[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I told my wife that when our 4 year old son turns 16, I expect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 315193_09.jpg (40 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
315193_09.jpg
40 KB, 300x417
I told my wife that when our 4 year old son turns 16, I expect him to pay rent.

You can get a job at 16. What do you need the money for? Exactly.

I won't charge an insane about. Maybe just $50 a month. That will go up by $20 until he is 18. After that, if he wishes to stay around, I'll expect $350 a month. That was what I was paying for a shitty apartment when I was 18. I'll give him a family discount.

My wife flipped the fuck out.She's all for letting our son live rent free until he's 30 for all I know. Nope. If you can work, you will work.

What do you think, pol? Am I right or was my wife correct?
>>
Don't charge him money wait till he's 19 or 20
>>
File: Took the Bait.png (148 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
Took the Bait.png
148 KB, 308x308
>>73253173
>>
>>73253173
Do you know the average age for people getting their first job is now 22?
>>
>>73253173
You are right but put aside the money he pays you (don't tell him you are doing this) then when he goes to put a down payment on his first home, give it back to him
>>
Wrong. Economy is in the gutter.

You can't find a job a 16 now.

I mean you can but it's not easy.
>>
>>73253257
Well, I expect him to be below the average, then. I got my job at 16 bagging groceries. Go do that.
>>
>>73253249
actually you are A OK to charge rent the moment he turns 18
>>73253173
dont charge rent at 16 but make sure he pays for his own car insurance and gas
>>
Depends, if your son proves to be smart and studious, i'd let him go full-time on his studies so he mayb gets a scholarship that'll amount to more than what'd he'd get saving with a min. wage job. Same if he's athletic. If your son is dumb as fuck tho or just average IQ (gotta be realistic about these things), then yeah, get him to work.

Most important, you don't allow him to become a lazy neet that amounts to nothing.
>>
>>73253173
I think 16 is too early, but after he graduates high school I agree 100%.
>>
>>73253334
You can't do that anymore
>>
This is a great idea if you want your son to leave and never return, and resent you for the rest of his life. However, OP doesn't have a son or a wife and is just a sad lonely virgin shitposting on /pol/.

And that's all he will ever be.
>>
>>73253173
You know how all the more affluent kids get ahead?

Their parents pay for everything so they can concentrate on being more skillful instead of getting Cs in college because they have to also work 30 hours a week flipping burgers.
>>
My wife's son****
>>
>>73253392
you cant work full time at 16 or too late in CA
source I was 16 in 08
>>
You understand that your son will stop talking to you and most likely not invite you to anything that he would invite your wife.
Hes going to think you're a cunt. Don't expect him to visit you on your deathbed.
>>
>>73253353
I took an online IQ test and came out at the top of the bellcurve. I'm not super smart, and my wife isn't either. I expect him to be just as retarded as us.
>>
>>73253173
You're inverse cucking.

As that child is your own progeny, you want to give him every head start you can.
Not bleed money out of him lmao.

No wonder you guys get cucked so often, you cuck yourselves.. Literally.
>>
>not letting your offspring work and save cash whole living at home

Shit like this is why America is turning to shit. Family units are supposed to support their own, not force them to pay for shit. Unless you play on putting all that rent money into a savings account for them you're nigger tier trash
>>
>>73253173
i despise boomers more than anything, i really do
>>
anything you charge him should go into a trust fund he gets access to when he gets married.

Your wife wants to spoil him, which means he will grow up to be a little shit.
>>
>>73253411
And I knew teens who were my age who were given it all and still went to school for history and art.
>>
>>73253411
they their parents were rich as fuck they would get them a good job after graduation.

It is trivially easy to get a 3.5 or above in college as long as you have elite study and time management skills
>>
I had to pay rent when I was eighteen. I moved the fuck out when I was seventeen.
>>
>>73253455
Wat
>>
>>73253498
if your boy does not pull his own weight once he becomes a man he will be a NEET MMO addicted manchild
>>
>>73253498
Money will go towards my account for feeding his ass all these years. Life sucks. He better learn it from be than from some drug dealer.
>>
>>73253334
>Handful of grocery stores in town
>Hundreds of 16 year olds want dat money

Good Luck. It's already hard enough to find a place hiring 16 year olds, let alone being the lucky one who gets the job.
>>
He should work at the local grocery store starting at 15, then pay monthly.

I didn't have to pay my parents rent until I was 18 (a legal adult) and I paid 280. I wasn't thrilled and my dad still apologizes for making me pay that much (it was a consequence for totally fucking my first semester of school up) but I grudgingly paid it for 3 years, till I moved out. Love my dad and glad I had the hardship.
>>
>>73253173
wait til he's 18 and done with high school at least, if only so he doesn't just drop out

once he's 18 charging him will probably just incetivize him to move out, but a 16 year old dropout will never make it in life, trust i know four of em
>>
>>73253173

That's fine, but don't expect him to be around when your down and out on hard times.
>>
File: 1442197476140.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1442197476140.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>73253253
>>
>>73253592
I worked at a 24 hour grocery store but I was limited to 20 hours a week and I could not work past 8PM in california
>>
>>73253601
Agreed. Have a (you)
>>
>>73253334
people don't get paid to bag groceries anymore
i mean have you even been to a market in the last couple of years? it's almost all automated
>>
>>73253173
My policy is rent at 18, unless they're going to post-secondary, at which point they can stay free until they're 22. A part-time mcjob is only useful for financing their car/insurance/gas/ammo/miscellaneous expenses. Adding rent to that shit is counterproductive.
>>
File: 1462240902652.png (260 KB, 497x458) Image search: [Google]
1462240902652.png
260 KB, 497x458
>>73253470
>>
You do not (and will never) have a wife, and you are currently living with your parents.
>>
My parents did that to me when I turned 17.

