[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Trump to Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: trump.png (340 KB, 773x580) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
340 KB, 773x580
Ok /pol/, I come to you in curiosity

I am an educated male working in finance, having graduated college around 2 years ago. I make around $150k a year (will scale to much more later), and have no interest in welfare platforms or free college or whatever. In short, I don't have anything against Trump personally, and I don't have any agendas to push either.

In short, what is the appeal of Trump? I don't have that much time to follow the news, but most people here in finance despise him. He's very loud and brash, and his policy on minorities and other groups seem more a byproduct of his voter base than his own actual views.

Most people here also don't hold that much esteem for Trump's business acumen - he doesn't have any tenure in financial markets, and his riches seem to be more a byproduct of his family's wealth and the growth of real-estate, as opposed to savvy investing. He's not an idiot, that's for sure, but he's not a huge dealmaker either. Protectionist policies have been historically bad for America and the rest of the world, despite their nice nationalistic rhetoric.

Most of us in finance are of the opinion that minorities, gays, LGBTS, whatever, are totally fine as long as they can hack the workload. As long as I can work with you and you produce good product, it doesn't matter to me where you come from or what you do in your spare time.

I'm just curious because of all the hype recently, and that I used to come back here a lot before I took my job.

Explain to me why I should vote for Trump, sans rhetoric. I'm interested.
>>
>>72933573
donaldjtrump.com

Form your own opinions, faggot.
>>
>>72933573
>an educated male
pussy faggot, grow some balls and be a man
>>
>>72933624

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would vote for him with half a brain. That's why I'm asking you guys why I should.
>>
I miss the old /pol/

You guys are just edgelords with a lot of free time
>>
File: 1462342704104.gif (389 KB, 439x439) Image search: [Google]
1462342704104.gif
389 KB, 439x439
>>72933729
I'll bite, because why not.

For me, its a number of reasons. He is the most likely candidate to expand my gun rights. He's a great speaker. Hes not afraid tell critics and the media to fuck off. The left wing bullshit tactics don't work on him. He's just the perfect candidate. He cares about America and wants to make it great

MAGA
>>
>>72933729

You shouldn't. He made his money with brick and mortar. Your days of playing in bank held black pools while the state pensions don't know are over. You should fucking fear him like those that short Chinese corps fear that knock.. I'm assuming the Chinese Gestapo knock? Probably not.
>>
>>72934666

These seem like good reasons why someone would be a good pundit, but not a good president. Just because someone will give you more guns and has a quick wit doesn't mean he's good for the nation.

>>72934517

I don't think that's where he's headed, seems like he has kind of avoided the topic of financial regulation.

Anyway, it's a dark pool, and for the most part, banks provide what you ask for. People want to buy TVs and cars with no money down, and the market ends up reflecting that.

Should we stop this as banks? Maybe. But you, the consumer, are happy to waddle around in your mortgaged house and credit card debt until it all hits the fan, and then you point your finger at us for greed.

Anyway, the brick and mortar thing you mention seems silly anyway. What's the difference?
>>
>>72933573
You are completely uninformed, and are regurgitating things that aren't true. I will gladly explain to you the appeal after you clarify a few things so we are on the same page.

>and his policy on minorities and other groups seem more a byproduct of his voter base than his own actual views.

What policy on minorities? Did you just make that that up? He has zero policies about minorities. Please explain what you are referring to.

>he doesn't have any tenure in financial markets, and his riches seem to be more a byproduct of his family's wealth and the growth of real-estate, as opposed to savvy investing.

I'm not sure why you are trying to define his success based on financial markets. Trump is a real estate developer. He employs over 20,000 individuals, and owns property and physical assets across the world. Trump was given start up money from his father, and accumulated his fortune by his own success and hard work. His riches are absolutely not a byproduct of his families wealth.

>Most of us in finance are of the opinion that minorities, gays, LGBTS, whatever, are totally fine as long as they can hack the workload. As long as I can work with you and you produce good product, it doesn't matter to me where you come from or what you do in your spare time.

