[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for the past 20 years: >Christianity is BAD! It must be removed!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 22
File: fags.jpg (68 KB, 970x724) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
68 KB, 970x724
for the past 20 years:
>Christianity is BAD! It must be removed!

today:
>Islam is BAD! Christians don't suicide bomb and opress women!

Where were you when atheists were completely btfo and would move into the Vatican before moving to Switzerland.
>>
Christianity has been bad for the progressives. They would rail against perceived family values constantly.
To achieve acceptance they vilified an entire segment of the citizenry for having a belief.
That progressive train is heading downhill and going too Fast to stop.
All the people on that train are going to feel the impact when it train derails. It will be too late to save them from themselves.

The fundamentalists are the only ones staying true to an ideal that is inclusive that is beneficial to the greater good.
Slow and steady.
>>
To be fair, at least Sam Harris understands that peaceful religious folks who find comfort in believing in God do so of their own cognition and don't try to push their beliefs onto people. The other 2 just troll religious people like assholes.
>>
>>72995077

Christianity is objectively more cucked and SJW than Atheists. Bill Maher is too the right of Glenn Beck and certainly far more to the right than the cuckolic pope.
>>
>>72995077

Also wtf is wrong with Switzerland?
>>
>>72996400
Atheists only achieve that by being anti-social though; they aren't offering a stronger society to replace the one they criticise, they're only offering criticism. Having some understanding of the importance of Christianity in European identity is the educated route to take.

the Pope is only Catholicism.
>>
I agree with most of you.
american nu atheists are lousy
>>
Hitchens is sorely missed
>>
>>72996177
Guy on the right seems like such a bully, which is weird considering how Christians are the majority in the entire world and 95% of rulers in the western hemisphere are christian
>>
>atheism only means you don't believe in Christianity

Atheists weren't BTFO. They're still against the religious right imposing their beliefs on others. It's just that now Muslims are part of that religious right and are a bigger threat.
>>
>>72998074
I worry that atheism is gateway drug to marxism or Nihilism.
>>
>>72995077
Jews hate religion, or they love it. There is no grey area
>>
>>72998238
It depends on wether they are zionists or marxists
>>
>>72995077
Wow really great straw man arguments. Just because the emphasis of the new atheist movement has shifted towards Islam and the growing concern of an Islamic caliphate does not mean that the arguments set forth by Harris and Hitchens and Dawkins and the like are null. What kind of fucking logic is that. Islam is a worse religion, all religions are still shit and backwards as they stagnate what could be incredible progress and revelation to the true nature of the universe.
>>
>>72998074
>95% of rulers in the western hemisphere are christian
>""""""Christian""""""
Maybe to the extent that they were baptized, but on average, something like only 20-30% of Europe is still religious in any way, which means they can put down they go to church once a year and they're still being counted as religious.

The only time Western rulers are religious is when they're campaigning (like Obama) or if they're a monarch.
>>
>>72997940

I wonder what he'd be saying today about the migrant crisis and especially the US election.

He'd probably not like Trump but he fucking HATED Hillary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8PG2mpo58
>>
File: rj64DnoL.jpg (55 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
rj64DnoL.jpg
55 KB, 393x393
>>72998222
All I know is lord kek is a gateway to nice trips
>>
>>72998475
>they stagnate what could be incredible progress and revelation to the true nature of the universe.
Holy shit, if you had any knowledge of history you'd realize the massive irony in your statement.

Nearly all great advancements in philosophy have been through theologians and other religious people, and many of the greatest scientific minds in history were deeply religious. The Dark Ages is a stupid normie cuck meme, the Middle Ages contributed just as much, if not more, to knowledge and progress as the Renaissance.
>>
>>72997940
>sorely missed
>a communist jewish homosexual alcoholic
lel
>>
>>72995077
Three anti-Christians
Also
Three Jews.

Pure coincidence!
>>
>>72998559
Blessed are the trips, but im serious about it. Both ideologies are destructive to a nation
>>
>>72995077
>muh oppression of women
How cucked does one have to be to use this "argument" unironically? The oppression of women is literally the only good thing about islam.
>>
File: Pure_5f53da_5626205.jpg (21 KB, 296x314) Image search: [Google]
Pure_5f53da_5626205.jpg
21 KB, 296x314
>>72998705
>>
>>72995077
How does that make atheists btfo?
Atheists have pretty much always said that Islam is worse than Christianity.
>>
>>72998654
>Middle Ages contributed just as much, if not more, to knowledge and progress as the Renaissance.
The Middle Ages was an intellectual movement and a great period of many philosophies and works of art and marvelous things and all but similar ages occurred all over the world. China, India, the Arab world all had similar ages in which incredible leaps were made in philosophy and the arts and even in maths and proto-sciences, but what made the enlightenment special was that it was the first time in human history where we finally got it right. SCIENCE. The process by which we criticize ideas based upon their reasons and evidence and this self correcting mechanism has launched us into an age that is not comparable to any other time in history merely because of science and our growth of technology. The importance of the enlightenment is uncomparable to the middle ages what the fuck are you talking about!!!! Thanks for the EINSTEIN BELIEVEEE IN GOD meme
>>
>>72998351
those three in the picture are Marxist Zionists. Israel was set up Communist style - kibbutz. In fact to this very day, over 95% of Israel is still owned by the government
>>
File: usa_fails.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
usa_fails.jpg
301 KB, 1920x1080
>>72995077
>>
>>72998500
I'm sure he would hate hillary. The migration issue would be interesting, since he helped push the war, that destabilized the region.
>>
>>72998475
>all religions are still shit and backwards as they stagnate what could be incredible progress and revelation to the true nature of the universe.

And what proof do you have of this?
>>
>>72999104
I dont care what happens there, its if its brought here is were i have a problem.
>>
Religion isn't stagnant. It must evolve to stay relevant as humanity progresses.
>>
File: Christ_3d9272_5772202.jpg (59 KB, 680x507) Image search: [Google]
Christ_3d9272_5772202.jpg
59 KB, 680x507
>>72995077
Every Knee will bow
>>
>>72999330
It is mere speculation. I think religion stifles the imagination of many people to what could be the truth. Instead of exploring the great body of knowledge our forefathers in science have given us through time they spend energy pondering the texts, OR NOT EVEN READING THEM and just listening to some dolt in front of a stage, which are riddled with contradictions, obvious historical manipulations, and are just plainly filled with such horrible ideas that it makes me wonder how any sane person could possibly believe the creator of the universe could write so wonderfully bad. What if the population didn't give a shit about this nonsense? OHHH THEN WHATTATH ABOUT MORALSSs?s?
Religion gives people reasons to devalue the lives of people because most of you believe that you will continue on forever in happy land.
>>
>>72999402
thats why they all need to be sent to Israel. Totalitarianism is in their very blood. If Jews were to do a Bolshevik Revolution, you can bet your bottom shekel those three would clammer for positions in the Party, and execute their former adversaries

