college, dont want debt
>poor family
>look clean cut
>going to be kicked out in a year
>put in applications daily, hound businesses hoping to get hired
>not even the fast food places will hire me
>literally nobody has hired me after a long search for a job

literally what do
>>
>>73430921
>he thinks he needs to go to school to learn to program
>>
>>73433650
How'd you downplay seven fucking years of NEETness? I need some tips on this--I'm gonna have to do it soon.
>>
I'm not a neet but I'm recovering. I was a neet. Had a 5 year gap in employment. I have a job now but I just feel like a neet in a wagecuck's body. I just can't wait for my shifts to end so I can go home and go back to being a slob.

I don't want to progress or climb in the job that I have because it's just fucking miserable work, all the people I've seen in the position they would (and have) offered me are broken men. They work unbelievably hard doing incredibly frustrating work and the pay just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I don't know what my next move should be.
>>
>>73430792
Hire someone on Fiverr to pretend to be a reference.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2915x2065) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2915x2065
>neet for almost 5 months
>living off of savings from my last joke of an employment
>spending far too much on alcohol and cigarettes like a degenerate
>learning history and Russian as a way to occupy myself
>been reading more books than ever before in my entire life
>still live at home doing literal maid stuff, keeps parents off my back
>20 years old.

All in all I think I'm doing alright, will begin my university studies to become a teacher this autumn.

Fingers crossed.
>>
>>73433743
he just came in here to be an elitist retard and funpost, look at all of his posts ITT

>>73433814
that's not a bad idea, but can't they do a background check and verify employment? And do people on Fiverr actually do that? lol
>>
>>73433395

Don't take career advice from 4chan.
>>
>not being an accelerationist welfare NEET rather than a good goy worker in the neoliberal dystopia of our globalist kikeworld anno 2016

If you're at odds with society and its values contributing to its perpetuation is not a virtue, lads.
>>
File: neetcomedian.png (153 KB, 397x320) Image search: [Google]
neetcomedian.png
153 KB, 397x320
>>73433479
top fucking kek, speak of the past, I made that image, believe it or not. that was a fun time, in hindsight.
>>
>>73433788
>Had a 5 year gap in employment. I have a job now
please respond
literally nobody else is responding
how did you downplay this, man?
I need to know
>pls respon

>>73433922
I didn't intend on it
>>
>trying to learn to code

Good luck getting anywhere unless you A.) win the lotto on the app market or B.) get hired by a company, which won't happen when you're competing with gluts of those with masters in comp sci competing already for "foot-in-the-door" wages/chances.

You'd be better off just going back to a community college or a trade school and doing something that pays well and doesn't take long, and has high demand (read: not pussy studies).
>>
>>73433938
Yes, but what does your wife think?
>>
>>73434136
I've heard this a thousand times, and I've also heard the opposite a thousand times ("just get a good portfolio going and you can get a job at a bunch of startups across the US").

Can you explain what lead you to these opinions? Are you a programmer?

Also, do you have any actual suggestions for alternatives?
>You'd be better off just going back to a community college or a trade school and doing something that pays well and doesn't take long, and has high demand (read: not pussy studies).
>>
>>73434180
>buying into the hollowed out institute of marriage
I'm not that silly, friend.
>>
>>73422367
Codemonkey- always the great unachievable goal of the NEET.
>>
>>73433395
become a roofer.
>Money
>workout / tan
>skill in a trade
>???
>profit
>>
File: 1458163646158.jpg (246 KB, 1029x1500) Image search: [Google]
1458163646158.jpg
246 KB, 1029x1500
>>73433582

Luckily the company I was at before becoming a NEET was bought out and moved overseas, so I just lied and said I had been working there up until June of last year. You're right, if I had let them know I doubt they would've called but I did what I have to do I guess *knocks on wood*

>>73433962

hahaha its a good one!!
>>
>>73433436
refer to
>>73434414
>>
File: anarchocap.png (255 KB, 456x442) Image search: [Google]
anarchocap.png
255 KB, 456x442
>>73429352
You're wrong. If you've spent your time staying fit and participating in nationalist political movements you'll be perfectly positioned to be a part of the clique that will have all the power post-collapse.
>>
>>73433788
>I just can't wait for my shifts to end so I can go home and go back to being a slob.

I can relate, as soon as my shift starts i'm already counting the hours until I can go back home. A lot of the time i'm already holding a grudge about having to go to work the next day, even if i've had several days off in a row.
>>
>>73422367
I'm a black neet. I've seen the charts on racial differences and realized that I shouldn't really bother becoming a wagecuck. I'd only embarrass myself. I'll probably go pick up welfare soon.
>>
>>73434310
I guess you're probably just memeing but you're missing out. What are you? Just a man sitting at home wasting away while the world passes him by?

>>73434414
Can one just become a roofer with no experience? How do you get started in roofing?

>>73434429
Wow, that's really fortunate of you that they moved overseas. Fucking hell, I'm stuck wrt this.
>>
>>73433736
Military for engineering core
>>
>>73432549

Ok, but what about the Youtube and twitch and related scene? Or freelancing or work at home?

My problem is I hear a lot of recovering neets here just say that they blew all of their time and fucked around. Yet oddly most of my coworkers and general peers in the corporate world would kill for more hours of their own time, not to just dick around but to actually pursue interests outside of work.

What I keep interpreting is lazy neets = lazy results (which is exactly the same as lazy coworkers doing enough to just get by but not really go far). But I don't hear many positive neet remarks or anti comments other than depressing stories or the smug wagecuck stuff.

It's almost always bellcurve extremity comments and anecdotes.
>>
>>73434542
Can't tell if this post is satire... you're probably of at least normal intelligence if you're here and capable of the sort of reasoning that you just posted
>>
File: black arrow.jpg (96 KB, 649x586) Image search: [Google]
black arrow.jpg
96 KB, 649x586
(saged) How do you report a thread?
>>
>>73434582
air force or what branch?
>>
>>73424288
Generally:

Accounting - more jobs, better security, less pay.