Why are you even talking about minorities, gays, LGBTS, etc. Why even make that comment? It has nothing to do with Trump at all. Why bring this up?
>>
>>72933573
Don't think. Just go with the sheep and MAGA.
>>
>>72933573
> He's very loud and brash, and his policy on minorities and other groups seem more a byproduct of his voter base than his own actual views.
And which policies are you referring to?

>Most of us in finance are of the opinion that minorities, gays, LGBTS, whatever, are totally fine as long as they can hack the workload.
Are you suggesting that Donald is against the LGBT community? Are you perhaps confusing him with the loser Ted Cruz?
>>
>>72935906

sure

the lgbt thing is really about the building a wall and the seemingly poor bias against minorities and illegal immigrants

illegal immigrants are a reasonably big deal, but historically they havent been that big of a problem. reminds me of ross perot and nafta in the 90's where he warned of all these jobs being lost across the border

for the most part, they do jobs that no-one else wants to do, and all they want is a better life for their family. i really don't see the issue; and if it really devalues your citizenship that much you should get a better job or something

in terms of markets, you "bench" an assets value by its growth rate over time to its naturally growing item; i.e. s&p. i trade agency rmbs and while i was born in the early 90's, trump's growth in real-estate assets just seems to mirror the boom of re in general. this means he's just a wave-rider, not a business savant
>>
>>72936355

the wall policy mainly, also this weird emphasis on china

also sorry for the lowercase, on my phone now commuting
>>
>>72936579
>>72936655
You aren't OP, and you make no sense.
>the lgbt thing is really about the building a wall and the seemingly poor bias against minorities and illegal immigrants
The fuck are you smoking or talking about. Not reading the rest of your post based on incoherent stupidity.
>>
>>72937003

i'm on my phone now, had to go to work

its just his aggresive stance on minority groups

yeesh you guys are offended easily
>>
>>72933573

If you keep seeing the world in dollar values then you will never understand anything other than dollar values. So long as material wealth is your only goal, you will be blind.
>>
>>72937088
What stance against minorities? You have not referenced what you are talking about. I'm not offended at all. I'm just not going to waste my time. I asked you specific questions in which you didn't respond. You gave an incoherent response of: the lgbt thing is really about the building a wall and the seemingly poor bias against minorities and illegal immigrants. LGBT has absolutely nothing to do with enforcing immigration laws. Not wasting my time.
>>
You're probably working in an investment bank (MS, GS, JPM etc)

I work at a PE fund (Kkr, tpg, Apollo etc) and let me tell you, some bankers are so ignorant even some poltards have more intelligence than them.

They can grasp the issues, but they simply don't care about them.

Do you care about the issues? ANYONE can see how political correctness and SJW is wrecking the social fabric of the country.

Trump isn't good for the world, but hesdamn right the best for America
>>
File: 1458392282773.jpg (298 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1458392282773.jpg
298 KB, 2000x1333
>>72933573
>Explain Trump to Me

No. There are no explanations to be had.

Listen and believe.
>>
>>72933573
>I don't have that much time to follow the news, but most people here in finance despise him.
He will shut down all the kike shekel streams and bring the jobs and taxes back to America. Sure they hate him.

>He's very loud and brash, and his policy on minorities and other groups seem more a byproduct of his voter base than his own actual views.
Enforcing the law and kicking illegal criminals who aren't supposed to be in the country is racist now?

>he doesn't have any tenure in financial markets,
Financial markets are a scam. I make 300k per year just by following the news. Made 40% profit since September on HUI and TVIX. You don't even have to have a brain to make money in finance.

Trump, on the other hand creates real jobs and builds real businesses that contribute to the country. And that's his strength.

> totally fine as long as they can hack the workload.
Which workload? Everything is outsourced. The labor force participation is at historical low.
>>
>>72936579
>reminds me of ross perot and nafta in the 90's where he warned of all these jobs being lost across the border
Which happened.
>for the most part, they do jobs that no-one else wants to do
You forgot "for slave wages" in your comment there.
>>
>>72933573
I don't care about politics outside of the entertainment value, and Trump is an outrageously entertaining candidate.
>>
Because he represents the first true pushback against the SJW onslaught.
I don't really hate the minority groups that SJWs represent, except that they are being used as props to attack me.