I didn't understand why they wanted me to do this. I was not happy about it but obviously I had to do it. Charged me $100 a month. When I got a good enough paying job when I turned 22, I moved out.

Turns out my parents had saved every dollar I gave them. Gave me around $6k in cold hard cash when I moved out. I was fucking blown away. Thank you based parents.
>>
>>73253617
>hundreds of kids burn out at burger flipping and shelf stocking jobs since they are lazy fuck ups
>>
>>73253173
stop being a jew, hes your own flesh and blood
its literally not possible for young people to make money anymore
>>
>>73253617
The store I worked for hired downies to do the bags, as well as normies like me. I think he'll be fine.
>>
I started to work at 16 as well. But i think anything could happen in 12 years so yeah
>>
>>73253173
You're retarded. Any parent who charges their own children for rent should be thrown in prison.
>>
you sound like a shitty enough dad that your son will probably want to move out as soon as he's able to. i wouldn't worry about him sticking around too long.
>>
>>73253498
in b4 the boomer OP starts preaching delayed gratification
>>
>>73253173
Tbh you should only do this if your son is a huge degenerate otherwise that's fucked up. Let him enjoy his youth, make sure he does well in school, and encourage some hobbies.
>>
>>73253173
You're being such an autistic faggot

You're nothing like your father or your grandfather, stop imposing your internet era futile attempts to reclaim you masculinity on your child faggot and just be a good father. If he's working full time/loafing around charge him rent, otherwise if he's studying just have him help around the house, which he should do of his own volition.
>>
I say you're making a horrible mistake. You should charge more than that.

My parents charged me $200 monthly when I turned 18. You should do that.
>>
>>73253173
>Baby boomer jew tactics of leeching your own child for personal gain.

The correct thing to do would be to take that "rent" money and put it in a savings account for him. Then no matter what kick him out at 20 and give him the account to help him get on his feet and achieving financial independence.

You're talking about crippling his income so he can never get enough money to get out of your house.

My way teaches him to get used to paying regular bills but also teaches him the value of saving money and gives him a small sum to get started.
>>
>>73253707
Nope. Got a wife. She's pretty average looking but hey, whatcha gonna do.
>>
>>73253173
You just sound like a kike. Wait till he's at least 18 to charge rent.
>>
Wow you're a shitty dad.
>>
you should be prepping your son to have landed a scholarship to one of the finest private schools in the country. at age sixteen he should be in his second or third year there, with paying rent to live at home a nonissue.

arguing about a twelve-years-down-the-road shitty family situation has to be the dumbest thing i've read in a while, counting shillposts. just fucking kill yourself now if you and your spouse have actually had this conversation.
>>
>>73253727
t.neetovich

I pass by dozens of places a day saying they are hiring if you kid can drive to work he can work anywhere
>>
If he can't find a regular job will you be mad if he's sucking dick for rent money?
>>
>>73253777
I'll consider but my wife is already pissed at my proposal.
>>
>>73253276
/thread
>>
>>73253470
by taking an online IQ test seriously, you failed the IQ test
>>
I think it's a good idea but don't raise the amount over time. Keep it low. the idea isn't to put him in debt or for you to get money it's to give him incentive to work and also to prepare him for the real world. maybe you should keep the money in an account or something and he can get it back when he leaves or something. Or donate it or something like that. To take money from your son for rent is fucking stupid
>>
>>73253173
Great way to piss off your kid and make him resent you faggot.
>>
>>73253173
Demanding rent from your children just make you seem poor, weak, and petty.
>>
>>73253173
nice try dad
>>
>>73253875
As long as I don't know about it and the rent is in my hands on time.
>>
File: 1461998278382.jpg (42 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1461998278382.jpg
42 KB, 604x604
>>73253720
>>73253734
You forget that he'll have to be in line behind all the women and minorities so the employer can meet their diversity quota
>>
>tfw you're an upper middle-class family
>your mom is stay-home and mommy'd you for your entire life while your dad makes shitloads in finance
>grow up in affluent neighborhood with everything at your fingertips
>just study and do your extra-cirriculars
>get good grades
>parents pay for your college
>ayyyyyy

I love being this cozy. I could've been born in some filthy ghetto with a pleb-tier cunt of a single-mom. Then I'd be wage-cucked for the rest of my life when I move out.
>>
You should never charge your child rent ever, if they're not self sufficient and on their own then YOU fucked up and should take responsibility to fix it
>>
>>73253313
Depends on how influental tha family is, i started working at 14, not that it taught me jack all. I have friends who hardly worked and got a 90k a year job right after their masters . I got a 70k a year job a few months after my bachelors and cant find one as well paying now at 27 its a fucking crap shoot. Op wants to teach his kid a lesson but in the end its 60% luck.
>>
>>73253605
>bring a kid into this world
>expect him to pay you back for a decision you made

Seriously? You're a shit father.
>>
>>73253807
This is very clearly some retarded bait that you set up as a backdrop for your sockpuppet that is currently replying to this thread.
>>
dude, don't be a dick. You're still the parent of a 16 year old and supporting them.