Finance - fewer jobs, less security, more pay.

I'd advise finance only if you're particularly clever, industrious, and don't mind daily suit-wearing.
>>
>>73434549
>I guess you're probably just memeing but you're missing out. What are you? Just a man sitting at home wasting away while the world passes him by?
I'm not missing out, I know what it's like to have long term relationships with pretty girls who want my babies. It's just the institute of marriage that is bankrupt under the current circumstances.
>>
You can learn to code alone, but you'll code like a monkey. I only improved after working with actual professionals and accumulating some experience.

On a related note, I'm not a NEET but I basically have a NEET budget. I pretty much never go out (besides work) or buy crap, and just spend my free time on the computer. I'm starting to seriously consider why the fuck most people want a lot of money.

Embrace your NEET heritage, just occupy yourself. Seems like a good plan.
>>
File: 6565668_1286575609.jpg (135 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6565668_1286575609.jpg
135 KB, 640x480
>>73434542
Getting welfare is easy now they mail you your ebt card in a few days right after you apply online. You can even use it to buy usps shipping labels and other things that aren't even food.
>>
>>73433787
I'm still young enough to benefit from aid to get young dudes into the workforce so i just had to show up basically, that's luck. Now for the padding take anything you did however short and streeetch it out, a week as cashier or whatever becomes a few months for the rest say that your an autodidact and need to learn on your own it's your strenght. Say that the rigid school system destroyed you and you had to build back up, it worked for me because it matched the job description.
Write believable lies and look the part.
>>
>>73434549
commercial shingles roofer.
call a company in the phone book, and ask if you can show up to tear off and pick up shingles. its hard work but worth the effort.
I dropped out of HS at 16, GED'd and now i am saving to start a business of my own. best part, NODENBTS
>>
>>73434713
how else does one make america great again if not through threads involving the return from NEETdom?
>>
>>73434792
bankrupt in what sense?

>>73434800
>You can learn to code alone, but you'll code like a monkey. I only improved after working with actual professionals and accumulating some experience.
I accept this fate tbqh, I hope it plays out that way. I don't care if I'm bad--I just need a job and experience. What else can a person in my situation do?

>>73434854
Thanks for the heads up. About how much does a roofer earn?
>>
>>73434948
don't give him (you)s anon
>>
>>73431367
They will. Most places have no interest in someone who has been unemployed for more than a year or two
>>
>>73434822
Damn it
>>
>>73433788
>I don't know what my next move should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyHWMdH9gk.
>>
>>73434290
There's really not much to say. Even people who have degrees in STEM are relocating to get decent salaries.

You do realize it's an employers market? Put yourself in their shoes: would you hire you over a bunch of people with masters?

You know that your only hope with this plan is to teach yourself and literally hit the lotto with some equivalent of Tinder or a fart app, because you won't have the resources for the team required to make a AAA game.

If you want my opinion, if you aren't willing to go back to school, your best option is chaturbate showing your asshole to faggots. I've even seen fat faggots on there getting money for showing their fat faggot assholes

>,,, i-i-ii only looked f-f-for a sec
>>
>>73422367
Unemployed - Consultant
Pile of books on related subjects - Institute
Why don't you have the same stuff as a guy who started a career earlier? Because you're always looking to improve yourself.
>>
>>73431367
We're in the same boat, I guess. Wish there was some sort of network for people like us to get in touch and help each other out or something similar.

>>73435041
Any tips on solving this problem, then?
>>
>>73434011
I tried the official government funded job center, but all they did really was provide a way for you to send out CV's through an e-mail with a cover letter, I really didn't have enough incentive to actually call up a business and present myself to them as best as I could you know?

Then I got moved onto a separate employment agency. Now these guys sort of specialized in getting your name out there and finding exactly the right job that you request or that you're just happy with to get an income of some kind. They'll call up employers who they keep in contact with on your behalf and present your case for you. They specialize in making you look as employable as possible. Long story short, They basically landed the interview for me and before I could even have time to object I felt obligated to turn up for the interview and impress them. I didn't want to look stupid, It would have been extremely embarrassing for me if I just said "baww I dun wanna go" so I turned up and I gave the interview my best fucking shot and they said I made the best impression out of about 100 applications.
>>
>>73434994
>bankrupt in what sense?
It has little to no added value these days and can even turn out to be a very negative thing, depending on legislation and the woman in question.

When marriages go to shit men are usually the victim. I prefer to stay as independent as possible.
>>
>>73433479
Job interviews at call centers generally go something like: how many felonies do you have? Do you have tourrettes? Do you plan on shooting the place up? No? Youre hired
>>
>>73433909
>that's not a bad idea, but can't they do a background check and verify employment? And do people on Fiverr actually do that? lol

Yes, people in Fiverr actually do that. Landed my last job that way using a couple after 5 years of NEETdom.

Background checks are typically for criminal records. The point of job references is to act as the background check for your employment. They call the reference to make sure you really worked there, see what jobs you did, and see if you were a good employee.
>>
>>73434994
at the bottom in the cities i hear its like 15-20 non union. union is 20-30.
really depends on cost of living i think, because where im at 16 is good. at the top its hard to say, but my boss has a really rather comfortable lifestyle, nice country home, good family, five vehicles, boat, land... etc.
>>
>>73435076
>There's really not much to say. Even people who have degrees in STEM are relocating to get decent salaries.
The US and Canada have pretty different markets wrt this I think.

