[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The birth rate is still decreasing seven years after the GFC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: 20160430_IRC052.png (73 KB, 580x598) Image search: [Google]
20160430_IRC052.png
73 KB, 580x598
"As the financial crisis hit, birth rates fell in rich countries, as expected. But a persistent baby bust is a real puzzle

HE IS not exactly leading by example, but Pope Francis wants more babies. “The great challenge of Europe is to return to being mother Europe,” he said last year, while suggesting that young people might be having too few children because they preferred holidays. Europe certainly lacks young souls, particularly in Catholic countries such as Italy and Spain. But the baby shortage is broader: mother America and mother Australia have gone missing, too.

Fertility rates have fallen in countries with woeful economies, such as Greece and Italy. But they have also fallen in countries that sailed through the financial crisis, such as Australia and Norway. Although the American baby bust was expected, the lack of recovery after seven years seems odd. “I was fairly confident that women were just delaying births, and that we would see a rebound,” says Mr Johnson. “I’m beginning to wonder now.” In Britain the drop came late: the fertility rate fell from 1.92 to 1.81 between 2012 and 2014. Then there is France, where couples looked at the economic slump and shrugged. The fertility rate there has barely moved.

If some of the international trends are hard to fathom, so is the strange uniformity within countries. Trude Lappegard, a Norwegian demographer, says that her country’s baby bust, which has been going on for six years, might be easy to explain if it had hit one group especially hard. Instead, women of all ages and all levels of education are having fewer children."

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21697817-financial-crisis-hit-birth-rates-fell-rich-countries-expected
>>
women entering the work force, the death of christianity, the welfare state, the shitty economy.

all of these things negatively affect birthrates
>>
>>72946368
Its even affecting countries that got richer during the GFC like Australia.
>>
File: golden lel.jpg (298 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.jpg
298 KB, 1462x1462
>>72946190

>Germany is going through a baby boom

I wonder who is responsible for this
>>
File: unnamed (6).png (34 KB, 238x220) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (6).png
34 KB, 238x220
>>72946966
>>
File: 35299023590352.jpg (107 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
35299023590352.jpg
107 KB, 550x413
Why aren't we having kids?

I am 28, my brother is 31, my sister is 27.

My brother is just focused on business and just fucks prostitutes. My sister is married but is really career focused and doesn't want kids yet. I can't get into a serious relationship to save my life because women's standards are way too high while at the same time offering very little in return.

I fucking hate what society has become. Pic related is basically why people like me are unable to find a woman to marry and have kids.
>>
>>72946190
>so is the strange uniformity within countries.
>strange
Women's job was literally to give a birth and care for children. Now they can live with high standards of living without it. Other jobs are more attractive. And they found that job with worse pay is on the decline.

Or they just produce 6 kids during life automatically if they don't use contraception
>strange
>>
>>72946190
Why have children when YOLO?
>>
>>72946190
Maybe because of the banksters we have been on a life support economy for the last 8 years. All that has happened is that the middle-class and young adults income in most developed countries has dropped. In addition to that job security etc, is not same as before. Who want's to make children when you might get fired, and finding another job nowadays is not an easy task.
If you want to fix birthrate increase job stability, make middle class comfy, and pay young people enough so that they can live on their own. If goverments can't do that they shouldn't complain. It's all baby-boomers fault.
>>
>population must always rise

when will this meme end?
>>
>tfw still a kissless virgin

who cares family, the west is doomed
>>
>>72947457

I'm trying, but I don't think I can make up for it all. My sister already has three kids with her felonious partner and converted to black people Islam, which is even more cringe inducing than regular Islam.
>>
>>72946190
Rich countries don't need that much people. Specially now that robotics, AI and cloud business are booming(let alone all the other techs that also indirectly contribute for a more efficient society).

Rich countries don't need migrants either. Economy that relies on constantly growing population is very short sighted.

People need to realize that.

>>72946966
kek
>>
Why do people think that the population forever increasing is, well, sustainable? Or that it's even worthwhile?

It's funny how some idiots seem to want to emulate Africa, with its unthinking fornication just to keep the numbers growing.
>>
File: pepeh.jpg (60 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
pepeh.jpg
60 KB, 500x495
>>72946966
>>
File: 1414256484729.jpg (98 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1414256484729.jpg
98 KB, 900x900
>see, immigration fixes the birth rates
They really see nothing wrong with this implication, do they?
>>
The problem isn't falling birth rates, it is the media/elite-pushed notion that population growth is good. Instead of worrying about falling population sizes in the 1st world, we should be pushing massive birth rate reductions in the 3rd:
>end all direct monetary aid to 2nd/3rd world nations
>end all direct food aid to 2nd/3rd world nations
>foreign aid should consist of only agricultural production equipment and
>mandatory access to aid countries of fertility doctors
>fertility doctors will offer free of charge oral contraceptives, IUD's and condoms to anyone 16 or older
>fertility doctors will offer free sterilizations for anyone 30 or older

We should be 1) pushing self-sufficiency and 2) population control. Period.
>>
>>72948245
This. The birth rate is a natural reaction to the current labor market. There is less need for manpower as automation takes over.
>>
File: multiwhy.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
multiwhy.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>72948245
No, falling birth rates are a massive problem. It's a symptom of a declining civilization. We should be pushing for healthy values and societies in 1st world countries which would naturally entail moderate population growth. In addition contraceptives of all types and abortion should be banned until the birth rate is over 2.1 in every country.

But yes self-sufficiency should be a given everywhere. 3rd world simply cannot sustain it's population growth and are already living on gibs.
>>
File: smoked salmon.jpg (103 KB, 644x643) Image search: [Google]
smoked salmon.jpg
103 KB, 644x643
Ha faggots your dicks dont work and your women hate you.
>>
File: paddy cucks.png (452 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
paddy cucks.png
452 KB, 600x600
Potato nigger pls.
>>
>>72948908
>Ireland
>white
>>
File: lmao.png (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
53 KB, 300x300
>>72948993
Yeah we took a whole 600 refugees
>>
German women take tours to Ireland to get impregnated. Did you know that?
>>
>>72946190
This is purely an effect of birth control and women's rights. Role those back and the west would have population growth.

It's time to recognize that women have failed western civilization and no longer deserve the rights we have granted them.
>>
>>72948993
No matter what your white history, you must support multiculturalism.
>>
>>72949063
>Ireland
>not white
nice delusional family
>>
>>72948908

Glad to see Ireland is growing since they don't allow their children to be murdered! The hedonists are killing their own societies
>>
>>72948908
Kek, after decades of negative population growth to the point where there was more irish americans than irish people, youd better be glad youve got a population boom.
>>
>>72948894
The need for human labor has changed drastically with automation. Millions of mouth breathers aren't a boon but an impediment.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.