[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Monty Python's agenda? I've seen all series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: mol.jpg (38 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
mol.jpg
38 KB, 500x537
What was Monty Python's agenda?
I've seen all series and movies (as i love MP), but a long time ago and don't remember, but i remember something very anti-PC about it and joking about modern society rather then government.
>Pic mildly related
>>
>>72634636
Monty pythons agenda is to make ppl laugh. Theyre all left leaning libs, especially idle n gilliam, who renounced his us citizenship in protest to bush, and theyre not fans of organized religion. But theyre (mostly) very politically incorrect, and if anyone were to write some of the MPFC sketches today (especially the ones w blackface), theyd be crucified.

Theyre also the greatest group of comedians in the history of the genre. There arent many working comedians today who would disagree with me
>>
>>72634636
Pic related proves my point. Who was making those jokes in 1983?
>>
>>72635192
I'd like to think that MP and South Park are familiar as they both make fun of the right and the left without taking sides and South Park also wants to amuse people
>>
>>72635620
MP didnt skewer the left as much as the right (life of brian is pretty left-leaning, especially stiff like idles character loretta), but cleese is very anti-pc, and was telling hilarious race jokes during his tour with idle. Eric idle, i feel, is very left but doesnt like to offend, just shock.

Not a big fan of SP altho i agree with your statement. Theyre huge MP fans and apparently had some hand in making the reunion happen altho the reunion was mostly to pay their legal bills.

I saw the reunion, btw, and it was hilarious
>>
>>72634636
I seem to remember those movies taking the piss out of everyone and everything. And not in the lazy way that you see in modern media (like GTA), where the punchline is literally just "wow, these guys suck, right?". Monty Python did use anti-PC stuff for comedic effect, and also just understood how to make a joke funny regardless of the audience's views.

To me, it's very apolitical.
>>
>>72634636
>What was Monty Python's agenda?

Showing how inferior the Anglo Humor is.

Just watch John Oliver.
>>
>>72637262
(You)

>Piss off
>>
File: Graham-Chapman.jpg (51 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
Graham-Chapman.jpg
51 KB, 625x417
Razor sharp political satire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uvt83YWWWY
>>
>>72639005
Absurdist surrealism, too
>>
>>72639005
>Not funny: the video
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.