>You do realize it's an employers market? Put yourself in their shoes: would you hire you over a bunch of people with masters?
You're talking about something that is common sense. You're not presenting any new ideas here. You're just repeating the same old tired memes from a limited subset of memes that people spout when they're trying to defend their own path to success over the alternatives in the style of post-purchase rationalization (and for various other reasons)

You didn't even answer my question. Are you a programmer?
>>
>>73434994
Coding pros are measured by their previous projects. You start doing gigs for random retail stores, get a few certifications, go to a real coding company, get better certs or some degree, then you go to some comfy corporate job that pays more and has less work than actual coding shops. Just gotta keep climbing. You can do it all in 5-10 years depending on how fucked you're now, don't give up.
>>
>>73435140
Youre pretty well up the creek without a paddle. You could try underemploying, but that probably wouldnt look good either. Use connections if you have any, go to interviews and basically beg for any tech related job. They might find something that seems menial but that you can prove yourself at and work up.
>>
>>73435146
>I made the best impression out of about 100 applications.
Damn.

Did they ask about your employment gap specifically? What'd you say?
>>
>>73428483
Jokes on you. I havent felt better and now i know ill never have to work for something i dont want to do or for anyone i dont like again because theres always a wagecuck who will do it for even less of a pay. This is true freedom.
>>
>>73435250
Seems almost unbelievable. Do you have any actual fiverr links of people doing this? Just suspicious and don't want to get too invested in something that won't pan out
>>
File: 1459983790661-0.jpg (54 KB, 744x744) Image search: [Google]
1459983790661-0.jpg
54 KB, 744x744
>>73435222

Dude that's what I'm hoping. They said there is a written and typing test and I think i should do good at both. Thanks for the positive vibes
>>
File: Mille-sabords.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Mille-sabords.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>73435058
Don't do it dude. They money is not worth your time. I see where this employment road leads, i'm losing my life.
>>
>>73430616

The first thing you need to do is get the word "stupid" out of your vocabulary, you started off on the wrong foot there. You're not stupid, I can see you have a lot of things going for you: you're from a first world country, you can express yourself well and succinctly. You have to tell yourself that you're great. And you have to believe it. Because if you can say say it but not believe it, it's not going to do much for you. So just go out there and work hard, ok?
>>
>>73435563

https://www.fiverr.com/nicky7k/collections/job-reference#layout=auto&page=1
>>
File: 1455890639548s.jpg (8 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
1455890639548s.jpg
8 KB, 250x166
Tips to all NEETS trying to learn how to code.

It's far easier to get a codemonkey job if you have a degree. Even a community college degree is fine if you have github projects.

Once you have a degree, mass apply to tons of financial institutions for entry level jobs. They require degrees. We've been forced to not hire someone because they didn't have a degree even though they were the best candidate. They are desperate to pay 50k for warm bodies that they can eventually train up and be valuable. If you spend 6 months being useless, 6 months mediocre, and 1 year valuable, that costs 100k.

We generally pay 90 to 250 an hour for contractors. Which ends up being like 180k a year at the low end to god knows what at the high end

I know this because I've seen it happen at 3 different massive corporations I've worked at.

There is a ageism though, so unless you are technically amazing and want to learn new frameworks forever you should look to moving onto other things by 45-50

t. 25 year old "codemonkey" that makes 90k
>>
>>73435439
I do have a small portfolio and some experience already. I've written some simple text-based games and programs, and I've written a few Twitter bots using the JSON API, along with some IRC bots that automate DCC file exchanges for me. I have a few fart apps on the App Store--some simple calculator.exe-type things, yet another Flappy Bird Clone, a different app which basically screen scrapes a popular website (which has no API) and formats it into a user-friendly app with the proper views and such, some simplistic proof-of-concept-style apps demonstrating various things that might be part of any given iOS app... that kind of thing.

I'm not worried about the longer term or my actual career just yet--right now I just need a day job that isn't Carl's Junior, and I'm hoping I can make it an entry-level coding job
>>
>>73435457
I'm looking for actionable advice on this. I guess my best bet is to just exaggerate and inflate whatever I can, and maybe resort to nonsense like getting someone to give me a faux reference

Can employers even check to see if you were actually employed at a company beyond calling the company in question?
>>
File: lion king nigger.gif (650 KB, 350x204) Image search: [Google]
lion king nigger.gif
650 KB, 350x204
>>73424830
You shouldn't have to emigrate, you and your family aren't the problem.
>>
>>73435864
I see that people are doing it, but the whole thing seems really shady. Some of the 1-star reviews are spooky.
>>
>>73435737
damn I love that clip
>captcha has an american flag in it
>>
Jesus. If you are a NEET you better remedy that pretty damn quick. The job market is going to do nothing but get worse.

Good God. Avoid NEETS, they are going to end up killing themselves.
>>
>>73433736
Get a trade. Get comfy apartment. You're set.
>>
>>73436267
I used ziggyzaazaa and meddie. Don't use one star reviews, obviously.
>>
>>73435922
>It's far easier to get a codemonkey job if you have a degree. Even a community college degree is fine if you have github projects.
tfw need like 1.5 semesters worth of credits to finish an AS degree

wish I hadn't fucked around so much
>>
>>73436481
zig has a bunch of 1-stars. How'd that go, exactly? I can see this playing out for some things and not others. Did you talk to her personally before you went ahead with it?

This is worth more than $5 to me, and, at the same time, I don't know if I trust someone who only has a $5 stake in it... heh
>>
>>73435460
I just tried my best to make what very little I did sound amazing. So if you have any kind of hobbies or anything like that people who advise you on how to write CV's will often recommend you extrapolate your hobbies into being attempts at starting your own business. You like coding, painting, anything like that? Any idea of what your "dream job/s" would be?