Tell him he has to work for his own car. Charging him rent at 16 is not just dickish, come to think of it, but harmful since he's got a life to live and he can't possibly work enough onw weekends to help support your lazy ass and be freaking 16.

And he won't be getting a job at 16. Illegals, immigrants and minorities take all the minimum wage jobs. There's nothing for him. Unless you do the dad thing and help him get a job by networking with your friends for a hookup.

Charge rent the moment he hits 18. But not one minute before.

(parent of 2, grandparent of 1)
>>
>forcing a lifestyle onto other people
Fundamentalism is cancer.
>>
File: Ln6rmGK[1].jpg (7 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
Ln6rmGK[1].jpg
7 KB, 252x252
>>73253967
>>
>>73253924
Or instill a valuable teaching moment. If I can Jew him before the real Jews do, he'll learn.
>>
>>73253173
Seriously, fuck off. Don't you remember your teenage years? They're hard enough without having an asshole father who wants to take your money every month.

I sincerely hope your wife and son die soon. Maybe then you'll learn to appreciate them, rather than seeing them as a source of extra income. You fucking kike.
>>
>>73253852
>good goyim pay $600 a month at St Shekels academy dont just take all AP classes at a public school,

Unless all the public schools near you are nigger jungle cages dont go to private school
>>
>>73253173
Man thats a dick move, as long as hes getting good grades has his education on track let him do what he wants(provided its not completely degenerate).
>>
>>73253949
>not naming you kid a semi spic name like roberto so he gets dem programs
>>
>>73253173
Why are Americans so stupid? You don't need the money, and it's not like you will be putting it in his college fund either. You're just a selfish cunt who wants to exert dominance over someone else. I'm 24 and in university right now for computer science. My parents aren't charging me a dime for rent, and the food is free.
>>
>>73253605
i really suggest that you just dont have a kid because hes just gonna tun out shitty. Hes never gonna be able to leave home if you dont let him save up or stay in school long enough to get a good degree retard. Have fun having a 30 year old food bagger live in your basement
>>
>>73254033
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>73253173
>put money ahead of family
>get kid to move out, as that is what all of the successful rich people do(they don't)
Family units stayed together for millenia. That's what works best. You are a jew.
>>
>>73253173

Sup kike
>>
>>73253334
Well you're shit out of luck.Those jobs now belong to full time employed 20 year olds.

Only part time work a teenager can get now is employment from their parents.

Also expecting a child to be financially independent (or semi independent) at 16 is illegal, have to be 18. So unless you want a legal headache lay off of it.
>>
>>73254045
My dad never asked for rent but I joined the Army at 17. I wasn't going to be that burden, and I don't expect my kid to. If he wants to join the military, by all means, I'll sign the papers.
>>
>>73254033
REEEEE FUCKING MOM MAKING ME PAY FOR TENDIES REEEEEEE
>>
>>73253173

Your whole idea is based on premises that were only true in the economy you grew up in. This doesn't represent the economy a 16 year old lives in now, let alone in 12 years. If my father maid me pay rent in my own home, I wouldn't particularly care to have a relationship with him.
>>
>>73253173
more importantly, is pic related?
>>
>>73254098
you should have graduated 3 years ago retard
>>
I'd say charge your son rent and instead of being a jew and spending it, save it and give it all to him when he moves out.

Or just make it mandatory for him to work? Taking his money is pretty jewy tbqh
>>
>>73253173
Women don't get opinions, they're women.
>>
>>73253173
I'm 18 and pay my parents 400$ a month wanna be my new dad?
>>
>>73253173
You're more or less in the right, I say stockpile it for him till he starts paying actual rent at 19-20 of like 3 bills, surprise him with something he needs money for like a trade tuition or like books, who knows, thus reinforcing the concept of saving, unbeknownst to him.
>>
>>73254097
We named him Angus. Looking back, it was kind of a silly choice because I was thinking Scottish warrior. But now all my friends nicknamed him "Beef". He likes it. Makes him giggle.
>>
File: 1461712153665.png (106 KB, 215x340) Image search: [Google]
1461712153665.png
106 KB, 215x340
>it's a /pol/ gets triggered by the prospect of forcing someone out of being a NEET episode
>>
>>73253173
You are charging your son for something he is legally required to do: live with you. This is like charging someone for breathing air or going to public school. What the fuck is wrong with you? Is this bait?
>>
>>73253173
My dad started charging $300 the day I graduated high school (I was 18). I didn't have a job and he made me pay for each month I missed before I found a job.

Worked out well for me. Kicked me into the real world rather quickly and helped encourage me to work hard and move out.
>>
>>73254041
No, he'll hate you for being a worthless jew. This is the kind of shit that makes your son kill you in your sleep. You'd better be able to raise him correctly before you start charging him for his own parents assistance.
FFS it's no wonder people don't value their families anymore. There's hardly any reason to.
>>
>>73254124
Eat an atom bomb, nip. If you got a hold of my kid, you'd probably turn him into a DDR pillow fucker.
>>
>>73253173
Start charging at 18.

