[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so fashionable for people to hate this guy? Yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: trump.jpg (56 KB, 342x465) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
56 KB, 342x465
Why is it so fashionable for people to hate this guy?

Yesterday I made a post on Facebook asking all "never Trump" people to tell me why they won't vote for him. Literally every comment included a statement like "he's such an asshole, racist, sexist, unlikable guy, sinister, Hitler-esque, etc."

It seems like hating Donald Trump is the new form of hating Beiber for edgy high school and college-aged people. Nobody gave me a reasonable justification for never Trump. The only reasonable reply I got was from a friend who private messaged me defending his decision to vote Trump in November. He had to send the message privately because he knew people would shit on him if it was public.

Most never Trump people seem so emotional and irrational. They reject Trump because of their feels.

There are also a handful who just claim, without any justification, that Trump's proposals (eg build the wall) are impractical. Says who? How do you know? And even if they are, did this ever stop a leftist from voting for some pie in the sky candidate like that retard Bernie Sanders? Is only the left allowed to be retardedly idealistic?
>>
>>73086911
They're retarded. All they know are words that roughly equate to "bad guy" in their minds and they puke them out at whatever avatar they're prompted to hate. It's no more complicated than that.
>>
Sometimes when I am drunk I get tempted to post a pro-Trump status or article on my Facebook, but then I realize I could literally lose my job or a future job over it.

>"Hmm yes mr. anon your resume looks great. Fantastic alma mater. Great grades. Lots of experience in internships in the field you are applying to"
>"But here's the thing, we ran a background check on you, and found you supported Trump in the 2016 campaign. Here's the article you linked to your profile. Don't you know he's an evil racist, and incredibly stupid, and just like Hitler?"
>"I'm sorry, but we are going to have to go in another direction for this position"

Literally that quickly. It is insane that Trump is doing so incredibly well, yet no one is talking about him openly in public. I will tell my kids someday about the absolute insanity of the mid-2010s. There'll be entire sections of history books about this time in history.
>>
>>73087107

Certainly seems that way. Why have I never seen a reasonable, level-headed never Trump-er? These people are all practically foaming at the mouth with how much they hate the guy.
>>
>>73087243

Shit. I wonder if I should delete my Facebook post. I'm fresh out of college and still jobless. Maybe I fucked my future.
>>
>>73086911

It's the same as the right shouting that Obama is a communist/would literally start a communist takeover, etc.

Except, because the left is mainstream, the irony doesn't appear to anyone.
>>
>>73087427

Honestly just delete your damn Facebook. When companies run background checks, they will look at all your known social media accounts. Pics of you smoking pot, doing keg stands, all that needs to be deleted or hidden. All those drunk status updates about how wasted you are or how lit the party is need to be deleted.

And, like I said, political opinions should get deleted. You never know which way your bosses are going to swing politically, and it is not worth losing a big job opportunity just so you can let your social acquaintances know your opinions.

I understand the mindset. If I were a manager and some guy applied to a Finance/Accounting position, and I checked his Facebook and see it full of pro-Bernie shit, I would toss his application into the trash because now I know he knows fuck all about economics. Same thing for Trump if you are the type who believes in Bernie's nonsensical utopia
>>
>>73087592

Most of my never Trump friends are conservatives ("conservatives") so they did both of those things, which explains why they don't see the irony, I guess.
>>
>>73087992

Well I don't drink or smoke anything, and I'm a loser so I don't go to parties or do anything crazy, so I have none of that on Facebook.

The only thing I have is the occasional political opinion. And usually it's just asking people for their thoughts and giving some brief but intentionally vague replies. Probably nothing too inflammatory. But I will probably end up deleting Facebook anyway since I basically hate liberal social media and want it to die in a fire anyway.
>>
bump for trump
>>
>>73086911
according to you, /pol/ is a bunch of bieberfans
>>
>>73088862

Not exactly. My point was that Trump hate is just easy, and popular, and fashionable. Similar to Bieber hate. I don't deny that /pol/ is probably capable of fashionable hatred for certain public figures, like Bieber.
>>
>>73088330

Then you sound like you won't have troubles. I am thinking more along the lines of kids just getting out of college who still have 100s of pictures of them at frat parties when they were 18 holding beers (pics of you breaking the law)

As a rule though, I would make a point to keep all politics off social media until you are old enough to explain your position completely and stand behind it. Otherwise it's just gonna bite you in the ass later.
>>
>>73089240

Probably true.

But do you think someone would actually not hire me if they saw a non-fanatical Facebook post reasonably defending the idea that Trump isn't Hitler?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.