Just say you were independently trying to pursue careers in that, building contacts and trying to network yourself into your ideal job or trying to establish your own business but you haven't been able to. Like I've always been a bit handy with electronics and so has my dad, we've sort of made money off of it in the past here and there as a rare favor. Blow that kind of shit up to make it sound like you actually had a business plan going on there somewhere and employers will fucking eat that shit up so fast. They'll think you're going to be the cure to all their problems when they hear that kind of shit.
>>
I am the ultimate NEET compared to the lot of you. I just turned 26 in March, I've never had a job before, car died about a year ago, can't commute to college anymore so I haven't attended in a year. Live with my Mom and Brother. Realization is setting in that my future is staring into an abyss. There are people younger than me with whole careers and lives, and I have basically nothing. I don't know what the hell happened.
>>
>>73436515
That sucks but you can finish it

You can still get work for low pay at random places without a degree but you need a portfolio of sorts.

I'd strongly recommend the degree unless you can network really well (I can't)
>>
>>73436719
>Blow that kind of shit up to make it sound like you actually had a business plan going on there somewhere and employers will fucking eat that shit up so fast. They'll think you're going to be the cure to all their problems when they hear that kind of shit.
Alright, so if I'm speaking sort of loosely, I've been doing "odd job" type shit for the last few years. I built computers and sold them to friends, I did some minor electronics repair for acquaintances, things like that.

In practical terms, I was a bum and I made some pocket change once every full moon.

Should I just funnel that into some bullshit about owning my own business? Is that even feasible for such a long period of time?
>>
>>73436655

Everything went fine for me. I had some money and nothing to lose by doing so. I just talked to both people, forwarded them what I wanted and in what time frame, and they both delivered.
>>
>>73436900
>You can still get work for low pay at random places without a degree but you need a portfolio of sorts.
Thank Christ. That's what I've been told more than a few times, but when I get tons of people saying the opposite, it starts to wear on me.

Check out >>73435982

h-how am I doing ;_;
My game plan is to just take shit pay and suck off managers until I can afford to finish out a degree.
>>
>>73437006
I'm not a total sperglord but I can't imagine what to tell these people to say within the context of a prospective employer etc. The only jobs I've held were service-type jobs wherein as long as you weren't a felon and had an IQ above 85 you could get hired quite easily.

Mind sharing any details about what sort of reference you had them give? And for what type of position?

Thanks btw
>>
>>73437054
It'll be really small places and it might be sketchy but you should be fine. So many places will reject you for random reasons so it can be emotionally draining.

I applied to probably 300 places, at least 100. Did a dozen multi stage interviews before I got a job. Really depressing for me to constantly fail
>>
>>73422367
>I see the "wagecuck" meme a lot here, but does anyone really believe in that nonsense?
>Does anybody really believe that people consider themselves better off when they can live comfortably for free as opposed to selling their time for it
I dunno mate.
>>
>>73437176
I just completely made up 2 previous jobs. They were both in IT, and I told them what my experience, etc, was in the made up jobs. I told them to be my employers. I ended up landing a job in network security.
>>
>>73437054
It's manageable, but you need to embellish it. Maybe create a more complete app to show off. Don't simply pretend to know shit you don't, unless you're a really good liar.

Also, this guy knows what he's talking >>73437513
>>
>>73430166
fuck
>>
>>73437513
I guess I just have to hope that there's a small startup out there willing to pay some amount of shekels to someone like me, I'd take like $10/hour at this point
>>
>>73437657
>tfw the gigs are inactive and there's been no recent activity
so that's out of the window I guess
Are there any other fiverr-style sites with similar offerings?
>>
>>73436874
Check these NEET stats
HS drop out
NEET since 2001
Not an ugly fag but fat gf (NEETBUX source)
vidya and 420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT erry day
Dick injury from 12 hour jerk-a-thon
tfw no Obama care to fix penis
>>
>>73422367
>be 23
>Drop out of College senior year to play in hardcore band
>picking up steam moving to major label
>band breaks up
>neet ever since
>crippling alcoholism
>crippling depression and anxiety
>living off trust fund
>trust fund evaporating
>built personal studio
>writing and recording music by myself to pass the time
>parents disappointed
>ama
>>
>>73437694
>It's manageable, but you need to embellish it. Maybe create a more complete app to show off. Don't simply pretend to know shit you don't, unless you're a really good liar.
I don't think what I've got so far is a complete portfolio, I'm just looking for an assessment from people who know better. I empathize with trying and failing at a shit ton of interviews but I feel like I'm not even at that stage yet, and it's hard to gauge if I'm just wasting my time

what do you mean by 'complete app'?
>>
>>73438090
>have trust fund
>waste it on this
pls anon..
>>
File: NEET.png (31 KB, 314x233) Image search: [Google]
NEET.png
31 KB, 314x233
>>73422367
>Are you trying to fix your situation?
No, I enjoy the freedom and don't feel anything to contribute because of the hostility I get everywhere.
>>
Why work for a system that would rather I died.
>>
>>73438090
Had same anxiety problem, have you you been able to get over the anxiety without meds?
>>
>>73438349
>that pic
Kek.
Are NEETs worse than the Jew overlords that enslave us?
>>
>>73438651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
>>
>>73436912
I don't think employers like to hear about money you've made off the books. They like to hear stories about people who have been doing honest to god volunteer work in an attempt to get your name out there but the cruel dice-rolls of fate has left you without a viable way to establish your own business or join one in your preferred field. Depict yourself as unfairly overlooked and simply unlucky in your attempts to break into the job market. Unappreciated talent and intelligence is what you are, and you've had a change of heart in career paths.

You've really gotta try and sell all this shit in the interview though, you have to be articulate, you have to look smart and you have act confident. It actually wasn't that hard for me to act confidently, as in my eyes it was kind of a win-win, I either get a job out of it and thus have an income or I can remain a slob for a little while longer.

