[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATTLEFIELD GAME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1334x750
Battlefield 1 trailer looked sick. But seriously. Why is a dindu the leading role of a World war 1 game? I asked people this and all i could get is "muhh harlem hellfighters"

SERIOUSLY ITS A BLACK GUY WE HAVE TO PLAY! Wtf
>>
>>73292107
>WE HAVE TO PLAY

no you dont.
>>
Just pirate it you fag.
>>
>>73292107
were black people even around during ww1?
>>
>EA Games

Blizzard-shit-tier for normies.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 488x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 488x484
>>73292107
DICE literally said their main goal was to add diversity.
>MUH BLACK GERMAN SOLDIERS
>MUH BLACK BRITISH SOLDIERS
>MUH BLACK DOUGHBOY SOLDIERS
Fucking Swedes.
>>
>>73292107
God damn. Half of the posts on /pol/ are about this or the new mayor of London. Fuck off with this shit.
>>
There were dindu soldiers during WWI. Quit your bitching.

If they put blacks in charge of regiments or as generals, you have a right to complain.

Who gives a fuck about a black front line soldier.

Most of the time the soldier on the front cover of BF games isn't even a character.
>>
>>73292453
There were niggers in WW1 but there were also albino asians in WW1. There's bound to have been some by sheer statistical probability.

Would you like an albino asian man to represent a WW1 game just for diversities sake?
No, because it's not fucking representative of who ACTUALLY fought and died during the time. This is actual historic revisionism: WW1 is almost solely known for how many fucking white people died. Yet they cast a black man in the protag role.
>>
>>73292453
in the bad company 2: vietnam cover was also a dindu.
>>
>>73292348
>i can't beleive people are shitposting on the shitpost board
>>
>>73292453
Hey, fuck you canadian fuck! I dont care if there are black side characters, but i dont wanna play as a nigger who would be seen as an Hero.
>>
>>73292625
Because that was an American war and America was already like 20% black at the time.

At the time of WW1, europe was like what, 0.25% black?
>>
>>73292453
>tfw white people never fought in WW1 and young Adolf's voice actor is Idris Elba.

Do it for me, EA.
>>
>>73292621
your main character will also likely kill a few hundred enemy soliders before the campaign is over. what aspects of this video game do you think were intended to represent the experience of a typical solider?
>>
>>73292107
How long am I going to see this spammed on /pol/?
>>
>>73292621
>Yet they cast a black man in the protag role.
>>73292672
>but i dont wanna play as a nigger who would be seen as an Hero.

Did you fucksticks even read the post? The majority of the time, the guy on the cover is either a side character or not even a character.

Not to mention there weren't any dindus in the actual gameplay footage.

Christ you guys have autism.
>>
>>73292665
I just want fresh shit
>>
>>73292793
the game comes out this fall, so...

all the DLC should be done by 2018 at the latest
>>
>>73292453
>There were dindu soldiers during WWI

They were statistically nothing.

It's pure political pandering and you excuse it due to your apathy.
>>
It's first person, you'll never even know for 95% of the game so who cares?

Also people only buy Battlefield for the multiplayer, and you can be anything you want there.
>>
>>73292793
21 october 2016.
>>
>>73292786
That's also why it's going to be a shit game. WW1 doesn't translate well into video games.

>be soldier
>poke head out of trench
>get shot

>don't poke head out of trench
>get gassed or bombed

>don't move in your trench so nobody can detect you
>get diseases and trenchfoot and die

>try to desert because this is a pointless war with absolutely fucking no point to it that simply culls 50% of the able male population
>get shot in the back of your head by the officer

or alternatively
>find good spot by some fucking statistical anomaly
>kill thousands of people at little risk
>>
>>73292888

>what are the Harlem Hellfighters

Americans in WWI were statistically nothing to begin with.

They should be focusing on Canadians, Brits, French, etc. Which the actual gameplay footage depicts.

You're literally mad at cover art.
>>
>>73292832
And how do you know that?

And even if it's true, does it really change the message?
Imagine if they made a game about african tribes warring and the fucking cover and all promo art showed a polish white man with blonde hair and a thick mustache using a middle eastern sword while wearing African clothes.

