[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /pol/ feel about George Carlin? Ultimate red pilled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: george-carlin.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
george-carlin.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
Thoughts? He seemed to have a solid perspective on many issues.
>>
>>72643424
RAT SHIT BAT SHIT DIRTY OLD TWAT

SIXTY-NINE ASSHOLES TIED IN A KNOT

HURRAAAYY

LIZARD SHIT

FUCK!
>>
He was one of the main inspirations for me dropping christianity when I was a kid, I'm a big fan.
>>
>>72644041

Same. Religion is fucking stupid.

Do you find it weird so many red pilled "truth seekers" on /pol/ are diehard christian-fags?
>>
>>72643424
He was funny, witty and did not give a fuck. I miss him.
>>
>>72644149
They're contrarian faggots. Anything that reminds them of normal people, they oppose because a lot of them are literal teenagers and severely mentally ill adults.
>>
Deep when you are 14

A blowhard when you are 25
>>
>>72643424

The Jesus Christ of our times. The man was a prophet. Not only one of the most talented comedians of all time but was one of the very few who ever made to the mainstream saying red pilled shit.

What amazes me is he was the ultimate liberal when I was kid speaking out against war and the evils of America. But then when he started talking about feminism and social justice faggotry he became an enemy to those faggots.
>>
>>72644500

This boils down to be just be a libertarian. Libertarian left or right both piss of religious nuts and SJW nuts.

Religious nuts and SJW nuts have the same thing in common: they want to control and shame others.
>>
Check this out, Carlin was saying this shit in 1990. No comedian now would be able to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPIOo23Fhc
>>
>>72643424
anti-nationalist cuck
>>
File: patrice.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
patrice.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
>>72644268
All religion is stupid! It has been near universal for thousands of years but now we've found out; history is a giant fucking upward-pointing arrow labeled SCIENCE, even though most non-pop scientist are actually more or less religious.

If you believe there are no religious questions then your eyes are blind to half the world.
>>
>>72644041
>>72644149

He was an edgy comedian with no theological or philosophical training. You learned to hate religion from him? That's pretty fucking pathetic. I wouldn't mind if you said Hume or even Richard Dawkins. How can you possibly value the philosophical opinions of a stand up comic? This right here is why Americans get ridiculed by everyone else.
>>
>>72645060
He's right in a sense though. You need to make sure you have the right to be proud of your heritage by defending it and living up to it. Simply being Irish is nothing to be proud about until you achieve something with that heritage to better your nation.
>>
File: edgelord.jpg (10 KB, 239x326) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.jpg
10 KB, 239x326
>>72643424
It was weird to see an old man spewing ideas I thought were cool when I was a 16 y.o. rebellious anarchist edgelord. People in his age shoud know the world is much more complicated, unless of course he was a retard
>>
>>72645602
Key words that you missed

kid

one of the main inspirations

Of course science and experience eventually won me over and cemented my views.

>>72645538
Adult santa isn't real and nothing you say will change that.
>>
File: Great Khan.png (17 KB, 635x441) Image search: [Google]
Great Khan.png
17 KB, 635x441
>>72645605
You know the world "love" in "I love ice cream" and "I love my children" means differet things tough it gnerally means you are very fond of something.

National pride and pride of your achievements means different emotions though they both mean you feel good with your identity.

How hard is this? Carlin was a moron
>>
>>72645538
The purpose of science is finding out what is not true and what is, not to disprove religion.

There are plenty of religious questions to be answered, but those answers will not be given by religions. Religions merely addapted (a little) but is still infected by stupid ideas that seem less and less relevant after each new discovery that has been made over time.
>disdain for plebs
Yes, disdain towards anyone that fills whatever is not yet discovered with religious answers.
>>
Freemason controlled opposition shill
>>
>>72645051
>No comedian now would be able to do this

because people expect comedians to be funny
>>
>>72646121
>>72645538

In other words:
Stop giving the "God" answer where a simple "We don't know" would suffice
>>
File: 1461301589527.jpg (87 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1461301589527.jpg
87 KB, 750x1334
>>72643424
Guy was just an entertainer who got paid to get on the stage and say edgy-but-not-too-edgy-for-common-audience stuff. If you consider him a teacher or source of information then you are doing something wrong with your life.
>>
>>72644458
Exactly this.
>>
>>72646488
You can learn from anyone, and to write off someone's perspective or insights because they are a performer is meaningless and an ad hominem argument.
>>
>>72643424
he was a blue pill faggot.
>>
>>72646752
to this day the best Thomas the Tank Engine narrator.

also, being the narrator gives us endless possibilities with shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iwvu-j7BuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjfwNwyhzXQ
>>
>>72646678
And what can you learn from a stand up comedian routine? Some sarcastic quips that hardly even relate to the issue when you think about them?
>write off someone's perspective or insights because they are a performer
That's exactly what you should do, when the performer makes money by selling his "perspective" to a wide audience.
>>
Massively blue-pilled