I managed to trick a manager who had been in the business for about 30 years doing interviews that I was some ambitious, intelligent, grossly overlooked talent when in actual fact I was a lazy piece of shit who just didn't feel like going to work yet.
>>
>>73436874
The ultimate NEET would be someone who inherited a lot of money or can live off his money somehow while never needing to work, when you have no income the being NEET is useless.
>>73438684
They are the symptoms of a sick society.
>>
>>73433479
I was a neet in that situation. Just apologise a lot and there's no way they'll fire you. After a year or so you can look for a helpdesk job. Call centers are super fast paced. There's like zero chance you'll grt any down time, letalone enough time to breathe. But if you still with it long enough, you can apply for a helpdesk job which means you'll essentially be paid to watch netflix and shitpost, depending on where you work. Call jobs are the best job an inexperienced neet can get. Normies don't want them because of the whole dehuminazing yourself for good stats. Neets are shit at socialism anyway, so the whole environment feels natural. It's worth it, just remember that.
>>
File: 1457593826662.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
1457593826662.png
93 KB, 467x496
Hahaha!

You know nothing kiddos.

Imagine being a neet for over 6 years.

Just living from welfare, no friends, just a room and your pc.

You wake up looking at the mirror and dying a bit every morning you see your miserable self.

You wan't to improve, but you can't.

You have very fucked up mental health issues, you are afraid that someone shoots you if you stare out of the window.

Your mommy is depressed herself, is a drinker. She buys you alcohol and food.

It's an eternal cycle that WILL end with suicide or death by liver failure.

There is no way out, if you have no education at 21, you are doomed if you don't go full alpha mode on life.
>>
>neet for almost 2 years
>finally get a job at a warehouse making 15 and eventually 22 bucks an hour
>work 64+ hours a week for over 2 years
>have over 60k usd in the bank
>still live like a neet except i spend all my time working instead of playing cs.

i think i'm happier now, not sure, wonder when this will end. i dream of moving to some third world country with like 200 grand
>>
>>73438187
I'm the absolute worst
>>73438678
I was on lexapro for a while, and that seemed to help to some degree, but it also made me feel like I was constantly in a fog, so I ended up getting off it a few weeks ago.
Before I was a fuck up I used to focus on exercise and a decent diet, that along with being around good people I was able to keep off the meds for a while.
>>
>>73439029
kiddos;dr
>>
>>73439035
When your body gives out from the work your decision will be made for you.
>>
>>73433736
Man. Do a trade. Please. I just graduated from uni with a useless poli sci degree. Thank god the restaurant I worked at rehired me because the female head cook had a panic attack and quit.
Top kek
I applied for 40 different jobs ranging from other kitchens, office assistant, general labourer. 5 contacted me back, 3 interviews and nobody interested in hiring me.

The odds are against us. But we must fight and work at self improvement. Learn data entry and take on as many roles as you can when you start working. We can do this man.
>>
>>73439166
it won't give out, i'm in better shape than ever from exercising all day long. i sleep 9+ hours a day and have basically no life except sundays where i do my shopping/cooking/shitposting
>>
>>73439029
12 year NEET here, once you realize all the normie interactions are overrated you can just focus on your own activities and self improvement. Of course you might sometimes feel like missing out but you have to take that loss, you can't rely on interacting with others when you're a broken NEET.
>>
>>73438965
I have to stress the bit about looking smart and being articulate, you have to spin a narrative that every other employer before them has just taken one look at your employment gap on your CV and hasn't even considered you for an interview.

They'll feel almost obligated to give you a chance if you can just present yourself well enough at the interview while that narrative is backing you up.
>>
>>73437875
There probably are some places that will take you, how many places exist depends on if you live near a tech scene.

Your portfolio would be fine for entry level job, if you went to college and had internship experience. If you have time, throw together an app that demonstrates full stack knowledge. So a front end, mid tier, back end. Not a huge deal, but maybe considering look at doing an app like that while applying for jobs.
>>
>>73438133
Something with login, using a database, using some Google API, maybe with some fancy layout. You know, just a thing to demonstrate some skills. It helps to differentiate if you can show something nice.

You're OK for some odd jobs, don't worry too much about it.
>>
I am not a NEET, I am a NFMG - Not Funding My Genocide.
>>
i was a neet the only way out of it is starting a business or being a minimal wage cuck

I selected 1 and now im making 100k revenue a month
>>
>>73439472
Yeah this
>>
>>73439371
>it won't give out
It will. People get old, their bodies get worn out. Especially those who do manual labor for a living, their bodies give out fastest. Do yourself a favor and plan to get out of manual labor before you hit your mid 30s.
>>
>>73439081
Did you ever piss your bed drinking on lexapro? I used to piss my bed anytime I drank more that 15 beers on Zoloft
>>
File: 1416712068277.gif (24 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
1416712068277.gif
24 KB, 600x379
>>73439029

I've been a NEET for 13 years since I dropped out of school when I was 12, leached off my parents, then the state, then my gf, no fucks given
>>
>>73439799
I never had any of those issues on lexapro, though I never drank that much beer. I drank about a bottle of whiskey a day at my worst, so that could be a factor.

Also, check em
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 530x218) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 530x218
>>73439630
ya you're right. i don't know how realistic my dream of living like a king in some third world shit hole is but that's what keeps me going, and these paychecks
>>
>>>73435041
>Any tips on solving this problem, then?