That's what my parents did. It encouraged me to get a job, move out, and go to university. This was only about 2 years ago, so it's not unheard of in the modern world.

A lot of kids don't have jobs at 16, and while you can get a job at 16, it's actually pretty difficult in the current climate, but he should have a job by 18.
>>
>>73253173
why wait till he's 16? don't let your son cuck you, as soon as that little piece of shit can walk he should be expected to contribute.
>>
>>73254213
Who cares? I changed faculties. Do you think having me go into debt would be a good idea?
>>
>>73254050

agreed, but top private schools are a different story, and the tuition system should be gamed via scholarships. and i made that clear in the post. of course it's pointless to go to the nearest catholic school.
>>
>>73254177
I just googled Milf.
>>
>>73254315
>all this non-argument

kill yourself youre a terrible father
>>
>>73254168
Your kid isn't supposed to be a burden, he's supposed to be your reason to live. If you're too selfish to even support him until he reaches college, then your wife should have had an abortion.
>>
my parents want me to get a slave wage job so I can pay them rent. what's the point of doing that if half of my paycheck is going to go to them? step dad makes 100k a year what the fuck does he need it for anyways.
>inb4 principles, work ethic, etc.
>>
>>73254272
ikr? Preventing my kid from surfing this site all day and these NEETS just REEEEE
>>
>>73254293
Everything is bait on /pol/, who'd want to meet any of you cunts in real life?
>>
>>73253173
lived rent free until i was 40, ruined my life. dont do it.
>>
Why don't you teach him how to save and help him get his own place when he's 18 so he's a fully functional adult, you grubby bastard. What do you need the money for?
>>
Honestly, I'd never charge my kids rent. I hope I'd be successful enough to spoil the shit out of them. I just wanna make beautiful babies. Most important is that we're close as fuck, and I'd try to give them as many opportunities as possible to succeed.
>>
>>73254438
Thanks, ausbro. Great example I can use to show my wife the dangers of giving everything for free.
>>
>>73253173
You are 100% unequivocally in the right, your son is lucky to have you
>>
>>73254168
This, I was excited to finally be able to pay for myself.

When I got a decent job and my own apartment, I felt like I wasn't a burden anymore, and it was liberating. Like I'm a positive in society, rather then the money sink I had been to that point.
>>
>>73254345
Fuck you're a simpleton. No wonder you joined the army at 17 and expect your son to pay rent.
You are what makes america a tacky country and do nothing to improve your sorry excuse of a country.
>>
>>73254450
Gas.
>>
>>73253685

We don't all shop at Wal Mart. Go to any major grocery chain (Kroger, Safeway/Albertsons..etc) they have courtesy clerks. Their whole job is bagging, taking groceries out to peoples cars, and bringing in carts. Also, most small town mom and pop grocery stores will have a couple dedicated baggers.
>>
>>73254450
It's bait, dude. But that doesn't mean some people out there aren't this retarded as to actually do something like this
>>
>>73254430
What did I say that made me sound like a cunt?
>>
>>73254406
>surfing this site all day
If you have a problem with your kid spending time on the internet, don't bust their ass to get a job, make them study. Force them to sit down with textbooks and annotate the chapters, or make them do volunteer work.

Don't act like a fucking liberal, don't create artificial dichotomies.
>>
File: 1436498368024.png (88 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1436498368024.png
88 KB, 640x960
>>73253173
I'm hoping this is bait. No wonder western society is crumbling.
>>
>>73254376
My kids only purpose is to survive and give me a male grandson fuck this pussy shit.
>>
>>73254505
>40
>16

youre just a schlomo
>>
File: 1459236238876.png (5 KB, 365x241) Image search: [Google]
1459236238876.png
5 KB, 365x241
My parents charged me $1000 a month when I was 19, working part time and going to school. Obviously I made nowhere close to that, probably like $150 a week, so I had to give them my entire savings - every dollar I had ever made. I'm still pretty bitter about it.
>>
>>73254581
And this is why you will die alone.
>>
>>73254531
At least I contributed to the freedom of this world. Enjoy your blooming onions you fuck.
>>
>>73253173
if your kid has a job and isn't in school they should pay rent. If they are in school and have a job then no
>>
>>73254571
It's probably bait, but then half the thread is taken up by greedy jews who think there's nothing wrong with treating their children like they're property instead of a member of the family.
>>
>>73253173
Don't take the money away from him completely.

Once he moves out, you can give him the money back to start him out.

This way it's a life lesson in saving and not spending beyond your means, not a life lesson in >your father is a jew
>>
>>73254607
>charging an 18 year old 1000 a month

First of all, this didn't happen, and second of all, if it did, why didn't you move out, there are plenty of places for less than that.
>>
>>73254606
Damn, nip. Does all that radiation cause you just to rage on all my responses?
>>
It is actually a JEWISH tradition to teach the child how to manage money by loaning him money and charging interest even at a young age. This is the only culture thst practices this. Essentially you are continuing an ancient tradition of usury. The family is supposed to be strong. Usury will not allow for this.
>>
>16
>you can't get your license until you save up 6 months insurance, anon
>at minimum wage job
>respond incredibly poorly to ultimatums
>just smoke weed and ride the bus since it's cheaper
>what the fug why don't you get a license?
>and that's why I didn't drive until I was 25
>>
>>73254607

Dude a $1000/month. Rofl. I would've moved the fuck out. You can get something very decent for that being single and have money left over for food and gas.
>>
>>73253173
>What do you think, pol? Am I right or was my wife correct?

