[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Brits like the Southern US? I'd just like to understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 19
File: 1425710421162.jpg (250 KB, 2820x1586) Image search: [Google]
1425710421162.jpg
250 KB, 2820x1586
Why do Brits like the Southern US? I'd just like to understand since we're usually viewed with contempt.
>>
tea sippers just mad about how the yankees beat their asses in world war 4
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 247x161) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 247x161
Get the fuck out of the us you hillbilly Mexican soul fucking kill yourselves with your shit food and shit culture. Caused the death of hundreds of thousands of Americans lives in your petty war and now let in millions of illegals
>>
Because we're not Yanks
>>
>>73066035

Because most southerners are polite and will engage strangers in genuine conversation. Also the culture and flavor much to the asspain of northerners.
>>
>>73066035

because they've always had a good relationship with the south. The North spearheaded the revolution, and the South were almost supported by the brits during the civil war.
>>
northern englanders are pretty much southern us'ers culturally

what's really weird is how the scotts and irish talk shit on southerners, when we're all genetically scottish and irish.
>>
>>73066035
I don't really see brits talking about the Southern US more favourably than the Northern or the other way around, or often with even much of a distinction between the two.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's more culturally interesting to us.
>>
>>73066035
Take down that ugly flag you treasonous faggot
>>
>>73066600
Thats funny, you didn't think of them as Americans when you were yanking them off the potato boats to feed them into the meat grinder, they were just a bunch of lice infested micks ruining America.
>>
>>73066600
>Mexican
Where do you get that from? You're thinking of the Southwest.

We tried to leave and then you imported Irish to fight the South in your war to prevent us from leaving. You hate us and demand that we leave yet at the same time demand that we don't leave because you hate us.
>>
>>73066035
who the fuck would wanna live surrounded by yankees? it just makes no sense.
>>
>>73066035
Cheap cotton
>>
the south has contributed more to US culture than any other regions.

Jazz, Rock, Blues, Rap, R&B, Country. We fucking invented it all.
>>
>>73067269
>country built on treason
fuck off yankee scum
>>
>>73066035
Because the wealth is concentrated in the North (funded by Brits) and most feel we didn't complete our task and bring wealth to the South.

LOL I jk, it's your accents. That's literally all.

Also to the buttblasted Puritan riddled Northern state cunts, suck on my uncut English cheddar dick.

Faggots.
>>
They relate to our unspoken class system (good ole' boys and poor everyone else).
>>
>>73066035
They had the right idea
>>
Looks comfy as fuck
>>
>>73067853

Fuck it. I'll keep going.

Mark Twain, Capote, Faulkner, Poe, Hunter S. Thompson, Cormac McCarthy.

Elvis, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, James Brown, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis.

BBQ, air conditioning, Coke.

All Southern.
>>
>>73067269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_GLcumolw
>>
>>73066922
>northern englanders are pretty much southern us'ers culturally
Curiously, I'm a Northern Englishman, and can vouch for this. As I see it, you're the most English bit left of the USA. The North is too German-plus-x now, for us to easily relate to what's left of the Yankees. Doing genealogy, I've found lots of distant cousins in the Appalachian area, interestingly.

Additionally, we share a kind of grudge of the domineering alien metropolis in the other end of our country.
>>
>>73068244
>>73067853
Why do you feel the need to compensate like this?

The founding fathers fucked up with the North and South and should have created two separate economic areas, the South was and is poorer than the Northern states.

Similar thing within the EU, instead the founders lumped it all together into a union of unequals.

And other things blah blah. Wasn't it Hamilton that spoke about this and encouraged and pushed for an economic union with the south to prevent a war or something? Then you had others saying this would be bad.

I forget, American history is long.
>>
>>73066035
Where can I get one of those flags? It seems jewbay and shit got rid of them after that autist shot up that nigger church
>>
>>73066035
Because we are a self hating nation and we know the secret of what the civil war was really about, lets just say you couldn't escape our grasp for too long.
>>
Because no one likes Northern burgers.
>>
>>73066600
Nobody was forcing the US to maintain a fort in the CSA
>>
File: Pepe.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.png
139 KB, 917x871
If the North and South stayed separate, the Nazi's would have one, we'd be living in the most highly advanced society mankind has ever known.
Imagine walking outside and seeing Aryans and Asians building rocketships in the parking lot of their mansions.
>>
>>73068711
This.

Lincoln instigated the whole thing.
>>
>>73068609
http://www.proudrebel.com/rebel/reblflag.htm
thats the best I can find on goygle because they mostly redirect you to places that sell american flags.
>>
>>73066600
Oh much like you, causing thousands of needless deaths by not paying your FUCKING TAXES!