> because they could

Happened this way in Russia.
>>
>>72999843
Im totalitarian, but in a good way
>>
>>72999668
Correct, I was mistaken! Well I guess god has come down and edit some things right? Oh wait we have to pope to make amends to the bible because we think god misworded some things right? OH why are some translations of the bible a little different? I guess what we believe today as christians must be exactly the word of god. Im glad he cares about us a lot and makes sure we know what we should do, it would be a real bummer if i was tortured for eternity after I died because I ate shrimp and thought it was okay.
>>
File: 1459643588984.jpg (1 MB, 1360x880) Image search: [Google]
1459643588984.jpg
1 MB, 1360x880
>>72995077
Man, who cares about religious corruption when there are people this ugly on our planet?
>>
>>73000059
very good post
>>
>>72995077
Fuck you, Harris is based as fuck
>>
>>72996523
Don't trust the fondue.
>>
>>72999108
>openly advocating for the government to be run exclusively by the elite
>>
>>72999980
so you dont want to eat pork, you think women on their period should be locked up, and you think boys should be circumcised? Are you a Semitic Totalitarian?
>>
>>73000831
>openly advocating for the government to be run exclusively by those qualified instead of those popular
>>
>>73000943
No im more of an italian fascist or a christian monarchist
>>
>>72995077
Sam Harris shouldn't be there. He has been one of the few people who have been saying that Islam is worse than Christianity all these years.
>>
>>73000831
>openly advocating for the government to be run by people who hear voices in their head from a magical being that created the universe but doesn't want you to eat shrimp, just kidding, it's okay now, but remember the price of a slave, wait wait don't do that either, just remember the earth was created in 7-... oh wait don't worry about that one either, remember the flood
>REMEMBER THE FLOOD
>>
>>73001175
>Sam Harris shouldn't be there. He has been one of the few people who have been saying that Islam is worse than Christianity all these years.

I'm sure he let that fact known in his best selling book "Letters to a Muslim Nation".
>>
>>73001466
Don't be so butthurt. Despite the title he acknowledges that Islam is worse than Christianity.
>>
>ITT
Religious lurkers too afraid to engage in any sort of dialogue in fear that any sort of pathetic argument they put forth will be immediately shut down because they were coddled to not fear death by their families.
>It will b-be okay a-anon momma going to look at you with binoculars in the clouds
>>
>>73001601
>Don't be so butthurt. Despite the title he acknowledges that Islam is worse than Christianity.

Only recently did all these atheists change their tune.

It's not my fault they were in full anti-Christian mode until they finally realized "oh shit..."
>>
>>73001759
>Only recently did all these atheists change their tune.

I understand that. What i'm saying is that Sam Harris has been the exception.
>>
>>73001757

I'm here, faggot. It's not our fault that Atheism has dropped faster than Myspace these last few years.

Atheists shifted from "herr derr Xtians are bad!" to "herr derr now Muslims are bad and Xtians are okie dokie". That's not even counting all the rape, sexual assualt claims, and general idiotic comments by atheist leaders that have made them leppers in the community they founded.
>>
>>73001839

Christianity was ALWAYS his #1 target.
>>
>>72995077
The entire argument is that Islam is a bigger blight on the land than Christianity so atheists are wrong. Just because it took 9/11 for most of western society to realize Islam is cancer doesn't mean nobody did you useless fuck.
>>
Sam Harris is not one of those useful idiots who would defend Islam, even Bill Maher though more moderate realises that too. Hitchens while alive also spoke about the greater dangers of islam. The three of them are politically incorrect in different degrees.
Hitchens, if alive I'm pretty sure he would be ripping a new one on sjw's and the like.
Bad choice of atheists to shit on, OP, try with euphoric ones or the A+ fags next time.
>>
>>73002136

It wasn't 9/11 moron.

Dawkins didn't start his real Muslim hate until the migrants were taking over London.
>>
>>73002333
Good job missing the point. Nothing ever changes with you people.
>>
>>73002214

It's not about DEFENDING Islam. It's about who is the #1 target of their vitrol. Up until a few years ago it was Christianity (even after 9/11 they were still the main target). The continued terror attacks + migrant crisis has shifted these retards into "ok, Muslims are worse and now were worried that European Christian identity is in jeopardy".
>>
>>73001960
I disagree, in fact many polls show the same steady growth of atheism and agnosticism that has been occurring ALLLLL the way back till when your grandpappy was trying to get that MONKEY TALK about EVERLUTINO out of the classroom.

You are just spewing out shitty generalizations. Which leaders? Even if that is true does that mean that the arguments presented by these leaders are false now all of a sudden? The arguments STAND. and will forever stand until the smut that is religion vaporizes whether it takes a century or two. Well well well what other communities have lots to do with rape and religion????????? That's a human problem friend, not an atheistic one : ^ )
>>
>>73002393

And what point was that, please enlighten me.
>>
>>73002542
You're a worthless cancer that needs to go.
>>
>>73002214
MISINFORMATION
>>73002108
MISINFORMATION

NEITHER OF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO SAM HARRIS OR READ HIS WORKS STOP SPEAKING. he acknowledges constantly that islam is a worse religion and needs to be changed to mirror the liberal growth that christianity has growth through the past 500 years
>>
>>73002540

I'm not talking about a history of atheism, retard.

I'm talking about how the major atheist leaders of today were on a big "Christians = evil" kick for like 20 years, but now that Muslims are a bigger threat those same leaders are clamouring for the good ol' days of white Christian Europe that they were shitting on for years.
>>
>>73002677

Non answer = you have no answer.
>>
>>73002500
Now my question to you is this: why do you care?

Why are you so butthurt about this?

At least even fedora tippers are starting to see the problem. That should be encouraged.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>72995077
>tfw I used to like Bill Maher before I started visiting /pol
>>
>>72996065
This. The end result of progressiveism is Islamic invasion.
>>
>>73002692
>NEITHER OF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO SAM HARRIS OR READ HIS WORKS STOP SPEAKING. he acknowledges constantly that islam is a worse religion and needs to be changed to mirror the liberal growth that christianity has growth through the past 500 years

When did he make this big shift? Even in his post 9/11 book The End of Faith he mentioned Christianity more than Islam. And as I said, where is his book "Letters to a Muslim Nation", oh wait, he was busy writing about Christian America.
>>
>>72998074
>Guy on the right seems like such a bully
That's because Maher is a Jew
>>
>>73002750
>clamouring for the good ol' days of white Christian Europe
CITATION NEEDED
You aren't even making an argument. Their arguments on christianity stand to this day. It just so happens that current events include the following
>the rise of one of the largest Islamic terrorist groups
>the migration of millions of the arab population where terrorists are certainly sprinkled in
>PARIS, BELGIUM, etc etc
This needs immediate attention, it doesn't dismiss the fact that christianity must still be questioned and ridiculed for the things wrong with it. It is a lesser of two evils, id rather those arabs be christian than muslims, but id rather them read shakespeare than the bible!!!
>>
>>72995077
they are both cancer...just one is a bigger level of degeneracy
>>
>>73003089
very nice post lobsterback!!!
>>
>>73002819

I care because it's so hilarious how atheists beliefs shift like the wind.

These guys (and their moronic bleddit followers) spend every day for like 20 years bashing Christianity, but now that Muslim migrants are coming in droves all of a sudden those 20 years of living amongst Christians that they detested really wasn't all that bad.
>>
>>73003224
>shift like the wind.
THE EARTH IS FLAT THE EARTH IS FLAT
EVOLUTION IS WRONG EVOLUTION IS WRONG
THE EARTH IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UNIVERSE
THE ARK HAD ALL THE ANIMALS

THIS MEME THAT WE WANT CHRISTIANS BACK LIKE IT'S SOME FUCKING 80'S POP SONG AND WE WANT OUR LOVER BACK IS NOT A FUCKING ARGUMENT
>>
>>73003224
I see.