At 16 will he be studying full time or working full time ?
>>
I tried to get a job 16 to 18 and wasn't able to because I didn't have a car (I had a license). I couldn't get a car because I needed money to get a car. I lived pretty far in the suburbs, so walking was impossible unless I wanted to spent 40 minutes walking back and forth to the nearest gas station (which didn't hire me anyway).

I did make about 40-50 bucks a month mowing lawns in the summer though. That amount of money wasn't impossible to come by.

I think the OP is bait but if it wasn't the more rational thing to do would be to offer either rent in cash, or rent in chores. Getting a job right at 16 is fairly difficult because you have no references and no method of transportation (usually). Gotta be at least a little bit reasonable.
>>
>>73253173
If you make him pay rent it'll just take longer for him to move out and be independent. Are you subconsciously trying to hold him back and keep him close?
>>
>>73254694
Did all those MRE's cause you to turn into a retarded father?
>>
>>73254706
>just smoke weed

Well there is your problem, degenerate fuck
>>
>>73253276
holy shit good guy dad
>>
>>73254647
>Freedom of this world.
Unless you were born in the early 80's, you were not fighting in any wars against the USSR, which means that as a soldier you did literally nothing but expand the oil interests of the Military-Industrial Complex.

You didn't contribute to the freedom of this world, you contributed to its downfall you fuckhead.
>>
>>73253173
This isn't completely asinine but it can be pretty hard for a teenager to find a job during the school year. Starting at 15 or 16 My mom made me pay 1 bill through the summer months, Didn't complain, thought it was completely reasonable and also felt good to help out the family a little. Just make sure you don't over ask but otherwise way to set up your kid to not be a rent dodging failure OP.
>>
My parents made me pay for my own gas and "luxury" items and car insurance when I turned 16. When I turned 18, they told me to get a full time job and start paying rent, or go to college and live with them rent free.

I think it was a pretty fair deal.
>>
>>73253483
>using cuck incorrectly three times in one post
Fuck off, summerfag.
>>
>>73254550
Probably just a colloquialism from the Southern Hemisphere, we say it to mean person.

Like 'oi cunt you forgot your change.'
>>
>>73254751
You can get a part time job at 16 where I live and still go to HS. I got out of school at 3pm and was at work by 5pm-11. Not hard.
>>
>>73253173
place half or all of the rent he pays you into a savings or other account.

gift it to him once he has a place of his own.
>>
>>73254764
Don't knock them until your try them.
>>
>>73254647
What did you do, go to Iraq or Afghanistan and shoot children, fight the Gulf war and shoot retreating iraqi soldiers?
What freedom have you bought to anywhere you amerifuck? No wonder America has fallen so far behind in every ranking for intelligence.
>>
File: photo.jpg (429 KB, 1280x918) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
429 KB, 1280x918
>>73253173
>>73253334
getting a job, even entry level, isn't as easy walking into a place and asking for a job in the 21st century bro
50 years ago people could get a job in a factory out of high school, sometimes without high school
now you can't do that, companies out/in source, automation makes progress
same will happen to any part time job your son will hope to find
>>
>>73254700
No, that's actually a pretty good practice. It teaches kids fiscal responsibility and encourages them to find ways to make money.

What OP is talking about is kikery of the highest level, charging your children just for being alive.
>>
>>73254883
i eat them all the time.
>>
>>73253173
I live with my parents (about to move out at the end of May though) and I give them almost $900 a month. It wasn't always that amount though.
>>
>>73253173
Why are Americans such heartless kikes?
>>
>>73254872
Charity should be for helping retards and broken vets, not 16 year old white kids.
>>
File: 1351754975141.gif (38 KB, 270x401) Image search: [Google]
1351754975141.gif
38 KB, 270x401
>>
>>73254690
>>73254711
If I moved out they would stop paying for my tuition and schooling, so I would have been truly fucked.
>>
>>73254769
It was that or go insane from depression like the rest of the fags on here. 90s were a great time to be a degenerate anyway, gaylord.
>>
>>73254952
don't tell him you'd be doing it. give it to him once he buys a house
>>
>>73254890
>still obeying the queen

gtfo
>>
>>73253276
yep, good idea
>>
>>73253173

Lol you're a tremendous cunt. I feel sorry for your wife and future son.
>>
>>73253173

no problem with that also charge him for food. when i left school i either worked or gtfo my mums house. so i worked and payed my mum around 200 dollars for living cost
>>
>>73255036
>this mongoloid is creating and raising human beings
>>
>>73254970
So they charged you money for living with them, then threatened to fuck you over if you left? They basically blackmailed you into paying them money. What shitty parents, no wonder you're stuck on /pol/.
>>
>>73254949
i've been paying my mom sometimes over 500 bucks a month for over 9 years even though im disabled. americans never care for their children
>>
>>73253334
Wow you want your son to be below average? what kind of terrible father are you call him retarded while your at it, fucking subhuman scum.
>>
>>73254949
MUH AMERICAN DREAM
even parents who had a hard time getting their 1st house will think their kids can because they were such good parents and that the dream is still alive
>>
>>73254883
>>73254850
>>73254769
>>73254694
>>73254647
>>73254607
>>73254535
>>73254505
>>73254406
>>73254345
>>73254315
>>73254268
>>73254168
>>73254041
>>73253941
>>73253889
>>73253807
>>73253734
>>73253675
>>73253605
>>73253529
>>73253470
>>73253334
>>73253173
In all seriousness if you're not memeing reconsider.