Lie on your resume
>>
ive always been a neet
>>
>>73440828
Proxy fag.
>>
File: 1462396016047.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
1462396016047.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1322
no job but i do fraud so i have moneyz
>>
>>73442105
what kind
>>
>>73422367
I've been "NEET" (haven't had a job) for almost 4 years. It's really hard to find employment when you live in a rural area where there's not shit around for miles so you can't exactly just walk to the closest whatever because there isn't one. Not like it matters I guess, I've lived a hard life to the point where any chance at being normal and social was just obliterated, talking to people to find a job is hard when you're fighting years of conditioning from being made to stay in a room and stay quiet. never mind the abuse and humiliation. Doesn't help that I've been taught NOTHING when I was growing up, have had no help with anything, ever. Parents just didn't give a fuck, but now that they are getting older I MUST be there to help them. How the fuck am I supposed to help them when they didn't even help me get started in life? I fucking hate this place, only in our culture can you be guilted just by merely existing. I just want to live a simple life but I feel like I have been robbed of my humanity. I feel, nothing. I tried making a thread on /adv/ a few days ago to ask about ways to make money online but that's pretty much a bust. I thought about trying to learn to code a few years ago but what would I do? I feel strongly about nothing. Life is suffering.
>>
File: tumblr_o365lw8MA21v0pigno1_500.png (80 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o365lw8MA21v0pigno1_500.png
80 KB, 500x276
>>
>>73442105
>that pic
Shit. I actually never thought about it like that. It fits.
>>
>>73424038

Where the fuck do people who "code" even work
>>
File: photo-371.png (21 KB, 180x204) Image search: [Google]
photo-371.png
21 KB, 180x204
Was a NEET then joined the military.
>>
This country is not worth participating in, it's a pathetic joke, anyone that willingly subjects themselves to the hell that is life in this society is a fucking buffoon.
>>
>>73433529
Idk about him but the mcdicks in town has too many people there as it is, they only offer part time, NO FULL TIME.

And by the way since I am posting again I have to ask, what the fuck is the deal with people not hiring you just because you have a gap in work history? How are you supposed to get a job if you are overlooked for the most petty bullshit. It's almost like they WANT you to fail.
>>
>>73440828
that's pretty rare
>>
File: Don Quixote.jpg (208 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Don Quixote.jpg
208 KB, 1200x800
>>73422367
What's weird is that I started very ambitious, developed powerful skillsets, then realized the world couldn't take advantage of them. I'm like in this twilight zone NEET. I feel much better than most, because I stressed myself into becoming strong and THEN let go. Most people just stumble out of the gate where-as I made a mad dash, and now am enjoying my life.

Hakuna Matata.
>>
>>73440828

Is that a fucking syringe?
>>
>>73439004

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>73442105
How do i into fraud
>>
How often do neets come from fatherless households?
>>
>>73432855
but ruskies are top coders

it's common knowledge, amerika-senpai
>>
>>73438965
>>73439449
I understand what you're saying in the general sense, but what the fuck do I say about my literal four years of playing Battlefield and masturbating to cartoon porn on 4chan
>>
I would sooner be neet than minimum wage.
There's a certain level of "either it's worth it, or it isn't"
>>
>>73440193
Noice. How'd you land your position?>>73439035
>>
>>73439463
>There probably are some places that will take you, how many places exist depends on if you live near a tech scene.
I am literally ready to move anywhere in the continental US and Alaska
>>
>>73442587
Willing to move away?
>>
>>73445654
Yes
>>
>>73442978
>Where the fuck do people who "code" even work
Many companies hire programmers--it's a normal office job.
>>
>>73443503
>And by the way since I am posting again I have to ask, what the fuck is the deal with people not hiring you just because you have a gap in work history?
Yeah I fuckin hate this. Seems like if you're qualified and obviously not retarded then you should be able to get a position. I think the reason is mainly shitty, autistic HR and hiring managers. They can't size people up well enough to take a chance so they have these ridiculous standards to weed out the worst applicants, even if that means also weeding out some potentially decent ones
>>
>>73445695
I assume this helps greatly--I can't imagine looking only in some shitty bumfuck place and expecting much out of it
>>
>>73442105
B8
>>
File: 1455164242117.gif (73 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
1455164242117.gif
73 KB, 600x563
M8s, should I go (back) to college for an Associate's in IT or something similar?
I already got a BSc in Accounting but couldn't get a job cause no internships/horrific social skills. Probably little to no chance of me ever working in that field, I'm just an autist who enjoys spreadsheets.
I'm technically not a NEET as I work online doing microtask stuff and occasional side work, but it's not sustainable, as I work basically every waking hour for $300-$500 a week with no benefits and horrible taxes, though I do get state health care for being a sperg. I've been doing that for three years and am starting to develop agoraphobia and alcoholism.
I just want to sit at a comfy desk and tell old people to restart their machines, you know?
>>
>>73422367
I am NEET but I don't want to be. I just never worked before and I don't even have a GED.

I guess without Gods intervention in my life right now I'd be homeless and destitute indeed.
>>
>>73446227
>I'm technically not a NEET as I work online doing microtask stuff and occasional side work, but it's not sustainable, as I work basically every waking hour for $300-$500 a week with no benefits and horrible taxes
Are we talking mturk-style shit? Can you give any details? Might be worth doing for part time autismbux so I don't run out of tendies desu
>>
>>73422367
Do it, get out there.

I was a NEET myself for a long time and it absolutely kills your self esteem, just doing something and being paid for it feels hella better, work as a wageslave part time for a bit while learning to code, go to forums and shit that could help you do that and talk with other people trying to break in as well.
>>
>>73439463
>>73439472
>>73439521
ok thanks bros
>>
>>73445919
I just, don't know man. I was adverse to joining the military for the longest time but now I am even considering that. Nothing wrong with it really, don't want to serve any interests of kikes is all. Problem is, I think I would be denied for health issues. I tried to start lifting a few years ago but every time I try I get a pain in my chest, so now I can't even get "volkisch" until I deal with that.
>>
>>73446806
I'd rather work at McDonald's than join the military tbqh
>>
File: i like money.png (2 KB, 693x31) Image search: [Google]
i like money.png
2 KB, 693x31
>>73446556
Yes, actually it is, I just didn't name it because I think it's pretty obscure and most people think it's a scam. You can actually make OK money, and overall, it's been a positive thing for me, but keep in mind, like I said, I'm on here like EVERY WAKING HOUR, so this probably took several hundred hours to make. There's nothing to lose by signing up, but if I had to start from scratch nowadays, I probably wouldn't bother.
>>
File: 1456474231300.png (3 MB, 1083x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456474231300.png
3 MB, 1083x1600
>>73422367
nice try fbi
>Big recession here, company merger went to hell, not going into detail, shit gone now.
>I refuse to fund this asylum shit and are now refusing job, but there is a big recession so there hardly isn't any
>secretly making own comp
>once we are done, see what we can do to fuck the system taxwise ....
I refuse to be part of this, and if the ones that are supposed to come, come, we all know more will... it wll break the entire country