Well atheists are fucking retarded my friend, have always been.

But at the very least now they are seeing the results of their destruction of Christiniaty.
>>
>>73003439
very good post monkey
you've really opened my eyes to why I should utilize my time to make sure I go on living forever in the NICE place. I want to go to the NICE place when i die. I can't wait till GEORGE goes to the BAD PLACE
>>
>>73003081

"“There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings,” Dawkins said. “I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death.”
-Dawkins.

>This needs immediate attention, it doesn't dismiss the fact that christianity must still be questioned and ridiculed for the things wrong with it.

I agree with this philosophy. I'm just ripping on these leaders for doing an about face.
>>
File: 91838183109.jpg (65 KB, 788x1000) Image search: [Google]
91838183109.jpg
65 KB, 788x1000
>>73003552
You sound even more upset than the guy i was replying too.

Do try to contain your autism.
>>
>>73003421

What year do you think this is? And those are scientific beliefs, not political beliefs from 2 decades ago.

You millennial atheists are the worst.
>>
>>73002500
Meh, it's kinda reasonable to not notice the danger until is practically in your face. The same can be said about the right and how only on recent years they saw the real problem of the pc/sjw left when it was already out of hand.

Anyway, sincere question: Do you think is somewhat possible to take the best of christianity (in the case of north-america) and kinda adapt it to a more secular society? Atheism keeps growing and people eventually won't want to take the whole pill (the concept of a god, virgin giving birth without sex, resurrection, etc) even if they appreciate some of the cultural aspects of it, like when Dawkins said that although atheist he considers himself culturally anglican.

I'm too worried about the hard tendency of most athesits to lean left and favour big gov, but it's usually the same with most minorities.
>>
>>73003666
That doesn't sound like clamouring for a europe full of christians, he acknowledging that christianity has made more progress than Islam. But just because one retard got a C and the other retard got an F in the classroom of making sense doesn't mean that they aren't retards. Do you understand what I am saying???

>>73003706
Thanks, I'll get back to my numerical analysis on my extra chromosomes so I dont have to live in a shit hole country such as yours.

>>73003802
What are scientific beliefs, I'm confused about what you are saying.
>>
>>73004113
>the concept of a god, virgin giving birth without sex, resurrection, etc
Please tell me how this is possible Hector
>meme magic my friend
Oh thanks.
>>
>>73004113
>Atheism keeps growing

That's only true among white people. Minorities everywhere are still very religious.

As the latino population in America grows the fedora tipping will go away and christianity will be back.

And europeans better learn to love that muslim cock, because the muslim invasion shows no sign of stopping.
>>
>>73004546
Yes nothing like the guys at home depot I hire to maintain my patio every year changing the intellectual climate of my country. Fuck off MONKEY go devolve somewhere else
>>
>>73004158
>That doesn't sound like clamouring for a europe full of christians

I didn't say that either. What I'm saying is that for 20 years he attacked the Christianity of Europe, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, he's changing his tune.

Nowadays you don't hear these guys going after Christianity hardly at all.

>What are scientific beliefs, I'm confused about what you are saying.
Things like the earth being flat and evolution are matters of science fact. What these guys are doing is altering their political beliefs.
>>
>>73004113
>Atheism keeps growing

In some areas yes, but worldwide, no.

And I can guarantee you in 15 of Muslim horde invasions that Christianity will be on the rise again.
>>
>>72996400
>Christianity is objectively more cucked and SJW than Atheists.

I agree. Atheists and SJW need to reproduce and have sex in order to get cucked.
>>
>>73004656

You really don't understand how demographic shifts affect generations in the future.
>>
>>72995077
Bill maher is a unfunny cuck man comedian
>>
>Christianity is bad
>But Islam is worse

How are these sentiments wrong? How are atheists blown the fuck out again?
>>
>>73005158

Because they've shifted to talking about the virtues of Christianity in the face of Islam. 20 years ago you wouldn't see ANY atheist leader talking about ANY virtue of Christianity.
>>
>>73001109
well, I think there should be such states. Everyone needs somewhere to be themselves. Semites have the Middle East, be they Jew or Muslim. Its for them. Western countries are not.
>>
>>73004735
They don't have to attack Christianity as much anymore because the arguments they have laid out against it STILL STAND. You act as if this is some battleground where war must be always fought. The war has been fought, and my side clearly makes more sense. The arguments are out there, the videos, the literature are all out there and they dont have to change because what has been said is sufficient. Now we must address the NEW PROBLEM. Which is that people aren't understanding the magnitude of the consequences of letting these people in without a vetting process. It requires immediate attention which they are giving. They have criticized islam in the past, you are literally not making a sensible argument pal.

I don't understand your other point, you aren't clear at all. Of course they are altering political beliefs, but they also want to convince people of matters of fact that are proven by science that are still abound in our population. For instance, ghosts and angels and the existence of demons and gods, these are purely fantasies just like any other of the thousands of mythological creatures that people once believed in the past.

>>73004988
No, I do. And i worry about it i was merely making a joke. But seeing that you are humorless what are the educational shifts that affect future generations? How many kids believe in the validity of what scientists say today rather than those 20,40,60,80, 100 years ago? how many think science is cool, how many understand evolution. This is more important. Giving our future generations the tools to not be slaves to some ancient dogma so that they can be free of your nonsense
>>
>>73004288
>Please tell me how this is possible Hector
I don't know, I'm not a believer, I was trying to set some middle ground (positive values of religion without the meme magic)

>>73004546

I think that a good analogy was already set (>>73004158
), just because we realise that are positive aspects -specially cultural and in social cohesion- on christianity (which are different in the case of catholicism for us in southamerica) and that right now there's a much greater danger, that doesn't make christianity a holy grail that needs to be kissed in the ass without any sort of criticism.
>>
>>73005309
Who exactly is talking about the virtues of christianity?
"Well at least they don't bomb people" is hardly a virtue worth bragging about.
>>
>>73005478
>just because we realise that are positive aspects -specially cultural and in social cohesion- on christianity (which are different in the case of catholicism for us in southamerica) and that right now there's a much greater danger, that doesn't make christianity a holy grail that needs to be kissed in the ass without any sort of criticism.

When did anyone say otherwise? It's just hilarious how these leaders are talking about how Christianity is now so important in the battle against Islam.
>>
File: allahu_cuckbar.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
allahu_cuckbar.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>72995077
>he posts three of the most vocal anti-islam atheists since before the New Atheist movement began
>>
>>73005478
Well we are getting positive things from religion without the meme magic. But many of these things just seem inherent in humanity, that they can be derived without the meme magic. For instance the golden rule. Of course the golden rule is said in the bible but it is also said in a plethora of other places. This is a good thing of christianity but we dont need christianity to understand it. We can create a moral landscape that is sufficient and much better without the help of angels and sprites.
>Do onto to others as you would have them do unto you
>>
>>73004656
>Yes nothing like the guys at home depot I hire to maintain my patio every year changing the intellectual climate of my country

More respect with your future son in law, Burger. He will be the only viable option for your heterosexual daughter.
>>
>>73005467
> How many kids believe in the validity of what scientists say today rather than those 20,40,60,80, 100 years ago? how many think science is cool, how many understand evolution.