Sure, it probably happened at some point simply because no continent is purely black or white, but that doesn't mean it's not fucking retarded.
>>
>>73292107
I'll mod the singleplayer, you watch:3
>tfw all the blacks call their new whitey "sir"
>>
>>73292945
>tfw I'm a sneaky chink bastard knifing complacent burger sniper.
>taht feering when I teabaahg you with my tineh baws

Shit entry in the series though tbqh famalamadingdong
>>
>>73292746
Announcing the voice actors of Battlefield 1
>Idris Elba as Kaiser Wilhelm II
>Idris Elba as Nicholas II
>Idris Elba as George V
>Idris Elba as Woodrow Wilson
>Idris Elba as Enver Pasha
>Idris Elba as The Sargent Kangz (Protagonist)
>Idris Elba as Soldier 1
>Idris Elba as Soldier 2
>Idris Elba as the player in real life
>Idris Elba as the developers
>Idris Elba as the person me
>Idris Elba as everybody
>Idris Elba as there's no escape
>>
>>73293404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

Go on, find me one single black person in the footage. I'll wait.

You're sperging over cover art.
>>
>>73292107
>Battlefield 1 trailer looked sick. But seriously. Why is a dindu the leading role of a World war 1 game?
The devs are swedish, they GET MONEY FROM THE SWEDISH STATE, to ''support swedish companies :^)''
Figure out the rest on your own.
>>
File: stop.jpg (8 KB, 137x234) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
8 KB, 137x234
>>73292107
>Buying revhistory games from EA of all fucking people
>>
>>73292181
Harlem hellfighters m8
>>
>>73292107
>new game happens
>blacks have a new role model thats not a rapper
What exactly is your problem? Theyre taking a white character and making him black.
>>
File: down3.jpg (46 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
down3.jpg
46 KB, 360x480
>>73293566
it is revisionist to suggest black people existed during WWI
>>
>>73293544
I wasn't talking about this footage.

I was asking how you know the black guy isn't the protag.

There's no blacks in the video because you can't tell which skin color 90% of the people shown have. One of the pilots looked to be black.
>>
File: french soldiers so white.jpg (50 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
french soldiers so white.jpg
50 KB, 600x369
>>73292107
>"muhh harlem hellfighters"

So this game will cover the final 12 minutes of WW1 because that's the whole US involvement in the war.
>>
>>73293683
>I was asking how you know the black guy isn't the protag.

Seeing as how there most likely won't be a protag because of the multitude of factions and battles shown.

If we so happen to play as the Harlem Hellfighters for a fraction of the campaign, so be it.

Most of the video was Canadian/British with a little bit of French mixed in.
>>
>>73293934
I still don't see why you think it's unreasonable to be mad at promo art.
They plaster a black guy all over the promotional material of a WW1 game. Promo material is supposed to represent the game.
Either they misrepresent their own game heavily or they misrepresent WW1 with their game. Knowing the video game industry, I'd say the latter is more likely.
>>
>>73292107
Instead of...
>Blonde German soldiers
>Muslim Turkish soldiers
>Eternal Anglos
>Gurkhas
>Based Aussies
>Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys
>Pastaniggers

You get
>Black German soldiers
>Black British soldiers
>Black American soldiers

"Diversity"
Fuck SJWs
>>
>>73294116
>They plaster a black guy all over the promotional material of a WW1 game. Promo material is supposed to represent the game.

No it isn't. It's promo material. It's used as promotional, aka marketing.

It's simply marketing, nothing more. They want to appeal to the masses, not the spergs of /pol/ being a tiny fraction of the market.

Just face it, you're angry at a picture when the early footage is a complete 180 of it.

I don't give a fuck about the promo material. It's all about the game itself.
>>
>>73293934
They were Italians, not French
>>
>>73294523

My mistake. Their helmets looked French.

Their rifles I can't even identify. Some sort of Mauser knock off.
>>
>>73294338
>No it isn't. It's promo material.
>It's simply marketing, nothing more. They want to appeal to the masses
>Just face it, you're angry at a picture
Contradicting yourself there a little bit. It's clearly not just a picture if it's all over promo material and used to pander to a crowd.
>>
>>73293544
You stupid moron! It has nothing to do with the trailer. In the campaign you play as an Blackman, thats not in the trailer.
>>
>>73294668
> In the campaign you play as an Blackman
proof, thanks
>>
>>73294640
YOU ARE SO STUPID! Please stopp!! Just stop!!