Charging a dependent (under 18) is illegal, avoid fucking up your family when he discovers that.
>>
>>73253173
>am I right?
not necessarily, it depends on what your son is doing with his life

if he's just working, then sure, it's reasonable

if he's in education then no, it's not

just make him do all the shit you don't want to do
>>
Lived with my parents, helped around the house. they never charged me rent. I put now windows in the house, I put new water filtration, remodleed the bathroom, reroofed , put up new gutters, new siding, dad got cancer , lasted about a year. Gave me the house before he died. Mom went nuts, found some dude and ran off with him.

now I live alone in my big empty house of memories.

At least I can shitpost though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Y79aW1SxY
>>
>>73254845
Oh. Well, I still don't understand what you meant even considering that.
>>
>turn 15 and a half, get a drivers permit
>my dad believes this is the perfect time to never shut up about how I should have a job
>apply all over, fast food, grocery stores, movie theaters
>nope nope nope nope
>do favors for neighbors, babysit, make money that way
>dad is still upset constantly because it's not a 'real job' even if I get paid
>threatens to kick me out when I'm 18
>well shit
>get amazing grades in school so I qualify for a bunch of scholarships
>pick the one at the college farthest as possible from home
>work for the university while I'm getting my degree
>dad STILL doesn't call it a 'real job', still fucking upset over I don't even know what
>graduate, move farther away, start working
>now all he does is bitch about how I don't call or visit or tell him about my job
I can't wait for that fucker to die from an ulcer so I can piss on his grave.
>>
>>73253173
you're filthy
i hope you will at some point understand how vile and useless even your decision to bring someone into this world was, and then kill yourself
>>
>>73255025
I bet you have voted for the last 2 Bushes and think the A-10 is a good CAS plane.
>>
>>73253173
You would charge rent to your own flesh and blood? You disgust me. Get a better job if you're THAT desperate for money, you lowlife piece of shit.
>>
>>73255125
>Charging a dependent (under 18) is illegal, avoid fucking up your family when he discovers that.
this sounds like a facebook meme, like how people think cops need to tell you they're cops if you ask
>>
>>73255119
Below average as in getting a job at 16, not at the average at 22 (like someone said). IDK fucking statistics, brit. Lay off.
>>
>>73255169
Who really want's anons from /pol/ giving them life advice? I mean it';d end pretty poorly.
>>
>>73253173
lmao are you poor or something? why would you make your son waste time on a shitty job instead of allowing him to focus on his education so he can eventually make good money? are you autistic or want to get back at society through your son? you sound pathetic
>>
>>73253398
>resent you for the rest of his life

You guys say this about EVERYTHING. If your kid resents you for that, then you raised a piece of shit.
>>
If you need your son's money that badly you might as well go on welfare and suck it up and realize you are a pathetic loser. Get your own job in the meantime, too, you fucking leech.
>>
>ITT: 20 something year olds venting their delicate frustrations with their parents through this thread. A lot of catharsis going on atm.
>>
>>73254935
>I give them 900 a month
you're parents are dickheads

unless you live in a place where it costs above 750 a month with two roomates, they don't give a shit about you
>>
>>73255186
>you're filthy
>coming from the 3rd world
>>
>>73253173

Wait until he is out of college.

You can't be sure what charging him rent at 16 while all his friends don't have to pay rent is going to do to him psychologically. He will resent you for it. It will create un-needed tension.

Seriously.

He's your son. Don't bitterly ask him to pay rent at 16. Make sure he follows through in school and gets a solid education.

There are tons of other scenarios in which he can learn discipline and not feel unfairly treated.
>>
>>73254901
those machines spaz out all the time and make some handler clear the error I would say they are 4-5 years from being good
>>
>>73253173
Do this. I wish my parents had fucking did this. I was coddled and it took me a long time to learn how to motivate myself.
>>
>>73253173

Your kid will hate you and rightfully so. "Get a pointless, temporary dead-end job that doesn't actually help anybody to pay me rent!"

Enjoy your divorce and never hearing from your children.
>>
>>73255268
My parents are just fine. They are doing what this guy said
>>73253276
>>
>>73254935
if you were giving them that much money you should have moved out a long time ago
>>
>>73255255
>>73255266
These. Holy shit, didn't know there were so many special snowflake millennial faggots on /pol/.
>>
>>73255125
>avoid fucking up your family when he discovers that.
>implying his son is ever coming back once he moves out regardless
If he's seriously considering doing something so selfish, I have no doubt he's been an awful, unloving father from the very beginning. It would appear that he sees his minor son as a source of income and nothing else.
>>
>>73255203
I like W. He seemed nice and voted for him.
>>
>>73255326
Motivate yourself to do what exactly?
>>
>>73253173

Are you planning to give the money back to him in the form of a college education or something? Or are you just taking money from your child leaving him with no savings when he goes out into the world?