You are assuming that in order for you to be religious you have to reject science. That's not true at all.

>Giving our future generations the tools to not be slaves to some ancient dogma so that they can be free of your nonsense

Now this kind of arrogance is always nice to see.

Reminder that you atheists are not reproducing enough and will become a even smaller minority in the future.
>>
>>72998222
There is literally nothing wrong with nihilism.
>>
Also...
>Worshipping the kike in the cross
baka pol, smdh.
>>
>>73005467
>They don't have to attack Christianity as much anymore because the arguments they have laid out against it STILL STAND.

Uhhhh, those arguments were established hundreds of years ago and that didn't stop them from repeating said arguments right up until the migrant crisis started. You really can't be that naive?

>You act as if this is some battleground where war must be always fought.
No I don't.

>The war has been fought, and my side clearly makes more sense. The arguments are out there, the videos, the literature are all out there and they dont have to change because what has been said is sufficient.
You're fedora bullshit has proved nothing. All it did was produce a bunch of crazy leaders who change their tune like the wind and rape girls at atheist Star Trek conventions.

>Now we must address the NEW PROBLEM.
And they're addressing that problem by talking about how Christians weren't so bad all along. Sad shit.

> Which is that people aren't understanding the magnitude of the consequences of letting these people in without a vetting process.
So to a vetting process will save Europe? Holy fucking shit.

>They have criticized islam in the past, you are literally not making a sensible argument pal.
You must be an under 18 millennial. These guys were ripping on Christianity for decades with only a drop of Islam criticism. But now that Islam is the new baddie, Christianity isn't all that bad after all according to them.

>I don't understand your other point, you aren't clear at all.
What don't you understand? For years Christianity was #1 enemy. But now Islam is number #1 enemy. THIS IS FINE. But these leaders are saying things like "Christianity may actually be our best defence against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world," (Dawkins).
>>
>>73006066
I'm not assuming that at all. I am saying that acknowledging the truths we have about science creates holes in the mythology. These holes can grow for some people and expose the true reality to them instead of pretending things that don't really exist exist.

Atheism grows stronger and stronger in the secular world where the exchange of ideas is not punished by theocrats friend. Maybe in baboon town it's growing because your all about spreading HIV and getting botox in your asses
>>
File: 1462158010513.jpg (700 KB, 1920x936) Image search: [Google]
1462158010513.jpg
700 KB, 1920x936
>>73005309
>>73005544

Those guys are now more malicious than ever. First, they said Christians were evil and poisonous. After a few Islamic terrorists, they now promote Christianity as a useful tool of mass control "L-look, I respect the achievements of christian culture! Atheism is just for a few enlightened minds like me! Not for plebs!".
>>
>>73005744

No they weren't, stupid.

I watched "Politically Incorrect" with Bill Maher for years and he rarely mentioned Islam (but almost always mentioned Christianity).

And Harris wrote a book called "Letters to a Christian Nation".

You millennial atheists are the fucking worst. If it didn't happen 5 years ago you have no idea about it.
>>
>>73005544

"Christianity may actually be our best defence against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world," - Dawkins
>>
>>73005467
>No, I do. And i worry about it i was merely making a joke. But seeing that you are humorless what are the educational shifts that affect future generations? How many kids believe in the validity of what scientists say today rather than those 20,40,60,80, 100 years ago? how many think science is cool, how many understand evolution. This is more important. Giving our future generations the tools to not be slaves to some ancient dogma so that they can be free of your nonsense

Your joke was a typical /pol/tard statement, so I suggest you read the room and phrase your statements.
>>
>>73006533
>Those guys are now more malicious than ever.

They are not malicious, they are just getting desperate and backpedalling.

Specially now that they are seeing that their atheist utopia is falling apart.
>>
>>73006352
You really are outstandingly stupid.
Here are the arguments you made:
>So to a vetting process will save Europe?
No, but it is a better choice than letting the floodgates open.
> But now that Islam is the new baddie, Christianity isn't all that bad after all according to them.
This is merely the case of the lesser of two evils. We prefer the retards such as yourself to follow christianity instead of islam as christianity developed differently than islam and is more liberal and progressive.
>>
>>73004113

The Gospel according to Thomas Jefferson, 3rd American president, is a collage of the passages of the gospels that are compatible with an agnistic/atheistic mind. This is the most advanced attempt by Americans to devise a post-Christian teaching that keeps its moral tenets while removing God and anything supernatural.
>>
>>73006534
N O A R G U M E N T F O U N D
>>73006782
Fuck off retard. What are you saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Popes1-620x402.jpg (54 KB, 620x402) Image search: [Google]
Popes1-620x402.jpg
54 KB, 620x402
>>72995077
for the past 1000 years:
>Islam is BAD! It must be removed!

today:
>Christianity is BAD! Christians aren't poor and opressed!

Where were you when chrisians were completly btfo and would let muslims invade Europe instead of taking back the Holy Land?
>>
>>73007008
>No, but it is a better choice than letting the floodgates open.

Wow moron, have you ever considered CLOSING the floodgates and NOT letting anyone in (even using money to help build homes in Syria, etc).

>This is merely the case of the lesser of two evils. We prefer the retards such as yourself to follow christianity instead of islam as christianity developed differently than islam and is more liberal and progressive.
No it isn't, stupid. If atheists moved onto Islam hate from Christian hate, that would be fine. But you have atheists like Dawkins saying things like this:

"Christianity may actually be our best defence against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world,"
>>
>>73007241

Uh, I presented a perfect argument.

Go back to bleddit, millennial scum. It has all the upvoting you need.
>>
>>72996400
>Chrisitianity is more cucked than atheists
>Christians fought againsts tmuslim invaders since the creation of islam

Cucktheists need to be cleansed, you're worst than muslims because you're a western ilness and you destroy the West from the interior.
>>
From what I can gather, it seems to be that salty christians are mad because we are now trying to use them as a tool against islam. Well, you have a greater population and most of you are already agaiinst islam, strategy my friends.

You can bitch about it or we can (temporarily?) unite because your asses are at stake too.
>>
>>73007385
>"Christianity may actually be our best defence against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world,"
they're useful idiots.
>>
>>73007615

But according to Dawkins they were just idiots until the hordes showed up. See the difference?
>>
>>72995077
No, bill maher still bashes Christians on a weekly basis, and never misses an opportunity to do so. At least you can find happiness in image macros on the internet you take as fact
>>
>>72998475
Pretty much this.

>LOL atheists aren't behaving according to the strawman that I made up for them! That means THEY'RE flip flopping on an issue.

The idea that atheists only went after christians is a meme that was made up by christians.

Christfags are still fucking assblasted from things these guys said 10 years ago.