FUCK THIS GOV
We need a new party and a new leader for starters

>oh yeah meanwhile I see my savings go and twice the gov have tried to take my appartment, when I had all rights on my side.... to give away to syrians... yes this is happening... I worked my ass off for that flat, corrupt pigs... I took them though
>>
>>73447297
just name it and give me the details please
or am I better off just getting a job at burger wuzkangs?
>>
>>73447377
Oh sorry, yeah, it's MTurk, thought that was clear from my post
Nothing to lose from signing up, although I hear it's a pain to get verified for some people
I know I've talked to a few other people on here who've done it as well.
>>
>>73446870
Me too pretty much, this is how bad things are though.
>>
>>73422367
I got a job offer an hour away at a new Chinese owned solar panel manufacturing factory. Should I take it or go back to school.
>>
>>73447576
>although I hear it's a pain to get verified for some people

Yeah, it fucking is. I don't know why amazon payments won't fucking approve me, any idea what the problem is?
>>
>>73447576
Do you have a particular strategy for increasing your income per hour? I see people using various scripts and browser plugins.
>>
>>73447871
go back to school and put in a good word for me
:^)
>>
>>73445705
Can you describe a work day in the life of a "programmer"?

Sorry, am noob
>>
>>73448109
you'll have to ask one of the actual programmers ITT, I'm just a NEET

I imagine they work with a team and write code to meet deadlines for in-house programs mostly
>>
File: rare nathan f script.png (12 KB, 392x679) Image search: [Google]
rare nathan f script.png
12 KB, 392x679
>>73447874
Sorry, I really don't know - I signed up a long time ago - at least three years ago, maybe even seven or so right after I turned 18. Kind of got lucky considering I initially gave them a fake address, could have really gotten my account fucked up for that. Maybe try calling them? Sometimes you really have to bother them to get shit done. Or maybe you might be able to get paid in gift cards, I don't know, I know that's an option, but I don't do that, can't buy half of what I need with that.

>>73447898
Yeah, you pretty much have to use a few basic scripts. Most of them are publicly available, but the absolute best ones are custom designed and generally not shared - some people with those pull down $200-$300 a day, I'm lucky to make 1/3 of that, but it's better than nothing. If I could legitimately program like that (think most are in Java, maybe?), I probably would just parlay that into a normal job. Also a programmable mouse REALLY helps, probably the best investment there is. Spent like $30 on mine, paid for itself in a week or two.
>>
Say is there any job you guys might suggest for a short-tempered furious guy? I live out in the sticks, so nothing in a civilized area will work. I'm trying to get on my feet but the last real job I had, I beat the shit out of the manager for being a cunt to the new kid.
>>
>>73448781
>Yeah, you pretty much have to use a few basic scripts. Most of them are publicly available, but the absolute best ones are custom designed and generally not shared - some people with those pull down $200-$300 a day, I'm lucky to make 1/3 of that, but it's better than nothing. If I could legitimately program like that (think most are in Java, maybe?), I probably would just parlay that into a normal job. Also a programmable mouse REALLY helps, probably the best investment there is. Spent like $30 on mine, paid for itself in a week or two.
Can you elaborate on these private scripts? What do they do? And is what you just posted a simple auto hotkey script or something similar? Looks like it's just an extremely simple form filler.

How'd you get into this and how long did it take before you could make some money? And being honest is this more than minimum wage? Or even the same? If it comes down to it and I have to take an $8/hour job, I'd rather do this if I can leverage my skills.
>>
NEET on autism bux here. My semester ended last week so I'm a NEET again until September. Currently looking for work but I've basically given up home until I finish college.
>>
>>73448948
>I beat the shit out of the manager for being a cunt to the new kid.
well, that seems like a poor decision m8

story time?
>>
>>73429352

i think its more of a tongue-in-cheek joke bro.
>>
>>73431367
They only hire people who actually know how to program. You probably can't program for shit.
>>
>>73448960
>>73448781
also,
>>73447297
>if I had to start from scratch nowadays, I probably wouldn't bother.

What'd you mean by this? What does starting from scratch entail?
>>
>>73449814
>he says, ignorantly forgetting the poo-in-loos
>>
>>73435041
McJobs and the like are always hiring.
>>
>>73449888
they don't really hire those in the USA from what people tell me, they really only hire qualified people or outsource on the cheap and then pay a real programmer to fix it when the outsourcing company produces shit
>>
File: 1457316222399.png (103 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1457316222399.png
103 KB, 1437x908
To be a NEET is to be Comfy
>>
>>73440406

>Lie on your resume

A long time ago when I believed in honesty and honor I was always perfectly accurate on my resume. I have since changed since I have seen numerous people hired above/before me because of their lies and dishonesty in their resume... even worse are the upper-middle class types that hire professionals to write (lie on) their resumes.
>>
>>73449888
I'm not even talking about those jobs since those are mutually exclusive to the types of programming jobs Americans do (poos do menial enterprise programming work, and even then are often sub-servant to an American team). There are literally more programming jobs than can be filled; we can hardly find anyone.
>>
File: 1460476763865.jpg (871 KB, 2000x1300) Image search: [Google]
1460476763865.jpg
871 KB, 2000x1300
NEET for 8 years now, total shut-in for five in the past.