This is probably bait, but I do know families that do this and the kids are as fucked up as you'd imagine.
>>
>>73255247
Maybe he implies the simple thing that its better in the long term to help your kid then be a cunt.
>>
>>73253173
you're a square.
>>
>>73255021
As if anybody can even buy a house anymore.
>>
>>73255352
See
>>73255348
>>
>>73255365
>I had a shit childhood, and so should my son
>>
>>73253173
I think you shouldn't force your son to pay for a decision you made (having him)
He doesn't owe you for your choice, especially not at just 16. 18 or 19 yeah, but not 16. His education should be most important
>>
>>73255232
It is a meme considering children are their parent's legal property until age 18. No more illegal than expecting your child to do chores around the house.
>>
>>73255365
Tell me about it. Nothing like a bunch of virgins telling me how wrong I am to raise my kid. 100% keks.
>>
>literal kike
>>
>>73253334

>I got my job at 16 bagging groceries

So did I and all it did was made me hate work. Making people suffer doesn't make them strong, it just makes them resentful.
>>
>>73253173

I had to pay rent at 18. Left when I was 21.

Basically when I finished school and got a job, it was sort of the expected thing for kids to do. Pay token rent (I think I was paying 50 dollars a week) or move out.

I'm Australian, so were pretty lenient. If you are a wog (Lebanese, Greek, Italian, Spanish etc) you're pretty much expected to live at home until you are married or later, often rent free, but their financial obligations to their families are also heavier. Even when they move out and have families, they are expected to look after not only their parents and grandparents, but siblings, cousins etc.

Asians are EXTREMELY lenient and then extremely obligated later. For instance, all my Asian friends were given whatever they wanted/needed (cars, clothes, luxuries like computer games and holidays) under the assumption that they would study very hard and work very hard - Then, later in life, they would take complete care financially and socially of their parents and grandparents.

Bogans (white trash for you Americans) and Aboriginals? They expect the state to take care of their kids and themselves, from cradle to the grave.
>>
Do you guys ever notice that on 4chan and other forums damn near everyone claims to have moved out at 18? Some fag in this thread said that he went and joined the military at age 17... what the fuck was he, a drummer boy?

If you look at statistics in America a high amount of men are living at home all the way into their 30s, yet the Internet is full of people who say "I MOVED OUT AT AGE 18. I SWEAR!"

I think that a lot of you faggots are lying and sitting in an unfurnished basement right now.
>>
>>73253529

MFW Went to art school. Then went back to study history.

If only I had the right kind of guidance in my youth.
>>
All you fags who didn't get a job until 20 should off yourselves. I started landscaping at 14 since I couldn't get a job legally. I mowed lawns trimmed bushes/trees planted trees, removed them, replaced and installed sprinkler lines. My name got around and at 16 I was doing houses for a realtor making close to 1k biweekly. I bought a truck and a trailer to haul shit. New equipment. I was fucking living the dream at 16. My Jew parents started charging me $400 a month for rent,$100 for food,and half whatever the electricity bill was.

Make your son do landscaping shit is hard work and pays like shit when starting out.

But it's fucking work

PS fuck the southwest heat.
>>
>>73254535
You can't afford gas but you're having a kid? How is he supposed to get a job if you can't even afford gas?
>>
>>73255390
Exactly, no grasp on any intelligible concept.
Bet you still haven't used your G.I bill.
>>
>>73255168
>drive grandpa around once he loses his license
>he dies at 89 RIP
>leaves me the house
>mfw I rent off a room to a qt spinster and get 600 bucks a month
>>
>>73255306
Russia is second world you illiterate fuck
have fun harming people, praying for your son to slip bleach into your Walmart liquor right now
>>
>>73255365
>To be 20 you have to be born in 1995 right now
>millenials

You can't even fucking COUNT. Go away, American subhuman.
>>
File: 1351753992917.jpg (70 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
1351753992917.jpg
70 KB, 266x400
>>
>>73255404
No. He can pay for his own college. The military will pay for almost all of it like it did for me. He can do that.

And who says he needs to go to a pricey college? We have a nice bible college here that charges about $50 per credit hour. Same degree you can find at a state college too.
>>
When I was 18 I was stabbed 5 times ( with a big ass knife) walking home. They still made me get a job 3 months later 6 miles away uphill. I was stabbed in my lungs. There were days I would just cough up blood.. my rent was also 650$ . You were all so lucky.
>>
>>73255446
>I was never expected to pull my weight, so no kid should be
>>
>>73255325
it still cuts needs for having more employees
where a big supermarket chain would need a dozen cashiers on register and baggers for each register
all you need is 2-4 people on watch there to help people with problems
and you said it yourself, 4-5 years they're gonna be good
>>
>>73255394
Not being a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>73253173
Doing that will do one of two things.

He will either do it and come to despise you which will bite you in the ass if at any point in your twilight years you are considered unable to live alone (don't scoff at the idea being committed to a rest home is more common then you think source: I work at one)

He will leave.

If he leaves depending on how many friends he has he will likely 'crash' with one of them and more then likely become a applicant of welfare and food stamps.

Homeless vagabonds are 90% more likely to become involved with drugs in some way.