The butthurt will never go away because christfags know deep down that these guys were right.
>>
>>73007565

I just find it hilarious that fedora tipping retards like them didn't have the foresight to know that this would happen.
>>
>>73006455
Truth is not a slave of a method (created by the Catholic Church, by the way), there is no such thing as "holes in the mythology" because the Bible is not supposed not be interpreted as a "couple of stories" (I know that being born in a protestant country makes you think in this stupid way). And you're also an idiot for not honestly admit that people who follow your demonic egoistic cult are demographically infertile and can't grow civilization under their own shoulders - making your philosophy more inferior than Islam in the long therm.
>>
>>72998679
I kind of like Communism, Judaism, Homosexuality and Alcoholism. If he could have just stop this Atheism non-sense and learn to love Kissinger and Mother Theresa.
>>
>>73007884
>The idea that atheists only went after christians is a meme that was made up by christians.

I never said that. I said that to them Christianity was enemy #1 (with Islam being #2, and Judaism NEVER being an enemy).

>Christfags are still fucking assblasted from things these guys said 10 years ago.
No is assblasted by what they said. It's the same fedora bullshit that's been preached for years. It's just hilarious that they're doing a 180 now that Islam is worse.

>The butthurt will never go away because christfags know deep down that these guys were right.
Fedora tippers are never right.
>>
>>73007385
I did not say that I believe in letting these people in? I was just making a point that a vetting process is preferable to just letting them in. I personally think they should be opened to those who are deserving by whatever process is appropriate. Not by the hundreds of thousands.

What Dawkins meant I think is that many people in this world will never realize the truth. They will sit through school and not develop a love of reading or math and they will not realize the truth, that being that all the gods that have ever existed were created by man. So what do we want these people to follow. Islam or Christianity? We choose christianity, we want the masses who are unimportant to the real conversations to not be as extreme in their repressive views as muslims. Also just note, just because dawkins says something doesnt mean what he says represents the entirety of the atheistic movement. I disagree with things he says, thats what great about being an adult who doesn't believe in dogma

>>73007907
WEW MY LESSER EVOLVED PRIMATE

>>73007493
I hate reddit! What is this meme?
>>
>>73006923
The biggest enemies of the Catholic Church are not the ones who think we are evil, but the ones who think we can be useful to mundane interests (look at Teologia da Libertação, for example).
>>
>>73008180
When a group causes more problems than a group that used to cause the most problems, they become the new biggest problem. It's pretty simple
>>
>>72995077
>Implying both should be removed
>>
>>73008221
And don't say science is dogmatic because it constantly changes itself to better approximate the truth. The only truth that is dogmatic is that better reasoning leads to better results and better understanding! With that we will hopefully reach the stars one day unless some religious idiots detonate a nuclear bomb.
>true story
>>
>>73008221

> I was just making a point that a vetting process is preferable to just letting them in
How are you going to vet them, idiot? Do you thing Syria is just going to hand over arrest records (or how good are their records in general)? I would say that most of the migrants are good people, but the culture clash + free shit + hatred of western society is a recipe for trouble.

>What Dawkins meant I think
You don't need mental gymnastics to see what he's saying.
What he's saying is that Christianity is the lesser of 2 evils. He spent his whole career ripping on them, but now he's coming out in the press saying they weren't that bad after all. Fucking hilarious. This is like a KKK member saying blacks and jews are ok because muslims are worse.

>I hate reddit! What is this meme?
Welcome to the internet, jr.
>>
>>73008180
Who ever said all atheists even care about organized religions? I don't care about Islam or Christians.
>>
>>73008180
>I never said that. I said that to them Christianity was enemy #1 (with Islam being #2, and Judaism NEVER being an enemy).

Find me a quote of anyone suggesting anything like this ever.

It's just not true.

When we're talking about teaching evolution in schools, Christianity is the most relevant threat.
That doesn't mean christianity is WORSE than islam.
>>
File: fall-of-the-american-male.png (380 KB, 561x504) Image search: [Google]
fall-of-the-american-male.png
380 KB, 561x504
>>73008221
>WEW MY LESSER EVOLVED PRIMATE

Oh, wow, he called me a monkey. I'm so offended right now.
>>
>>73008437

That's fine. But it's fucking stupid when the guys who ripped on the group for causing lots of problems is now practically praising them now that a bigger problem group is in town.
>>
Christian Fundamentalism is still pretty fucking retarded and its embrasassing that you still have hacks like Cruz who pander to them
>>
>>72996177
Sam Harris shits on religious moderates.
>>
>>73008799
>Who ever said all atheists even care about organized religions? I don't care about Islam or Christians.

You're 1 in a million.
>>
>3 prominent atheists criticise Islam over Christianity
>therefore god exists!

kek, stupid christfags
>>
>>72995077
How come they never say anything bad about judaism?
>>
>>73007903
I really don't remember christian leaders seeing the problem too.

>>73007907
The catholic church has been constantly changing, and if by method you mean an elite cherrypicking what's to be metaphore and what's actual "truth"I'm not surprised that you now have a leftist cuck pope (tfw at least Bennedictus wasn't a closeted liberation theologist).

I'll admit the problem about infertility atheists, but that has to do with another problem: most of them are liberal, infertility is a liberal/millenial problem, and since most people are liberal now it's fair to think that there's some overlapping with believers too.
>>
File: all jews.jpg (669 KB, 1040x2640) Image search: [Google]
all jews.jpg
669 KB, 1040x2640
>>72995077
I Wonder....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
http://www.shj.org/
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
http://thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
https://secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/
>>
>>73009110
>I really don't remember christian leaders seeing the problem too.
Then how come the most christian countries in EU don't have these problems?
>>
>>73008856
>Find me a quote of anyone suggesting anything like this ever.

For YEARS Maher and Dawkins ripped on Christianity. But now you have Dawkins saying things like this:
"Christianity may actually be our best defence against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world,"

Do you honestly think he would have said this in 1998?

>When we're talking about teaching evolution in schools, Christianity is the most relevant threat.

How many schools in America and Europe don't teach evolution in public schools? You're living in an atheist paranoia bubble where it's 1935.
>>
>>73009110
>I really don't remember christian leaders seeing the problem too.

Yeah, because Christian and Jewish leaders were ripping on each other and praising this 'kum ba ya lets let everyone in" shit.
>>
>>73008739
You clearly aren't as intimidating as me when I call you stupid, because you are actually stupid whereas I am actually pretty smart and realizing it ever increasingly so as these conversations go on.

>What he's saying is that Christianity is the lesser of 2 evils
THAT'S WHAT I SAID! Hey, now you're learning something!
(I was making le counter-troll troll joke friend, looks like someone needs a fine tuning to their meme sensors)
>>73008859
I look like the iconic american man actually haha. the one on the right. My family has been here since the second ship after the mayflower.
>>
>>73009027

When did I say that?
>>
>>72995077
Both are bad. Muslims are worse.
>>
>>72995077
Christianity has been defeated. The only time I have to put up with them is when people tell me I have to give all my money to my mom because she gave birth me even if it means I can't do anything I need for myself
>>
>>73009608
>You clearly aren't as intimidating as me when I call you stupid, because you are actually stupid whereas I am actually pretty smart and realizing it ever increasingly so as these conversations go on.

You're so smart that you abandoned every argument.

>THAT'S WHAT I SAID!
When did you say that, lol? All I read was you acting like some 14 year old philosopher wannabe. You didn't even know what the bleddit meme was. You might be 11 or 12 years old. Yikes.