And then you go on to stab the French in the back after they lose thousands of lives.

Then you dare try to insult the South for killing you greedy Northern niggers?

HAH!
>>
>>73068533
>and is
not is you ajust for cost of living
plus throw out blacks and southern whites have a much better standard of living than northern whites
>>
>>73068841
Thanks southbro
>>
>>73068828
Which is fine just dont pretend the war was about something else or that the union were forced into it
It went to war to preserve its power
>>
>>73066035

Confederacy were the good guys.
>>
File: 1461642376112.jpg (134 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461642376112.jpg
134 KB, 640x640
I wish I was a redneck.
>>
>>73068850
Perhaps, but my point still stands, there should be two separate economic areas with different political devolved powers, more powers than is devolved to individual states but with the constitution still the head of your basic laws.

However this posed a problem due to the south's lack of wealth, it would have relied on the North for funding which would have caused resentment and anger.

Much like we have with the EU, the north feeds the south sperm and the south act like lazy, entitled niggers.

It's a tricky one to get the balance right.
>>
>>73068804
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been!".
>>
>>73066035
Where did you hear this? I believe we dont
>>
>>73068899
How can anyone look themselves in the mirror and support Hillary?
>>
File: 1457167455046.jpg (237 KB, 580x563) Image search: [Google]
1457167455046.jpg
237 KB, 580x563
>>73069088
>>
>>73069175
It's the Southern accents that we like.

He's confused.
>>
>>73066035
Because durring that 10 ish year war thats only place they got laid
>>
>>73069188
It's a bot, it's spamming every single thread on /pol/.

Don't respond to it.
>>
>>73069276
>>>73069188
>It's a bot, it's spamming every single thread on /pol/.
>Don't respond to it.

Ye i noticed it thought its some presist autist femist
>>
The Confederates did literally nothing wrong.

t. Californian
>>
File: opswhalesgurps.png (1 MB, 1948x578) Image search: [Google]
opswhalesgurps.png
1 MB, 1948x578
>>73066600
>Demand that the South leave
>Fight a war to keep them in
Does it ever bother you fucking Easterners that you literally created 100% of the political problems that defined the 20th centry?

I seriously cannot think of anything more pathetic than the Eastern Seaboard. How is it fucking possible--you know California is a desert, right? There was literally nothing here except a decent natural port and a bunch of Mexicans, yet somehow we've got individual cities more relevant than your entire half of the continent. You killed... God, how many hundreds of thousands of Americans died because you just couldn't let the South go? Who fucking cares about Texas and Dixie, seriously, what is wrong with you assholes? You hate them so much, yet you FORCED them to stay in the fucking Union and to this day we're still fighting over it. It doesn't matter the subject, you can bet your balls that those faggot Yankees are going to be on one side and those faggot Demi-Celt Southern fucksticks are going to be on the other, and the only way it'll be resolved is when Uncle California breaks the tie with his dick.

Shit, we'd be better off without you. Cut the fucking country into thirds,.
>>
Southerners are pretty much like Northern Englanders.

And they seem a lot more crazy and fun than the northern usa.
>>
>>73066035
Your guns, your blondes and your disdain for blacks.
>>
File: orsonwelles.jpg (18 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
orsonwelles.jpg
18 KB, 214x317
>>73069396
Wrong picture.
>>
>>73069396
>You'd be better off without them

No you wouldn't, you'd be weakened and you would have had the south annexed by opportunist Mexicans and the North annexed by British controlled Canada.

You need each other of sorts, you may hate each other but it's in both your interests to stay unified.
>>
>>73069063
Southerners don't act like lazy and entitled niggers. We've been trying to abolish the welfare state in the US but we don't have much political power.
>>
>>73069396
>you literally created 100% of the political problems

Wilson and FDR are not the Northeast's fault
>>
File: HOW_TO_BUILD_A_VIMANA__20832.jpg (110 KB, 1000x745) Image search: [Google]
HOW_TO_BUILD_A_VIMANA__20832.jpg
110 KB, 1000x745
>>73068804
>Aryans and Asians building rocketships

WE WUZ ALIENS N SHIT!
>>
>>73069532
>south annexed by opportunist Mexicans and the North annexed by British controlled Canada.
Neither of these scenarios are remotely possible
It more likely would have been the otherway around
>>
>>73066035
As someone from the deep south I don't understand all this 4chan roleplaying shit like "HURRR LE SOUTH DID NUFFIN WRONG XDDD" or "GET OUT YANKEE SCUM XDDDD". Literally no one aside from autistic Texans and retards who don't have access to the internet wants to seceed. The south is shit by the way, and the weather is godawful.
>>
>>73069539
It's all about perception, the North will be your creditor and if they don't see a return on investment then it doesn't matter how hard you try, they'll hate you and resent you because they see it as they are keeping you afloat and they don't need you and all this mentality.

