[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nate Silver Prediction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Anyone know how to bust this?
I'm looking into him now but I am amateur
>>
>>73399871

Well even the Hufflepuff post criticizes this guy for bad political predictions.

Also Georgia going blue? Hahaha
>>
>>73399871
why would that be right?
>>
>>73399871
Nate Silver completely destroyed his credibility as a political journalist this election cycle with his non stop amount of articles bashing Trump that all turned out to be false.
>>
>>73400668

>Implying he hadn't already destroyed it, or ever had it at all

FiveThirtyEight was popular because it catered to a small subset of people who had problems moderating and contextualizing information, not because it provided any particularly useful or accurate data.
>>
>>73399871
Don't bother with him. Nate Silver is literally the "increasingly nervous man".
>>
Nate Silver lost all credibility in the last eight months. He got Trump wrong and then just kept doubling down saying he doesn't have a chance. All the while Trump's ceiling was just going up and up.

When asked about being so wrong, he literally blamed it on the Republican Party; its a lot easier to predict who the nominee is, when the only variable you are measuring is "who do the party bosses want."

These people's only job is to speculate about politics, and then when they get exposed for eight months of abject failure, they say it's not their fault the political system is rigged enough? Then Silver proceeds to give his general election prediction like no one has been keeping score since last June? He's a joke.
>>
>>73399871
Georgia Colorado Nevada and Arizona going blue, Texas would go blue before any of these.
>>
Its hard to know what the map will be like because Trump hasn't started on Shillary yet. I imagine a good portion of women won't want to vote for a woman who made a career out of defending rapists. Plus with the speeches, fbi, and countless other shit hanging over her head, who knows?
>>
Nate silver didn't get it wrong

He said time and again that it was too hard to predict and a lot of the polling was too early or useless.
>>
>>73402124

>I don't have any useful data to show you but hey here's my #hottaeks

It's a wonder anyone else bothers to blog with this guy around
>>
>>73400414

He got the 2012 race perfectly correct.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.