>(I was making le counter-troll troll joke friend, looks like someone needs a fine tuning to their meme sensors)
Did you really just type this fucking sentence unironically? HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD!
>>
>>73009936
>Christianity has been defeated.

That's why it's on the rise worldwide. And it will be on the rise again in Europe once the muslims have done their real damage.
>>
>>73009644
In what way have atheists been BTFO then?
>>
>>73009864
This. The Abrahamic desert faiths can fuck right off.
>>
>>73010258

They were ripping on Christianity for years, but now all of a sudden Christianity isn't that bad because Muslims are worse.

"Christianity may actually be our best defence against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world," - Dawkins
>>
>>73009278
>Do you honestly think he would have said this in 1998?
If somebody brought that up to dawkins in 1998, I imagine that he would have said:
>"That may be true but it doesn't mean that god exists".
Dawkins had only a few points to make:
1. "God exists is a scientific claim"
2. "There's no evidence for god"
3. "Evolution is true, and it's important to educate kids on it."

Any points that don't contradict these 3 ideas, he didn't give a shit about. He's autistic that way.

Maher is a moron. I have no idea what he would have said, but I'm sure it would have been an attempt to troll right wingers. Even hitchens told maher to his face that he was a moron.

>How many schools in America and Europe don't teach evolution in public schools? You're living in an atheist paranoia bubble where it's 1935.
The only thing that gave the atheist movement fuel in america was the burgeoning controversy over evolution vs ID. There were political battles over it in the south. That's why the new atheists were fighting christians, and that's why they were getting popularity over it.
>>
>>73009264
Would you say the same about Estonia?

Also "(...) most christian countries..." not all, so being a christian country is not an absolute guarantee to avoid these problems, maybe there're other factors to consider.
>>
File: Stalin.jpg (25 KB, 506x684) Image search: [Google]
Stalin.jpg
25 KB, 506x684
>>73009110
>The catholic church has been constantly changing, and if by method you mean an elite cherrypicking what's to be metaphore and what's actual "truth"I'm not surprised that you now have a leftist cuck pope (tfw at least Bennedictus wasn't a closeted liberation theologist).

You're illiterate, read again my post. I'm talking about the scientific method developed by the church. There is no such thing as "official theological methods to analyse the Bible (that is just a holy book, not a big deal in face of christian reality)" because that would be philistinism.

>I'll admit the problem about infertility atheists, but that has to do with another problem: most of them are liberal, infertility is a liberal/millenial problem, and since most people are liberal now it's fair to think that there's some overlapping with believers too.

And why atheists tend so hard on liberalism? Maybe because, in the end of the day, there is something inherently poisonous in the essence of it? Or "the right kind of atheist" is just about to come?
>>
>>73010393
.They were ripping on Christianity for years, but now all of a sudden Christianity isn't that bad because Muslims are worse.

I don't see the problem with that. They're targeting the most immediate and largest threat
>>
>>73010038
my post
>>73003081

Now you are just back peddling, I've kind of given up because I have to study now as this was just a fun distraction. I do know reddit meme friend, I've heard it *tip* many times.

>Did you really just type this fucking sentence unironically? HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD!
It was irony.
I feel sorry for you honestly. I have a pretty good life and I know you are trying to convince yourself I am some loser because I obviously made better posts than you. I am a philosopher wannabe, I read a lot of books about philosophy but that's better than not reading at all huh? Time for you to think critically and tune your meme sensors son.
I am an adult and taught a debate class once where I had a bunch of little niggers running around. Believe it or not I made some of those niggers better arguers and debaters than you are now. You aren't very clear and you obviously have some self confidence issues. Goodnight anon
>>
>>73010393
Son A has been getting C's in school for a while, "What a retard! study more".
Son B now starts to get F's "You are really the most retarded! hey A, come and help him"
>>
>>73010964
Look another poster who learned from me!
my post:
>>73004158

Now who learned from you yIBffQ+4 ?
>>
>>73010487
>If somebody brought that up to dawkins in 1998, I imagine that he would have said:

You don't understand what I'm saying. Dawkins is making a statement in which he talks of a need for Christianity. In 1998 (before the muslim problem) he would never have made such a statement. It's funny how the political climate changes his beliefs.

>The only thing that gave the atheist movement fuel in america was the burgeoning controversy over evolution vs ID. There were political battles over it in the south. That's why the new atheists were fighting christians, and that's why they were getting popularity over it.

So the old atheists have a purpose (evolution) but the new atheists are just fighting christians for the sake of fighting christians. (oh but now muslims are the main enemy and christians are a-ok).

Fucking sad man.
>>
>>73011117
I meant you f2URQkRI, the other one is me i guess:)
>>
>>73007527
What're you gonna do frenchy, hit him with your baguette?
>>
Sam Harris is a neocon hack who has already said he's voting for Hillary over Bernie.
Same with Maher. Watch as he laughs off Bill Clinton's rapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_IswAMNSk
>>
>>73010795

That post still doesn't answer the Dawkins quote. I think you're getting lost in the argument.

>Now you are just back peddling, I've kind of given up because I have to study now as this was just a fun distraction. I do know reddit meme friend, I've heard it *tip* many times.

You're the one abandoning EVERY argument (you bolted on the migrant vetting thing pretty fucking quickly). You're like a child.

>It was irony.
I feel sorry for you honestly. I have a pretty good life
Did you really just type this? Jesus CHRIST!

> I obviously made better posts than you. I am a philosopher wannabe, I read a lot of books about philosophy but that's better than not reading at all huh? Time for you to think critically and tune your meme sensors son.
I can't believe what I'm reading here. AALewis is that you?
>>
>>73009936
>Christianity has been defeated.

China is set to become the largest christian country in the world.

Also like i said, America will also become christian again with latinos becoming a majority.

This delusion that religion is dying isn't supported by anything other than atheist wishful thinking.
>>
>>73011131
>You don't understand what I'm saying. Dawkins is making a statement in which he talks of a need for Christianity. In 1998 (before the muslim problem) he would never have made such a statement. It's funny how the political climate changes his beliefs.

He's perhaps affirming it now, but it doesn't mean he would have denied it in 1998. He would have been agnostic about it.

He was perfectly open to the idea that it might be true that societies need a religion.

>So the old atheists have a purpose (evolution) but the new atheists are just fighting christians for the sake of fighting christians. (oh but now muslims are the main enemy and christians are a-ok).

Why is this sad? Christians fight atheists for the sake of fighting atheists.

This is because people like to convince others to take on their worldview. It's a meme war.

On the other hand, the existence of an existential threat to both christians and atheists is obviously a good reason for them to ally to each other.

None of this seems sad or strange to me. Seems perfectly normal.
>>
>>73010531
These other factors are allowing people like you into government, non of them are religious and ruin everything for everybody.
>>
>>73010964

More like:

Son A been getting C's in school: "What a retard! study more".
Son B now starts getting F's because the father took away his books, pen, paper, and calculator: "You really are the most retarded, it's a good thing we have son A here. If you keep failing you will bring Son A down with you. After all these years of insulting son A I realize he's great."
>>
>>73011527
A negrito huehue confusing christianism with Ay Santa Teresita help me getting rich catholicism.

Also, didn't you guys invented Pare de Sufrir?
>>
>>73011698
>He's perhaps affirming it now, but it doesn't mean he would have denied it in 1998. He would have been agnostic about it.