Pettiness you understand?
>>
>>73069532
>South
>annexed by Mexicans
You know we make up most of the US military, right? It's the North that would get annexed by anyone that happened by since they'd be defenceless.
>>
>>73069681
Where in the south anon?
>>
>>73068489
This isn't even well worded
>>
>>73069687
>they don't see a return on investment
nobody is forcing them to send money down south
also the progressive income tax is an accounting gimmick to hide where the money is really coming from
>>
>>73069646
>Neither of these scenarios are remotely possible
No, both are if we're talking about the formation of America and the states unifying, if you were divided you think we wouldn't seize control of the North?

We fucked your shit up hard when you tried to take Canada, if you were divided we'd do it just to fucking spite you and send a message.

And you think the Spanish empire wouldn't dig its tentacles and arm Mexican rebels to try and take the south?

You're a fool, as I said, it's in both your interests to stay unified because both of you need each other for numbers, positioning etc etc etc.

You don't have to admit it in this thread, but you fucking know that I'm right.
>>
>>73069910
>nobody is forcing them to send money down south
But you are, you're in a union, they are duty bound to keep you alive and healthy and if that money stopped, you think the South wouldn't get pissed off when they suddenly can't afford anything?

lol.
>>
File: 1460002618253.png (219 KB, 610x406) Image search: [Google]
1460002618253.png
219 KB, 610x406
>>73066192
>>73066600
>>73067269
>>
>>73069911
>We fucked your shit up hard when you tried to take Canada,
the north had industrialized by then
also ironclads would have fucked your navy up
>>
>>73069687
The best thing that would ever happen to the South is if we could manage to abolish welfare benefits. All the non whites would pack up and go North where they can get free shit. Removing welfare benefits would solve most of our problems.
>>
>>73070020
>duty bound to keep you alive and healthy
no they are no\

> you think the South wouldn't get pissed off when they suddenly can't afford anything?
niggers on welfare might
Everybody else would have been happy with the decline in prices
>>
>>73070064
We were engaged in a war with France, you really think if we sent even a quarter of our army at the time you'd manage to fend them off?

You wouldn't have, even unified and you wouldn't have if you were separated.

Now be silent, the French acting like stupid niggers helped you and us by proxy.

So thanks France, you idiots.
>>
>>73069911
Wait what year are we talking because by 1821 Mexico was independent. If we are talking about the 1860s. Mexico was having a civil war with the French and liberals vs conservatives.
>>
>>73070250
we are not talking about 1812
we are talking about the 1860s
>>
>>73070213
Yes they are as they are in a union with you, you are both duty and treaty bound to each other under agreements signed by your leaders in the past.

>>73070162
What's to stop the North preventing those niggers from entering? They could if they wished build wall lol.

They have the wealth, therefore they have more power in your marriage. Hence why it's a complex problem.
>>
>>73070392
Yes we are, the height of the British empire in that period, it was even more fucking powerful than when it was engaged with the spat with you.

So I stand by what I said, it was and is in your interest to stay unified.

>>73070288
We're talking hypothetical and reasons why it's in the interests of both the North and South to stay together.

I also said "opportunism" as it springs from conflict. Happens even today.
>>
>>73070424
>What's to stop the North preventing those niggers from entering? They could if they wished build wall lol.
That'd be racist and bigoted. Even so we could let them starve without benefits. It doesn't make a difference to me.
>>
>>73070424
>you are both duty and treaty bound
Where in the constitution does it say they have to send money

>>73070579
>Yes we are, the height of the British empire in that period
Because of your Navy
Ironclads were not capable of crossing the Atlantic
>>
I have the impression that Southerners are just "cooler" than Yankees. Better bants, culture, food, etc.
>>
>>73066035

The British government was considering intervening in American Civil War on the side of the Confederacy, but the views of British public were less favourable due to slavery. Some people openly displayed their support for Lincoln and the Union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_Cotton_Famine#Politics

>pic related sits in Manchester
>>
Britbong living in Savannah, Georgia here.