Trump represents everything that rustles jimmies - A rich, heterosexual white man who doesn't apologize, and doesn't give a damn.
>>
>>72937232

chill dude

talk to me about immigration if you want

>>72937250

i work in s&t so im a little more worldy (or perhaps just a glorified rolodex)

really surprised sometimes at the strange kids in ib

anyway yeah i care, but it seems like every generation is against the newer one (x,yz)

dont see how trump will solve the problem

>>72937484
the point was perot was wrong, usa didnt lose much jobs and trade multiplied by 5-6x

nafta was and always has been a good thing

>>72937442
>germany
>kike shekel streams

haha i have missed this place
>>
>>72933573
>I'm educated.
>I can't figure shit out on my own.
Lurk moar.
>>
IS this "non iformed voter" shit going to be an every day now?, "please justify your choice to me"

it's the new troll

sage
>>
You're too obvious of a troll.
>>
File: m85yb7wal3fi2doeukpa.png (147 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
m85yb7wal3fi2doeukpa.png
147 KB, 383x500
>>72933573
You have two candidates to vote for:
>1) An establishment puppet who has a trail of bodies behind her and whose retarded decisions during Lybian crisis led to the whole refugee crisis and further destabilization of the Middle East
>2) A guy who has his own business empire, experienced in economics and cares more about well-being of his own country rather than playing a world gendarme

>"Please explain to me why should I vote for the second one and not for the first one"
>>
>>72937660
>usa didnt lose much jobs and trade multiplied by 5-6x
Cool, how did this actually benefit the average American?
>>
I for my part support Trump because I want to see America go to shit. I hate Americans and everything they embody and I believe Trump might just be the thing to run that shithole into the ground.
MAGA
>>
>>72933573

Arnold Schwartzenegger would be awesome and very american
>>
>>72935218
What is a good president anyway? I would say it is somebody who speaks well and has good ideas. They don't have all that much real power over legislation, but they make certain ideas more/less important by talking and being a presence. Trump is very much a strong presence.
>>
>>72938268
>t. mehmet
>>
>>72938222

gdp rose, manufacturing costs fell, unemployment fell

>>72938165

yeah hillary seems to suck but like obama i doubt her efficacy in harming the usa

>>72938347
this is interesting, but slightly worrisome as a school of thought
>>
>>72938222
If USA lost even one job, it is a bad deal for America and the average American, I don't care how much trade multiplies by. We have enough resources right here we don't need the rest of the world or their trade.
>>
>>72938549
>gdp rose, manufacturing costs fell, unemployment fell
The first two don't really benefit the average American that much and the last one is false. Having the highest GDP on the planet doesn't mean much if it never actually improves the lives of most of its citizens.
>>
>>72938563
>we don't need the rest of the world or their trade.

But you do. Do you think you'll ever revert to making your own electronics, automobiles and clothing? Forget it...
>>
>>72938765

boy do i have something to tell you about called introductory economics

>>72938563
you too would benefit from econ 101

okay i have to go to work, this thread has been slightly less than fruitful and reasonably worrisome

will check if it is alive later
>>
>>72939318
You're clearly very young and/or naive. The tech industry exploded in the late nineties, during NAFTA. New industry was created.

Anyone that works in finance would understandably be against a conservative or Trump. Money is flowing into the stock market to avoid normal tax rates, only hit the rate for capital gains which is much lower. It's artificially propping up the stock market. Once the tax rate is lowered and/or tax rates are evened out regarding capital gains, there's going to be a big slow down in the stock market. You're a corporate welfare babby.

TL;DR version: finance shills are sucking the government teat for a living
>>
>>72939318
And I'd like you to just introduce yourself to reality. The richer are richer, everyone that isn't wealthier is just getting more poor. The middle class is shrinking, how is the richest motherfuckers have more wealth help everyone else? Good for them, I don't hate them or demand we redistrube their wealth, but if comes down to having a policy that protects a hundred average families verses a policy that makes one wealthy family just wealthier, I'd take the former.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.