I refuse to believe that. In 1998 Christianity was enemy #1.

>Why is this sad?
Because it's a waste of time.

>Christians fight atheists for the sake of fighting atheists.
They're just as sad.
>>
>>73012128
>A negrito huehue confusing christianism with Ay Santa Teresita help me getting rich catholicism.

What the fuck are you talking about my white friend?
>>
File: 1455428615006.png (239 KB, 1184x788) Image search: [Google]
1455428615006.png
239 KB, 1184x788
Imagine being Richard Dawkins at 74 and thinking this shit.
>>
>>73012348
I bet regrets shitting all over christianity now tha Britain is getting cucked.

Hopefully he will convert before he dies.
>>
>>73012627

A lot of atheists ask for their last sacrament on their deathbed even when they've been atheists their whole lives
>>
File: degenerate.png (99 KB, 258x330) Image search: [Google]
degenerate.png
99 KB, 258x330
>>72998679
>>73007981
>>
>>73011901
Not that bad in comparison ≠ wow it's great.
And at the end of the day, A is still a C's retarded student.

>>73011896
You still havn't answered why Estonia doesn't have that problem (btw if I were in charge I'd hardly receive any refugees and I'd have zero tolerance to sharia law)

>>73012274

Do you really think that the latinos flooding Usa are sincere devout full practicing catholics that know their religion very well? Also, what about the clash between catholics latinos and native anglo- protestants?
>>
>>73012221
It's not 1998... But I don't think his view is changed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brgaMfTGJ0Y

This is his essential view as an evolutionary biologist treating humans as a species of apes. .
>>
>>73012860
I genuinely believed I was dying recently. I passed out but somehow retained a base level of consciousness.

I am an atheist and all I thought was, "okay cool so this is dying". Then I was just real chill.
Then I woke up and my body hurt a lot lol
>>
>>73013474
>And at the end of the day, A is still a C's retarded student.

At the end of the day the grand master of atheism Richard Dawkins is hoping that Christianity will save Europe from the muslim hordes.

Real world results are better than any hypothetical bullshit.
>>
>>73013537

That's not what I'm talking about.

He SINGLED OUT Christianity is being enemy #1 for years, but now that Islam is enemy #1, all of sudden Christianity to him isn't that bad.

If muslims started migrating to America on droves, don't you think it would be stupid for the KKK to say "eh, blacks weren't so bad after all, I guess."
>>
>>73001466
his latest book is about islam. it's not as critical as it should be but he is redpilled as fuck in debates. btw, in a letter to a christian nation, he writes that jews brought the holocaust upon themselves to a certain degree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60
ben affleck BTFO
>>
>>73013955
>his latest book is about islam

Yeah NOW it is.
>>
>>73013636
>Thinks Dawkins is the atheist "pope", and every atheist follows his thinking.
>A C student is better than an F student, and the first would serve as help for the latter.
>>
>>73013474
Russians, they already have problems with immigrants from east so most of them don't want ANY immigrants, also there been some news about Estonian politicians crying about not taking refugees so they already agreed to take few thousands of them so yeah they don't have that problem yet but it's coming to them.
>>
File: 1454439806278.jpg (59 KB, 513x510) Image search: [Google]
1454439806278.jpg
59 KB, 513x510
>>73013955
>btw, in a letter to a christian nation, he writes that jews brought the holocaust upon themselves to a certain degree.
NOW I'm interested. Elaborate.
>>
>>73013860
I linked that to show that he was open to the possibility that christianity and religion could have some positive aspects on society.

It shows that his primary concern is what's true. When he criticizes christianity, he is doing so because he thinks it isn't TRUE.

Your conflating his criticism about the factuality of christianity with a criticism about the practical societal benefits of christianity. He doesn't really make any strong arguments about the latter.
>>
>>73014141
>>Thinks Dawkins is the atheist "pope", and every atheist follows his thinking

I didn't say that. But he is one of the top guys based on appearances/book sales/twitter followers.

>A C student is better than an F student, and the first would serve as help for the latter.
Using this incredibly simplistic hypothetical argument while real world facts are in front of you.

Jesus bro, what kind of sheep are you fucking in Ecuador?
>>
>>73014424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5KF2_zgIzQ
"Jews became objects of suspicion because of their refusal to assimilate and professed superiority of their religious culture"
>>
>>72998074
>95% of rulers in the western hemisphere are christian
Not even close even if you do include Christians in name only.
>>
>>72998074
Maher is a fucking kike with a god complex, which is why he comes off as a piece of shit.
>>
>>73014512

We're on different pages. I'm not getting into whether he things society needs religion.

I'm saying that he rips on Christianity, but now he's saying it's not that bad at all (because of Islam).
>>
>>73014772
>I'm saying that he rips on Christianity, but now he's saying it's not that bad at all (because of Islam).

He never said it was "bad".
He said it wasn't true.
>>
>>73014849

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully "

Yeah, that's not a bad opinion.
>>
>>72995077
You should rename that picture to "jews"
>>
File: 1458687482420.jpg (207 KB, 692x960) Image search: [Google]
1458687482420.jpg
207 KB, 692x960
>>73015159
You are such a little fag.
>>
File: merchant1.jpg (41 KB, 427x469) Image search: [Google]
merchant1.jpg
41 KB, 427x469
>>73006352
All of them talked about Islam for years before the migrant crisis started. Hitchens DIED before the migrant crisis started.
The influence of Christianity is still a problem for people that hold secular values but Christianity's hold on politics has waned in the last decade.

Islam gets special attention from these people because it's still defended by white, secular, atheist, liberals that think they're sticking up for the little guy when they're actually supporting a political system that they would normally try to have banned.
>>
>>73014417
So is possible at least for a while to be a not very religious country and don't have the problems other had.

>>73014555
>I didn't say that. But he is one of the top guys based on appearances/book sales/twitter followers.
And now he's attacked even more by liberal muslim cock-suckers atheists. There's a split between which is not even entirely political is more about the islamic question and freedom of speech, maybe we're the minority within the minnority but it's been going on for a while now.

>Using this incredibly simplistic hypothetical argument while real world facts are in front of you. Jesus bro, what kind of sheep are you fucking in Ecuador?

Ofcourse, it's simplistic, I'm showing you how you can still interpret it to fit the real problem. Also, not sheep fuckers here, but the goat fuckers sure are having a blast in Usa, burguer.
>>
>>73015355

Did you convince your mom to let you stay up a little longer on a school night?

Care to go back to any part of the argument? How about your belief that vetting the muslims will solve the migrant crisis in Europe?
>>
>>73015159
He's not wrong about that. It doesn't change how christianity affects society.
>>
>>73015390
>All of them talked about Islam for years before the migrant crisis started.

Barely. Hitchens is somewhat the exception, but to all of them Christianity was #1 on their radar. Nowadays Islam is #1 though.
>>
>>73015572

Now you're shifting the argument again. Jesus bro.

But according to Dawkins Islam is NOW worse than Christianity. He thinks Christianity has to save Europe.
>>
>>73015159
I love atheists who never read the Bible. God never says anything about gays. Why are atheists all so ignorant?
>>
>>72995077
They wanted to be hip, tree hugging rebels, so they rebelled against the church like good goyim, but when y'know, a real threat came along, they're like "Oh shit, we have a problem". Took them long enough, to be honest.
>>
>>73014658
Pretty impressive. I gained a bit of respect for Harris and it seems he indeed is actually interested in the truth and not to confirm his own beliefe system.