>muhh the video shows
>muhh just marketing
>muhhh just artwork

YOU ACTUALLY PLAY AS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN IN THE FUCKING CAMPAIGN YOU DUMBFUCK! ARE YOU FACKING RETARTED?! NOT EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS SHOWN IN THE TRAILER YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU,!! YOU FUCKING PAID JEW GET TJENFJCK OITTA HERE I HATE NOGGERS
>>
>>73295010
Frenchie you should probably learn some English before posting.
>>
>>73295010
>>73294668

There is absolutely nothing depicting you playing as a black person in the campaign.

Literally all I see in the trailer are white people and Germans with masks on.

And some random arabics charging on horses.
>>
>>73295121
I CAN SPEAK FOUR FUCKING LANGUAGES BItch!
>>
>>73294640
>It's clearly not just a picture if it's all over promo material and used to pander to a crowd.

I just think that it won't represent the actual game itself.

Take Battlefield 3 for example. It had a black guy on the cover. Yet the main protag was white, side characters you played as were Russian, and the black guy was a Sargent you end up fragging.
>>
>>73295158
Oh my fucking god!!! NOT EVERYTHING IN TNE GAME IS SHOWN IN THE FUCKING TRAILER!!!
Look up for Battlefield 1 info! They all tell you what yoi're going to fucking play as
>>
>>73295298

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-official-screenshots-information-story-gameplay/

>Players will explore the different war stories of multiple soldiers fighting on different fronts.
>Confirmed locales so far are the Italian Alps, the Western Front and the Arabian desert.

Just stop posting.
>>
>>73295291
>It had a black guy on the cover
No shit. It's set in 2014 USA.

This isn't comparable one bit. On a game about contemporary America it's natural, on a game about WW1 it's pointless pandering.

Here's a quote from the lead designer himself, btw:

>Q: You’re talking about revealing sides of the war that people don’t necessarily know about. A lot of people have made note of the fact that your cover character is black, even though obviously black people fought in World War One. For you guys, was that a conscious decision, an opportunity to show that there was more breadth to this war than people know about?
>>A: That’s the thing. People don’t know that this was the case. We want to show diversity in the game. That’s been a key goal. You can see in the trailer that there’s a Bedouin woman warrior on a horse. She’s a playable character in the single-player campaign.

>A Bedouin woman warrior on a horse.
>She's a playable character in our game about WW1.
>>
>>73295650

Yes, and that actually occurred. They fought alongside the Turks against the British. What's your point?
>>
>>73292107
>not 2143
Fuck of Dice.
If the only noteworthy thing about your shooter game is it's 2topical4u protagonist then you fucked up real bad.

This is just some shit like EA hiring actors to pose as Christians protesting Dante's Inferno.
>>
>>73292107
They even give you a napkin to clean up after jerking off what the fuck EA?
>>
>>73295829
You're just fucking stupid

And you clearly cant stand the fact that you're wrong.
>>
>>73295829
You've already said this and I've already refuted it.
We've officially come full circle. We can now start over again: >>73292621
Was fun talking to you. Going to lift now.

Here's a good WW1 game incase anyone is interested
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/
It's called Verdun and it's actually about WW1, not diversity and identity politics
>>
>>73295943
You don't even know history.

What am I wrong about exactly?
>>
>>73293824
I didn't even know the U.S. was in WW1 until that thread yesterday
>>
>>73292107

Who would even buy a nigger statue? I bet not even niggers themselves would do it.
>>
>>73292107
He had a Mauser and MP18 so he was actually in the German Army

My guess is that he's actually a Togo or Cameroon, which were German colonies back then, and you probably fight with the Allies against the evil German oppressors or some shit
>>
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/

Game looks sick btw
>>
File: dice.png (29 KB, 277x313) Image search: [Google]
dice.png
29 KB, 277x313
>Battlefield 1 Campaign Details Teased, Dev Says Diversity Is a Key Component
>"We wanted to challenge some preconceptions."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-campaign-details-teased-dev-says-div/1100-6439595/

SWEDEN, YES!
>>
>>73292107
It looks like an alternate reality fatasy sort of ww1. Which somewhat excemts it imo. I just don't want them claiming that it's historically accurate, or revising history to suit their feelings...