It's an all you can eat pussy buffet here for Brits, I have a good job with a low cost of living, it's pretty around here, close to all the fun stuff in Atlanta and Florida, plus guns are fun as fuck to shoot.
>>
Growing up in the early 80s, we all watched Dukes of Hazzard and The Waltons... All I can think of for the North would be... what? Columbo?! Sod that.
>>
>>73071976
>Columbo
Just checked. LA. The North hasn't even got Columbo. What HAVE they got?!
>>
I have family in the South. Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia
>>
File: 1410458778_gilmore-girls-zoom.jpg (180 KB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
1410458778_gilmore-girls-zoom.jpg
180 KB, 1200x854
>>73072072

Gilmore Girls.
>>
>>73072157
heh, maybe we're family
>>
>>73071421
Why would you want to live in Savannah? It's full of niggers and degenerates flocks there. The only livable urban area in Georgia is Buckhead,
>>
>>73066035
Because they know a real man when they see one
>>
>>73072709
Savannah>>>>>>>>>>buckhead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Atlanta
>>
>>73069034
Best pic of the day
>>
>>73072709
>he doesnt like his women like his coffee
>>
>>73072709
>The only livable urban area in Georgia is Buckhead,

no its not.

t.northwest georgia

comfy suburbs out here m8, and savannah is nice.
>>
>>73066035
Maybe its something to do with succeeding from unions

Fuck the EU the UK shall rise again!
>>
>>73072266
"2000 - 2007"
Nope, too late to be any good. Looks shite just from the picture alone.
>>
>>73072709

I live on a private island. Most of the white people live in the Savannah Chatham metro area, not the city proper. The actual city is a nigger infested and art student ridden hell hole. Shit's nice out in the islands though. A lot of the middle class blacks in the area are pretty redpilled though. They act like white southerners and will be the first to say "I fucking hate niggers."

>tfw your neighbourhood has more swimming pools with clubhouses than in the entirety of England
>>
>>73073446
>tfw not enough money to live on a nice island
>>
File: Fug.jpg (48 KB, 425x450) Image search: [Google]
Fug.jpg
48 KB, 425x450
>>73073662

>live on an Island
>libtards everywhere
>>
>>73073662

A lot of the ones around here in Savannah actually have nice apartments on them.

A one bedroom will run you about 1000 a month. If you can get the 200 a month club fee to live on here as well, it's not bad at all. I mean, I have a nice house on here and my mortgage payment is only 1200 a month. Granted, those expenses are not super cheap, but definitely not expensive by any means. Get that promotion mate. You can join us.
>>
File: 1453139393227.jpg (166 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1453139393227.jpg
166 KB, 680x497
>>73073919
Oy Vey
How long Until Britain becomes the next Manhattan?
I fukkin' love CITIES
>>
>>73069681
Floridian detected, you faggots are not southern. Fall into the gulf you cocksucking Cuban piece of shit
>>
I'm from England and I have never, nor have I heard anyone else ever say anything nice about the southern states. You are all inbred daughter-fuckers
>>
It's because we tested out their Enfields on hoards of Irish conscripto the Yankees sent at us.
>>
>>73075630
>daughter fuckers

So it's envy then
>>
File: FL Race.png (135 KB, 1015x737) Image search: [Google]
FL Race.png
135 KB, 1015x737
>>73066035

the South is based. Especially Seminole County FL.
>>
Better culture, especially accents, food and music. They tend to be the best tourists here, and whenever I have the regional flag extension turned on, the Southern posters are always the best ones. The Northerners tend to be autistic and extremely overly aggressive, especially on /pol/.
>>
>>73075630
Dunno mate, I've seen a few Confederate flags, maybe its just the poorer areas where I live (Northern England) who sympathise with the Southern yanks.
That or its a teeth and incest thing.
>>
>>73066035
I'm a Yank and I love the south. The women up here are disgusting slags.
>>
>>73067957
Wrong, foreigners prefer the Midwest accent best. Get your talking points straight, govn'a
>>
I'll say this for the South. They never funded a terrorist campaign responsible for the deaths of thousands out of nothing more than ethnic romanticism and then expected everyone to immediately sympathise with them when they got attacked by terrorists in turn.
Can't say that about Bawston.
>>
File: 1449850509426.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1449850509426.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>>73076777
no, nobody likes that nasally, boring shit.
>>
I've always liked the south I think it's because I watched that film Gods and Generals when I was young and it sort of ingrained on me.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>73066035
We don't?

Southern US is literally Africa. Just watch this video.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4
>>
>>73068843
This is popcorn tier. I hope you unfuck your country.
>>
>>73077458
I live in southern Appalachia, and my census designated area is 97.2% white.

Suck it, Ahmed.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.