My state is fucking terrible for anyone having any sort of issues, but especially low income problems. Haven't been able to regulate my mental state, emotions, sleep (up for days, in bed for a week, etc), for years and now I'm forced to live in my car. Yet I don't qualify for a single dime of federal or state money to help me get out of this situation, which I've been in for nearly five months now.

Of the programs offered here, none are well funded. Section 8 housing isn't available for years for even the first person in line for a voucher, NEETbux are notoriously hard to get with just mental illness, unemployment is only for those seeking work (with meaningful attempts, which I'm incapable of at the moment without proper clothing/housing/amenities), homeless shelters for men are constantly full (whereas female/immigrant shelters are never full) and all of the state/county mental health hospitals/facilities are only for those who are experiencing dire suicidal or homicidal episodes. Tried calling adult protective services on myself when I still had a place to stay at, but they weren't interested, even with multiple calls.

Meanwhile, if I were a woman, or non-white immigrant/refugee, or an illegal, or any of the aforementioned I'd be in a program to help me get out of this situation right this very moment. Don't think I'm going to make it.
>>
>>73448960
>>73449859
>Can you elaborate on these private scripts? What do they do?
I'm really not sure, I don't have the skills to write them (I think a lot are in Java, maybe?), and if I did, I'd probably parlay that into an actual job with benefits and shit. I know that there are some that auto-accept any work from a given requester in a fraction of a second after they are posted - if I knew how to actually code, that's probably what I'd write first.

>And is what you just posted a simple auto hotkey script or something similar? Looks like it's just an extremely simple form filler.
I believe that one was used to look up email formats - I assume that the person would then just take the format and a CSV and then sell that to a spammer for dosh. I don't actually remember because I don't really work for that particular client anymore, everyone figured out his work was pretty good and starting snapping it up, then he slashed pay pretty significantly. There's some shitters on there who don't know how to keep a secret, you know? And yeah, it's AHK, which is easy as fuck to learn.

>How'd you get into this and how long did it take before you could make some money?
Don't remember how I found it, took me a while to make any decent money though, I was super inefficient at first because I was (kind of still am) too stubborn to refine my methods and work more efficiently. Pic related is monthly earnings, this month obviously is only 25% over, hence the drop off.
>>
>>73450509
>And being honest is this more than minimum wage? Or even the same? If it comes down to it and I have to take an $8/hour job, I'd rather do this if I can leverage my skills.
I don't know, probably not, but it probably could be if you actually focus. I can't focus for shit because I drank myself stupid, so I'm always taking breaks and doing stuff around the house/shitposted/jerking off/etc, so my hourlies don't tend to be the best. I'd rather do it then work with other people though, even if it pays less than McDonalds - it's more important to me to live how I wanna. If I'm gonna be poor, I'd rather be poor in my comfy room instead of surrounded by obnoxious normie retards, you know?

>question about starting over (too lazy to quote lel)
You have to maintain an approval rating and have a certain number of tasks to get certain work, and it would take a long fucking time to get it back if I had to start from zero (I'm at 99.97% with about 180,000 tasks done), and, more importantly, there's things called "qualifications" that are account-bound that are even more valuable that open up certain work categories, including one called "Masters" that's given out randomly. If I lost that, I'd basically be fucked.
>>
>>73422367
People work their asses off as I sit back and let my wealth accumulate. Wage cuckies are the best, they haven't fulled embraced capitalism so they work for +60 years croak and have nothing to show for it.
>>
>>73422367
Good on you mate.
>>
File: 1459649420392.png (229 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459649420392.png
229 KB, 500x375
Since moving out on my own and trying to look for work, I've come to realize just how unemployable I actually am.

Five years ago, I would have embraced this state of affairs wholeheartedly. Now, I just want a job.
>>
>>73442587

Depending on the rural area there are plenty of opportunities to self employ if you are willing to invest in a truck and tools.

In the part of rural Texas I live in people will pay you to clear Cedar from their land, you can then take the Cedar and sell it at a yard. (which you fabricate into various "cuts") For 8 hours of work you can bring home roughly 100-150 a day after expenses. (chainsaw blades, bars, fuel, chain oil, sprockets, ect)

If they don't have Cedar they want cleared many people will hire you to clear brush, trap hogs, haul rocks, salvage scrap metal, or just work at their dairy/farm as a day laborer.

In general there are way more ways to self employ in my neck of the woods than their would be in cities so long as you have a little bit of capital.

)BTW white trash types take advantage of, getting benefits plus daily cash income because its off the books they can claim to be "poor" which technically they are because 60%-70% of their income goes to drugs, tobacco and alcohol)
>>
>>73450578
>>73450509
Thank you for the long posts and the details mang. Can you give me any info on what the actual work entails? From just Googling it sounds like many people just answer surveys all day... is that true? I see that many of them only pay a penny per and such, in which case you'd be making something like $3 per hour I imagine.

If I start tomorrow, what kind of work would I actually be doing on the site? Is it anything (initially) I can automate or streamline with my ability to program, or does that stuff come later?

Just trying to get a fuller picture. I suppose I should just shut the fuck up and sign up, but I'd sincerely appreciate any advice you can give me

>If I'm gonna be poor, I'd rather be poor in my comfy room instead of surrounded by obnoxious normie retards, you know?
this so much, this is exactly why I'd prefer to avoid a service job
>>
File: iktfb.png (46 KB, 1500x1383) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.png
46 KB, 1500x1383
>>73451002
>>
>>73422367
I make small amounts of money producing money.
I'm moving to an oxford house soon in a much larger city then my podunk home town, where my cousin can give me a job that isn't fast food, or dishes, which neither paid me a living wage.

I've only worked probably a combined 8 months in the 8 years I've been employable.
>>
>There is unironically an overwhelming amount of NEETs on /pol/

OH MAN CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.

No fucking wonder no one actually cares what you autists say
>>
>>73434821

EBT is like $7 a day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.