Either way your relationship with your child will probably end, which if that's something you don't particularly care about may I recommend putting him up for adoption before its WAY too late and he's super fucked up?
>>
>>73255406
Huey told me that it's hip to be square.
>>
>>73253334

If this isn't bait you are an asshole and I hope your wife's son kills you one day.
>>
>>73255492
You shouldn't have asked for advice if you were expecting only one type of answer. You have gone full retard.
>>
>>73255602
you couldn't sign for disability or some shit?
that sounds like serious stuff
>>
>>73255348
>good intentions
no I was right, they are dickheads

that's too long term and speculative, and wasteful to boot

it would honestly be more helpful to have the family's little retard (you) waste all of the money learning how to invest it
>>
The doctor said It was the most fatal stabbing he's ever seen, he couldn't believe I lived.
>>
>>73255505
It was either get a job or do HS theater. And my dad told be that theater is for queers. I was mad at first but yeah...look at Broadway today. All faggots.
>>
>>73255306
Do you even know where the term "third world" comes from?

Protip: It is by definition something that is not Russia.
>>
File: 1382218837066.jpg (29 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1382218837066.jpg
29 KB, 310x310
>>
>>73255529
Yeah really, that's a pretty funny observation.

It's kind of like how everyone in the internet has an eight inch penis, is 6'2", and can benchpress a hundred pounds.
>>
>>73255529
I think it's just that those people are a lot more vocal than others.
>>
>>73255596
>military scum

Well, this explains your lack of logical thinking.
>>
>>73255534
:( Sucks, friend. GL to you.
>>
>charging family

Is OP a Jew?
>>
All you people making excuses for his son are pathetic. I was 16 just 4 years ago and I found a job at a store my first day looking, got interviewed the same day and started work the next week. Moved on to do work at a temp agency, mostly computer stuff for 10 dollars an hour. Was in college the whole time and still am. Saved up enough that I don't have to work my senior year of college. Also live on my own and pay all bills.

Anyone saying how "it's different now" is just a lazy shit
>>
>>73255614
Pulling your weight and having to juggle school, work, and also pay your greedy parents rent are not the same thing. Maybe they are in your mind because you were raised in an unloving household, but charging your child for living is fucked. Especially at fucking 16.

There is something seriously wrong if your kids are working harder than you are.
>>
>>73255621

What exactly would they have motivated you to do? Get a dead end job? Do you really think that getting a dead end job would have solved your problems?
>>
>>73253617
Teenagers are still highly desired in fast food and grocery store jobs. They're cheap labor.
>>
>>73255539
Straight out of college, twenty one years old, making 4,250 euros a month right now. A higher salary than you'll ever have because you wasted your early life when you could have been studying on trying to grab some quick cash. You dumb sack of shit. At least don't make anyone else repeat the mistakes you made.
>>
>>73255568
Left with my undergrad debt free, bitch.
>>
>>73255596
>joins the military to leech free college
>sees his son as a financial leech

Das cool mane
>>
>>73255232
It isn't, it's in part do with a child being a financial dependent to their parents until they turn 18. Can't enter a financial contract with them or rent.
>>73255377
I was thinking more of the son taking him to small claims court.
>>
this is a boomer bait thread
>>
You are handucapping your son.

Yes, he should wirk, yes he should save money.

All you are doing is cucking hum, keeping from snatching a qt and reducing or delaying his chance at offspring. Your tough guy act is ensuring an end to your lineage, and to the white race, and probably driving his would be gf str8 into the arms of a welware supported dindu.

Thanks for creating a whole fleet of halfbreed jamals.
>>
>>73254543
i just came back from shopping a couple hours ago
i saw five people working there
and this is a supermarket
>>
>>73254850
>You can get a part time job at 16 where I live and still go to HS. I got out of school at 3pm and was at work by 5pm-11.
>Not hard.

True, but his peers who don't have to pull the additional work shift will do better in tests and get the scholarship / first choices of colleges.

It's a matter of wetter OP wants to teach his kid to be a dumb laborer who knows the value of money or an intellectual more prepared for the century ahead and the changing workplace who will thank his parents for the heads up in the rat race.
>>
>>73253173
How about you let him get a job and, I dunno, save up for college? what a fucking retard you are.
>>
>>73255180
Dude, my stepfather did this shit.

>start working for him at 12 during summer break
>construction work is a shit, get a job at pizza place at 16
>always tells me it's not a real job, but doesn't make me work for him because no free time
>get a job at a department store in college
>become a manager
>also not a real job
>become designer, make 70k a year
>stepdad still pesters me

I've come to the conclusion he wants me to take over his construction business, and while I would make so much more I just don't enjoy the work.
>>
>>73253173
>poorly disguised anti jew thread
>>
>>73255790
Good, christian man. Paying your church for services isn't Jewish. I look at it like that.
>>
>>73253529

Only white kids, from already very affluent families.

Asians here live like dogs in a kennel, sometimes three families to a house. They all pool their money towards setting up their kids futures, but the kids have a massive expectation to be financially successful and stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiQ2jw72Ig

Probably why after 1 or 2 generations, the Vietnamese refugees who arrived literally with just the shirts on their backs went from illiterate labourers living in drug and crime and violence filled hellholes to upper middle class Australians in 1 generation, while African or Muslim refugees are multi generational welfare dependent and continue to live in drug and crime and violence filled hell holes.
>>
>>73255719

>he benchpresses only 100 pounds

wew lad you should be able to do at least one push up
>>
File: 1378385963325.jpg (39 KB, 472x600) Image search: [Google]
1378385963325.jpg
39 KB, 472x600
>>73255836
>, bitch.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.