I have to admit, it looks pretty fucking fun. I was expecting to be pissed at the trailer. I still want a more historically accurate ww1 game though. Maybe Verdun will do.
>>
>>73292786
How many of those enemy soldiers will also be black?
>>
>>73292107
This is how historical revisionism looks like

>>73292181
there were, but mostly in colonies and a few divisions on both sides in europe... not that many. Although I think Indians were far more numerous.
>>
So tolerant and progressive.
>>
>>73295829
>It's a Canadian defends cultural marxism post
>>
>>73296101
BRITISH EDUCATION
>>
>>73296330
stockholm syndrome
>>
>>73296740
He's not fucking wrong, faggot

This entire thing is being blown out of proportion
It's just Sweden being Sweden regarding the campaign which nobody ever really plays and only takes 3-4 hours to complete

Odds are the multiplayer will be FINE
>>
>>73295829
>fought against the British
>I'll have to kill proud British warriors in the name of Allah the merciful
>I can't shoot sandnigger bitches off their horses as a good honest tommie
why even live at this point?
>>
File: 1409146100756.jpg (900 KB, 1111x1609) Image search: [Google]
1409146100756.jpg
900 KB, 1111x1609
Would it be better if you played as a black German? :)

I mean, huns are niggers with white skin anyway, right guys? :)
>>
>>73297007

>having an allegiance with digital sprites on a TV screen

m8
>>
>>73297019
It would to be honest.
Ghetto von bismark looks pretty badass.
>>
>>73297141
I don't mind playing as the antagonist, but this is a situation where it genuinely sounds like it'd be less fun
>>
>oh cool, there's going to be an Arab campaign in B1
>it's a woman

If they really wanted to show the contribution of women in WWI, they could have a nurses' station segment. Rows and rows of horrifically maimed men, amputation minigames, running around trying to find enough plasma to help a man with phosgene in his bloodstream.

Unless Dice is trying to say that the medical corps wasn't just as heroic as the shock troops, and that a female nurse isn't an interesting character.

The misogynist fucks.
>>
>>73292107
Why is there no australians mentioned in it?
I want to see Billy Sing sniping people in the game.
>>
>>73297310

That's true.

But it shows them inna calvary charge, I wonder how they're going to do that in first person. It could go either way
>>
>>73292107
Why do you faggots still play fucking video games? The whole industry is FILLED with cucks and yet you still indulge in it. Quit now and take your fucking life back.
>>
>>73292181
There were a few American soldiers but nothing else really
>>
File: 0440_lg.jpg (385 KB, 1452x1432) Image search: [Google]
0440_lg.jpg
385 KB, 1452x1432
>>73297662
Retro vidya if you must vidya.
>>
>>73292107
can you fags keep that shit on /pol/ please? since the announcement there's at least 3 to 4 threads about the same topic at any time on /v/, it's getting annoying now. thank you
>>
File: 1360642696659.jpg (927 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1360642696659.jpg
927 KB, 1920x1080
>>73297662
This
That or make your own games with subtle /pol/ themes
>>
>>73297779
the french also used senegali troops. but they were the exotic figment, not the main players.
>>
>>73292340
>tfw there happened to be some black soldiers and some women snuck into the ottoman forces therefore all battles will have these groups 50/50 with white europeans
>>
$0.02 have been deposited into your Dice account

>Seriously can we not talk about Vida games on a politics board?
>>
File: image.jpg (523 KB, 1200x947) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
523 KB, 1200x947
>>73292107
>Is black even though there was less than 8% black population in America at the time, and only around 4% black soldiers in WW1.

>Is using a Mauser even though he appears to be from the U.S. army.

>Is holding said gun sideways like a "hood nigga".

>Has an automatic weapon strapped to his side even though automatic weapons were almost non-existent on infantry soldiers.

>This is what my great-grandfather died in the Somme for. To be embodied as group that barely even fought that war.

Pic related.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.