The counter argument against him was, obviously, no argument and just muh six gorillion.
>>
>>73015780
>Now you're shifting the argument again. Jesus bro.
>But according to Dawkins Islam is NOW worse than Christianity. He thinks Christianity has to save Europe.

Saying god is a nasty character isn't the same as saying christianity is bad. The latter is the claim you need to evidence. Your quote evidences the former.

I'm not shifting the argument.
>>
>>73016258

He was talking about the God of the OLD TESTAMENT.

>I'm not shifting the argument.
You went from "Dawkins didn't say it was bad"
I post "bad" quote
You: "He's not wrong about that."
>>
>>73016465
The GOD of the old testament IS a nasty character. It's objectively true.

That doesn't mean christianity is bad.
>>
>>73015507
>So is possible at least for a while to be a not very religious country and don't have the problems other had.
You can say the same about Islamic countries, Syria was stable and growing country for decades and look what happened. For a while don't mean anything, how many Islamic countries was great "for a while", how many exist now for more than 1000year or at least 400 and the same can be said about atheists or do you really believe in thousands of years people didn't try to build country without god? USSR is one recent example which comes to mind.
>>
>>73016588
>That doesn't mean christianity is bad.

You're a complete retard. I should have stopped talking to you when you tried to rationalize atheists attacking Christianity for no reason.
>>
>>73016258
>Saying god is a nasty character isn't the same as saying christianity is bad.

Christianity, which was my religion, was entirely about God. Christianity was just the form. Shitting on God was much worse for me as a Christian than critisizing some form of dogma. Critisizing an certain image of God is perfectly acceptable. The problem I've always had withh Dawkins, Hitchens and the other atheists is: they basically feel to intelligent and above theology. Incredibly arrogant. But from a Christian perspective atheism is actually a part of theology. And I don't think they've said anything fresh that Hume, Schopenhauer, Epicurus or Nietzsche haven't said. But they sold themselves as prophets, and still do, enjoying a massive community and much shekels. That's not a candid form to critizise. And now pandering CChristianity when you realize you've fucked up and created as vacuum which Islam fills, which we've actually said ten fucking years ago but Dawkins was too full of himself to realize it, it is just opportunism. As a Christian you should forgive him of course.
>>
>>73016809
Sorry that you can't into logic. Lots of great works have nasty characters.
>>
>>73016955

So according to you God is the Voldemort of the Bible?

Christ man, how fucking old are you?
>>
>>73016764
There's a lot of geopolitical shit going in the middle east desu.
Commies failed because of communism, just like socialism is failing in catholic southamerica.

I'll accept that atheism on its own is not a guarantee for a great society, BUT at the same time lack of religious belief is not a guarantee of a doomed society. I'll keep my eyes on Estonia to see what happens in the following years.
>>
>>73016914
All of dawkins' arguments against christianity equally work against islam. You could, perhaps, give him some blame for the rise in communist sentiments... but not Islam in particular.

Islam is growing among the left because of feminism and safe space culture, these things are completely against what dawkins was arguing for.
>>
>>73017373
>So according to you God is the Voldemort of the Bible?
>Christ man, how fucking old are you?

No, I'm just saying you haven't evidenced the claim.
>>
>>73017856

>gives quote of Dawkins destroying Christian God (the central figure of any Christian's life)

"herr derr that doesn't prove that he thinks Christianity is bad!"

Only with millennials, folks.
>>
>>73018176
>>gives quote of Dawkins destroying Christian God (the central figure of any Christian's life)

Even christians recognize the old testament god as a nasty guy. They by and large reject the old testament morality.

Just because you speak in a sarcastic tone doesn't stop your point from being retarded.
>>
>>73018445

They wouldn't describe him the way Dawkins does.
>>
>>73017734
I lost my faith specifically in the time where Dawkins had his peak in fame and influence. He actually held me longer in Christianity than I actually wanted, because the disgraceful and tasteless form in which he and Hitchens attacked it, made me defensive and hold onto it even more. I became free of Christianity despite Dawkins and "the four horsemen". Which is also what I dislike about them: they don't really help the cause of critical thinking; the most indoctrinated, radical and single minded drones I met were anti-theistic scientists with a scientism fetish, mostly below thirty though.

But back to the time: in all the media coverage the only object of criticism was Christianity, never Islam. In theory his arguments could be applied to both - I don't know, because I don't know all of them - but the most influential aspect of Dawkins was that he became a media campagne and a social movement. Both created an atheistic atmosphere, fueled it, thrived on it. Sometimes Islam can fill that.

But actually I don't believe that argument either, that Christianity is a wall against Islam. It attracts completely different characters. And I who finally and irreversibly lost his Christian faith, would never in my life become a muslim. Or even a fighter for IS. And not to forget thhis pope who shills for mass immigration of muslims AND the fact that it is actually the churchhes who endorse the muslims to fighht for their rights, so they themselves can keep their privileges in a secular society. At least that's what Hamed Abdel Samad said.
>>
>>73018684
So? That doesn't mean he's wrong. And it's completely irrelevant to whether christianity is bad.
>>
File: sam harris.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sam harris.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>73015630
Bill has called himself a 9/11 liberal. Hitchens said 9//11 changed his views. I didn't know of Sam Harris in 2001 but I've heard him talking about Islam for a long time before the migrant crisis.

Islam was not much of a problem outside of Muslim countries. These days any country with more than 3% Muslims has a fucking problem.
>>
>>73018784
>Which is also what I dislike about them: they don't really help the cause of critical thinking; the most indoctrinated, radical and single minded drones I met were anti-theistic scientists with a scientism fetish, mostly below thirty though.

Shit, I have to give you that, those are specially present on internet forums, I always say that I'm grateful of not coming across any group or forums when I became an atheist, otherwise I'd have became angry at atheism.
>>
>>73007884
I'm an atheist,
but you have to admit that they go after Christianity more frequently and are harsher.
>>
Well christianity can be used as a barrier against islam
>>
>>73019792
If you are a critical thinking Christian on the verge of leaving your faith and the church, nothing is as much shedding a bad light on atheism, as the radical, hateful and antagonistic attacks of anti-theists with vocal rabies.

I also think about this when I see people shitting on muslims. They need to balance the line and critizise the ideology, but not the people. Or they will keep them in Islam. If thhey critizise them: do it with respect.
>>
>>72998222
It literally is, and is what is cucking the west.
>>
>>73020699
Considering the Jews have been doing heavily, yeah. And because Christians have been the only bulwarks against Islam, it's getting rather tiring when the rest of the world either wants us to renounce everything or die.
>>
>>72996400
If whites and the West were devoutly Christian then birth rates wouldn't be at such a low level, Mormons in the US have higher birth rate than whites anywhere else in the world

Low birth rates are being used as a reason for high immigration - see Germany and merkel
>>
>>73018810

Once again you're moving the goal posts. I didn't say he was wrong, but it is relevant. (and when he used broad statements in the 90's about disliking religion, what religion do you think he was talking about?, be honest).
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.