[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to persuade long term, staunch Republican father to support Trump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: karlie_21.jpg (1001 KB, 1670x2325) Image search: [Google]
karlie_21.jpg
1001 KB, 1670x2325
I am currently gaining ground on getting my father to come around on supporting Trump (FYI he hated Cruz). He is a Vietnam marine vet, moderate conservative, quite successful, and LOATHES hand outs. I was raised on ideas such as:

>"There are very few victims in this world, you're not one of them"
>"You have to earn my respect"
>"I will give you enough to do something, but not enough to do nothing"

Currently, I've been emailing him back and forth on Trump and particularly his foreign policy. His latest rebuttal was in response to my point about other NATO countries needing to honor their agreement on spending. His response:

>"I understand the point he makes, We shall see whether his approach is feasible. IMO he is approaching this issue from a business perspective. He should not forget that the protection offered by the U.S. also buys political support from those countries. Such support is necessary when you want a "coalition" to combat a threat in some middle eastern country. If those countries are paying for their own defense they may not feel obligated to support the U.S. on certain issues."

He makes a decent point IMO. How is he wrong? What can I do to deliver the final straw? Pic not related.
>>
File: Kate-Beckinsale-1.jpg (280 KB, 1502x1950) Image search: [Google]
Kate-Beckinsale-1.jpg
280 KB, 1502x1950
>>73021414
bump
>>
>>73021414
You need to tell him that you like girls that have penises.
>>
File: Themannis.png (645 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
Themannis.png
645 KB, 600x593
>>73021414
Bend the knee or be destroyed.
>>
I'm pretty sure he right, as you yourself have pretty much determined. US military protection over our spheres of influence establishes US political and economic hegemony. Remember, the US dollar must remain the world's reserve currency or else we crash and burn. That said, he should just support Trump. The most Trump would even try to do would be to retool NATO so that it more efficiently ($) counters the types of threats we face. He just doesn't want to escalate shit with Russia.
>>
>>73021813
I can always count on feedback from mountain monkey rjeindeer-fjucker's. One step above Swedes.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 320x240
>>73021813
>sea jews
>>
>>73022287
Right, he's been indoctrinated from birth to hate Russians. I personally would love to see an open relationship with Russia, and eventually a coalition in which the US and Russia work together to destroy Muslims.
>>
>>73022848
Yeah if he hates Russia then he's not going to like Trump being bros with them. Maybe he can vote for Trump on other issues
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 600x316
>>73021414
You should listen to your pops, he's right...
>>
>>73021414
>business perspective
my dad said this too.
>>
>>73023488
As aforementioned, he is quite successful, so he is an economic conservative. He is an extreme proponent of reducing the growth of government spending, reducing the federal income tax and capital gains tax, and extreme reduction of government regulation.
>>
File: IMG_1101.jpg (20 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.jpg
20 KB, 500x316
>>73022848
>>73023725
I began to text him about the foreign policy speech in general and the disproprtionate fund, other countries not holding up their end of the agreement, etc. etc.
He responded:

>"IMO he is right on several points, however, criticism of past foreign policy is not a foreign policy. If he is elected I am interested to see how he gets other governments to pay for U.S. protection. On one hand he says, "pay for U.S. protection". Then he says, "our allies don't trust us to have their back". Does this mean we will have their back only if they pay for it? I get what he's trying to do, but I am skeptical he can do it."

>tfw you realize you're father is intellectually superior and more logical than you
>>
>>73024680
He's not necessarily superior anon. He's more experienced in how the world works. That said, he sounds like a good man you can learn from. Don't discount what he says just because it doesn't mesh with your own perspective.
>>
>>73021414
>He should not forget that the protection offered by the U.S. also buys political support from those countries.

We don't need to buy support from countries anymore. If we need to buy support, that would mean other countries would not willingly help us unless we continue to pay them off. There will always be countries willing to be friends with America on their own merits, than being bribed. We are also the biggest import country of any country on earth, and people rely on us to buy their shit. This has caused our own manufacturing to vanish, and Trump is using that as a bargaining chip to revitalize our country. It has to be done. Trump will form new allies, and anyone who wants to continue to abuse us, can sit alone in ruins.

Such support is necessary when you want a "coalition" to combat a threat in some middle eastern country. If those countries are paying for their own defense they may not feel obligated to support the U.S. on certain issues."
>>
>>73024680
Let him know that you could do this by first and foremost not even getting actual payment from them, but just to stop the literal billions of dollars of foreign aid we pay them for no clear reason.
>>
>>73024680
Make the mafia comparison (paying tribute for protection, US is the godfather).
That's all you have left at this point.
>>
Just a question for you guys. I got into an argument the other night with a co-worker about Trump, his point was once Trump gets rid of all the illegals from Mexico that no one else is going to want to do the jobs they do and nothing will get done in California. What's a point to rebuttal this? I said that it'd create jobs for the proles but he said no one would pay what they'd expect to get paid and that would fuck prices for everything.
>>
>>73025465
>Make the mafia comparison (paying tribute for protection, US is the godfather).
That's all you have left at this point.
Hahah, that made me immediaetly think of forcing a country to become your 'Protectorate in Rome:Total war".
>>
>>73021414
If our military was strong enough we wouldn't need the other countries help and we can get to that point if we are not already there.
>>
>>73025991
Take into consideration opposition that might arise from countries we currently call our "allies"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.