- against Christianity
- against religion
- anti-government
- pro-vulgarity
- pro-drugs

He was edgy because it was new. Now it is the usual crap that destroys society.
>>
File: disgusted animu girl.jpg (25 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
disgusted animu girl.jpg
25 KB, 680x383
>>72645538
>Hegelian dialectic of progress
>>
>>72643424

He was edgy in the right way when he was younger, then he just turned autistic. Mixed feelings about him tbqh.
>>
>>72647353
He made a lot of money at some point so it would've been a bad decision to do a 360 degree turn:^)
>>
Currently visiting NY
this video is 100% true
https://youtu.be/nLRQvK2-iqQ
>>
"Massively blue-pilled

- against Christianity
- against religion
- anti-government
- pro-vulgarity
- pro-drugs"

All of those things are awesome, fuck off and die.
>>
File: 1435771243303.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435771243303.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>72647688
>religion
>awesome
>>
>>72647303
>He was edgy because it was new.
this.

at the time, he was edgy and it was funny. "hah get a load of this edgy cranky old man routine"

but now everyone is like that. only worse, because while he may have been liberal as fuck, he played it for laughs. Everyone else plays it straight and will get mad if you disagree
>>
>>72643424
He was a dunce.
>>
>>72644458
This anon has a head on his shoulders.
>>
>ITT : people mix spirituality and religion.

Religion is often if not always, straight retarded

Spirituality on the other hand makes a lot of sense.

I dunno m80s, why would you bother yourselves with religion when you could just go look for your own answers in things.
Religion created judaism and jews as well as muslims after all.
>>
Realtor? He was the anti thesis of /pol/. Hates nationalism, thinks voting doesn't matter, shit on religion ruthlessly, hates what we've done with the beautiful landscape of our country and corporations are to blame, hated fat people.
>>
>>72646121
>>72646072
>>72645736
>>72645605
>>72645538
>>72645060
>>72644195
What are these countries?

They even white?
>>
File: docpol.jpg (91 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
docpol.jpg
91 KB, 1000x563
>>72646121
The problem is that people like you believe science is the only way of knowing, and that unlike religion, science is without assumption.

And this just isn't true, which is why it's annoying to hear religion being put down on charges that science is also guilty of.

A simple example of an assumption that is absolutely central to science is 'the constancy of constants'. Scientists assume that, for example, the speed of light is always the same, even though it has been measured to be different several times before they finally ended up stipulating a definition for it.

Another thing about science is that while we think of it as a set system of doing things, it isn't at all, there are lots of disagreements about what methodology is 'scientific'. Sometimes it is sufficient to show a 'statistically sufficient deviation from the null hypothesis' in which case, telepathy has been scientifically proven several times at universities around the world (see ganzfeld experiments).

Other times 'scientists' decide they need something as ludicrous as a 'mechanism of action', which is essentially unintelligible as to what it's supposed to mean.

>The purpose of science is finding out what is not true and what is

Not at all, science decides both what is necessary for something to be true and how to determine whether it actually ticks those boxes. The proper analogue is a crossword puzzle...

The fact is that the concept of transcendental truth, if there is such a thing, has nothing to do with science. Science is a human invention.

Read Thomas Kuhn
>>
He was pretty good at making fun of retarded people on both the right and the left. You don't have to have a political opinion about him, and I think that was a lot of his point. His main thing was making fun of how people take themselves too seriously in different ways.
>>
He is a poor man's Stanhope by any metric
>>
>>72643424

I think he's funny, don't agree on all things but he can make me laugh which is important.
>>
>>72648707
no. they are mixed
like ur own shithole
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKdvTecYAM

I've always found this bit memorable.
>>
>>72645602
>Theological or philosophical training

Oh good! So you're saying he wasnt brainwashed by other nut bags. Thx for admitting that!
>>
>>72649899
I mean, you're the one that's brainwashed. I'm not saying science is useless and not good for anything.

Do you know how many people you're writing off even? What all of theology and philosophy is shit and you were the guy who found out? You think this highly of yourself?
>>
>>72643424

>on many issues

Yes, on many, but definitely not on all.
>>
>>72643424

Didn't this guy just try and emulate Bill Hicks after he died.
>>
>>72647197
>And what can you learn from a stand up comedian routine? Some sarcastic quips that hardly even relate to the issue when you think about them?

That's a pretty narrow perspective. You can learn from any source, and humour is one of the best tools we have for geting points of view or arguments to be accepted by people who might otherwise reject them. That's why we have satire. Making fun of stupid ideas can highlight the stupidity and absurdity of them in an engaging way.

Your logic is flawed, Polski.
>>
>2016
>4chan is religious all of a sudden
>still continues to posts CP

makes sense
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.